• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic International Space Abroad!

Cosmosis

How long has it been now? -Cosmo 2023
Joshua Simceel.png
Josh Bit his lip nervously. Here he was, going to a space station to get to a main complex and then he would be on another ship to a planet for a business meeting on establishing buildings for his food chain Meshed Foods. Few aliens visited Earth where he was from, and still resided. The ones that did seemed to love his foods and how he found new ideas from anything food related.

They loved it so much so, he had been offered a deal to start expanding beyond earth. As much as he disliked the idea of space travel, he knew he'd have to start going out from little ol Earth eventually if other extraterrestrials liked his foods enough. That also meant he'd have new foods to work with and he did like new foods and making new things so he decided to take up the offer to prepare fresh foods from a local city on another planet. If he did well, he'd get a building to turn into a restaurant and he could pick his own chefs. (though, some needed to be from the home planet he would be on)

Joshua's clothing line was currently for Humans only however. Named Fresher Than You Know, it had some good clothes that the teens liked and a jacket adults liked. Any alien like a human could get clothes there too but not many took interest in it due to the lack of clothes made for different sentient beings.

Straightening his tie, The young adult exhaled through his nose. 'Keep calm Josh. It'll be fine!' He told himself, despite not believing it. He had to go through security soon to board the flight so he got up and started for the flight bound for ET Station 32.

All he saw were humans on his way there besides a family of Huuks who seemed lost, the little ones hitting their tiny horns together in boredom while they cooed and bleated. (Huuks were known for their build. Human-like with horns like rams and rough skin with fur on their arms and legs.)

As he approached the area he saw a pretty small group of ISCs standing around. Not wanting trouble, Josh went to avoid them, looking at his feet as he went before he bumped into someone. "S-Sorry miss! I didn't mean to run into yo-" Josh was cut off as the girl gasped.

"Joshua Simcal?! Holy god! I love your clothes! I've seen you model them and you look so good in em." A teen around 15 said, her eyes misty as she drifted into daydream for a second.

"It's Simceel ma'am. Sim-Seal. Don't worry. A lot of people get it wrong." He nervously laughed.

"Forgive me Mister Simceel! Could i get a holograph? Pleeease?" The teen begged, bottom lip stuck out for effect.

As much as he didn't want to, Josh posed, winking to a little bot that scanned both him and the girl and she squealed at the little hologram before hugging him. He almost though she was galloping in pure joy. 'Man. I didn't expect that. I hope no one else notices me or i may need to get help from that ISC group...' The business man shivered at the idea. He didn't want to stick out more but if he had a horde of teens charge him wanting Holographs, he'd have no other choice. Still, that girl may have caused some people to look his way so he took out his custom hood from his clothing line and put it on as he looked down again.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18
(Hope this isn't too shitty. If i need to chage anything lemmy know. Btw, the hood looks like an assassins creed hood with thin 3d Pegasus wings on the side of it.)

Last edited:
Nil Paagoliik
It had finally been a full twenty-four hours, the normal earth cycle for a day, but Nil had already been up long before her alarm was set to go off. Tomorrow would mark a year since the accident she had been involved in, and while most of her crew didn't think of that as significant, it meant quite a deal to her. Still she hadn't gotten entirely used to her new reflection in the mirror or keeping the nano-tech within her bloodstream maintained, but it was enough to keep her functioning. After all, it was a risk she was aware of upon enlisting.

She was sat within the common area of her ship, clad in a set of Ielm crafted robes as more of a casual ware. She would have to change into her formal attire once they reached Saturn Station 254 located within the division between rings A and B. They were there, after all, on some form of important business that they had yet to be informed about which could mean one of two things. Neither of them comforting.

As she gazed out of one of the few windows they had on the ship, trying her best to ignore her reflection in the thick glass that protected them from the vacuum of space, she heard lumbering footsteps behind her. Easily identifiable without much need for turning around. "Human-Nil, awake so soon?" A Kraurrykx by the name of Eh'Narun greeted her.
While they spoke different languages, Nil had enough artificial parts within her that the use of the translator she normally carried was unnecessary.

"Yes, Narun. But please use my name, you are aware I dislike being refereed to as such." To be fair, it was the beings first few days aboard after they had to discharge a crew member due to her and them not seeing eye to eye.

Narun took a second to respond as the translator build into a small necklace he wore did the work for him,
taking her word and making them into a series of rough syllables he could manage to understand. "Right,
I apologize hu- Nil." As he corrected his mistake, the woman couldn't help but smile, turning to face him after another moment.

"Please go wake the rest, we dock in twenty minutes."

The rest of her crew wasn't all that happy to be woken on such a sort notice, grumbling and cursing as they tried to get ready. Nil herself had to fish out her uniform, her rank clearly displayed upon its fabric. She hadn't worn it in awhile which only continued to sour her mood.
Hopefully this would be over quick and not leave her stuck within the station with various spacefairers questioning her species. Yet the woman couldn't simmer before the mirror for long when another knock was at the door to her quarters. "Yes?" She asked, wanting to see who was there before allowing them in.

"It is Lo." The rich voice said from behind the door, it clearly belonging to none other than one of the closest crew members she had. An Eonnumm named Lo. His real name wasn't possible to be translated into any other language, so that is what he preferred to be called.

Turning and opening the door for him, the tall, gel-like creature gracefully ducked down to step into the room, almost gliding upon his luminescent limbs. "You seem upset." He continued, no lips moving upon a faceless head that tilted to the side, a gesture she had learned to mean concern.

"What an observation." She muttered in response, looking away from the creature.

"Mmmm..." he hummed. "Human sarcasm. What is troubling you?"

Nil thought for a moment, hesitantly replying "You are aware of the date, yes?"

Lo's head nodded. "Yes, and I am also aware that it has been 364 days since you had been rescued from Cradus 5NJ. Is that what is troubling you?"

The human couldn't respond before a shout sounded from the main cabin, apparently they had arrived.
Her expression clearing, she would move past him and begin barking orders for docking before announcing who was to join her aboard. "I want Lo and Esk with me."

Upon saying this the avian perked up more than surprised. She had a strange mutation that had caused her arms to be replaced by her wings when normally they were a separate set of limbs. "M-me? Are you sure captain I don't know if I-"

Her bird-like calls were cut short as Nil responded with a nod. "Yes you, now please we don't have much time to waste. Lets see what they want." With that the three uniformed ISC soldiers would disembark from their docked ship, heading through the airlock and towards the command center where a certain someone would be waiting.

Cosmosis Cosmosis

Joshua Simceel

The Flight To Saturn
Joshua exhaled through his nose. He was getting angry due to a kid kicking the back of his seat. It wasn't a kick here and there either. Constant kicking. Just like a kid who can't touch the floor in a chair at their house except on a spaceship.

With a twitching eye, Josh stood up and stared at the child, snorting. Their mother was already passed out beside them so, Not caring if he got yelled at, he growled at the small looking child who smugly grinned at him.

"Please stop kicking my seat kid." He said as calmly as he could. Right as he sat down, he got jolted in his seat from another kick. Not giving the reaction the child wanted, Josh adjusted himself and slid back in his seat.

Soon, they took off and he yawned. To kill time the man planned to sleep through the ride, not wanting to think very much about leaving Earth or his friends/workers behind. It was unsettling to say the least.

Then he got another kick. The man stood up so fast the kid gasped. "Kid, do not make me tell you again or i will wake your mother up and have her detain you. I will not tolerate spoiled brats, understand?"

"You're not my mommy mister. You can't tell me what to do and even if you did, i wouldn't listen." The child responded.

Joshua almost lost his mind right then and there. It was obvious this kid was older then he looked. With a vein appearing on his forehead, he woke the mother and explained what their kid was doing. The child denied it so the mother got mad at him for 'lying'.

"Just... Watch your kid miss. I don't want to have to get flight attendants involved. I really don't wanna do that."Joshua stated before sitting back down, sighing.

Moments later, the kicks returned and he just pressed the button for service. The business man explained the situation and the pair got moved, the kid sticking their tongue out at him before they fell and bit it. A few laughs arose from other passengers as he giggled a bit too. 'Karma stings even kids.' He thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Josh awoke to Believe by Skillet playing in his earbuds as the spaceship pulled up to the unloading station. Standing up, he stretched and yawned. He didn't know how long he slept nor did he care. He took some syrup to help him sleep longer, provided by flight attendants on his request and boy did it work.

He thanked the flyer for the safe travel and got off the Spaceship with haste. He didn't want to be on it longer than he had too.

Looking around he decided to get a Saturn HazelCrut Cappachino chilled to 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Tipping the workers $20 the man walked to a table and sat down, pulling out a desktop V4. He stuck the magnet on the table and placed the small monitor above it as it came to life.

Looking at his emails, he re-read the location of the meeting place and rubbed his face as he remembered he would need a hotel or somewhere to stay. Combing his hair with his free hand, he shut down the system and put it away before looking at his watch and yawning again. With six Earth
hours to wait, Josh didn't know what to do. I mean, he didn't have a Saturnian guide or any idea of what was even on the planet. His dislike for space travel was showing if you knew what to look at.
With a moan, he hit his head on the table a few times before looking up. Taking a sip from his cappuccino, he looked out the window in boredom, hoping something interesting would happen to him before his meeting.
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Last edited:
Nil Paagoliik
It didn’t take them long to walk through the station, the public accessible part of it reminding her of an earthly mall. Ah… earth. This only caused her mood to sour more. She hadn’t returned to earth for a few years now, and if she did… Nil knew it wasn’t going to be as easy as it would’ve been before.

Finally reaching the door that separated the military section from the civilian one, she gave the guard stated outside of it a nod as he pulled the door open, allowing them to enter. Here it was another small walk to a nearby conference room, a wooden table surrounded by cloth-covered chairs. Another human design they had adopted. They waited in a tense silence, alone. The glass walls allowing them to see those that passed through the hall they had came from. “Relax.” Lo whispered, shifting a bit to adjust his own uniform. Nil didn’t respond, knowing it would be much too difficult to do so at this point.

Finally, the commander in chief would enter the room, the three of them quick to stand at attention. Discipline was heavily enforced within their ranks. “At ease..” The aging human sighed, moving to take a seat at the head of the table, which signaled for the others to do the same. “So… Officer Paagoliik... current commander of the 2351st squad… is that right?”

“Yes sir.” She confirmed. “After our previous officer resigned, I was to take his place.”

“And everything has been running… smoothly?” His slightly misty gaze shifted from her glowing eyes to the more alien beings that sat beside her.

“Y-yes sir!” Esk nodded her beaked head eagerly, the man appearing to smile slightly at the private’s enthusiasm.

“Of course.” Lo would also respond. His large head facing the man with a graceful motion.

The chief didn’t seem to be convinced, but still leaned back in his chair. “Well. There’s just one more matter to attend to then. Which I would prefer I speak to Officer Paagoliik about alone, if you both wouldn’t mind.” The two took a moment for their translators to process this before respectfully standing and leaving the room.

“Natalie .” He finally said after they had left, the woman flinching somewhat when he said her birth name. “To make things easier on yourself and everyone else, I think you need to consider this.” He slid across the table a paper form she was extremely familiar with. Besides, this day and age, if something is in paper, it's more than formal.

It was to permanently change her species on all recorded records, including things such as her birth certificate.

“With all do respect.” She began tautly. “You already know that I am not going to sign some papers and be labeled as an Nacanari.”

“Can you cut the bullshit?” The man huffed, annoyed. “The radiation did you in, and because of your specific gene structure, you basically already are, aside from a few synthetic parts and some stubborn human attributes that didn’t change.”

“Yes so I look like some hybrid freak that was birthed on some backwater moon.” Nil spat back at him. “Do you realise how racist they are against mankind?”

“You already changed your name! What could a bit more surgery and radiation do?!”

“Possibly end my life!”

“For god sakes..” He ran a hand down his face, sitting there for a moment before looking her directly in the eye. “I didn’t want to have to do this, but seeing as you already caused one resignation, I can’t risk anymore. Nil Paagoliik, as the commander in chief of this division of the International Space Corps, I order you to sign these papers and go through with the procedure.”

The woman tensed but didn’t move.

“That is an ORDER, officer.” He barked. “Or you can hand me your badge right now.”

Reaching for the pen and setting the ballpoint down onto the page, she signed the various pages before tossing the writing utensil back in the man’s face and standing. “When my corpse turns up dead.” She hissed. “Please take pleasure in knowing that my death was your fault.” With that she stormed out of the room, the glass door slamming behind her.

Her crew members followed the frothing Nil silently, Lo and Esk knowing something was clearly wrong but not wanting to comment on it. Even as they emerged into the public area of the station, the small flowing crowd of various species parted to give the hostile woman space.

They stopped when they neared the food court, Lo finally asking “What did he ask you?” His head tilting like it normally did.

“He forced me to fully become a Nacanari.” She growled bitterly, the larger being silent for a while.

“A man of his position should know what a risk that is… as they are who we are currently at war with due to their crimes against mankind.”

Nil couldn’t offer a response before Esk tugged on her sleeve using her beak, standing back up to her full height while gesturing off towards a table with one wing, her eyes beaming. “I-i-is that… Joshus Simccel?!” She squealed like a little human girl, using her wing-tips to try and conceal her obvious blush.

The man’s name made Nil’s blue skin pale.

How in the hell was he here right now.

“I’ll be quick I promise!” She murmured, beginning to move towards him. “Esk I don’t think that’s a good idea! Approaching random humans who might be.. New to space travel or don’t have a translator…” But it was clear her attempts were hopeless as she neared the man, immediately gushing all over him.

But all he would hear would be a series of face-paced bird calls.

Cursing beneath her breath she would walk up beside the Avian, swallowing hard before speaking. “I… apologize for her approaching you out of the blue… she seems to be a rather big fan.” At this point the bipedal bird would just nod eagerly.

Hopefully he wouldn’t recognize her voice.

Cosmosis Cosmosis

Joshua Simceel

The Saturn Food Court
Joshua was startled when a bird-like being approached him and started squawking a him. He let out a quieter suprised scream and covered himself. "Dear god! I'm sorry miss! If i offended you i didn't mean it!" He let out a nervous laugh like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo.

Then, a voice struck his ears. A human voice he hadn't heard in years. 'How...' Joshua thought. And before he could realize it, the bird was forgotten and Josh stood up, a look of longing on his face.

"\Nat...Natalie Are you here?" The man asked, looking around. "No... It can't be her." He slowly sat back down, hands on his head. "there isn't a shot in hell she'd see me or look at me now." His face sagged a bit at the thought of seeing Natalie again. How would it go?

The last time they had spoke, Josh had told her joining the ISC of Earth wasn't needed. And even if there was a point, it wouldn't be a good one. He had wanted her to stay on the planet they were born on so he didn't lose the friendship they had. It lead to him getting a door slammed in his face after she told him he wouldn't get anywhere hiding on Earth.

Then a girl came up to him and apologized for the bird, saying they were a big fan. They sounded like her but didn't look like he girl he knew. The odds of seeing her had been small on Earth but now that there were so many other planets it was like finding a needle in a super-planet size stack of hay.

"I-It's alright. I got a bit confused thinking i heard someone i used to know. You must be a translator for her?" Josh questioned. "If you are, let her know i'm happy to meet her and i ask what request she has. Unless all she wanted was a hello."

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back