• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Insecure, Unconfined, Unprotected

Siren77

Bored Ancient
After Ms. Bond’s closing remarks, there was an air of hesitance about the room. None of the soldiers and militants present dared to move a muscle, curiosity likely binding them. Shifty eyes continued to glance left and right, debating nonverbally amongst themselves just what course of action they would take. With how vague the mission statement thus far was, they couldn’t be blamed for wanting to learn more.

Likewise however, they could not be blamed for wanting to preserve their own lives. Many were young, and likely had families to attend to. With what could only be described as a suicide mission into the unknown before them, it wasn’t long before the first of the group began to leave the room. One by one they all stood, gathering their things and departing, not a word spoken, not a second thought to be had. Judging by the woman’s words, there was no second chances on this. They were either in or out.

And the majority chose out.

A grand total of four individuals remained in the room, Saavedra included among them. Good, he’d anticipated the majority leaving. While help was essential for this shit fest, having too many would prove problematic, especially if they thought to act alone. While he sure as shit could not say he could trust the three before him, there was atleast greater odds of gaining that trust.

“Well, looks like we have our merry band miss.”

Saavedra’s voice gave no indication of his heritage, sounding like the typical gruff southerner you’d expect from someone originating from his part of the country.

“As Ms. Bond said, I’m SFC Saavedra. It’s a pleasure to meet you all. I’m going to be honest, I’m just as clueless as the rest of ya’ll as far as what the hell we can expect to find down there. But you made your choice the same as I did, and I expect no cowardice from any of you.”

Grabbing a blank whiteboard to his left, Tæven pulled it central for them all to see. A rough outline of Southeast Idaho was drawn up, with crude indicators of major cities and roads thrown on as well.

“We’re here in Pocatello, where we’ll remain for the next five hours. At 0500 exactly, we’ll depart from our hotel rooms and depart in a designated vehicle provided by the foundation. According to them, any equipment we may want or need will be contained within. We’ll proceed West on I-84, until we reach Twin Falls, at which point we’ll turn off and head south on Highway 93. After reaching a marked checkpoint left for us by the foundation, we will ready our equipment, and depart East on foot to coordinates 42.18832 N, 114.22286 W.”

“Ahem!” Ms. Bond loudly cleared her throat.

“What? You don’t want me to tell them exactly where the fuck we’re headed?”

“You were expect to lead them there without giving those coordinates to them.”

“Well, tough shit. I’m not having them wonder how much further we have to walk or where it is we’re headed. I think your little organization will be just fine if four jar heads know the coordinates of your little facility.”

Ms Bond pursed her lips, staring daggers into Saavedra’s own uncaring eyes. But she’d say nothing more, so he continued.

“Once we arrive at the facility entrance, which for us will be a hatch hidden amongst the dirt, I’ll have codes that will give us access inside. From there, a map of the facility will be sent to our Data Pods (also to be provided with our equipment), and we’ll head straight for the communications network. Our only objective until that point is survival. Once we get additional intel to the situation, and know what and where our targets are, we’ll begin the objective.”

Saavedra unceremoniously tossed the dry erase marker to the table and looked to them all.

“Any questions?”

Ren listens quietly to the presentation; his thoughts retuning to the plague, “I’ve been through one hell, and now I’m about to enter another…what an ironic twist of fate…” he mentally thought to himself as the presentation ended. It was quiet for a time before slowly others began to leave. More and more flooding out the door, their preservation taking over. Ren didn’t blame them, he’d want to survive too, but he wasn’t them. He felt he had another calling, otherwise he wouldn’t have been invited.

Soon it was just him and a few others. His head looking left, right, and even behind him to see who it was that remained. It was a small team, not the worst, but also not the best either. Though now the silence was interrupted as a man spoke, detailing the locations and departure of the group before the woman from before scolded the man. Who in turn had his own retorts. Ren respected that, he wanted to make sure he and the others knew where they going and even defended his thought process. If this was to be the team lead then he had a feeling he’d get along well with him. At the first sign of questions ren spoke, “will I be given all the medical supplies id need to guarantee the continued existence of those present in this room? Or rather those of us who are undertaking this dangerous assignment?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back