• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Itching to test various Settings out, if anyone is daring.

When it comes to a Roleplay, which do you value more from the plot?

• Tragedy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comedy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
It should come as no surprise that I've already accrued some roleplaying experience beneath my belt. As a seasoned player of Dungeons and Dragons, as well as frequenting certain Wikias and Chatango should tells ye.

That being said, I usually have a load of free time to just mentally barf my imagination onto paper or Word. Below are two settings I'm particularly proud of and would love to test out.

Demesda: A comedy/action oriented setting grounded in nearly every Roleplaying aspect listed except for Fandoms. With the absolute minimal of spoilers.. this is how things would work.

An enigmatic figure known only as "DM", has been abducting people into his realm; a relatively small pocket of an Astral Plane, labeled as "Demesda". Folks all across time and space are being dragged to Demesda purely on DM's whims.. and these abduction victims need a Hero of some sort! Demesda itself is built very much like an Roleplaying Game's world; it has terrain that doesn't quite belong, hostile critters at every corner, and mighty "Bosses" at the end of each terrain, along with a few other RPG tropes. In true Bad Guy fashion, DM's castle lies at the very end of Demesda... where he waits for you, the Hero/Heroine.

Then, there is...

Milinax: A rather bleak and hopeless kingdom, meant for tragic, grimdark scenarios. The kingdom of Milinax has been ravaged by a curse of Undeath, but the situation is so severe that nothing can get in or out of the kingdom without great difficulty. Quite a few people talk of Milinax's hidden treasures that would be worth the looting, but additional people speak of the terrifying monsters that lurk within the cursed kingdom. Those that die are reborn, in a maddening, unending cycle of reincarnation that ends with the loss of one's mind and identity. The mysteries of the curse lie deep within.. but it seems that only someone capable of entering the kingdom (IE: You.) is able to see their goals there through...

Since these ideas are only somewhat new, they're rather open to changes. If anyone has interest in trying these settings out in a Group or One-on-One, don't be afraid to contact me.

Hey! I'd absolutely love to roleplay either idea with you -- though the Milinax story has certainly piqued my interest. I'd prefer to roleplay one-on-one, if you're willing. : )

andujarprime said:
Hello!! Im interested in either one of these. They def. Sound action packed and full of adventure :)
If it has piqued your interest, by all means, let us discuss it.

crowdays said:
Hey! I'd absolutely love to roleplay either idea with you -- though the Milinax story has certainly piqued my interest. I'd prefer to roleplay one-on-one, if you're willing. : )
Absolutely I am willing. Shall I go get a thing set up?

DemetrioMachete said:
If it has piqued your interest, by all means, let us discuss it.

Absolutely I am willing. Shall I go get a thing set up?
Wich do you want to do? Im up for either one. Just get a thread up and the starter and I will see about posting a CS when I can get out of work later today. Also just let me know what races/ abilities are not okay for either one. Will it just be me the adventurer/hero alone versus you the villain? Or will you also have a hero to play as well?

In terms of both settings, typically it is you, the lone hero, versus the entire world I have set up for you.

This includes me as your main opposing force, but also those that would take it upon themselves to assist you.

For Demesda, absolutely everything is legal with it, with the exclusion of copyrighted characters (IE: no fandoms. :( )

And for Milinax... well it's slightly less, but if you take every single fantasy race you can imagine and throw them all into one box, it's a pretty accurate summary. The most common player races I've encountered though...

-Humans

-Elves

-Dwarves

-Halflings/Hobbits

-Some form of Undead (Wraith, Vampire, Zombie, etc.)

-A few anthropomorphs... like uh.. Wolfmen and Lizardmen.

-Otherworlders (Demons, Angels, other Celestials, etc.)

-Golems and Constructs

-Gnomes and other Fey

-Orcs

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm fairly lenient as to what I allow.

DemetrioMachete said:
In terms of both settings, typically it is you, the lone hero, versus the entire world I have set up for you.
This includes me as your main opposing force, but also those that would take it upon themselves to assist you.

For Demesda, absolutely everything is legal with it, with the exclusion of copyrighted characters (IE: no fandoms. :( )

And for Milinax... well it's slightly less, but if you take every single fantasy race you can imagine and throw them all into one box, it's a pretty accurate summary. The most common player races I've encountered though...

-Humans

-Elves

-Dwarves

-Halflings/Hobbits

-Some form of Undead (Wraith, Vampire, Zombie, etc.)

-A few anthropomorphs... like uh.. Wolfmen and Lizardmen.

-Otherworlders (Demons, Angels, other Celestials, etc.)

-Golems and Constructs

-Gnomes and other Fey

-Orcs

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm fairly lenient as to what I allow.
Okay awesome. I guess set a thread and a dummy CS. I will get my character posted after work. Whichever one we do is completely up to you. Im good with either setting :)

Can you send me a writing sample via pm?

I'll send one back if you'd like as well :)

@andujarprime This would also mark my first time ever getting to use Demesda, and thus I am trying to work out a way to begin it...

pls don't hate me if the introduction is not to your liking. ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:
DemetrioMachete said:
@andujarprime This would also mark my first time ever getting to use Demesda, and thus I am trying to work out a way to begin it...
pls don't hate me if the introduction is not to your liking. ;-;
What? Dude dont sweat it. :) We can use the ooc if you need help thinking of stuff lol Im not a very hard critic. As long as I can enjoy the rp its all good

Hey! I'd love to get going, but I'd much prefer to roleplay over PMs. However, I'm afraid I have the same problem as you -- I can't message anyone until 24 hours are up. But once they are, I'll definitely shoot you a message if you're still game. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back