• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Community [Isekai Hell] January 2024 entry- Self reflection

The sun had gone down behind the mountains, leaving behind a beautiful warm hue in the sky various shades of pink, yellow, orange and purple. The stars slowly began to reveal themselves, every new dot that appeared flickered brightly through the sky that slowly grew darker as the night drew forward. Below was a forest a enormous mass of trees as well as wildlife. Chirps, buzzing and the clatter of wings rang out throughout the dense mass that gradually got quieter every moment the night grew on. Vague lights from the stars and the two moons gazed through the leaves, providing a weak light source to anything wondering within. a black-gloved hand touched the side of an oak wood tree. The figure would then release a exhausted huff of air. Sighing, he sat on the ground and rested his back against the tree's bark surface. The person moved a strand of wavy brown and white hair from his face and would then proceed to lay his bow next to him in the grass before moving his knees to his chest and pulling the hood of his hunter green cloak over his brown portion of hair. . Yellow eyes glanced upwards towards the sky, the person all alone in a world he was still learning about. As it stood, he was stuck wondering about often nights like this he was stuck in thought.

'...is it bad? that I wonder how my family is doing? Or my past family?...'

He thought to himself. A soft cool gust of wind blew through the forest. He often wondered if he should stop thinking about them. He wasn't there anymore. He, Aurora, died in a hospital bed after losing her fight with a disease called cancer. An unknown being-Griffin Vaguely remembered the being. He put his soul in the artificial vessel he currently roamed in. Griffin tried and tried to forget, yet every attempt to suppress what memories remained would always end in failure. He twirled a strand of hair as he thought more about the matter.

'Maybe thinking about them...isn't a crime...'

It was still painful to do, he'd been in this world for a bit. But everything, then the dawn of reality still stung like a freshly cut wound. He decided to derail that train of thought, thinking back to the memory when he was searching through the abandoned warehouse, from what he recalled all he saw was scattered burnt or torn pieces of withered paper. He vaguely made out what the vessel was made out of...it was materials he didn't know. And still was incapable of recognizing, he wondered to himself.

'I wonder about the story behind this vessel.'

Why was it made? When? Why was the place presumably made abandoned? Where was it technically located? Well, Griffin didn't know. He only knew he was Aurora one second and then Griffin the next. His life as Aurora came to an abrupt end the second he heard the beeping of the flatline. The origins of the vessel was a mystery...he wondered if he'd ever decide to go and attempt to unravel it. The reason for Griffin's creation. Why was it so similar to the appearance of a beast? So many questions without proper answers. Actually, they had no answers at all that he knew of. The sound of the rustling leaves coursed through the sky as another gust of wind blew through the area, Griffin thought to himself....

'I need to learn magic.'

An abrupt change in his train of thought, and truth be told, it was more of 'want' then 'need'. Back on earth, magic only existed in fairytales and the myths he had loved to read so much in his past life, nothing that was real...but here it was. The construct saw it time and time again and often wondered if he could learn it, though it did make him wonder what qualifications it took to be capable of learning it, besides the obvious needing a catalyst. Now that he thought about it, he would need that, wouldn't he? Glancing at his bow, he wondered.

'Can a bow be turned into a catalyst?'

If it could, he could use it to mix attacks, or infuse magic into them in some way. Surely, it would take time to learn that, but it wasn't impossible. After all, he needed time to learn it...after learning a way to learn. After pondering for a while, he came to the conclusion.

'That's my next goal... I think...learn magic'​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back