• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern It's A Demons World

sprouhtt

溺死花
allema.demo.png

a1619ae946160d4bb00e73c7813bc443.jpg
Welcome to the city of Eloid, it's where all the freaks of the freaks make their way out to the streets. The city of Eloid is almost like a normal bustling city in the human world, they have markets, shops, restaurants, entertainments, clubs, and much much more. The ones that are masking what they are having a place to let loose since the humans took that from them and said if they are to live in the human world they must wear mask. Many oppose to this rule which is why the city was built. There is a group of ruling demons, about four or five of them but their council is growing by the minuet with these new bandits who are posing a threat to their city. They are what the city says the most powerful demons of existence...well...they can't be as powerful as the one they call Satan. The city has been falling apart with these rebel bandits who think that the city is corrupt and the people of the city are being hypnotized by the council(which is a little true). There has been a high report of crimes throughout the city ever since the bandits came to play.

337a6c8e7520161f516398f63185e484.jpg
Long ago Satan himself was becoming too powerful and couldn't contain himself anymore, the city Council of Eloid came to a decision of draining the power from him. Now let us remind you that the Council holds more authority then Satan, the council is the one that actually makes the rules. Satan wasn't going to let them take that away from him so he removed his powers with a simple ancient chant and cast his powers into a box. He sent the box deep into the depths of the city, legend has it that you can hear the power beating against the box to be free. Rumor has it that he hid the box in an old part of the city that most fear to venture in because the monsters. The monsters that end up there, are there for a reason because the mortal children who have grown up do not fear them anymore. That part of town has a barrier around it to keep the monsters from escaping, most of them are unstable and if one were to venture out only hell would break loose.

The rebels main motive is to find the box of GrimLore before the Council does.The rebels want to have the power all to themselves if the legends that has been here for years and years is true about whats hidden in the box. The council hears of the news about the box, which they thought was a legend/myth of some sort. But they knew if the rebels got the power for themselves it would put the city at risk in being destroyed and the Councils would be no match for them. The Council says that they want to contain the GrimLore but they are only going to use it for their own selfish reasons. Now it's a race against time itself in finding the GrimLore. This box was hidden by Satan, it contains powers that have never been seen before and many want to get their hands on it. The council wants to use it for their own personal use in taking over the world. Which is why the rebels have come to put an end to this or maybe they want to use the power for themselves? The power of the GrimLore is so strong that it is rumored to allow the user to control the seven galaxies of the universe.

Who will you be, in the race for the Grimlore? Will you be our destroyer or our savior?

(check navigations for more info on ooc, rules and cs)

Last edited:
Michael Canon (Alastor Blake)​

Micheal sighed heavily as he finished reading and signing that last of a mountain of petitions. All around Eloid, people had been asking for roads to be repaved, and old streetlights replaced. No one seemed to care that the council simply did not have the budget to do the whole city at once, and were simply asking to have their sectors repaved first. It was a never-ending battle to appease and please the people without causing the city to go bankrupt. I can only funnel in so much of my own wealth at a time before the government starts to get suspicious. He rubbed at his face tiredly as he reached into a suit pocket and produced an ornately inscribed pocket watch to check the time. It was 7:14 in the morning; he had unintentionally pulled another all-nighter tackling his eternal wellspring of paperwork. I doubt the rest of the council even does paperwork, the miserable louts.

Micheal rose out of his high-backed chair and brushed away any wrinkles in his suit before he put his rapier and parrying dagger back on his hips and made his way toward the office door. Opening the door and stepping through with an unmatched stealth, he left the door ajar for whichever attendant was coming to collect the most recent stack of annotated and signed documents. Striding swiftly through the council building, Michael aimed to make it to chambers unseen, bathe, and put on new garments. No one needed to know exactly how much time he spent keeping Eloid from falling into poverty, not that those fools called rebels were making his life any easier. He was nothing more than a blur and a sharp breeze as he nearly flew through the building.

"Chairman Blake, I do believe that you have earned yourself a nice soak in a warm bath. Another job well done keeping this decrepit, pathetic excuse for a city from falling into ruin. How long do you intend to pretend to care about the fools?" Michael spoke to himself as he passed through the main room of his chambers and into the bathroom. He began drawing himself a bath and undressing, folding his clothes neatly before placing them in a hamper for his worn clothes. Worn not dirty.

"I play this game for as long as it takes until we can find the GrimLore, Michael. It was your brilliant idea to come here under an assumed identity and have those idiots do all of the dirty work, anyway." Michael put his various weapons, excluding the rapier and parrying dagger away in the faux bottom of a special cabinet; he placed the rapier and dagger inside the the cabinet proper. He stepped down into his large pool-like bath and sank down to his shoulders leaning his head back against the padded edges and letting the oils he added relax him.

"You are quite the insidious monster, Alastor Blake. How could you be so evil and self serving?" Michael chuckled darkly as he feigned a surprised tone. He played this game with himself every few years to strengthen his resolve. It reminded him why he took such good care of the ungrateful, pitiful masses.

"Because, my dear Micheal Canon, we are one in the same being. We are beholden to only one thing in this world: our quest for power. Never forget why you made me up, Michael. Never forget what is most important here."

"The GrimLore. Yes, I know. It has been a long wait, but I believe the wait is coming to an end. What ever shall we do to these people once he have what we came for?"

"Leave them to rot all on their own. It is not like we could gain anything from torturing them. We're evil, not cruel." Michael now laughed out right. It was true, but he never tired of hearing it. "Now, after this soak, why don't go and reassure the masses? Can't have them crumbling before we get anything useful out of them, now can we?"

((Just an intro post.))

Last edited:
Nabu walked through the long, dark corridor that time had certainly not forgotten, the wall paper was peeling off, mold ran rampant and his vampiric hearing could make out the heartbeats of hundreds of rats scurrying behind the decaying walls. The light flickered as old wiring struggled to maintain its grip, providing the faintest spark of power, just enough to keep the lights on.. most of the time. Not that the lack of lights would truly have been an obstacle to the ancient vampire, but it provided a certain... appeal to the corridor. His polished loafers made distinct 'clack' sounds that echoed down the hallway, done intentionally, to allow the occupants of the far room that he was on his way. Nabu came to a halt at the end of the corridor of flickering lights, the large metal door covered in rust and other unmentionables standing dominate. Slowly, Nabu reached up and gently rapped on the door, the metallic echo carrying down the empty hall with an almost ominous tone to it that it was almost enough to endear the place to his cold heart... almost. The metal door slid open, the gears grinding in protest at being moved after such a lovely rest, and Nabu's eyes fell onto the room, flicking to each of the four men standing in the room, "Gentlemen," Nabu said, bowing his head slightly, his light exotic accent tinting his voice as he stepped into the dimly lit room. He took a moment to examine the room, the table full of blades and other tools rusted with old blood, the flickering lights that could be easily maneuvered to blind someone to various chains hanging from the roof, each put specifically to inspire dread in those brought into the room, as it was intended.

Finally, Nabu looked at the center, where a pale woman with dark hair was chained to a chair, gagged and blindfolded, "Come now, gentlemen, that is unnecessary, remove them," he ordered as he slid a metal chair over to himself, a loud screeching sound piercing the air as the metal chair slid across the metal floor. Nabu slowly, almost lazily, lowered himself into the chair, crossed his legs and put his interwoven hands into his lap.

The woman wasted no time tearing off her gag and blind fold the second her hands were unbound.. but those lovely hazel eyes widened in surprise, a spark of fear and defiance at the sight of Nabu, "Is something amiss?" Nabu asked, making a show of looking around and then down, "Is it my tie?" He asked rhetorically, lifting his hands to lightly check the knot at the top of his dark armani.. "Alas, if it is, I must bear the burden of imperfection, but, my dear, I forget myself. Introductions are in order, yes? In that case, Hello, Mrs. Perkins," Nabu said, smiling at the woman, "I am.."

"I know who you are," The woman, Mrs. Samantha Perkins spat, her lips rising just enough to show her fangs marking her as one of his own kind, "You're one of the filth ruining this city."

"Quite," Nabu agreed, "We are doing our small parts, isn't that right, Mrs. Perkins?" He kept going not expecting an answer, "But enough of politics, do you know why you are here?"

"Does it matter? You'll find something to cover it up," The woman said, lifting her chin.

"It does matter, my dear, for your friends have stolen something from me," Nabu said, "I believe they thought it was valuable. A simple mistake. The box it was in was worth more. It is a trinket. Nothing more."

"Then why would you even want it back?" The woman challenged, but Nabu noted she did not deny anything.

"Sentimental value. When one gets as old as me, well," Nabu gave a small, non-committal shrug, "The little things help."

"Well, I don't know where it is, so what?" She challenged, a hard glint in her eyes as she mentally prepared herself, "Going to torture me?"

"Torture?" Nabu asked, raising a thin eyebrow and glanced around, "Oh, no, Mrs. Perkins, this," He gestured with a wave, "Is theatrics. Torture is, at best, useless and at worst counterproductive. If you know nothing, we waste hours... if you know something, we can't be sure you will even give us useful information. Can feed us false information just to buy yourself time away from the pain then we waste hours checking to see if what you said was right and its just a large mess."

"Then what are you going to do?" She said, confusion lighting her face.

"Have you heard of the carrot and the stick?" Nabu asked, when she noded, he smiled as if a prized student had said something clever, "Good, because I am rather fond of the notion. Get more bees with honey and all that, but, well, need to keep the bears away, don't we? Requires a rather large stick."

He motioned and two of the large men brought for a television and handed Nabu a remote. Nabu fiddled with the remote and.. managed to get a blue screen, a frown marred his face as he stared at the buttons mashing a few and trying to get it to work, "Forgive me, Mrs. Perkins, electronics have long eluded my mastery," with a defeated huff, he handed the remote to one of his 'associates' who, with practiced easy, hit a few buttons and brought a new screen up, a man and small girl tied to other chairs, with a hand on each of their shoulders, leaving to no imagination the threat.

"Amy!" The woman screamed at the tv, "What have you done?!"

"Nothing. Remember, the stick," Nabu said motioning to the television, "You see, my lovely Mrs. Perkins, I don't believe in torture. I believe in rewarding good behavior and punishing bad behavior, now you have a chance to be a good girl, Mrs. Perkins."

Nabu leaned forth, his hands on his knees, "I want the location to one Mr. Varill," he gave her a faint smile when her eyes widened, "You two are acquainted, of course, after all, you've been fucking him for five months now.. give or take a few months."

Her mouth opened and closed a few times, her eyes jumping to the screen with fear, "Don't worry, Mrs. Perkins, they cannot hear you, so your infidelity is still unknown to Mr. Perkins. Not that I approve, mind. I am rather old fashioned in that regard, but I understand, boredom and what not."

"I-I can't," Samantha whispered, tears spilling down.

"Oh, but you can, my dear Mrs. Perkins. You truly can," Nabu rose to his feet, ignoring how she flinched at his movement. Slowly, Nabu walked behind her, putting his hands on her shoulders, a position of power, "You see, my benefactor, I showed you the stick, but you have yet to ask for the carrot," he said whispering in her ear.

"I'll give you the past, present and future," he said, tucking a lock of her raven hair behind her ear, purposely ignoring the shiver that ran through her body, "I'll wipe this little incident out of the records, be our.. little secret, like the past didn't happen at all. For the present, twenty thousand in USD equivalent currency in the form of your choosing... imagine what you could do with that, and of course, it shall be tax free... and for your future, look at your beloved daughter," Nabu said, taking his hands off her shoulder to motion to the television as he stepped closer to it.

"A lovely child, will be eleven in two months, I hear," Nabu said, crouching down to get a better look, "And clever. Very clever. Excellent marks in school. But with your husband's income and yours... how will she ever enter a true university? Not those that saddle the poor child with so much student debt she can never feasible get free, but ivy league.. When she graduates, she may pick any university, and I shall see she gets into it. I'll cover her understudy, her masters and, should she desire it, even her doctorates in her chosen field, and of course, this extends to any future siblings little Amy has."

The tears were flowing freely down her cheeks, "B-But.."

"Mrs. Perkins, if you say no, I want you to understand what is going to happen," Nabu ran his hand down the screen, "I am going to turn on their side. They will see and hear everything that happens in this room just as you shall them... and I am going to tell dear Johnathan everything. How you are fucking a filthy little demon behind his back then.. then they are going to hurt him.. in front of your daughter. I will make darling little Amy watch as her father is mutilated and she will know it is all her mother's fault, but you won't talk then, you will be in shock, locked in your own little mind away from the pain and reality, and when I grow bored, I am going to have your husband killed... And little Amy will know it is all because her mother couldn't keep her legs closed. I won't kill you, my dear Mrs. Perkins, instead.. I shall let you live with that guilt, let it eat away at your mind until one day, you won't be able to take it anymore and end your pathetic life leaving traumatized Amy alone in a run down orphanage where who knows what shall happen to her."

"What if.." Samantha started, her voice catching in her throat as she tried to speak.

"What if I am lying?" Nabu finished for her, "Mrs. Perkins, have you ever heard of me breaking a deal? No, truly, I desire you to think on it. In all my dealings, most of which are publicized, have I ever gone back on my word? No. Do you know why? Your word is all you have in this world, my dear. If I started to betray all the people who made deals with me, then no one would want to make deals with me. My reputation is a powerful weapon that I have crafted and built over a very, very long lifespan. Ask yourself, my lovely Mrs. Perkins, is your life or that of your families truly worth centuries of hard work? It would take me decades, if not centuries, to rebuild the value of the my word, and as crass and dirty as it sounds, you are not worth the effort."

Samanth's hair fell in waves, blocking her faces as her shoulders heaved, broken. She had just enough sense to jerk when his hand caressed her shoulder, "Come now, don't cry Mrs. Perkins, just tell me what I want to know and your world will become a better place over night. Think of me less as a monster and more as your... benefactor just as you are mine."

Nabu reached up and lifted up her chin, "Now, tell me what I want to know."
proxy.php

Nabu stood in the corridor, pondering his next move, he had not thought the rouge so clever, but it seems he had underestimated his quarry, not that he would ever admit such. He lightly stroked his goatee as he considered his options. He could handle it himself, but that would eat up his resources he needed in other sectors, no, he would simply make use of the Council's resources instead..

"Sir, what about them?" One of his bruisers asked.

"Let them go and give her the rewards I said.." Nabu said, staring at the man in question as if he had just asked the single stupidest question imaginable, "Did you not hear me in there?"

"But I thought.." He said before stopping, "Yes sir.."

"She earned her carrot and she shall enjoy it," Nabu finished, waving the guard off as he pulled out his disposable phone from his pocket. He did not text nor use any phone that will leave a trace... and to be honest, smart phones were beyond his capacity to figure out, the flip phone or occasional brick was about as technically advanced as he comfortable going. He could pay people to handle his tech for him.

Nabu waited as the phone dialed out, when it stopped, he started talking not sure if someone answered or if it went to voice mail, "Ms. O'Sirius ( sprouhtt sprouhtt ), I fear I require your assistance for an endeavor... if possible, could you meet me at Pier 3 in one hour? Oh, and would you mind terribly if you brought along our lovely young Brekker? ( LindsMagee LindsMagee )"

Harry Cooper
( Cosmo Cosmo Hope this isn't me God modding man)
Harry awoke as he did most other days, with a moan and a look over at his watch. Exactly on midday, earlier than normal but still what few would call good. Fighting back the powers of procrastination, Harry finally frees himself from his comfortable prison of a bed, going over to his shower. With a swift kick, the water comes flowing through at a rapid rate allowing the con man to wash away the sweat that is the curse of a good nights sleep. After washing his short dark blonde hair, Cooper goes over his wardrobe grabbing his clothes: white shirt, black trouser and red tie. After getting changed Harry puts on his usual breakfast, two fried eggs and two pieces of toast to accompany it.

While frying and eventually eating his delicious breakfast he looks ver his humble abode. While the grey carpet is well hoovered, the table in the main room is a mess with various fast food boxes and papers with various scribbled notes upon them. Next to the coffee table is a small tv and a blue sofa and chair, both in less than new condition. The bathroom is in an equal state, a few tiles broken, some cracks in the mirror as well as the kick required to get the shower going. Still liveable. The same high praise could be given to the bedroom. Though the leather briefcase in the back was filled with objects with- unnatural sources. Similar objects are peppered throughout the house. Finally, the kitchen was filled with curry powered empty pages of rice and over such fun things, someone with no cooking skills has. After finishing his meal and leave the plate in the sink to be washed by fate, he grabs his trench coat and cigs and heads out.

Walking through Eloid's streets, with the burning cig in his mouth and lungs full of smoke, he readies himself for the day ahead. Not having a side in a conflict is hard, trying to beat both vastly better-equipped sides in a conflict is even harder. The rebels have no real end goal as far as Harry was concerned only wanting to get rid of those in power with no idea what to do after. The council's shady actions in the past and present made them ill-advised choices for the power that laid ahead. Letting out a sigh and putting out his cig, Harry enters a nearby bar. As it was still mid-afternoon, the bar was fairly quiet. A few fellas playing pool, some more just drinking, others just sitting about chatting, the bar tendering looking board as all hell and a man sat alone at the bar. A short bald guy, mid-thirties wearing a denim jacket and chinos. It was this guy Harry sat next to, ordering a Jin and Tonic as he did.

"Ain't that queers drink," the bald man asks to which Harry replied "Suck me off for twenty-five green ones," snidely as he was handed his drink. As he pays the bartender who quickly move away the bald man says "So how you been?". A code is the best thing to have with eyes everywhere. "Alright as you can be in this place, rock and a hard place," Harry says sardonically, drinking his beverage. "I well this might cheer you up, lass got ruffed up seems as if she knows something they want to know," he mutters as he passes Harry a note. The bald man finishes his drink saying "Deep shit this even for you mate, best of luck to ya" before he leaves the small establishment. A few minutes pass before Harry finishes his own drink, heading outside to the city he finds himself entrapped in. He could leave try and forget it all, but with some much at stake and so much to be won, how can he really say no. Opening the note it reads 'S. Perkins. 74 and Trench'. Stuffing the note and his hands in his pocket, Harry walks on.

10cefadc0259b11046d0300b91f96d8d.jpg
Mentioned: Cosmo Cosmo Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly
Interacting: N/A

It was in the afternoon and Selene didn't know what to make of her day. It was full of terrozing people who were dishonest with her, she didn't terrorize the innocent lives of people anymore since she thought that she should try a different approach. She rarely likes this new approach but it is less work, but she does miss it when people would beg her for mercy. Growing up, everyone feared her and wanted nothing to do with her. Those who did, wanted to use her abilities for the worst and others simply thought she was a terrible cause that would end their whole civilization so they wanted to eliminate her as soon as she was born. Her dear parents sacrificed their life for her and sent her off to live off in a remote place.

Selene was in the building of the Council when her phone had rung and it was Nabu telling her to meet him at Pier 3 in an hour with Brekkar. Even Selene and Nabu had been working together for a while, she feels as if she could trust him more then the others. She always knew something was up with Michael but she never but her finger on it nor paid much attention. She trust Nabu with more things and plus he is mainly the one who knows about her whereabouts if she is not in the building or doesn't wish to be found for the time being. Selene answered and told him that she would meet him there. She wondered what he wanted to discuss with her but she never asked him what it is he wanted from her and Brekkar. Selene ran her hand through her hair as she went into a room where she was meeting with a young fellow who had been rebelling against the Council. Selene would usually handle the interrogations since she was better at getting information out of them. Plus there have been high signs of rebellion against the Council and Selene wishes to find out who is behind it and why they chose to mess around with the Council or even dare challenge them.

Paris Scarborough
Mid-Town Apartment
Intro chap - sorry for the length... it was to get me in the mood for the character. Replies will be shorter.

"That's it, you are doing so well... Bravo!" The words were whispered in the young man's ear, the speaker delighting in the horrified shivers running down his spine. He leaned forwards, running his hands over the back of the other's shoulders, before running down his arms and resting over the quivering hands. Paris chuckled at the gulp, running his nose over the brim of the man's ear, leaning forwards and resting his chin on his shoulder, looking down at the frying pan the other was handling, before peering up at the girl sitting at the table across from them.

She did not share the same horrified look he was sure was plastered on her boyfriend's face. She sat there, determined - biting her lip, obviously in pain, clutching the stump where her left arm used to be. Paris turned his head, kissing the man's ear, and taking a deep breath. "You are making her so proud... but remember, if you burn the meat, then...well... we will have to secure another cut, now won't we." Another deep chuckle as the man gulped once more, the skin of his neck rubbing against Paris's lips.

"Henry, pull yourself together. This is ten Million Dollars, transfer documents and a villa in Hawaii! I already gave my arm because you were too much of a bitch to do it, and I swear I will beat you to death with the rest of that arm if you burn another piece!" Paris suppressed a laugh, grinning against the sweaty skin of the man's neck. He could almost feel the man start to hyperventilate, so he opened his mouth and bit down hard near the man's jugular. The pain made him jump, but Paris kept him at his station - before he refocused on the task at hand. Seeing as the guy was not going to faint, he stepped away and walked over to the woman - sitting down next to her.

"Red or white? I prefer white with pork... but really - this is your party." He smiled at her, and she gave him a small grin. "You really are one fucked up man, but you sure know how to make a deal. White will do." He laughed, and a moment later she joined him. They sipped at their drinks while Henry continued to flavor the meat, before finally removing it from the heat and serving it. What do they say? Third time's the charm?

He walked over, and placed down three small portions in front of them. It frankly looked divine... a natural, it seemed - save the nerves. They all clinked their glasses, before he watched them. The woman seemed to have less of a problem, watching the meat with a steady eye, before taking a large bite. Her eyes widened, and she smiled - "at least I taste as good as I look." She laughed, but Paris kept his eyes on the boyfriend. where before he was pale, now he was lightly green.

"Emma... Emma I can't do this. I am a vegetarian for Christ sake - I can't..." His eyes flew between Paris and her. his hands shaking - gripping the silverware with white knuckles.

"Listen to me you little shit, I have given up too much for you... for us. You agreed to this!" She had gripped the sides of the table and was glaring at her supposed lover. Paris sat back and smiled, sipping on his wine.

"That was not what I thought... this is not... He said we should go home with him, so that we could eat you- I thought he was being kinky! I can't do this... I'm a... I'm a fucking vege- I don't even eat normal meat! This is wrong!" He was about to stand up when his girlfriend also got up - taking a deep breath in anticipation of the oncoming scream-fest. It never came. Her body sat down again, before her head fell forwards into the plate. While the rest of the body still twitched - her eyes remained unblinking. Henry fell down in his chair as well, his eyes not moving from the knife protruding from her head. Paris sat down as well, picking up his glass and twirling it, smiling at the man.

"If you wanted to eat a vegetable... all you had to do was ask." He could not help himself, as he laughed loudly. the man seemed to be in shock, so Paris lifted a foot below the table and kicked him in the groin. The man fell off the chair, the pain forcing him to come back to the moment. With a flick of the wrist, one of the plates fell by his face on the floor. "You now don't have a girlfriend anymore, nor do you have a witness for this event. Thus, one of two things can happen. You eat that, and leave for your island resort - or I hook her up to life support and feed you to her via IV drip." He sipped at the fine white, smiling down at the man. After a few seconds, the man grabbed the meat and shoved it in his mouth. A few minutes later he was screaming as the steel door from the hidden refrigerated room closed behind Paris and left the crazed man in the dark with only the body of his now ex.

Paris walked over to he windows of his flat, looking out over the city. That had been a treat. He could do with a milkshake though... He walked over to his desk and got his phone and wallet, before leaving the flat - smiling at the dull thuds coming from his kitchen.

Ode Siti Issa
Mentions: slim slim

Ode stood hunched over a small table on the floor, pen in hand as it hovered over the blank paper. She had been in that position a good ten minutes or so, staring down at the report in front of her. Her hair was tied up into a loose bun as strands of curly hair fell around her face. Squinting her eyes to make the page blurry before opening them back up to make her vision clearer. The rumble of electric fans in the background, moving the warm air in her tiny office around but never seeming to be doing its job in cooling her.

There was paper scattered all across the floor. Of course to Ode they were all in their respective places but to the untrained eye it looked like absolute chaos. She had been in that position a good ten minutes or so as she read the report in front of her. The echo of voices in the background, as Ode hummed to herself. Groaning she signed the paperwork before pushing herself up off the ground.

Ode placed the paper in its respective pile as she heard a knock on the door. "It's open." She yelled as she crouched down to pick up a few papers that she was meaning to read. Hearing the door creak open she turned to find a mousy looking woman in the doorway. "Helena if this is about the new recruits I don't want to hear it. All they do is whine, they join our cause to rebel against their parents not because they actually believe in what we are doing." Ode sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose. Helena opened her mouth but was quickly interrupted by Ode. "Yes, yes, fine Helena. I know you're right. I'll speak to them but that does not mean I'll like it...Anyways here's the paperwork I owe you. Okay, if that's it... Thank you." Handing Helena, the paper work turning her around as she ushered her out the door, quickly shutting it behind her.

It had been weeks since they have gotten any information about the GrimLore, and Ode knew with each passing day only pushed the rebellion farther and farther behind the council. Pacing back and forth across her tiny makeshift office Ode thought. Checking her [hone she sighed when she saw there was no word from Zephyr. “That idiot thinks he can just clock out?” She mumbled, as she pressed his caller id. Putting her phone up to her ear as she spoke. “Zephyr, I hope the reason you’ve been gone for so long is because you’ve found a lead. If not don’t bother coming back unless you wish to train the recruits. They’re especially whiny this year.” Ending the call she looked down at the paperwork at her feet and sighed. Being head of a revolution was not what it was cracked up to be.

»Zephyr«

Interacting with Aio Aio
Zephyr had been out pretty late last night. The rebel base was too stifling sometimes and he needed fresh air. He wasn't meant to be trapped behind a desk for all eternity.
He liked the city as well. Neon lights flashed against the pools of water from drains and the small drizzle a few hours ago. Sometimes it was silent as death o it there, but other times it had the gentle pulse of bass coming from clubs and bars that offered humans refuge from the stress of the day. Zephyr was born back in the day and had never seen the things he saw now. It was a new world, but Zephyr had adapted to suit it.

He strode along the sidewalk with his hands shoved in his jeans. He had Timberland boots on and a white shirt he had cut the sleeves off of. The tattoos on his body were in a new pattern today for the occasion. His face now had a skull tattoo while his arms had words and symbols only familiar to the gang he was trying to act like he was a member of.

The bar loomed in front of him as he approached. A couple was making out in front of the door, but the man caught Zephyr's face, the skeletal jaw and lips giving him a haunting smile. The man pulled the woman towards him and they took off.

The inside had a rather warm and cozy atmosphere, but Zephyr knew that was just to avoid suspicions. He walked up to the barista and pretended to read the list of beverages on the chalkboard behind her.
"I'll have the Infallium." Zephyr said with a drawl. The girl nodded quickly and ran in the back. Zephyr got up and followed her. They went down some steps and the temperature started to decrease. The barista stopped at a wall and pointed towards it, her face and body still tense with nervousness. He just nodded his thanks and walked through the wall, the area rippling as he moved through it.
The noise went up ten bars and Zeohyr could feel the bass echo through his bones. He put in some earbuds that he carried around and made his way through the dancing crowd. There were all types of creatures down here. Vampires flocked on velvet chairs with pretty humans by there side that were nothing but portable bloodbags. Fellow demons melted into shadows and appeared on the other side of the room. Zephyr ignored the hands moving on his body as he waded through the swarm of creatures as they cooed for him to join them and made it to the staircase. Two security guards started moving towards him but there was an order barked at them from someone in front of Zephyr and they turned back to their posts.
"Ah, Zephyr. How lovely to see you. Come upstairs." The music faded as they climbed up and into the lowly lit room. Soft music played and small titters of laughter were heard from the different groups of seats clustered together around the room.
"I heard you had a lead." Zephyr said as he shook his head when the woman offered him a cigarette. She rolled her eyes and lit it with a lazy flick of her hand.
"One of Jhin's workers said something. His old man was one of those people who study old stuff. Ya'know, relics and shit. Apparently the man is completely nuts and keeps muttering stuff. Satan's treasure box. Find the key. Satan, Satan, Satan. It's like he's a reject cultist. I don't know why you're involved in this. I'm just telling you because..." Zephyr was snapped from his thoughts as the woman's hand was placed on his cheek. He grabbed it as gently as he could and put it down.
"Look, I appreciate it but we had our fun and now we're over. I just need a bit more info.." The woman hissed and took back her hand and inhaled the cigarette while giving Zephyr the stink eye for a few moments.
"Talk to Jhin, ok? He probably still lurks around downtown. Now, get out of my club." Zephyr nodded and headed downstairs. The portal let him leave and soon he was heading back to where he came from, his tattoos going back to their normal placement on his arms and back.

He didn't get any sleep but was energized with a few cups of coffee. He went through his phone and didn't even bother checking his voice messages since he knew what was waiting for him.

"Knock knock." Zephyr said as he walked in Ode's office. A mess like usual.

"You'll be happy to hear I found something. It's really small but no doubt more than what you've collected. Want to talk it out over breakfast?" He said as he leaned against her doorway.

Last edited:
Tempest walked into her office at the council after a long night of hits. She had taken out 4 people last night and it seemed as though the council's demands were growing every night, but she had to do this if not for herself, then for her parents. After reporting to a lower ranking worker at the council about her successes she ordered a car and was brought back home. After a brief shower and change of clothes she realized she had a missed call from both Selene and Nabu, both with voicemails about meeting at the pier at three. Shit Tempest thought as she looked at the clock, the face reading 2:45. She quickly climbed into a sleek black maserati, wondering what new job or information the council had to offer this time. She was always ready to do what they want, always at their beck and call. When she arrived close to pier three she decided to park about a mile from it, traveling through twisted alleyways and taking an unclear path. With rebel activity rising she had to be cautious to make sure she wasn't followed. When she arrived at pier three it was promptly 2:57. She was sitting atop a nearby roof, always choosing stealth and a vantage point. But when it was 3:00 she quickly climbed down and stood out in the open, waiting for Selene and Nabu.

Cosmo Cosmo sprouhtt sprouhtt

Ode Siti Issa
Interactions: slim slim
"Missing, missing, missing. Damnit." Looking through her newest stack of papers Ode couldn't help but feel sick to her stomach. Her recruits were dropping like flies and it wasn't just because they were homesick. Taking some tape from her desk she stuck the missing reports up on her wall with the rest. She knew most of the ones on her wall were most likely dead, but she couldn't bring herself to take them down. Marking the date on them with a pen she turned to look at the door when she heard the all to familiar voice of Zephyr. Rolling her eyes as she finished marking the dates on the papers before turning to look at him. Crossing her arms as she gave him her best glare. She pursed her lips as she looked at him, although she couldn't keep up the act for long as a small smirk graced her lips before it turned into a chuckle.

"Sorry, I've I haven't had the luxury of skipping out and going god knows where. You know running a rebellion is not all rainbows and butterflies, especially when all your given are a bunch of whiny teens to send out into the world." Walking over to him, she leaned in close as she took in a deep breath. Leaning back with a look of distaste clear on her face. "Breakfast is fine, so long as you take a shower afterwards. You reek of desparation and cheap perfume." She gave him a rather annoying little smile as she softly pat his cheek with her hand before leading him out of her office and down the hall.

"Helena don't have time to welcome the new recruits...ah...just say I'm on a top secret mission or something. They won't care about the details so honestly say anything." Ode spoke as she passed a rather distressed looking Helena, watching the girl open and close her mouth multiple times be seemed unable to string a coherent sentence together. "Thanks, you're a doll." With a wave goodbye she lead Zephyr out onto the streets, taking her hair down to help cover her face. "So what do you feel like today?" She spoke as she looked around, mainly watching the people on the streets, perhaps out of interest or paranoia Ode wasn't really sure.

Nabu kept his gaze outside of the dark SUV and onto the buildings of the cities as they passed. He wasn't driving, of course, he had never learned and his few attempts had ended very poorly. It wasn't that large of a handicap as he always had willing assistants willing and ready to serve as his drivers. He always had to keep a strong stranglehold like control over the radio as every driver had appalling taste in music and he had not walked this earth for a thousand years to be someone's 'dude/bro/homie/' whatever it was they said these days, it was hard to keep up with all the lingo that was invented so they could feel slightly more special then the last group that came before them. He distracted himself by refocusing on the buildings around him.. the mighty city, home to hundreds of thousands of people.. humans, vampires, demons and all those in-between. This glorious city created by the now deposed Satan.. how he hated it. A testament to his suffering and failures, and soon, he would finally have his revenge on his old friend, he could almost taste it. After a millennia, it was almost here, yet, a part of him was terrified, what would he do when it was all over? Once he had done what he wanted.. he wasn't sure, perhaps... perhaps once it was all over, it was time to go to sleep. Permanently.

The SUV rolled to a stop and Nabu stepped out of the car, followed by his three 'assistants,' now that they were finally at the pier. Nabu glanced at his watch, tugging back the sleeve of his suit, he was three minutes late. It was regrettable, but inevitable. They were still well out of visual sight from the warehouse across the way, where cargo and other goods were loaded and unloaded from the pier. Nabu glanced to his left and spotted one of his invited guest, Tempest Brekker, a very fitting name to the incredibly lethal and beautiful young vampire that would likely rise to take one of their seats soon, his money was on either his own once he had finished what he wanted he had no use for the seat, or the savage Wendigo.

"Ms. Brekker," Nabu said approaching the younger vampire and bowing his head slightly, "I am glad you were able to make it on such short notice. I apologize for the rush..." He said. He was aware she would have come, never thought for a second the young council aspirant would not, but it never hurt to apologize for last second notices. He hated these sort of things. He preferred to have time to think and ponder on what he was doing rather then simply more and react as he was being forced to do.

"I am sure Ms. O'Sirius will be here soon," Nabu let his gaze roam the warehouse that housed the men who had stolen from him... normally, he would not need Selene or Tempest for this.. but this was special. He needed Tempest to ensure success and he needed to speak to Selene away from prying ears and he needed his assistants here to 'help' Tempest by serving as a useful distraction. Nabu gripped his hands behind his back and stood, waiting as some of his 'assistants' started to mull about.

sprouhtt sprouhtt LindsMagee LindsMagee

Paris Scarborough
At the Pier
sprouhtt sprouhtt LindsMagee LindsMagee Cosmo Cosmo Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

Paris had just pulled out of some or other fast food outlet's drive thru - when he noted Nabu's car speed by. Well, one of them at least. A predatory grin spread across his face, his teeth delightfully grinding against the plastic straw clamped between them. He had not been aware of any Council business for the evening, and as always - he would hate to be left out of the fun. He decided to follow the vampire. Carefully tailing the other car, making sure to not be spotted by the driver. They seemed to be heading to the pier. Either they were going for a spot of late night fishing, or Paris might just learn a little but more about what his colleagues do during their evenings. A win-win either way. Finishing the last of his strawberry milkshake with a flourish, flicking the empty cup out of the window of his blood red SLS - AMG, he fished out his phone from his breast pocket. Parking a reasonable distance away from where Nabu parked, Paris got out and peered at where said vampire met with someone else, from across the pier. Holding in the number one on the touchscreen, the phone automatically called Micheal. The phone immediately reached the mail service. He clicked his tongue in distaste, before 'leaving a message' -

"Evening Canon - Before I interrupt our dear number three's spot of night work, I would like to know what exactly he is doing? It seems official enough - clearly he is using council resources, and while I realize I am not privy to everything - I feel I am being kept in the dark. Something you know I am not fond of, lest it include blindfolds. If you have a moment, care to share?" He pressed the red button, cutting off the call, placing the phone on silent, before he easily jumped up on the closest rooftop - and snuck a bit closer. Spotting the new recruit, he smirked. Had Nabu taken on a tutoring role? That would be adorable beyond all sense and reason. He kept his eyes on the phone, readying his thumb to answer when needed.

Tempest bowed her head slightly in return to Nabu out of respect, he was the longest serving council member and his very presence screamed of power and demand respect. "No need to apologize Mr. Utular, I understand how short notice events may begin to pop up more often. After all, it seems more attacks have been arising lately." Tempest inquired, thinking of the many extra kills she has had to do in the past few weeks...months even. She began to wonder if the council was scared, but her thoughts are interrupted by a feeling of being watched. She then imperceptibly turned her head in both directions as if hearing a noise. "Mr. Utultar, no disrespect, but is it possible that you may have been followed here?" she asked. She had been trained for years to notice even the littlest sensation that she was being watched. But she did not want to make in noticeable if there happened to be an assailant with an observant eye. Though she hadn't felt this feeling in a while, it was a bit exhilarating...sometimes she just felt invincible when facing some of her weaker opponents. She craved challenge and this could end up being one.

A L M O S A L M O S Cosmo Cosmo

Michael Canon (Alastor Blake)
Michael's personal office
A L M O S A L M O S

Michael Canon stepped out of his chambers in his traditional work suit, with his traditional weapons strapped and ready. The door shut and locked itself behind him as a messenger jumped up from where he had been sitting on the floor just outside the doors. He took a few steps back from Michael and waited to be addressed. He was holding a silver razor flip phone in his hands and was shaking a bit from his close proximity to Michael.

"What is it Ethan?" Michael smiled down at the quivering young man, who jumped as his name was called. He was shocked that the Chairman knew who he was.

"There's a message for you, Chairman Blake. It's from one of thee council members." Ethan held out the phone. He was immensely glad that he didn't trip over his words this time. Something about Alastor Blake made him want to just get on his knees and beg forgiveness for not being adequate.

"Thank you, Ethan." Michael took the phone and cupped Ethan's hand lightly. "You've done well." Ethan shivered openly as Michael relased him and bowed hurriedly before beating a hasty retreat. Michael loved toying with his subordinates; they fell for his tricks so easily.

Michael flipped open the phone and entered in his pin to check the message as he strode towards his office. The easy smile he had faded somewhat, then brightened dangerously. Oh, just when I despaired at another humdrum marathon of paperwork. Michael called Paris back as he walked into his office. "Mr. Scarborough, I realize that this may be hard to believe, but I am just as much in the dark about these proceedings as you are. Would you be so kind as to keep an eye on things and report your findings? We'll be having a meeting about this later." Michael shut his office door behind him and removed his sword belt to sit down behind his large mahogany desk. Placing the phone on it's charging dock, he switched to speaker phone and started filling out paperwork as he waited for Paris's reply.

A L M O S A L M O S

Michael Canon stepped out of his chambers in his traditional work suit, with his traditional weapons strapped and ready. The door shut and locked itself behind him as a messenger jumped up from where he had been sitting on the floor just outside the doors. He took a few steps back from Michael and waited to be addressed. He was holding a silver razor flip phone in his hands and was shaking a bit from his close proximity to Michael.

"What is it Ethan?" Michael smiled down at the quivering young man, who jumped as his name was called. He was shocked that the Chairman knew who he was.

"There's a message for you, Chairman Blake. It's from one of thee council members." Ethan held out the phone. He was immensely glad that he didn't trip over his words this time. Something about Alastor Blake made him want to just get on his knees and beg forgiveness for not being adequate.

"Thank you, Ethan." Michael took the phone and cupped Ethan's hand lightly. "You've done well." Ethan shivered openly as Michael relased him and bowed hurriedly before beating a hasty retreat. Michael loved toying with his subordinates; they fell for his tricks so easily.

Michael flipped open the phone and entered in his pin to check the message as he strode towards his office. The easy smile he had faded somewhat, then brightened dangerously. Oh, just when I despaired at another humdrum marathon of paperwork. Michael called Paris back as he walked into his office. "Mr. Scarborough, I realize that this may be hard to believe, but I am just as much in the dark about these proceedings as you are. Would you be so kind as to keep an eye on things and report your findings? We'll be having a meeting about this later." Michael shut his office door behind him and removed his sword belt to sit down behind his large mahogany desk. Placing the phone on it's charging dock, he switched to speaker phone and started filling out paperwork as he waited for Paris's reply.

Paris Scarborough
At the Pier
sprouhtt sprouhtt LindsMagee LindsMagee Cosmo Cosmo Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

Paris smiled at the man's mannerisms. "Oh dear, it seems I have been sensed. How exciting, it takes quite a bit of spacial awareness to spot me in my natural milieu - that new recruit is one to look out for. Oh, look, how adorable - she is trying to spot me without giving away that she has noticed my presence. I will be sure to keep you informed, Of everything... if he kills me for interrupting, i trust you will at least wave your ire around a little - if only to serve as a eulogy." He laughed under his breath, still keeping an eye on the others. The evening seems to have taken a turn for the potentially scandalous. How riveting!

Harry Cooper
Involving: slim slim Aio Aio
"Well, that couldn't have gone any fucking better" Harry muttered, masking his way down the garden path of the home of a Ms S. Perkins. The meeting, to say the least, could of have gone anything but worse. See told him he was crazy and that if he ever returned again she would call the police. Yet at least she did give him on a piece of information, well it was so obvious how could Harry ever miss it. The council had gotten to her. By threat, by bribe or maybe even by a combination. Harry sighed as he walked along the streets back into the centre of the streets. "Sometimes I hate not be able to drive, or find things out about a mysterious cabal of supernatural creatures," he says as he steps onto the bus. As he sits there, the con man comes up with another plan. "Maybe a time for a drink" Harry mutters as he gets off the bus.

As Harry enters a certain bar, his mind rushes with the details he had on the Rebels. Through his contacts and some of his own investigation, he had learned of a few of there agents and a few more of their activities. Here he hoped to find something a little more concrete. As enters the establishment of getting yourself buggered, he heads to the counter he says "I'll have the Infallium". As he his brought to back, nodding to the barkeep as he does, Harry goes through the wall. A spell in hand to keep the noise for making him deaf is quickly disbursed as he looks around the room. Vampire sat in the postures of importance, while either naively infatuated or horrifying captive humans were by their side. Demon's danced around in maddening free glee of freedom. Know some eyes would already be drawing on him, the warlock sits down. Soon a demon joins him. "Brave of you to be here," the demon says before Harry says "Yeah well let's say options are dwindling, now" before dropping a small crystal on the table "Where are the rebels". Handed his second piece of paper of the day, Harry gets up fast without a goodbye, As he leaves through the door at some speed, Harry thanks his lucky stars that the crystal he gave is not one of demonic power but of glass. The yell he hears as he leaves tells him not to come back for a while. Still reading the address on the paper Harry exits the bar.

Eventually arriving at offices of one Ode Siti Issa, Harry sees two people leave. Deciding to dig into his inner Humphrey Bogart and follow along behind, trying to keep a low profile. As low a profile as a blonde haired trench-coated British bloke can.

Last edited:

Zephyr stayed near the doorway as he listened to Ode. He actually loved training the recruits and such, but it wasn't so enjoyable for the kids. He was used to having drill sergeants yelling at him and such, and he passed on the experience to the teenagers who were usually used to yelling at their parents back at home. That obviously didn't suit Zephyr at all, and he took great pride in shaping kids up.

"I already told you I can take care of the brats. Didn't you know? I just love kids and they're insistent whining."

Zephyr pretended to skim through some papers until Ode announced that she would in fact like some food. She soon had a firm lock on his arm and was hauling him off and he didn't resist.

"I kind of want to check out the new Chinese place down the block," Zephyr said, but soon he was grabbing Ode and hauling her a bit close to him at a faster pace.

"I think someone is following us, so act normal until we can make sure of it." Zephyr whispered quietly before releasing her.
Mentioned: Aio Aio SirGrey SirGrey

700full.jpg
Mentioned: Cosmo Cosmo Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly LindsMagee LindsMagee
Interacting: Nabu

Selene wiped the corner of her lip that was dripping with blood from her meal. She hated when she had to result to conflict, it just didn't seem right to her. Selene walked out of the conference room and two assistants walked in to dispose of the dead body. They had a despicable look on their faces when she had walked past them. Selene paid no attention since she knows they can't do anything to hurt her. She looked down at her outfit that some drips of blood, "I hate it when people can't compromise, now I have to wear something else." She muttered to herself as she went into the elevator and headed down. Selene liked the elevator, it was a nice touch when they were renovating the building years ago, now she won't need to take the stairs. When she reached the first floor her car was brought up by a man in all black. He opened the door for her and she went in, and drove off. She looked at the driver before reaching into a bag that was in the back of the car where she was sitting and she began to undress. Selene caught the driver looking at her from the rear view mirror, she gave him a glare before he quickly looked forward at the road. "You are not slick Marvin, and to the pier please." She simply said when she was done slipping on the black dress that had a cut opening on her right leg (as in the picture above).

Selene looked at the time on her phone and she cursed under her breath,"...3:35pm, great. Now Nabu is going to give me hell." She said before the car came to a stop and she slipped on her stilettos and got out of the car and watched as it backed up from the pier and left. Selene knew she was late but she took her sweet time getting here, when she got there it looked like a party. Nabu, Brekkar, and a few others. She wondered what could possibly be the matter. Nabu always had the craziest of places that he wanted to meet people at whenever he had something wrong or something he needed. Once he made her drive out 50 miles from the city to meet him at some restaurant to discuss 'pressing matters,' or however he likes to say it.

"Well...I did not know we were having a party," she said sarcastically as her heels made a soft thud sound on the wood. "...I should have brought refreshments," she continued before walking around the room and then stopping near Nabu. "What is so important for you to invite us all the way to the Pier for?" Selene said in a slight Romanian accent. Originally her family was from a few parts of Spain but since she was given away at such a young age during birth to a close family friend in Romania, she picked up on the language as well as the accent.

Last edited:
Location: The Forge (Near the Couselor's building and down the street)
Mentioned: No one
Faolin turned the machinery off as he looked at his work. Although he didn't look like he was anything but a normal man he was definitely not. Soft streaks of gray hair edged his black hair which somewhat gave away his age but he still looked handsome enough to attract girls. Flipping the newly made sword Faolin tested the edge and drew back his thumb inspecting the small cut. He healed so quickly small cuts from testing his sword were gone within twenty four hours. Although he was satisfied it lacked abilities. That wouldn't last long. He was one of the few demons who knew how to put demon runes on a sword. However his knowledge was somewhat limited. He would have to visit the council's library for more information this week. He was almost done researching all he could on Demon runes and what they did. Currently he was etching a fire and strength rune onto the blade. Once finished the sword could become a cutting torch by simply using a small incantation. He tried it. "Fryre." Instantly the blade blazed with fire and he stated, "Gia di gasme." The fire stopped and Faolin grinned. Etching the strength rune into the blade he hanged it up on the wall along with the hundreds of bows, arrows, spears, swords, daggers, clamors, maces, guns, grenade's, and other explosive and medieval weapons. He had a special section behind this for council member's orders only. Usually it involved many runes on a blade and required great time and effort on his part. Glancing at his watch he looked at the door and waited. Another ten minutes until he closed shop and as long as the customer wasn't shady he would sell anyone anything on display.

He rested his hands against the counter as he waited. How long had it been since he had tried to get a girl? Over one hundred years he estimated and counting. Granted he had been looking at men two but none appealed to him. He had a peculiar taste and when he found the object of that taste he would stop at nothing to acquire that person. However he had never loved before. It was something true blood demons had a hard time forming with anyone but another demon. Normally it was hard knowing the other person would die before you. He sighed and waited wanting one more customer before he closed shop.

Ode Siti Issa
Interactions: slim slim SirGrey SirGrey

Ode chuckled at Zephry's comment, nodding as they walked. "I know, I know. It's just that I'm the head of this damn thing. I have to make an appearance, instill some....Wha..." Before Ode could finish she felt the harsh pull of Zephry as she found herself being pulled towards him. She attempted to match his pace although one step for him was two for Ode, causing her to stumble a bit when they quickened their pace.

"I didn't know you wanted Chinese this bad. Zephry slow down, it's not as if we don't have time to speak." She attempted to dig her heels in the ground although with Zephry that plan was pretty much pointless. Listening to him as he spoke. "Normal? I doubt walking faster and being shoulder to shoulder doesn't raise any red flags. Relax, they're in our territory. I doubt they'll try anything right now." She knew reasoning with Zephry was out of the question at this point but that didn't mean she couldn't attempt to put him at ease.

A few more blocks a Chinese restaurant came into view. "There it is. Can we go in or are you gonna make us pass it till you figure this out. I'm hungry and not mysterious being has some nerve thinking they can stop me from enjoying my meal." Looking up at hi she stuck her lip out and narrowed her eyes, crossing her arms in the process. Of course she knew not to look back but she could slowly feel her curiousity getting the better of her.

Last edited:
"Yes, it has been getting lively lately, hasn't it?" Nabu agreed, it seemed they were running their aspiring council member ragged, not that she showed it, but from the reports he had seen. Always someone needed to be silenced or taken care of. He wasn't aware of what her pay currently was, but it likely needed to be increased or some kind of incentive given just for morale sake if nothing else. It was a funny circle. The harder they cracked down on the city, the more the dissidents fought, but the more they fought, the harder they cracked down. A viscous, if not amusing, cycle.

"Entirely possible" Nabu said, watching the warehouse without bothering to try and find whomever it was tempest felt was watching them. Unless said warehouse had a series of complex tunnels running beneath it that dwarfed even the cities' sewage system, he wasn't worried about whomever was spying on them ruining their little gathering, and if they did have something like that, then, well, the Council had far more to worry about then people that did not have much in the way of self-preservation.

Nabu kept his gaze on the warehouse as the minutes slowly rolled by, it wasn't something he hadn't expected. The lovely Selene was always fashionably late, although it didn't help that he tended to pick the most inconvenient places to meet. At least.. that is what he thought, but after half an hour, he was starting to wondering if she had gotten lost or had simply changed her mind and decided to not come which would have made this rather difficult.

He heard her heels on the pavement long before she arrived, and Nabu was a bit glad she had decided to come as it would have been rather troublesome otherwise. When she arrived, Nabu, as always, took the time to examine her, one of the more exquisitely beautiful women he had ever had the pleasure to know or see in his very long lifetime, and she had dressed to kill admirers today with her formfitting dress that showed off her curves, the rather attractive... what were those called again? Something with an S... He always imagined they had to be rather painful to wear, but they showed of the leg in a way no other shoe could ever hope to match and with the silt that revealed even more of the shapely leg then a man was prepared for and teased with more promise then a man could handle... He wondered how any of her employees managed to get anything done in her presence. Yes, Selene was a remarkable beautiful woman and that made her incredibly dangerous as, in his opinion, there were very few things more dangerous and lethal then a beautiful woman who was aware of her own beauty.

"I imagine I should say something akin to, 'My lovely Ms. O'Sirius just seeing you is refreshment enough,' but considering what I am, it isn't nearly as charming," Nabu said, unable to resist a slight tease.

"Yes, to pressing matters at hand," Nabu said, he gestured over to the warehouse, "Some dissidents stole a token from me. Likely imagine it contains some kind of secret or great value to the council, it doesn't. It holds no value to anyone besides myself. I require it back, hence the presence of our lovely Ms. Brekker and her considerable talents. My.. associates will guard the perimeter, wouldn't want any rats slipping away in the darkness as she recovers my property, kills most of the interlopers and captures the leader and those that appear to be smarter then their fellows for interrogation.."

He left out why he called Selene here on purpose. Nabu wanted to speak to her in private and needed to do so here and now, he had no doubt she would be able to figure that one out without words and was the main reason he was sending away his assistants. He hardly had the power or intention to force her to go on just a raid, and considering how she was dressed, it would be a grievous slight to the world to disrupt her appearance.

A L M O S A L M O S

"Tempest is there with Nabu? Interesting. I would have thought that she was plenty busy with all the work the council was giving her. Are they there alone?" Michael began reading through, annotating, and signing papers at an inhuman speed.

"If Nabu kills you, I'll be greatly displeased. You need to at least clean up your own messes before you die; I refuse to be responsible for an undetermined number of your orphans, Paris. I will not have cannibalistic monsters running rampant in my streets; the rebels are enough." Michael's voice was without discernible emotion until he mentioned the trouble Paris's death could potentially cause the city, then a hint of zeal manifested. Michael took
his acting very seriously, and not even the other council members knew the measures he would take to ensure the stability of Eloid.

Tempest kept her senses up for the person watching them, but decided that if he or she wanted them killed it would've happened by now. When Selene walked up her presence demanded attention. Tempest was always in awe when Selene came around, she aspired to be like her one day. After all she was one of the most notorious council members, not to mention her astounding beauty. She nodded in Selene's direction and then listened to Nabu. "Do you have any information on their whereabouts Nabu? Or who they are, rebels perhaps? I might be going undercover soon for the council anyways." Tempest added, thinking of who would dare steal from Nabu.

Cosmo Cosmo sprouhtt sprouhtt

700full.jpg
Mentioned: Cosmo Cosmo LindsMagee LindsMagee
Interacting: Nabu & Tempest

Selene felt the cool breeze brush up near her rosy cheeks before dancing slightly through her hair. The atmosphere was at a perfect cool but she felt a hint of suspicion as if she was being watched. Selene's senses were very heightened considering what she is. Selene had felt everyone's eyes staring at her, making her smile in some way. Selene was gifted with such beauty that instead of it consuming her she ignored it, some say she is very modest with her appearance while others say she was cursed to look this good. One eye caught her, though as if it were glued to her. Selene had been working with Nabu for quite some time, and the way he looks at her gives her the impression that he may somewhat like her. But Selene doesn't fill her head with such foolish ideas since she is usually a bit naive on the idea of love. Selene has never been in love with someone, she has liked a few people, but nobody has ever been able to steal her heart or at least love her the way she desired to be loved. "Thank you Nabu, you always seem to find the right words to please my ears," she said to him as she put her hair behind her ear since it kept on brushing up against her cheeks.

"Are you going to keep on staring at me Nabu, or are you going to tell me the reason you have requested my presence?" She spoke out as she looked at him with an eyebrow raised. Today Selene didn't so much have anything to do at the moment since her afternoon was freed up which rarely happens. "...It is hard for me to believe that you only requested me here to accompany you for the evening." Selene said bluntly to him as she slowly walked around him, tracing her fingers along his shoulder before reaching up to his face and placing her hand on his face just to see what he would do. Selene removed her hand slowly as she backed away and turned to Tempest. Strange name for such a beautiful girl, Selene always thought, but even the most of beautiful girls would be jealous of her charisma and her eager to learn. Selene viewed Tempest as the sister she never had and sometimes daughter she never had.

"Sending my darling Tempest to do your dirty work Nabu? How evil of you," she joked around as she gave a slight chuckle at Tempest.

"Experience has its uses," Nabu said, lowering his head slightly to her compliment of his flattering words, although it also comes with insanity and nostalgia, so there is always that little annoyance to deal with when talking about age, but he wouldn't let his mind give out until he was done. He had managed to cling bitterly to what sanity remained for the last few centuries and that would not change tonight... no matter how far Selene seemed determined to test it.

Nabu raised a long eyebrow at her touch, "If that is an offer," he started, looking at her past her warm hand that cupped his face, "I shall remember it. Need to find... someplace nicer for an evening with you, I wonder how I would ever survive long enough in your presence to make it through.." He said, the corner of his lip lifting at his small jest. But he didn't answer her question, first, he turned to Tempest to answer hers.

"I do," Nabu said answering Tempest's question and gestured towards the warehouse, "Their little group is right there. Getting ready to board a freighter with their ill-gotten goods. As for if they are part of our lovely bend of dissidents..?" Nabu gave a non-committal shrug, a motion he learned only a few centuries ago and had fallen in love with it, "I know not. They could just be hired guns that decided to make a little extra, a rouge splinter group of our rats... or part of the rat group seeking external funding, that is why I need some of them alive. You misunderstand, Ms. Brekker, there will be no set-up, we are doing this now. If you need equipment, there is some in the trunk."

He was opposed to the idea of Tempest going undercover, but if the others wanted it, he wouldn't fight it. Nabu had seen far too many people turn after going undercover, far too many and those that didn't fully turn tended to be compromised growing sympathies that got in the way. There was little point in making such a risk with a valuable being like Tempest, far better to send a few more disposable employees with very limited skill sets that they would not miss should they get ideas of their own instead of the ones they desired them to have. But... well, overturning that would take more clout then he felt like expelling. Reputation and favors took time to build and were so easily spent.

"Of course I am, getting blood out of a suit is a nightmare, or so my assistants tell me," Nabu said, turning his attention back to the ravishing second council chair member, "Sadly... it is not to bask in your company for the evening, at least not fully, I need to speak with you. Privately. Once they leave to take care of the rats, I shall explain in more detail. In your vehicle or mine, away from prying eyes and ears."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back