• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Innocencely Gifted | Misery Loves Company

Matthew Phillips

The last few days have been very confusing to him as he didn't really know why Lawrence had picked him to work in his corporation anyway. It was all very confusing. Matthew was awakened out of his slumber due to a knock being placed upon his door. He groaned while leaning up and rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he yawned for the person behind the door to come in. It was Stephanie, one of the recruiters. She stood there in a gray pants suit, her raven colored locks of hair tied into a ponytail and her smirking lips were stained with lip gloss. She smiled while walking further into his room now and opening the curtains, the blazing sun blindly him for a moment. She turned heel towards him and parted her lips to speak.

"Good Morning, Matthew. I hope you are ready for your big day." She exclaimed while smiling. Matthew raised a brow up at her then spoke. "Wait, what big day?" Stephanie scoffed as she rolled her eyes at him. "Have you not been paying attention within your time here? You are working with several others in Lawrence's factory." Stephanie explained as he shook his head. "Whatever." Matthew said while turning on his side and throwing the covers over his head. Stephanie had a scowling look on her face as she went over and snatched the covers off of him then pointed her index finger at him. "Look, you will be working in his corporation and you will like it. Got it? Good." She didn't even give him a chance to answer as she strutted out of the room, mumbling a few choice words to herself.

He wasn't at all prepared for today and wondered what his job was going to be. A slight sigh escaped over his parted lips as he got out of his bed, heading towards his bathroom, where he showered and washed his hair, brushed his teeth and washed his face. Soon, he escaped from the steam filled room and back into his bedroom, where he rummaged through his closet of assorted clothing. It was his sense of style but the clothes were not his. With the shrug of his shoulders, Matt pulled out a blue, buttoned up, collared shirt along with a pair of matching pants and shoes. He may have looked like a smurf but it was what he had picked out and he was damn pleased with his selection. After running his fingers through his hair, Matthew left his room and walked down the stairs, bumping into Abigail.

"Oh, hey there, little one." Matt said with a charming smile. Abigail looked up at him then spoke. "Good Morning. Ready for your first day?" She asked while walking beside him now. "Yeah, I do not know what to expect but I am ready for anything. Nice seeing you before I left though." Abigail nodded her head then trailed off somewhere else. Matt walked into the living area of the home, where Lawrence was there sitting in a chair reading the newspaper. "Ah, Matthew." He said, his eyes never leaving the newspaper. "Good Morning to you, Mr. Lawrence." Lawrence then folded the newspaper up and placed it on the table beside him. "So, ready for your first day? And why the hell are you dressed like a smurf?" Matthew looked down at his wardrobe then raised a brow up at Lawrence. "I suppose I am ready. You're like the fiftieth person to ask me that this morning." He exaggerated a little bit then leaned back into the couch he was sitting on.

"I wouldn't get too comfortable. When the other recruits get down here, we'll be leaving as soon as possible." Lawrence said while looking down at his wristwatch then looked up as more recruits began entering the room. “Well, don’t you guys look wonderful.” He told them with a smile. Matthew looked at the recruits up and down but only one of them caught his eye. He continuously stared at her then looked away as Mr. Lawrence directed them to follow him outside and into the stretch limo. “Guys, get ready because your lives change today.” Mr. Lawrence said as he instructed the driver to drive towards his building.

What did Mr. Lawrence have in store for them? It seemed like neither one of them knew but was going to find out sooner, rather than later.

Juliette woke to the sound of the alarm that she had set since she'd been here. She considered this place a safe house for her. A place for her to stay without having to go and risk her life, usually only wearing something akin to a bathing suit, only to have to take it off for money while dancing around a pole. It wasn't that she hated stripping- don't get her wrong- the money was great. She'd been living the good life. It was just that her mind control occasionally got a little out of control and she'd do anything- anything- to get what she wanted. Including totally altering someone's perception of reality and leavin them scarred. That'd been right before she met Klaus.

She readied herself just before the door to her room was knocked on, having taken a shower the night before. Normally, she'd be sleeping in, so that she could be awake all night, but since she'd been here, she'd fixed her sleeping schedule out of pure willpower.

"Come in," she called out. The door opened to reveal the man that had recruited her. "Hello, Klaus."

"Morning, Bee. It's good to see you got ready without being nagged, unlike some of the other recruits," he said with a light laugh. "It's a nice change." Bee nodded and moved to the door.

"Today we go to the factory, right?" Her eyebrows raised at him as she let her hair down from the bun she'd previously had it in. It settled on her black shirt, which went well with her blue denim jeans, in loose waves.

"Right."

They traveled through some balls and down a staircase before joining the other recruits. Then they were all loaded into a vehicle. Only then did Beverly take the time to examine her fellow recruits. There was one sitting right beside her who seemed to be around her age. She gave him a tiny, polite smile before saying, "I don't believe we've met. I'm Juliette, and you are?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back