• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Ithos Archipelago - A D&D Sailing Adventure [Chat] [Beginner Friendly]

So, I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off for days now, what with finals encroaching on my free time. But count me in. I'm really interested in trying out the Warlock archetype.

JayTee said:
Those are some solid ability scores, no complaints here. Human variant or default human?
Normal human, as I won't be allowing feats (at least not traditionally - I may give them as rewards)

Uh, I actually just finished writing up a rough draft of my own guy. Here it... is? >.>;

EDIT: Also, that time works for me

Name: Rine

Race: Human Male

Class: Wizard

Hit Points/Dice: 20 (1d6+1+2) / 3

Armor Class: 12 (15 with Mage Armor)

Abilities

Str 9, -1

Dex 15, +2

Con 14, +2

Int 16, +3

Wis 13, +1

Cha 11, +0

Proficiency Bonus: +2

Background: Sage

Personality Trait: I'm convinced people are trying to steal my secrets

Ideal: The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge

Bond: I've been searching my whole life for the answer to a certain question

Flaw: Most people scream and run away when they see a demon, I stop and take notes

Saves: Int, Wis,

Traits

Sage background - Specialty: Wizard's apprentice, Feature: Researcher (Can uncover hidden lore)

Skills

Arcana (Int) History (Int) Investigation (Int), Insight (Wis)

Equipment

Dagger, Components Pouch, Spellbook.

Magic

Spell Save DC: 8 + (Prof 2) + (Int mod 3) = 13

Spell Attack Mod: (prof 2) + (Int mod 3) = 5

Cantrips: Mage Hand, Firebolt, Minor Illusion

1st Level: Detect Magic (C/R), Find Familiar ®, Fog Cloud ©, Grease, Mage Armor, Protection From Evil/Good ©, Silent Image ©, Sleep

2nd Level: Detect Thoughts ©, Gust of Wind ©, Hold Person ©, Mirror Image, Phantasmal Force ©, Suggestion ©

School: Conjuration

Minor Conjuration: Create 1 small, obviously magical object.

# of Prepared Spells: (Int 3) + (Level 3) = 6

Spell slots:

1st: 4

2nd: 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good JayTee, the session is for people who may not know the system, or may want help with their characters/etc... So you wont need to show up if you're done, thought it might be fun to see what other people are playing.

There are just two things I want (game specific) to think on:

6 Things your character does when they have spare time...

a board a ship

while in a port or town

while in the wilds

The other thing is:

Important people and family of your character and where in the world they are located. This might be tricky to do now, as you wont get a good feel for where they would be in the world until I explain a bit about the various islands and towns. Though you can think on who's important to your character. It's rather important because the world the game takes place in is small, and you will encounter the same people and same locations constantly. For example, if your mother lives alone in Arthos Port, you may visit her when you land in the port.

Also, I'm giving you: Gust of Wind and Fog Cloud as bonus spells known from your travels at sea.

edit: you should also have 20 hp - 6+2 + (4+2)*2 or 8 + 12

I'll probably show up, should be fun. =]

Rine's master is a big influence in his life. Kemek the Archmage is Lawful Evil to Rine's Neutral Good. He hoards magical knowledge/power, will only help if he can charge a price that's borderline exploitative, and constantly fretting over his wayward student and will periodically attempt to dissuade Rine from do-goodery and attempt to bring him back in to the mindset of a selfish Wizard.

Basically a dotting grandfather, who is also Saruman.

Man,I really wanted those spells + grease because of how much you could ruin someone's day on a ship. Having all three makes me a happy camper. I'll add them to my list!

@Greg2344 @Inquisitor @JayTee @Kagura @Miz @Musician @Williamferret @The Dark Wizard

Just a reminder that this Saturday (tomorrow) at 2:00pm EST (-5:00 UTC) I will be on TeamSpeak helping make characters. I'll be around for as long as needed to get the characters done and to help explain some of the rules of how the game plays, or to answer questions about the game.

There is 1 last thing I will need of players - a gmail account. (You can PM it to me) I have created an automated DnD 5e character sheet in Google Spreadsheets, with each player being 1 tab. This allows everyone to see each others characters, and we can use some of the features of spreadsheets to make the game easier or more streamlined (such as congealing all initiative rolls together). Plus, there is a tab just for the ship, which all players will probably want to be able to see or edit.

For those would would like to know more about the parts of the world: There are 4 major ports, and here is a write up for each:

• Population: 72,000

The Grand Ithos Port is the capital port city of the entire nation of Ithos. It is home to the national navy and is the sole legal source of ship hulls and masts in all of Ithos. The Grand Ithos Port is where any would be privateers begin, as they require a ship that can only be found at this port.

The Grand Ithos Port is a very large and sprawling port with many docks and building all along the coast. It is not uncommon for those new or unfamiliar with the port to become lost, as the roads and docks are constantly winding and turning. Only important structures are made of stone, such as the court house or bank.

Generally it is not common for merchants to have their own store, and instead they will often rent space in a massive outdoor market place. These stalls will often have overhangs to provide shade for the merchants. The main cause of these outdoor markets is the laws preventing any non-Itholan to own land in Ithos. Due to this law, which is strictly upheld, merchants from the mainland instead rent space in order to trade.

The people of the Grand Ithos Port lean very much towards families of naval backgrounds. Over 40% of people living in the Grand Ithos Port are either in the navy, or directly related to someone in the navy.

The military and police forces are very active in the port, and are constantly looking for any minor or major crimes that occur. They are sticklers for the rules, and will make sure anyone visiting or living there will abide by the laws. Due to this, the crime rate is very skewed. People receiving tickets or otherwise for very minor offences while in the port, however the violent crime is incredible low.

The port is seen as a sort of utopia by some, mostly those who don’t live in the port. The cost of living in the port is much higher than elsewhere, the average pay of those living in the port are also higher. As well, the constant presence of military forces makes it a very safe place to live.

And I come bestowing gifts to you, the players. This is the First Draft of the Ithos booklet. there will be grammar and spelling mistakes, as it has not been edited yet. However, all the information is in there.

Pages 4-12 go over some of the basic history of Ithos, as well as the current state of affairs in Ithos. Pages 13-17 has any new equipment in the world (coral weapons, sharkscale armor, ships). Pages 18-23 have new mechanics that are important to the game. Pages 24-31 have all of the alternative Specializations for the classes, and lastly, pages 32-34 have all of the statistics for hired crew.

Do not be intimidated! It's not as bad as it sounds. The lore and world section (pg. 4-12) is helpful for understanding the place your characters were born and raised, and should be read before making a character. Aside from that, you can jump right to the character Specializations to see what one you want to play. You do not have to read the entire thing, and you can ask questions as well about it.

Pineapple said:
@Greg2344 @Inquisitor @JayTee @Kagura @Miz @Musician @Williamferret @The Dark Wizard
Just a reminder that this Saturday (tomorrow) at 2:00pm EST (-5:00 UTC) I will be on TeamSpeak helping make characters. I'll be around for as long as needed to get the characters done and to help explain some of the rules of how the game plays, or to answer questions about the game.

There is 1 last thing I will need of players - a gmail account. (You can PM it to me) I have created an automated DnD 5e character sheet in Google Spreadsheets, with each player being 1 tab. This allows everyone to see each others characters, and we can use some of the features of spreadsheets to make the game easier or more streamlined (such as congealing all initiative rolls together). Plus, there is a tab just for the ship, which all players will probably want to be able to see or edit.

For those would would like to know more about the parts of the world: There are 4 major ports, and here is a write up for each:

• Population: 72,000

The Grand Ithos Port is the capital port city of the entire nation of Ithos. It is home to the national navy and is the sole legal source of ship hulls and masts in all of Ithos. The Grand Ithos Port is where any would be privateers begin, as they require a ship that can only be found at this port.

The Grand Ithos Port is a very large and sprawling port with many docks and building all along the coast. It is not uncommon for those new or unfamiliar with the port to become lost, as the roads and docks are constantly winding and turning. Only important structures are made of stone, such as the court house or bank.

Generally it is not common for merchants to have their own store, and instead they will often rent space in a massive outdoor market place. These stalls will often have overhangs to provide shade for the merchants. The main cause of these outdoor markets is the laws preventing any non-Itholan to own land in Ithos. Due to this law, which is strictly upheld, merchants from the mainland instead rent space in order to trade.

The people of the Grand Ithos Port lean very much towards families of naval backgrounds. Over 40% of people living in the Grand Ithos Port are either in the navy, or directly related to someone in the navy.

The military and police forces are very active in the port, and are constantly looking for any minor or major crimes that occur. They are sticklers for the rules, and will make sure anyone visiting or living there will abide by the laws. Due to this, the crime rate is very skewed. People receiving tickets or otherwise for very minor offences while in the port, however the violent crime is incredible low.

The port is seen as a sort of utopia by some, mostly those who don’t live in the port. The cost of living in the port is much higher than elsewhere, the average pay of those living in the port are also higher. As well, the constant presence of military forces makes it a very safe place to live.

And I come bestowing gifts to you, the players. This is the First Draft of the Ithos booklet. there will be grammar and spelling mistakes, as it has not been edited yet. However, all the information is in there.

Pages 4-12 go over some of the basic history of Ithos, as well as the current state of affairs in Ithos. Pages 13-17 has any new equipment in the world (coral weapons, sharkscale armor, ships). Pages 18-23 have new mechanics that are important to the game. Pages 24-31 have all of the alternative Specializations for the classes, and lastly, pages 32-34 have all of the statistics for hired crew.

Do not be intimidated! It's not as bad as it sounds. The lore and world section (pg. 4-12) is helpful for understanding the place your characters were born and raised, and should be read before making a character. Aside from that, you can jump right to the character Specializations to see what one you want to play. You do not have to read the entire thing, and you can ask questions as well about it.
I'll be there :)

I might not be able to make it to the first session because I'm having trouble downloading teamspeak. I'll try it again tomorrow and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back