• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Island Radio

lovedentist

“I am still alive.” The man breathed out. His voice was scratchy and shaky, “Please. Please if anyone hears this. I am still alive.”
——————————————

Clearton is a small town located on the edge of an island. Despite this it isn’t a tourist town. It’s more like a town tourists run from. The beach could hardly be considered a beach as there isn’t any sand, just gravel and dirt. Not much happens there. Not much that’s interesting anyway. There’s a festival once a year that celebrates the towns anniversary but even that really isn’t fun. So when working one night at the town’s local radio station everyone's shocked to hear a radio broadcast that they were not transmitting. Despite initially thinking it’s a prank and laughing about it later, it happens again the next night. So they try to get in contact with the person doing it, tell them to stop as it was annoying and slightly creepy. As things turn out, it’s not a prank.

The radio transmission from the mysterious man sends a group of friends on an adventure that they never planned to go on. One that includes running from the government, finding a mysterious island that doesn’t exist, and forgetting everything they thought they knew about their little town. They just have to find the man who cried for help.

Island Radio - OOC
Island Radio - Characters

Last edited:
Serena
Serena tapped her fingers along to the beat of the song. Her eyes were closed and she was facing the window she had opened a few hours ago. It has been beautiful outside the past week, a great start to summer, and she loved the breeze that the ocean created. She still had two more hours of her shift to go and it was dragging. It was almost midnight and while even if she did get off work now she wouldn't be going to sleep, she wished that she was in bed, watching a movie or something. She figured she could probably open up Netflix on her phone and settle in while just playing songs but she felt kind of bad doing that. The woman that ran the whole station was nice and Serena didn't want to take advantage of her. But she did tell Serena, when she first started working there, that if she was ever lonely or uncomfortable being alone in the building she could bring a friend with her to work. They just wouldn't get paid.

She figured that her friends were probably all together anyway, doing who knows what, so she opened up her phone as the next song started and sent a text to their group chat.

Anyone feel like hanging out at the station?

She needed something to make sure the music didnt lull her to sleep. That happened to her once, she woke up to the sound of the phone ringing and an angry voice on the other end.

Jason
Jason hadn't brought his sketch book with him but he found himself wishing he had. There wasn't much conversation going on tonight, which was fine, everyone was comfortable with just being in each others company, but he was kind of bored. He had been writing down ideas in his phone to look at later when he got home. Jason and his friends took up a whole picnic table and a half. They had pushed two together to have more space. Surprisingly, there were still a few kids at the park. The moon made everything so bright it could almost pass for day time, if you squinted. Just as Jason closed his phone down, it lit up with a text from Serena, asking if they wanted to come to the radio station.

Jason watched as all his friends phones lit up with the same message, "She must be dying if she invited all of us there." He joked. She usually only invited one or two people to hang out at a time. He was down to go, the radio station always had a cool vibe to it. The lights were always dimmed and there were candles everywhere. The woman that owned the place was a little bit of a hippy, you could tell by the music she played whenever she was there.

"You guys wanna go? Maybe we can pressure her into playing some good music." He laughed, only slightly joking. He could appreciate her music choices, but he wouldn't exactly choose it.

✿Oak hawkhill✿

45db9c537c268fe489477cfcb4e57302.jpg
Mood: Cranky
With: His "friends"
Mentions: lovedentist lovedentist

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿
Oak smirked as his phone lit up "what? Why the hell does Serena want us to come down to the station at midnight? Of course I don't want to go, I'm perfectly comfortable where I am now." Oak scratched his head, he was trying to avoid saying something that ten group didn't agree with, but he didn't feel like going down to the station at the beach "right? I'm not the only one who doesn't want to go, am I?".
Code by @Starfish

."

Alfred's finger taps onto the picnic table's surface, earphones plugged into his ears and volume high enough to the point where anyone next to him could hear the lyrics. His grey eyes travelled across pages of sheet music that sat on the table, muttering lyrics under his breath. Alfred bobbed his head to the beat as he wrote down little notes on the margins of his book. Irene sat across from him, reading a book decorated with sticky notes, messy writing on the margins and bookmarks. A small reading light illuminate the paper and a pen hung from the front cover.

"Jesus!" The bespectacled male jumped at the notification, the sound assigned to Serena being an old man's laugh over a radio. He ripped out his earphones and massaged his ears, groaning at the suddenness. Alfred's hoodie pocket lit up, his phone vibrating inside. "What the hell..."

Irene lowered her book, watching Alfred with an amused look on her face. She snickered lightly and shook her head, a worried tone in her voice as she said,

"Seriously, Al, I've told you three times to lower the volume."

"Ugh," he replied as he lowered his head with a thud onto the table. "I know I know. Damn, that hurt." Irene rolled her eyes and reached across the table. She snatched Alfred's earphones and shoved them into her cardigan pocket. She sat back down, looking triumphant.

"Sure. I'll go," Irene shrugged, closing her book. "I'm certain Alfred would like to as well. Right?" Alfred nodded wordlessly, still annoyed and trying to recover.

lovedentist lovedentist

Last edited:
a m i s i | w e n c k ;

tumblr_inline_ockducaaGb1qh9jky_500.gif
tumblr_inline_ockdul5Yeb1qh9jky_500.gif
p o s t
Music filled the lonely indoor poor, the vocalizations of Lorde spilling out of the pill shaped speaker. The indoor pool wasn't the largest, but the music still bounced off the walls in a strange, but alluring echo.

Consumed by the pools water swam a short-ish teenager of Egyptian ethnicity, adorning a blue bathing suit and a matching cap and goggles. It appeared that she was swimming as a sport, not just for fun. Due to that, she was able to book the entire pool to herself at this hour (mainly by the school though, she was their first win for swimming in awhile-). Nearly every other day, she would come in here and practice, trying to improve her speed and diving techniques.

The said swimmer broke the surface of water, gracefully spitting out water as she lowered her goggles. Goggles dangling by her neck, they revealed unique grey-green orbs, filled with fatigue and surrounded by red rings from the suction of the goggles. Blinking, a smile slid across her features. She felt tired, but a good tired if that made any sort of sense. She felt like she deserved a break.

Wading over, she checked her phone. Shit, she thought as she took note of the time.
She was supposed to be at the park with her friends 10 minutes ago.

'Shit guys, I'm on my way. Sorry. Got distracted by swimming :closed eyes open smile::deadopenmouth:' She typed hurriedly, almost instantly getting a reply back. But it wasn't in response to her apology.
'Anyone feel like hanging out at the station?'

Amisi ripped off her cap and set it aside. 'Yessss! Just pls wait for me @ everyone at the park ^u^; <3'
'I'll try to be there at the park in like, 5 minutes? <3<3'

As soon as she sent the message, she lifted herself from the water and snatched up her cap, phone and speaker. As soon as she entered the changing room, she began to peel off the suit, and pull on her clothing. Hair dripping and barefooted, she collected her belongings and made a dash to the car.

Jumping in, she threw her stuff in the back and shoved the key in ignition. Too worried about being late, she forgot to pull on her seatbelt. Even worse, she forgot to change the station from country. Nose scrunched, she tried to bear the unappealing, twangy drawl of Sam Hunt. At least the park isn't too far..

-------------

Nearing the small park, she parked crookedly and ran towards her friends, nearly falling once or twice.
"Here-!" She said almost breathlessly, hoping she got there in the time she promised.

"I'm really sorry for being late, but swim is life." She joked, flopping back on the picnic table, getting the closest person wet.
"Anyways, are you guys going?" She asked, Australian accent apparent. The accent hasn't died yet, despite living there for a year.

tumblr_inline_odgw5tz4ex1qh9jky_500.gif
tumblr_inline_odgw64HTiK1qh9jky_500.gif
t a g s
Mood: ContentLocation: Public Indoor Pool > Radio station
Outfit: Click
Playlist:
Tags: any and everyone <3

coded by dwale

Last edited:
Alfred's phone lit up for the second time. He fished out his phone from his hoodie, already fully recovered from the earphone's 'assault', as he mentally dubs it. He swiftly typed in his passcode, an image of his family as his wallpaper covered by various apps. A second notification dropped down from the top of the screen, the name 'Mother' followed with a message. Irene, already recognising her friend's car from where she sat, noticed the seatbelt idle beside Amisi. As the said girl sat, Irene gave her a soft, disapproving frown.

"Seriously Amisi? No seatbelt? You're trying to give me a heart attack, aren't you?" Irene sighed, shaking her head, the frown disappearing. "Well, you're still alive now."

'Don't stay out too late, Crofton. You too, Irene.' Alfred rolled his eyes at the use of his first name. As he started to type a reply, he felt drops of water making impact on the side of his face and his glasses, some on his phone screen.

"We get it, Mousy," he said in an obviously fake quivering voice, pressing the send button and putting his phone away. Acting as if the water on his face were tears, he wiped them away, over exaggerating his movements. "It is impossible for us to reach the god-like status the pool holds."

uwupolice uwupolice

Last edited:

✿Oak hawkhill✿

Mentions: lovedentist lovedentist verdantdreams verdantdreams uwupolice uwupolice

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿
Oak had pulled a granola bar out of his jacket, which he opened, throwing the wrapper on the ground underneath the table. "Where have you been, amisi? You're never late." He took a bite out of his granola bar, trying to hide the regret on his face. "Also... I guess if everyone else is going down to the radio station, I should probably go. It's not like I won't be safe on my own, I just don't have anything to do. So... I guess I'll go?"
Code by @Starfish

."

Joseph Rivera
Joey had been taking up almost the entirety of the second table, one leg up on the seat, head and arms on the table. His eyes were closed and he was breathing steadily; possibly sleeping, possibly meditating, possibly comatose. No matter what he was, at Alfred's exclamation, he wasn't doing it anymore. He lifted his head from the table, looking around in a slight panic at the sudden noise. He half caught the conversations going around the table, picking up the words 'Serena' and 'station'. He got the gist of it, but he pulled out his phone to check anyway. Sure enough, buried under a dozen messages from his brother, there was an invite from Serena to go to the station.

"Hey, Amisi," he mumbled, glancing around to get his bearings. Still in the park, everyone there now. Well, minus Serena, but that would soon be fixed. He stretched out his arms. "So we going to the station?" He asked through a yawn. From what he'd gathered they were, but it wouldn't hurt to be sure.

Kana Tamura
"That seems to be the general agreement," Kana told Joseph, "Though Hawkhill seems less than content with it," she quickly grinned at Oak to show that she didn't mean it in a mean way.

She had been keeping to herself, as it seemed most of them had before the text arrived. She wasn't really one dor talking anyway, not in English. It never quite got across her meaning properly. It was a difficult language, but Kana was getting used to it. Her mother was better at it and gave her some lessons. Despite that, she was content just listening for now. She leaned back, waiting for the decision to go.

Jason
Jason stood up and stretched, his bones cracking, "Yeah well, he's never too excited for anything is he?" He joked, referring to Kana's comment about Oak. He leaned down to tie his shoe and then turned to his friends. "You guys wanna walk or pile into a car?"

The park was close to the station so they could walk with no problem but he didnt know if Amisi would want to leave her car here. Not that anything would happen to it, there hasn't been a robbery in Clearton in years. The police station has all but shut down. Only the sheriff and a deputy work there now, with one officer on call, but there was no money to be made in crime here.

Serena
Serena had the urge to talk into the microphone in front of her. She didn't know what she would say, maybe introduce the next song? There probably wasn't that many people listening anyway.

The door is unlocked so u guys can just come in

She texted, letting her friends know. It would be easier that way, she wouldn't have to get up. She rolled the chair that she was sitting in over to a cluster of cabinets on the back wall and pulled out a bag of pretzels. The station always kept a bunch of snacks around, which Serena appreciated.

Irene frowned, concerned with the amount of people that will have to fit inside the car, some without seat belts. Sure, she was aware it was late at night, the traffic levels low and obvioisly Amisi would do her best to not get them killed. But still, better to be safe than sorry. Then again, there's the issue with the car being left behind.

"I dunno, Jason. Spending time in Asia didn't exactly help," she replied, sounding unsure, grimacing as a memory popped into her head. Her family had to take a taxi at some point. Air conditioning and shade from the hot sun, cheesy foreign music and no seat belts. The driver being in a bad mood resulted in her clutching onto her twin crying as the man sped down the road. She shuddered at the memory. "I don't want to leave Amisi's car but..."

"I don't remembering having the law giving birth to us, Irene. Besides, the cops are probably snacking on a donut right about now."

"True. I guess I'll let this slide," Irene sighed, cheekily adding in a deadpan voice, "Jason, I have my full will at home in case I die tonight."

"It better have 'Alfred can have my diaries'. They're, like, proof that you actually liked reading Twilight. Someone should raid Irene's room with me." Alfred grabbed at his backpack that sat at his feet and pulled it up, the crackling of plastic bags sounding from inside. Patches and pins decorated his bag, majority of them music related or concert merch. Irene grabbed her phone, reading over Serena's message. "Anyone desiring a bag or wrapper loaded with preservatives and sugar?"

"Until that happens, I will continue to find your claims false," Irene chuckled as Alfred reached inside his bag for a snack. She typed in:

'Do you plan on inviting a serial killer too?'

After checking for spelling mistakes, she pressed send. "Did you at least bring caramel popcorn? I'll gladly sacrifice my health for that."

Last edited:
Jason
Jason stood up and stretched, his bones cracking, "Yeah well, he's never too excited for anything is he?" He joked, referring to Kana's comment about Oak. He leaned down to tie his shoe and then turned to his friends. "You guys wanna walk or pile into a car?"

The park was close to the station so they could walk with no problem but he didnt know if Amisi would want to leave her car here. Not that anything would happen to it, there hasn't been a robbery in Clearton in years. The police station has all but shut down. Only the sheriff and a deputy work there now, with one officer on call, but there was no money to be made in crime here.

Serena
Serena had the urge to talk into the microphone in front of her. She didn't know what she would say, maybe introduce the next song? There probably wasn't that many people listening anyway.

The door is unlocked so u guys can just come in

She texted, letting her friends know. It would be easier that way, she wouldn't have to get up. She rolled the chair that she was sitting in over to a cluster of cabinets on the back wall and pulled out a bag of pretzels. The station always kept a bunch of snacks around, which Serena appreciated.

✿Oak hawkhill✿

Mentions: lovedentist lovedentist verdantdreams verdantdreams uwupolice uwupolice

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿
oak smirked, and trying to hold in a laugh said "so what you're asking me is do I want to walk half a mile down to the beach, or do I want to sit in a car full of sweaty teenagers? I'm going to walk. And I suggest anyone who wants to keep their butts tonight should walk with me if they're not going to ride". Oak laughed nervously, hoping nobody would frown upon him for his crude sense of humor. "Oh, and also if anyone's hungry I've got granola bars, but I'm going to head out now. Who's coming with me?"
Code by @Starfish

."

a m i s i | w e n c k ;

p o s t
Almost instantly she spotted Irene's frown. Imagining her friends nagging, she rolled her eyes playfully. Irene was pretty much their mom friend, fretting over them constantly, especially Amisi. And like she had predicted, she began to scold her about her lack of seatbelt.
"Oh chill mum." She chuckled, ruffling Irenes hair. "I just wanted to see you goobers." Amisi smiled, sitting on the picnic table.

To her left, she heard Alfred's quivering tone, acting as if he were crying. Snorting, she turned to meet him.
'Mousy'

A half-smile sneaked across her face at the sound of her very contradictory nickname. It was obvious she was the opposite of a mouse, but with almost any nickname, there's a story.

When she first moved her, some students couldn't pronounce her name. One guy in particular called her 'Amousey'. Her future to be friends found it hilarious and stuck the nickname to her ever since.

Climbing out of her memories, she responded to Alfred. "Well Crofton, the pool welcomes all, silly bloke. Not my fault you refuse to ever swim with me." She crossed her arms over her chest, sticking her tongue out at him.

As soon as she finished messing with Alfred, Oaks voice broke through, asking of her whereabouts. "At the pool, duh." She teased, watching as he took a bite out of a granola bar.. Which led her gaze to the wrapper beneath her. "Hey! You bludger! This town may be lame, but try to keep the Earth happy, eh?" Amisi arched an eyebrow at him before crawling underneath her friends and the table to snatch the waste. She wasn't upset with Oak, but was very protective of the earth. She was the closest to a hippie in their group of friends. Minus the drugs and lack of showering of course-

She threw the wrapper in a nearby, dingy trashcan, plopping back down. "Why hello sleepy head." She nodded back at Joseph, ruffling his hair. Amisi found it surprising that he of all people would befriend them. He's popular after all and the preps didn't seem to like them as much. Nonetheless, he fit with the mixed group like a puzzle.

"And my car? I don't mind leaving it here. I don't mind walking either. But I'm willing to drive some of you lot up there." She nodded, making sure she was loud enough for the whole group to hear.

tumblr_inline_odgw3n4WN01qh9jky_500.gif
tumblr_inline_odgw3z1ISb1qh9jky_500.gif
t a g s
Mood: <3Location: Park
Playlist:
Tags: everyone

coded by dwale

Serena
Serena laughed at Irene's worried text before sending one back.

Hey, if he's more fun than you people<3

She closed her phone and set it down and changed the playlist of songs that were playing. Near the end of her shift, Serena sometimes put on an oldies playlist she had created years ago and has been adding to ever since. She didn't always play it and in fact hadn't played it in a couple of months. She had to be in the mood for it and now seemed like the perfect time. She lined up a commercial break after the first song in the list and turned the volume down so she wouldn't have to hear it. If there's one thing Serena absolutely hated in this world, it was commercials.

Jason
Jason nodded, "We can probably just walk. Then walk you back to your car?" He said to Amisi before following after Oak. "It's pretty nice out anyway, good night for a walk."

He checked his phone as another text came through, he shook his head as he saw Irene and Serena's conversation.

"This town would be a field day for a serial killer," he said, a smile forming, "Barely anyone locks their doors."

Irene's frown was temporarily replaced with confusion, brows furrowed and mouth hung open as Amisi ruffled her hair. What did she say? As much as she loves her friend, the words she throws at her just send Irene into a state of contemplation.

"Goobers..?" Irene mumbled, deep in thought as she neatened her hair. Normally, she'd have in tied back but a certain someone had to drop her hair ties on the wet bathroom floor. "Wait, what's 'goobers'?"

At the mention of his first name, Alfred gasped, abandoning his offering of goodies momentarily.

"No no no that makes me sound like a grandpa! Having it already decreases my chance of getting ladies," he whined, joking at the last part. In truth, according to his friends, he's married to music. He's either practicing and writing songs (which sound more like horrible poetry), or hanging out with his friends and family. Alfred slid out of the seat. To snap his sister out of her puzzled daze, he poked her head. "Maybe if I stopped sinking, I'd swim with you more. I'd like to lower my mouth-to-mouth encounters."

Irene followed suit, partially thankful that everyone's walking. She tucked her thick novel away into her bag, a couple more notebooks and her wallet snug inside. Noticing her phone having a notification, she picked it up, giggling to herself at the obviously playful reply. She sent back:

'If you consider having your mortal self leaving this world early fun, I don't think I can talk to you anymore.'

It was clear it was meant to be sarcastic. Irene would be a sobbing, snot-covered mess if any of her friendships went downhill. Rewatching Under the Tuscan Sun while binging solely on caramel popcorn for three days?

"Sometimes I wonder why I even live here," Irene joked, referring to the town's lack of safety or paranoia. Shaking her head with a smile, she placed her phone in her bag. "You people worry me."

Last edited:
Joseph Rivera
"I wouldn't mind walking. Clear my head" Joey agreed, swatting Amisi's hand away playfully. "Throw me some preservatives!" He called to Alfred, realising that the feeling in his stomach was hunger and not just 'post-sleep whatever's. "No offence, but granola bars taste like gravel to me." He said to Oak. They also made his mouth weirdly dry, and Joey didn't have any water on him.

He picked up his phone and checked the new messages after a little confusion from Jason's comment. He laughed a little to himself at them, but it was cut short by another message from his brother popping down over the top of the screen. 'you'd better be home by midnight or I swear to god' the text told him, but Joey wasn't really very worried. He wouldn't be back by midnight most likely, but he could just sneak in and pretend he was. It was simple enough to do.

Kana Tamura
play one ok rock??

After sending the text, Kana shoved her phone back in her pocket. She doubted that Serena would actually play anything like that, even if she hadn't decided what would play for the next three days. She had a suspicion that that was how radio worked. Chose a playlist for the next three days and throw in some currently popular songs to make people thing it's up to date. She really didn't know though, she'd never worked with any kind of radio in her life. Some of the ids she spent time with when she first came to Clearton had played with handheld ones when they were little, but it had never been a thing for her.

"If we walk, I will take pictures of you all." She reminded them, tapping her pocket. She'd also take pictures if they went in a car though. It was partially to do with sending something back to her Japanese friends, partially to do with proving to her mother that she did have friends here, and partially just because she liked it. With the moon out like it was, it was great lighting for photos.

a m i s i | w e n c k ;

p o s t
Amisi nodded at Jason, beaming. "Good idea Jason Wason." She agreed, reaching up to pat his head even though she was one of the shortest people out of her friends.

Why did she feel the need to have physical contact with her friends? No clue, but it was obvious she was affectionate with her friends and her friends only. One could only imagine how annoyingly affectionate she would be with her future boyfriend.

That thought aside, she snatched her keys so she could lock her car. Yeah, the towns worse crime may be a kid pick-pocketing a candy bar, but you never know.
Shoving the keys back into her pocket, she turned her attention to the confused Irene. "Have you never seen Spongebob? You poor lass. You must've had a terrible childhood." She joked, shaking her head. "A goober is just a silly, dorky person is all." She explained, offering Irene a semi-wet hairtie from her wrist. She knew Irene almost always had her hair up, and she looked like she needed one.

"And Alfy, you're pretty much a grandpa already. And who knows? Some girls dig older men." Amisi winked at the darked haired boy, leaning against the picnic table.
"Lower your mouth-to-mouth encounters? I have never heard anyone complain about that." She snorted. "You're such a geek."

Laying back on the picnic table now, she was facing Joseph and Kana. "I think I have some fruit snacks in my car Joseph. But I'm too lazy to get them myself." She said, fishing out her keys for him.
Setting the keys by Joseph, she began to pose on the picnic table. "Oh no-" Different pose. "It would be a shame-" Different pose. "If you took pictures-" Pose. "Of me." She ended dramatically, holding back giggles.
Being with her friends overall made her giddy.

tumblr_inline_odgw3n4WN01qh9jky_500.gif
tumblr_inline_odgw3z1ISb1qh9jky_500.gif
t a g s
Mood: unboredLocation: Park
Playlist:
Tags: everyone

coded by dwale

"Aaaand preservatives you shall get! Take that, Professor!" He gave Oak a triumphant grin after Joey picking his 'preservatives' over granola bars. Irene visibly cringed in the background at Alfred's Pokemon reference and line delivery. Alfred dug into his backpack and tossed Joey his favourite snack (which had preservatives of course). "H-Hey! I'm not that much of a grandpa, am I?" Red bloomed across the poor teen's face at Amisi's comment. As much as he wanted to seem like a cool guy, he can't help liking the old and obscure things, which made it hard for him to get along with most people. "Not when it's with creepy old ladies or dudes."

Irene nodded her head in understanding, saying a quick and grateful 'thank you' before taking the hair tie. Though it's semi-wet, it's better than nothing. "Oh. I thought it was more of your Australian slang but I don't remember seeing it in the slang book." Instead of the cartoons most kids would watch, Irene would find interest in documentaries, sitcoms or soap operas (even if she didn't understand them that much as a child).

The twins followed after Oak, their footsteps nearly matching.

Jason
"
I don't think liking old things makes you an old man." Jason reassured Alfred. "I think it just makes you a hipster. Which, ya know, is worse." He said, letting out a laugh. Jason was always making remarks like this, and not exclusively to his friends. Which could sometimes get him in trouble. He just didnt have much of a filter, didn't particularly want one either. He was content with being that person.

As they approached the station you could just barely see inside. All the lights except one were shut off, and the one that was on was just a little desk lamp. There was a sliver of light peeking out from beneath the door that Serena was in. As he reached the door Jason held it open for all his friends to walk through.

Serena
It took her friends about 15 minutes to get there and the door was open just like she said it would be. She stood up to open the door to the room she was in and smiled at her friends.

"Hey everyone." She said, leaning against the door, "Where you guys, you got here fast." Not that it takes that long to get anywhere in town, you can pretty much walk all of it, but she figured they must've been close by.

Joseph Rivera
"Don't worry, Alf, I still like you," Joey assured him, tearing open the packet he'd been thrown and tipping half of it into his mouth in one go. Kana made a badly hidden sound of disgust. Joey made to follow the others, playfully elbowing Alfred as he passed and flashing him a grin. With a quick laugh to himself, he left Alfred to walk with Irene and fell into step with the group.

While walking, he let his mind wander. The first thing that came to mind was his homework. He should probably do it soon. From the questions he could remember, he knew most of the answers. Still, he couldn't be sure, and he should probably try to keep his grades above water. He gave Jason a winning smile as a thanks for holding the door.

"Just the park," he told Serena. "But to be fair, you could walk from one side of this island to the other in an hour." It was a little bit of an exaggeration, but it got his point across.

Kana Tamura
Kana quickly fished he phone out of her pocket and snapped a quick picture of Amisi posing. She grinned at her, then lowered the phone. She followed the rest of them up. Despite having moved here a little over a year ago, she didn't know her way around well. She'd been more focused on the culture shock of the move.

"Cheese!" She told Jason, taking a picture as she walked past.

Serena
"Just the park." Joey said, answering Serena.

She nodded at his response, "That's fun. Thanks for coming guys, I was going out of my mind. For reason the boredom is eating me alive tonight." She explained, sitting back into her chair. "You can bring chairs in here, or sit on the floor." She said.

Most of her friends pulled chairs in but a few chose to sit on the floor. They all just sat and talked, mostly about how fun this summer was gonna be, and about how Cecilia, a girl who graduated a few years ago, was opening up a new restaurant.

"I think it's supposed to be a bed and breakfast thing." Serena said, "I know we're gonna have commercials for it on the radio. Not that many people listen."

Jason
Jason flashed Kana a quick smile as they walked into the station. It was a bit humid in there but not too bad. Jason chose to sit on the floor. He leaned back against the cold wall and closed his eyes for a minute. He wasn't tired, just....tired. He didn't contribute much to the conversation going on around him, just listened to the music and chilled.

As Serena played the last song of her shift he stood up to stretch, his bones cracked as he twisted and turned. Serena was cleaning up, closing the one window in the room, when a loud sound came from the speakers, as if someone had held two microphones too close together. Jason flinched as the sound faded and static filled the room. Jason looked over at Serena who looked as confused as Jason.

As she moved to try and fix it a voice came through, "H-hello? Is anyone there?"

uwupolice uwupolice SecretRock SecretRock verdantdreams verdantdreams Sunstone Sunstone

Joey Rivera
lovedentist lovedentist verdantdreams verdantdreams uwupolice uwupolice Sunstone Sunstone
Though he was about to make a joke, Joey slapped a hand over his ear as the static started. He looked at the computer as if it had just insulted him. He didn't have much experience with computers, true, but he knew that sound meant bad things. It was like the audio version of a frozen screen. He forgot about it almost as soon as it started, leaving Serena to fix it since she knew how to work the radio. He tried his joke again, this time interrupted by another voice. He froze as he listened. The voice asked for them, or anyone but they were probably the only ones listening, and he glanced around at his friends as if to make sure he wasn't imagining it.

"We should answer, right?" He asked. "Can we answer? Does your microphone do private lines?" He directed the last bit at Serena, a small laugh edging its way into his voice like it always did when he was nervous and didn't want to show it. A similar small grin lingered on his lips as the question trailed off but his eyes were slightly concerned, hiding under amusement. His phone quietly buzzed in his pocket but he ignored it.

Kana Tamura
lovedentist lovedentist uwupolice uwupolice Sunstone Sunstone verdantdreams verdantdreams
"-lo? Is anyone there?" Were the first words caught on video. It took Kana longer than she would have liked to respond to the message, but she seemed to have most of it so far. Right now she didn't have one, but she knew she could come up with an explanation later. Recording to show to the authorities? That sounded plausible. In her experience, people didn't start asking if anyone was there unless they didn't want anyone to be there or they had an important message. The latter would probably warrant involvement from someone not in the room at the time. She panned around the room to focus on who was speaking.

She wasn't as worried as Joey, but she was intrigued. She'd watched some American films before moving here and she could have sworn that one started exactly like this. Of course, things were never as exciting in real life, but it was something other than learning English words like mitochondria and juxtaposition. She still had no idea what those two meant.

Oak hawkhkill (too lazy to use bbcode):

Oak had remained silent on the floor for some time, just watching the conversation. Of course he was normally like this, being his grumpy self. When the voice came through, oak chuckled and slapped the nearest person to him, being Joey, ( SecretRock SecretRock ) on the shoulder, and said "Come on, it's obviously a prank. Someone's just trying to fuck with kids like us. Just calm down".

Alfred waltzed inside, taking in his surroundings, Irene following. He'd never been in a radio station, or knew how it functioned (even though he uses it more than television). His sister gave Serena a smile and nodded, grabbing a chair to sit on. Alfred made himself comfortable on the floor and yawned.

"I can clearly see your entrails sprawled across the floor," Irene chuckled dryly, folding a leg over the other in habit and clasping her hands together. "But you're welcome. We'll be here to cure your boredom... In any way that doesn't involve one of us running down the road naked, of course."

"What do you think it'll be like? Motivational music while someone narrates the morning of the bed and breakfast client?" Alfred absent-mindedly asked, drawing patterns on the floor. "Picture this, the client stretches, their oh-so cramped popping back into a state of content. They strut into the restaurant, welcomed with the mouth-watering aromas..." He yawned again, and held up a hand to sign his non-existent audience to wait. "Wait, Gatorade break."

"You didn't want to bring Gatorade, remember?" Irene commented. "The store ran out of that orange one."

"Oh, yeah..." The male coughed, about to continue his rambling until the sound reached his ears. Alfred covered his ears and Irene nearly fell off her chair in surprise. As soon as the voice filled the room, the two stiffened. Alfred snapped into a rigid posture, eyes wide and focused on the speakers. Irene mirrored his expression, but looked more bewildered than surprised.

"Uh, Serena? You're not trying to scare us, right?"

Serena
Serena sat down in front of the controls, unsure of what to do. "No, I don't think we can answer." At least, she didn't know of a way to. She had set up the playlist that plays throughout the night when no one was here so another song filled the room. Serena quickly turned down the volume.

"And no," she said, spinning in her chair to face everyone, "I'm not trying to scare you guys. I didn't even know we could receive transmissions." She said the last part mostly to herself and spun back around.

"Hello?" The voice said again. "Please, I need help." The man sounded distressed, scared.

"Oak's probably right, someone's just trying to scare us or something."

Jason
Jason had a weird feeling. Sure, he could be over reacting, but it didn't feel right. Whoever the man on the other side of the radio was, it sounded like he needed help. But if Serena didn't know how to answer him, there was no way that we could know whether it was a prank or not.

“I am still alive.” The man breathed out. His voice was scratchy and shaky, “Please. Please if anyone hears this. I am still alive.” It was almost as if the man knew they were all sitting there listening.

Jason stayed completely still after that. Everyone did. Jason waited for another message, or a name, or where this person was so they could go help them. But when none of that came, and the room was filled with silence, Jason sighed.

"Why didn't he tell us who he was or where he was?" He asked, voicing his thoughts.

Last edited:
Joey Rivera
lovedentist lovedentist uwupolice uwupolice verdantdreams verdantdreams Sunstone Sunstone
"He got cut off?" Joey suggested. "If he had clear signal, he would have sent a message before. Or it might be a joke." He said, with a small nod in Oak's direction. Joey could hear the recording Kana had taken playing back again, their voices and the man's sounding tinny from the phone's speakers. He paused to listen to it. The recording didn't seem to reveal anything new, anything they'd missed. Joey was intrigued by the whole situation, but he felt out of his depth. It could just be a prank, or it could be a missing persons case, or an attempted murder. None of those seemed like things that he'd enjoy getting involved in.

"Either way, we should tell the sheriff, right? That's what the police are for." He said, leaning back.

Kana Tamura
lovedentist lovedentist uwupolice uwupolice verdantdreams verdantdreams Sunstone Sunstone
"No!" Kana protested, her eyes lighting up with excitement. "This is our chance to solve a mystery! It would be fun!" She looked around the rest of them for support for her idea. "The man needs help, and police are slow." She tried to reason. If this wasn't a prank, which she was well aware it could be, then the man on the radio could be in real danger. He insisted that he was alive. Who would do that without good reason to? And with such a small police force, it could take forever for them to analyse and track down the man.

And if it was a prankster, they could get revenge without the person every expecting them. A police investigation would ruin that opportunity, asking questions and eventually confronting the person probably. They wouldn't even find out who had done it until it was reported in the news or the gossip about it reached them, whichever was fastest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back