• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Stonewall Town] Definitely Not a Drinking Contest

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. Check the links above to learn more about it.

What to expect out of character:
Weekly posting as requested, unless both sides are able to go faster. The RP might last over a month or two in order to get some rounds in, so long as weekly rounds are maintained.

What to expect in character:
Zuì Dàmāo enters definitely not a drinking contest in the Keg, alongside some other Caelia residents.

Barony NPC 1x1 RP's
There are a lot of people (NPC's) in the barony by now. That is not a coincidence. I've been trying to establish a lot of NPC's, not just to flesh out the area and add some flavour, but also to offer the following option: 1x1 RP's with the barony NPC's.

These are intended to be:
1 – Relative short. (Up to two months at most, more likely between 2 weeks and a month).
2 – Easy to jump into. Find an NPC you want to interact with or a goal to achieve that could fit into the Caelia Barony and you'll be hooked up.
3 – Light-hearted. They won't have too much deep lore/plot. Just a PC, an NPC and a common goal to achieve (examples; defeat wolf, craft sword, chat about the weather, learn how to poor tea).

What you stand to gain:
1 – An RP tailored to your liking with flexible pacing (daily at its fastest so long as both sides are able to keep it up, with potential moments of back-to-back posting, weekly at its slowest).
2 – A direct way to achieve a specific goal, such as: Forge a sword. Gain F-rank Adventurer's Guild connection. Learn Etiquette. Spent some time gossiping.
3 – A narrator willing to help you come up with ideas. I like brainstorming if you want to try out something, but don't have something specific yet.

What I stand to gain:
1 – More RP options outside of my own characters.
2 – Fleshing out the barony and its NPC's even more.
3 – Hopefully giving people some short, yet fun RP's.
4 – A few extra points from running a lot of RP's, which I'll likely reinvest in barony assets/companions through my character (baroness) Regula Caelia.

Limits:
1 - There's only so much I can do alone. If too many people show interest, I'll have to create a waiting list or find others to join in on this idea (preferably with NPC's of their own, to ensure NPC's stay somewhat consistent in their behaviour).
2 – Grand goals, deep lore, posting paces longer than weekly or desires for very long-lasting RP's likely won't fit this format.
3 – I'm planning to offer some level quality, but this is also very much a quantity thing. If I somehow offer a life-changing RP that'd be great, but that'd not be the goal with these. The goal is some good and simple fun.

The Keg
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Capital Town: Stonewall – Tavern.
Time: 20:00
d1a39778da798e25d660b3759ae02507.jpg
From: https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/Darsunne/0a55608e9d52edec15d4c6455736ec45_zpste7hezy9.jpg
Mentions: Zuì Dàmāo SoftSmile SoftSmile
Languages: Common | {Sylvan}

Hestia
2i532mI.png

The evening had started off far from what was intended. She'd gotten a few new shipments of booze during the day, from merchants trying to get her to become one of their staple customers for her tavern's supplies. Yet she wasn't entirely convinced by the quality of it all, so she'd asked a few regulars to come try out some of the new alcohol at a reduced price. That question, through-out the day, had somehow translated into multiple people being convinced that a drinking contest was going to happen...

Aldwin
veJ8vPf.png

“Good evening, madam Hestia.” The older man and acting mayor spoke, possibly being the only one present for actual taste-testing instead of getting wasted.

Ezekiel Hayward
OftLaH5.jpg

“Good evening, Hestia, mister Aldwin.” The guard captain spoke. He'd heard rumours of the contest and figured he'd need to come keep an eye on it... and possible join. He had thought's he'd like to drink away.

Saffron
CxaEjvf.png

“Hiya! Oh wow! The mayor and the guard captain? Seems like we're having company from high places tonight~” She was a regular, liking to let loose after a day's hard (and serious) work at her store. Although in this case in particular, she wanted to know what other folk had been bringing in booze-wise. “I didn't expect you two to show up though, now all we're missing the baroness herself!” She joked, until she was shocked by whom walked in.

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg

p9wLsny.jpg

Adelheid

“Hello dear!” She'd call out to Hestia, upon entering. “And good evening to the rest of you as well!”

“{Close enough...}” Saffron mumbled in Sylvan, upon seeing the baroness' mother show up, of all people to what was basically definitely not a drinking contest.

It looked like the rumours had, at the very least, only spread among the more in-the-know people. Or perhaps they were the only ones that dared to show up? Either way, it looked like this was going to be 'it' for now, unless someone new to the place would end up showing up...

Last edited by a moderator:
Māo
Elvario Elvario
Ibaraki_01.png
Māo shrugs off her mid-day drinks, starting to sober up as it becomes evening. She heavily sighs, looking through her coin pouch. A single gold piece rests in her pouch, along with some lint and dust she never bothered to clean out. She grimaces at the realization, regretting her decision to not become an official adventurer.

She only ever got people hurt anyway.

“Oh my god!” She says out loud, accidentally turning a few heads. Her depression became almost inconsolable when she was sober, it made her want to claw at her head to try and distract from the thoughts. Instead of that, she looks around for a tavern or pub that she could get a drink from.

Walking into the Keg, she’s surprised to see more than a few people there. Māo walks up to the first person who catches her eye, Rosalia. “Hey cutie. Is there something special going on?”

The Keg
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Capital Town: Stonewall – Tavern.
From: https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/Darsunne/0a55608e9d52edec15d4c6455736ec45_zpste7hezy9.jpg

Aldwin
veJ8vPf.png

“I'd watch your...” He started, figuring he'd make a good impression by being the first to warn this very underdressed beastwoman whom or what she was dealing with, but he was cut short.

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg
p9wLsny.jpg

Adelheid

“It's alright dear.” She spoke, not wanting to see any drama start right off the bad. Although... she did ponder Mão's choice of addressing her. “Although I'm afraid I've rather passed the age of being a 'cutie', I'm afraid.”

Saffron
CxaEjvf.png

“Oh my~ I knew some beasts were practically nudists, but most that travel to Ryke have a little more cloth on their flesh regardless~ ” She spoke. Her tone not suggesting insult, just genuine curiosity.

Ezekiel Hayward
OftLaH5.jpg

“Saffron, you're being rather rude.” The guard captain spoke up, deciding to try being the voice of reason here. Even though he was a little distracted by her lack of proper attire. “I'm Ezekiel Hayward, Guard Captain of Stonewall. These are miss Rosalia Caelia, miss Saffron and our acting mayor, mister Aldwin. Miss Hestia has asked us to come try out some new drinks, which I think she might welcome you for as well.”

“Oh~ The more the merrier~” Saffron chimed in.

“Are you sure we want to be seen in such uncouth company?” Aldwin spoke, his head shaking as he clearly didn't approve.

“Just leave her, we were all young once.” Rosalia said, attempting to defuse it with a smile. “Please, take a seat. Hestia should be here with drinks soon, we'll just ask her to bring one extra.”

Last edited:
Māo
Elvario Elvario
Ibaraki_01.png

“Too old to be cute? Nonsense, darling. You barely look in your twenties, much less too old. I think maybe the sixties are too old, but I would know, I never made it there.” She laughs with a bit of self-deprecation. “You’re not just cute though, you’re gorgeous. Ugh, just looking at your hair makes me jealous.”

Māo listens to the group while still eyeing up Rosalia. “Uncouth? Oh my goodness, that’s a word for sure.” She says, sitting down, laughing even louder as Rosalia calls her young. “Oh my! You flatterer!”

“Oh my daughter would love you, Aldwin. She would always use words like that. Impertinent was one of my favorites. I have no idea what it means but it was the only one I could remember.”
Māo speaks as she uncorks her huge flask before chugging down the last bit of liquid left in it. “You know what they say, you can’t start drinking without a drink!”

The Keg

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg
p9wLsny.jpg

Adelheid

“My twenties?” She laughed. “I'm sorry to disappoint, but I've already got a daughter that age.” Before she could reply further, however, someone interrupted again.

Aldwin
veJ8vPf.png

He had trouble staying silent at this newcomer's behaviour. “Uncouth might have been to kind. Are you aware that whom you're so casually addressing is lady Caelia, the baroness' mother?” He sighed at the other comment. “It's a miracle that your daughter grew up sensible.” She sneered, but before he could continue, he too was interrupted.

Ezekiel Hayward
OftLaH5.jpg

“Let's keep it civil, shall we. It's a night off. No need to argue and fight, let's all just enjoy some drinks now.” He spoke, clearly not wanting to deal with any trouble right now.

Hestia
2i532mI.png

As if on cue, the tavern owner headed in. “Oh my, that's more people than I expected. Thank you all for coming though~” She noticed Mão. “Ah, you must be new here? I'm Hestia, I own the tavern. I've asked some people to come test out some new drinks to see which ones I'll add to the usual supply. I'd normally only ask the regulars, but... well, I can make an exception. I'll bring out some of ales first~” She spoke, heading off again before anyone could agree or refuse.

Saffron
CxaEjvf.png

“Ales... Well, I guess that's what we'll start with.” She mumbled, then looked at Mão. “So, are from Kuridan?”

Māo

Ibaraki_01.png

“Oh my! My daughter is almost in her twenties, just went to college.” Māo said happily, her body subtly leaning over to Rosalia. She glanced over to Aldwin, her eyes narrowing a bit. “My daughter is very sensible.” Māo leaves it at that, huffing out a sigh of annoyance before politely listening to the owner.

“Oh, well, I promise you dear, when it comes to testing drinks, I’m a master. It’s kind of my thing.” She laughs before turning her attention to Saffron. “Kuridan? No, No, I don’t even know what that is. I’m from Florida.” She pauses for a moment. “You probably don’t know what that is, sorry.”

Elvario Elvario

The Keg

Aldwin
veJ8vPf.png

The disapproval on his face seemed to reach a maximum, as he stood up. “I'm afraid I'll have to excuse myself. Miss Hestia, my apologies. I'll make it up another time.” He spoke, giving a polite bow to Rosalia and the Guard Captain, a nod towards Saffron and a glare in Mão's direction, after which he straight up left.

Hestia
2i532mI.png

Short after Aldwin left, Hestia brough in the first few drinks to try. Ales and beers in five varieties. No names were given, just numbers. “If you could all tell me how much you like each of these, that would be great. I'll add the most liked one to the standard stock.” She told them. Between Ryke's own Pale Ale, the See's Dwarven Stout, Widersia's Halfling's Bitter and the Western Empire's Spiced Ales, Mão would recognise most of them by their flavours and looks even without labels.

Saffron
CxaEjvf.png

“Florida...?” She asked, shaking her head. “I've never heard of that place. Is it a city or a barony or something? In country is that? Is it in the West Empire?” She's ask somewhat curious.

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg
p9wLsny.jpg

Adelheid

She was a little surprised by Mão's words. “College? She went to the academy?” Truth be told, she was a bit surprised. Even though Rosalia didn't wish to judge someone by their looks, Mão didn't seem to be the type that was able to send her daughter to one of the academy's. Those tended to be for nobles and rich folk first and foremost. “It must've been difficult getting her into the academy, so she must be very talented.” She'd reply with a smile.

Ezekiel Hayward
OftLaH5.jpg

Meanwhile, the guard captain had silently started the first beer, already being half-way down his mug. It didn't look like he was all that eager to really taste it and more like he wanted to drink away something that was on his mind.

Māo

Ibaraki_01.png

Māo gives Aldwin a dismissive wave, acknowledging his leaving before going back to talk about her daughter. She tips one of her beers to Hestia, thanking her as she talks to Rosalia and Saffron. “Yeah, she’s really smart and hardworking. She spent the last few years working really hard. She did it all by herself, I could barely wake up half the days, much less help her.” Māo sighs before chugging one of the beers.

“Hm. Pale Ale.” She chugs another. “See’s Dwarven Stout.” She comments, chugging another. “It’s actually in the South. It’s about as far down south you can go, besides Texas.” Māo says before sighing. “Right. You don’t know what Texas is.” She chugs another drink. “Are we just supposed to taste these or finish them?” She asks before shrugging and chugging another.

She would never see her daughter again. Or visit her family in Texas. Māo nervously looks for Hestia, waiting for the next round to be served.

Elvario Elvario

The Keg

Mão's statement about being unable to wake up caused a bit of an awkward silence. After all, what did you reply to such a statement? Nobody seemed to figure that one out quickly enough. Luckily, the drinks were soon on topic again. The guard Captain was chugging them, although by the fourth one down, he slowed down a bit as it seemed like they were starting to take effect. Saffron and Rosalia were taking it slower, with Rosalia only sampling them and Saffron taking her sweet time finishing them.

Saffron
CxaEjvf.png

“The south...? The south of the West Empire? The See? The south of the East Empire? Widersia?” Those were about all existing countries in the south. She'd never heard of a 'Texas' either, making her wonder why this woman kept mentioning obscure villages or baronies instead of just naming the country.

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg
[
p9wLsny.jpg

Adelheid

“I'm sure Hestia won't mind if you finish them, so long as you can give your feedback on them.” She'd state, watching the beastwoman drink and wondering if saying that had been a mistake. Either way, she spotted the woman growing more sad, so she figured she'd bring up a lighter topic. “You know, I don't normally drink a lot of beer or ales, but I think I do like that darker one. It's not as bitter.” She mentioned the Dwarven Stout. “Do you have a lot of experience sampling alcohol? You seem to know them by name already.”

Māo

1、茨木童子オツカレ.png

“Experience?” Māo laughs sincerely.‘Sampling’ alcohol is about the only thing I’ve done since I’ve gotten to this place. It was a special talent of mine to remember the names and recipes of everything I’ve tasted. You know, I used to be a bit of a mixer myself when I was younger.” She brags, attempting to keep the conversation light.

She glances at Saffron as she talks to Rosalia, but without knowing any of the geography of the place she's in, she stays quiet.

Elvario Elvario

The Keg
Time: 21:00

As the night progressed, with a few more ales and wines being brought over, somewhere along the line the guard Captain excused himself and headed home. He was still walking somewhat straight, which was an achievement considering how much he'd been drinking. Saffron followed not too long after, walking a lot less straight and spending a little more time leaning against the doorpost than might be healthy. Having been ignored, she'd just drunken more and it'd ended up hitting her rather hard. They'd both somehow managed to barely fill in some 'review' of the alcohol they'd sampled, but whether it was worth something was highly dubious. In the end, only Rosalia, who'd paced herself rather well, was left with Mao. Other than the owner herself, but she was busy cleaning up in the kitchen.

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg
[
p9wLsny.jpg

Adelheid

“A mixer? Is that a type of brewer?” She wasn't really familiar with the concept. That said, there was another topic she wanted to talk about, now that they had a bit more privacy. “You said you had a daughter as well, right? What do you do when you fear she's doing something dangerous? I often worry about my daughters, but they're both adults, so there's little I can do to avoid them from getting into danger.” Perhaps, despite pacing herself, the alcohol had loosened her up a little to talk about this type of thing with a stranger.

Māo

DM5xzsbV4AEh59J.png
“Mixer, Mixologist, yeah. Basically they just mix different drinks together to make new ones.” Māo simply explains before listening to Rosalia, lightly nodding her head. Taking a second to think on the question, she leans back before sighing.

“Well, as much as I was worried about my daughter following in my footsteps and doing dumb and dangerous stuff, she really turned out to be a very smart and hardworking girl. My daughter hasn’t been an adult for long, but she’s really acted like one for a while. So I just have to trust her.” Māo stops for a moment, considering Rosalia’s situation. “But–If she ever did get in danger, I would have to trust her that she could get out of it–Or if she couldn’t, then she would call me for help. I never had to worry because she always had her phone on her.” She laughs before stopping again, humming uncomfortably.

“I guess you don’t have phones…Huh?” Māo lets out a long groan. “Ugh, this world is so–Ugh! Magic and adventures and all of that. I hate it!” She grits her teeth, putting her head in her hands as she tries to avoid a breakdown. Quickly chugging the drink in front of her, she turns to Rosalia. “Just. Trust her. And try to spend time with her.”

Elvario Elvario

The Keg
Time: 21:30

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg
[
p9wLsny.jpg

Adelheid

“Mixing drinks can be a profession?” That was surprising to hear. She hadn't even encountered such a thing to be a profession on its own, not even in the capital. Then again, she barely heard people doing it to begin with, so perhaps it just wasn't popular in Ryke, but really popular elsewhere?

“Phones...” Yet another thing she didn't make sense off. At this point, the most logical conclusion was that Mao was more drunk than she appeared to be. Talking about mysterious countries, odd inventions, peculiar jobs. Like the rambling of a drunkard. Then again, she also sounded sort-off serious, which made it difficult to judge, even for someone like Rosalia. She decided to play along with it. “Those sound like amazing inventions.”

She chuckled a bit at the mention of spending time with her daughters. “With one being a Baroness and the other a Marshall, it's not easy to do so, but I'll figure out a way to make them make some time~” She said, already trying to come up with some plans. Perhaps she could enlist Amanda for aid, or that maid of hers.

Hestia
2i532mI.png

The barmaid was soon to show up, with a piece of parchments and two flasks. “If you could both write a review on all of you've tried, that'd be great. I should help me figure out which ones are worth keeping in stock.” She then pointed at the flaks. “Also, this is some rum that hasn't been selling well, so I figured I'd throw it in as a bonus rather than risk it going bad on the shelves.” She's say with a wink to Mão, figuring that one would appreciate the offer. “Although, please, do fill in the form first~” She'd rather see the beastwoman fill in her review before being wasted on other booze, after all.

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg
[
p9wLsny.jpg

Adelheid

Once Rosalia had filled in hers, she looked at Mão again. “Say, do you have any hobbies?” Other than drinking. She thought that latter part, but didn't add it in words. She was hoping to get to a bit more of a fun topic.

DM5xzsbV4AEh59J.png
Māo

Māo takes a quiet moment listening to Rosalia to fill out the form, it's in surprising detail, but the vocabulary is subpar. “Thank you darling.” She says to Hestia, smiling at the woman before chugging down the rum. “Oh. I can see why it isn’t selling well…” Māo comments quietly before silently sipping the rest of it.

“Hobbies…Well I used to be an actor, it was more of a job but I did enjoy it. You meet a lot of different people if you know what I mean. Do you guys have adult actors here? I know brothels and stuff exist but like you guys don’t have tv or vcr or anything, right?” Māo asks before disregarding her own question. “Oh well, it doesn’t matter.”

“So, what hobbies do you have? You look like a refined woman, let me guess. Painting or something?” She laughs lightheartedly.

Elvario Elvario

The Keg
Time: 22:00

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg
[
p9wLsny.jpg

Adelheid

“An actor?” She'd ask, rather intrigued, until Mão continued. That's when she became more confused than intrigued. “I'm afraid not, those words are completely foreign to me. Although I do know there's some rather... adult types of theatre. I think they are popular in places like the West Empire.” Perhaps it was the booze, but she did add one sentence more than originally intended. “Although I doubt I'd would've been able to do my job well with such an audience.”

At the question what her own hobbies were, she had to think for a moment. “I didn't have much time or energy left for them in my previous work, but I did enjoy it when customers took me to restaurants or art galleries, or when they showed me their gardens.” That was then, however, it was a bit different now. “Now that I've got a lot more time, I'm just trying out different things. Cooking, gardening, perhaps I could indeed try painting as well. Although I'm still most fond of simply meeting up with the people in town.”

The Keg
Time: 23:30

As the night progressed, nothing more of note was discussed. Just a few more drinks later, everyone had left. Mao found herself being ushered towards the exit as well (gently yet firmly) by a tavern owner wanting to close up shop.

The End

These are only suggestions, please wait until a grader confirms them before adding them.

Narrator bonus worth = 42 points (From having multiple A-grade characters.)

Mao:
Title: – [Alcoholic] – Character is an alcoholic.

Asset: – [Western Empire Rum] – A few flasks of fairly unpopular rum from the west empire. Few love it, some hate it, most just drink it for it's alcohol percentage.

Stat: – Vitality F => E (7 points)
Skill: – Resilient F [Poisoned] (7 points) – from her body learning to keep up with the alcohol.

Isekai Hell Grade

Elvario Elvario SoftSmile SoftSmile Clyvelle Clyvelle

Not so rowdy evening of drinking. Kinda seems like when folks get to drinking, talking about heavy subjects is just as likely as talking about nothing in particular. Feels like an episode of cheers.

Aftermath:
N/A

Rewards:

Elvario - 24pts

Mao - 10pts
optional title acquired [Alcoholic] - character is an alcoholic
optional Asset acquired [Western Empire Rum F] - the charact now has a small stash of not so good alcohol. Will get someone drunk quickly if they can be made drunk.
optional stat upgrade acquired [Vitality E] - add 7pts to earned and spent when taking this reward.
optional skill acquired [Resilient Poisoned F] - Character cannot suffer the poisoned status which includes drunkenness by normal means. Can still take poison damage. Add 7pts to earned and spent when taking this reward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back