• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Stonewall Town] Beauty's In The Eye Of The Beholder

Ryan Kylieth

"It was, kinda. Maybe we could do it... you know, together." Ryan shyly offered, while taking a bite of his sandwich. He made no comment, but he certainly was amazed by the peculiar and unique flavor. He then laughed "Very kind of you" he nodded at Aileen, smiling between giggles. The mental image of her chasing down his bullies with a hammer was amusing.

It was then that Ryan overwhelmed Aileen with was his eyes can do. As she spoke, Ryan took a couple more bites of his sandwich. Well, yes. it's a bit difficult to describe... Maybe, like if I had a bunch of invisible mirrors allowing me to see in every direction at once... And also through myself... Yeah, no, it's pretty weird... He finalized with a sigh "I wish I could show you". Defeated, Ryan took another bite.

Just Outside of Stonewall
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Just outside of Capital Town: Stonewall.
Time: Early afternoon Weather: Nice breeze, sunshine
718a14e07104a0b12e72b0d0c11fc2a7.png
Mentions: Ryan Valkan Valkan

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

She veered up in excitement at the thought of traversing the country together. “That would be really cool! There are a fair few places I always hoped to visit!” She spoke, already planning the trip in her head. “Oh, but we'll have to convince my dad to allow it. He might not like having me away form the forge and travelling so far from home...”

Considering Ryan's explanation clarified next to nothing, she just nodded at his final statement. “It sounds like you're really seeing the world in a different way, like that. Like how you can't imagine what it must be like the view the world from above, like a bird, or from really small, like an ant, right? Except even more so, as you've got a whole lot of unique per... perspective? Perspective things!” She struggled a bit on that last word, but she hoped Ryan didn't mind too much.

She figured she'd keep her mind on more fun things for now. Like destination they could travel too! “What places would you like to visit? I heard there's a really beautiful lake near some small mining village in the north-east of the country, but I also heard that the Imperial Logia Academy is a really cool building and that the city of Azuran in the south-west has a really amazing Cliffside palace and that there's a village that actually somehow deals with trolls and that Eldrin county has some really amazing forests and that there are some amazing craftsmen and engineers in Isolde county and...” She realised she'd been speaking a lot and rather quickly, so she stopped mid-sentence. She'd gotten a bit too excited there.

Ryan Kylieth

Ryan couldn't help but smile at Aileen's excitement, "Yeah, I figured as much... But I think it's worth trying to convince him, don't you agree?" Ryan's smile grew wider. The thought of sharing such an experience with just his girlfriend was one that brought him joy, for certain. Another thing he couldn't help but to be happy about was that Aileen wasn't put off by neither his eye nor the power he had, though he kept that to himself. He didn't want to put her down with his negativity. She did all of this for him. The least he could do is make it a happy memory for the both of them. He wasn't all that concerned anyways, Aileen is a great person after all, he thought as he took the final bite off his sandwich. "That sandwich was amazing! Great job!" he complimented with a thumbs up, unaware of the bit of mayo left on his cheek.

Ryan's eyes shone with wonder, as Aileen listed as places they could visit. It was great to see her so excited. Though it seemed her shyness took some wind out of her sails, so in an attempt to encourage her on, he gently placed his hand on top of hers. "Go on, I don't mind. I love listening to you anyway."

Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Just outside of Capital Town: Stonewall.

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

“We can definitely try! Perhaps if I say it's a journey to train my blacksmithing skills by going on a... a 'journey of self-discovery' or something! I bet he might believe it if I say that!” She said, smiling at the prospect of using some grand story to use as an excuse for travelling with Ryan.

She also lit up at the praise of her sandwich. “I'm glad you liked it! I worried it'd be bad, cause I'd never be able to make them just like chef Todo does, but I'm glad they were good enough!” She smiled, feeling at tad proud of her new accomplishment. She had more talents than just blacksmithing after all! Perhaps.

That's when she noticed the mayonnaise on his cheek, as she leaned in to brush it off with her finger, but somehow felt a (roll of the dice) flash of courage, as rather than wiping it off, she kissed his cheek and licked it off. Almost instantly after doing it, she turned red as a beet and withdrew. “T-that... was.. weird. I'm sorry...”

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

With Ryan having successfully (yet unknowingly) baited Aileen into making an embarrassing move, the rest of their date fizzled out with some slight embarrassing looks and awkward contact. It's been nice and fun though, despite the overwhelmingly awkward ending that made her sink into the ground. The latter would make it a bit more challenging to plan the next one, but perhaps Ryan himself would be brave enough to come up with something next time around. For now, they ended up going their separate ways, with Aileen deciding to smith away her thoughts at the forge after dropping off the painting supplies they'd used.

The End

Users who are viewing this thread

Back