Experiences Interest threads with teeny tiny font???

Truff

One Thousand Club
It seems to be a trend lately and it just frustrates me. I have a job that requires me to focus on computer screens all day and squinting at tiny font is so uncomfortable 😭 I know I can zoom in and I know this is a petty complaint. Anyone else with tired, old eyes??

It seems to be a trend lately and it just frustrates me. I have a job that requires me to focus on computer screens all day and squinting at tiny font is so uncomfortable 😭 I know I can zoom in and I know this is a petty complaint. Anyone else with tired, old eyes??

If I can’t read it I just let the OP know. People usually are happy to accommodate.

Especially as things can look very different on a computer and on mobile, so it’s usually something they haven’t realized.

I have a hard time reading tiny font as well. You might be able to zoom in on your computer/adjust the setting to help!

It's often done for aesthetics, in a sensibility I don't get clearly, but oh well. One thing you can do it click "reply". This will automatically quote the post, and you can read the quoted.

It's often done for aesthetics, in a sensibility I don't get clearly, but oh well. One thing you can do it click "reply". This will automatically quote the post, and you can read the quoted.
Not aesthetic when it's not even legible lol.

I know, but I don't understand the logic there. It's literally just text?

I mean I don't think it's about any kind of logic. It's an aesthetic sensibility they have, they think it looks that much better that way. At least, to my understanding.

*cries in bad eyesight*
I always appreciate when people add the uncoded version of their post 😌

I don't code but seeing pretty posts make me happy. It's amazing what people can code for their post haha

On the other hand sometimes I'm on phone. When that happen and the poster doesn't have an uncoded version? I just weep

Yes, you can click reply to automatically quote the post without the code, but it's still difficult to read! Not only is there the post, but also all the codes you have to scroll through just to read the post. Then deleting. I swear by three different colored pencil sharpeners it's so difficult. I have to highlight another wall of mobile-unfriendly post just for the site to go "whoopsie you pressed like 1 mm above this box so I assume you want to zoom to the top of this reply box and unselect everything you just selected!" I'll go mad.

Sooo yeah. Aesthetic posters, go ahead, but add the bare text in a spoilers

I don't code but seeing pretty posts make me happy. It's amazing what people can code for their post haha

On the other hand sometimes I'm on phone. When that happen and the poster doesn't have an uncoded version? I just weep

Yes, you can click reply to automatically quote the post without the code, but it's still difficult to read! Not only is there the post, but also all the codes you have to scroll through just to read the post. Then deleting. I swear by three different colored pencil sharpeners it's so difficult. I have to highlight another wall of mobile-unfriendly post just for the site to go "whoopsie you pressed like 1 mm above this box so I assume you want to zoom to the top of this reply box and unselect everything you just selected!" I'll go mad.

Sooo yeah. Aesthetic posters, go ahead, but add the bare text in a spoilers
I just wish so many RP's wouldn't make coding mandatory because it hurts my brain. I know HTML/CSS, but I do not know whatever form of coding it is being used on this site.

Huh. Weird. Maybe it's just me but I've only ever seen, in all my years of roleplaying, one time when coding was mandatory. And even then the code was just straight up provided.

Huh. Weird. Maybe it's just me but I've only ever seen, in all my years of roleplaying, one time when coding was mandatory. And even then the code was just straight up provided.
I have encountered it and yes the code was provided, but I just can't read the type of coding that is used on this site.

I have encountered it and yes the code was provided, but I just can't read the type of coding that is used on this site.

I'm sorry to hear that then. I really don't like it when people start going all out against coding or people who code, but it's something that should be done because you like it or because it enhances the post in some way, not something that should be forced on anyone.

I'm sorry to hear that then. I really don't like it when people start going all out against coding or people who code, but it's something that should be done because you like it or because it enhances the post in some way, not something that should be forced on anyone.
I have zero issues with it when it's voluntary. I just don't like it being a forced thing, y'know? Even if I could read the code here I still wouldn't like it being mandatory. This is a writing site, not a coding site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back