Interest... Continuation... HOW?! Teach me.

Elowyn

word weaver
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So I have a question: what exactly draws players in? To interest checks? To a roleplay? Is it the standard cliches? Popular themes? Person posting? Depth or detail?

And how in the world do you keep people interested, motivated, etc? What factors influence this? Is it luck and chance? Who joins the rp? Plot?

So what do you think? What makes you click on an interest check and decide that you want to join? What are you looking for in a rp? What makes you want to continue? 

Discussion and differing opinions highly encouraged~ 

Thanks.

That thread has tips for keeping interests. Sadly there is no magic formula to ensure that people decide to join your roleplay in the first place. Cuz people like different things and have different cravings  at different times. Add in real life and schedules and there just isn't a way to answer that definitively.

all I can say is :

make your search clearly organized. Separate different sections, bold the parts that are important, be willing to answer questions if needed.

also have patience. The key to a long running roleplay as I state in the thread above is not story, plot, organization, etc. it's finding a core group of friends that you jell well with and are enthusiastic about roleplaying with.

and that just takes patience and time, you got to go through a lot of trial and error to find a good fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back