• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Stonewall Town] (Caelia Barony) – Barony Reforged

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. Check the links above to learn more about it.
Please let me know if you wish to join this RP, so that I can help your character get an interesting entrance into the story and make sure they've got a goal being there.

What to expect out of character:
The posting pace will stick to 48 to 72 hour cycles. The pace can go up to daily if the full party or all relevant people in sub-group have posted. The RP is intended to last a month or two. It will focus heavily on Slice of Life aspects, possibly with some NPC's featuring as extra's depending on who signs up and what demands will arise IC.

When relying on secondary skills such as to investigate something or to recall knowledge without actively using them in an ability, please mention them in your post. When using abilities, please put the ability in its full at the bottom of the post it's used in and keep track of Cooldowns. Don't hesitate to ask me questions if you need more details or want to confirm things, regardless of whether that's for plot-reasons or OOC-reasons.

What to expect in character:
Baroness Caelia returns from her outing to Morbella Barony, with some new friends in tow. The RP will feature the placing of the shrine obtained in Woke Up In A New Time?! Ancient Ruins?! I Can't Believe My Shrine Maiden's Tails Can Be This Cute! and some day to day business, including (possibly) smithing some gear and checking out the new status of the barony after the purchase of a [Healthy Barony] asset.

• Loyal mayors and leadership over the villages and towns of the Barony that see to the day to day and carry out the will of the baroness.
  • Defence - your walls and defence will be workable. Not the best, but not destroyed or crumbling. Men at arms to use them and defend them as well. Mostly locals trained to be soldiers with some being militia or mercenary forces to supplement, but not much.
  • Money - your fields produce healthy crops, you have skilled artisans like smiths, carpenters and weavers in the domain. You are connected to trade routes that are safe enough for the times and functioning markets to sell Barony production and bring in outside goods.
  • Religious groups sanctioned by Ryke can operate in the area with some degree of security and fellowship.
  • Minimum education is available so nobles can lead, crafters can craft and everyone can understand and know the decrees coming down from the baroness.
  • You have functional roads or routes between settlements in the Barony. Storage places for siege or hard times or general asset management, clean water sources.
  • Enough funds for the occasional festival or local tradition. Local Guilds like merchant, crafters, or adventurers. At least 1 inn or tavern in most settlements.
  • At least one healthy natural resource like your planting fields. Others may need extra work if that Barony wants to expand.
  • Law and order needs to be good enough folk to acknowledge and uphold the decrees of local or baron rules and laws.
  • Healers of some form are present in the Barony. Generally at least one per major village or town.
  • Means of negotiation trades and treaties with neighbours.

Current Cast:
Elvario Elvario - Regula Caelia
Will she be able to properly conduct her duties as her baroness, or will her tail-lust become too much of a distraction? Can she find the golden balance between duty and desire?

TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Teuihua
Another opportunity arises for the faithful guardian to further integrate into modern society and to learn how to enjoy a simple, uneventful life. Perhaps

RavenSong RavenSong Aria
Can she protect her sister against one of the worst dangers Regula has ever faced – her own tail-lust? Or will Aria be corrupted by her sister's influence?

StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Ringo
With her 'old' home being given a 'new home', will she be able to fit in? Will she figure out just how powerful her nine weapons of mass-seduction are against the baroness she's been bound to?

Stonewall
Country of Ryke, Sadek County, Caelia Barony, Capital Town: Stonewall.
Currently still looking for a fitting image of a walled-off town to accompany this map.
UYgigdt.png

The group of Regula, Teuihua, Zeouli, Ringo and Aria arrived late in the evening after their outing to Morbella country. Resisting the urge to come up with an excuse to explain why Ringo should stay over in her own room, Regula had arranged for another (temporary) sleeping place for Ringo, hooking up Zeouli with one while at it. One of the perks being a baroness.

Right now, however, it was morning again. The day after their adventures. As the sun was already shining, Regula felt reinvigorated. Why? She'd gotten the best news in a long while this morning. After various efforts from herself, her companions, the mayors and even some strangers, merchants from Ryke aiding Sootspire, the barony was finally back to a situation that could be considered 'fully functional'. Whilst they might not be rich, wealthy or powerful, she could rest easy that her people were taken care off.

Off course that was only just a start. She'd need to ensure Kirkwall's remaining loyalty, organise a new meeting with all the mayors and other leadership, rebuild more of Yemaya and increase the adventure's guild's influence there to start an operation of exploring its dungeons, expand Sootspire's mines, further build up their agricultural sector, work on enhancing their defences even further, gain more wealth to have something in times of hardship, look over past and current laws to see how much she'd be allowed to change to her own will, meet some of the healers that'd started working in the barony, return to the task of arranging more permanent trading deals and treaties with Morbella barony... However, all that would be an expansions of what was finally there. A functional barony! She'd need to host some sort of celebration for it, come to think of it. Amanda would probably become guest of honour there, with how much of her planning and skills had aided the revival of the barony.

However, all that was for a later day. Today's task were to inspect some of the things that had been arranged and to find a good place for the new shrine. She'd even realised she might have a bit of free time to smith some gear, something that'd become more of a hobby than a job by now. It was an odd thing to realise that she'd really made it far enough to consider her work a side-project.

Just Outside of Stonewall
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Just outside of Capital Town: Stonewall.
Time: 09:00 Weather: Clear skies.
718a14e07104a0b12e72b0d0c11fc2a7.png

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Alternate art generated and edited based on:
Silva - Granblue Fantasy Wiki
Mentions: Ringo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal | Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | {Sylvan} | %Analog% | [Terran] |

She walked outside the walls, looking at the 'designated' area. It was a bit of an open place just outside the city itself. Large enough to host a shrine and perhaps some more fields alongside it. She'd prefer putting the shrine within the walls, for safety reasons, but the space within the city itself was too limited. She'd asked the others to gather here in the morning, so she was expecting for them to either be here already or to show up soon.

{“So, Ringo, do you think this place would be a good one for the shrine?”} She'd ask, hoping the ninetails would approve of her choice. If so, their next job would likely be to flatten it by chopping down the lone tree and removing any particularly large rocks. The latter was likely going to be a job for Zeouli and Teuihua. “If this place is acceptable to Ringo, I'd like for you and Zeouli to help prepare it by making removing the tree and rocks to make the ground even enough. We might also need to see if it's firm enough to directly place the shrine or if we need to lay additional foundations.” She recalled seeing stuff about that in the schematics that Amanda used to share.

That reminded her of another project. “Also, Aria, I got word from the mayors that most defensive structures are functional again. They could still use some improvements, but the basics are back in order.” She was glad to be able to share some of the good news with her sister. “Although I've been thinking about something. When we were in Kirkwall, there was this small group of elite guards called the Hunters. It might be useful to have such an elite force in Stonewall and perhaps even in Yemaya and Sootspire as well. What do you think?” She wonder what Aria's input on such an idea would be. After all, the risk of having an elite force in every place was that the very same elite force might turn against her, like how the Hunters were still a bit of a touchy subject when it came to loyalty.

Finally, she recalled what she had planned for this afternoon. “Also, I was planning to spend some time at the smithy later today. Let me know if you need anything.” She'd translate the offer for Zeouli and Ringo as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
__konpaku_youmu_touhou_drawn_by_maho_moco__sample-8e92aa4d6ca3cc53c71bc5528fc41058.jpg

Aria was fairly exhausted from the long trip back home, the familiar smell actually began to make her feel a little nostalgic. Funny, as it was something the marshal hadnt experienced since getting settled into Highgrove. It made her wonder about her home town, had it been destroyed? Considering so much time had passed, Aria began to daydream. Which really wasn't a common thing for her. Coming home, she went straight to her quarters for a long nights rest.

In the morning, the sun was already fairly bright, getting up quickly she readied herself before heading out the door. Her usual breakfast was ready at the inns table, she looked around some to perhaps thank the waitress, however she quickly spotted Regula walking through the town. Not saying a word she quickly went to her side keeping her pace quiet and her attention keen on her words and their surroundings. It had become habitual by now to monitor the baroness, as both the risk of danger and her value was rising as consequence.

Her sister seemed to always know where she was, leaning in a bit next to her Aria analyzed her good news and other concerns. "So soon?" She responded with some surprise at the defensive structures being completed. "I shall forward a letter of thanks to the engineers on my behalf. Surely those would be of incredible value in case of a potential seige. I'll suggest further things as time and resources allow, even if I must fund them myself." Aria had indeed been receiving funds from her father, although it was unclear as to what degree Aria was serving him, it was clear that her loyalties lay with the baroness first and foremost. "I see." The marshal said as her head bowed to look at the ground as she appeared in deep thought. However when she looked back up, "Although the idea of hiring mercenary's could have it's benefits, I believe the risk of disloyalty is increased. It would also affect your public opinion and approval ratings if I'm not mistaken." She lowered her voice, she didn't want to embarrass the baroness. "As your sister, my suggestion is to send me to assess the quality of the soldiers you desire, and I would be more than happy to report my findings or ensure that such an outfit couldn't pose a serious threat in a time of need." She looked away some then, "Some, would take advantage during a time of weakness, no matter what and how much they're paid."

The Marshall chuckled a bit, "It seems like eons since you first forged my sword. Perhaps if it's not too much trouble an update to this sword." Aria would place her weapon in her hands, and then a bow. "I appreciate the courtesy, sister."

Glacier

Glacier.gif

"Common" "<Beastial>" "%Analog%"

Glacier walked along the road at a leisure pace, looking at the walled settlement just up ahead. Unless the sign he passed earlier was wrong, which seemed unlikely, then he was approaching the town of "Stonewall"; not exactly an elaborate name, but certainly true to fact.

Glacier pondered on staying for a day, looking at what this piece of civilization had to offer. Though he had no need of sleep or sustenance, making stops to explore the world was both pleasant and prudent; a respite on his recent travel from the war-torn East Empire was welcome as well. Though his journey across the continent was aimless, it still held a purpose to Glacier, allowing him to learn more and practice his call to the cold.

As he approached closer to the walls, Glacier's attention was drawn to a grouping of people just outside. He decided that he'd ask them about the settlement, perhaps learning anything important about the place or area. Thus, he walked over to them as he neared the gate, hoping to garner a thing or two. "Greetings to you all... I do hope that I am not interrupting anything... but this settlement is Stonewall, yes? May I inquire... as to what the area is like?" Glacier asked, his speech prominently intervallic.

Last edited:
1697261252213.png
Ringo
Mentions: Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Voider Voider TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Languages: {Sylvan} | +Mictlantecuhtlian+

Ringo was a wreck by the time they reached the Barony. She had never walked so much in her life, never having been able to leave the shrine grounds before. She would have loved to take in the scenery, but keeping each leg going was takin gall her effort and concentration. When the walls of the city came into view and the others seemed to imply this was there destination, her heart leapt in her chest. But that excitement didn't last long as soon she realized that she would be left alone for the evening. As the others left, she stood in the lightly furnished room, it having not been prepared for her sudden arrival, and her tail and ears drooped. She hadn't been alone in... well she'd never been alone... and she couldn't just return to her statue for stasis till morning... And uncomfortable feeling had started to grow the longer she had been alone... was she sick...? She'd never been sick. She climbed into the bed awkwardly and lay there thinking about everything that happened. Was she sure this was what she wanted? Did it matter...?

She laid there for a long time before the sun appeared in her window. She couldn't tell if she had slept or not. Sitting up groggily, she stumbled to the floor and made her way outside. Regula had said to meet her outside the city n the morning. Was it time yet? She should go see if she was there already. No one was around when she showed, so she sat on the grass to wait. It was different than the grass that grew around the tree and the pond, and in between the stone tiles of the shrine. She hadn't thought to touch it while they were travelling yesterday. It was softer than she had expected. The sun felt nice, too. Warm.

Ringo sat up at the sound of approaching footsteps, blinking herself awake as she had nodded off while waiting. She turned to see Regula and Aria approaching, waving happily as they grew closer. "{Good morning, Regula! Thank you for the use of the room and bed last night! I shall be happy to have my shrine back soon though.}" There was a hint of nervousness in her voice as if she was still doubting after the previous days events. She smiled at Aria bowing slightly. "{Good morning to you as well, though I guess you still can't understand me...}"

At Regula's questioning, Ringo looked around, taking in the view and landscape, picturing the shrine in place here. "{I think it's good! If you place it facing this way, toward the road, with the main sanctum on that end, the tower won't block the sun and the shrine will have plenty of natural light! Plus that would obviously be the easiest way for guests to arrive! We'll have to get rid of that tree though.}" She gestured enthusiastically as she spoke, pointing to all the places she was referring to.

Ringo cocked her head at the approach of the strange being. She couldn't understand it once again. What was this weird language everyone was speaking. She made a pout face without realizing as she grew frustrated not being able to communicate with everyone she needed to.

Teuihua
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 12.22.30 AM.png
Languages: "Common", "+Mictlantecuhtlian+"

Teuihua, the sentry as per usual was on standby near Baroness Caelia. The construct was pleased that they had made it back to the Barony safe enough. He was glad that traveling through Ryke wasn't the most dangerous place in the world as far as he knew. Just the same he felt inclined to be cautious nevertheless, it was part of the reason he had been created after all, to be vigilant. Thankfully for him, the functionality of his 360 degree vision had returned, so he didn't have a need to turn his head every now and again since he could see all around him as he had seen in front of his head earlier. However the magic worked to make it so was somewhat of a mystery. At the very least based on the ongoing conversations he heard in the group, everyone was playing their part to make the barony successful which was nice to hear even if it sounded like there were moving parts to the operation based on what Regula had mentioned and what Aria had discussed.
What was no longer a mystery was how the next steps to placing the shrine would actualize.

"Understood Baroness Caelia." Teuihua replied with a bit of a bow toward Regula like he usually did. He then translated what she said into Mictlantecuhtlian to Zeouli about the tree so that Regula wouldn't have to make such repetitive sounds to talk Analog.
He did however not translate Regula's talk to Zeouli about spending time at the smithy later and saying just to ask if anything was needed, since she translated to Analog for Zeouli.
Teuihua then would wait and see to see how Ringo responded to this proposal. But while that was happening suddenly a new comer appeared. Some sort of four legged animal like looking being, which pretty quickly caught Teuihua's attention. Of course given she spoke in Sylvan he didn't really understand what she said.

Since it was just asking about the area and didn't appear to be hostile, Teuihua did not make any aggressive actions, instead he gave it a bit of a wave with his dexterous arm. "Hello, yes this is Stonewall, part of the Caelia Barony." Since the Baroness was there herself he figured he'd let Regula herself reveal how much she wanted to, to whoever this was, since he really hadn't quite seen anything like Glacier.
Zeouli
cee80dd44fc81fff8f2d4a4825afac34-1-2.png
Languages: "+Mictlantecuhtlian+", "%Analog%"
Zeouli, much like Teuihua appeared to be on standby, paying attention to what Regula had to say, granted she didn't really understand much on the conversation that was taking place with the others, until Teuihua and Regula translated their bits respectively. She also gave a nod and slight bow.

"+ I should be able to assist with this task, working together clearing that area should be a straight forward task, presuming Ringo approves of the spot, I believe this area will be certainly suitable to grow some nice plants to make the space more appealing, particularly since it looks like it'll have a somewhat prominent spot in the barony where it'll have a steady stream of visitors.+ (Nature F)

When Glacier appeared, Zeouli too looked over at Glacier curiously, after seeing Teuihua wave, she also joined in and waved. This being..they didn't look entirely organic, so Zeouli figured she'd give it a try. "%Hello, what brings you here?"%" She'd click off in Analog toward Glacier. She wasn't going to bother trying the Miclantecuhtlian language here, they didn't look like anything she'd expect from that far back to her understanding..granted she still wasn't entirely sure how much time had gone by exactly.

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Voider Voider StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Just outside of Capital Town: Stonewall.
Time: 09:10 Weather: Clear skies.

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Mentions: Ringo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal | Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Glacier Voider Voider

She was glad Aria picked up on the news as well as she had. “It's really been a combined effort, hasn't it?” She said with a smile, knowing all their hard work had paid off. Visiting all places, meeting mayors, finding treasure, a lot of OOC paperwork and planning. That reminded her of something. “I'm debating to throw a celebration later, with Amanda being one of the guests of honour there. We can invite Count Sadek as well, possibly also the mayors. If you have any ideas on what might work, let me know. I don't think I ever organised such a thing before.” She wasn't sure if Aria had either, but it was worth a shot.

As for Aria using funds, Regula smiled a bit, but it was a rather wry one. “Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find ways to make this into a flourishing and wealthy domain. The less we rely on your father's funds, the better.” He really wasn't a man she wanted to feel any way indebted too in any manner.

She shook her head when Aria equated her thought to hiring mercenaries. “Not necessarily mercenaries. It seemed that Kirkwall's Hunters were just an elite group of local guards. It might be possible to train more such groups elsewhere...” Even so, she nodded at Aria's concerns. “... although I had the exact seems reasons as yours for doubting whether it was an idea worth pursuing or not. At the very least I'd need to have someone strong in charge, someone with absolute loyalty.” Sadly enough, she only had one Aria. Luckily, however, her sister's plans were worthwhile. “That might be a great option.” She'd keep it in mind for later.

She nodded at Aria, putting the sword in her Pocket Dimension and handing Aria a spare one from it for her to use in the meantime. “I'll make it worth your wielding in no-time.”

They could soon greet Ringo, as they spotted the ninetails laying in the grass. {“Good morning to you as well~”} She spoke, happy to see the fluff that the maiden had seemingly adjusted well. However, upon closer inspection, that turned out to be wrong. {“You look tired.”} She figured she'd cast [Safe Zone C] from her cloak, as the healing effects also were invigorating.

Safe Zone C – Magic C, Healing C, Energised C, Area of Effect D, Selective Magic D, Control Environment E, Magic Duration E - Character creates a safe zone; healing significant injuries, 500ft -152m radius around them, lifting bad environmental conditions, ignoring undesired targets, lasting 1 day - Grade C Energised – 2 Post Cooldown.

{“That should help, I hope.”} She'd explain the sudden cast of magic. {“Although you're free to come to me if your arrangements for the night were insufficient.”} She spoke before thinking. After all, just what exactly would she do if that was indeed the case? She only realised she didn't have any plan there whatsoever, only, well, you know... She shook her head. It was too early in the morning to get her mind in the gutter. {“Either way, that sounds great. I'm sure that placement will work. We'll just have to ensure the soil beneath it is even and sturdy enough and we can build a foundation if it's not. I asked someone from the town to come over and check for us. He should arrive soon.”}

As she said it, she recalled something. “Ah, right, Aria, Ringo wishes you good morning.” She quickly translated. She wondered if it was worth investing in a universal translator orb or something, with how often she was switching languages by now.

Her thoughts were interrupted by some odd creature of ice. It really looked like some Duchy mage's familiar, or maybe a Fae spirit, but it turned out to be neither. At least, she assumed as much, by the way it talked and casually questioned where it was at. She didn't have to reply to it, as Teuihua already answered his question, but she did wish to ask it one in return. “Greetings to you as well. What might you be looking for in the area? It's a bit easier to explain what it's like when I know what you're looking for~” She stated, leaving out the detail that she was the place's baroness. It was a lot more fun that way, after all. That said, there was one particular thing she was drawn to. A thing that probably didn't need explicit mention. Normally, they were fluffy and warm. This one seemed hard and cold. How peculiar. She wondered if it'd melt from someone's touch. However, that was the extend at which she indulged herself. She remained strong and undistracted otherwise. Even so, it might've sent a whiff of [Tail Freak] in Glacier's direction for just a split second of curiosity.

[Tail Freak] - Character displays an unnatural attraction to tails. Creatures with tails will be intuitively concerned within character's presence. Those petted may have lingering feelings of being dirty and regret or receive the title Thoroughly Petted.

That left her back to the task at hand. The placement of the shrine. %“Do you think you and Teuihua could take the tree in its entirety? I'm not sure why, but part of me wants to try to preserve it and only relocate it, rather than to just chop it down.”% Perhaps it was an odd sentiment that just flared up, but it'd be nice to keep it near the shrine.

As she was saying it, someone else walked out from Stonewall.

Sven
3aqYSEX.png

VJ3LSCL.jpg

“Baroness. Marshall.” He greeted the two people of importance with a nod. Then turned to Regula. “You wanted the advice of me as a carpenter?” He asked, wondering what this was about.

“That's correct.” She replied. Considering Ringo's shrine was mostly made out of wood, she figured a carpenter was the one to figure out what they might need. “We're planning to place a shrine here, facing this way, toward the road... then a sanctum on that end, tower over there...” she started repeating what Ringo had suggested.

Sven nodded. “The buildings will need a more solid foundation than this. Although... why do you mention 'place' rather than build?” He asked, a bit confused about the language.

One short explanation regarding the pocket shrine later, Sven was up to date. In his usual cold demeanour, he didn't seem to particular care too much the moment he learned the basics of the situation. He did, however, turn to Teuihua and Zeuoli. “We're going to need some hefty piles for the foundation.” Then back to Regula. “Can those two come help me obtain some of them?”

Glacier

Glacier.gif

Interactions: Teuihua & Zeouli ( TheTimePiece TheTimePiece ), Regula ( Elvario Elvario )

Glacier was intrigued by the fellow constructs, as he had not yet met many others made of material. "I see... thank you for the confirmation." He said to Teuihua, having verified that the sign was indeed correct. Glacier's attention was then drawn to the other construct when she spoke analog to him; he didn't have many opportunities to speak it to others, so the opportunity was appreciated. "%An unguided journey... for knowledge and improvement.%" He responded in kind to Zeouli, Glacier's own analog akin to a soft whistle, his core glowing and dulling in tandem.

As Regula spoke, Glacier's tail twitched from a sudden feeling; before he could process exactly what is was, however, it had already disappeared. With his head tilted to the side, Glacier answered Regula, "I do not seek anything particular... more-so, a general understanding of the place... it's notable features, essentially." He paused for a moment, "There is no point to exploring new places... if I do not learn of them." Glacier finished, his head turning to survey the terrain around them, as well as briefly glancing up at the sun.

Glacier silently took notice of Sven and Regula's discussion of a shrine, looking over to the ninetales for a moment; it appeared to be an interesting scene he'd stumbled upon, though it wasn't of his concern.

It was some time after he had first left the town at the behest of the Count that Retili once again returned to stonewall. Weeks had gone by without him, and no doubt his absence had been noted. The morning was clear and pleasant as the Zentox, at the head of his troop of professional soldiers, marched to stonewall. Retili could have entered the town the previous day but night had already fallen and he was weary from travel. Instead he had elected to stay in a nearby inn while his troops camped nearby and enter the city in the morning after a short walk. Money had it's perks after all.

The three foot figure was refreshed and dressed once again in a dark blue traveling cloak that went well with the ebony tunic and trousers with his family crest stitched into the tunic above the heart. A crimson mountain on a background of blue bordered by silver thread. As always at his black leather belt hung a mithril dagger. It was the closest thing the Zentox had found to a symbol of office and he kept it on his person at all times. He had taken to wearing it close to where his satchel hung on it's own leather strap. The clothes were clean, but there was some evidence of travel wear, particularly on his boots. Some of his troops uniforms and weapons showed evidence of the battle they had fought on the road despite their best efforts to repair the equipment and clothing.

It did not take long for Retili to pick out the figures of Aria, Teuihua, Regula, Sven, and several others he did not recognize. It was no small surprise that she was interacting with the local populace, he hoped she was at least doing so with the dignity expected of a baroness. He made his way over to her, calling a halt to his men nearby. Of the fifty five strong force only the five pikemen were permitted to follow Retili as he approached the Baroness. He waited for a gap before he bowed his head respectfully in greeting. "Lady Regula I have returned from my trip."

• Caelia Savant D - Law E, Warfare E, Business F, Academia F, Area Knowledge [Caelia Barony] F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Retili uses his comprehensive knowledge built up through years of study to overcome issues that smooth talking might not otherwise be capable of.
  • Charismatic Scribe D - Insight D, Perception E, Empathy E, Persuasion D - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Using his quick wit and fast mind, Retili talks his way around and through problems that he encounters.
  • Noble Bearing D - Etiquette E, Law E, Academia F, Persuasion D, Empathy E, Perception E, Insight D, Business F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - After some time spent in study, on the road, and in the court of nobles Retili has learned the way and bearing required to be at least adequate in the many skills expected of nobility.

Ko Matatsu
0f20385a657e1da82ebe751212723f15.jpg

Languages: Common, Bestial.

"...Can't say it doesn't match the name..." Ko strutted through the gates with his hands on the back of his head, swords upon his belt sway in time with his steps, his tail slowly following suit. He had brushed it, applied that hair oil to the fur... he had taken to a nice licorice scent of late, he did the same for his hair of course, he was no savage to simply care for the thing that got him his swords.

Though, they were the reason partially why he was here at all.

But he was also here because he was bored. Okay mostly because he was bored.

And where better to go than some... Burgeoning barony that had little to do...?

Tsk... hopefully he can find some strong duelists around, he already was bored...

But he just thought of the fact he was bored and now hes thinking it again... was he entertaining himself by thinking about the fact he was bored?

The canid man sighed, bringing his hands back down to his waist and looking around to see if he could find anything worthwhile taking a look at... Hrmm... is that a statue...? there was two? Hrmm... Some sort of art thing...? Was this place some sort of artist hub he hadn't heard about? tsk, the thought of that brings back memories of being forced to put brush to paper... The hell would he ever use calligraphy for? No one cared about fancy writing, his was the path of the warrior not some soft court orderly!

Was he good at it? Well.. uhh.. No...

BUT THAT DIDN'T MATTER!!

He would go see these weird statues and... Wait... Did that one move...?

"...And hows that ice sculpture not melting...?" three statues now, he was nearby them now... How.. curious... And their moving..? Were they big puppets? Where were the voices coming from...?

Purple hair kitsune nine tails hazel eyes shrine samurai s-2151277165.png
Ringo
Mentions: Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Voider Voider conman2163 conman2163

Ringo yawned and nodded as she rubbed the last of the sleep from her eyes. "{I didn't sleep much. I've never slept in a bed before. I would just enter my statue to reinvigorate each night. And I was never alone before...}" As the field of magic appeared, Ringo felt her energy returning, clenching her fingers to get the last of the stiffness out. "{Th-thank you.}" She perked up and smiled at Regula's offer, moving closer to her as her tails started to sway. "{Really?! I don't have to stay by myself in that room anymore?!}" Her stomach let out a growl and she looked at it embarrassed, stepping back from Regula. "{I-I'm sorry. It keeps doing that, I'm not sure why. It feels strange too.}"

She gave a quick thumbs up to Zouli and Teuihua. "+This should work well.+" As more people began to show up, she began to get nervous. She started to move toward Teuihua instinctively, but stopped and moved closer to Regula instead.

Teuihua
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 12.22.30 AM.png

Languages: "Common", "+Mictlantecuhtlian+"​

Mentions: Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Voider Voider conman2163 conman2163 Orikanyo Orikanyo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Teuihua was now more at ease since it became apparent that Glacier was unlikely to be a threat.

"No problem." He responded.

Teuihua was pleasantly surprised to see a more familiar, face show up, in that being Retili, to whom he waved too once again as a means of welcoming him back. It looked like his military was doing well too, which was nice to see as it meant that barony was only more secure with his presense, as far as Teuihua could tell Retili was a sensible ally who he trusted.

After hearing Ringo's confirmation, to which Teuihua gave a nod toward her, "+Very good to hear Ringo. We shall make it so.+"

Teuihua then gave a nod toward Baroness Caelia "Yes, I believe that Zeouli and myself could dig that tree up and transplant it to preserve it rather than needing to cut it down."

"Zeouli and myself are also able to assist Sven with the foundations if you would find that to be a desirable endeavor, Baroness Caelia."
Teuihua reported back pretty punctual as ever.

"The two of us will be ready to get to work at your word." He then translated what had been said in the exchange to Zeouli, before she too gave a nod.

The beast sword user on the other hand did catch the construct's attention, Teuihua looked over toward Ko's way as he got closer and took a bit more of a defensive position, staying near Regula as well as Ringo and the rest who were present. This was another new comer who Teuihua was not used to seeing in the Barony. Despite this strategic shift, Teuihua also gave a wave to Ko.

"Hello there, what brings you to the Caelia Barony?" He'd inquire once again for that day. Teuihua generally had a policy that unless someone was being openly threatening or suspicious it was better to address and approach them like he would any other visitor, the information he could gather would probably be more beneficial that way.

Zeouli
cee80dd44fc81fff8f2d4a4825afac34-1-2.png

Languages: "%Analog%", "+Mictlantecuhtlian+"
Zeouli seemed to be managing well enough with these situations, She was mostly mirroring what Teuihua did where she could, particularly where the language barrier became an issue, thankfully Teuihua was translating for her in the right spots so she could react accordingly. Nevertheless Zeouli was intrigued by the Analog she heard back from Glacier.

"%You have a rather beautiful dialect, I wish you well on your journey of improvement, and I do hope that you enjoy your time here.%" She responded to Glacier.

Beyond that she too nodded to Ringo "+I am pleased to hear that you agree with my assessment of this location. I will do my utmost to make sure your shrine is placed safe and sound.+"

Other than that Zeouli was respectful and agreeable with the other interactions, by that point also ready to get working whenever it was deemed time. She too was curious when Ko appeared looking his way, also waving as Teuihua had, unfortunately she could not speak any of the languages which Ko did.

Last edited:
Time: 09:15 Weather: Clear skies.

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Mentions: Ringo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal | Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Teuihua/Zeouli TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Glacier Voider Voider | Ko Orikanyo Orikanyo | Retili conman2163 conman2163

She instinctively tilted her head at Glacier's reply. “A general understanding...” She repeated. She could probably do that? “Well, this town is currently the capital town, after the fall of Yemaya. It's known for its walls, which were recently fixed up. Notable features... There's the keep and barracks? The inn has a rather well-known chef working in it. The shop sometimes sells peculiar items. We'll be revolutionising agriculture and well, there's going to be a shrine right here.” She pointed ahead of her. “Although you can travel to Yemaya to the north-west, to explore the remains of the city above ground or its magic and danger-filled labyrinths underground. To the north-east is Sootspire, with its mine and mountain. The mountain has some very beautiful spots to explore. To the south is Kirkwall, with its unique town-design and eh... complex political structure.” That was about all she could think off, until she recalled one more thing. “I heard rumours of there being a mage's tower, somewhere in the wilderness between Yemaya and Sootspire, in the northern part of the barony.” That was the last bit she could come up with. “Is that the type of information you were looking for?”

The next arrival surprised. “Retili! Welcome back~” She greeted the scribe, as her eyes looked over the army in the distance. By the gods, the tiny fae bastards had multiplied even more. “It seems you bring a bigger army after each time you've been away for a while.” She said, mainly as a joke, but with an underlying question as to what his goals were with all this manpower.

“Anyhow, how was your trip? Did anything of note happen?” She'd ask him, before recalling he could probably use an update on the situation here. “Things are going well over here. The mayors have been playing nice, the walls are functional, most people that remain in Yemaya have shelter now, we've got crop rotations going, some healers moved into the villages and towns, I struck some deals with Baron Morbella... oh, and we're about to place a shrine right here!” She ended with some enthusiasm. Until she recalled Retili's past. “Ah, don't worry. I'll do what I can to ensure this doesn't cause issues with the established pantheon. What happened with the Solarians is still well on my mind and I do not wish to repeat the past.” She promised him.

That's when the next person (Ko) distracted her. “Ah! Ta—” Did she really almost call that man 'tail' like that? Yikes. Wait, what was his actual name again? Had he ever even told her to begin with? “Welcome back~” She eventually replied, playing it off as if nothing happened. “Were you here to get your sword reforged?” She asked, although the [Tail Freak] vibes that question was paired with suggested an ulterior motive was at play right here. (Something those with sufficient (E+) insight could pick up on even without having a tail of their own.)

[Tail Freak] - Character displays an unnatural attraction to tails. Creatures with tails will be intuitively concerned within character's presence. Those petted may have lingering feelings of being dirty and regret or receive the title Thoroughly Petted.

As for her reply to Ringo, she smiled. “{Of course you won't~}” Wait, what did she just agree to? Step back a few. Ringo couldn't sleep much, just reinvigorated in her statue, didn't want to stay by herself. Right. So far so good. Yet, well, if she promised Ringo that she wouldn't need to be by herself any more, then what would logically follow... finding another person to accompany Ringo or... or... Hmm. Well... She got stuck. Unsure of what to do or not do, especially with so many others around and with so little clue as to what Ringo thought she might've meant. After all, even Regula didn't know what she herself might've meant just now. Perhaps ignoring the question would make it go away. Of course it would. Yep. “{Ah, by the way, it sounds like you might just be hungry. We can go get some breakfast soon~}” She promised Ringo.

Time to address Teuihua! “That would be great! If the two on you could start on relocating the tree immediately, that'd be best. It won't be in the way.” She nodded, signalling them to show off how cool they really were, assuming Teuihua would translate this time around. “You can go help Sven afterwards.” She stated, assuming that Sven wouldn't ask anything outrages. The latter was rather straight-to-the-point, after all. She didn't expect anything odd or outrageous from him.

Last edited:
Ryan Kylieth

Ryan was not having a particularly great time as of recent. He made his date with Aileen end in an awkward note, which has resulted in a somewhat tense living and working space. He felt too weird talking to Aileen, trying to limit himself to talk to her the bare minimum in order to avoid worsening the situation, yet he knew that was wrong too. If only he didn't chicken out and just told her something, anything, when she did... that... But what could have he possibly said without coming off as creepy or weird?

Those were his recurring thoughts these last days, Ryan just tried his best to busy his mind with work. Sadly, he had managed to get all pending orders done yesterday, meaning he'd have some free time today. Waking up to that, he decided to wander away from the smithy for a bit today. Doing some target practice sounded like the perfect distraction. Forging the prototype weapon he designed based on the schematics Regula gave him a while ago was circling his head for a while now, but he lacked the skill to pull it off properly. That might have to wait until he gets the chance to work with the Baroness...

Regardless, he headed for the outside of the walls. As he moved along, he noticed a large crowd in the vicinity. Well, more like a small army, and then a group closer by. He was quick to notice that they were Retili's folk, as the zentox was present in the nearer group. There was also Regula, Aria, Sven, Teuihua, and some unknown faces. Curious, he approached the group. "Good morning... Everyone" Ryan stated, unsure on how to address such a large group of people. He glanced at Retili's entourage, then at Retili himself, then at Regula. "Is something the matter? Do let me know if I can be of help." the smith offered, hoping he could actually get tasked with something. In the meantime, his 360 degree sight took over and inspected the unknown people with [Appraisal D] in a stealthy manner.

Glacier

Glacier.gif

Interactions: Zeouli ( TheTimePiece TheTimePiece ), Regula ( Elvario Elvario ), Ryan ( Valkan Valkan )

Glacier bowed his head in appreciation as he responded to Zeouli, "%I thank you for the compliment... and wish of wellness on my journey.%"

Listening intently to Regula, Glacier sat on the ground with his ears perked. "That is precisely the kind of information I was seeking... thank you for the knowledge of the region." Stonewall, a local capital; Yemaya, ruins of an old city; Sootspire, a mine and mountain; as well as Kirkwall, a town with "unique" designs and political structure... Glacier truly had no idea if this information would be of any use to him, but it was better to know than to be ignorant. Besides, one never knew when such things could be useful later on. "If your business here is of importance... then I may take my leave into Stonewall... as I do not wish to intrude." Glacier offered as he stood back up, unsure if he was interrupting work here. "Though, I do have one more question... is there any quiet place for practicing in the vicinity?" He asked, his head turning to take another look towards the sky "Particularly... one covered from the sun's rays."

As more individuals approached the grouping of people, Glacier observed them, curious as to their presence here. "Greetings" He said to the red haired man, deciding that a brief response to the "good morning" would be polite. He also took note of the man nearby with canine ears, who seemed to be slowly approaching.

Last edited:
Ko
0f20385a657e1da82ebe751212723f15.jpg

Ko leapt back for a moment a hand upon a sword. "Good gods..." he blinked a few times, before recomposing himself. No need for alarm if others weren't alarmed.. Yes... No need to be spooked by.... Clearly things made for entertainment! Yes, that is what these things must be. "I am here to..." he paused however, his target had made themselves known willingly, and were happy to see him. Good, it will make the act of getting his swords refurbished all the easier.

"I have indeed returned, Baronness." he turned to the woman with a sharp turn, and producing a deep bow. "I have come for reasons same as the last. My strength has grown and so too my need for acceptable arms. If your prices have not changed, I shall wish to commission you accordingly..." he paused to consider the other beastial featured person here...

"..Hmm? A Kitsune...?" Gods... No... Don't tell me that she had grown so lustful for tails she brought a kitsune on retainer?!

They were tricky types.. he should remain careful lest she cause mischief.

he hoped also that his one tail would not be considered and inferior thing compared to her nine. It bought him his many swords after all...

There was... Alot of people here...

If you counted the statues...

It was true, the highborn were popular... he himself knew of such pains, but he threw THAT life away long ago. Nothing more matters than his swordplay.

"...Is there an art exhibition ongoing? I do not know Southerner art such as these.." he motions towards the ice fox and the two stone/metal 'things" he held no true understanding of. "Or are they... Tools...? They speak..."

__konpaku_youmu_touhou_drawn_by_maho_moco__sample-8e92aa4d6ca3cc53c71bc5528fc41058.jpg

The marshal nodded at the comments and statements if progress mentioned by her sister, "Yes, of course. But most of the credit should be given to you m'lady, we all believe in your ability to grow this barony prosperously and I truly feel our already unwavering faith will multiply with the results we've made." Her allegiance was stronger than ever, and her faith that much more.

Then a most peculiar creature arrived at the scene during their briefing, it seemingly was made of ice. The marshal tilted her head, "Well met, welcome to Caelia Territory." With a nod. She didn't have much to say, she was wary but didn't quite catch Regulas expressions. Aria crossed her arms, and was about to address the glacial mana creature but Regula seemed to explain things much less briefly.

Her attention then was taken towards the peculiar yet familiar animal eared character, Ko. Aria compared his gait was that of someone in training, his katana fastened to his belt caught her attention as well. She smiled a bit, "Welcome back, sir." She stated. But then the marshals eye twitched and turned to her would be sister Regula. "M'lady?" She said somewhat shocked, then looked back at Ko, unable to even hold his gaze. Aria made a mental note to have a tall with the baroness before the day was over, however, how to save her from herself with everyone around?

Shortly after, Ryan arrived, yet another familiar face, "Ryan, pleasant morning." Still a bit uneasy, same with the carpenter to which the marshal just nodded. "Sir."

Finally, and much to Arias pleasure was Retilli, she walked up to him and bowed her head slightly. "Councilor." She greeted, "welcome back, your presence is most anticipated." Then taking a look at his soldiers her question was as likely as Regulas to which she anticipated an answer. The marshal was indeed impressed. "How did everything fare on your travels?"

Retili let a bemused smile rest on his lips at the unspoken question that both Regula and Aria had about his ever increasing personal guard. He hadn't disclosed to Regula where his Fae bodyguard were being sent from or why, and he figured for now he would keep it that way. Best to have them be a bit wary of him after all. The question of what had happened on the trip was a bit more complicated though, so he decided to keep it to the bare minimum, addressing both Aria and Regula at once. "You may or may not be aware that I was escorting the cult of Leilosis to the Ryke border. Along with them went Michael, the Blue Knight." The name Michael was said as if it was bitter. It was quite clear Retili disliked the man and he wasn't hiding it. "I was able to travel to the part of Sadek county they had their temple at and escort them to the border safely. We were attacked once by bandits during the trip, but otherwise it was largely uneventful." Retili paused to consider Regula's account of what had changed in the barony. "I am glad to hear that you have done so well in my absence Lady Caelia, though I would be most interested to hear of what deals you struck with the Morbella Barony." He fell silent for a moment as the Baroness addressed a beast-kin. Their named escaped Retili to start with, but he had seen them before when he first came into the service of the Baroness. He thought he could detect certain unbaronessly thoughts running through the mind of Regula [Insight D], and alarm bells started going off inside his head. He would need 'to make certain that Regula didn't do anything that would create scandal for the Barony. If she wanted to pet tails that was her business, but she would have to do so in private. The last thing the fledgling barony needed was some sort of rumor about their Baroness being a Tail Freak or something ridiculous like that. He smiled, this time the look a tad more diplomatic then the bemused one from before. "Lady Caelia, perhaps I could ask for an introduction? There are a few faces you seem to know here that I do not."

• Caelia Savant D - Law E, Warfare E, Business F, Academia F, Area Knowledge [Caelia Barony] F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Retili uses his comprehensive knowledge built up through years of study to overcome issues that smooth talking might not otherwise be capable of.
  • Charismatic Scribe D - Insight D, Perception E, Empathy E, Persuasion D - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Using his quick wit and fast mind, Retili talks his way around and through problems that he encounters.
  • Noble Bearing D - Etiquette E, Law E, Academia F, Persuasion D, Empathy E, Perception E, Insight D, Business F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - After some time spent in study, on the road, and in the court of nobles Retili has learned the way and bearing required to be at least adequate in the many skills expected of nobility.

Teuihua & Zeouli
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 12.22.30 AM.pngcee80dd44fc81fff8f2d4a4825afac34-1-2.png
Elvario Elvario conman2163 conman2163 RavenSong RavenSong Orikanyo Orikanyo Voider Voider Valkan Valkan

Teuihua was more at ease when he realized that Regula seemed to know who Ko was, to which he went to a more neutral stance. He listened to the conversations ongoing not having much to say at the moment since much of them didn't really pertain to him. It did sound like perhaps there was a partial misunderstanding to what he, Zeouli and the ice being were, but that was fine, he was sure Regula would sort it out, though technically there was art on Teuihua and Zeouli's bodies so to an extent they were both also pieces of art, while also having the utility of tools, one could argue constructs were tools at their basest functionality, nevertheless Teuihua was just glad none of the newcomers seemed to be threats.

Teuihua and Zeouli also gave a wave to Ryan who was another pleasant familiar face for Teuihua who he found he could trust. By extension Zeouli felt more at ease, upon seeing that Teuihua was at ease.

"Good morning Ryan it is nice to see you again." Teuihua replied. Zeouli then gave a nod facing Glacier, of acknowledgement "%Of course, I am certain there are many here to be of assistance should you need it.%"

Unlike Retili, Teuihua and Zeouli, while curious didn't really know the extent to the thoughts Regula was having as far as tails went, Teuihua left wondering what word she was going to say.

Both constructs then turned to the Baroness as she addressed them. Teuihua was more than ready to get to work on it, as he gave her a bow, "I understand Baroness Caelia, we will commence then." He then translated to Zeouli about what her words were in Mictlantecuhtlian. To which Zeouli mimicked Teuihua in her gesture.

"%I will do my utmost to fulfill the tasks, Baroness Caelia.%"
----
Presuming nobody else really had anything else to say to the pair at the moment from that point while the others talked, the two constructs made their way over to the tree and began to use their bodies to remove the earth around the tree efficiently, Teuihua feeling content focusing on this task rather than guarding at the moment because it seemed everyone was getting along well enough and were either established allies or friendly. In addition his 360 Degree Vision Feature helped, even if someone were to start acting up behind Teuihua he'd see it.

Both constructs showed the advantage off nicely of being inorganic lifeforms, they did not tire the same way, and could continue at the task without tiring out well beyond the means of most from the other trees. (Whenever Elvario decides is okay as far as time passage goes since narrator) Teuihua would leverage his SuperStrength D helping him deal with objects up to 1000 lbs, While Zeouli would help balance the tree out as they lifted it once the earth was cleared out around it. They then would place it carefully so as to not damage the roots or more delicate top parts.

Purple hair kitsune nine tails hazel eyes shrine samurai s-1644768126.png
Ringo
Mentions: Elvario Elvario Orikanyo Orikanyo

Ringo smiled widely when Regula agreed, her tails flowin gas though being blown by a gentle breeze. "{Thank you so much! You've been so nice to me since we met!}" Although, she supposed it wouldn't matter, since her statue would be placed back down here momentarily. But that fact that she knew she wouldn't have to stay alone any more filled her with relief. She blinked and looked at Regula as she mentioned breakfast, her tails stopping their normal swaying action. "{Hungry? Is that what that is? I don't think I've ever been hungry before. We had plenty of offerings while I was active and I don't use energy in the stasis realm. I've never gone this long with out either... I would like to get breakfast with you!}"

Ringo stared in amazing and joy as Zeouli and Teuihua lifted the tree from the ground.

She eyed Ko curiously as he approached, before becoming excited and rushing to him, unleashing a burst of Mictlantecuhtilan at him as her tails fanned out around her. "+Finally! You can understand me, right? Surely you can, you're a beast, right? Are you from around here?+"

Time: 09:15 Weather: Clear skies.

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Mentions: Ringo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal | Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Teuihua/Zeouli TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Glacier Voider Voider | Ko Orikanyo Orikanyo | Retili conman2163 conman2163 | Ryan Valkan Valkan

It'd be a lie to say she was surprised to see Ryan. He pretty much lived her, after all. She was, however, surprised to see him walk up to such a big group and greet all of them. That must've not been easy for him, so he'd come far! “Good morning to you as well~” When he offered to be of help, she thought for a bit. “I'm probably going to smith some gear later, but for now, we're going to put down a shrine here~!” She replied, figuring she might as well dive straight into it. “Sven's already noticed the soil might be a bit to mushy to carry it though, so we'll need foundations for it. I sort-off wish Amanda was here, as she's got more engineering knowledge than I do, considering we're still trying to figure out how exactly we'd want to support it. I don't suppose you've got some ideas?” It was a bit of a far-fetch, but she did recall he'd been learning about all sorts of tinkering and whatnot. Perhaps he'd studied up on this as well? “I wonder if I could use Tremor-sense to figure out where the most solid rock formations are beneath this soil...” She mumbled to herself, as she continued to ponder about the topic. His appraisal D + 360 vision didn't have enhanced range to it, so he'd only be able to use it to spy on those in his immediately vicinity.

Next, she nodded at the ice-fox (Glacier). “You're welcome. Although I don't think I got your name.” It'd been fun keeping her own out, but that game was over by now. “I'm Regula Caelia, it's nice to meet you.” She'd state, as it'd be rude to ask for one's name without giving her own. As for his last question, she wasn't sure. “I guess you could practice in the shades of the walls? They're rather tall.” That was the best she could come up with. “Although what do you wish to practice? Are you a mage of sorts?” Honestly, that was the first question she'd wanted answered, but not exactly the last. She wondered what this creature even was to begin with.

Ko's reaction to Teuihua and Zeouli was a bit surprising. Surely constructs weren't that uncommon? Other than the ice one, perhaps, which she still couldn't place. “Well, I'll admit they're good-looking, but they're neither tools nor exhibition pieces. They're Teuihua and Zeouli, two of my dear friends. The other is a newly arrived guest.” That was a good enough introduction. For now at least. After all, there was a more important matter to be discussed. His reason for being here. “My price remains the same, so I'm sure we can come to another agreement.” She spoke, an odd 'twinkle' in her eyes that seemed to scream [Tail-Freak] with a voiceless voice. Even so, she managed to reign herself in. “That said, I have another task at hand right now. We're going to place a shrine right here.” She pointed at the area ahead of them. “I'll get to working the forge later today, once that is all done.”

Aria's words made her heart warm up a bit more. “That's too much praise. I insist, it's a team effort. I couldn't have even gotten half as far as I did without so many loyal people to back me up. Especially someone like you, who's supported me from the very beginning.” She could barely take on so much credit for all of this. “Ah, come to think on it, I don't suppose you know where Amanda is at? I could use some input in how to place down this shrine. I'm probably overthinking this at this point, but I'd never forgive myself if I ended up breaking Ringo's home.” That part was rather worrisome.

When Retili mentioned escorting the cult, it rang some bells. However, she was surprised by his tone of voice when mentioning Michael. “Did you and Michael have a falling-out?” She wasn't entirely sure what she herself thought of him, but it surely wasn't something that'd make her sound as bitter about him as Retili did. Especially not in a public manner. “Although I'm glad to hear the trip went well enough otherwise. With them having left this place peacefully, we have no more reason to fear lingering cultists or attacks from their faith, so I'd like to thank you for your efforts.” She replied, a bit more formal. As for her deals with baron Morbella... “Well, for one, he gave me the shrine I'm about to put down. He also offered some research agreements regarding magic and enchantments for the near future, but we've yet to iron out some details. Considering we're on great terms, I'm expecting we should be able to make other sorts of treaties for trade and the likes as well.”

When he asked for an introduction, she nodded. “That's one of my returning customers, a warrior who's blade I forged before.” And who's name she'd forgotten, but she left that part out as she introduced Ko. “That's Zeouli, she's from Teuihua's civilization, although she speaks only Analog and Mictlantechulian.” Then to Ringo. “That's Ringo, she lives in the shrine we're about to resettle here as its guardian. She sort-off got bound to me by some sort-off ancient deity. It was a rather odd experience. Ah, she speaks Sylvan as well, besides Mictlantechulian.” That was the best at which she could explain it. “The mister made out of ice over there is new to me as well.” That should cover everyone, right? It should be enough, at least.

She looked as Teuihua and Zeouli started working on relocating the tree. %“That'd be great!”% She replied to Zeouli upon hearing her state she'd do do her best, in as encouraging a manner as she could in the odd language. Their biggest hurdle was probably lifting the tree gently enough to not rip loose all its roots and make them snap off. After all, they were rather grown-through with all the rocks and were firmly stuck. Depending on how much they cared to give it a shot to thrive elsewhere and what thoughts/ideas they might have on removing it root-and-all, they'd take some additional time and increase the chances of this tree living on elsewhere, rather than becoming a rootless decoration doomed to die a slow death.

Finally, Ringo brought up a great point. {“Being hungry is when you need food.”} This girl had clearly been stuck in stasis for a long time, if she didn't even know such basics. {“Actually, that's a good idea. We can go pick up some breakfast at the inn.”} She looked around. “Teuihua, you and Zeouli can help out Sven once you're done. I'm going to go buy some food at the inn. Would you two like something as well?” She knew they didn't really 'eat', but their disintegrating taste-things might make them hungry? She figures she'd at least offer.

{“Anyway, the inn is this way.”} She spoke, gesturing toward the town for Ringo (and anyone else that wanted to) to follow along. She might give Hestia a panic attack if she barged in with so many people this early in the morning, but she figured the woman would survive the shock.

Glacier

Glacier.gif

Interactions: Zeouli ( TheTimePiece TheTimePiece ), Ko ( Orikanyo Orikanyo ), Regula ( Elvario Elvario ), Retili ( conman2163 conman2163 )

"%I shall keep that in mind.%" Glacier said to Zeouli, bowing his head in appreciation, the conversation with a fellow construct coming to an end.

Glacier turned to Ko, his muzzle just barely rising. "I am neither art nor a tool... though my body is comprised of ice, I am I fellow sapient creature."

Looking back to Regula, Glacier introduced himself in turn. "My name is Glacier... I am happy to meet you, Miss Caelia." As she suggested using the walls for a shaded area, he titled his head in contemplation. "Perhaps that could work..." Though before Glacier could think too much about it, Regula's question drew his attention. "A mage... is one term that could be used. To me, however... it is simply a call to the cold... my nature, so to speak." He finished with a nod, his core glowing slightly brighter for a moment.

As Regula introduced everyone to Retili, including himself, Glacier gave a bow of his head to the small man. "Greetings" Having a shoulder height of only 3'6" (though quite taller than a normal fox), he did not meet many who were shorter than himself.

After patiently watching the exchanges of conversation between everyone, Glacier spoke up as Regula gestured towards Stonewall. "If you do not mind... perhaps I could join you into the town? I can conduct my practice... at a later time."

Teuihua & Zeouli
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 12.22.30 AM.pngcee80dd44fc81fff8f2d4a4825afac34-1-1.png
Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Voider Voider Orikanyo Orikanyo conman2163 conman2163 Valkan Valkan StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Zeouli, even though not able to express it outwardly physically in the most conventional ways, she was pleased to how Glacier seemed to perceive her, acting quite polite all things considered which was nice to experience. There didn't appear to be as many constructs around here so it was an interesting experience all around to be able to speak Analog. Then there was Regula's encouragement which really lifted Zeouli's spirits, the one who had been kind enough to let her come and help was reassuring. Zeouli gave another small bow in response to Regula, quite pleased overall.

Thankfully during the tree lifting process, Zeouli knew how to direct Teuihua some in Mictlantecuhtlian for which parts of the tree to be especially careful of thanks to her knowledge with Nature F, something which Teuihua's background as a border guard wasn't really fleshed out as much knowledge wise. As a result she was able to inform him of the method to take and what the best interim transplanting method would be to minimize root damage. As a result it took the pair some additional time given just how much more involved it was to, part of which involved Teuihua forcibly removing rocks no doubt with the crater around the tree they had made, they also had to keep going to discern just how far out some of the roots went from the tree also adding to the time it took to properly move it. However their determined pace and constructs did help speed the more involved process along regardless, compared to most organics. While hearing bits of the conversations going on probably, Teuihua was very much focused on the task at hand, however when he heard that they were being addressed, just out of respect reasons rather than a need too, he turned his head to face her.

"Understood It shall be done then, and yes actually, that would be most appreciated if it would truly be no trouble. I can accept whatever is convenient, as long as it is organic material. I find that processing such materials does help with the efficiency of some of my functions " Teuhiua said with a positive intonation in his voice. There was also the fact that Teuihua could still taste things which could really only be explained by magic, science or some combination there of perhaps. He then translated for Zeouli.

Zeouli then spoke back, "%Yes, an offering for Qeotl would be ideal. Preferably something containing some form of produce. Thank you very much.%" The implication was pretty clear that whatever Zeouli was to accept and presumably disintegrate was to serve as a religious offering for Qeotl.

For whatever transpired next the pair continued to their work diligently until presumably they could properly move the tree out of the ground with no to minimal damage. Whenever they reached that point They would make themselves known to Sven that they were ready to assist when needed.

Ko
499b99dec6c8c70a44aa76a255f8c735.png

Speaking to Ringo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Regula Elvario Elvario

"...What?" Is all Ko could say to the kitsune who approached him... he could speak bestial, common, but whatever this was it was... Confusing.... It had archiac sounding words and in truth he couldn't understand... Anything she said... Some words did however sound.. vaguely familiar... "..Uhh... Nice to.. meet you?" his confusion was clear, her display of furious fluffyness was surprising.. She.. seemed to be interested in speaking to him.

Surely she didn't fall in love with him from first sight.

No.. No.. It wouldn't do to think such things about a strange Kitsune who doesn't speak a common language with him...

"...A shrine.. ah.. for the kitsune..." he regarded Regula's words easy enough, though he disregarded the others explanations of what they were... He didn't care what they had going on in this land, he just needed his swords... he was a warrior, not an architect or golem crafter.

"...Or for the golems..? Either way, I shall await the time to facilitate the weaponry...." he turned a lightly concerned look to Regula before motioning to Ringo. "I do not think I can speak to her, despite her desires to."

Retili blinked twice in stunned surprise at the question. Regula had been there. She had heard how he leveled a city and killed the inhabitants. How was it that she didn't know? That interaction had colored his opinion of the man ever since. Sure, he had gone out of his way to revive the people of the city he had killed, but just because he revived them did not absolve him of the sin he had committed. Not only that but the man had the gall to thank him as if he was some sort of long lost ally. To Regula it would be very clear that Retili had some sharp opinion to share as his usually controlled body language went under rapid displays of shock to anger to control again. He held his tongue as he didn't trust that he wouldn't say something stupid that might destroy the carefully cultivated professional relationship he had with Regula. He carefully plastered a professional stony look to his face and bowed his head. "I am gratified that you were pleased with my efforts. With any luck the Count will look fondly on us both for the effort expended."

Retili briefly turned to examine the others. The brief hesitation Regula had when speaking on the swordsman was not missed by Retili but he put it aside for the moment. The new construct was a surprise as the Zentox was not aware the construct's own civilization had such functional remains left. It had been his understanding that the golem was a rare find. Retili did not speak analog despite his long academic career however and he had found no texts that would allow him to communicate in Teuihua's native tongue. Instead he turned his attention on Ringo. It was another surprise to find that she also spoke the tongue of Teuihua's civilization, but Sylvan was a language he knew and understood, so he could at least communicate with her. He was curious to know what sort of circumstances had led Ringo to be bound to Regula. At the mention of the Inn though Retili's attention was immediately taken. He had built the habit over the past months of chatting with Hestia when he had a chance to visit the inn. While they didn't have a relationship per say, it had been some time since he had been able to visit and talk to her. Particularly given that he had been away traveling for some weeks now. "Some tea sounds like an excellent idea." He looked briefly over at his men who were covertly shooting him dirty looks. It was as if they already knew that he was about to leave for the inn without them.

Ryan Kylieth

To Regula it may have looked like Ryan had grown more confident. Which was partially true. But he was more trying his hardest to busy his mind with non-Aileen business, though as the group chat continued, he started to feel the burn. He awkwardly smiled back at those who answered to his greeting, before answering to Regula "S-smith some gear? I'd be more than glad to help you out should you need to... I also have some schematics I'd like you to see. I based them off of your gift. Maybe you could help me make them functional?- Ahem!" he cleared his throat once he realized he may be speaking too much.

Trying to steer himself back in order, Ryan tried to answer the baroness' inquiry... Based on his limited knowledge on [Engineering]. "Well, I can think of two things if mushy soil is the problem. One would be to place a platform of a very sturdy material as a base for the building, making it 'float' over the soil. Or holes could be dug, where pillars could be used to stabilize the construction... from where we find... more stable soil below..." Then Ryan slowly went quiet, as he realized how wrong he could be, and simply lowered his head. "...I think" he faintly concluded.

When it came to Regula speaking of going to the inn, Ryan found himself at odds. Should he go? Should he stay? It's not like he was actually invited. So instead, he kept his head down and hoped for the best. Maybe he would have been better off just going to the nearby forest and practice his shooting after all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back