• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Interest Check: Valentine's Day Ball

NessieAlways

da bomb diggity
Hey guys!

I've created a Roleplay that I want to start coming February. I want to start recruiting now and getting things ready that way the Roleplay starts as soon as the superbowl is over.

Before I start on the RP, I want to state the things that I'm looking for in this RP.

*I want the RP to be more on the advanced side, meaning quality of posts over quantity of posts.

*I'm not really seeing this as a fast RP. While slow RPs tend to be a bit irritating, I prefer giving authors enough time to make a good post rather than having to rush to keep up.

*I want characters with depth in them and that go above the typical stereotypical characters.

*Finally I want dedicated players because honestly everyone hates when all their hard work gets flushed down the toilet

Alright now, if you think you can manage the few points above, then I'm glad to have you on board.

Here's a simple break down of what I had planned for the RP.

It obviously takes place on Valentine's Day. Characters receive anonymous invitations to attend a masquerade ball. Only characters that are alone of Valentine's Day get invited, meaning the recently dumped, the singles, the dumpers, the love haters, etc. The RP will follow the characters through the night as they meet and interact. The catch is that the people attending the ball are not allowed to fall for anyone.

Obviously romance is strongly encouraged, it is Valentine's Day. The only twist is that the characters will have to work on hiding their affairs, from a NPC that I will create to act as a "Security".

With that said if you're interested click the link below!

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/masked-hearts-ball-open.91124/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested. But I have a single question. As for those who attend school during the week, and the issues with notifications majority of the time, there will be tagging and such, correct? Because it tends to happen a lot in the rps I'm currently in. Plus, a thing about interactions, you know how in some rps, people only talk to a certain one or two people the entire time, that will be prevented here, right?

If so, I would love to join ^^

@Mashiro Shiina

Definite yes to the tagging, at least on my part, although I can't control the other players. I don't know if they'll be as on top on the tagging. I could enforce it though, and if a player goes a few days without responding, I can tag them to make sure they don't fall behind. I'm a college student, so I know the whole missing a notification and coming back to five pages of RP. I will try my best to prevent it since I myself hate it.

Oh and another thing I do is write page summaries for the RP. Say the RP has hit 5 pages or a turning point then I'll write a short summary on what happened in those pages. That way if someone falls behind or wants to go back to past events they only have to read a paragraph or two as opposed to five whole pages. Sometimes I fall a little behind, but I catch up on my free time.

@DarkiusHeavenstein

Of course! If I get enough people interested and manage to start this you'll be notified.

I would like to join if you're still accepting.

I'll admit I'm terrible at tagging but I try to check in as often as I can.

I'm still accepting applications!

Male roles are encouraged.

Female roles are okay.

Deadline to sign up is this Friday!

Is it still possible to join?

It has piqued my interest, and I need a few more role plays to join, as I am quite... Bored as of late.

iLoriel2 said:
Is it still possible to join?
It has piqued my interest, and I need a few more role plays to join, as I am quite... Bored as of late.
Sorry I'm not taking any more people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back