• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Interest Check WH40K Only War

Kallateral

Flash Git
SH2FDI9.jpg

Familiar with Only War? If not, I'll quote TV Tropes' description:

In short, it is the World War simulator of the Warhammer 40K-line. In Only War, you have the potential to be a soldier of the Imperial Guard - the Hammer of the Emperor. The Space Marines may be the God-Emperor's sons, but the guardsmen are his warriors - while the Space Marines sway the tide, the Imperial Guard
is the tide. They are the true raw muscle of the Imperial war machine.

Now why am I asking you this question? Why am I telling you these things?

Because I know there's a mighty lack of Only War on this site and hopefully there's some of you reading this who agree with me.

So right now I'm sending out a few feelers --- is anyone interested? Even if you've got no previous experience with Only War or Warhammer... if this catches your interest, do feel free to speak up!
:)

Also, as an aside, the spot as DM is currently up for grabs, but I'll be chewing on some campaign ideas myself, just in case.

For the Imperium!

Definitely up for this, combination of lowly guardsmen and Tv Tropes references has me sold on this RP!

As for experience, I can't say I have gameplay experience of Only War, but from a brief skim of the "Eleventh Hour" Only War Introduction I'd say it looks,IKR a pretty awesome system. I do however have plenty of experience with Warhammer, and with Roleplaying Games in general. I'd be happy to help out either in full or in part as the DM, although I'd need time to familiarise myself with the intricacies of the rules first.

So yeah, colour me interested!

This is brilliant! Now, I'm actually starting to get really hyped --- in part because of a friend egging me on --- so I'm getting quite a lot of ideas for a possible campaign. Good to hear there are others who's interested in DMing, though --- heightens the chances of this becoming a reality, yeah? :P

YES!!! I AM IN!!! I play warhammer 40K tabletop. I have a tau army, a imperial guard armored army, and a space marine air-based assault group, mostly blood angels. My bother has soooo many tyranids...

Let's see --- that's four interested so far. I also know I've gotten two others who may be interested --- six total. I think I want to cap at 7.

There's one, maybe two, spots left! If one of those who contacted me backs out, I'll consider opening up his spot.

@Hellkite @captain forever You two still up? Do you have Skypes; we have a small group for coordinating character creation and stuff --- it's fun to discuss concepts together in a group!

I've concluded that I've got a strong wish to GM this. I have some ideas for a campaign and would ideally want to wait till after Christmas --- but before the New Year --- with starting the game.

Don't worry; we're just using it to discuss characters. But we can do that in an OOC thread, too, I suppose.

@Crocodile

If you follow the links at the top of this page, you're welcome to post a character sheet for review. Keep in mind that there's some information that is still... being worked out properly. Bit of confusion may happen, but we're trying to make do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back