• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Into the Inferno (a different kind of supernatural academy roleplay)

amdreams

Black Market Witch
Rating: T+ (language and violence)
Genre: supernatural, action, drama, adventure, comedy?
Setting: Prometheus Preparatory Academy (supernatural academy), modern times, rural English-speaking area but not too far from a city
Players: looking for 2-3 more players, max of 2 staff members per player
Premise: a supernatural academy through the eyes of the teachers

Premise
Basically, this is an idea formed by thinking about how many of these supernatural academy roleplays and animes work. Essentially you have a bunch of teenagers who, though going to a school to train and control their abilities, somehow are stable and strong enough to save the world from some uber powerful threat. They run the school, they do what they want. And in general, they’re portrayed as more competent and stronger than the staff, who have had the training and experience to be so much more than the useless blobs that they’re often made out to be.

So this is a roleplay where we play the staff. The teachers, the nurses, the kitchen staff, etc. The people who, in actuality, should be the ones to save the day when these kids are dabbling in things they really shouldn’t. This is a roleplay about the teachers and all the stress and chaos that comes from having to take care of the hundreds of chuuni brats that seem to populate these roleplays.

Notes About the Roleplay:
  • I am not a fast poster. So if you’re someone who requires that we move at 5+ posts a day, then this may not be the right one for you.
  • This is not a thread to take reservations but to see if there would be any interest.
  • We will not be roleplaying classes unless it pertains to the plot. Having classes in your post is okay to set a scene, but it should not be too long or require a second post. (Ex. Showing the end of a class to explain why your character is feeling a certain way at the end of a post.)
  • The exception to the previous is that each major story arc will be signaled by a scene of a class where the teacher will be explaining important information pertaining to the plot. I will be discussing the post with the teacher involved to plan out the scene and make sure I’m not controlling their character or making them OOC for plot convenience.
  • There will be student NPCs made to parody the sort of cliches and tropes seen in supernatural roleplays. Like the character with a tragic past so over the top it’s hilarious, the edgelord, the couple who began sucking face the second they made eye contact, etc. We can discuss now or after characters are actually accepted, whether people want to make these NPCs or if I should just have them set already. They are free to use by all as long as you stick to their role. Mainly for continuity’s sake.

About the Setting:
  • The roleplay takes place on modern-day earth. Supernatural races and powers are rare and meant to be kept a secret. However, with the rise of media like the MCU movies and such, the latest generations are becoming increasingly reckless with their powers, thinking themselves superheroes or the like.
  • Prometheus Prep is a school meant to train supernatural kids to control their powers and learn to blend in with human society. It’s located in a rural part of the US, exactly where has yet to be decided. A large campus with a lot of stone and brick buildings, though the interior is set to look more modern with many amenities such as labs, lecture halls, various gyms and training rooms, etc. There is housing for the staff and students. The campus itself is surrounded by dense foggy forests to deter anyone from accidentally come across the place. To enter requires an “invitation,” written or oral, from someone capable of entering already, such as teachers and students.

Regarding Characters: general rules or guidelines
  • The teachers must be believable as teachers. Basically, each applicant is gonna go through a psych eval. No school would hire a sociopath or anyone dangerous for the school. They should also be able to 100% control their abilities without the influence of outside forces. No berserkers basically.
  • I’d also like it if the characters had different viewpoints on their jobs. Like some may hate their job, but some could genuinely want to support the newer generation, even if they’re unappreciated. For some, this may be their first day and they’re coming in all wide eye and expecting it to be rainbows. Some may be counting the days until retirement.
  • I will have a set of roles (classes) that need to be filled for the sake of plot and stuff, but you can have your character double up if you wanted them to teach something not on the list. However, remember that we will not be roleplaying classes.

I'm intrigued. Especially because I'm looking for something that does not move too fast.

Woo! Interest. I still have some stuff to sort out and get ready, but once I put up the sign-up thread, I will be sure to let you all know.

can we make placeholders? Librarian would be PERFECT for my character. xD

I can't promise placeholders exactly. Since I don't know how your character will turn out or if you lose interest later on. It's why I don't take reservations. However, I do assume that if you express interest in that role in the cs thread, most will stay away out of courtesy. It's something I see being done time to time, but I don't know if it's a rule or something.

Okay. xD well I was just wondering because basically I already have the character made. She's an old character that I've had for a long time and one of her roles was being a guardian of an ancient library. She just really likes books. Are shapeshifters allowed?

Okay. xD well I was just wondering because basically I already have the character made. She's an old character that I've had for a long time and one of her roles was being a guardian of an ancient library. She just really likes books. Are shapeshifters allowed?

Depends on the limits of her shapeshifting, but in general, yes they are allowed.

It's pretty basic. One form besides her normal one and it's just a raven but she can shift whenever and hold it for as long as she wants.

Oh! So yeah, that's fine. I do feel like I should say that in this world, she would be considered a "beastshifter". One animal form while shapeshifters would have multiple.

Oh! So yeah, that's fine. I do feel like I should say that in this world, she would be considered a "beastshifter". One animal form while shapeshifters would have multiple.
Awesome. :o are you going to work out a lore page? Something with maybe the different schools of magic?

Awesome. :o are you going to work out a lore page? Something with maybe the different schools of magic?

I am not entirely sure yet. As much of the relevant lore will come from the classroom cutscenes that mark each new story arc. However, if any important information pops up that can't be explained by that or if I want to expand on things that won't be relevant to the rp, I may make a lore page.

Oh!! I forgot one thing. Part of my character's ability to turn into a Raven, she's immortal. That's not to say she is invulnerable. She has the same weaknesses as any other normal person. She can get sick, if you stab her in the right place, she'll die, etc. Is that okay? I mean I can easily change it because it's basically just that she has lived a long time and has a lot of knowledge, there's not really anything else to it.

Oh!! I forgot one thing. Part of my character's ability to turn into a Raven, she's immortal. That's not to say she is invulnerable. She has the same weaknesses as any other normal person. She can get sick, if you stab her in the right place, she'll die, etc. Is that okay? I mean I can easily change it because it's basically just that she has lived a long time and has a lot of knowledge, there's not really anything else to it.

It sounds fine, but I will have to see how your character is as a whole before I can say anything concrete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back