Other Is it just me?

Is it just me that's having problems finding roleplay partners?
Are my rules that ridiculous?
I don't think so.. and yet there's pretty much no-one replying to my threads where I'm looking for partners.

Are there any other people having trouble with this? I mean, it can't just be me.. right?

Interacting with people is unpredictable. Sometimes you spend weeks without replies to your threads, sometimes you get ten replies in one day. Maybe at this particular moment there isn't anyone interested in the topic you want, but this doesn't mean that tomorrow someone wo will be interested can't appear. New people come to this site every day, old people are returning, not everyone browsws search threads daily etc, etc.

So no, it's not just you. Don't worry about that and keep looking. It may take a while but you'll be able to find a good rp!

Interacting with people is unpredictable. Sometimes you spend weeks without replies to your threads, sometimes you get ten replies in one day. Maybe at this particular moment there isn't anyone interested in the topic you want, but this doesn't mean that tomorrow someone wo will be interested can't appear. New people come to this site every day, old people are returning, not everyone browsws search threads daily etc, etc.

So no, it's not just you. Don't worry about that and keep looking. It may take a while but you'll be able to find a good rp!

I guess you're right but it still sucks because I want to rp so badly and the people I am currently role-playing with haven't replied yet(not a problem they have their own lives) but I just get insecure really fast about things like this.

That's totally understandable!

You could try to find a few more RP so that you had more even spread in activity throughout the week. OOC chat also helps, if you manage to find rp partners who like that.
Or if the craving is too much you could write a short story by yourself based on the idea. Can always incorporate it into rp later!

I've been trying to that yes, but even that seems like a task set up to fail. Ah oh well. I'll just have to live with that I guess.
I could, but writing a short story is something I told myself to never do again, so I'm just gonna have to suck it all up and deal with it.

Thank you for your responses!

Is it just me that's having problems finding roleplay partners?
Are my rules that ridiculous?
I don't think so.. and yet there's pretty much no-one replying to my threads where I'm looking for partners.

Are there any other people having trouble with this? I mean, it can't just be me.. right?
people just dont like the intense commitment of a 1 x 1 Rp. Most Player prefer to do group setting that promotes the same thing but without the whole "I need you to rp with me now! Lets do this!!!"

people just dont like the intense commitment of a 1 x 1 Rp. Most Player prefer to do group setting that promotes the same thing but without the whole "I need you to rp with me now! Lets do this!!!"

Yeah but I don't put stuff like that in my threads. And I simply prefer 1x1 over group to because with groups I'll just panic because I feel like I've got so much to keep in mind.

Yeah but I don't put stuff like that in my threads. And I simply prefer 1x1 over group to because with groups I'll just panic because I feel like I've got so much to keep in mind.
Hmmm usually you want to check on Discords or look up certain groups. Though majority of the RP players tend to stick on who they know when it comes to 1x1 RP

It's not just you! Finding an RP partner is an eternal struggle. I promise there's nothing wrong with you.

Hmmm usually you want to check on Discords or look up certain groups. Though majority of the RP players tend to stick on who they know when it comes to 1x1 RP

You've got a point there. But that certainly doesn't make it easier for someone who wants to start over and make new friends.. haha.

Finding a partner is definitely a game of patience, one that increases in difficulty with how specific your requests get. For example, if you're into fandoms that limits your scope because you have to find a potential partner who not only knows your fandom and is interested in RPing with it but is also interested in your specific take on the fandom or the characters you're interested in. If you're looking for something even more niche, like a plot involving a specific character, the scope narrows considerably and finding a partner can be next to impossible. It can feel a little demoralizing bumping a thread for weeks on end and finding no interest but I've come to learn over the years it most likely isn't personal.

The best thing you can do in a lot of cases is put a good foot forward and give a potential partner a good first impression. That's a little finicky too because what constitutes as a good first impression also varies between people, but hey.

I'm also going to disagree with the statement that most people don't like 1x1 RP and prefer to stick with people they already know. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea but most RP sites, including this one, have a very popular 1x1 request forum that speaks to the opposite. Some folks, myself included, only do 1x1 RP.

Finding a partner is definitely a game of patience, one that increases in difficulty with how specific your requests get. For example, if you're into fandoms that limits your scope because you have to find a potential partner who not only knows your fandom and is interested in RPing with it but is also interested in your specific take on the fandom or the characters you're interested in. If you're looking for something even more niche, like a plot involving a specific character, the scope narrows considerably and finding a partner can be next to impossible. It can feel a little demoralizing bumping a thread for weeks on end and finding no interest but I've come to learn over the years it most likely isn't personal.

The best thing you can do in a lot of cases is put a good foot forward and give a potential partner a good first impression. That's a little finicky too because what constitutes as a good first impression also varies between people, but hey.

I'm also going to disagree with the statement that most people don't like 1x1 RP and prefer to stick with people they already know. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea but most RP sites, including this one, have a very popular 1x1 request forum that speaks to the opposite. Some folks, myself included, only do 1x1 RP.

Thank you very much for your very long and understandable post.
I know it's a game of patience but it just sucks because I (and I'm sure there are others with me) really want to rp but when it's radio silence, it stings.. to say the least.

I know some other people have already talked about the wrong timing, and how specificity can affect your yield of partners, but I would also like to bring up another thing that I notice happens quite frequently, and has a lot to do with impatience. I know we all just want to find roleplays as quickly and efficiently as possible, and for this reason, many people resort immediately to making their own, new thread to do so, even before they have even looked through a couple pages of already-existing ads. Now I know not everyone does this, and I'm not saying it's a bad thing to make your own ad, but if you never take the time to even skim through some of the pre-existing threads people have made, you chance missing out on partners who could have been a good match for you, but had the same mindset of waiting for people to take the bait they've set out.

If you're really desperate for a roleplay, I suggest putting in the extra work and approaching others as well, instead of just waiting for them to come to you. Also, don't be lazy! Forums move quickly here, so dig a few pages back when you're looking, because it's easy for a gem to get buried in the heaps of threads that get posted every day. I also suggest using the search feature the site has to look up certain buzzwords in the search forum, which can help you narrow down threads even more quickly.

Finding roleplay partners I think is not and never will be easy if it was we would all have similar interests partners to write with. I don't want it to be easy. I find that having patience and sticking it out for the right person can bring a good outcome. I will say it's not you. Sometimes that's just how it is.

You should put yourself out there though. Search other threads. Perhaps you might find a pairing on someone else's thread is similar to yours or you like their writing style. Roleplay is a two way street it doesn't stop when you put your request thread up you have to explore more and going back to my point it is not easy.

It's not just you I'm reassuring you,

Personally, I'm not looking for that anymore, either the rules are much too present or you have to write a number of lines (when you don't have the time or the health to do that), or it's always the same genres like romance...

i gave that up completely to devote myself to other things, the time i had to motivate myself again.

I know some other people have already talked about the wrong timing, and how specificity can affect your yield of partners, but I would also like to bring up another thing that I notice happens quite frequently, and has a lot to do with impatience. I know we all just want to find roleplays as quickly and efficiently as possible, and for this reason, many people resort immediately to making their own, new thread to do so, even before they have even looked through a couple pages of already-existing ads. Now I know not everyone does this, and I'm not saying it's a bad thing to make your own ad, but if you never take the time to even skim through some of the pre-existing threads people have made, you chance missing out on partners who could have been a good match for you, but had the same mindset of waiting for people to take the bait they've set out.

If you're really desperate for a roleplay, I suggest putting in the extra work and approaching others as well, instead of just waiting for them to come to you. Also, don't be lazy! Forums move quickly here, so dig a few pages back when you're looking, because it's easy for a gem to get buried in the heaps of threads that get posted every day. I also suggest using the search feature the site has to look up certain buzzwords in the search forum, which can help you narrow down threads even more quickly.

I understand that, but for me, I have been doing that as well, unfortunately not a whole lot of those threads interest me. And I've been quite patient (if I may say so myself).
I've been approaching people and looking for threads that might interest me. But it's just not it.
But thank you for your reply.

Finding roleplay partners I think is not and never will be easy if it was we would all have similar interests partners to write with. I don't want it to be easy. I find that having patience and sticking it out for the right person can bring a good outcome. I will say it's not you. Sometimes that's just how it is.

You should put yourself out there though. Search other threads. Perhaps you might find a pairing on someone else's thread is similar to yours or you like their writing style. Roleplay is a two way street it doesn't stop when you put your request thread up you have to explore more and going back to my point it is not easy.

I know that and I have been looking myself, searching through threads and all and maybe that's not enough I don't know. Or maybe I'm just not cut out for a forum like this. Who knows.

It's not just you I'm reassuring you,

Personally, I'm not looking for that anymore, either the rules are much too present or you have to write a number of lines (when you don't have the time or the health to do that), or it's always the same genres like romance...

i gave that up completely to devote myself to other things, the time i had to motivate myself again.

I completely understand that. Some rules can be a bit ridiculous or whatever and that sure does make it not interesting for someone (I have stumbled upon threads that seemed to interest me until I saw the rules.)

I think that's the smartest thing you could've done.

I know that and I have been looking myself, searching through threads and all and maybe that's not enough I don't know. Or maybe I'm just not cut out for a forum like this. Who knows.
Well I don't know what else to say. You either keep searching or you don't, it's up to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back