• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Initiates (a DCU CS thread)

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hey there! Interested, especially if more people are on board.

Ah this must be what you were kicking around I might have an idea or two

Ok read that I call specter host right now

Link me when the cs goes up? I am desperate by now to play my character. I have made him thrice now! I will age him down a bit. BackSet BackSet

well if this is a titan/YJ RP then I was planning to be a Robin but in this case I'm ready to bring back a character I have for other superheroes RP, a swordman vigilante

Agh! I like the storyline, but I normally do not like making OC's. If I did join in I would have liked to be Beast Boy/Changeling (Garfield Logan), though I know I would have to adopt someone else who would have taken the mantle or is next of kin.

I may have some interest. Tag me when the CS goes up?

Interested

I'm interested.

Hero name:
Civilian identity:
Eye color:
Hair color:
Nemesis (optional):

Powers:
Weaknesses:

Weapons:
Other gear:

Hero appearance (a picture works just fine if that's Your thing):
Civilian appearance (again a picture is fine):

Personality:

Origin story:

Senior leaguer CS

Senior leagurs

BackSet BackSet as Nightwing aka dick grayson

(Note: I will not let you create a senior leaguer character unless you have created a newbie character. This way we can focus more on the newbies which is the intention of this roleplay. Senior heroes should not be as involved with newbie missions as the newbies are. Senior heroes are advisors and mentors and will be uninvolved with most of the field mission of newbies. You also must pick from the presented list.)

List:

-Nightwing (dick Grayson. Formerly robin.)
-Supergirl (Kara Zor-el)
-Captain wonder (Alex prince. Son of Wonder Woman (Diana prince))
-warhawk (Rex Stewart. Son of green lantern (John Stewart) and hawkgirl (shiera Hall)(hope I spelled that right))
-aqua girl (daughter of aqua man (Arthur curry) and Mera.)
-flash (Wally west. Formerly kid flash)
-red arrow (Roy Harper. Formerly speedy.)
-Oracle (Barbara gordon)
-blue beetle (Jaime rayas)

CS

Hero name (from the list):
Civilian identity (again from the list):
eye color:
Hair color:

Powers:
Weaknesses:

Weapons:
Other gear:

Hero appearance (a picture is just fine if that's what you prefer):
Civilian appearance (once again a picture is fine):

Apply below.

Hero name: The Question
Civilian identity: Holly Blake
Eye color: brown
Hair color: black
Nemesis (optional): The Answer

Powers: martial arts training, deductive and intelligent mind.
Weaknesses: like any other human she can succumb to disease and physical injury.

Weapons: hand gun.
Other gear: watch, smoke bombs, laptop.

Hero appearance (a picture works just fine if that's Your thing): in her hero persona she wears a blue trench coat over a white shirt and black pants. Her hair is tied back in a ponytail and she wears a blue fedora on her head. She wears brown sensible shoes and a black tie. Her most noticeable feature is a mask that makes her look as if she lacks a face.
Civilian appearance (again a picture is fine): in her civilian persona she often dresses as you'd expect a normal person to dress. More often than not she wears a t-shirt and jeans. Her hair is still tied back but the fedora is gone. The mask is no longer on revealing her intelligent brown eyes.

Personality: intelligent, not quite as much of a crackpot theorist as the original question but she has her moments, serious some of the time but she can make some pretty bad jokes if she wants to.

Origin story: Holly Blake worked under the original question as an apprentice. sidekick if you will. The question was much more tightly wound than batman, refusing to quit detective work until he died. And he did die. Killed in the field by a man calling himself: The Answer. The answer fancied himself as the anti-question. He considered himself what the world really needed. Holly mourned question for a bit before taking mantle herself swearing to hunt down the answer. Soon the Justice league 2.0 approached her offering her a job.

I approve my own character.

image.png image.png Hero name (from the list): Nightwing
Civilian identity (again from the list): Richard “dick” Grayson
eye color: blue
Hair color: black

Powers: expert martial arts skills, extremely sharp mind, well conditioned body, stealth skills
Weaknesses: like other humans he is weak to excessive physical injury and disease, he is getting older and thus not as strong as his prime (although he's still pretty strong)

Weapons: escrima sticks, batarangs, mini-bombs
Other gear: smoke bombs, binoculars, mini bat-computer

Hero appearance (a picture is just fine if that's what you prefer): see attachment
Civilian appearance (once again a picture is fine): see attachment

Approved again

Hero name: The Spectre
Civilian identity: Raine Gallia
Eye color: red
Hair color: white
Nemesis (optional): eclipso

Powers:
  • immortality ( how can you kill the dead)
  • reality alteration ( limited to self and local area)
  • Limited higher awareness ( if someone is doing something really big they will have an idea something is going on)
Weaknesses:
  • vulnerability to powerful magic
  • divine law ( there are somethings they just can't do )
  • host issues ( mostly due to different ideals in Justice and vengeance)

Weapons: none
Other gear: none

Hero appearance: not the best but hey its a picture.
1165800-xan.jpg

761fb9dfcee6782eb7bd8a1a444a5f3af37e7895.jpg

Personality:
Raine has something of a negative outlook to the world often commenting on the worst accepts of humanity and seeming to be amused by them. She honestly likes to hide her identity preferring to appear in front of heroes as the spectre. One major thing that differentiates her from most spectre incarnations is her resistance to the spirits urge to kill.

Origin story:
Raine's story starts the day she died, it was nothing special no monsters, no super villains, no accidents, just a robbery gone wrong. Before that she was a normal teen with a decent life ahead of her living in a good neighborhood avoiding most crime and the super villain fights. Still sometimes things do happen and only god knows why.
Raine died after a group of thieves started breaking into the houses in her neighborhood, that day there happened to be some other event that took up the police forces' attention letting them get away with little resistance. That was until they came to her house, it all should have been simple pull out a gun wave it around and demand the goods in and out. That didn't happen Raines' father had a gun of his own and he wasn't afraid to use it.
What followed was a small scale shoot out as one of the thieves was shot as soon as they entered the house and the other three were enraged by this and didn't want to back down. Her father tired his best but a few hours at the range was not the same as true experience and soon he was gunned down.
This left only Raine and her mother, defenseless with three guys who despite killing someone were still angry. Lets say they took their anger out on the two before killing them. Death might have been nice but instead of pearly gates and a chorus of angels Raine got an offer she was offered the chance at vengeance if she would host a spirit. With her anger still burning she quickly accepted the deal and the spectre was bound to her.
It was only after Raine had taken vengeance on the thieves leaving them as little more than blood splatters that she realized she really didn't feel any better. Well she felt better that they wouldn't hurt anyone and that the stolen goods would go back but she was dead and was separated from her family. Still a deal is a deal and she had her end to fulfill to bring vengeance for those that were wronged.

Hero name: The Spectre
Civilian identity: Raine Gallia
Eye color: red
Hair color: white
Nemesis (optional): eclipso

Powers:
  • immortality ( how can you kill the dead)
  • reality alteration ( limited to self and local area)
  • Limited higher awareness ( if someone is doing something really big they will have an idea something is going on)
Weaknesses:
  • vulnerability to powerful magic
  • divine law ( there are somethings they just can't do )
  • host issues ( mostly due to different ideals in Justice and vengeance)

Weapons: none
Other gear: none

Hero appearance: not the best but hey its a picture.
1165800-xan.jpg

761fb9dfcee6782eb7bd8a1a444a5f3af37e7895.jpg

Personality:
Raine has something of a negative outlook to the world often commenting on the worst accepts of humanity and seeming to be amused by them. She honestly likes to hide her identity preferring to appear in front of heroes as the spectre. One major thing that differentiates her from most spectre incarnations is her resistance to the spirits urge to kill.

Origin story:
Raine's story starts the day she died, it was nothing special no monsters, no super villains, no accidents, just a robbery gone wrong. Before that she was a normal teen with a decent life ahead of her living in a good neighborhood avoiding most crime and the super villain fights. Still sometimes things do happen and only god knows why.
Raine died after a group of thieves started breaking into the houses in her neighborhood, that day there happened to be some other event that took up the police forces' attention letting them get away with little resistance. That was until they came to her house, it all should have been simple pull out a gun wave it around and demand the goods in and out. That didn't happen Raines' father had a gun of his own and he wasn't afraid to use it.
What followed was a small scale shoot out as one of the thieves was shot as soon as they entered the house and the other three were enraged by this and didn't want to back down. Her father tired his best but a few hours at the range was not the same as true experience and soon he was gunned down.
This left only Raine and her mother, defenseless with three guys who despite killing someone were still angry. Lets say they took their anger out on the two before killing them. Death might have been nice but instead of pearly gates and a chorus of angels Raine got an offer she was offered the chance at vengeance if she would host a spirit. With her anger still burning she quickly accepted the deal and the spectre was bound to her.
It was only after Raine had taken vengeance on the thieves leaving them as little more than blood splatters that she realized she really didn't feel any better. Well she felt better that they wouldn't hurt anyone and that the stolen goods would go back but she was dead and was separated from her family. Still a deal is a deal and she had her end to fulfill to bring vengeance for those that were wronged.
Approved

{WIP}
Hero name:
Superboy
Civilian identity: Jon Kent
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Brown
Nemesis {*}: The Eradicator

Powers:
  • Kryptonian-Human Hybrid
    • Solar Radiation Absorption: Superman's powers rely on his cells' ability to absorb and metabolize solar energy from yellow stars like Earth's sun. His Kryptonian body is a living "solar battery" that absorbs solar energies and converts them to fuel for vast superhuman abilities. His cells also store yellow sun energy so he can use his powers under objects, at night, in dark places, and in space. If placed under blue solar radiation, however, Jon's powers will grow stronger incredibly!
    • Invulnerability: At a younger age, Jon had difficulty with his power of invulnerability. For example, he could withstand the dangers of fire, but still suffered from the easy cuts of scraping his knee or even getting a concussion. Now, however, Jon has mastered his ability of invulnerability and can now withstand all Human weapons and even blunt force trauma(i.e. bullets, knives, fire, punches dealt by the opponent, etc.)
    • Superhuman Strength: As a result of his Kryptonian lineage, Jon has immeasurable strength. To date, his highest recorded deadlift is 90 tons.
    • Flight: Jon's ability to defy Earth's gravity, and practically the laws of physics, is astonishing. But like all Kryptonians on Earth, he can fly at super-sonic speeds. His highest achieved speed is near Mach 6, or, 4,567 miles per hour.
    • Super Senses:
      • Superhuman Olfaction: A heightened and highly accurate sense of smell. Comparable to that of a dog.
      • X-Ray Vision: He can see through solid objects...pretty simple.
      • Heat Vision: An energy beam that comes from both his eyes, Jon is capable of vaporizing substances, and even singeing his father's skin.
      • Telescopic Vision: Jon is capable of seeing objects at far away distances. He was once able to see the Watchtower float in orbit, while he's standing on ground.
      • Microscopic Vision: Superboy can see things clearly, even at a cellular level.
      • Superhuman Hearing: Can hear far more sounds with far more detail and at far greater distances than normally humanly possible, including sounds on frequencies undetectable by humans such as dog whistles. Superman is able to mentally screen out most of these sounds to be able to function normally, even in a noisy environment, and can focus in on specific things, like a person's voice or heartbeat.
    • Superhuman Speed and Reflexes: Another one of Superboy's signature abilities is his superhuman speed, allowing him to move, react, run and fly faster than most. While running, Jon has reached speeds of up to Mach 3.5, or, 2,664 miles per hour.
    • Super Breath: Jon is able to project his voice at a high decibel level, which is strong enough to shatter all the windows in a home. He later developed the ability to project freezing cold gusts of ice cold wind and vicious winds in general.
    • Healing Factor: While under Earth's yellow sun, Jon has earned the power to regenerate damaged cells, heal wounds, and withstand Earthly diseases.
    • Mathematician: While he may not fit the description of your stereotypical mathematician, Jon is quite gifted at solving complex equations in a short amount of time.
Weaknesses:

Weapons: His fists...
Other gear: A communications device that he can easily take out, and put in, his ear

Hero appearance:

iC3Lfop9HuwabI3ngMMHVrq8jt1M_qShQrIep6FYKby8Dee5zCoSybDoEgzQajceCIqzZoG4IQcxeCcq3cXoJbpUHbM5rkbTmV7HM1hjS_c-r7Dt8GOR4MA4gU9_aWuGFWmIlej8

mrTwsJFODhRPN3SFHlJFlrmdJG3iFuwza_iTCA1KwAFy4zXtfdjI-W4zNPGvwkTXFCMvoVqhtSP031MM_w3d7giHyvqhZeumA6fQ9phUkrclX549TIR4o6fh8XZIZPZCxdZMcXDm

J9cbbm1qBlDW04lSr7fY0f2jNz2wq0iltIJf9ZU3aj3YdDKrIJUignY2tzE1JbhKkKN4OCifCol4qoDwqRJmTQzFK1yQojs6Diwfmrw3fbCSMH3GNo5w1-GKDrEtgJzKP42ojWW0
Civilian Appearance:
npSwiJNTCHnMC5ypTGQle_hVJLLDPdt3Q8V_5ROUXEHX5NWboPsoMhZZXioJUcOgcnCO_qnl-HXWsTcIOOXS5T_5QvctDzCggcrp5IY-eOS1GFLmBIDGJSpCucSyi6QZESI_vv-m

7RrYWHhred0uk3pXY6jLfR9OIt5sug7yGcxpzCaLdGV6QLxiM2K1MDniUQJBqvJZVmu8P5LbUblbo5BzGLgwREoEsujDkCn9raBDGfmQlSrA51YBNTJ2ak4inIwFMYD4W9zqv2BQ

SjRR5P9ZuXRui1rtRMBGbWZzAwp9urHfRaKHzEDWNb1Eh_fnEtO79X_IIxvBxsfz5VAj9sGcxm3aBrIPltkecK3_Rz2bGkic6-XgQcOYXLJ4fMMaBJWSrrdDGEBuqpMkkN5peXcq

Personality:

Origin story:

wip
Hero name: Lady Vixen
Civilian identity:Lexi McCabe
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Black
Nemesis (optional):

Powers:
  • Animal Mimicry
  • Alchemy-mostly for medicinal purposes.
Weaknesses:
  • Requires her totem to use her powers
  • Overuse of her powers she picked up more than just the abilities of the animals

Weapons: N/A
Other gear:Tantu Totem
lanseis-1pcs-gothic-punk-pesonality-viking-fox-hea-d-pendant-men-Necklace-Animal-font-b-talisman.jpg

Hero appearance (a picture works just fine if that's Your thing):
JS-x-TD-3-jack-sparrow-and-tia-dalma-3-10876361-450-300.jpg

500full.jpg

Technicaly though she is almost always in her "hero costume." Her civilian costume is how she lookes cleaned up.

Personality:
The first thing you would notice about Lexi is that she is eccentric to say the least, showing seemingly random animal like behavior. This can include: smelling people first before speaking to them, growling and trying to appear bigger when angry and becoming territorial with her space. Otherwise, she is seemingly always cheery with a playful mystic manner and she quick to help and protect those she cares for.

Origin story:

Hero name: Mephistopheles
Civilian identity: Paris Ryker Scarborough
Eye colour: Green - They Glow slightly in Total Darkness
Hair colour: White

Powers: As a Homo-Magi - he is capable of doing many kinds of magic, while his most prominent abilities are bound to his reverse speech. This does not make him omnipotent in the least, as doing this draws a great deal of focus, willpower and constitution. He can change simple things, often small changes within reality, that have limited and non-lasting consequences. If something has some semblance of permanence, it drains his energy and often breaks his focus on other spells. He uses a few magical items to substantiate his rather limited constitution.

Weaknesses: He is very weak physically, and tires rather quickly under strain. His powers can have him in sustained combat with a single opponent for a few minutes - but he will have to end the battle fast to secure a victory. If he is going up against more than one enemy, who has great physical strength and dexterity - then he would be at a massive disadvantage, and would most likely need to retreat.

Weapons and other Tools:

• Ring of Telekinesis - He can move things up to 1000 Kg, or more than one thing - dividing the max potential weight between each object being moved - so 2x500Kg, 3x333Kg etc.
  • Shoes of Hovering - He can float a few feet above the ground, and when falling will fall at normal speeds before coming to land softly.
  • Ring of Force - He can throw concussive bursts of force trice a day, which can send large beings or things back ten feet. The blasts can also be used to break open doors or be made to form a shield of force around him, allowing him a few moments to escape the situation.
Hero appearance (He does not wear a special suit for combat - his magic obscures his face during public situations - allowing him some sense of secrecy ):
Eric Scarborough.jpg

Personality: Paris is a calm, collected young man - who prefers to spend his time in books rather than in public. He is not unsociable in a rude sense, but rather a more dismissive sense. People tend to bore him unless they have something interesting to talk about. He does find himself being helpful - despite this, and will intervene when he finds that someone is in a troublesome situation. He likes to think of it as a mathematical problem that needs to be solved... if only to make it feel less awkward when he does something nice. He likes smart/witty humour, and despises people who take themselves too seriously. In his mind, the ego stains ones ability to learn and if one stops learning, one might as well die - for there is no worth to be found in a life left unexplored.

Origin story: Paris was born to a young woman in his namesake city on a beautiful spring day. While she did not know it, she was the far-off cousin of the famous hero and magic user Zatanna Zatarra. While she did not have the same magical powers as her distant family, she was a kind and passionate woman, who spent her time reading poetry and loving life. When she had her son, with her longtime boyfriend, they were both very happy with how their little life was developing. When he started using magic at an early age, they protected him from the public gaze. They spent what little funds they had to try and find any sort of teacher or guide for him, and when they finally did - with broken hearts - they let him go away with the old woman, who whisked young Paris into a life of magic and study.

Together they travelled through time and space - him learning magical history and secrets, while she would keep him safe from the darker and more dangerous aspects of whatever reality they found themselves in. When eventually he mastered his powers sufficiently, he left the old woman, promising her aid whenever she needed it - before leaving back to earth. When he arrived, he found a world much different from the one he left behind as a child. He found his parents, who had moved to a small Italian village - and while happy to see him, struggled to connect with the young man, that was so different from their little boy. Deciding it would be best to visit them only occasionally - and spare them the awkwardness and reminders - he left them once more, with promises to visit.

He moved over to America - where he settled in GOTHAM, bought himself a penthouse - which he filled with books and magical secrets. Here he spent his time studying - learning and mastering his craft - waiting for the day he might need to use his powers for more than academia.

Hero name: Mephistopheles
Civilian identity: Paris Ryker Scarborough
Eye colour: Green - They Glow slightly in Total Darkness
Hair colour: White

Powers: As a Homo-Magi - he is capable of doing many kinds of magic, while his most prominent abilities are bound to his reverse speech. This does not make him omnipotent in the least, as doing this draws a great deal of focus, willpower and constitution. He can change simple things, often small changes within reality, that have limited and non-lasting consequences. If something has some semblance of permanence, it drains his energy and often breaks his focus on other spells. He uses a few magical items to substantiate his rather limited constitution.

Weaknesses: He is very weak physically, and tires rather quickly under strain. His powers can have him in sustained combat with a single opponent for a few minutes - but he will have to end the battle fast to secure a victory. If he is going up against more than one enemy, who has great physical strength and dexterity - then he would be at a massive disadvantage, and would most likely need to retreat.

Weapons and other Tools:

• Ring of Telekinesis - He can move things up to 1000 Kg, or more than one thing - dividing the max potential weight between each object being moved - so 2x500Kg, 3x333Kg etc.
  • Shoes of Hovering - He can float a few feet above the ground, and when falling will fall at normal speeds before coming to land softly.
  • Ring of Force - He can throw concussive bursts of force trice a day, which can send large beings or things back ten feet. The blasts can also be used to break open doors or be made to form a shield of force around him, allowing him a few moments to escape the situation.
Hero appearance (He does not wear a special suit for combat - his magic obscures his face during public situations - allowing him some sense of secrecy ):
View attachment 354942

Personality: Paris is a calm, collected young man - who prefers to spend his time in books rather than in public. He is not unsociable in a rude sense, but rather a more dismissive sense. People tend to bore him unless they have something interesting to talk about. He does find himself being helpful - despite this, and will intervene when he finds that someone is in a troublesome situation. He likes to think of it as a mathematical problem that needs to be solved... if only to make it feel less awkward when he does something nice. He likes smart/witty humour, and despises people who take themselves too seriously. In his mind, the ego stains ones ability to learn and if one stops learning, one might as well die - for there is no worth to be found in a life left unexplored.

Origin story: Paris was born to a young woman in his namesake city on a beautiful spring day. While she did not know it, she was the far-off cousin of the famous hero and magic user Zatanna Zatarra. While she did not have the same magical powers as her distant family, she was a kind and passionate woman, who spent her time reading poetry and loving life. When she had her son, with her longtime boyfriend, they were both very happy with how their little life was developing. When he started using magic at an early age, they protected him from the public gaze. They spent what little funds they had to try and find any sort of teacher or guide for him, and when they finally did - with broken hearts - they let him go away with the old woman, who whisked young Paris into a life of magic and study.

Together they travelled through time and space - him learning magical history and secrets, while she would keep him safe from the darker and more dangerous aspects of whatever reality they found themselves in. When eventually he mastered his powers sufficiently, he left the old woman, promising her aid whenever she needed it - before leaving back to earth. When he arrived, he found a world much different from the one he left behind as a child. He found his parents, who had moved to a small Italian village - and while happy to see him, struggled to connect with the young man, that was so different from their little boy. Deciding it would be best to visit them only occasionally - and spare them the awkwardness and reminders - he left them once more, with promises to visit.

He moved over to America - where he settled in GOTHAM, bought himself a penthouse - which he filled with books and magical secrets. Here he spent his time studying - learning and mastering his craft - waiting for the day he might need to use his powers for more than academia.
Approved

Users who are viewing this thread

Back