• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern INSYLUM

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
INSYLUM

Introduction/Story Teaser

Welcome to the Carlsbad County Schizophrenia Annex.

You may not remember why you're here. And that's okay, we're going to help you. You'll receive the best psychiatric care we can provide. There will be Group Therapy every day, you'll get some TV time and some relaxing arts & crafts. If you need some extra time with a therapist, you only have to say the word. Don't worry. We'll help you remember. We'll help you confront what happened, and overcome your issues.

But it's late now. Let's show you to Ward 23, where you'll be staying. I'm afraid we've got quite a strict lights out policy.

...and the lights go out and the clock strikes midnight strikes thirteen the bell tolls tolls thirteen times in the hour between midnight and twelve oh one and the doors the doors open every room of Ward 23 the doors open and THE DOOR opens THE WAY is revealed in a childish chalk outline in a gaping maw of mahogany teeth in a trapdoor the WAY into the Night World into The Clock Factory into The Whisper Labyrinth into the Castle where twin suns sink behind the lake and

No one will believe you

Gameplay

Light System: A light system intended not to be intrusive and allow for fluid interactions.

Dark and Surreal: This game will be quite dark, the theme, tone, and events quite surreal at times.

Short Arc: This game will not go on for very long but may require intensive posting for a while.

Requirements

All you need is a tolerance for horror and the surreal, comfort with building your character through play and developing their history by dialogue. You'll also need to be prepared for some dark material and provocative discussion, and if anyone is interested in playing I need to be aware of their limits on what is offensive or triggering.

I will take no less than 3 characters before posting the thread, and no more than 5 before closing.

Your character sheet should look like this:

Name:

Apparent Age:

Appearance:

Vitality: 5

Lucidity 5

Memory: 0

Truth:

You may list five true things that your character remembers - one of them can be your actual name. Here are some examples:

'...If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, you will speak when you are spoken to!'

A black dress, torn at the shoulder.

We drank coffee in his kitchen and tried to connect to one another.

Blind with panic. Deaf to the roar of the caged traffic. Heart stopped on the road to Damascus. Paul, sat at the roadside hunched over like a gull, like a bloody gull! As useless and as doomed as a dying goatherd, a syphilitic cartographer, an infected leg.

On Posting and Post Length

One post a day can be sufficient.

There is no minimum of sentences or paragraphs. Brevity is beautiful, and the more you can do with less words the better.

Beware the Yellow Sign.

You have Taken my Interest and locked it away in an Asylum because it began hallucinating from the pure opportunity for joining your Role Play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back