• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Iridescence: IC [CLOSED]

SkyChild

Not active
Character Sign Up Thread: Iridescence: Characters

OOC Chat: Iridescence: OOC Chat

Rules: Iridescence: Rules

~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

worlds-collide-image-5.jpg

"And I smiled, watching with amusement as dozens of hundreds of worlds collided, creating a gorgeous hybridization and plunging the universes into assorted chaos. A world that shouldn't be, brought into reality by my own hands. Iridescence, that was the word that came to my mind as everything before me shifted, twisted and turned. The phenomenon of certain surfaces that appear to gradually change color as the angle of view or the angle of illumination changes. Like a soap bubble, or the wings of a butterfly. So delicate and fragile, so... Mesmerizing."
- Unknown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: A New Beginning

KtB9nX8.jpg

What the people had seen was both beautiful and terrifying. Their surroundings twisted and turned like a snake's tail, creating the illusion that the Earth was turning inside-out as it was being sucked into a black hole. The majority of the population believed this to be the end of the world, but despite its frightening and deadly appearance, this was nothing more than a harmless process to merge our reality with others, creating a hybridization of countless alternate realities we can't set foot on, much less visit.

Because why should we try and get to these worlds if we can simply bring them to us?

As expected, some of them were barely any different from planet Earth as we knew it, but some of them had astonishing attributes, so much so that one would expect these realities to be directly picked out of comics or videogames. Frankly, I was baffled at the sight of how much we had changed.

The experiment was a success, though the overwhelming chaos that followed could not be avoided.
Naturally, we tried to control it, though that was practically impossible considering how in some cases even the laws of physics had been tampered with. Still, we worked hard on sorting out the good from the bad, which resulted in the world constantly changing.

In a way, I felt like a god as I watched the life forms we had brought into this world. A large majority of them seemed to be unconscious, which made sense considering how they have been quite literally teleported to another, messy reality, and so quickly at that. I wondered if they had seen the same phenomenon as their worlds mixed. As a matter of fact, I was curious as to how they would cope with the situation once they regained consciousness.

A gust of dry wind whistles through the maze of wooden houses where windows have long shattered in the weakness of their structures and rotting boards, some broken, others hanging to cover the empty eyes of every abandoned home. Doors hang on the few threads of their hinges and groan with pain at every sway. Weeds socialize across the cracking asphalt of every road, and the early morning fog adds to the already eerie atmosphere of the ghost town.

It is here you wake up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(This is a character driven story. At certain points, an event will happen that will change the scenario or scenery for the characters. These events signify the start of a new story arc. If you have an idea for a new story arc, let me know in the OOC chat or shoot me a PM.)

Last edited:
Somewhere in the maze of weeds and dilapidated buildings, a one eyed man laying on the ground with an assortment of firearms scattered around him slowly wakes up." Huh? what the?" Startled, the man quickly draws his knife before looking around his surroundings for any hostiles. But after failing to find any after searching his surroundings for a few minutes, the one eyed man known as Snake, also known a Big boss, relaxes somewhat relaxes as he places his knife into it's sheathe. Reaching into one of his pockets, Snake pulls out a small, handheld radio device known as a 'Codec'.
yJ0gsiQ.jpg

"Kaz, it's Snake. I don't know how, but somehow I just woke up in what appears to be a run down neighborhood. Might be the work of Cypher. Over.

*Buuuzzz*

"Kaz? Anyone? Hmm, something must be blocking the signal. Better take a look around."

Placing the Codec back into his pocket, Snake than looks down at the weapons laying around him. Grabbing the Double Barrel and than the suppressed pistol, Snake carefully checks them to ensure that they're loaded and aren't loaded. Satisfied, Snake than places both weapons in their proper holsters before grabbing the Patriot, and weapon given to him by his former mentor. Checking over the modified carbine as well, Snake than begins to wander through the maze, carefully making sure not to make too much noise." Strange. Looks like this place has been abandoned for some time. But why?"

asasasas.jpg

{Crash Bandicoot ~ Marsupial delinquent.}
  • Lying almost motionless except for the occasional apathetic stomach scratch, our favorite marsupial friend’s leisure silhouette was seen transfixed alongside a boulder with his relatively slender-esque arms dangling from side to side, relishing his unconscious fantasy about consuming handfuls of wumpa fruit in the depths of his mind. For nearly every overzealous bite took a negligible amount of drool would seep out the corner of his mouth, adding another drop to the puddle beside him. It was almost admirable seeing his unwavering determination when it came to oversleeping especially with the significant gusts of high turbulating winds demolishing the structures from afar, sending splinters soaring through the atmosphere with him still letting out the infrequent snore, surprisingly after the destructive aftermath it was but a mere fuzzy bumblebee that sat on his protruding nose that woke him causing him to let out a gracious sneeze before sliding his eyelids back and opening his sights to a whole new world. He couldn’t help but question where everyone was but more importantly where he was! This was nothing similar to Wumpa Island, everything seemed so bleak, devoid of color but this was the least of his concerns as the shocking revelation of not having any Wumpa fruit was at hand, it was at this very moment that the bandicoot let out a loud “WOAH” when deciding to dash around the devastated area in an utter panic until eventually running out of breath and finding something that was downright strange, was that? It couldn’t of been!

A large piece of oddly shaped bubble gum placed close to the center of the wreckage, although from the looks of it, it had already been unraveled from its package. Despite these outlandish factors, Crash nonetheless approached the delectable entity with the sensation of hunger rumbling through the pits of his belly. As soon as he was close, Crash readied himself to pounce on the gum but quickly stopped himself after seeing a pair of ears sprouting from the delicious looking entity. Not only this but a tail, a couple of whiskers, and even a snout! This was no ordinary pile of gum, or a pile of gum at all, after a close inspection it gave the appearance of a dog, a pink dog. Cautiously stepping on the tips of his toes, Crash silently approached the front of the creature, kneeling down and peering at it with one eye open for an extended period of time until finally gaining enough ‘courage’ (Ha, get it?) to reach out his hand and tap the dog’s head with his finger, giving an odd expression as the pink canine awoke.

image.jpg
    { Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs ~ Courage }​

Courage: The Cowardly Dog
Just a few feet away from the slob-ish Marsupial lied a small sleeping dog. If one were to glance at it, they would automatically assume for him to be nothing special. Sure, he was a dog with natural pink fur. And sure, his particular species was hard to tell with a snout as big as a hound dog's, but his overall size almost poodle-like and his ears...actually not like any other dog's. Ya know what, scratch the previous statement. One look at this dog and you would, without a doubt, consider him one of the world's many oddities. His paws were even smaller than a Chihuahua's! So, seeing this creature sleep so peacefully, ignorant of the new world around him, would you yourself have ever thought that this dog had seen and even slain demons, giant robots, evil Scottish men, and an obese man-child obsessed with pudding? All to save the life of an old woman and (Occasionally) her husband? No? Well, obviously, you have not met the legend that is Courage Bagge. And it seems as though our heroic pup has gotten himself into another wacky situation.

Now, Courage was no stranger to sleeping in the middle of nowhere. After all, he really did live in the middle of nowhere. He was used to being surrounded by dusty floors, as well as used to hearing the sounds of loud rickety boards and high winds, although it was strangely closer than normal. So it was no surprise that the dog was still asleep, his back lazily moving up and down. And he remained that way for quite some time until a certain orange troublemaker had awoken. A snort came from the small ball of pink as the loud (and unexplainably popular) exclamation from the walking tornado echoed through the barren ruins of what once was a town. Nonetheless, Courage faded back out of consciousness, his brain soothing him with promises of no more interruptions. However, those who knew animals would know that dog brains are nothing more than filthy liars needing a laugh, for after a few moments, harsh tapping on his noggin had ripped the poor pup away from a peaceful slumber.

Courage groaned as his eyes slowly opened, letting out a loud yawn that revealed his human-like yellow-ish teeth, before he smacked his lips and looked behind himself, smiling at the site of Muriel smiling down at him like she usually did as he woke up in the morning. She was truly a sight to behold. Misshapen eyes, frightening mouth position, long ears, orange fu-this was not Muriel, was it? Courage's eyes widened so large red veins popped themselves in as he stared at the monstrosity before him. Now, any sane person would've fainted at the sight-

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

Unfortunately, Courage was not a person. And he wasn't the sanest animal either.

Jumping in the air, tongue out and flailing liked an angry snake, fur standing up like a cat about to hit water, teeth now crooked and rattling, and his small arms in legs flailing as he was stuck in mid air, the silence was pierced with a loud scream that actually broke the remaining windows that were still standing. The dog landed on his two back paws, revealing itself to actually be bipedal, and danced on his toes as he looked around frantically for somewhere to run.
"ABBABABA! ABBABABA!" Courage cried in his usual gibberish, shaking like a leaf and slowly looking at the scary creature. Wh-Where was Muriel?! What did this thing want from him?!

SidTheSkid SidTheSkid

Last edited:
images

"..."

{ WX-78 }

<...REBOOTING...>

When WX-78 first opened his eyes, he was met with the most ridiculous failure of human architecture he had ever seen in his life. A wooden roof with rotting boards, cracked support beams and poorly patched holes creaked precariously over his head. It looked like it would cave in at any second- WX was surprised it hadn't already. While he pushed himself up to a standing position, WX decided to commit this memory to his databanks. It was a wonderful example of his theory: human beings couldn't be trusted to do anything right.

However, he realized, this was hardly the time to be criticizing old ceilings. His primary objective was to map out his new world... and wonder why he was sent here in the first place. Did he die in his sleep?

First step: take a quick inventory. WX felt the familiar weight of his backpack on his shoulders, so at least They didn't take everything from him this time. He had armor, a good weapon and companionship, which would all serve him well. There was potential for good crafting materials in the rubble all around WX, so he wasn't worried there. The only essentials he didn't have were food. He had to take care of that as soon as possible. WX-78 shouldered as many rocks and broken pieces of wood as possible before exiting through the wildly swinging door (why did these silly humans make their hinges that loose?) and out into the sunlight. A quick look around told the android that food was going to be hard to find, but that was the least of his problems.

He was not alone.

His sensors indicated that a human was around the corner, treading with light footsteps that failed to hide its heat signature. WX-78 was shocked. What was a human doing in this world? He had been completely alone for two years and counting, and liked it. Was this a new form of punishment They devised? ...Well the joke was on them. WX prided himself on being resourceful. He could use this human as a potential minion, or even kill it if it turned out to be worthless. Walking down the road slowly to try and avoid clanking too much, WX reached behind himself and pulled out the Morning Star, which glowed a bright blue upon feeling his touch.

He had to assert his dominance over the fleshling immediately. Left unchecked, their rampant egos could grow bigger than mountains, and humans were infamous for stockpiling all possible food in an area for no reason. WX-78 steeled himself before crossing the bend and meeting the quiet fleshling eye to eye.

"HALT, FLESHLING. DO NOT COME ANY CLOSER." WX exclaimed in a tinny, synthetic voice while brandishing his Morning Star. A small part of the prideful android warned him to be wary. This fleshling was a whole head taller than him, and was armed to the teeth with deadly weapons. Disgusting. "I, WX-78x, REQUIRE YOU TO TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT WHERE WE ARE AND WHY YOU ARE HERE WITH ME. ...YOU WILL THEN SURRENDER YOUR WEAPONS. RESIST, AND BE DESTROYED. COMPLY, AND YOU MAY BE ALLOWED TO KEEP A SMALL BUILDING MODULE BEFORE I DECIDE TO DESTROY YOU ANYWAY."

What a warm welcome.

Izuku "Deku" Midoriya
When you wake up, everything is blurry. For a second, you never know where you are. You don't know how you got in that bed, or how you got in those clothes. Then, everything is processed. You are in your room. The thing above you is the ceiling. The thing on top of you is the blanket. The thing underneath you is the pillow and mattress, and the thing you are wearing is your pyjamas.
However, this time was different. Waking up was no longer the pleasure it used to be.
As Deku's eyes opened, his limbs flexed in shock, his disheveled green curls scattered across the fissured concrete. Within seconds of realizing he was unconscious he jumped on his feet, eyes wide, dreams not just forgotten but erased. Aside from his own noisy breath there was nothing to be heard. He blinked, closed his eyes, and blinked again. All that could be seen was the eerie scenery of an abandoned town veiled in fog and all he could hear was the wind as it flowed between the button holes of his shirt, chilling his skin beneath and tousling his hair.
"A-All Might...? Hello? Anyone...?" Leaves scudded over the ground and took small flights into the air, flying past his shaky legs. His call was left unanswered. Worry began to rise in his chest, quickly evolving into fear.
Was this the work of a villain? And if so, what did they do? What kind of Quirk did they possess, and where was everyone else?

Deku shook his head and pulled his phone out of his pocket. If this really was the work of a villain, then he had to meet up with the others as fast as possible. However, that wasn't going to be as easy as he'd hoped.
"No signal..." Deku closed his eyes and took a deep breath. In a time like this, he had to remain calm. Panic doesn't get you anywhere.
He figured that he wouldn't find anybody in the empty buildings, so the best thing to do would be to keep moving. The fog was too thick to see very far, and there was no point in staying in an abandoned town. Deku took a step forward, and then another one, aimlessly wandering through the maze of abandoned buildings in hopes of finding another living soul.

Last edited:
Big Boss

As Snake carefully walked through the maze of worn down, abandoned buildings in search of anything or anyone that could help, he couldn't help but wonder why this place was completely abandoned. 'Hmm, no sign of any people yet, or anything living for that matter. And since there's no sign of any fighting, I doubt a war scared them off. Although, chemical weapons could of been used, but that still doesn't explain the lack of animals... ' But as Snake was walking, a small, funny-sounding voice suddenly breaks his concentration.

"HALT, FLESHLING. DO NOT COME ANY CLOSER."

"Huh!"

Alerted, Snake quickly raises his carbine and aims it, ready to fire it at any threats. But, upon seeing the short, toy-like robot holding what appeared to be a mace of some kind, Snake lowered his gun in disbelief.

"The hell? Is that a, .....robot? And is it really trying to threaten me with a mace?"

Sumirenko Sumirenko

images

{ WX-78 }

Whoever this robot was, it didn't take kindly to being spoken down to.

"SENSORS INDICATE A LAPSE IN JUDGEMENT AND HIGH LEVELS OF STUPIDITY. PERHAPS IT DOES NOT UNDERSTAND COMPLICATED DEMANDS. NEXT COURSE OF ACTION: UNCLEAR." WX-78 was not in the habit of keeping his thoughts to himself. It was doubtful he'd ever have the consideration to do so, either. Somehow managing to pull off a scowl with a metal face that isn't prone to expression, he stomps closer until he's only a few feet away from the human and points the mace at its chin, seemingly unconcerned by the dangerous firearm that was pointed at him moments ago. ...Partly because he had no idea what it did.​

The android didn't have too much experience talking to daft human beings, but he figured that short, blunt explanations were the best way to communicate. "YES, FLESHLING, I AM A 'ROBOT.' I WILL IGNORE WHAT WAS PERCIEVED AS A CONDESCENDING REMARK FOR NOW. THE WEAPON YOU SEE BEFORE YOU IS NONE OTHER THAN THE MORNING STAR; IT DISCHARGES ENOUGH ELECTRICITY TO EASILY DESTROY A HUMAN OF YOUR SIZE." Probably. "I WILL NOT ASK AGAIN. DROP YOUR WEAPON AND EXPLAIN YOUR PURPOSE... OR ELSE."

Big Boss

Recovering somewhat from the shock of seeing a talking robot, Snake simply watched as the small, seemingly angry robot marched up to him. Not knowing how to respond, Big Boss, tries to calm the little robot down, but before he could, the robot suddenly stops a few feet from him and raises it's strange-looking mace before ordering him to drop all of his gear, which had the opposite affect than what WX-78 intended.

'Oh, now this is just getting ridiculous. First I wake up in this place, and now a talking robot is trying to rob me with a medieval weapon.'

Knowing that the toy-like robot most likely didn't pose a serious threat to him, Snake keeps his carbine pointed at the ground he he tried to calm the robot down. "Look, I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're in no position to be making any demand. So why don't you just lower your, uh,Morning Star, so that we can have a civil conversation?"

Sumirenko Sumirenko

asasasas.jpg

• This pinkish-looking organism kinda reminded him of himself well… The way he woke up anyway, muttering an irritable soft groan from his dry lips and smacking them away after breaking away from his ‘dognap’, it brought an uncanny congruence to that of Crash Bandicoot being awoken by nearly anything except being someone who enjoys sleep his grouchiness would probably wind up get the better of him, turning him into a whirlwind of a beat-down! Nonetheless this preposterous colored pooch could be dangerous so he readied himself for the unexpected, who knew what this unusual tyke was made of, Crash’s assumption at that instant became a reality as sidewinding veins transitioned throughout the weird puppy’s eyes but that wasn’t the strangest thing out of his reaction as his actual eyes themselves were the size of dinner-plates, no! Pillows! Its erratic tongue flailing like an unmanned fire-hose, strands of its hair standing up on all ends as it was perpetually suspended in the air! Complementing this horrific experience was his bone-rattling scream that shook the unprepared bandicoot’s eardrums, Crash reacted in any normal fashion to this scare by letting out a high-pitch “WOAH!”

054.png

followed by him manipulating his physique into that of a human-sized tornado which blurred his sight as he drifted off, flicking tiny pebbles in nearly every direction continued by the repeated phrase of “WOAHWOAHWOAH” within the wake of his trail, creating a broken-record mix of “Ababa and Woah’s throughout the entirety of the rubbled town before drawing to a sluggish end with Crash Bandicoot ending his supersonic gyration standing aside the poor frightened pup, beats of sweat dripping from his brow as he looked back at him. “Woah?” (“I can understand you?”) Out of all the circumstances he has had in the past this one by far was the most groundbreaking as only a couple of beings could actually be comprehended by Crash like that of Aku-Aku and other bandicoots including his sister Coco. “Woawoahwoah.” (“Pink dog.. Thing! Caan yoooou understand me?”) Obviously still being in denial, Crash had to double-check if this fluffy pup could do the same while keeping his distance, cautiously decreasing his distance with a tiny step each time he felt more comfortable.

{ Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs ~ Courage, SkyChild SkyChild ~ We'll most likely visit your character in the next post. }

images

{ WX-78 }

"..."
Now this right here- this was why WX absolutely detested reasoning with organics. Especially big-headed organics with high levels of sentience but very low levels of common sense. How difficult was it for this big human to recognize he was talking to a superior? Why was it speaking in that slow, irritatingly calm tone of voice that was (to his knowledge) reserved for very small fleshlings? WX narrowed his eyes and tilted his head far to the right, and Snake could hear a series of clicks resounding within the android's noggin, as if the various gears and mechanisms within were going into overdrive.

It was a difficult decision after all. Attack or obey? Obeying would mean a transfer of power to the human filth, but from the look of its foreign weapons, WX was becoming increasingly uncertain it could survive picking a fight this early on in the game. Perhaps... WX-78 would bide his time. Oh yes, that was an excellent idea. He would wait for a moment when this fleshling was not armed to the teeth, then it would pay. Besides, information was technically more important than destroying the human filth.

"VERY WELL. I WILL KEEP MY WEAPON, AND FOR NOW, YOU WILL KEEP YOURS." The android spat out, his pride clearly stomped upon. The strange-looking blue mace was slowly lowered, and WX took a big step back. "NOW KINDLY ANSWER MY QUESTIONS. I HAVE NOT SEEN A FLESHLING SINCE I WAS DRAGGED INTO THIS ENDLESS SERIES OF WORLDS. I DID NOT THINK I WOULD SEE ONE AGAIN UNTIL I ESCAPED. WHO BROUGHT YOU HERE?"

Over WX-78's very loud voice, it was questionable whether or not Snake could hear the "ABABABA"s and "WOAH"s that we're becoming increasingly frequent on the other side of the ghost town...

Barbas Barbas

Big Boss

Carefully watching the angry robot, Snake discreetly turns his carbine's safety off as he prepares for the machine, who's head was starting to emit a weird 'clicking noise, to show any signs of aggression. But after WX agreed to his request and lowered it's weapon, Snake silently sighing in relief that he wouldn't have kill the little robot, who at the moment, appeared to be the only other 'person' here.Thinking that he had nothing to worry about, Big Boss turns his rifle's safety on before listening to the machine, who was currently speaking to speak in a loud, somewhat annoying voice.

" I have no idea. Though I did have a few suspicions, but I ruled them out after realizing that they wouldn't be capable of pulling a stunt like this."

But right after Snake finished speaking, he suddenly hears loud, otherworldly screams that seemed to be coming from somewhere nearby.

"WOAH!" "ABABABABA!" "WOAH!" "ABABABABA!"

"Huh! Is this place haunted as well?!

Sumirenko Sumirenko

Last edited:
Izuku "Deku" Midoriya
He didn't know what he expected when he carefully looked around the corner of what remained of a brick wall, but this was not it. His eyes almost immediately grew to the size of baseballs upon seeing what was emitting those strange screams. In fact, if it were humanly possible, Deku's jaw would have dropped all the way to the ground at that very moment. Without another second of hesitation, he quickly vanished behind the wall again, leaning against it as he began to take notes in his notebook. Even though he was fascinated, Deku did not want to be seen by them.

"I have encountered two anthropomorphic animals in this ghost town, one seems do be a dog with pink fur, the other one appears to be some type of marsupial. Both of them are able to deform their bodies in extreme ways, seemingly without injury. I'm not entirely sure, but I think they are communicating via the screams. This has nothing to do with my hero research, but it has to be the weirdest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. Are they like the principal? I don't know what his Quirk is, but he does not have the appearance of a human being. Perhaps that is his Quirk? Shapeshifting? If so, then the two creatures here..."

"...are communicating while using their Quirk, which means they might be in a heated debate, or perhaps they're fighting over territory? It depends on their intelligence, but since they seem to be talking to each other using a language that consists of only the words "woah" and "abababa"... That still doesn't explain their extreme deformability. ...What kind of Quirk could this be? ...Perhaps they are Quirkless and were born like that, which would raise the question..."
And so began the seemingly endless mumbling of Izuku Midoriya, who was too lost in his thoughts to realize he was thinking out loud.

images

{ WX-78 }

So this fleshling had nothing of value to offer. Typical. The shorter robot turned away before Snake was even finished with his statement and began to take off his backpack. "DO NOT WASTE MY TIME WITH THIS DRIVEL. NIGHT IS A SHORT DAY CYCLE AWAY, AND IF WE ARE CAUGHT IN THE DARKNESS, WE WILL BE DESTROYED. I WILL BE DESTROYED. IF YOU WISH TO SACRIFICE YOURSELF TO THEM, GOOD, THAT WOULD BE OPTIMAL--"

WX never got to finish his rant, because while he couldn't hear the strange noises as he was talking, he could hear Snake. He stilled with the backpack now in his hands, craning his head to the right and listening. Yes- WX could hear them now. Two voices, likely of organic origin, that didn't seem whatsoever sentient.

Food.

He was now ignoring Snake completely. Somehow, his movements seemed even more mechanical than before as he reached into the pack. A suit of bronze armor. A pack of electric darts. WX emptied it of everything but his wood and stone... but something made him pause. A little red toy robot, lying prone at the bottom of the sack. That strange, faint, illogical side of WX worried about leaving it behind. .........No, ridiculous. He couldn't possibly bring the toy hunting with him. It would be just fine staying behind while he took care of the organics. WX let out a long, static sigh before closing the pack and preparing himself with his chosen gear.

It wasn't long before the robot looked like a strange mix of a medieval warrior and a Sci-Fi novel gone wrong. This time, WX decided to lead with his electric darts, holding it up to be level with his mouth while he walked away from the big human. Towards the racket in the ghost town. Soon, his sensors confirmed what his ears already told him; there were two beastial organisms further down the road, both of which were hopping around like absolute lunatics in a strange, primitive dance. One was a canine, the other was a.... fox? WX didn't know for sure, but it didn't matter. It would probably taste just fine cooked. His own bad experience with Hounds told the robot that his best option was to stun the purple dog: so he did. He brought the pipe to his mouth and blew...

And now a tiny electric dart was hurtling towards Courage, right on mark with the pooch's head.

Barbas Barbas (ditched by little robot) SkyChild SkyChild SidTheSkid SidTheSkid (in the area) Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs (oh dear Courage I'm so sorry)

Big Boss

After the little robot was done talking rudely to the former soldier, WX removed it's backpack and began to rummage through it for while Snake just watched. Searchining through the strange pack for a brief amount of time, the crazy little robot pulls out a full suit of bronze armor and a pack of usual looking darts, as well as a little toy robot that WX just stared at for a few moments for some reason. Seemingly satisfied, the robot began to equip it's armor until it looked like a characters from one of those Science Fiction/Medieval fusion books, which nearly caused Snake to burst out laughing. Once WX was finally geared up and ready, it precedes walk away, while Snake quietly speaks to himself while he checks over his modified carbine for a second time.

"Hmph. If it turns out that that crazy little robot is my only companion in this weird place, I doubt I'll stay sane for long."

Though after Snake looked up from his weapon to watch as his only companion walked towards the source of the otherworldly sounds, he, due to not completely trusting the machine not to try something, decides to follow the machine in order to keep an eye on it. Waiting for the robot to be far enough away, Snake begins to silently walk aftet WX, though after walking for a few minutes, Snake completly freezes when he sees what has to be the weirdest, and possibly the most horrifing, creatures he's ever seen.

'Well, looks like I was wrong about this place being haunted, though I wouldn't call either of those 'things' natural. Especially that weird looking orange things that appears to be wearing,... pants?'

SkyChild SkyChild Sumirenko Sumirenko SidTheSkid SidTheSkid Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs

Last edited:
Courage: The Cowardly Dog
Courage stared at the rampant tornado that was once the warp-faced monstrosity, still shaking with his eyes cartoonishly wide in fear. No Muriel to hide behind, No Eustance to use as a temporary shield, and no house where he had rooms or closest to run into. He was completely on his own. Alone with...this. It sure liked to say the word 'Woah' a lot though...in fact, that was all it was saying as it was spinning like a maniac. He looked around the desolate town again and thought about running. This wasn't the first time he had been on his own before, and based on the condition of this place, it might've been close to the middle of Nowhere. The thought of Muriel being close by caused a small glimmer of hope to rise in his heart. Yeah...Yeah! Ma-Maybe Eustance had just dumped him here in an attempt to get rid of him...again. He'd just slowly walk backwards and make his way back home while this thing was distrac-

"Whoah?"

...ted.

Fear immediately returned as the thing had stopped staring at him, but then confusion slowly rose afterwards, his eyes turning back to normal and looking like a regular irregular dog again. That time...it actually sounded like the thing said something. Tilting his head, Courage put a hand behind his back, and the sounds of digging around a bag could be heard. Seconds later, he pulled a giant cotton swab from behind him and somehow inserted it into one of his dog ears, grunting as he twisted it around comically. With a loud POP, he took it out and looked in disgust at the ear-wax before he threw it away and looked back at the creature expectantly.

"Whoa-Pink Dog...thing? Can yooou understand me?"

Courage's eyes widened...normally this time. He quickly nodded his head, now curious and slightly confused. How could he understand this guy? Sure, he could understand animals, but there were usually no meanings behind exclamations of surprise. Nevertheless, it would probably be best not to look this gift horse in the-YEOWCH! "OW!" Courage exclaimed, feeling something hit his forehead. Blinking, he looked upward to see a tiny dart sticking out of it...sh-should he be worried about.

ZZZZZZZZT!

"AAAAAAAGH!" The poor dog screamed as he flailed in the air once again from the electric currents coursing through his body, being enveloped in a crackling blue light where his doggy skeleton could be seen. Once the shock had done its thing, Courage landed back down on the ground, vision hazy and his fur now partially black from the burns. Wobbling, he gave the creature a big loopy smile, his teeth showing once again. "AHAHAHAAAA!" He laughed, stumbling backwards before crashing to the ground. He could already tell today was going to be a long day.

SidTheSkid SidTheSkid Sumirenko Sumirenko Barbas Barbas SkyChild SkyChild

asasasas.jpg

• Within a few seconds of awkward non-verbal communication, Crash summed up the bravery to increase his footwork and managed to be in a matter of feet away from the pink dog. Seeing those instinctive eyes of amazement mixed with confusion in his expression after having the marsupial trying to speak to him was unmistakable, he did actually understood him! Yes! If it weren’t for the given circumstances the bandicoot would probably wind up using this moment for a celebration, a delectable feast of Wumpa fruit with his new ‘pal’ although knowing himself he’d most likely hog all the fruit for himself, knowing the true irresistible taste of the sugary treat is like understanding the true meaning of happiness itself! Just as he was about to say another word the unexpected happened, that strange pup in a cartoonish fashion wiped out a comedical sized cotton-swab, gesturing his disbelief by over-dramatically cleaning his ears and throwing it away into the realms of the unknown. Interest further sparked in the eyes of Crash as he inspected the dog, nothing was out of the ordinary except for the color he possessed in-fact there was not a single thing that seemed to be odd other than that and the way he conducted himself, he must’ve fell in a pool of weird toxic-waste or something! Imagine that, a superhero-like dog! But then just as he was about to make a new friend a wild traveling dart skimmed through nearly hitting Crash in the process but sticking in the puppy’s forehead, eh? Weird… He has seen a lot of projectiles in his day but one that came out of nowhere with no enemy being on the end? Outrageous!

Judging from the exclamation of pain and the proceeding calm attitude afterwards it seemed as if everything was okay until a loud “ZZZT” electronical sound erupted out from the device including the poor-pup it was attached to resulting a flurry of panic from not only the panicked animal but from Crash as well with him doing the stereotypical “WOAH!” once more, both him and his newly found companion continued to ‘scream’ in a complete frenzy with the dog’s voice rattling from the electrical current being zipped throughout his body like a makeshift conduit, soon ending with him wobbling around completely dazed before giving off a big flashy smile, teeth completely blackened from the shock then soon falling to the floor after letting out a distressed ‘laugh’. W-was he dead?! Oh man this wasn’t good! His only way out was that creature and now he’s dead, whatever was he gonna do? Hm.. Maybe his wumpa fruit will give him the energy he needs to rejuvenate his senses, perhaps that unlike Crash, one will be enough to bring him out of that near-death experience. “Woawoawoah.” (“I’m hoping this’ll work, if you can hear me just eat this!”) Ruffling through all of his pockets he eventually found what he was looking for, pulling out a soft-ball equivalent shaped fruit that hummed with a reddish-yellow hue. Here goes nothing! Crash extended the fruit above Courage, wavering the fruit around just enough so that the smell would wake him up.
    { Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs ~ Courage }

Locus

Samuel Ortez, also known as Locus, woke up to find himself....somewhere. He couldn't exactly tell.

Groaning, he sat up, and realised he was in a forest of some kind. Strange.

Getting up, he decided to take stock, and was pleased to find he had his sword, sniper rifle, SAW machine gun, shotgun, and magnum pistol. Good. He would be able to defend himself at least.

Ready to move now, Locus set off, looking for shelter. He would have to find some before nightfall, at least. Perhaps he could find a cave system nearby?

(Open for interaction)

GPU3BKh.png

[ ://hatsune_miku ]

A twisted, blurring, vibrant blue light. A black, never-ending hole. The world twisting, shifting, melding around her and everybody else. Escape wasn't possible. Merely waiting. Panicking. Almost as quickly as it began, it ended.

>ERROR_DE̛T͉̹͈̪̠͠E̡͎̱͚C͏͍̹̹̰̹͉̳-̸̥̲-͔̝ͅ

. . . . . .

>DISTURBANCE_DETECTED
>CHECKING. . .
>REBOOTING. . .

W̱͔͙h̡̰͍ͅa̝t̻͞?͏̖͔

Her eyes fluttered open, consciousness filling her mind once more. Optics bringing themselves back into proper focus, she lifted her head up, the sound of screaming no longer assaulting her ears from afar. She was laying against the side of one of these disheveled houses, overgrown grass dotted around her. Miku took a second to brace herself, a moment to make sure her body was in working order. And when she was ready, she pulled herself up, She needed to see where she was.

The sight wasn't pretty.

H͘o͝w ͟lońg ̴w͝a͏s̷ I͠ ou̧t̡ ͡f͘or͏..͡.̵?

There was something nearby. There had to be. There was that... screaming, after all. Cautiously, Miku stepped free of the overgrown grass, beginning to wander the broken streets in hope of finding someone. She wasn't sure if she wanted to find the source of the inhuman noise itself.

It wasn't long before she discovered what she was looking for. Around a corner, hidden behind a broken brick wall. A young man's voice mumbling to himself. Though she couldn't understand what he was saying exactly, she hoped he'd be of some assistance or at least offer an explanation.

Stepping into view of the green haired boy, she spoke out quietly, hoping she wouldn't somehow scare him.
"... Helloー?"
SkyChild SkyChild

images

{ WX-78 }
Even the fine-tuned motion sensors built into WX's sockets had a hard time keeping track of the dart as it sailed through the air. But when he heard Courage's pained shriek, he knew that it hit its mark. The robot smirked. Once again, he was triumphant. However, his attack brought a result he did not expect. The bipedal mammal beside the hound did not flee or look for the source of the attack. Instead, it kneeled beside its fallen friend and produced... berries(?), proceeding to wave them in front of Courage's nose. WX-78 was puzzled: clearly these berries must have medicinal properties, so why wasn't it feeding them to his fallen friend? What purpose did taunting it with the fruit serve? Oh well- WX knew how foolish organics could become under pressure. That's what they got for having adrenaline running through their veins.

WX heard the crunch of gravel coming up from behind him, a pause, and then a voice that was strikingly familiar. The automaton stiffened and whipped around... only to be greeted by the human male from earlier. WX released a static sigh— of course, who did he expect? "AGAIN? WHAT ELSE COULD YOU POSSIBLY REQUIRE FROM ME? YOU WERE DISMISSED." The last thing he needed was this human interrupting all of his plans.

.....Actually...

That orange beast behind him looked like it could be somewhat capable in combat. Perhaps he could use this situation to his advantage.

"ALRIGHT, FLESHLING," WX paused, then lowered his voice slightly; enough so that the organics across the street couldn't easily hear him. "...SEEING AS YOU HAVE FOLLOWED ME HERE (AGAINST MY WISHES, I WILL ADD), PERHAPS YOU CAN MAKE YOURSELF SOMEWHAT USEFUL. FROM MY UNDERSTANDING, HUMANS REQUIRE FUEL TO FUNCTION. I HAVE A PLAN. WHILE THE ORGANICS ARE DISTRACTED, I WILL CONFRONT THEM IN PHYSICAL COMBAT. YOU WILL USE ONE OF YOUR RANGED PROJECTILE WEAPONS TO JOIN THE ASSAULT. OUR COMBINED EFFORTS WILL DESTROY THEM. ...FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE, I WILL GIVE YOU A SHARE OF THE RATIONS. DO YOU COMPLY?"

Barbas Barbas

Locus

Locus could hear voices. It was faint, but they were certainly there. Curious, he set off, moving to investigate. It was then he stumbled upon an abandoned village. The houses were in good shape, despite being slightly run down.

Moving closer, Locus noticed a girl with blue hair. He was being sure to stay low, and had activated his armor's camouflage to avoid being detected. He could a man mumbling nearby. Thinking about it, he decided to just watch for now.

Kaide Kaide

Big Boss

As the eye patch wearing soldier was observing the two odd looking creatures ahead of him while crouched behind a bush, he suddenly hears the robot speaking to Snake after it somehow managed to notice him.

"AGAIN? WHAT ELSE COULD YOU POSSIBLY REQUIRE FROM ME? YOU WERE DISMISSED."

'Huh? How did that things manage to detect me? Pretty sure I didn't make any noises...'

But as Snake was trying to figure out how the small robot managed to discover him, WX lowers it's voice as it begins to explain it's hunting plan Big Boss, which still confused Snake since he didn't why a machine would eat anything.

After WX finished explaining it's plan, Big Boss quickly refuses."No, I don't think so. Those two 'things' ". Snake quietly said as he gestured towards them. "Seem to be at least somewhat intelligent, or at least the one wearing pants does. Which means that they may be able to provide help or information. And right now, we need all the help we can get. "

Thinking that it was best to leave his large, highly lethal weapon behind since he didn't want to risk startling the two creatures anymore, Big Boss removes the Patriot's large clip before gently laying it on the ground. Snake than stands up before speaking to the robot once more.

"I'm going to see if I can actually communicate with the creature with the pants. So just wait here and don't do anything to provoke them. Oh, and one more thing, don't touch that weapon."

Once that was over with, Snake begins to slowly walk towards the the pink thing that kind of looked like a dog, and the orange abomination, who was currently trying to get the unconscious 'dog' to eat what appeared to be berries.' I hope that orange thing doesn't think that I'm the one who shot it's friend. Though even if it does, at least I have a few non-lethal shells, which should be able to stun it.'

Sumirenko Sumirenko (Now you, tiny robot, will be the one who is ditched!) SidTheSkid SidTheSkid Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs SkyChild SkyChild Kaide Kaide S Slick416

Pics_3.jpg
  • It’s gone. That dazzling light at the end of the dim tunnel which once comforted her, now completely extinguished with everything engulfed in the realm of darkness as if someone had thrown a blanket over her head, but being so close to the thing that she so despicably despised was the least of her worries, besides people that live within reach of their own fear tend to build up an immunity to those they once found ‘terrifying. Cynthia grew to accept the existence of the darkness but never found it to be comforting, it was always waiting… Waiting to take over, to consume her own sanity and claim any conception of freedom which she clasped so tightly on but even with all this being the case there was always said to be a glimmer of hope even in the most bleak of situations. An entity with little wings reminiscent of a firefly ascended from out of nowhere, gracing the anxious woman’s sights with a faint-glow, was this the assurance she so desperately needed, an means of escape out of this nightmare? Even prolonging these overwhelming feelings of violence was enough for Cythnia to gently open the palms of her hands, covering them over the tiny firefly only to grace her eyes with that of reality, at last she was ‘safe’ for now or so she thought when she realized that wasn’t the confines of her own bedroom but instead she regained consciousness in an open-field surrounded by broken-down structures that once contained friends, family, and loved ones. All of the inhabitants that once lived here have disappeared but sounds of the unknown echoed throughout these strange lands, noises of ghostly figures? She noticed hushed voices in the distance but non-human shrieks of hysteria coming from those beyond was the most concerning.

“Hello?!” Cynthia bellowed out, rising up of the ground to see if anyone was close by. Instead of finding someone of interest she found something else in its place, the same reoccurring headache that made her faint before being lost in this unorthodox place, she immediately cupped the outside of her ears as she leisurely stepped forward, it was absolutely unbearable, it gave the impression of tiny little needles being driven into her brain all the while the negative thoughts clawed at her skull until the color in her face turned pale, the whites of her eyes soon dwindling into an onyx black before Cynthia’s panicked breaths shortened. “At last.” a mysterious voice lurked from out of her lips, a cold breeze escaping her mouth as the unnerving tone uttered its way out. “You thought you could just contain me forever? Isolate me in the farthest reaches of your mind? Well you saw how that turned out, didn’t you? That guardian angel that protected you is weak, incapable of ever stopping me again, it’s only a matter of time before I take over.” A sinister snickering ushered from the woman as the nervously clutched the ground, clinging onto the only thing she could find while breaking out of this temporary state of psychosis. Cynthia eventually drove off the wicked presence, leaving her utterly exhausted as she huffed silently to herself, she needed to find someone, someone that knew a way out of whatever the hell this was. Out of all the weird things to potentially stumble by, one of them happened to be a… walking talking robot? Nonetheless she’s seen weirder.. It looks like he was just speaking to someone judging from his small rambling… Yet she couldn’t make out the figure who the automaton was speaking to with the large boulder blocking his/her body, most likely someone who knew a way out of here probably. Cynthia quietly approached the robot from behind, although not trying to startle it in any way but politely tapping on its shoulder in hopes that it would react in some manner or another. “Um, h-hello?” She asked after tapping its shoulder, awkwardly stepping back a bit out of regret out of probably disturbing the odd thing.

Sumirenko Sumirenko { WX-78 }

Izuku "Deku" Midoriya

A loud scream interrupted his incoherent mumbling, and boy, what a scream that was. A scream of pain and hysteria, bordering on terror. It made the hair stand straight up on the back of his neck, pierced his brain as his eyes widened in shock. Were the dog and the strange marsupial wearing pants going at each others throats now? Clutching the pen in one hand and his notebook in the other, he carefully leaned closer to the edge of the brick wall, catching a glimpse of what was going on behind him. The pink dog lay on the ground, and the orange creature tried to... Feed some sort of fruit to him? He gulped, and once again, pen met paper after he sat back down in his hiding spot, pulling his legs as close to his body as possible.
"I'm not sure what happened, but it didn't sound pleasant. Should I step in? I mean, I don't know if I should, but maybe, if they're in trouble...? This is so strange! I was hoping I'd find another living soul, but this, this isn't..."

"... Helloー?"

Izuku froze, and his flow of thoughts simply stopped as if somebody had pulled the plug. There was a voice, and even though it was quiet, it was very audible. "H-... Huh?" He looked up to see a young woman with long, blue hair. His face flushed red. She was looking at him.
He used his notebook to cover the lower part of his face. Was he thinking out loud again? Did she hear him mumbling? ...Oh god, why does that keep happening?

...Wait, this was an actual human being!

Izuku lowered the notebook again to reveal a bashful smile.
"Hello," He chirped, followed by a nervous, muffled laugh. "Sorry for thinking out loud."

Kaide Kaide

Last edited:
GPU3BKh.png

[ ://hatsune_miku ]

Miku stared, watching as a blush flushed through the boy's face. He seemed... shy, but on the plus side- he seemed friendly enough. And better yet, he had the potential to explain just what was going on here. She needed to know not only where they were, but what had become of the black hole and, most importantly, where her friends had ended up.

"It's okay," A small, yet sheepish smile tugged at her lips as she approached a few steps closer. She didn't want to be too loudー she could hear other voices nearby, too. "I wouldn't have found you otherwise." A momentary pause, then she continued. "... Can you tell me where we are? I just woke up hereー I don't recognize this place." Her gaze averted for a moment, her hand reaching up to rub the back of her neck as if scanning over her memories for a second. "... What happened to the... black hole?"
SkyChild SkyChild

Users who are viewing this thread

Back