• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Is it necessary here to use discord to roleplay?

Bornfire

hard to get & harder to forget
Well, I have discord but I am not an active user so is it necessary to use it? I can just make threads here and roleplay here right?

No it is not necessary. A lot of people use it and might ask for it but if you prefer to rp on the site you can look for them in the 1x1 Interest Checks
Roleplays where Discord is required are usually advertised in Off-site Ads section.

Discord does usually help considerably for OOC chats and to help all players keep in contact with each other, which does extend the length of rps, in my experience.

Personally I know a lot of RPers who do not like discord, myself included. You'll find your pack. Perhaps put in your searches that you don't like using discord.

In my opinion, having Discord even for OOC doesn't really help if you don't match with the rp partner well enough. And it's easier to clean up inbox on the site rather than leaving a million of dead servers on Discord :)
My most long-lived roleplays did not use Discord at all, with 3000+ OOC messages in PM here on the site! We went to talk on Discord afterwards though, but it was mostly because we wanted some extra branches for the roleplays that were already established for a while before we even thought we needed additional channel of communication.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back