• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Internet Kingdom

Shog

The Infinite Being
Have you ever heard of someone disappearing without a trace? Maybe they took nothing with them and had no enemies. Where did they go? A probable option is, the internet. Ever since the internet has existed people have been sucked into it. Over time a society relating to medieval European life has adapted. Various groups have formed, and now it is time for you to make your mark.

(There is more information in the Overview Tab)

The time was precisely 7:48 pm. Shade stood on the corner of a building looking at a much larger one with lights flooding out of the windows into the dark night. There was a high end party being held there, and lots of valuables waiting to be stolen. 10 others stood behind him, waiting his instructions. They were all wearing black outfits with not shiny metal exposed. The overall style was different from Shade himself, but like him the only pice of exposed skin was around the eyes. They also had stripes of blue around their thighs and biceps. The more stripes they had the higher their rank in the small group. One with 5 blue bands, the highest rank and the only one with that many, walked up to Shade and said "It's time." Shade turned to the group and wasted no time. "You all know what to do. Find a window and wait for the signal. Stay in groups and remember your training. Remember, you are a shadow. Shadows can not be touched or followed. Disappear, and unite." He then turned back to the building and jumped off. He would have plummeted to the ground but used his dark stone to transform into a smoke-like substance and silently glided to the next building. He, like the rest of the Brotherhood, jumped from roof to roof until he jumped onto the party building and used every small nook for leverage and climbed up to one of the tall windows. He grabbed its ledge and held on just below, staying out of sight. The windows could not be opened and were placed along regular intervals that were placed along the edge of the upper level. The upper level was mostly empty space and acted as a balcony above the ball room floor where people were dancing to beautiful music. That would all change soon.

"Would you like a drink, sir?" Abruptly sticking the platter of champagne in between a dancing couple, disturbing their amorous waltz, Al's face was as blank as a newly manufactured parchment. He balanced the silver platter on his right hand with seemingly expert ease but alas, one does not learn how to balance plates overnight. Al's face was solemn in concentration, his eyebrows ever so slightly furrowed in concentration. One might think Al was glaring at them or absolutely emotionless but he was simply trying to do his job properly. Spilling drinks and dropping food on the waxed marble floors was not going to earn him a raise.

The couple shot Al a ridiculous look of disbelief. Did this servant boy really interrupt their dance of love? The fancy dressed woman's jaw went slack but she did her best to stay ladylike in the company of her potential suitor. Said potential suitor was blinking in incredulity, still trying to process the fact that the young servant had stuck the silver platter in between them so easily. He looked the servant boy straight in the eyes, wondering if the boy had some sort of ulterior motive. Wanting to impress the lady in his arms, the finely dressed man hesitantly reached out for the two glasses of champagne.

Turning to look lovingly at the young woman, the man gave her a charming smile and offered her one of the glasses. "Shall we take a break, my love?" Not sending Al another glance, the young man stuck his arm out for the woman to hook onto after her delicate fingers took the glass of champagne from his larger ones. The woman simply giggled softly, like she was taught to do, hooked her own thin arm around the young man's and walked off of the ballroom floor. They headed towards the balcony and from the look on their faces, it seemed like they had no cares at all. It wouldn't be long until they completely forgot about the servant boy.

Clenching his free hand into a fist, Al stood in the middle of the dance floor and mentally pat himself on the back. He was proud of himself and was sure that the director was too. His face still emotionless, Al almost skipped back to the drink table, which was extravagantly decorated, and poured another glass of champagne for the next lord and lady. It was clear that he wasn't aware of the fact that what he had done was rather impolite and out of his place, Al was lucky that it had been a young couple that was completely infatuated with one another to scold Al for his horrible actions. However, even though the couple did not do it does not mean Al escaped the clutches of reprimanding superiors.

Janice, a maid who appeared to be in her late twenties, grabbed Al by the ear and dragged him off to the side. Her already stressed face had gone completely red with fury. She was the one who was in charge of Al and she was the one who had to be punished for not keeping the new boy in control. It was clear that he was going to be fired for doing that. It was impolite beyond belief! Janice just hoped that they didn't rebuke his pay. However, after he had disturbed so many dancing couples and spilled juice on a duchess, getting paid for such bad service would be a miracle.

"Ah." A soft cry of pain escaped Al's lips when the older lady pinched his ear. Not wanting his ear to separate from his head, Al jumped to keep up with the taller woman. Thankfully Janice didn't pull his ear up to her height or else Al would be hopping like a man on hot coal. Almost dropping the bottle of champagne, Al frowned when he saw that being pulled by Janice caused him to spill some of the drink on the silver platter. He wasn't aware that he was going to get a real verbal beating once they were out of the ballroom but all of his fellow co-workers sent the boy looks of pity when they saw him getting dragged off. That was a clear enough sign for Al to know that Janice was very mad at him.

However, little did Al know that Janice's scoldings was the least of his ballroom worries. His life was going to be put on the line and without his sword, that had been confiscated by the head servant during Al's working periods, there would be very little he could do to keep himself from dying a second time.

"I'm glad you could come on such short notice, Tamara. If our other body guard hadn't cancel we wouldn't bother you" said the young woman.

Tamara's voice resounded from the other room "oh it's fine Dia, to tell you the truth it's pretty boring being the queen of bandits." She wrestled the last piece of armor on and smiled "There all done!" Tamara slowly stepped Into the room. She was in a bulky male suit of armor, holding the helmet that completed the suit. Tamara put her hand on her hip and smiled "so how do I look? Hopefully manly enough to pass a a male guard." Suddenly a young boy no more than 5 ran in. He stopped and looked up at Tamara with a glimmer in his eye he exclaimed "You look so cool Aunti Tamara!" Tamara smiled and ruffles the boys hair "so your saying I don't always look cool?" The boy wrestled out of her hand and smiled "You always look cool Aunti." The boy ran over to his mother and pulled her arm "come on let's go or we'll miss the party!" Dia patted the boys head and smiled "okay okay, I'm coming." Dia walked outside with her son towards the carriage waiting outside. Tamara watched them get in and began to walk out the door to follow them. A gruff voice whispered out her name "Tamara." Tamara turned around to see it was her master. She bent down to look at the aged woman eye to eye "be cautious in looking after my grandaughter and great grandson." Tamara looked at her master confused "of course. Master I will assure their saftey with my lif-" Her master raised her hand stopping Tamara "look after them and yourself. We don't want the Octren society finding out that the Taku Wind is among them at this party tonight." Tamara smiled and gave her master a wink. "Don't worry master I won't get caught and I'll keep Dia and the little lord out of trouble. Count on it." Tamara stood up and put the helmet over her head and walked out of the house. As she made it to the carriage she heard her master shout out "Make sure you keep that helmet on! And be alert!" Tamara waved to her master and motioned for the ostrich to move. With the skitter of claws the ostrich ran and with that they were off. Traveling on the dusty sand road towards the Octren party.

(probably amoretti imagery later but that's the gist. Sorry for the spelling I'm on my phone and 1/2 drunk)

Last edited by a moderator:
Akatharsía was wandering around on the upper level. She personally didn't enjoy parties all too much, as there were always too many fancy things about them that bothered her. Kyo took a stop over by one of the windows, looking out at the sky as she stood alone. It was getting close to the time where she would have to partake in the party going on, but for now, she wanted to be alone. She wore the same lovely and unmatched clothing that she wore all the time while as the princess, which she never had to change out of for anything during her times of being the princess.

It was just perfect for her. Absolute silence, and nothing around her that seemed like it could ruin that silence, as she had no knowledge that there were people just outside those windows. Akatharsía kept her gaze focused at the surrounding landscape, not once looking elsewhere, exception of the sky and clouds. The only thing that would be able to make this time better for her, would be the windows able to open. She would definitely be sitting upon the ledge as she watched the beauty of the landscape around her.

(Kinda all I'm able to do right now. Mind's wiped out of ideas after so much fanfic writing that I can't push out any more right now... xD )

Off in the distance a bell started ringing signaling to the town that it was now 8:00. From both sides of the balcony level at the party glass shattered and figures 11 figures in black (including Shade) jumped through. Shade shoved a young girl (@UltraYuseke) out of the way when he entered. He gave her a quick glance and decided he would head back to her later. The guard to the left of the window had recovered from the initial shock and pulled out his sabre. Before he could strike, however, Shade clamped his hand over the guards mouth. He used a bit of his powers and filled the guards lungs with the smoke, effectively knocking him out. He and five others almost synchronously jumped off the balcony to the guards that were leaving their posts on the wall to see what was happening above them. Shade managed to land on a guard, knock the helmet off, and firmly whacked him in the back of his head. Shade preferred to not kill, but he was willing if it came to it.

Another guard came rushing at him with his sword drawn. Shade quickly unsheathed his swords. After a small little fight the guard was disarmed and had several slashes along his legs, preventing him from really doing anything. A few others had also jumped down so shade decided to crawl back up and see what the princess had. He was fairly certain she was one of the princesses, but he could not be positive. Either way, she had valuables and could not have gone far.

Akatharsía was still right where she was knocked down at, not moving a muscle. She seemed unconscious, but it was really just the reaction of her already damaged body to being thrown to the floor. It left her temporarily unable to move. Luckily for her, the little ice shield actually reacted and made a light layer just as Shade had hit her to the floor, which protected her from pretty much anything more than the sudden shock of it all, though it still hurt a little.

Should anything try to come near her after this point, her ice field should protect her, but she knew that if she didn't get back her ability to move around soon, her ice wouldn't be able to protect her. Currently, there was no layer of ice on her skin because it always goes away right after protecting her, but it was still there, ready to protect her at any time. She kept her body relaxed, so she would be able to move faster and better when she did regain that ability.

Shade had crawled up a support beam and jumped up to the balcony again. He saw the princess still laying on the floor and slowly approached her. He passed a rather plump woman and plucked a pearl necklace off of her neck and slipped it between the folds of his shirt and into the inventory bag. He stopped in front of the girl and pointed a sword at her. "Got anything valuable, I advise handing it over. I don't want to mess up such a pretty dress." His voice was cold and sounded emotionless.

"The only thing valuable on me, would be this dress you don't want to mess up. In other words, your own statement is contradictory to your goal. Messing up this dress, would render the action of messing up this dress, pointless." Akatharsía's voice was just like Shade's, with the exception is was more calculating and calm than it was cold, and held a small amount of emotion; Akatharsía's voice gave an infinitely small impression of suffering, but happiness. "Also, I dislike the action of pointing a sword at me." She still held no more to her voice than she already did

"It tends to become a problem for not only me and the wielder of the blade, but for everybody."She didn't care about the layer of hair that covered her face, or about the fact her body still couldn't move all that well yet. Slowly though, her body was going back to a movable state, and would probably be there before that sword could really swing at her. Akatharsía knew that by now, she was probably to the point of making them want to kill her, but it didn't matter, because she knew that, at the very minimum, she would leave with at least enough blood to live.

Shade smirked, but no one could see. "True, the dress is more valuable whole, but I could get plenty off of some scraps. If I wanted fabric then I wouldn't bother you. I can clean the nice little gems inside it. You had your chance, now you pay." Shade swing his sword towards her upper torso. Not one to uselessly kill he sowing deep in an attempt to only skim her skin but cut the fabric.

Just as the sword comes within ten inches of her, something cleanly stops the blade, as well as shatters the blade through the center. What lay right where the blade was stopped was a small sheet of ice that seemed to act as a shield. One of the shards was sent flying, shattering a previously untouched window nearby. After the sword was completely stopped in place, the ice seemingly vanished from existence. "I warned you... Now your sword is broken, and sadly, I can't fix it. Whatever reason you have for being here matters not to me, so long as I'm left to my peace and quiet."

She said all of that with a painless and emotionless voice, but she actually wasn't doing all too well. She could now begin moving whenever, but she could still feel a light, but sharp pain somewhere. Unfortunately, she had no clue where that pain came from in the least. "If I don't leave now, I'll be late... Please excuse me, but I have other plans today." Akatharsía rolled off to the right, her left foot pressing against the wall. She pushed off, rolling backwards and in a crouching position on her feet.

Without warning, Akatharsía ran right by the man as fast as her permanently partial-ill body would allow her, which probably confused Shade due to the normal direction being away from the attacker, not right past them. She had a plan for escaping this situation. She was going to at least temporarily evade the person's sight, long enough to "shorten" her hair and change clothes. She'd rather not be involved in such a thing just because she's a princess. In fact, she'd rather not be involved in any of this at all.

((The sword would not be broken that easily, for the record. Shade slashed no where near enough force to even crack it and all you did was create a shield. I'll go with it for now, but just remember that it is just ice))

Shade merely stepped to the side a bit and stuck out his leg, effectively tripping the girl. "You have a stone. We will meet again, just on different terms. Good luck, princess." He pulled out a spare sword from his inventory bag, with probably looked bazar as it was hidden in his cloths, and jumped back down to find some more loot.

((Actually, it would, as the ice itself is a moving object. Therefore, even if the sword's going slow, the ice could move fast enough to make the impact hard and shattering. I'll still accept your judgement and watch out for that kind of thing again.))

Akatharsía managed to catch herself with one hand and roll again, but before she could take action past that, Shade had jumped back to the lower area. She made her way to the nearest exit she could find, managing to get outside of the building without any more trouble than that. She was going to put on her civilian disguise somehow, as she didn't want to be a part of anything that had just happened again, or anything similar.

A blinding grin spread across the auburn haired young lady as she walked into the large ballroom, only a few steps behind the lord and his daughter. Beside her was a knight in shining armour that, although xir face was covered by a silver helmet, seemed to be very exasperated by the enthusiastic girl. However, the maiden didn't seem to notice her companion's hidden expression since she grabbed a hold of xir armoured arm and dragged xir onto the dance floor.

Clasping the knight's hand her in her gloved one, Magnolia beamed cheerfully at the disguised major virus and twirled around, moving her feet to the classical beat of the music. The people around the two seemed to part and allow the lovely couple to dance to their hearts' pleasure. Well, Magnolia's heart's pleasure. No one was sure about the knight's opinion.

"Tamara, my sweet! Look at how extravagant this party is!" Magnolia giggled as she pulled the Taku Wind around the ballroom. The young lady slowed down for a few seconds when she realized her slip up.

"Oops!" The young lady whispered, covering her soft pink lips and glancing up at Tamara with playful bronze eyes. "Sorry. I forgot that your identity is a secret here." Giggling once more, Magnolia hummed that tune of the orchestral music as if she knew it by heart. In fact, she probably did.

Closing her eyes, her long eyelashes fluttered as she did so, Magnolia lead the knight in the dance that she once did with her deceased prince. It seemed to calm her down, put Magnolia in a serene mood. "I can't wait to destroy this party."

Those concerning words were said with such an innocent face, it would confuse the one who heard it. That is, if they didn't understand Magnolia's joyous-to-intimidating nature.

Luckily, Tamara and Magnolia were previously acquainted, having heard of each other since they were major viruses. But it wasn't until a few months ago that their paths had crossed when Magnolia was searching for the Code Book. They became somewhat good friends, Magnolia forcing herself upon the Taku Wind.

It was in jolly good humour for Magnolia would often tease Tamara about her rather large mammary glands. But that was their relationship. Magnolia would tease and embarrass while Tamara seemed to be the one who was able to calm Magnolia down. Magnolia didn't know if they were friends, enemies, or lovers! But, it really didn't matter to her since Tamara was simply fun to be around. Which is why Magnolia was at the high class party in the first place.

She had simply tagged along with the Taku Wind when she was heading towards the party in Octren. Magnolia was somewhat drunk, having come across Tamara in the knight suit when she was exiting a bar in a smaller desert town. Magnolia could recognize the sound of Tamara's breasts anywhere. After much whining and begging, Tamara had finally let Magnolia tag along under one condition; she wouldn't attract too much attention. And it seems that Magnolia was already failing at that.

People were staring at the two dance across the floor, twirling and swirling, moving and grooving. Magnolia even pulled out a few of the 90s moves that she had seen on TV back in the real world. It was times like this when Magnolia, slightly drunk and simply enjoying her dancing, was grateful for her metal body. Covered from neck to toe, Magnolia had changed in under three minutes to go with Tamara to the party.

It wasn't all the time she could attend such a lavish gathering. She had grabbed the Victorian-styled dress and head out the door metal-butt naked, dressing herself as she ran. That was a bonus to having a body made completely out of auto-mech; she could walk out the door naked and no one would give a fuck. Oh, pardon my language. No one would give a shit.

"Ah, sorry!" Puffing her cheeks out like a child and letting go of Tamara's hand, Magnolia adjusted the white gloves on her hands and pulled the cuffs of her dress down to make sure none of her auto-mech could be spotted. Playing with the emerald green choker around her neck, Magnolia huffed and averted her eyes to the side. "You're supposed to be a guard not someone I can play with." Repeating what Tamara had originally said to her when she agreed to bring Magnolia along to the party, the major virus pouted.

They walked off of the floor together, Magnolia still rather upset that she couldn't dance with Tamara anymore. She wondered if the other dance partners would notice the unnatural hardness of her hands and waist if she danced with them. Magnolia knew they would so it pained her to reject the first offer to dance with someone who wasn't Tamara.

Turning to the other major virus, Magnolia opened her mouth to whine. "Nee, Tama! I wanna dance!" Folding her arms over her chest and stamping her foot, Magnolia stared at the fake knight for awhile. That is, until she realized she didn't need Tamara's approval to go dance.

Bubbling with happiness, Magnolia ran towards the first young man she could see and took his hand. "Hey, pretty boy!" She greeted him with a charming smile. "Let's dance!" The handsome young man seemed shocked at how straightforward Magnolia as for a moment but he quickly regained his composure and led Magnolia onto the dance floor. After dancing with multiple people, having enjoyed the company of the first young man very much - he reminded her of her dead prince - Magnolia decided to go check up on her lovely knight, Tamara.

"Tam-Tam, baby!" Smacking Tamara's armour protected behind, Magnolia grinned cheekily as she gave the lady a big thumbs up. "You're still pretty sexy in that suit of armour." Winking at Tamara, Magnolia turned her gaze to watch the party take place. Everything seemed to resume its natural pattern without Magnolia jumping into the dance and hopping from one man to another. But, Magnolia didn't discriminate. She danced with girls too! They were rather shy at first but in the end, Magnolia got a handful of giggles or an angry slap.

With a small smile engraved onto her face, Magnolia scanned the crowd happily. "Nee, Tam-Tam," the major virus wondered out loud, her gaze never straying from the crowd of dancing and chatting people. "Where's the lord and his daughter?" Squinting her eyes to try and find the people Tamara was supposed to protect, Magnolia stuck her index finger out and searched for the two figures like it was a game of I Spy.

@The Suspicious Eye

Tamara gave a few long sighs underneath her helmet. She knew it was the right thing to invite Magnolia, but right now she wanted to slice her into scrap metal. How Magnolia knew it was her underneath all that armor she will never know. But she's here now, Dia was too kind to let her come. This half drunk, half crazed girl was running rampant across the ballroom calling out her name. Luckily her cover name fit enough of the ridiculous nicknames Magnolia continued to call her to not blow her cover. More than anything Tamara wanted to grab the girl, sit her down and scold her. However she couldn't, it is a knight's duty to be respectful and well mannered to all guest even if they are very annoying.

Tamara observed the guests as Magnolia danced with multiple male partners. She scoured the crowd and found her little lord and Dia talking with a few noblemen. She could tell that they were hitting on Dia, but from the embarrassed look on the men's faces Tamara knew that Dia could handle herself. Tamara smiled proud of Dia, being able to survive in this aristocratic world as a single mother was not easy.

Tamara jolted as Magnolia slapped her behind. She almost let out a shout in surprise. Underneath her helmet she glared at her, a girlish scream coming from a male knight would cause great suspicion. As Magnolia ran off once again Tamara sighed, just take the complement Tamara and do your job She reached for her large glade on her back making sure she could grab it easily. Looking up she watched the little lord play with some other children at the party. She smiled sadly as she looked at him. He looked so much like his father, the man she killed. All she could remember of that night was that man's face in fear and then red, lots of red. Then the next thing she knew she, Dia and her baby were in a wagon escaping from the lord's burning palace. What could have happened? And why don't I remember?

Tamara was shaken out of her thoughts when Magnolia came back once again asking where the lord and his daughter are. Tamara lowered Magnolia's hand and leaned over to whisper in her ear so they wouldn't be heard. "Magnolia don't point it's rude. The little lord and his mother are safe. I know parties are fun, but take it down a few notches this is a serious job" Tamara sighed. Truthfully, if this wasn't in Octren she would probably be doing the same thing as Magnolia, dancing with boys, running around having fun. But this was Octren and she was surrounded by people who know her all too well. People who would have her and Dia's heads if they found out they were friends.

Tamara glanced back at the Dia and her son. maybe they would be safer if I was gone... Suddenly, Tamara looked up to see a dark figure rush across the balcony. Her brow furrowed not sure if it was a person, a shadow or a figment of her imagination. She wasn't certain, bur she was going to get Dia and her son out of here now. Tamara grabbed Magnolia's hand and pulled her along "come on, we're leaving."

Letting out a huff of air in disappointment, Magnolia rocked back and forth on her heels, understanding where Tamara was coming from. She didn't want her to attract to much attention and Magnolia was attracting too much attention. Her eyes wandered the crowd before landing on the two people Tamara was supposed to protect. She didn't notice the shadow on top of the roof and even if she didn't, she wouldn't exactly care. As long as the figure didn't get in the way of her fun or her ride home, which concerned all of Tamara's business, she was fine with the minor viruses that skittered along.

Glancing over at Tamara and back at the two people, Magnolia raised an eyebrow. She had always stuck her nose into things that most people would not want her sticking her nose in. Magnolia didn't know if she simply did that to agitate them and had grown used to doing it or if she was simply curious about whatever she was curious in. However, when it came to Tamara, Magnolia practically dissected the other lady. Just like she was taught to do, Magnolia learned as much as she possibly could about Tamara and used that to understand her. Predict their movements is what she was originally taught to do.

"Come on, we're leaving." Tamara said as she grabbed Magnolia's hand and pulled her along. Although Magnolia was somewhat surprised at first, she cocked and eyebrow in confusion for a moment before allowing the Taku Wind to blow her away. Humming a soft tune as she followed Tamara, careful not to let her mechanical hand slip out of Tamara's armoured fingers. It was when she was being dragged along by Tamara that she bumped into him. Blonde, very much on the shorter side, signature ruby red eyes, Magnolia's eyes narrowed at the sight of him.

@The Suspicious Eye @Grape

Shade had to deal with a few more guards on the bottom level nut they too were all too soon incapable of fighting. In the back of the room several golden coins and trinkets we realized out in over-sized bowls. Their little fund raiser part backfired as Shade snagged several coins and a few extra trinkets to satisfy his men. He then emitted a harmless black smoke that filled the room. When the smoke cleared none of the Shadow Brotherhood remained. They had all escaped into the night to make a clean getaway. Shade decided to,stay and watch the carnage. He hid at the top of a door arch and stay in the shadows. He even used his powers to make him invisible. Mostly, anyway. It being night helped greatly, but full invisibility can only be achieved when outside at night.

"Ah," Quickly catching the silver platter so it didn't spill its contents on the floor, Al glanced over at the lady who had bumped into him. "Sorry." He saw her narrow her gaze at him but didn't think twice about it before positioning the glasses of champagne properly and neatly adjust the bottle so that the label faced towards the people he was offering it to. As Al began to walk away from the lady, he suddenly remembered the words of Janice. Sure, he had only gotten the scolding ten to twenty minutes ago but Al had already party forgotten it.

"Make sure to serve everyone properly!" Janice folded her arms over her chest and reprimanded Al about proper service and etiquette of a servant. Although they were peasants compared to the people that attended the high class party, they still needed manners. It seemed like Al had completely lacked that. But he wasn't going to allow himself to lose any more money that would help him get to Central City and find the Code Book. So, Al simply turned around to face the lady again and held out the silver platter.

Once again, Al said without conviction. "Would you like a drink, my lady?" Offering to pour the young woman a glass of champagne, Al waited patiently for the highly dressed lady to reply with her a yes or a no. He wasn't aware of the fact that she was scrutinizing him from head to toe. She had let go of the hand of the knight that was tugging her along and simply stood in front of him. Al stared back curiously at the peculiar lady, head tilted to the side, waiting for an order.

@Darth Pai @The Suspicious Eye

Anger boiled up from within Magnolia. A lifetime of suffering and watching others suffer alongside of her had sowed a field of grief within her heart and upon confrontation, that grief turned into rage. Emotions bursting out of their clutch-hold, Magnolia clenched her fists and took deep breaths in attempt to control herself. She didn't dare remove her harsh gaze from Alarick, hoping that her sharp glare would burn his skin and light him on fire. She wanted to make him suffer, she wanted to make him hurt, but in such a setting, Magnolia knew it was improper. There were multitudes of people surrounding her, dancing and laughing, they were sure to catch the agonizing shriek of death.

"But," Magnolia thought, her eyes widening in realization. A crooked smile spread across her lips, twisting her facial features into one that was similar to a monster's. Her skin seemed to go pale and her rosy cheeks nonexistent. She seemed like a corpse, a ghost from the past coming back to haunt her victim. "What's stopping me?" The major virus took a step toward Alarick, a million ways to kill him flashed through her mind. It was almost difficult for Magnolia to decide which one. As she thought and approached the boy, a metal sword began to form in her hand. Magnolia watched Alarick with the dangerous eyes of a predator.

She saw his shallow breathing, his chest rising up and down to signify that he was still alive. Magnolia wanted Alarick to be still, she wanted him to be deathly cold, she wanted to bathe in his blood and sip wine from his skull. She wanted a bloodbath and she was going to get one. Magnolia didn't care if she was caught and executed again. As long as Alarick was dead, Magnolia would be able to rest in her grave knowing that she had successfully avenged her family and the other black market victims. So with her sword half way materialized, Magnolia swung the weapon at the temporary servant boy and the floor underneath him quaked.

@Grape @The Suspicious Eye

Tamara didn't notice that Magnolia let go of her hand. She made it to Dia and the little lord and grabbed her attention. "Something's up, you gotta go." Dia grabbed her son's hand and made her way to the door. They stopped at the carriage Tamara looked around abs gave a groan"you guys go on home I have to find Magnolia." Dia looked at Tamara worried, she didn't want to leave her here. Tamara smiled and watched them get into the carriage, "don't worry Magnolia and I will be fine, you get home safe."

As the carriage disappeared from sight Tamara rushed back in. She stopped under an arch and scoured the crowd for Magnolia. She saw her, sword held high about to atrack. With a flash she intervened.

The floor cracked underneath her feet as she blocked Magnolia's sword with the Weapon on her back. "Jesus, Magnolia what are you doing?" Tamara's helmet spilt in half revealing her face. Well shit. At first they were silent taking in the woman's beautiful face. Then one stammering man shouted "It's the Taku Wind!" Another voice shouted too "She's here to kill us all!" The silence was broken with a curdling scream as people ran in chaos. Guards began to come towards the scene Shit, shit, shit! Underneath her was a the servant boy Magnolia was after. Tamara couldn't move with the weight of Magnolia's sword on her back. She could hear the rest of the armor strain under the stress. Crack! SHIT!

Shade leaned forward on his perch. Nothing quite this exciting had ever happened when he waited to watch the carnage before! That was at least 3 new stones in one night! And three major viruses all clustered in one party as well! Best party he had ever attended hands down! He pulled out a small handful of stones and chucked one at the girls feet. He carried them to taunt whoever he pleased, and this was a good time to taunt. Especially when everyone thought he was gone.

"It's the Taku Wind!" One man shouted and the whole party turned to chaos. People ran amok, shrieking and fleeing towards the exit. They had to get out of there right away and they were selfish about it. A young lady was sucked into the stampede and trampled to either unconsciousness or death. A man was pushed against the wall, his arm bent in an unnatural angle and snapped in half with an disgusting crack! Al watched the anarchy go around him out of his peripheral vision, his eyes still staring wide eyed at the major virus that were in his line of sight.

Had she truly jumped in front of an attack to save him? Staring ridiculously at the woman who sacrificed her disguise to save him from certain death, Al decided it would be best to ditch the popsicle stand before he was six feet underground. Giving the major virus Taku Wind a grateful thumbs up, Al hurried towards the servant exit off to the side. That was when a mysterious amount of stones appeared on the ground, causing Al to slip and fall onto his backside.

"Shit." He muttered as he stared up at the ceiling for a moment. The expensive chandeliers were swinging from all the turmoil that was happening below and much to Al's luck, the one above him snapped and came pummeling down at him. With a sudden burst of strength, Al jumped up just in time to avoid the chandelier's full weight and cover his face with his auto-mech arm. The broken glass shards littered the marble floor, scratching off the wax covering.

With sharp eyes, Al glanced up at the ceiling from where the chandelier fell. It was then that Al's observant gaze noticed the shadow that leaned on the porch. Recognizing the silhouette as the infamous Shade, a major virus that had his hands on the Dark Elemental Stone, Al decided that the most logical action to take was to get out of the building. Two major viruses in one ballroom, this was quite the party. Although his ruby red eyes had made contact with Shade, Al averted his gaze after a few seconds and ran towards the passageway into the kitchen.

It would be less crowded than the halls for hundreds of people stormed it to get out of the building as soon as possible. Al was told to never go through the Great Hall during a party for it was improper for a servant boy to be spotted out there, wandering with nothing to do. However, Al was new at this job and didn't know what to do with specific instructions or Janice to guide him. So, he simply ran absentmindedly around the building, completely missing the exit.

Turning a sharp corner, Al suddenly stopped in his tracks to keep himself from colliding with a icy blue haired girl. "Un, sorry." He said, bowing his head at the girl before taking off again. Suddenly, he realized that the girl was wandering alone and could possibly get pulled into the chaos from the ballroom. Without saying a word, Al took a hold of the girl's hand and pulled her along to who knows where. He didn't know where he was going but as long as it was away from the ballroom, Al though that they would be safe.

@Darth Pai @UltraYuseke

Shade saw the attacked man look at him before running away. Thinking about the opportunities that awaited him h jumped from his perch and became visible as he landed. "You two ladies have fun" he called with a wave of his hand. He then sprinted after the boy, shadowing him for a while. He missed an exit and Shade took this to his advantage, knowing that the person he was perusing had no idea where he was going. Then he ran into the water girl and complicating things. He divided to take his chances and turned into smoke and moved ahead of the pair before solidifying. "Looks like someone wants you dead. You passed the exit a while ago, just so you know. If you want out and a good place to hide, I can show you."

@UltraYuseke

Magnolia stared wide eyed at the now exposed Tamara. It took her a few moments to process what had just happened. She removed her sword from Tamara's back quickly and dropped it on the ground. The metal sword seemed to seep back into the ground, the marble floor distorting to allow the sword to get sucked back into the earth. Magnolia watched, horrified, as the boy got away through the servant exit. She was about to chase after him when Tamara's suit of armour practically split right in half.

Unsure about what decision was the right one, Magnolia looked back and forth at the disappearing back of the James boy and her distressed friend and fellow major virus. The guards would be in the building soon to try and take down the Taku Wind. It seemed that Magnolia's presence had yet to be announced but by the way her sword materialized in her hand, those that knew of her nickname did not dare to speak it. They were more concerned about Tamara, whose face was revealed to the entire congregation.

Finally, Magnolia made her decision. She now knew where the James boy was and he knew of her existence. Although he would have questions about why she attacked him, Magnolia would simply have to hunt him down like she did with her other victims. For now, however, Magnolia had to fight alongside with her criminal ally. The guests fled the ballroom and armoured guards charged in, their hands on their weapons, prepared to unsheathe them. They had to force themselves through the crowd, which was like a rushing current, and this gave the two viruses enough time to think of a plan.

Fight or flight? Magnolia glanced over at Tamara and a small smile returned to her face. "Come on, let's get out of here." Extending her hand for Tamara to take, Magnolia knew that she would have to apologize. She had never told Tamara about her mission to kill, to mercilessly slaughter, a boy whose family were the spawns of Satan. She had even gone as far as endangering Tamara and the ones she was assigned to protect. However, Magnolia was much to stubborn to apologize to the woman. At least, not now.

But alas, it was too late. The guards forced their way into the room and blocked the main exit. The only way out was through the servant corridor that was rather narrow and near the guards. They would have to make a sprint for it. But sprinting for their lives was for peasants. Magnolia and Tamara were major viruses. They were practically royalty! In the criminal world of Erith.

Raising up a wall of earth, Magnolia pushed the wall forward, dismounting the tiles in the floor as she did so. "Nee, Tam-Tam," Magnolia said, clenching her teeth as she focused to push the large wall forward. She heard the sounds of the guards charging around the wall in orderly fashion but Magnolia was much too occupied with the gigantic wall to protect the sidelines. "Clean the sides, will you? You know how much I hate dirt." And so, Magnolia pushed towards the servant exit, simply hoping that Tamara would help her.

@The Suspicious Eye

Al pushed the girl behind him when a dark grey smoke materialized into the man he had seen in the ballroom, watching the scene in which he almost died in take place. They called him Shade. There was quite a large bounty on him if one was able to catch him or bring his head on a platter to the the government officials. Al could use that money to get to Central City, in fact, he could probably go on an all-expense free trip around Erith with that sort of cash. However, Al's mind was quickly taken away from money when Shade mentioned his near-death experience.

"If you want out and a good place to hide, I can show you." Shade said. Al stood there, dumbfounded. His face went completely blank for a moment. Had he really passed the exit? Perhaps he should have studied the map of the building more before the party started. Glancing over at the girl, Al sent her a reassuring look, completely unaware of the two's previous interaction. Being the completely gullible and naive young man he was, Al turned his head to look at Shade and nod. Some would call Al stupid for trusting a major virus, especially one as notorious as Shade, the rest would call him suicidal.

Squeezing the girl's hand, Al tugged her along. "Don't worry," Al spoke to the girl under his breath and if Shade did have an ulterior motive, Al wasn't aware of it and simply put his full trust in the major virus like a fool. "He'll get us out of here." Not knowing where they were going, Shade could have easily led Al off a bridge, saying that there was a pile of gold underneath it. And the young man would have believed him. Turning back to Shade, Al pursed his lips and stared sharply at the major virus. "Lead the way.

@UltraYuseke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back