Other IS MxM ( fxf too) roleplay gay roleplay?

Just ask them in the thread. It will usually be clarified, and I tend to think it refers to romance roleplays, but best way is just to ask it out on the thread or when you send a PM. Best of luck!

at the very least, in my experience i have not seen the terms fxf/mxm used to refer to anything other than romantic plots! not to say that it's NEVER been done, just that i don't think it's at all typical. ship names didn't used to be quite as popular as they are now, so for example you got a lot of 'sasuke x naruto' before times moved on to 'sasunaru'. i always read 'x' as being romantic, while phrasings that use '&' or something similar instead are a bit more open-ended. like everyone else has said, though, there's no harm in asking!

Umm yeah M/M, M//, MxM (F/F, F//, FxF) all denote gay and lesbian relationships only, unless the person states otherwise you can safely assume they mean romantic gay and lesbian relationships.

It depends on the RPer, really. In my case I state MxM because I have that preference for any romance that occurs. That doesn't mean all my roleplays necessarily contain romances/pairings and I say that in my search posts. I just include MxM in the title so people have a general idea from the get go what I mainly look for in a romantic plot. Of course, if you wonder if the person is specifically looking for plots centered in romance only I suppose you could ask the poster if it's ok to do a plot with no romance involved.

Trust me, it's not gay if you high-five, just after coitus...

A Doctor told me that.

I think most people, when they write gender preferences, imply that they want some romantic/sexual subplot involved. Though it's not always the case (for instance, I'm a male, who plays only* males, and I have no aversion towards MxM games while being very, very straight; so I add the tag MxM alongside with MxF to signify that any gender is welcome to join the game), it is safe to assume it is. Just like when you meet a girl and start talking, she's not always straight herself, but it is safe to assume she is, based on statistics. You might be wrong, but it's not a critical fail on your part.

I might just suggest to look for any mention of romance in the thread itself before jumping to conclusions. Once more, I, for instance, would add MxM and MxF tags, just to show I'm open to both genders, but I don't really look for romance. If it happens - it happens, but I do not search for a romantic RP specifically, neither I am looking for a specific gender to throw my character in bed with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back