• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Island Radio

a m i s i | w e n c k ;

tumblr_inline_ockducaaGb1qh9jky_500.gif
tumblr_inline_ockdul5Yeb1qh9jky_500.gif
p o s t
Amisi settled in with her ragtag group of friends, declaring that the party had arrived (aka, her, in her opinion). Enjoying the music that poured out the speakers, she casually chatted and joked amongst the few people she genuinely liked on the island. Amidst messing around with Oak - which probably annoyed him - a horrendous screech and crackle filled the room. Amisi cringed and recoiled slightly, hands flying to her ears and nose scrunching. "God- That's fucking awful.. Turn that shit off-" Her displeased comment was cut off by a shaky voice that caused her hairs to stand on end. Amisi silenced herself and slowly removed her hands, staring at the speaker with wide eyes. "Woah guys.."

It was obvious she believed this person was genuinely in trouble, shifting her gaze around the room with awe. Oak dismissed it, along with the others trying to convince themselves it was a prank.

"What, are you guys scared?" She challenged cockily, crossing her arms with a smirk. "Anyways, I agree with Kana! Adventure! And- who knows, maybe we will end up helping someone in need!" Her eyes were alight with mischief and curiosity, smirk shifting to a smile. "I mean, come on! When was the last time something this intriguing happened on this damn boring island!" The Australian exclaimed, jutting out her arm. "Like, look! I have goosebumps! I don't believe this to be some dumb prank!"

tumblr_inline_odgw3n4WN01qh9jky_500.gif
tumblr_inline_odgw3z1ISb1qh9jky_500.gif
t a g s
Mood: Woah Location: Radio Station
Outfit: Click
Playlist:
Tags: everyone

coded by dwale

Serena
Serena sighed and shrugged, "Well I could try and figure out how to communicate back or something." She suggested, warming up to the idea of an adventure. Who knew if it was even real, but it could be fun. "He'd have to talk to us again first. I don't know what channel he was on or anything."

She kind of hoped it was all fake. She didn't want to think of someone out there suffering so badly that their only means of communication is a radio that they're not even sure anyone is listening too. "We could stick around for a little bit longer, see if he gets through again." Serena said, looking at everyone to gauge their reactions.

Jason
Jason laughed and shook his head, "You're all reading too much into this. It's just some bored kids who are too scared to break into their parents liquor cabinets. We'd just be wasting our time."

If the guy talked again and Serena figured out how to talk back he would be more willing to believe, maybe, that there a was a real guy who needed help. And if someone did end up needing help, it wasn't their place to help them.

Kana Tamura
lovedentist lovedentist uwupolice uwupolice verdantdreams verdantdreams
Kana leaned back against the wall, gesturing to Amisi as if they should all just listen to her. She was suggesting the same thing as Kana so she supported her. She didn't understand how the others weren't even a little bit curious. Sure, it might just be a trick, but would they really give up on the opportunity because it might just be some other kids? It would be fun, regardless of how it turned out. Besides, it wasn't like they were really following any rules now, staying out after midnight in a slightly threatening group, in a building that only one of them was really supposed to be in.

"Does anyone have a map?" She asked, looking around and ignoring the insistences that they shouldn't get involved. Well, not entirely. She technically wasn't 'getting involved' by looking over a map for places that someone might get stuck in. And as far as they could guess, she might have just forgotten her way home again. As if they would think it was that though.

Joseph Rivera
Same people
"Wouldn't it be homicide by inaction if we didn't report it and there was a guy in danger?" Joey asked, not directing the question at anyone in particular. It was something he remembered from those crime shows his father used to watch, the ones with drama and puns. They were fun to watch. "I mean, yeah they might say we're wasting their time, but honestly don't the police here only have time to waste?" He joked.

Serena
Serena smiled at Joey's comment about the police, "We should tell them." She agreed, "But chances are they'll just think it's a joke so we can also look into it on our own." She suggested. Serena stood up and moved to the opposite end of the room, opened one of the draws and started digging through it. "Here you go Kana. Not sure how old it is but the town pretty much looks the same I would imagine." She said, handing the girl a folded up map.

In another drawer Serena pulled out a manual on how to work every control. She flipped through it quickly, having flashbacks of when she first started working at the station and was made to read this cover to cover.

Jason
"What do you need a map for?" Jason asked Kana, coming to look over her shoulder. It was definitely an older map, some of the street names were different, but he imagined that the town always had the same layout.

uwupolice uwupolice verdantdreams verdantdreams SecretRock SecretRock Sunstone Sunstone

Last edited:
Kana Tamura
lovedentist lovedentist uwupolice uwupolice verdantdreams verdantdreams Sunstone Sunstone
"We could see where he might be, where someone could get trapped." She suggested, unfolding the map and laying it out on the floor. The town was spread out before her. She recognised that some of the streets didn't exist anymore but others she wasn't so sure about. Still, it wasn't so much the town that she was interested in as much as its surroundings. Mountains where cabins could be or oil rigs abandoned off shore. Places that it would be hard to leave without outside help. She looked over the map, scanning it for any buildings or sites marked on it, but she realised that things like that might not actually be marked on a map.

"Do you know about any radio towers?" She asked.

Joseph Rivera

Same People
Leaving Jason and Kana with the map, Joey walked over to the radio, peering down at it as if that would somehow reveal its secrets to him. It just looked like a confusing mess of knobs and dials to him, no secrets revealed despite his intense peering.

"How do you work this thing?" He asked Serena. It looked so complicated.

Jason
"Not off the top of my head." He said still kind of confused. He looked around the room, "Any one else?"

Jason was quiet for a second before speaking again, "I don't think the map would help us." He said, voicing his thoughts. "If this person was trapped anywhere we could see and know about and where people go to, he wouldn't be trying to get in contact with someone."

He was back go square one: thinking it was just a prank.

Serena
"It's not that hard once you get the hang of it. Most of the controls I don't really use." She confessed. Serena pointed to the lap top in front of her, "This is how I play the songs. I make different playlists a lot and most people in town don't listen this late so I'm free to play whatever I want." She then pointed to a bunch of controls next to the lap top, "These control the sound inside the studio and then when I want to play a commercial I just use those controls."

She explained it as simply as possible knowing first hand how boring it could get during long explanations. But talking about the radio station at all put a light in Serena's eyes. She once wrote a five page paper about the radio station, which her teacher didnt particularly appreciate because again, it could get quite boring once you get into the technical stuff.

"And this," she said moving to the left side of the table, "According to the manual should be how we talk back to whoever is trying to speak to us."

SecretRock SecretRock uwupolice uwupolice

Last edited:
a m i s i | w e n c k ;

p o s t
Amisi merely sat back and let them talk, brewing it over. She was at least grateful that Kana agreed and that Serena was willing to give it a try. Sighing, she leaned against the wall with her arms crossed over her chest, her green-gray gaze over the group. Oak, Alfie and Irene hadn't said anything in awhile, either shocked or just letting it all unfurl (or if you're Oak, don't care).

When they pulled a map out, that's when Amisi rejoined the huddle of two. She always had an interest in maps, one of her highest grades in Geography. "That's a good idea Kana, but Jason does sort of have a point.." She hummed, chewing on her lip as she leaned over the map. "Are you sure this map covers all of the island?" She queried, arching an eyebrow at Jason. "Because there's a lot of forest out there.. there could possibly be an abandoned radio tower or station in that foilage."

(( I apologize for the shortness ^ ~ ^

t a g s
Mood: ADVENTURE Location: Radio Station
Playlist:

coded by dwale

Kana Tamura
"I do remember seeing some towers in the forests on the plane ride over. They might be power lines or radio towers. I'm not sure." She said, leaning back so all three of them could see the map properly. She could see where they were, but given what she knew about radio waves, it didn't provide much information about where the signal might have come from. She tapped her chin with her finger, looking over the map again despite what the two said. It wouldn't be any use, but the general layout of the island should be the same. Same shores, same towns. Everything else should be extra.

"We'll probably need to ask around then." She concluded. "Maybe old, uh... papers, will help." She suggested.

Joseph Rivera
Joey gestured to the machine in a 'you first' sort of way, a complacent semi-smile on his face. She had the manual, she was the one who was supposed to be here. It really just made sense that she should be the one to talk to him if thy go through, and he had no idea how to work the thing. He held one finger up to make a point.

"Immediately ask where he is. If you get through, I mean." He told her. It would just be typical of a scenario like this for them to waste time on something like panicked talking and have the connection break for some reason as they were just about to hear the information they needed.

Serena
Serena quickly set up the playlist that was supposed to be playing when no one was here. Sure the excitement in the studio was distracting but she still had to do her job. A few minutes passed by and she listened in on Kana, Jason, and Amisi's conversation. Just when Serena was about to suggest that they move on with their lives the loud static came through the speakers again. This time Serena didn't flinch and instead she moved quickly, She switched the mic so if she talked into it, the man on the other end would hear.

"Please." The man said, almost more Desperate this time than last. As if he knew Serena and her friends were listening.

Jason
Jason could tell Serena didn't know what to say. He leaned back against the counter and folded his arms, waiting for her to say something.

"Sir?" She asked, almost gently, "Where are you?"

"Oh thank god." The man said, a sob following his words. "I-I'm on an island."

Jason snorted, shaking his head. "Yeah we all are buddy." He said, a smirk on his face, even though he knew the man on the other end couldnt hear him. He gave Kana and Amisi a pointed look, as if to say 'I told you so.'

SecretRock SecretRock uwupolice uwupolice (also feel free to make the man say whatever you want!)

Joseph Rivera
Joey felt a prickling on the back of his neck as the man contacted them again. He glanced over at the rest of them, seeing Kana stick her tongue out at Jason. Jason was right that he wasn't being particularly helpful with his location, but Joey knew what anguish sounded like and the man sounded pretty close to what he knew. Maybe the prankster was just a good actor, but it still rubbed Joey the wrong way.

"Cas-Cascata Island, I mean," The man continued. The name of the island they were on didn't do much to prove it was really a man in trouble, but at least it meant that they could help if they needed to. He lightly tapped Serena's shoulder to get her attention.

"Ask him to be more specific," He suggested.

Serena
Serena looked up at Joey and nodded at him. Her anxiety was through the roof, the man sounded like he seriously needed help and well, if it was just a joke, the guy deserved an Oscar.

"If you really need help, we need to know where you are." She said, trying to make the man understand. They were still connected but all that could be heard was static.

"Sir?" Serena asked, "Is this a joke?" She finally said.

"No. I promise it's not." The man was quiet again after that, "I can't tell you anything more until I know I can trust you." Serena looked around at her friends, utterly confused.

Jason
Jason shook his head, he had better things to be doing than wasting his time with prank phone calls. "Just shut it down Serena." He said, annoyance clear in his voice. "It's a joke. Let's get out of here."

While the man did sound convincing, Jason couldn't believe that it was anything but a joke. He needed to know if he could trust them? Was he not the one asking for help? "Maybe he's a stalker." Jason suggested, a laugh on his lips, "This is how he's gonna lure us all into the night to kill us."

a m i s i | w e n c k ;

p o s t
As soon as she heard the man sob, her virescent eyes began to well with tears. She felt the mood of the room change in an instant, the emotions as thick as fog to her. Not wanting for anyone to see her cry, she hurriedly wiped at her eyes and sniffed quietly. She was the tough girl of the group, she wasn't supposed to show any soft and vulnerable emotion like crying.

Pulling herself together, she listened to the man speak, chills crawling up her spine.

"Maybe he's a stalker."
"This is how he's gonna lure us all into the night to kill us."

At that Amisi smacked Jasons arm with a frown. "I get you're trying to be critical about this situation and save us from embarrassment, but don't be so insensitive.. please?" She bit her lip, gazing up at him. "Just actually consider the fact that this man is in trouble and he needs our help?"

t a g s
Mood: :c Location: Radio Station
Playlist:

coded by dwale

Kana Tamura
Kana pulled out her phone, starting to make notes on everything the man was saying. The notes were in Japanese, Kana finding it easier to type in that under pressure. She left telling off Jason to Amisi, she seemed to have it under control. The man saying he needed proof her could trust them confused her a little bit. Yes, putting his faith in some kids who may not even be taking him seriously (Jason) wouldn't be good if he was in trouble, but if he was a man wanting to get rescued why would he be hesitant to tell people where he is? Maybe Jason did have a point about it being a joke or something. If anyone else was as bored as they were it would make sense.

"How can we prove that?" Joey asked. "I mean, that he can trust us. Neither of us can prove anything over the radio." he pointed out.

Serena
Serena was doing her best to ignore Jason and his negative attitude and was glad Amisi was yelling at him. She looked at Joey then and shrugged. She had no idea how to get this guy to trust them. Much less to prove to him that they had his best interests at heart. She was at a loss for words. And, if she was being honest, she was losing her patience; not that she would let it show but still, inside she was annoyed.

"Sir, I really don't know how you want me to do that. My name is Serena Sharpe, I'm 17, um, my favorite color's blue?" She said, making a face. She didnt know what to say to him.

Jason

Jason sighed, "Fine, fine." He said, "I'm sorry. It's just hard to believe." He would keep his mouth shut for now, as he didn't want to upset Amisi anymore. He shook his head at Serena's attempt to get the guy to trust her. He figured that they would soon lose contact with him, like they did before, and that would be the end of it. Jason could go home and draw the building that he's been constructing in his mind all night.

a m i s i | w e n c k ;

p o s t
"Thank you.." She smiled lightly, pecking his arm in reassurance. "Well, it is hard to believe. But nothing like this has.. well.. ever happened." Amisi shrugged, looking up to the auburn (?) haired boy. Patting his back once more, she crossed over to Serena. "I'm sorry love, but I feel as if that isn't.. enough? Blue is a very lovely color by the way, but I feel as if that won't ur, win him over?" She chuckled, rubbing the back of her neck. "What if.." She nibbled on her lip. "I'm just spitballing here, but is there a possibility of him being able to hear all of us?" She asked. "If not, I would gladly take the mic if thats fine with you.. I think I have an idea." [/justify][/justify]

tumblr_inline_ockgjuPyfU1qh9jky_500.gif
tumblr_inline_ockixhJyTN1qh9jky_500.gif
t a g s
Mood: :o
Playlist:

coded by dwale

Joey Rivera
"Well it's not like much we could say would prove we can be trusted." Joey pointed out to Amisi when she criticised Serena. "You're right that it's not like he'll just be like 'what's your name? What's your favourite colour? What's the speed of a sparrow?' and then he'll trust us, but we can't prove anything we do say. If he's paranoid enough to need proof to trust us, then he probably won't take anything on faith." Joey pointed out. The more he thought about it, the more Jason seemed to be thinking more sensibly than the rest of them. He didn't want to risk that the guy was going to get hurt if they didn't help, but this lack of information he was giving was really frustrating.

He rubbed his eyes. It was getting late, or later, and he was still getting messages on his phone. Probably from his brother still. He thought he would have gone to sleep by now, but apparently not. He was just as contradictory as the man on the radio in some ways.

Kana Tamura
Kana refolded the map, standing up from her spot on the floor. She moved over to the group now forming around the microphone, hanging back a little as she probably wouldn't be the most helpful in this situation. She wasn't even sure what Amisi meant by 'win him over'. Letting the others do the talking, she texted her mother. She always stayed up ridiculously late, even compared to the times Kana now hung out with her friends. Maybe one of the adults knew more about things like this. Maybe hiking trails or abandoned buildings those internet shows liked to invade.

Serena
Serena sighed and stood up. Amisi was right. So was Joey. "It's all yours girl." She said to Amisi. She hoped that Amisi could get more information out of the man on the other end. Serena glanced at the time, it was late and if someone who knew that Serena was supposed to have left already walked by, they could tell her boss, or even the sheriff if they were concerned enough.

Though the thought of anyone out walking around at this time made her laugh. The only people that would be walking this late were other people they went to school with. And they probably wouldn't even notice that anyone was inside, much less know that Serena hadn't left yet. She was worrying for nothing. Plus, what was going on right now was more important.

Jason
Jason had left the room. If he didnt he might've volunteered to talk to the guy on the other end, and then he definitely wouldn't trust any of them. Before walking into the studio there was a little sitting room with two couches and that's where Jason made himself comfortable, if anything important happened, someone would let him know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back