• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Clockhaven City] Kinship and Smoke

Iberis Odhir
c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1-1-1-1.jpg
Elvario Elvario Sharena Sharena RavenSong RavenSong The Last Curse The Last Curse Silent Angel Silent Angel

Iberis replied once again to Kalina, upon hearing her apologize and feel bad, 'It's..not an problem we all did what we needed to do." Even if it had felt strange with the way she had held her and done the deed, it was still intended to be part of an act even if it hadn't felt entirely that way so Iberis had nothing to complain about right? She rationalized, but even then it wasn't like she didn't let Kalina drink her blood usually, just this felt like a different experience entirely. Irrespectively she felt too woozy to really debate the issue either.

While they were heading back to the safe house, Iberis was a bit surprised to have Shion pick her up just like that, as she looked at her almost a bit surprised by her strength alone never mind anything else that was transpiring. "Oh..it's..really okay..but.uh..thanks..Shion." She said a bit softer toward the end with a bit of a smile on her paler than usual face on account of the blood loss, For now she could rest easy on the way back to the safe house in Shion's arms which felt kind of nice, all she really had to was hold onto her staff.

Of course she heard Scylla apologize and go on a bit, "You're still have many great things to do Scylla, like I said you would..what's important is that together we were bought another go at them.." She managed to get out before going back to assuming a restful state where she could relax her heavy feeling head, perhaps the volume wasn't the most appropriate for the distance she was from her but it was what she could manage.

Once Iberis was properly sat down she could rest better just leaning back and closing her eyes, not paying the most attention to what was going on around her for feeling a bit faint. But she did casually listen in to what was being said. Hearing Shion give a real talk to Kelsey was interesting to say the least, hopefully she'd take it well. Shion brought up a lot of good points in Iberis's opinion.
As was Cayde not that long after like per usual, she was really glad to have him around as he seemed to be quite competent.

Iberis decided that at the very least as she recovered she could speak on some of the matters which were being raised at that moment, as she found herself being stirred with Scylla coming over and tapping her, before she looked over more tired than usual.

"Course you're still the leader Scylla.." She said with a bit of a soft smile before returning to the question at hand.

"Yeah, it's something that I do actually know quite a bit about thanks to what a necromancer imparted in me, to my understanding there should be a way to lift the curse through healing , but I must admit it is quite a bit of information for me to look through even internally, but there might be some value in Shion looking into my mind even, I Know for a fact there's a lot there but...I will admit some of it was less savory than other bits, I don't really know how it all works..but something that's more specific could maybe be retrieved."

She said to the group on the matter.

She didn't have the most mental stamina or clarity in that moment, so she didn't feel as confident speaking on the hunters unsure if trusting them and just saying what they learned was the move or if they needed to be more cautious. She then looked to Cayde curious as he seemed to be in thought.

Safe Room 002
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Safe Room 002
Time: 21:40 Weather Dark outside, some dim street-lights, wind howling, light drizzle
rinne-park-04.jpg

Cayde's [Encyclopedia of the Arcane] didn't teach him a whole lot. There were a few things commonly used to remove curses, magic with divine/light affinity backed up by religious knowledge and rituals were common. Another was high grade healing powers, often backed up by divine/light affinity or religious knowledge to cleanse curses and a final by magic backed up by dark/curse affinity to transfer curses from one thing into the other to 'cure' the original target. That was about all, as the cleansing or removal of curses was associate more with healing and religion than with the 'raw' arcane studies.

Chandra Jarmil

Now back to being Chandra, she started getting dressed again. Cayde's an Iberis' responses were still stuck in her mind. It was surprising to hear Cayde switch gears so quickly... after she told him why she was here. Had that not been clear already? She thought she'd told him in her letter, but perhaps that had gotten lost..? Either way, she nodded. “Yes, I shouldn't be a [monster] for much longer, if this goes well.” Whether she could fully revert her vampirism or change it was another question, but for now, she was glad to hear he was still on board with it. It was odd though. He accepted vampires for what they were, but clearly wanted her not to remain one as the result of that. It made her worried. What if she'd fail? Would he stop supporting her? Would he betray her? She shook her head, focussing on properly getting her armour on whilst trying to shake off such thoughts.

Iberis' reply had made her feel worse even more. Especially cause she didn't what she needed to, she ended up doing too much (or at least felt like she had), indicated by Iberis' current state. In the end, all she could do was leave it to Shion, who scooped the girl up like it was nothing.

She chuckled when she heard Scylla demand her leadership back from Kesley, but it reminded her of something she wanted to do before. She'd been too focused on herself, but this was something she shouldn't ignore. She heard other's words towards Scylla, Cayde telling her she'd done well enough, Iberis saying she was still the leader, but Kalina couldn't come up with any words of her own. So she'd just go for the second option. Perhaps she was a bit late, Scylla was already being cheery again after all, but she didn't care. Just after Scylla declared she'd want her leadership back from Kelsey, Kalina would attempt pull her in and hug her tightly. Regardless of whether or not that succeeded, she'd speak. “Honestly, I don't care if you're a leader or not. I'm just really glad you're here for me.”

Even more honest was that the hug was just as much for Kalina herself as it was for Scylla. She needed to remind herself that she could still enjoy having friends nearby without drinking their blood. For all the teasing Scylla had done and for all her own replies in kind, it was odd for Scylla to remain the one friend here she'd known for a long time without drinking from her, yet right now, that was exactly what she needed. “I guess we're both still busy trying to find ourselves, aren't we?” She'd then lower her voice, so that the others couldn't overhear them, or at least not easily so. “You know you don't have to be a leader, right? If that's what you truly want, I'll try to support you, but even without it, I love you, having you around.” She stumbled her words a bit in that last sentence, but figured it'd probably be enough. She'd eventually pull back with a feint smile. Her own emotions were still a mess, but hopefully this was something she'd been able to do right. Hopefully.

She headed towards Sophia next. “I'm sorry about before.” She apologised. Feeling bad about pushing her away earlier. “I've been alone for so long, it's difficult to now have so many friends to care about whilst having to fight my own nature.” There was just one point on which she felt she had to put her foot down. “Yet I can't just have you try to keep distracting me from myself. I really appreciate your help, but... I need to figure out who I am, what I really am and most of all, who and what I want to be when all this is over. I know... I love drinking blood, but I loved it just then as well. You say that's alright, but it's not. With you, it's something you wanted and desires and it was great. With them, it's something they didn't ask for and were, at best, tolerating! Yet I enjoyed it? Can't you see how wrong that is? You can't just kiss such a thing better. How do I know if that isn't just me being a monster after all? Yes, sure, I keep worrying about it, so I know I'm not a full monster, but the part that loves drinking blood, regardless of who, when and how? What if that's just a [monster] in me? What if I need to get rid of it to be normal, to be... to be someone truly worth loving? To be a really good friend? Not just some... what the halfling said... some sort of kink.” This had gotten a lot heavier than she wanted it too, perhaps also a bit more personal than she wanted to get with others able to overhear, but she sort-off got unable to stop after she'd gotten started.

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

She laughed at Shion's remark. “The real me, you say? Sure, sure. Let's go with that~” She clearly enjoyed Shion's attempt at breaking down her character and position, but didn't respect the results. It was unclear if that was just an attempt to hide how correct Shion was or if she was different after all. There was, however, one thing she wanted to clear up. “Becoming a [monster] means you become the threat. It wouldn't have helped Widersia a whole lot of I really did so.” She quickly turned to Kalina. “No offence, by the way.” The vampire was too focussed on other things to reply. “Anyhow, I can tell you one thing, none of you earned Morana's trust. That one's been through enough to never trust a single person again. At best you've earned her goodwill and cooperation. As for my own trust... Let's say I trust results more than anything and we just got some good results from that thrall~”

The next part was more interesting. “Does Morana know of this power of yours? She's pretty great at Analog and might be able to crack into his brain with your help. You might not even need me if she can just get him to go through some data recovery... Ah, that's construct talk for getting his memories back.” She clicked her tongue at Shion's suggestion on what to use the information for. “Disorganised as they may be, they should still be powerful. They'd had a name to themselves for over twenty years now. That's not an easy feat in such a business. Besides, you're all pretty good at prying into things, aren't you? Perhaps you can even figure out what got them so disorganised to begin with. Cayde over there seems good at fixing group dynamics.” She shrugged at Shion's suggestion about curses. She had no clue.

She wanted to make a deal out of being the rightful conqueror of Scylla's leadership, but the witch got targetted by a certain vampire first. Kelsey figured she'd hold off, for now. She was, however, interested in what these witches knew about necromancy. Especially the one that got carried over into this place, although she seemed pretty out of energy. Kelsey headed to the same cupboard Morana had gotten supplies from, pulling out some more jelly packets. “Here, eat.” She commanded Iberis.

After a bit of thinking, she had another idea. “How about this, we head over to the tavern and just check in for the night? Depending on what Morana and Sverre may or may not have told them, we could just spent the night there and observe the Vampire Hunters for a bit first, before deciding what to do, right?” That felt like a decent middle-ground.

Last edited:
Iberis Odhir
Elvario Elvario Sharena Sharena RavenSong RavenSong The Last Curse The Last Curse Silent Angel Silent Angel

While Iberis waited for something of interest to result from Cayde's recollecting information search, then there was quite a bit that Kalina had to say to Scylla and Sophia, which Iberis tuned in for the bits she could hear with the other stuff that was going on in the room, the Scylla discourse closer to her, given Scylla had been in nudge range. It felt a bit reassuring for the group to have this verbal mending experience of sorts, as she was well aware as anyone that Kalina had been through quite a lot, it was part of why Iberis did not feel inclined to hold much against her with the intenal struggles she faced and then Renee not all that long ago. It would be much more productive for her to support Kalina instead and just help her feel okay with herself.

iberis continued to listen to the discourse in the room between Kelsey and Shion with Kelsey's response. Nothing sounded too unreasonable for anyone, as well meaning as she knew the group that assembled here was, they were still ultimately outsiders in Widersia dealing with a dangerous situation. Kelsey, Morana, and Sverre, even the Baron didn't have any obligation to extend trust to any of them at the end of the day, and Kalina's dubious status which as more was revealed about her the less trust they really needed provide if it became apparent to them she was even just half monster.
Regardless Iberis did not have much to add to the ongoing exchanges Kalina was having.

Iberis also wasn't really sure where she fell into the mix, while she wasn't half monster she still had an undead leg which was far from usual that Audlich had bestowed upon her/ However as creepy has the visage he had bestowed upon her in her mind, it was actually a bit more comforting now, he had turned out to be a noble man even if he had used some less than ideal tactics to get there, it had been for the greater god Iberis knew this much with how much that group had sacrificed to stop that evil woman from ascending into Oll..Indeed Iberis now had a large storage of necromancery related wisdom in her mind.

In her own thoughts once more in her tired haze she perked up when Kelsey provided her some of the jelly and told her to eat.. "Thanks..Kelsey." She said with a small smile before she opened them up and began to diligently eat what she could there, at the very least it'd hopefully help her feel better. Iberis then listened to the follow up while she ate as Kelsey shared further thoughts.

"That sounds like a reasonable move forward in my opinion..given what we know." It not taking long of sitting after eating some and she was already looking slightly better than before just from the way she sat and spoke.

Cayde mumbled something as he flipped through his grimoire. Nothing too substantial about curses stood out except for a few passages regarding the use of healing and religion. Ceylan, he thought. He could handle this if he were here. But he wasn't. Ceylan was off doing... whatever wandering priests did. And well enough to almost have the title of bishop. He must've grown so much. "Focus..." Cayde told himself, shutting the book with an audible sigh. There'd be plenty of time to catch up when this was over. He'd just hoped it wasn't too late.

Coming back to the present, Cayde listened as Iberis spoke on necromancy. One thing she said caught his attention immediately. "Wait, you met a necromancer?!" He looked between Iberis and Scylla incredulously. First, Scylla spoke of "the land of the dead," and now Iberis had encountered someone of dark magic? Where was the academy sending these two? What could they've possibly learned there? Cayde shook his head, "A story for later, I guess. I'll tell you what I know," His eyes settled on Iberis, "From what I read, Light or Divine magic paired with religious knowledge is the most cookie-cutter method to break curses. So is a high proficiency in healing magic, but it requires that type of knowledge too," Cayde's voice grew hesitant, "There's also a method with darker, curse-oriented magics to transfer one person's curse onto another. I don't know how, but... it's an option,"

He sighed and rubbed at his temples, "As far as I know, we don't have any priests or paladins in this room. But Scylla, you do know some healing, right?" Cayde asked, turning to her, "It might not be enough to thoroughly cleanse the thrall, but Iberis said healing helps counter necromancy. And we know a piece of the thrall's curse is centered around that. So perhaps we could weaken it...? She might not be happy afterward, but maybe that'll present an opportunity to learn more about her master?" A risky strategy, Cayde thought. It'd need to be tweaked, but that's why everyone was here. Their input was essential.

As he awaited it, Cayde looked at Kelsey as she spoke. He shook his head slightly as she mentioned Morana. It sounded almost true. Surely, Morana could look at them with something more than just cooperation? "Well, even if she doesn't trust us, I hope she at least knows that we care," He said solemnly, "I've heard of what she puts in her body, and I've seen what it does to her. She doesn't deserve it. And while I may not be her provider... she needs something better," Then, as Kelsey gave her suggestion, Cayde looked to Shion, giving her a nod. She was great with people. He'd no doubt she'd excel here. "But back onto the topic of the tavern, I'd say we should go. Let's just finish up what we've going on, yeah?"

With all that said, his eyes covertly drew to the cabinet filled with rations. There were more of those jelly things? Well, it was alright the first time... "And one more thing," He pointed to Iberis jelly-pack, "Can I get another one...?"

Upon hearing Caydes suggestions, Scylla relaxed a bit. “Hm, yeah you’re right.” She said in an oddly serious voice. “I don’t have to prove anything. I simply need to trust my team.” She repeated in her own words, remembering that was how she usually got assignments memorized. “Thanks Cayde.” She said, before hissing a bit. “Ow ow ow!” She protested with a shrill whisper. “I forgot regular healing methods involve a bit of a sting!” When Cayde wrapped her hands, she watched silently as he spoke. When he was finished she sighed, “that’s it?” She said, before turning around.

“Right. So-“ then Kalina embraced her, the witch blinked a few times, in disbelief. She’d then softly embrace her back herself. “Oh. Public display of affection?” She giggled a bit but was cut short when Kalina then mentioned her inner conflict. She stuttered, “W-why I.. but of course I- well what I mean is that-“ she fought back a tiny little salty tear that wanted to escape her eye. But this wasn’t the time for that! No. Not leader like! “Of course I want to be the leader! But Kelsey took my title!” She pointed at the halffling while still embracing the vampire. “Give it back!” She protested. Then her eyes widened at Kalinas comment about finding herself, “I..” she started as she thought hard about her words. “..you’re right. How silly right? How does one not know themself?” She held her close again, before letting go. “You’re doing wonderfully, K.”

It wasn’t long before the conversation next to her traveled to the topic of necromancy, she was so eager to tell Cayde all the juicy details that transpired in the underworld. And how one named Hope and him would be the perfect date! However, instead she tapped her foot a bit anxiously as she listened and crossed her arms although she was excited.

When Cayde addressed her she stepped forward, “Yes, I do know a degree of healing. In fact! I know more than my fair share! There’s a whole library under this hat!” She giggled. “My ability will be more than enough, Cayde. Well. As far as healing goes! Oh how I’d love to move that curse to someone more fitting for it!” She glanced at Kelsey for a bit then looked away feigning confusion. “Anyway! I also know a bit of the darker stuff, don’t ask.. just know that I know! Might work might fail and if I fail then we need a plan B!”

“Wait! You like those jelly things?!” Scylla looked at Iberis and Cayde. “Why!!??”

She feigned a gag before shrugging and heading out the door. “To the tavern it is then! Maybe this town has a baker!”

zzzShion1.png
Shion's eyes widened a little when Scylla somberly asked her about her father. She didn't think Scylla could show such emotions, it caught her completely off guard to where she couldn't really respond for a moment. "Y-yes, I do." She managed to get out before listening to Scylla's brief excerpt on her own father. Her ears twitched slightly as she couldn't really offer any comfort while carrying Iberis back to the safe house. She'd try to make some effort to cheer the witch up later.

--

Shion was convinced she was never going to get along with Kelsey. She tried her best to reach out to her, and even if she was right, which she wasn't entirely certain, Kelsey didn't really attempt to meet her halfway. She even went out of her way to say that Morana's relationship with them wasn't worth anything either right now. She was beginning to see why Morana had such an antagonistic relationship with the halfling. Kelsey didn't even return her gesture for a handshake, despite Shion's efforts Morana was the only person she felt she might be able to connect with in this city. Good...easier to put it behind me when this is all over...

From now on, treat everything Kelsey says as if Shion is searching for lies and half-truths with Insight [F].

Shion's foul mood didn't last too long once she returned to listening to the conversations around the room. At the very least, she agreed with Kelsey's idea. "Yes, I think we should head to the tavern, it'd be good to find a suitable place to rest for the night."

She turned her attention towards Iberis, who had talked about searching her mind for knowledge on necromancy. "Once things have calmed down for the night, I suppose I could try my best to see what I can find. It sounds like we'll be able to cure the thrall with the right circumstances. I can also try this...data recovery thing with Sverre tomorrow before we get under way with the day's events."

Shion then turned to Cayde and couldn't help but chuckle. "Taken a liking to those rations, have you?" She teased a little, before overhearing Scylla's little outburst during her embrace with Chandra. Shion wanted to scold her about how turning Kelsey into a thrall would just mean they'd have to kill her instead of the other woman. But she figured she'd gotten onto her enough for the day, and it was likely an empty threat based on how she typically acted, so she simply sighed with a weak smile formed afterward. She couldn't help but continue feeling she'd stumbled upon such an interesting group with how vastly different every one of them was from each other while still being so close to one another.

Shion did however feel she wanted to try and make her feel a little better. So she spoke up.
"Scylla, just because Kelsey's a leader doesn't mean she's our leader. That position was never taken from you."

Once the group was on their way to the tavern, Shion would once again be the one carrying Iberis should she show any signs of struggling to walk.

Last edited:
Safe Room 002
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Safe Room 002
Time: 21:45 Weather Dark outside, some dim street-lights, wind howling, light drizzle
rinne-park-04.jpg

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

She'd listened to Cayde's suggestions, not interrupting save for a few points. “I know a few that might have the right magic, but either they're far off on a quest or they'd rather murder than save a thrall, so don't count on my network.” She shrugged at her reply regarding Morana. “If she let's you help her, that's probably a win-win situation, so I'd say give it your best shot.” Like the others, she was actually sort-off surprised he liked the jelly's. “Sure.” She tossed him another of it. “I can even tell you where we get them, if you want~” She added with a wink.

When Scylla hinted at turning her into a thrall, she flashed her (very plain and normal) teeth back. “If these ever turn into fangs, they'll be in your neck first~” She promised Scylla.

Try as she might, Shion wasn't able to make heads of tails of Kelsey. To the halfling, it was like deception, truth, banter and seriousness were so interwoven that it was never clear where one ended and the other started. The only time she'd really sounded fully sincere was when she'd expressed her loyalty towards Widersia. All other times, it was unclear.

Chandra Jarmil

It was odd. Scylla was still Scylla, but it felt like the longer she'd hugged, the closer to her actual feelings Kalina got. “At least we know that we don't know, right?” She answered on how silly it was not to know themselves. “It'd be worse if we only thought we knew...” It was almost tough letting go, but she smiled at the compliment. “If I'm doing well, then you're doing outstanding for sure.” Truthfully, she believed neither of them were doing well, but there was no need to bring that up.

“I ehh... can take over, for a bit. It's my fault, after all.” She asked as they were heading down the shopping district with Iberis potentially being carried and/or supported by Shion. The latter not having any type of Super-Strength and having general Strength E alone would start feeling her arms grow tired, especially having brought Iberis to the safehouse already. She still felt guilty.

Droid's Row
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Droid's Row
Time: 22:10 Weather Dark, rainy, cold
ugwBQDn.jpg

The street at which the tavern was located was an odd one. It was a shopping street, but clearly one in a poorer part of town. Right now, this late in the evening, there were barely any people around. “There's your bakery, although it's long closed by now.” Kelsey pointed at a building. Most of them were closed this late into the night. “That's where they sell those rations.” She pointed towards another building, an oddly small store in width but very deep, like a very long hallway with shelves to both sides. Finally, they stopped before a tavern, which she led the others into.

The Rusted Booze
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Droid's Row – Bar - The Rusted Booze
Time: 22:15
yongjia-final01.jpg

“Welcome to the Rusted Nooze!” She spoke up, as she showed them into the small tavern. There were some decorations, a fireplace, a bar and some stairs to an upper floor in the back. There were a few people there, but only two of them stood out. One of them greeted them upon arrival.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

“Finally. I was starting to wonder if I shouldn't just come after you myself.” She knew that they couldn't talk too much in the open, but she was still curious. “Did everything go well?”

Theron
k1cqAPw.png

latest

The only other person that stood out was a gruff looking dwarf with an odd device strapped to his arm. He was smoking a cigar at the bar, with some hefty looking booze next to him. Upon seeing the group enter, he spoke up. “First Fromm's Hound shows up with a Marshall that has a few screws loose, literally, now we've got the Queen of Perversion herself showing up with a most peculiar company? It's surely going to be a party in here.”

“You'd be the first one getting forced to lick my feet, should I be made queen~” Kelsey replied to the Dwarf without missing a beat. “That's Theron, leader of the Vampire Hunters.” She wasn't really expecting to run into him and be greeted like this immediately, but alas, what was done was done. It was up to the rest to see if they could make a better first impression. Or they could chose not to do so, perhaps.

After hearing Scylla's input, Cayde smiled. It was good to see her rebound so quickly from after the thrall. Nothing ever got her down. "Great! So it's settled. If we go with the healing plan, you'll be in charge," Then, pausing to consider the second option further, he looked around at each party member. Passing the curse onto anyone sounded cruel enough. Giving it to someone here was utterly unacceptable. But maybe it didn't have to go to someone. "Hmm, the book did say curses could be moved from one thing to another..." Cayde said curiously, "Perhaps we could move it onto something instead of someone?" He snapped his fingers, "Or we could try both methods. Weaken the curse with healing first, then pass it onto an object. Maybe that could work." Cayde nodded, yet his brows still furrowed underneath his mask. There was still so much he didn't know. A meeting with the vampire hunters could fix that.

As he caught another pack, Cayde began to remove his mask. "Ah, thanks a bunch, Kelsey," He said, quickly prying open the container, "And sure, wouldn't hurt to know what I'm putting inside my body," With a few big gulps, he made quick work of the jelly, sighing contentedly. He was right. It was as good as the first time. As the flavor sat on his tongue, he shifted his attention to Shion. "Heh, well, it isn't fried cockatrice, but it gets the job done," Cayde replied playfully. It'd been a while since he'd eaten that. Petryfyingly good, he remembered hearing. They hit that on the spot.

Next was Scylla, a devious grin spreading on Cayde's face. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to mess around a little. "Oh, it's not that bad, Scylla," He shrugged flippantly, "Just think of it as slurping up a slime, yeah? Has an amazing mouthfeel. You should try it!" But before Cayde could beckon to Kelsey to toss him another, he heard Shion re-affirm Scylla's leadership. For a moment, he looked between Kelsey and Scylla. Was Kelsey making her this competitive? Perhaps he needed to add something, too. "But in all seriousness, though," Cayde said, clasping his hands together, "Remember that Kelsey's only been with us for a bit, Scylla. You've been here since the very start. And look at how far we've gotten," He gestured to the room, "We did all this with you as our leader. Nothing'll ever change that,"

With that, Cayde followed as the party went to the tavern. He stopped to survey the building Kelsey pointed out, eyeing the shelves. It felt odd. A lot of food, maybe. Not many options. Better than nothing, he supposed. The folk in the Underbelly would've killed for this. Literally. But after that, it was an easy trip to the tavern. Cayde stepped inside and looked around, his eyebrows raising. Where were the vampire hunters? Or Sverre? Or the Baron? Were they asleep? Did constructs even need to sleep?

Then, his eyes moved to Morana. "Good to see you again, Morana," Cayde gave her a friendly smile. She still seemed just as eager as before. "I'd say so. Learned a bunch, too." He looked past her as Theron spoke, hearing Kelsey give the dwarf a 'proper' introduction. He rolled his shoulders as he stepped forward. A little formality wouldn't hurt, "Takes a while to get used to her, right?" Cayde extended a hand, "A pleasure to meet you, sir. I'm Cayde. Behind me are Chandra, Shion, Iberis, Sophia, and our leader Scylla," His eyes darted to the gadget on Theron's arm. It looked completely foreign to him. "Cool handiwork you've got there. What's it do?"

As he awaited an answer, Cayde took another glance around the room, "And one more thing, if you don't mind. Baron Fromme told us all the hunters would be here. Where is everyone?"

Scylla would perk up at Caydes approval. “Totally!” She agreed, “All we have to do now is find a teddy bear and haunt the inanimate thing with the curse and watch it become this cute and cuddly blood sucking thing!” She giggled, and elbowed Cayde a bit. “You’re a total genius!”

Then a more heartwarming flow of comments about Scyllas worthiness, which nearly made her tear up then and there. But no.. not leader like to cry! “I.. You really think I- I mean, yes! I’m most humbled by all of your lovely words. I hope to keep serving to the best of my ability! Mhm, and Kelsey.. you hear that? I’m leader again! BOOYA! Shorty!” She winked, before giving her a hiss and a fierce look.

She was quickly disgusted by Caydes imagery of what the goo stuff tasted like, she had a weird thing about textures, she almost threw up in her mouth, it was audible and she brought a hand to her mouth. “That’s not funny! I’ll totally hurl my cake! That’s absolutely disgusting! Never ever put that anywhere near me! Ew ew ew!”

Scylla shuddered at the display of dull teeth. “R-right. Not a good idea I suppose. I’m sure you’d like that a little too much.” She muttered, a bit unapologetically. Perhaps it was the little contest she appeared to be feeling or perhaps her leader like instincts were simply malfunctioning. Perhaps a bit of both.

Chandras intuition was totally on point, she usually kept anyone from getting too close both literally and metaphorically. Embraces easily made her crumble like a cookie. Which she made sure to usually steer clear of, but this was a surprise and well, she had no choice.

Scylla would have likely begun to purr, but she broke the embrace right away and awkwardly tapped the vampires shoulders a bit bashfully. “Y-yes of course. I’m positive we will find our way. Well. At least what remains of my humanity believes so.” She smiled quickly before kissing her own finger and pressing her finger on Chandras cheek. “Chin up, K!”

As the party walked through the town, and mention of the bakery being closed, Scylla whimpered, “AW!! B-b-b-b-but why?!” She fell behind a little bit looking at the bakery with watery eyes. “You.. fiends!” She muttered before following after the others. “Hey wait up!”

Once inside the Rusted Nooze she happily walked up to Morana. “Hey you! Missed me?” The witch would curtsy and nearly went in for a hug but quickly stopped herself in her tracks. “Heh, heh, right. Boundaries.” She pursed her lips a bit before addressing the other more burly type.

“Kelsey, my word!” She gasped at the halfflings remark before addressing Theron, “Why, you’re absolutely charming sir Theron.” Shed curtsy again, but this time lost her footing and stumbled forward a bit, bumping her head against his on accident. “Ow! Ow! OW!” She got up quickly, a bruise on her forehead. “Are you okay Mr. Theron? My most thorough apologies!!” She rubbed her arm a bit before then rubbing his forehead a bit, albeit quickly before stepping back with an embarrassed chuckle.

Iberis Odhir

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong The Last Curse The Last Curse Sharena Sharena Silent Angel Silent Angel

She perked up when Cayde made the assertion that she met a necromacner, which was true, truthfully it was much more know than just knowing him..when he said it was a story for later she nodded, "Yeah, you could say that I've talked to with necromancer before." She confirmed.
Sometime afte that dialogue and of Iberis listening she, giggled some at Scylla's comment about the jelly and Cayde's subsequent embleishments targeted at Scylla with the reaction she gave. Truthfully they weren't bad compared to what she had to eat on the street, and she wasn't really one to be picky or complain about any food that came her way since from a young age she wasn't always sure when the next meal would come her way, if she hadn't been so distracted earlier she probably would have partaken. If anything she was more eating them to hopefully raise her stamina some and get back on track faster with how she was feeling.

From that point on she listened to most of the conversations going on in the room that she could without a ton to add herself personally, glad that it seemed they were in agreement that heading for a place to rest seemed like a good idea. She had already reaffirmed that Scylla was still their leader so it was nice to hear that others continued to reassure her too.

Iberis acknowledged Shion's confirmation that it was something she could possibly try, which was good to hear, and she felt that she had warned her at least appropriately that there might be some not great things inside her head too she might encounter should she try.
---
Iberis didn't say too much when Shion helped her on their journey to the new resting site. All she could really hope at this point was that they would find this tavern a safe place to stay the night and that Kelsey was a sincere ally even if some of her words were dubious at times , as much as the people saw the group as outsiders to them Iberis couldn't help but view them through the same lens as outsiders to the group who was working together for Kalina.

She did look around at everything and give Shion some more smiles then and again, before she let out a bit of a soft, "Thanks. again.I really appreciate it." She also took notice of the strange environment while buildings were pointed out that were of interested on their way there. Feeling a bit bad for Scylla that the bakery wasn't open at this later time, after all that effort she really did deserve something sweet.

"This Architecture really is something huh?" She said to no one in particular. She then heard Kalina say she could take over, looking to her before she then looked to Shion. She was perfectly okay either way depending on what the pair agreed upon. Thankfully she was looking moderately better than before, but still not perfect by any means. She'd really need a good drink too no doubt to rehydrate.

She looked on the inside of the Rusted Rooze curiously.as Kelsey introduced them to the space. " And thanks for the bit of a tour there Kelsey.." She said earnestly.

She did take note similar to Cayde that there was a lack of people insight who they might have hoped to see. On the plus side Morana was there who was asking how things had gone and all things considered it had gone rather well as far as Iberis was concerned.

"Yeah I'd say it went pretty well..we have a good set up in place." she said to Morana figuring others could fill in the details as needed, seeing Scylla break the personal space and back up was a surprise, normally Scylla would have just gone for it in Iberis's mind but this was probably for the best since they had already found out how Morana felt about random hugs.

Thankfully they quickly found out they were hearing from the leader of the hunters which was good too, she couldn't say she had quite been expecting a dwarf to have the role.

After Cayde's introduction she nodded, "Mhm, Iberis Odhir here at your service." Leaning onto her staff a bit with a slight bow.

Indeed Cayde raised a good point where was the other hunters and Mr. S?

Not long after that the bad news was that their leader then proceeded to partake in an unplanned meeting of heads.

"Are you okay Scylla, Theron?" Iberis asked looking a bit alarmed at thatShe hoped that Scylla hadn't hurt herself and that dwarves had hard heads, any questions or further introduction she had in mind stymied by this unexpected change of events.

zzzShion1.png

Shion couldn't help but sigh at Scylla's assertion towards Kelsey after they encouraged Scylla's position as their leader. She wanted to speak up once again, but no, she would wait until tomorrow to start offering her wisdom to the witch again.

As they started to leave, Shion's ears twitched as she heard something peculiar from Cayde.

"Fried cockatrice? Color me intrigued, Cayde, I'd love to try some someday." Shion stated her interest as she carried Iberis out the door. "And let's just stick to removing the curse, huh? Last thing we need is the curse accidentally winding up on one of us."

--

Shion smiled at Iberis as she thanked her. She could help but chuckle. "It's no trouble Iberis, I'm happy to assist. You were very brave back there." Shion kept the fact she might've compromised everything if Cayde's thoughts hadn't calmed her enough to not instinctually react to Iberis ending up in a state of perceived danger. When Iberis pointed out the architecture Shion took a quick glance around, but she didn't say anything because she had nothing nice to say about it. No reason to spark any stress in the girl for a superfluous statement, sounding like a broken record about this place will do no one any good...especially since we gain allies that I am less and less confident saying such things around.

As they were passing the bakery, Chandra offered to take over carrying Iberis. It was true, Shion was beginning to feel it since she had only about half an hour before picking the girl up again. The kitsune shook her head at the woman.

"Chandra, are you asking me because you want to help, or because you still feel bad about what happened? Because if you still feel guilty, then the answer is no. You have nothing to atone for, show some confidence that your plan succeeded and then some with knowledge that just might save that woman, and all it costed was Iberis-who has already forgiven you-needing a good night's rest and a hearty meal. Two things that shouldn't be difficult to provide." Shion smiled at the vampire, her breathing heavier than usual.

"Take it from this ancient, proud mutt you found: it took courage to do what you did today, and your friends were bolstered by that. Stand by their conviction, after all..." Shion looked at Iberis with a smile. "They stood by yours."

She hoped using Chandra's faked insults earlier would help lighten her mood some, and hopefully she got through to her somewhat. She hadn't known her as long as anyone else here, but she admired her desire to be better than what the world deemed her. If Shion could help strengthen that ideal, much like she tried to be better, then she would. If she managed to get through to Chandra, she would happily hand Iberis off to her.

--

Even this place of rest has to be so artificial...a small frown appeared on Shion's face as they entered the establishment before addressing those waiting on them.

"Good to see you, Morana. Where's Sverre?" Shion asked curiously once they were in the tavern, figuring it'd be hard to miss the great metal mass that Shion still didn't quite like being around. She then heard Theron speak up, and then Cayde helped with introductions while she and Chandra helped Iberis find a place to sit...and then Scylla made a rather headstrong impression on the dwarf and she couldn't help but mentally sigh.

"A pleasure, Theron. As Cayde stated, I am Shion." She placed a hand on her chest and gave a light bow to him.

Last edited:
Sophia Smith

sample-e25e620a4ac0f2f48f2b6f686977373b.png

Sophia's eyes were downturned after working through the night on the hand. It was... annoying, having to work that fast, but she had completed the job. She wasn't exactly happy that she had to spend so much time on work when she enjoyed sleep, with her regeneration being the only reason she was still this cognizant. However, she completed her job, and would be excited for an actual good nights sleep on the next day. She walked with the group, a frown plain on her face as she forced herself to keep her eyes open as she walked into the building of the vampire hunters.

She looked over their leader, no small bit of annoyance in her mind, and possibly showing on her face, but that could also be attributed to the sleep deprivation. These guys, if they had done their job correctly, would have kept Kalina away from this place and thus, she wouldn't have had to go through her trauma once more. However, she also wouldn't have opened up to Sophia, but at the same time, Sophia would prefer her friend not suffering in the first place.

"Hey."

The Rusted Booze
Time: 22:25
yongjia-final01.jpg
Mentions: Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Shion Sharena Sharena | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

Chandra Jarmil

It felt like her undead heart almost started beating for a second, when Scylla suddenly became far more adorable. The finger-kiss was an odd thing, which made her wonder... Should she? Probably. Yes. A sign of close affection, one not tainted by a desire to drink blood. That's what she should go for. Unless Scylla would withdraw or otherwise look like she'd not want it, Kalina would lean in and place a gentle kiss on the witches' cheek. “There, I'm fairly sure that's how they're supposed to work~ Far better than through fingers~” She'd tease the witch. Yes, this was probably how things worked. She could do this. Be someone that showed affection without monster desires... or could she? After all, she did feel a slight desire when she'd gotten close to the witches' neck... Ugh. She shook her head. This wasn't getting anywhere, not like this. “We'll definitely find our ways, as we've got each-other and our other friends to guide us, right?” She'd finally say. Yes, that's probably what she needed. Perhaps she should just ask the others what they thought would make her a monster or not. In time. In time she'd ask them.

As for the Iberis-carrying-duty, she was a bit taken aback by Shion's reply. “Both...” She admitted. She wanted to help and she felt guilty alike, she wasn't sure where one started end the other ended. “It's not that part that I worry about it's...” Well, she'd just made up her mind to ask. So... Should she already do so? She looked around. The streets seemed empty and quiet enough, at least. “I'm just worried... worried about which feelings are mine, which are a monsters. Which things I enjoy are 'me' and which are the monster in me. That's... that's what I fear. Which parts of what I feel and do I should allow to happen and which I shouldn't, which I should get rid off and which I'd be allowed to keep... I know I don't want to be a monster, but after seeing people like Sophia exist, I'm even more confused... She keeps saying she loves it all, but I'm still not sure which parts of me are the real monster... Then... it's also tough... to know what my feelings are, for others, I think... I'm sorry. My head's still a mess.” That did not at all go smoothly. Still, there was one thing she figured she could say with confidence. Or at least, she'd try to do so, to lighten the mood a bit, even though she'd sound too sincere to sound like she was teasing. “Although one thing I do know, carrying Iberis would be a privilege, not a burden!”

That said, Shion's joke didn't even really land at first. Kalina's mind was clearly on the serious [Critical] mode right now, in particular towards herself. “Thank you, I'm really glad we ran into you. Although my conviction hasn't changed, I still want to see if I can be changed, it's just that I'm no longer sure which parts of me need changing. How much of it needs to go, how much of it could stay... Things like that.” That's when the earlier mutt joke landed. “Although I'm fairly confident I know that enjoying the softness of thou heavenly fur isn't monstrous, so there's one thing~ If I'd ever call you a mutt for real, I'd be a lost cause for sure!” Her mood had slightly bettered. She was still conflicted, just a tad bit more confident they'd pull through. Somehow.

[Critical] - Character has an easier time finding fault with anything and anyone. They are less likely to be caught speechless or without an opinion.

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

“How'd you know those were made of slimes?” She asked when Cayde compared drinking the jelly to slurping up a slime. Her tone of voice didn't have the slightest hint as to whether or not she was kidding.

The notion of people continually reassuring Scylla she was in charge got her to grin. Especially as the girl herself kept going on about it as well. “Miss, you have me perplexed~ How could someone of such magnificent leadership end up having felt so threatened by a few little suggestions of mine? Do you, per chance, feel like you're not actually doing a good enough job to be so insecure?” She said with a wink. “No worries girl, I don't need to lead. I just want to get a job done. You do you, I'll do me.”

That said, she couldn't help laugh a bit at Scylla's dramatic scene in front of the closed bakery. “They'll open again in the morning. At 7:00 sharp! You'll have another chance.” She stated to console their magnificent 'leader' a bit.

She also chuckled at Iberis' words. “You're welcome for the tour, but trust me if I'd say I'd rather tour folk through the shire. It's the nicer part of Widersia. Beautiful nature, good food, good drinks, decent folk. The parts you'll want to protect.” (To Shion, who'd be spamming her insight, this sounded slightly more sincere than usual, if only for a short moment.) “Anyhow, you're getting me jealous girl~ I'd like my own carrier service as well!” She couldn't abstain from commenting on Iberis being carried around just like that.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

Scylla would see Morana get ready for an 'hug' of hers, except with a clawed combat arm that would probably make a hug with her one of the sharpest most painful hugs ever. Likely on purpose. “Oh my, you learned about boundaries? You went through a lot of personal growth in my absence.” She stated, legitimately surprised. Then she turned to Cayde. “Good to see you again as well, sir.” She was still at his command, for better or worse. “I'm glad to hear things went well.” She replied to Shion, Cayde and Iberis.

Theron
k1cqAPw.png

latest

“Yep, Theron, that's me, nice to...” He started, only to suddenly get headbutted by Scylla. Within seconds, the device on his arm found its way to Scylla's stomach, ready to pierce through her guts, but as she got up and apologised, he relaxed again. Then laughed. “Well, that's one way to introduce yourself. You got a sturdy feeling skull girl, could be an honourable Dwarf.” He joked, but then his features changed a bit. “Although you'd best be careful. I nearly assumed you were some hidden monster trying to assassinate you and was ready to finish you off for a second. Folk in my profession are quick to attack or they'll die young. Considering my age is getting there...” He hinted at the fact it'd been a really close call or Scylla had gotten some first-hand experience with the full brunt of that device on his arm.

He then stood up, accepting Cayde's handshake. “Theron, nice to meet you.” As for his weapon, he smirked. “Let's just say you wouldn't want this stuff in your system if you're a monster. The rest is a trade-secret.” Cayde might be able to learn more from it, but he'd have to observe it from up close, which would mean leaning into the Dwarf's arm at the moment either during the handshake or after. Both might be awkward.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

“Sverre's in there. Don't ask me why.” She told Cayde and Shion, pointing to a broom closet.

“My colleges are sleeping or getting ready to sleep. It's getting late, after all.” Theron added, then grumpily added. “Although there's only three of us. Quality over quantity and all that. You're making it sound like Fromm told you to expect an army.”

Theron replied Iberis with a bit of a nod. “Aren't you a polite young lady.” He grinned. “Although you look like you could use a pint of ale or two...” He joked, although he did seem to seriously wonder what'd gotten her to seem so weakly. “Anyhow, I'm about to call it a day as well. Once the booze is finished and the cigar burned up.”

As he talked, the barkeep walked up to the others.

Methystos
aN7NiFO.jpg

“Welcome to the Rusted Booze, I'm Methystos, the owner. Sorry I wasn't here to great you. I was just checking up on one of the rooms... Anyhow, can I get you anything to drink? Or would you like to check in for the night as well? I have some beds left. Three unused beds in the room the Vampire Hunters are staying at, those would all be bunk-beds, so one of you would have to sleep above mister Theron here.”

The Dwarf shrugged. Not seeming to mind it too much.

“We normally don't have a lot of guests though, so the other two rooms I have left right now would be a bit... unconventional, perhaps, if you'd wish to stay here. We have two suits we normally rent out to recently married couples, each with a single large double-bed. I'll admit I occasionally rent it out for larger groups that don't mind the lack of privacy and just need a good bed for the night. Of course, you'd also be welcome to just put down sleeping mats in there, should you have them. Either way, I charge per room, so it won't affect the cost.” He listed off, in a manner that suggested he'd made similar deals in the past, for shady or not-so-shady reasons.

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

“Or!” Kelsey interrupted, looking at Sophia. “I know a place we could get into, get me a new hand. It'd be half a night's work, but it'd be worth it~ Well, for me, at least, although I could think of ways to make it more worthy of your time as well~” She'd add the last sentence with a wink. If they were to do so, Sophia would be able to enter the tavern even later at night (around 3:00), but she'd be able to get the job done in time and still get some sleep, which (with regeneration helping her out) would probably be enough.

Last edited:

zzzShion1.png
"Hold out your arms." Shion instructed of Chandra before proceeding to transfer Iberis over to the vampire's as she let out a sigh of relief.

"I am glad you've calmed down some, otherwise I might've also given out by the time we got to the tavern. Last thing I need is for you to feel sorry about both of us." Shion chuckled a bit, thinking she would've made it just fine, but she might not have been much better off than Iberis if she had carried her so much. Plus she thought it would genuinely do Chandra a bit of good, even if she didn't want reinforce any notions of atonement Chandra might have been wanting.

She smirked when the comment about her fur came. "At least you claim such with confidence, I'd be worried about letting you do it again otherwise."

Shion's arms rested behind her back as they walked, staying close to Chandra and Iberis in case she needed to help, although she doubted it. Eventually she spoke up again. "Chandra, finding out who we are can take our entire lives sometimes. I've fortunately lived long enough I was able to start viewing myself more critically and strove to be better. Not everyone has that luxury, but one thing I can say...if you ever need an ear to listen to you work out exactly who you are, I'm willing to listen."

She leaned forward a bit and turned her torso some so she could meet Chandra's gaze with her smile with minimal effort on the vampire's part while they walked. It gave a pretty good view at Shion's bare skin for both the vampire and the mage too before she walked upright again. "That offer goes to you too, Iberis. I'll even do it without a blood playment."

Shion's elbow nudged Chandra's shoulder as she chuckled, hoping the vampire would take the jape in good faith.

--

There's a shire here?! Goddamnit, why did the vampire have to pick this area of Widersia to cause trouble? Here I was thinking the nearest forests were miles away considering what Iberis and the others told me, now I hate this place even more. The revelation that Shion could've avoided so much of her discomfort if the vampire just decided she wanted to cause trouble in a different part of the same country seriously irked her for two reasons. One was that she could be there instead of here, and two was because it actually made her agree with Kelsey that she'd much rather spend her time and energy there. After a few moments however, Shion managed to calm down internally. She sighed outwardly, seeming unaware she had done so.

There's no good letting such juvenile emotions overtake me. I know full well the world doesn't revolve around my desires. Still...to think I must suffer a place like this when something infinitely more preferable is so close...rather cruel for me to be dropped here. Shion shook her head in her own thoughts. Then again, it hasn't been all bad...her thoughts became more positive as she looked to most of the people she'd met since arriving here. I wouldn't have met all of these people first...who knows if my reception would've been necessarily better elsewhere.

Shion returned to the conversation at hand as she finally started registering some key information as her head turned towards the broom closet Morana had pointed out. All of her thoughts ceased momentarily as she struggled to find a viable reason he'd be in there. She tried to start a statement a couple times, her mouth opening each time, so it was clear to anyone looking at her she was attempting to find reason where there truly may have been none, eventually she just chuckled. "That is...at least he's okay."

That was the best her mind had managed in her mild stupor. She then turned her attention to Theron inquiring about Iberis' condition.

"There was a small mishap before we came here and it left Iberis a bit lightheaded. She'll be fine once she gets a good meal and sound sleep." Shion said with a smile to Theron. It was an easy enough explanation that didn't require any details those that didn't need to know didn't need and without any lies necessary.

Then the bartender came over and explained the bedding situation to the group. Shion looked around the room to those that weren't spoken for, folding her arms and closing her eyes. She thought through everything carefully, thinking of what would potentially be a sound proposition for everyone that would cause the least trouble. After a few moments of thought, Shion's head raised while opening her eyes. Kelsey offering a secluded location for her and Sophia helped solidify her idea.

"I have a proposal then." She tried to get everyone's attention. "Hopefully this arrangement will work best for everyone. It'd probably be best for Iberis to take one of the suites, she could do with the nicer bed. I'd like to accompany her too, as I stated back at the safehouse I'd like to see what I can find within the depths of her mind tonight, that way we won't have to worry about it tomorrow and I can focus on Sverre. I can explain more tomorrow, Morana, I'll need your assistance from the sounds of it." Shion looked at the steampunk cyborg for a moment before looking to Chandra with a gesture to her, Sophia, and the witch.

"Chandra, I think you, Scylla, and Sophia should take the other suite. If I remember right, I overheard Sophia saying she wanted to talk to both of you at some point, and surely someone here can lend one of you a mat. Once Sophia's done working with Kelsey, she'd have a nice, comfy bed to help rest off the extra work she's putting in tonight too from the sounds of it. In more ways than one. If she doesn't feel like talking tonight, she'd have the morning to sort out whatever she needed with you two." Shion didn't say it aloud, but she glanced Morana's way again hoping she'd realize Scylla being in the suite meant the witch would have minimal chance bugging her for the near future. Luckily they already avoided one incident with Scylla avoiding the worst hug she'd ever gotten.

"That would leave the bunks to Cayde, Morana, and Kelsey once she'd finished with Sophia. Sverre...does he even need sleep?" Shion genuinely didn't understand how his kind worked, but if he did, that might cause issues in her suggestion.

"That's the best I can think up without causing too much headache." Her posture relaxed as she shrugged her shoulders. The only thing she was going to push for was her and Iberis getting one of the suites, Iberis needed one of the nicer beds more than anyone else here. If she had her kitsune form she wouldn't even need a bed, but as things currently were she did, and she had no issues sharing with Iberis, so it made logical sense to her too why she'd just be in there with her since she also wanted to peer into her mind. It also sounded like Sophia would have no objections to sharing a room with Chandra based on current evidence, and Scylla seemed quite close to them too.

Last edited:

Upon learning that Sverre was there, Cayde's attention was drawn to the broom closet. A few puzzled thoughts ran inside his head. It was already strange that he hadn't even come to greet Scylla. So what was Sverre doing in there? "Weird..." He thought, glancing at Shion for her reaction. Her face looked perplexed. She didn't have an answer for this either. Cayde shrugged, his eyes still trained on the door. Maybe Sverre really was sleeping. Or perhaps he'd just wanted some alone time. It'd been a long day - he'd been through so much. He deserved just a bit of solitude."I guess that's fine. He's safer in there, too," He relaxed, moving his gaze back to Theron, "I'll check up on him later. Just to be safe, y'know?"

Cayde found the news about the vampire hunters a bit more comforting. Their small numbers were a good sign. Finding the overarching problem would be slightly easier. But he noticed Theron hadn't taken too well revealing that. Must've hit a soft spot on that one. Nothing a little honesty couldn't solve. "Oh, sorry, I wasn't thinking that at all," Cayde said, quickly bowing his head, "It's just many of my endeavors have been with small groups of friends. Never really worked with any kind of official faction before. I don't really know what to expect, to be honest," He nodded, straightening his posture, "But everyone's a teacher, yeah? I'm sure I'll get to learn something from you. Maybe like how to take a headbutt so darn well."

As that came to a close, Cayde watched as Methystos approached, listing off the sleeping arraignments. His ears perked up. It'd been so long since he'd slept in a real bed. There was nothing but tree branches and bedrolls out in the wilderness. A nice, soft mattress sounded wonderful. "Sounds perfect to me," He raised his hand as Shion finished her proposal, "I'll take the bunk above Theron," Then, he pointed to the bedroll hanging off his pack, "One of you can borrow my bedroll if you'd like. Just washed it with lavender the other day. Just let me know whatever makes you feel most comfortable,"

That only left four people. Cayde looked at Kelsey next. Scratch that, he thought. Kelsey would find somewhere to sleep. It didn't seem hard for her to do so. Then, he turned to Iberis and Scylla. She'd have a place to sleep, but that accident earlier was a bit concerning. And with Iberis, she'd need rest more than anyone. He could help with both. "Ah, and Scylla, if your head's still hurting after that, I could craft something for you," He nodded to Iberis, "Same goes for you, Iberis. Just reach out if you've got any trouble sleeping, alright?"

Finally, he looked to Morana. "Oh, and Morana, where would you prefer?" A simple question to give her opinion, he hoped.

Moranas comment had made the witch blink a bit, then squinted at her suspiciously, twirling a finger. “Are you calling me dumb?” She asked, before pointing at her chest. “Hey what’s that?” [Persuasion F] then would boop her on the forehead. “Oops!” She snickered, before winking and blowing her a kiss.

The witch would have attempted to get away if it wasn’t for the fact that Kalina was downright forward now, and mind you, a bit daring too! She stood there, a looking at the pale vampire a bit blankly as she puckered her lips and planted a kiss on her cheek. Her lips felt cold, however, perhaps it was that she was a half demon. Likely giving the vampire a few points in the fact that she was undead. Scylla whimpered, “oh.. n-now you’ve done it!” She said as she fluttered her eyelashes and danced a bit like a ballerina, spinning in place before falling to her knees and putting her hands over her heart. “Thou hath nearly captivated this witches heart. I beg you don’t imprison me with love!”

Then suddenly the pang on her forehead returned.

Scylla would rub her head a bit, then gasped when the dwarf drew his weapon. “N-now now.. it was an accident! Please understand I’m an academic! My feet totally ache in these slippers. Don’t make me show you my fee-“ then the dwarf explained himself a bit, much to Scyllas relief. “I.. well, you flatter me.” She giggled, “I must be quite intimidating if you believe pretty little me could be a monster!” She showed him her teeth by faking a fierce look. “How about now? Grrr!!”

She’d hear Shion, turning over to her and then towards Sophia. She generally ignored the owner, only picking up on the bed situation and the fact that they were actually sleeping!

The witch would look over to Cayde who offered a bed roll. “Heavens- err.. I mean.. hells no! Are you kidding?! I haven’t slept on a comfy cozy yummy bed in.. well.. I think about three months now.” She pondered. “Jeez.. my professor is probably worried sick about me. He just sent me out to pick up a flower! Hum.. there’s probably a big old stack of assignments waiting for me when I get back.” She frowned, her anxiety clearly mounting but she’d soon sweep those thoughts under the rug. “Oh well! We’ll just say I logged in my field work hours for the entire year!” She giggled.

She quickly took Sophia by the claw, “Shion is totally right! We have a lot to catch up on!” She giggled, “Maybe we can get under the sheets and tell spooky stories too!” Looking over at Kalina, “What do you say miss Chandra? We might have to all squeeze into one bed though?” She asked, naively.

Last edited:
Iberis Odhir
Elvario Elvario The Last Curse The Last Curse Sharena Sharena RavenSong RavenSong Silent Angel Silent Angel

Hearing Kalina's confliction certainly didn't feel the best, since she wanted her to feel okay, but hearing her say it'd be a privilege to carry her was certainly interesting it seemed like a compliment at least, and presuming Kalina accepted she was transferred over to her for the rest of the carrying.

She nodded at Shion when she heard her offer to lend an ear, causing her to smile a bit, "Thanks." She couldn't help but feel safe around Shion as time had gone on with her intentions seeming good. And she had also said some insightful things to Kalina to top it all off.

She smiled a bit at what Kelsey had to say as well regarding the tour comment.
---
With Morana she gave a nod, glad that she seemed to be satisfied with their reply at least outwardly, it wasn't always very easy to tell with her. "Yeah I guess you could say that.." She'd then giggle a bit at what Theron had to say with the ale comment.

"Thanks for not...shanking my friend there, I can tell you definitely have experience." She followed up with, figuring a compliment wouldn't hurt with how fast he reacted.

She then looked to Methystos who appeared, "No problem, nice to meet you too, I'm Iberis." She then listened to him detailing the room situation. Thankfully it seemed the others were opinionated on the subject.

Shion was the first to share their opinion so Iberis listened to her next, turning to look at her. Spending a night in the Suite with Shion? That didn't sound bad by any means. Usually Iberis wouldn't go out of her way to impose her desire for a bed over anyone else but she was rather frail at the moment.

"If it's okay with everyone else, I'm okay taking the room with Shion." She decided to roll with it. Shion's reasoning was solid enough for her between it probably being better for her to have it

Even after saying that though she did give a smile toward Cayde at him offering the bedroll to anyone who may have needed or wanted one. She did giggle some at Scylla's response once again at the bed offer, just as she found herself finding Scylla's monster interpretation to be incredibly adorable. It did however make her think about course work, but frankly she'd been through so much it hadn't been on her mind in quite some time, this was a much more important.

"Yeah..there's probably some academy stuff I should get to when this is all said and done.." Which wasn't an issue for Iberis as she really did adore the stuff, like a sponge taking up whatever the'd offer her.

She gave a nod with another smile to Cayde. "I appreciate the offer, I'll make sure to let you know if I think I need it."

Iberis looked over at Scylla not quite expecting her to suggest that those three were in the same bed together, everything she said was quite innocent in actuality but given the suggestive tone that kept cropping up occasionally it was somewhat hard to read it that way. As Iberis had been talking through, her sentences were a bit more mellow, reflecting her being more tired than usual.

Sophia Smith

sample-e25e620a4ac0f2f48f2b6f686977373b.png

Sophia tilted her head towards the halfling. "To be honest, I don't tend to mix work and play. Only for very specific people." She hummed to herself as she mulled over the idea, not a fan of having less sleep, but deciding it might be for a worthy cause. "Well, I'd be up to helping you out, I guess." She paused before leaning in and whispering to the halfling, "Though, if you want to make it worth my while, I think there's someone else who might want a taste of you more than me~" She stuck out her tongue before finally saying, "Anyways, show me to my temporary workspace, if you would be so kind~"

The Rusted Booze
Time: 22:35
yongjia-final01.jpg
Mentions: Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Shion Sharena Sharena | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

Chandra Jarmil

Truthfully, having carried Iberis was probably better for Kalina herself than it'd been for Iberis. Upon seeing the witch was still able to relax near her... as in, 'in her arms' kind of near her, she was able to push out some of the many doubts she had towards herself. After all, it meant Iberis was currently not seeing her as a blood-hungry monster, at the very least. Together with Shion offering some comforting words, it slowly steered her out of her downwards spiral of self-doubt, even though she still didn't have an answer to her questions. “I might take you up on that, sometimes soon.” Was all she'd have replied to Shion.

However, upon carefully putting Iberis down in the Rusted Booze she'd whisper “Thank you.” to Iberis. Perhaps a bit weird, but she was genuinely feeling better now, so it was the natural thing to do. “Carrying you is almost as nice as cuddling you, so let me know if you ever need another lift~ Unlike our Keeper of the Sacred Fluff suggests, doing so is a reward enough on its own.” She couldn't help counter Shion's earlier blood payment joke with a sort-off but also sort off not joke of her own.

Theron
k1cqAPw.png

latest

Shion's words made Theron turn his head towards her. “A small mishap. Fair enough.” He spoke, although he squinted his eyes a bit. The normal type of reply would be 'just not feeling so well' or 'just tired' or something. Small mishap suggested something actively happened, which was a bit peculiar. Especially considering the circumstances and the type of folk this girl was with (Kelsey, Morana, Sverre). For now, he'd just keep it in mind.

He let out a small laugh at Cayde's apologies. “An official faction? That's a bit of a big word for us. Technically, you could say we're part of some branches of the Adventurer's Guild throughout the continent. They occasionally have quests to slay vampires and we simply specialise in taking those.” That was the long and short of it. “Dwarves take headbutts well by nature, we've got a thick skull.” He said with a heartier laugh at Cayde's remark.

That's when he turned back to Scylla. “You would be surprised how cute some monsters can look, right before they tear someone's heart out and consume it raw.” He replied, sounding serious for a bit as his thoughts seem to wander rather than to pick up on the joke. “Regardless, it's too late to keep joking around.” He eventually replied.

Chandra Jarmil

Kalina honestly hadn't any thoughts to spare on the resting situation. In the end, she'd technically not even need to rest other than to get her mind to calm down a bit and to not be suspicious. “That sounds good to me.” She replied to the surprisingly detailed group-up plan. Although she did want to whisper one thing into Shion's ear. “She's been through a lot of trauma as well, so even though she held up well today... please be there for her if it catches up to her during the night, okay?” She was genuinely concerned about it, having wondered how Iberis was holding up so well to begin with after having gone through many of the same traumatic events with Renee and the undead. Perhaps Iberis was just stronger than her. Either way, she figured it'd be best to inform Shion.

Scylla's remarks, however, caught her by surprise. She'd known it'd get some reaction, but this one? This type of reaction she hadn't expected. It was... fun... though. Yes. She somehow found herself enjoying it. Oddly enough, Scylla's temperature was higher than she thought it'd be. Then again, that was a problem for later. She'd lean in to whisper into Scylla's ear. “I'm not one to imprison those I love, but captivating your heart sounds like a lovely endeavour~” Truthfully, when it came to non-blood related issues, she was as naïve and innocent as any of them. When it came to fitting in one bed, her first thought was a practical concern. “I am pretty tall though... but we can try!” In a worst case, she could just... stare out the window all night? Finally use her own bedroll? She mostly kept it to keep up the adventurer's guise. Anyhow, it'd work out.

Theron replied to Iberis next. “Experience is the reward for the survivor, is what my teacher always said. I ended up suriviving more than most, is all.” He replied to Iberis, his eyes squinting a bit. “Oddly enough, I have a feeling you've got a fair bit of your own experience as well. Call it an old Dwarf's instinct.”

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

If Morana's eyes could show surprise at Shion's remark, they like would've. Right now, all she did was tilt her head a little. “Focus on Sverre with me..? Do you want to see if we can get system access through Analog? I already failed that... unless...” It clicked. She wanted to try using that mind magic she mentioned wanting to use on Iberis as well. “Understood.” She replied, once things fell into place. She turned to Cayde as well when speaking up next. “He's a pure construct, so he wouldn't need sleep. He'd just need moments to go on standby to fully process things. With how jumbled his mind is, it might take a longer time than normal. We'll have to see tomorrow. Until then, I'd say we leave him in there.”

Scylla's attempt to trick Morana failed, not necessarily due to lack of persuasiveness, but simply due to Morana being angered enough to not want to break her cold dead stare into Scylla's eyes from the moment she was adressed. “I was trying to compliment your ability to learn, but it seems like I spoke too soon.”

She was a bit surprised when she was suddenly asked where she would prefer. Her eyes glossed over towards Shion for the slightest moment, but those with good perception (higher than F) or some insight (F or higher) would notice that much. Shion had been one of the few people who'd somewhat made her feel at ease. After that short moment, however, she looked at Cayde and stated as cold as in her usual tone. “Whichever you command sir. I'd only ask not to be bunked with her.” She nodded at Kelsey.

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

Kelsey just laughed at Morana's remark to not be bunked with her. “Oh, come on Morry... are you afraid I'd crawl into your bed at night? You should be! Not a single of the beds in that room will be safe from me!” Kelsey replied, clearly teasing the half-construct. “Although perhaps I should give mister alchemist a nightly visit instead?” She glossed over at Cayde to try measure his reaction. “So many beds to sneak into once I've got my arm fixed~” She left it with that ominous threat.

“Just know that I can guarantee you won't survive such an attempt.” Morana stated, her emotionless voice making that threat even more threatening, as she likely meant it in full.

Kelsey would soon lead Sophia to a place close to the Rusted Booze.

The Crazy Crafter
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Droid's Row – Workshop – The Crazy Crafter
hkUhQANU6gAOVh3RMwN2--2--05f02.jpg

“Here we are.” Kelsey said, using an oddly shaped key to enter after which the place also lit up. “It's a 24/7 workshop used by constructs and by those with artificial limbs, you can get a membership key for a monthly fee... come to think of it, mine might run out, so we might be just in time.” She took out a broken looking mithril hand. “I don't have money for materials, and people always leave this place cluttered with all sorts of stuff, but the material from this old spare hand and whatever we find here should work, right? There's a few materials here that are cheap enough to be free to use with using the place as well, even some left by former users, should you need a bit extra...” All in all, it'd be a lot closer to a 'modern factory' type of smithing than the pure medieval work, but also a lot more messy and with sparser materials. This wad almost closer to [Tinkering] in some ways, but it would still be doable for Sophia to get the hand up and running with these tools and materials.

With that introduced, however, it was time to be a bit less serious again. “Although about what you said before... We can always stick around and play a bit after work, no..?” she teased. With or without additional 'playtime', they'd eventually be able to make it back into the Rusted Booze (around 3:00 in the night, feel free to post arrival when everyone's asleep at the end of reacting to the current scene).

The Rusted Booze
Time: Somewhere during night-time
yongjia-final01.jpg

Cayde, entering the room having 3 bunk-beds, would instantly spot something odd. The beds used by the vampire hunters had some sort off barrier around them, closing them off from the entire room. “It's a warding device from the Magic Duchy, best you don't touch it. Only its owner can get through without trouble. It's the only way to live long in our business.” Theron quickly explained, before heading through and vanishing from sight. Cayde would be able to climb up the bunk without touching it thanks to a ladder beside it, but he would have to be a bit careful not to dangle his arms or feet.

Morana however, had something to say. “Sir, is there any chance you'd let me take that one, the one above Theron? Or perhaps for you take a bunk above or below me? I'd really rather not deal with Kelsey during the night.” She said, spotting the ideal opportunity to be safe from the halfling during the night, as she could chuck her into Theron's barrier or onto Cayde should she try something.

Shion and Iberis would find their room ready... for other types of visitors. Rose pedals, nicely smelling incense, fresh bedsheets, a bottle of champaign and a few items normally used by adults in a specific type of nightly encounters were placed in the room. Still, the bed was huge and extremely soft. It also had multiple really fluffy pillows lined up. So... count your blessings?

Kalina and Scylla (and later Sophia) would find themselves entering a room in a similar disposition as the one that Shion and Iberis were in. Although Kalina just looked at the items with a questioningly look, unsure what they were. Or why this room smelled odd. Or why there were rose pedals. “This room is... odd.” She'd speak to Scylla, letting her 'Chandra' accent fade. “What even is up with all these things here, rose pedals, weird things... a weird scent? Why is there some sort of wine in the room itself..?” She was confused. Very confused.

Last edited:
zzzShion1.png
Shion smiled in Morana's direction, glad to see she seemed to have done some good for her. Chandra approached Shion and whispered to her about Iberis, to which Shion simply patted Chandra's back and gave an affirming nod to her so there wouldn't be too much attention drawn from it. She listened to the rest of the conversations around her before proceeding to assist Iberis in getting to their suite for the night when she noticed Iberis' low energy.

"I best get Iberis to our room, I'll see everyone tomorrow morning." Shion gave everyone a smile before they departed.

Once they stepped into the suite, Shion was taken aback for a moment. Seemed the tavern keeper hadn't taken any measures to prep the rooms for their type of company. She couldn't help but laugh as she walked into the room with Iberis.

"Well, it's a shame we aren't here on honeymoon it looks like." She said still chuckling as she observed the room. She raised a brow at the objects on one of the tables and had a couple memories flash through her mind.

"He doesn't shirk the more intimate side of things." She commented before looking at Iberis.

"I'm going to make myself more comfortable." She stated before her eyes began to glow as she clasped her hands together. Iberis would see the clothes on Shion's form begin to look slightly ethereal for a moment before Shion threw her hands out, and the threads on her body proceeded to dissipate into strands of mana, leaving Shion's body as bare as it had been when she showed up!

zzzShion2.png

"Ah, so much better! Finally free from mankind's constraints!" She said so whimsically as she spun around with a smile on her face and a soft laugh. "Until I regain my kitsune form, I'll have to take every opportunity I can to enjoy this."

She sighed happily, the most content she'd looked since she got here spread across her face as she looked at Iberis. "How are you feeling, Iberis? Actually, let me try something."

Shion approached the mage as her eyes began to glow once again. She stirred her mana forth, trying to bend it to her will. She placed a hand on Iberis' shoulder before finally feeling her magic attune to her desires as a wave of [Healing F] magic would enter Iberis' body to help cleanse some of the fatigue inflicted upon her. In fact the moment they were alone everything about Shion's demeanor had become much more positive. Her motions seemed lighter, her mind slightly more at ease. She just seemed to be a bit more free, physically and mentally, now that she was able to put the setting which she found herself away for the night.

"Any better?" Shion asked with a tilt of her head and twitch of her ears as her tail danced about behind her.

Last edited:
CaydeEVO.jpg
Mentions: Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong

After hearing Scylla's response, Cayde chuckled to himself. It was an easy choice in hindsight. Sure, bedrolls were great, but a floor was still a floor, just like how a rock was still a rock. Not very comfy - it doesn't matter what goes on it. "Yup, actually, I would pick the bed too, now that I think about it..." He shrugged, his voice growing playful, "Suit yourselves! Just don't let me hear you all fighting over the covers tonight."

When Morana started explaining the situation with Sverre, Cayde nodded along understandingly. Most of the construct-related subjects still didn't make much sense, but this sounded familiar. He'd need time alone to process things, too. Sverre was doing the same in his mechanical way—a good enough understanding. "Yeah, I suppose that's for the best," Cayde replied plainly, glancing at the broom closet. He'd looked back to see Morana looking a Shion for just a second. Then, back to her usual self. Was that a tell? "Oh, did you want to go with her? I could-" He stopped, hearing Kelsey speak of crawling into beds. The concept sounded just as alien as the construct talk before. Bunk beds were usually meant for one person. What was the point of sneaking into another's?

"I mean, you could try," He scratched his chin at this predicament, "But I move a lot in my sleep, y'know? And I doubt there'd be any space for both of us..." Cayde looked at his bedroll. Maybe that was the solution? If the beds were making Kelsey restless, she could sleep in there! "But, there's always the bed roll!" He proclaimed proudly, "I'm sure we could work something out!" Then, with a slight yawn, he addressed the party, "Alright, I think everything's settled. Good night everyone."

Not long after, Cayde followed Theron to the bunkroom. His eyes immediately widened as the dwarf disappeared within the barriers shielding the beds. "Uh, noted," He said, studying the device at a distance. The threat of touching that thing wouldn't make sleeping any easier. "I'll try not to move too much..." He mumbled, removing his mask and sliding his pack off his back. Before he could make the climb, he heard Morana ask for something behind him. Both options didn't sound too unreasonable, "Sure, I'll take the bunk under you if you want," He said nonchalantly, "Whatever makes you feel comfortable,"

Iberis Odhir
Elvario Elvario Sharena Sharena The Last Curse The Last Curse RavenSong RavenSong Silent Angel Silent Angel

Iberis smiled back at Chandra's words warmly, giving her a nod. "I'll..keep that in mind." Kalina really did make her feel appreciated sometimes, which Iberis was quite fond of. While Kalina might have been thinking Iberis was stronger, she hadn't been seeing the night terrors that Iberis had been suffering from, nor the slew of nightmares or memories from Auldlich which woke her up in a cold sweat, or the fact that sometimes she'd stay up for most of the night because she couldn't get the image of something terrible out of her head. These are the sorts of issues which had been plaguing Iberis among others ever since that dreadful night.

Iberis nodded when Theron spoke to her. "Your instinct would be right on then, I've been in some dicey adventures to put it lightly and, sort of had to figure a lot of stuff out growing up too..but that explains it then you were taught well, I'm really glad to have met someone doing such a good but dangerous work for the benefit of so many people."

She still couldn't help but find the bunk talk back and forth humorous, though she did wish that Scylla and Morana could get along better, as it seemed that Morana wasn't the most impressed by her still. Then there was Kelsey who it seemed was still trying to make moves on people which was sort of impressive in it's own right with just how brazen she was in not particularly caring how she was received, if someone said yes to her great, if not then she was moving on to the next opportunity or person as if nothing happened. Iberis wished that she had a bit more of that confidence at times.

When Shion was ready to go she was too, taking her staff and following her. "Night everyone." She added after what Shion said. On the way there since there wasn't any obvious way Iberis was going to get proper sustenance with how late things she took a modest sized pouch out from her sash containing some cured meat pieces and hardtack rations, and she nommed on a few pieces along the way as a snack, just to help balance her energy out more wanting to help prevent a sugar crash from primarily just having that strange jelly and water, before putting them away before they'd reach the room.
---
Iberis quickly took note of all that was in the room and her pale face turned a bit pink at the cheeks when she saw some of the objects there, just displayed like that. "You..would have thought they'd at least hide stuff like that somewhere more discrete.." She replied softly.

"Yeah..it's a pretty romantic room with all the other stuff huh?" She'd smell the floral scent very prominently which was pleasant. She looked over at the wine wondering if it costed extra to drink. "Can't say I've stayed too many places as nice as this."

When Shion said that Iberis did look over curiously before she saw Shion's clothing dematerialize by magic which was a bit surprising as she hadn't quite caught that detail when Shion had first landed, before she saw Shion's bare form before her, Iberis's eyes did wander briefly before the flushed look only returned at first, as Iberis felt like she should be looking away, which she eventually did, before she began to calm down a bit..it really shouldn't be that big of a deal, they were both women there and for some reason it seemed like in the back of her mind it was natural, like the vague memory of her not uncommon communal showering and bathing back in her past life being in Japan, this wasn't too different..

"Constraint huh? I guess I never thought about them that way, but if you aren't used to them then, I could see it that way." Seeing Shion happy did prompt her to smile however back at her. Iberis set her staff aside leaning against the nightstand as she frequently did when she slept in the academy dorms.

Iberis sat on the edge of the bed by that point,

"As far as I can tell the actual effects of being drained don't seem to be as bad as It was before after having a bit more to eat and drink." Even so she wasn't 100%. She looked over curiously as Shion's eyes glowed and she she said she was going to try something. Presumably even the low level healing would narratively make her feel somewhat better even if it wasn't too long lasting, part of her fatigue was from the high stress long day too in tandem with being drained , but she did perk up a bit more, looking more like herself, as time had gone on.

"I didn't know you could do that Shion..that feels pretty nice..you've been really kind to me ever since you arrived here..and I really appreciate it. From carrying me, giving me that vision to help my nerves,..staying with me when were fighting those things earlier, and now this..thank you. I hope that you'll be around long enough that I'll get to return some of those favors." She finally let out wanting to clearly express her gratitude with a genuine warmth to her voice.

"I can't imagine it's easy being away from your world like this and being throw into the unknown, but I just know that you met up with our group for some reason whether It's beyond my understanding or not, I'm..really glad that I've had a chance to work with you."

Iberis then started to slip her still somewhat patchwork robe off, as well as taking her horned hat off and scarf, as well as slipping her boots and socks off, leaving her simple dress under on for the time being.

"With all of that said, I'd really love to know more about you, if there's anything you'd like to share, we haven't had a ton of opportunity to just talk about normal things with all this serious dangerous stuff going on." While she said this Iberis leaned back a bit more on the bed, before also desashing herself and putting it with her other clothing neatly in a compact space near her staff.

7E34647D-185C-46A4-986F-E90DB0F2A3E0.png
Scylla looked visibly hurt, "Ouch! Morana! I'm TRYING!! I.. i can only change so much, you know?!" She rolled her eyes. "Whatever. You just hate me, because i'm prettier!" She stuck her tongue out at the construct before doing the little spin, and getting kissed by Kalinas cold lips.

"Oh? You don't say?" Scylla gasped a bit at the vampires oddly loving words. "Truly, you don't mean that right? I mean, i'm a bit of a mess up here." She said twirling her finger pointing at her head. She giggled and shook her head a bit incredulously. Surely, Kalina was up to some trickstery stuff again. The witch would get up, quickly fixing her hat as the vampire before her spoke about her stature. "Oh? Yeah, i suppose you might be right." She giggled again, "I'm totally going to cackle like a witch when your feet hang at the bottom of the bed, oh! And lets not forget the blanket being too short too!"

It was then that Scylla would let go of Sophia, she frowned a bit. "But why-" She bit her tongue again, rolling her eyes at herself. Think before you speak, Scylla. Think. Think. Think. She wanted to persuade the fae to not go with the pervy one. But. She didn't want to make any more potential drama. However, it wouldn't stop her from making subtle, albeit not very noticeable gestures. Like stomping her foot softly and crossing her arms with a pout. "Fine." She muttered under her breath. Pulling Kalina by the hand, she started off. "Come on, K! I'm getting moody and my feet hurt!"

Once in the room she squealed, "EEEEKKKK!!! I FINALLY GET TO SLEEP ON A BED!" She exclaimed as she quickly took off her shoes, shut the door behind her and jumped on the bed. "So bouncy! Oh, oh, oh!" She put her staff and hat with the book by the door and quickly made her way to the various items. "What do we have here!" She said happily, pulling a bottle out of an iced container. "I think its alcohol." She looked around, not that there was anyone there, perhaps it was just instinct. "Have you ever had alcohol? It makes you feel fuzzy and makes you say the truth!" She laughed. "Not that i have any secrets or anything.. but.. YOU totally do!" She pointed at Kalina. "K! Here take a glass!" The witch would open the bottle, and poured a glass and another for herself. "My, my, my.." It was here that she noticed rose petals everywhere. "..huh.. it seems this place was previously reserved or.. reserved already for romantic stuff!" She took a sip of the bubbly liquid. "Pfft! Look at this place!" She looked around, her surroundings kind of coming into focus. "Yeah this is TOTALLY a romancy place!" She looked around more, with a bit of a dance like sway in her step. There was a hole in her sock at the heel. She suddenly stopped and dropped the glass. Shattering in the bathroom. "K! Come here!" She pointed at the adult stuff in the bathroom. "This is TOTALLY a place where people DO IT! They actually DO IT in here!"

"Oh no, no no no.. we need to take the sheets out and get them cleaned!" Before she began taking the bed apart however, she paused, "Well.." She sniffed the bed a bit, "..they don't smell." Scylla would then turn around, facing the bathroom. "Why would they just leave that.. that.. well.. stuff in here? Is that what people just do in this place all the time? Like.. always?!" She tilted her head a bit, her mind going from disbelief to curiosity. "Hm. Yeah. Weird. Anyway! Let's see if we fit on the bed!" She happily, took off her robe but left her white tank top on and her stockings. Letting out a big sigh she felt her whole body sore!

zzzShion2-1.png
"I didn't wear clothes for the first thirty years of my life. The first twenty I didn't even have a humanoid form, and the next ten I didn't bother with clothes until I realized it just invited even more disgusting human behaviors if I spoke to them like this. So I started covering the parts of me that sparked those reactions, and while I've grown accustom to wearing as little as I need to keep humans civil, I'm still far more comfortable with nothing." Shion replied to Iberis, placing a hand on her hip as she looked down at the girl sitting at the edge of the bed.

Knowing her magic helped at least a little made Shion's smile even brighter, and her tail wagged back and forth a bit hearing Iberis' words of thanks. She shook her head when Iberis was done. "Iberis, truth be told, I am not sure where I would even go. You've told me of these beautiful forests that I could visit, but frankly, I am not as strong as I was in my own world. My body is slowly growing accustom to the weave of this world's mana, but it is a slow process. I do not have any desire to lose my life so quickly either, traveling with others would be preferred until I gain more of my strength back. Not only that..." Shion stopped, her ears drooping a moment as she contemplated continuing with what she was about to say. She looked away from Iberis for a moment in contemplation, before sighing. She'd held off long enough.

"...Not only that, after I fell in love with Olivia, I stopped wanting to travel alone as much. I used to travel alone exclusively given my relationship with humans being so vile for so many years, but my mood softened to humans over time as I met more and more with good intentions and kind hearts. Olivia entering my life was also another point on that journey. Being without her now, I..." Shion folded her arms under her chest as her wagging slowed. She shook her head again as her smile returned a little. "I'm sorry, Iberis, putting it that way makes it sound like I am trying to use you to replace her. I have no desire to make you feel that way. The simple truth of it all is that, since I've arrived in this world, you and your friends have given me hope that there are humans worth befriending in this world. Not only that, you saw some of my darker memories so vividly when I linked with your mind accidentally and...you offered me your sympathy." Shion's voice got a little shaky as she fought off tearing up.

"And you've repaid me plenty...if your group had been any less accommodating I shudder to think if I would've been able to keep my prejudices in check long enough to help. Not knowing the layout of this city, and nearly all my magic lost to me...there's a real chance I would've been killed, enslaved, or become a victim of the very vampire you were hired to deal with should I have let my hate fuel my actions and flee from untrustworthy humans." Shion shook her head, managing to stave off her tears. "But thankfully, that side of me didn't win...I have you, Chandra, and Cayde to thank for that most, but all of you have given me reason to stick around...even if I worry about your friend Scylla more than I'd like. I'm afraid she will continue to provoke lectures from me...and if she touches my tail again without asking I'm not sure if I can hold back a second time." She tried to add some brevity to her words, a light chuckle escaping her lips at the end of it. Iberis tried to sympathize about Shion not being in her world anymore, and it only made Shion's smile and tail wagging brighten up again.

"I do not miss it as much as you might think. My world was on the brink of collapse, I was working with heroes, mercenaries, and villains alike to try and save...everything. I died in the penultimate battle alongside Olivia, and I do not know if my comrades succeeded. However, with Olivia and the spirits I once called my friends all gone...I do not know, being here or there means I've lost everything..." Shion's mood depressed again for a moment before she sighed.

"Your demeanor makes it so easy for me to drop my guard around you, and I reward you with such depressing answers." She lightly scoffed at herself with a sigh as she walked over and sat beside Iberis on the bed as she spoke to her with genuine curiosity about her.

"If it's not clear by now, I'm a fairly open book around you, Iberis Ohdir." She laughed a little, ending in a smile that showed teeth. "I'm willing to talk about whatever you like, so long as you can tolerate my rambling. Here's hoping I don't lead every question down the dark and dreary alleys I've lead you down so far. This room is hardly cut out for it." She said, laughing again. Shion really had dropped many of her barriers around Iberis, she found the mage very easy to talk to and she felt like the mage understood her.

It made her happy to have found someone she could so openly talk to already in this world, living life with hatred and suspicion in her heart...that isn't what she wanted to do. She vowed to pass on with good memories in her heart so she wouldn't die full of bitter hatred, and she never forgot how good it felt to just be open, honest, and make friends. Olivia had strengthened that desire within her even further, and she would do everything she could to not let the darkness within her win.

Last edited:
The Rusted Booze
Time: Nighttime
yongjia-final01.jpg

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

“That'll be alright.” She was quick to reply to Cayde's suggestion to go with Shion instead. Sure, it might be one of the few folk putting her at ease, but seeing how the latter had been dealing with Iberis, she figured theirs was a room for two and two alone. Not something she'd want to interfere with for sure. As per usual, she opted to ignore Scylla. It'd be better for her mental health.

After they'd enter the rooms, she'd nod. “Alright. You'll be my first guard against Kelsey, so please don't let me down, sir.” She added, her voice as oddly monotone as always and not revealing if that was a plea, a threat or a request. Rather than climbing the ladder, which her artificial limbs would make difficult, she just jumped on top of it. The bed creaked and groaned like it'd crash and crumble under her weight (those metal parts were heavy), but it somehow held up.

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

“I could try, you say..? Oho~ Now you'll know I will~” She replied to Cayde, surprised about this sudden invitation. “Bedroll...” She was caught off guard when that was brought up all of a sudden, this dude really did love his bedroll, so she ended up deciding it was best to just head off with Sophia for now, before he could say more 'weird' things like she was the one to comment about 'weird' things.

Chandra Jarmil

Kalina waited with replying to Scylla when they were in the room, not wanting things to drag out too much. However, after entering the room, she'd speak up again... but not before letting her Alternate Identity fade.

Kalina Chivernu

She stretched. “Hmm... It's good to be myself again.” She spoke, taking off her armour and putting it to a side of the room. “Of course I meant what I said, you're great to have around, you're fun, optimistic, cheerful, friendly, sweet, positive, energetic, trustworthy, kind...” She listed some of the best things about Scylla. “Besides, do you really think I'd dare to judge someone's metal issues after you've all seen my own state? I'd say we could simply try to keep each-other's heads straight then, right?”

She chuckled at Scylla's comments on her height, blankets and feet. “I'm already cold by nature, did you forget? A lack of blanket coverage won't be an issue, nor would feet hanging off the bed be... although... hm...” A sudden thought occurred to her. “I always feel warmer for a while after I've drank someone's blood and it's rather nice. Perhaps I'm still lukewarm from before..? Otherwise, perhaps I could have you warm me up, like when Iberis warmed my hands?” She teased, recalling having Iberis warm her hands earlier today and how nice that'd been.

“I don't think I've had alcohol before, at least not in my previous life. I tried wine once, in this life. It... it made me vomit. A lot and painfully so. I don't really seem to digest anything that's not blood. Not even water.” She admitted. As a result, she'd also turn down the champaign. “Spreading flower petals all around is considered romantic?” That was news to her. It was odd as well, as to her, it just looked messy. Weirder even was what Scylla did next. “Do it..? Do what?” She was even more confused now. She'd normally ask Sophia, but that one was gone.

Despite Kalina's questions, Scylla concluded things at her own pace. “Alright.” Kalina said, as she started taking her clothes off again for the third time today, except this time she could keep them off. Beds felt nicer without clothing on, she'd learned. This bed in particular looked worth of enjoying to its fullest. However, as she got onto the bed, she realised she finally had the chance to ask what she'd been wondering about for a while now. She just needed to ensure that the energetic which would know how serious she was about it. Luckily enough, she had an idea. “Hey, Scylla.” She'd start, turning towards the witch and grabbing her wrists to push it down onto the bed, as she quickly got atop Scylla. “When you were teasing me before... sticking a bloodied finger in my mouth. What was that?” She'd ask. She needed to know this.

She'd lean in, displaying her fangs and breathing onto Scylla's neck. Then she whispered. “What if I were to say that, even after all that happened today, after all the blood I drank, after all the trouble we've been through, I'd still want to drink yours. That I don't even need to do so due to thirst, but that I simply want it out of raw desire. What if I'd say that it makes me feel good in ways I didn't know someone could feel good? What if I'd say that it's even better when it's drinking blood from those I know and care about? That I've learned that the taste alone is only part of why it's so nice, as biting into someone directly is extremely intoxicating, enough so to keep wanting to do it, even though I'm afraid I might hurt someone or cause them to be as low on blood as Iberis was... If I'd tell you all that, what would you think of that part of me? Would you think it's part of the monster I need to get rid off, or would you be like Sophia and claim that it's normal... that's perfect as is? Would you let me have my way and still be able to see me as a friend afterwards?” As she said the last sentence, her teeth were lightly touching Scylla's neck. A test to both herself and to Scylla.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

As Cayde was (supposedly) sleeping or (possibly) lying awake, with Morana in the bunk above him, he'd suddenly hear the sounds of metal clanging upon metal. It wasn't loud, but still audible. With his perception (E) he'd hear the sounds of groaning and muttering, silent whispers, barely audible. “Come on... not now... stupid... fucking... arm...” It sounded like she was trying (yet failing) to Tinker with her mechanical arm, which had either woken her up in the middle of the night or which had been keeping her up. It also sounded like she might not be feeling well, from her heavy breathing as if she was short on air. Finally, it sounded like she tried to keep as quiet as she could whilst doing so, but failed. It was unclear if the Vampire Hunters had also caught on, but there didn't seem to be any sign of them past their barriers. Kelsey hadn't yet returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back