• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Into the Unknown - A Galaxy torn

Aventus Arbite

MEN, TO THE HATCHES!

The Marshal's proud roar was drowned out by the growing sound of the Ras' War Drums. The putrid smell from the unholy mix of blood, vomit, and the sulfur of discharged weapon batteries has long hung in the air. The Smell clung to their skin like a cancer, seeping its way into their mind like a bad dream. The thirty or so remaining able bodied fighters have been armed with whatever could be spared. From patchwork hard-shell pistols, to janitors' tools. The constant twitching of the pilgrims broke the distinct, continuous thunder of the Drums.

This shouldn't have happened to them. This was not their place. The field of battle is not meant for the pilgrim, nor the pious man. The field of battle is meant for hardened Soldiers, Marines, or Sailors! Not for the Pilgrim. NOT. THEM.

They have been skirting for months on end across the void. Running low on food, water, fuel. The Ras ship had been chasing them for weeks. Slowly but surely making its way from the depths. Slowly closing the gap. They knew the Pilgrim Ship had no chance of escape. Their fat ship was like a fire in the dark. A star in the nights' sky. Like Jackals they poked and prodded at the ship. Using torpedoes, just out of the range of the defense lasers. Just enough to make the pilgrims restless. Unable to sleep with the constant sputtering in and out of the bombarded engines, they had no other choice but to conserve power, and wait.

The Ras waited two months more. Two months of rationing. Two months of starvation. Two months of pain. Two months of loss.

Now their time was at hand. After three months, death had come for them. The sole survivors of the nearly 3000 that once lived on the ship. Thirty ragtag and dirty pilgrims. Starved by their bodies. Starved of their faith. This is the fate of the Men of God.

Is this the fate of man?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!
Sorry to be so dark and edgy, but it's an intro! I'm going to be launching a late stage Humanity roleplay here on RP nation! Before I get into the roleplay however, I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself!

Who am I?
I am Alessio. If you allow me, I will be the DM (Or whatever you prefer to call it!) of this arc. I am a DM with over 7 years of experience in such games as DND, Dark Heresy, Only War, Warhammer Fantasy Role play, and countless RP sessions of faff (Or unorganized role play)!

What IS Into the Unknown?
Into the Unknown is a realistic outer space setting taking someplace in the near-distant future of Humanity's ventures into space. Endless systems to explore, and countless chances at your character's life. Total freedom of expression for the wandering explorer. That isn't to say the Galaxy isn't without danger, however. The Galaxy may be pretty, but it ain't PRETTY (ya dig?). Humanity clings onto its small foothold in the galaxy. Under constant threat of attacks, humanity fights constantly. Either with pirates, invasive species, unknown diseases, to itself. A constant time of struggle, you as a team are able to have nearly complete freedom of what you would like to do, what you would like to buy, or build. Want to build a cool hat that gives you some extra shielding? You BETCHA! Want to become a space pirate and raid all of the alien races that you can find into oblivion? ABSOLUTELY. Want to buy yourself a comfortable "partnership" and start your own space "Mafia"? WHATEVER YA WANT, SWEETIE.

BUT
you gotta have the skills, kid.
(And the rolls, hehe)

That being said, I'm not harsh. Nor am I too weak to say no. I'll give you anything you ask for (Within reason, of course.). Just don't be afraid to ask!

What can I expect from one of your role plays?
Honestly, I'm a pretty chill DM. If you want do do something, just ask me. My role plays take a serious note, but they are openly funny. Of course you can play a funny character, but don't expect me to let you play a walking meme/ mary sue. Everything in my games has repercussions. Just like real life. You can guarantee that if you merc off some guard, you're probably gonna be seeing some police traffic soon. Trading illegal tech/weapons? Expect cartels to want to buy in/sabotage it. Etc. I want the players to have fun and do whatever their little hearts and minds desire (Again, within reason.) If you like serious RPs, this is right where you'll fit in as well. Just expect some comedic relief here or there.

What die systems will be used?
I like to use a mix of both DnD combat and WH40k's d100 system. We will be using a roll20 board if we decide to do active role plays/ discord based games. If you're a new player, and don't really know either systems, It's okay! It's super easy to teach you the hybrid of the two. The rules are super simple. I'm also pretty forgiving if dice are fudged or etc. We'll work on it together.

So, I read your boring post. I want to join. What now?
Well, comment down below a character in the following format, and then leave a quick note at the bottom detailing anythings you need to explain, such as a certain background or etc, or questions regarding character creation.

NOTE: THESE ARE NOT FINAL PRODUCTS OF YOUR CHARACTER. THEY ARE ASSESSMENTS OF YOUR ABILITY TO USE YOUR NOGGIN' AND THING OF SOME COOL CHARACTERS! WE WILL WORK OUT ACTUAL STATS TOGETHER, AS A GROUP.
NAME:

RACE:

HOME PLANET:

CURRENT/ PAST OCCUPATIONS:

Personality Archetype:

Rough Biography:

Appearance (Cmon guys, lets NOT get edgy) :

Specialties/Skills (Hacking, Piloting, Stealth, Bartering, Persuasion, Lying, Etc) :

Preferred weaponry (Lasers, Solid Shot, Plasma, Melee, Explosives, Etc):

Notes (Also, Experiance with other roleplay systems, roleplaying, dice, etc. LET ME FEEL YA OUT A LIL):

I look forward to hearing from you guys and reading your characters! There are only six slots so respond ASAP!

One of this game's sci-fi meds must be intriguenol because I am interested! Downside is I've never played D&D and WH40K systems (Though I have played Pathfinder if that helps, I gather that it and DnD are almost identical).

I'm interested! Do I post the CS here or dm you?

DMing me would be preferred. Hope to hear from you soon!

One of this game's sci-fi meds must be intriguenol because I am interested! Downside is I've never played D&D and WH40K systems (Though I have played Pathfinder if that helps, I gather that it and DnD are almost identical).

That's okay! It's more of a mesh between the two for combat purposes! It's super easy to understand, and if you're still interested send a DM to me with your CS. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back