• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Stonewall Town] Nice To Meat You

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. Check the links above to learn more about it.

This RP takes place a few days after the events of Barony Burgers.

What to expect out of character:
Daily posting pace where possible, 2 rounds a week (Wednesdays and weekends) if not. Likely meeting somewhere in the middle. Focus will be on creative usage of the set-up narration and interaction with NPC's.

What to expect in character:
Todo Sawl's efforts in The Keg have not gone unnoticed. One of the ones who took the most 'notice' to it, was the butcher who'd supplied Todo with his meat, Erkan Flann. He extended a challenge to Todo. Should Todo successfully turn a wide variety of meat into a delicious dish, Erkan would provide him with a stable supply of meat for the foreseeable future. In order to test the results, Todo was to prepare his dishes live for an audience of five 'judges', some of the most meat-loving people around. One was the guard, Ethel, who's expectations were high after the burgers. Another was Hallr, a prospector and miner from Sootspire who was visiting Stonewall to meet with some of his family. His impressive strength was in need of an equally impressive intake of meat, making him a perfect judge. For the same reason, Sven had been dragged in as a judge. The carpenter, logger and head of Stonewall's militia had begrudgingly made time for the event. The fourth judge had been, literally, dragged off of the street as she passed by. Aileen found herself rather confused, but unable to say no to the perpetrator, Ethel's, insistence. Finally, Erkan himself would judge the results as fifth judge.

Barony 1x1's
This RP is a third trial run for an idea I've had for a while, an easy set-up for 1x1 RP's in Caelia barony. More lore on it can be found in this lore thread where new lore will be added.

Barony NPC 1x1 RP's
There are a lot of people (NPC's) in the barony by now. That is not a coincidence. I've been trying to establish a lot of NPC's, not just to flesh out the area and add some flavour, but also to offer the following option: 1x1 RP's with the barony NPC's.

These are intended to be:
1 – Relative short. (Up to two months at most, more likely between 2 weeks and a month).
2 – Easy to jump into. Find an NPC you want to interact with or a goal to achieve that could fit into the Caelia Barony and you'll be hooked up.
3 – Light-hearted. They won't have too much deep lore/plot. Just a PC, an NPC and a common goal to achieve (examples; defeat wolf, craft sword, chat about the weather, learn how to poor tea).

What you stand to gain:
1 – An RP tailored to your liking with flexible pacing (daily at its fastest so long as both sides are able to keep it up, with potential moments of back-to-back posting, weekly at its slowest).
2 – A direct way to achieve a specific goal, such as: Forge a sword. Gain F-rank Adventurer's Guild connection. Learn Etiquette. Spent some time gossiping.
3 – A narrator willing to help you come up with ideas. I like brainstorming if you want to try out something, but don't have something specific yet.

What I stand to gain:
1 – More RP options outside of my own characters.
2 – Fleshing out the barony and its NPC's even more.
3 – Hopefully giving people some short, yet fun RP's.
4 – A few extra points from running a lot of RP's, which I'll likely reinvest in barony assets/companions through my character (baroness) Regula Caelia.

Limits:
1 - There's only so much I can do alone. If too many people show interest, I'll have to create a waiting list or find others to join in on this idea (preferably with NPC's of their own, to ensure NPC's stay somewhat consistent in their behaviour).
2 – Grand goals, deep lore, posting paces longer than weekly or desires for very long-lasting RP's likely won't fit this format.
3 – I'm planning to offer some level quality, but this is also very much a quantity thing. If I somehow offer a life-changing RP that'd be great, but that'd not be the goal with these. The goal is some good and simple fun.

TRIAL RUN
As a trial run, I'm hoping to provide a fun RP, but there may be some hiccups while I'm trying to sort things out both IC and OOC. I'll be checking how much time it takes me to keep posting to see if I can start doing these on a consistent basis first and for most, as well as checking how well and easily ideas come forth to see if I can run these en masse, and finally how well the NPC's integrate to see how much of a solid ground for new stuff they can be. Feedback is appreciated both during and after the RP.

The Keg
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Capital Town: Stonewall – Tavern.
Time 14:00 – Weather: Rainy
d1a39778da798e25d660b3759ae02507.jpg
From: https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/Darsunne/0a55608e9d52edec15d4c6455736ec45_zpste7hezy9.jpg
Mentions: Todo Shawl Orikanyo Orikanyo

It was an odd afternoon in the Keg. Normally, it wasn't too busy around this time, especially in rainy weather like today, but right now, there was a fair bit going on.

Erkan Flann
NxkFh8k.jpg

“Alright then, mister Todo. I've brought in some of the most exotic and delicious cuts of meat from the butchery. Now would be your time to prove you're worth using them. I'll reveal them one by one, to ensure you'll be forced to come up with new ideas on the spot. We need a little challenge after all, now wouldn't we?” The butcher stated, a grin on his face as he observed the pigman chef. “Although perhaps some introductions are in order? I'm Erkan Flann, local butcher.”

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

“Ehm... I'm Aileen, blacksmith... I'll eh... I'll be in your care..?” She mumbled. This was not how she'd expected her day would go. She wanted to get some more smithing gone, but it was tough to refuse Ethel and... she was a little curious. Okay, a fair bit. If this chef was as great as they said he was, perhaps she could bring Ryan here sometime. Her face reddened a bit a the thought. Just the two of them, a table in the corner, good food, a casual talk leading into them sharing some secrets, their faces moving closer together near the end of the night and then... then... Her mind was already drifting.

Ethel
4y1K4G5.png

“I shalt hold nothing but thy highest standard for thou art! I shalt expect mine tongue to be toucheth by the divine!” She proudly proclaimed towards Todo. Why was she proud? No clue. She was just eager to see what she'd get from this. She neither wanted nor needed more introduction.

Hallr
ZxgHxjD.png

“Hallr, Sootspire's prospector.” He shortly introduced himself. “Is it always like this in Stonewall?” He asked, clearly a bit overwhelmed by all this.

Sven
3aqYSEX.png
VJ3LSCL.jpg

“Yes.” He sighed. “I'm Sven, carpenter, logger, militia leader. In that order.” He stated. “Let's see what you've got then.” He told Todo.

Now would be the ideal time for Todo to not only introduce himself, but to also get a bit of an idea on the likes and dislikes of these people, were he to want to try tailor his dishes to their individual tastes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Todo Sawl
(Picture needs finding)

His first showing of mastery... Several judges, but each a test of varying design... He would have to observe and think... Communicate and see what their leanings are.

Except Ethel who was, in a way, charmingly forthwith of her excitement.

"Its good to see you aswell knight Ethel, I'll be sure to get you something to sate a hungry knight." He paused to consider the others now, now that the cute if brash knight was noted. He would go down the list now, observe their demeanors and see their states...

Appraisal may be his friend here, it was E grade, but still workable. It may just be his cheat sheet now.

"Its good to meet you Miss Aileen, if you would be so kinda, please tell me about your favorite food? Please, leave no detail out."

He would have a quill and note pad at the ready, as he would get back to his favorite boisterous knight with vey pinchable cheeks.

"As same to you Lady Ethel, favorites? No venture begins without a knowledge of the lay of the land!" He would scribe down his notes before continueing down the line again.

"Good to meet you sir, it can be abit... Exciting now and again, i've started to settle and i've heard very few complaints thus far. I've an aim to help ease us along with the food for our hungry friends, including you of course.

Have you anything in mind when you think of food at the end of a long day? Soft, tough? We'll be dealing with meats from our friend, but, do not spare me the greens. Saffron herself has be lovely in regards to stretching beyond with such." The elven woman had come back, seeing her in such a state as the general store made him only desire to see a smile even more.

Now the last fellow. "Good to meet you sir. You seem to be a very busy fellow then. I can only imagine how much work you get done around here. Maybe the tables around here come from you? They are sturdy and comfortable, even for a big fellah as me." He started, before taking up his notes again.

"To the point, any favorites and desires?"

He wonder where his two favorite hostesses were in all this for a second, the younger of the two he had been catching sneaking treats... Though he'd never say a word.

The Keg
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Capital Town: Stonewall – Tavern.
Time 14:10 – Weather: Rainy
From: https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/Darsunne/0a55608e9d52edec15d4c6455736ec45_zpste7hezy9.jpg

Todo was clever to get his bearings first. As for his favourite hostesses, the older one was all the way in Sadek County's capital, Osun, where she'd go through the big market to buy herbs, spices, ales, beers and strong liquors that weren't easy to obtain in Caelia Barony. The younger one was currently cleaning some of the inn's rooms. He was on his own for now.

Ethel
4y1K4G5.png

LEZxvL5.jpg

Ironlily

“Thou art brave to rise to thy challenges! Go with mine blessing!” She replied to Todo. Appraisal on her didn't reveal a lot, other than her [Human] title and a [Clumsy] title. That said, she was likely the easiest to satisfy. As Todo closed in to appraise her, however, (appraisal range is 5ft), she puffed up her chest. “Art thou challenging me?!?” She called out. As for her favourites... “Thy burger hath become mineth preferred source of nutrition! Thou areth alloweth to make me and mine moreth of those!” Yep. She should be easy to satisfy.

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

She panicked a little when she got asked about her favourite food, especially at the part of not leaving out any details. “I really like the meat-pies with savoury berries that Cynthia makes... but don't tell her I said that! It's just, the dough is chewy, the meat is tender, the berries are sweet, yet sour, yet savoury... those are great.”

As for Appraisal E. She too was [Human]. As expected, she was also [Expert Blacksmith], but surprisingly also [Novice Enchanter]. Two other titles he could spot were [Lovestruck] and [Ryan's Girlfriend]. There was a bit more, but his appraisal wasn't strong enough for it. As he got close enough to use it, she awkwardly stepped back a bit, unsure of what he was getting at and clearly a little shy and uncomfortable with it.

Hallr
ZxgHxjD.png

“Hm, exciting indeed. Feels like the place got a lot more livelier than last time I was here. Perhaps the new Baroness got things going?” He asked to nobody in particular. “I like to eat heavy, as I work long and hard. I've got to keep up with what I lose in energy, after all. I'd not say I'm a picky eater, but I do recall some folk used herbs and spices on their roasts that made it worth remembering. As for greens... I guess I eat them in the morning or when I have no meat left.” His tastes were clearly leaning carnivorous. “Ah, the girl from the Twice Flipped Coin? She's an odd one, just like her mother and grandmother. Nice, but odd.” He stated it rather bluntly, although not sounding malicious when doing so.

When Todo got closer, the man had already expected it, after having seen it happen to the two girls and figuring Todo wasn't just being a creep. He wasn't sure what was going on, but shrugged it off. As for his titles, they revealed [Human], after which there was [Expert Prospector], [Expert Miner], [Expert Climber], [Novice Stone-carver], [Strongman], [Arm-Wrestler] and finally, [Meat-lover]. That was all his appraisal was able to pick up on.

Sven
3aqYSEX.png

VJ3LSCL.jpg

“You're one of those, aren't you?” Sven asked, upon spotting what Todo was doing. “Having the black orb ability in your own eyes, like some of the Fae.” He scoffed. “Fine, do as you wish.” He'd let Todo appraise him, which once again revealed [Human]. It also revealed [Expert Carpenter], [Adept Logger], [Stonewall Militia Leader] and an odd word [Kuudere], whatever that might be. There was more to it, but his appraisal wasn't strong enough.

Like before, none of it revealed much about their pallets. Luckily enough, Sven spoke up again. “As for your question, yes, I made those. One of my first jobs, in fact.” As for what he liked, he shrugged. “Something filling to keep me going. Don't have any specific preferences.”

Erkan Flann
NxkFh8k.jpg

The challenger, as well as the fifth and final judge, went unquestioned (and for now, unappraised) as he was getting the first peace of meat ready. “Here you go, a nice enough warm-up. You should know what to do with this, but let's see if you can surprise us.” The meat Todo was handed was a simple peace of lamb, a lamb chop in particular. It'd both serve as a good warm-up as well as as a baseline for his cooking, assuming he'd at least know how to work well with this relatively normal ingredient.

Todo Sawl

"Sorry everyone, just making certain of whom i'm dealing with. alot of our dietary needs comes from our lifestyles." todo patted his own considerable belly, before eyeing the lamb... "..Hmm.... I think i've a few ideas...." lamb... He should have figured it'd be something within conventions. he would need to consider his choice of dish carefully...

He would be cooking one dish and having several taste it seems, one lamp chop... Characterized by it's softness, lamb was well considered a delicacy, in a senze that it was typically done specifically for nobility as it was often more worth while keeping the sheep. He had been hopeing for something outlandish in truth, but he couldn't imagine many of them get to taste lamb very much.

A lamb chop...

It alone could serve, but... He had some thinking to do...

Considering his challenge, he would scoop up the materials and head into the kitchen, where he would set to work...

Since this lay perfectly within conventions, he would work with such, start small so that the bigger rounds will be easier after he's wet the whistle. He would rely upon his [Domestic B] for this, but he would consider a recipe he remember from awhile ago.. Double cut Lamb chops, with a garlic caper rub.

He personally loved garlic, he thought as he attended to the meal. "Its the perfect spice.. if it could be called one. A companion to many things... Actually... Maybe..." he grabbed another clove and began with his idea... Getting the bread up he gave it a sprinkling and dressing of garlic and cheese, with his skills this wouldn't be an issue to make perfect, the crunchy crust on the outside, the soft inside of the bread with the cheese...

Perfection... And with this soft lamb and a side of a vegetable medley, with a buttered finish to them. He was happy with such a meal, enough that he was half way tempted to take a slice of garlic toast for himself... But.. No...

it was for the judges.

"Done!" he called out, looking happy as a clam. "A savory dish to start us off. Eat it while it's hot!"

The Keg
Time 14:10 – Weather: Rainy

His apology was sort-off accepted, considering Sven wasn't corrected, they at least knew he wasn't just being a creep... well, still a privacy invader, but not a horrible creepy one, perhaps. Either way, his joke settled whatever tension might've arisen there. Todo started off strong, by correnctly identifying the first challening part: making five dishes out of a single lamb chop.

Ethel
4y1K4G5.png

LEZxvL5.jpg

Ironlily

Judge #1 was practically drooling from the moment she smelled the food being made. The food was gone in no-time, although she did nearly choke on the bone that the lamb was still on. “Thou *cough* food hath attempteth to take mine life! Thou food shalt nay bequest me!” Perhaps it would be worth being careful what to feed the [Clumsy] one, as that title seemed to extend to table-manners. “I shalt deem it passing, but thou food shouldest nay challenge me and mine again!”

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

She was hesitant. The smelled delicious, but... there was a lot of garlic in there, wasn't it? Both in the bread and meat. What would Ryan think if she smelled like garlic? Should she skip out on this? Yet... it did smell delicious. She also didn't want this pig chef down. She'd try just a bit... Truthfully, she liked the bread even more than the meat. “I didn't know you could make bread like this...” She admitted. This was revolutionary. So simple, yet so nice. “Oh, the meat is nice too.” She'd add, speaking truthful, yet clearly having her preference.

Hallr
ZxgHxjD.png

Hallr went the other way around. Polite enough to try the bread, but not being too particularly interested. With the lamb being chopped into five portions, his was gone in no-time. “Not a bad start,” He replied. “I might not be wasting time here after all.” He said, although it was clear he was only warming up to the idea of this and not entirely impressed thus far.

Sven
3aqYSEX.png

VJ3LSCL.jpg

“I think it's a bit of a cheat to just add another dish, no matter how well it might compliment this one.” Sven spoke up, starting to get a bit into the sudden role off judge. “Based solely on the lamb, I'd say it was just about passing.” He might be one of the tougher customers.

Erkan Flann
NxkFh8k.jpg

“It seems like a tough crowd has gathered, but you're still in the race. I'd say this was a good way to cook lamb, but it's a bit of a shame that you played it rather safe. A slow start with a safe type of meat and a safe dish... It means we'll all keep having to be looking forwards to seeing your actual skills in action.”

He smiled a bit, as he brought out the next type of meat. “I want to make sure you'll do justice to the rarer types of meat, so how about this.” He took out two types of meat. One was a lower grade of pork, the types of meat you'd normally grind into sausages with some spices. There was a fair bit of it, enough to give a modest proportion to all five of them. The other was a high grade of beef. The type you'd serve as 'pure' as possible. There was only a small cut of it, enough to feed two people a modest proportion or one person a normal one. It was up to Todo if he'd go with the default options or if he'd find ways to spice things up. “Two pieces of very different cuts of meat, five people to make dishes for. I'll leave it up to your chef's instincts to decide what to make and for whom you'll make it.”

Todo sawl

So it is then, he had to think about this one... A meal that is unique, but utilizes the meat to an acceptable degree. It would have to stand alone, but... If he were to think, it could be a main and a companion...

Yes... brain you had an idea...

Curry.

It would take a tiny bit of work to get it all done, but he was a master, he would not be so fussed with abit of extra work.

Sauce, veggies, the meat freshly ground and combined into a lovely consistency, though the higher grade cuts would be cut and divided evenly into the areas of the beast.

He would, actually, dig deep into his own stockpile for this, a quick stop out to the storage compartment of his machine. Deep in the back, where the darkest safest portion lay, he grasped the bag... He dipped a finger within, and nodded. Perfect.

A spice, a lovely zig that gave a lick of flame to the dish... He would enjoy this...

The meat, was of course dolled out correctly, the sauces wete preped and given liberal access to the spice. Sweet and spicey, like a lover's kiss, it would light a flame on their tongue but with such smoothness and kindness it'd capture a heart.

A plate of rice, a light import but one that was easily captured from the duchy merchants with good money from his works. The spices came from the same place, a merchant from the pavillion. Chili peppers, ground up and properly worked...

He damned the man for the cost at first, but results... They show.

They work had in hand with the meat within the curry, steamed rice with fresh local jasmine to temper it... Sticky, beautiful, and colorfully red to excite the palat. Red on white. A crimson of blood and fire atop white purity...

He would come out of the kitchen with pride and knowing gaze, laying plates out for each judge, then a small one for himself.

"Curry, but a small show, and... for your tongues..." he would set out a glass of milk for each of them, though his was vacant for now.

"Follow my lead, take a spoonful of the curry, pair it with the rice, do not fear mixing it, it will be together in time. Mix, lightly or not to your palate, then dig in. The milk will be there to save your tongue." He bites the first spoonful, and feel the wonderful sting... the complex flavors, the savory flavors of the meat, the the lovely cut, only one, giving a heartyness to the collection, with the spice fairing well by soaking in the lesser cuts, bringing them to godlyness...

Sausage be damned, he would make these people taste the beauty of the world.

The Keg
Time 14:50 – Weather: Rainy

Erkan Flann
NxkFh8k.jpg

“That is a most interesting dish.” The butcher commented, as he was presented the curry. Noticing the rice, he nodded. “I'm assuming this is a typical Kuridan dish, then? I wonder what your native cooking will be like and whether it is worthy of my meats.” He stated, seemingly being satisfied with the concept. Whether the taste would also be satisfactory would be another question. One that'd soon be answered.

He followed Todo's lead, taking a few bites in silence, then he nodded. “An excellent usages of the meats you were provided. If I had to make just one comment, it would be that I personally feel like the spices work amazing with the lower-grade meat, but might overwhelm some of the higher grade meat's properties.”

Ethel
4y1K4G5.png

LEZxvL5.jpg

Ironlily

As she was digging in, she started to get a bit teary-eyed, red-faced and snotty-nosed. The spices were getting to her. Probably due to the pace at which she was devouring this meal. However, she sniffed. “Thou shalt not get to me!” She looked at the milk and scoffed. “I shalt defeat the challenge without thine antidote!” She was too prideful to go for the milk, so she finished the meal without it. “There! I haveth beaten thy challenge! Thou shalt provide me with a more worthwhile foe!” She called out, forgetting her role as a judge for a moment. It seemed like this was a passing grade on her end, for what it was worth, as despite facing the heat head-on and reaching a draw at best, she seemed to like it.

Hallr
ZxgHxjD.png

“Hmmm.” He spoke, after a few bites. “The presentation is odd, but it is altogether not bad.” His plate was visibly emptying a lot quicker on the 'curry' side than on the 'rice' side of it. “I would say it isn't often I enjoy vegetables to this degree, even though they're still vegetables at the end of the day. I'd say this is a worthy meal indeed.” Another passing grade.

Sven
3aqYSEX.png

VJ3LSCL.jpg

“It is good, I'll admit. However, I do wonder.” He pointed at the curry. “The spices used in this. What is their price?” He smirked a bit. “No offence, but with the right materials, it should be easy to elevate a meal, no?” He clearly was insinuating that Todo might've 'cheated' or used the 'easy way out' by using expensive spices in his meal.

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

“Well... I like it.” She added, feeling a bit bad for Todo. She was the only one actually drinking milk between bites. “I don't think I'd have ever gotten to taste a thing like this before, but I'd definitely want it more often. Perhaps just a bit less fire-like on my tongue.”

Erkan Flann
NxkFh8k.jpg

When the food was dealt with, Erkan smiled. “Time to bring out an actual challenge.” He smiled, as he brought a very large chunk of meat. “This, chef Todo, is Dire Boar. You didn't have issues cooking with pork, right? I'll assume this one goes as well. That said, if you believed your regular wild boars are a tough type of meat to deal with, you haven't seen Dire Boar yet. It's one mass of muscles, bones, fat and sinew. However, between all of that, there is some really juicy, nutty meat. The challenge is to bring out the most of that flavour and to get rid of all the more gamy elements. Normally, I'd offer to fully prepare the meat, but I'd believe a chef like yourself should know which pieces of meat to use, so I'll leave this one a lot rougher. That's the real challenge of cooking with Dire Boar.”

This one seemed to exists of two challenges. The first to wrap up butchering the meat for the best pieces. The second to find a dish that'd make the most of its nutty flavours whilst not making it sound to gamy and wild.

Todo Sawl

"Hmm... I see your points.." the chef thought this over... Thinking... "Perhaps in my desire to wow and show off what I know, to give an exotic and great display, a chance to try something new. I have forgotten the goal. It is the meat, truely the meat, we are to be after.

I observed the forest for the trees but forgot why I was in the forest." He nodded sagely, then eyes the dire boar.

"Two meals now, but this dire boar can make a feast. Tell you all what, I can make this boar into a true feast. But it will require time. Gameyness is not a bad thing, but it will take time to cook, to marinade, to properly season.

If you are willing to give me tonight, I shall, when you all return, give you a feast worthy of the meat. This is my challenge, and I shall rise to it. Much akin to our sweating knight over there." He considered the woman who was, by all intents and purposes still sweating from the spice. Just drink the milk girl!!

"If you all will allow me." He gave them all a deep bow, holding the bend till they said a word

The Keg
Time 12:00 (the next day) – Weather: Sunny

They had agreed to his point and settled to meet again today for 'lunch' to continue the testing grounds for Todo's meat-cooking skills. There was a tad difference to the scenery, namely that Hestia and Amika were working in the background. Otherwise, things were very much the same as the day before.

Ethel
4y1K4G5.png

LEZxvL5.jpg

Ironlily

Ethel was the first to arrive. “I hath naught drank any milk!” She proudly proclaimed. “They challenge hath nay beaten me and mine and thou shalt provideth me and mine with a challenge anew!” She spoke, as she was ready for more.

Erkan Flann
NxkFh8k.jpg

The butcher was the second to wander in. “Good afternoon. Now, I wonder if the long wait will pay off. If so, I managed to procure the most interesting pieces of meat for our next challenges...” He gave an ominous chuckle after that.

Hallr
ZxgHxjD.png

“To think I'd extend my Stonewall stay for a food eating thing...” He sighed. “Well, I guess it's nice to be out of the mines for a bit, so let's see what you got for us today, chef.” He stated as he walked in and sat down.

Sven
3aqYSEX.png

VJ3LSCL.jpg

“Hello.” That was all he said, sitting down in silence otherwise. However, it was a bit notable that he'd taken time to be here again. He was a busy man, after all. Perhaps the previous successes were enough to win him over to try more. The fact his criticism was taken well likely also aided.

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

“Ehm... hi...” She mumbled, as she slipped in. She'd been doubting whether she should return or not for a while, but well, it'd tasted nice and she had somewhat already committed to this, right? She wished Ryan could be here to join her, but alas, he was out of town. Surely he wouldn't mind if she tried someone's meat while he was gone, right? She hoped so. Either way, she eventually had caved in and joined the rest again. Partially out of curiosity, partially out of feeling responsible to see this through. Mostly out of just wanting to try more.

Todo Sawl

The table had already been set for them, a series of glasses and cutlery ready for their usage. He had been working hard throughout the night... Dedicating his finest to this meal and taking his time to consider the cuts and finery of his challenge... Through the night the kitchen stired...

Smoke bellowed out of the chimney, sleep was taken in shifts with aid of a young laid bribed with cookies so someone can watch the marinade... but he would be placing a careful eye on the smoker as well, testing, observing, and basting with honey garlic.

Those would be done soon, but those were a companion.

His true goal was the sirloin, the dire boar was kind and big enough to provide for the lot, but it MUST be attended to correctly.

Breaded Sirloin pork chop schnitzle that was in a honey apple marinade to complement the light saltyness of the breading, honey garlic sausage in a bun topped with bacon bits and chili and to top it off he would give the finisher to the plate a carnivores delight...

Barbeque marinaded Ribs... Tender, juicy, dripping with the sauce that brag a tangy sweet taste to succulent ribs.

Simple name, but easy to ruin.

All this marinaded to play with the nutty flavor natural to the boar while giving the gameyness something to work with!

He used most the hog making this feast, but meat was the NAME OF THIS GAME!!!

Nevermind he was making stew bouillion woth bones and gravy for a side of fries if wanted, with a layering of cheese. But that was the side, not the meal...

He wondered, for a second, if this would be good for their dietary health... then... he considered also... that they didn't eat this often. The sight brought a sniffle to his snout, he wasn't done this challenge... but... he remembered his joy of cooking...

It... it was time to place the plates, he grabbed his meals, covered by bowls to conserve the heat before placing them before the judges, alligning the sides as well, fries and gravy...

"Thank you for giving me time... I hope, you will enjoy..." he bowed deeply, trying to ignore his stomache's protest.

Skills used

Domestic B
Artisan Chef E

The Keg
Time 12:10 (the next day) – Weather: Sunny

It was tough not to be impressed by the sheer amount of dishes brought forwards. A natural silence would fall, if it weren't for a certain knight.

Ethel
4y1K4G5.png

“Thou hath naught defeateth me with thine firey tastes, thou shalt naught defeat me with thine volumes!” She declared, as she dug into schnitzel first... then sausage and bun, some fries... nearly chocking on the ribs until a solid hit on the back from Hallr got her breathing again, after which she casually continued with the bouillon... That said, being stuffed with so much meat, she eventually started to slow down and started to struggle a little. “I... shan't... loose...” She told herself, as she struggled to finish up with the last few bites, but eventually cleaned all places. “That hath naught beaten me!” She proudly proclaimed. It was clear that she'd totally forgotten who was supposed to be tested here.

Hallr
ZxgHxjD.png

With a surprising, almost terrifying ease, Hallr had finished up all food, including sides, even before Ethel could. “That was a highly satisfying meal. The ribs were definitely a highlight, but I did enjoy those bits of meat with hints of apple, honey and garlic. However, if I must make one minor criticism, I believe the amount of honey present through-out all these dishes was a tad bit much, as I'm not sure whether it compliments or distracts from the meat's natural flavours.”

Sven
3aqYSEX.png

VJ3LSCL.jpg

At Hallr's words, Sven nodded. “I agree, although I'd gladly admit this meal was worth the time. The diverse set of dishes surprised me. Then again, I must ask, the sheer amount of variety, was it an attempt to see which parts we'd like and overcompensate on quantity to avoid risking having one fail? Personally, I believe the ribs and schnitzel were both able to hold their own as a main, but now ended up distracting from one another.” Notably, Sven hadn't finished all food, having come about 3/4ths of the way there before giving up.

Erkan Flann
NxkFh8k.jpg

“I disagree.” The chef stated. He'd, at most, eaten half the meal, but he had tried some of everything. “The task was to make the most out of all the Dire Boar, which the chef has clearly shown to be capable off. Whilst I agree with Hallr that having some of the pure taste of meat, without all the additional flavours, might have been nice, I disagree that this volume is problematic. If anything, I say it's an excellent show of his diversity as a chef.”

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

“Ehm.. I'm... I'm sorry, it's all really great and I hate to waste anything, but... it's too much.” She spoke up, feeling a bit embarrassed at her inability to clean her plate, despite not being the only one. As she heard his stomach, she shoved the plates towards him. “Perhaps, ehm... you'd like to ensure it won't go to waste?”

Todo sawl

"Oh I had plated this knowing some would go uneaten, to choose what you wish and target such is par for the course Miss Aileen have no wotries of such." Todo gives a nod and considers somebody who may be happy to her... Little miss Aishka was around do doubt, she needed more than those cookies he used to bribe her.

"Put simply, the honey is locally sourced, and with it I attempted a lower undertone, even if it got through. Gameyness means it is extremely lean, the wilds give little in the way of fats that our lovely sows and sires care for. Gameyness simply means its very lean, meaning something must be done to meet most standards. The toughness as well is an issue, I give praise to the hunter of this boar because if theres one thing dire boars are.

Its tough.

To weather all things beyond a normal boars dreams, why I even found portions of muscle reinforced by bone plates. It was a wonder to butcher this creature, nature truely is a amazing thing. Though the toughness means a full night hard marinating even the sirloin in the shitnzle to edible tenderness." The pig man nods, having placed the plates away.

"The way it is, if not, eating dire boar would be a challenge for the teeth and jaw... Which, I still have as a set of sausages if somebody." He glances at Ethel. "Wants to try chewing through untreated smoked Dire boar sausage."

The Keg
Time 13:00 – Weather: Sunny

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

Aileen was glad she wasn't considered rude for not finishing the meal. “That's a relief.” She's silently state.

Todo's explanation of the usage of honey was silently accepted.

Ethel
4y1K4G5.png

“Thou art a fiend! Thou shalt neigh tricketh me and mine into an unwinnable battle! I shalt neight fall for thy tricks!” She clearly needed an excuse not to eat more, as she felt like she was about to burst out of her armour. This pig chef. He was dangerous.

Erkan Flann
NxkFh8k.jpg

“You've proven yourself enough. You're ready for the final challenge.” Erkan spoke, with a bit of a smile. “If everyone could be back here by evening for the final round, I'll ensure mister Todo here has something truly grand to work on.”

As the others left, he'd enter the kitchen with Todo, where a very surprising creature lay in the centre.

snake-water_670382-2924.jpg

“This, mister Sawl, is one of the most challenging types of meats to work with around the world. It's a Sylvan river snake, a creature of magic and mana. They're pretty rare and pricey, not to mention, difficult to butcher. They are extremely venomous, so a single wrong cut can have its poison spread through its body, poisoning the meat.”

As he spoke, he prepared some knives. “You've shown me your skills, I figured I'd show you mine.” He spoke, as he got to work, slicing open the snake along its stomach, carefully stripping away some of its scrubs and skin. Afterwards, he showed its teeth and venom glands. “These are the main issue, as they aren't just located in or near the head, but run through its entire body like a muscle.” With surgical precision, he proceeded to remove the body-long venom glands. “Some of its organs, whilst not poisonous, are extremely foul. I shall remove those as well.” after he said it, he removed the body-long intestines as well.

“There we go, all that remains is edible. However, this creature is of magical nature. Whilst the texture of the meat is between that of a steak and fish, the flavour is highly unpredictable. Parts of it might be sweet, others sour, others bitter. The mana in these creatures can really alter our perception of their flavour, even after cooking them. It'll be your final challenge to carefully test out the various parts of this creature, to see whether or not they can be used into a dish, to decide if you want to mix them, serve them separate... The only thing I'll say, is that I'd like for at least part of this creature to be served as undiluted or mixed up with other ingredients as possible, whilst you can go all-out on interpreting the rest, I want to see you make the most of at least part of its natural flavours.”

With that, Todo's final and toughest challenge had been set.

Todo

"Amazing... to think a creature could be so remarkable..." he could smell it, this... serpent... long and winding... It... would be a curious battle...

"This will take abit. Please enjoy yourselves as I prepare..." he grasped the platter before heading on into the kitchen...

The pig, when inside, stared down at the beast with utter confusion and disbelief... A DAMN SNAKE IS THIS WORLD'S PUFFERFISH!? Well, not exactly but... the way he... Talked about it... And the way it apparrently has differing tastes depending on where its cut... he... he would need to be careful... And... test each thing carefully...

What... what did he know about this...?

It was snake, it had a consistency somewhat like chicken... okay... Cut abit off and smell...

It... had an acrid smell... A deep sniff... Bitter...

Hmm... like... acidic...? Sour yes...

Hrmm... perhaps....

Yes...

Barbeque Unagi Nirgiri, it wasn't eel but this... would work... The meat was brilliant, it seasoned it'self really, but there wasn't alot of it... And after that big dinner, he couldn't make them eat so much.

So sashimi rolls that empathsize the varied nature of this beastie... Light sauces for dipping, but nothing overly saturating... his tests allowed him to see it but the barbequeing game them all a savory hint and emphasized the various flavors of the meats.

He plated the servings well, the slices of beat generous but acceptable to not sully the tastes...

He came back out again, placing the plates.

"Slyvan River Snake Nigiri, plated simply but lacking no less, the natural flavors of the serpent shall be at your finger tips, eaten eith your fingers as so, each cutting of the serpant gives it's varying lovely flavors a truely varied taste profile. Typically, this type of dish can be done as well with raw meat, or light cooker, typically sea food but this particular version is with an eel. Due to the blood, requiring cooking the meat lest it's blood cause issue.

In a similar sense, we are utilizing the barbeque to accompany the lovely chicken-like taste of serpent, with the taste profiles of the meat, atop of sticky rice to bring its lightness and accompanyment to the palate." He gives a bow.

"It is a chef's duty to serve, but at times, the ingredients must speak for themselves. Each roll is a differing cut, seasoned lightly to preserve it's sanctity. Please enjoy."

[Domestic B]
[Artisan Chef E]

The Keg
Time 18:00 – Weather: Sunny

The group gathered again in the evening for the final dish. Toto's Domestic Arts B and Chef E had ensured he'd managed to pair and flavour all the separate parts of the snake correctly, managing to balance out all the various nuances with just the right herbs to season it.

Ethel
4y1K4G5.png

She'd entered the room again drenched in sweat. Why? She'd trained her ass off to ensure she'd have an appetite again for this final round, of course. Even Ezekiel had been stunned by hard she'd been working at her training. “I shalt devour thy offerings!” She proclaimed. Then she backed up her words, going through them at a pace. She clearly enjoyed it, although it was questionable how much of the true quality of this food was even noticed by her.

Hallr
ZxgHxjD.png

Hallr and shown up just after Ethel, taking seat in silence as he started trying the dish. “An odd pairing... but a good one.” He stated, after trying to first peace. For as much as he was a 'bulk eater' he was able to take it a bit slower and enjoy the various flavours of the rare meat. “Truth be told, I don't think I've ever eaten anything like this, so it's difficult to say how well it holds up. That said, I can safely say it was worth delaying my journey back home for this.”

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

She'd joined in a bit later, but was clearly excited at the sight of this food. As she tried it, she couldn't help herself. “This is great! I've got to get Ryan to come eat this with me! It'll be perfect!” Yes, she was sure that eating this type of food would make for the bestest date ever, to the point she'd pretty much forgotten she was supposed to be judging things here and instead fantasized about all the lovely moments they could have with every bite and new flavour.

Sven
3aqYSEX.png

VJ3LSCL.jpg

He was the last to enter and the second from last one to comment on the food. “I'll admit it. You know what you're doing.” He eventually stated. “I've eaten in the capital once, at the invitation of a noble who wanted me to craft him a custom table. I can safely say this outmatches what his personal chef made for us.” That was probably the biggest compliment one could get from the head of militia here.

Erkan Flann
NxkFh8k.jpg

He smiled. “Whilst there are a few details here and there, that might still be perfect-able, like a pinch more salt, a bit more of a charred edge, perhaps adding some fruitier taste to the most bitter parts... Overall, I think you've well shown how capable you are. As promised, I'll help you obtain a stable supply of meat for your business, but don't forgot to mention you're getting your cuts from the best butcher in the county!” He'd say, with a laugh, as he finished the final piece of food.

All in all, the big finale had been successful. Whilst this wasn't as open to the public as the previous event, through his more well-known customers in the area, he'd once more be the talk of town and word about him would even spread all the way to Sootspire through Hallr's involvement.

The End

These are only suggestions, please wait until a grader confirms them before adding them.

Narrator bonus worth = 42 points (From having multiple A-grade characters.)

Todo:
Title: – [Meat Master] – Character's got their meat mastered. Cooking it, that is.

Asset: – [Butchery Contract] – Character has a contract with Stonewall's Butchery 'Bloody Delicious' to obtain a stable supply of quality cuts of meat at decent prices.

Skill: – Gear [Cooking Ingredients] F (7 points from narrator bonus worth).
Stat: – Precision D => C (7 points from narrator bonus worth).
Skill: – Artisan [Chef] E => D (7 points from narrator bonus worth).

Last edited:
ISEKAI HELL GRADE

Rewards

Elvario - 7 Points to any character

Todo Shawl - 15 Points
Acquired Optional title [Meat Master] – Character's got their meat mastered. Cooking it, that is.
Acquired Asset [Butchery Contract] – Character has a contract with Stonewall's Butchery 'Bloody Delicious' to obtain a stable supply of quality cuts of meat at reasonable prices.
Acquired Gear [Cooking spices] F (Add seven points to earned and spent)Acquired Precision C (Add 7 points to earned and spent.) (edited)

mentions: Elvario Elvario Orikanyo Orikanyo Novama Novama

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back