• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy —INHERIT THE EARTH

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
— REACTION POST.
dae mec dae mec SoulHunter SoulHunter @sanduke persephonelied persephonelied

Unmoved by your posturing, Kavarian, for it mentioned honor and protection but said nothing of gold, the assassin merely scoffs, but his eyes glitter at Alistair's words.

"An item of incredible value, you say?" His head tilting in interest. "Something important to the guild? And you know where it is? How?"

His gaze turns distant, as if remembering something from the past.

"The Ish-Mabarak guard their treasures closely. How can someone like you know where they keep them?"

You guys have got Amir hook, line, and sinker it seems. But though the man is wavering, vague promises of an unnamed treasure would do no good to an astute eye.

"I need details. Now."

Gold and honor are laughably far from the realms of Perric's life up to this point; 70 gold is several times more than he and his mother made last year. He blinks the shock away and turns the sending stone over in his hands. It's the one thing he has that the others don't. Honor, the Goliath has in spades, but the half-orc seems to have an axe to grind with her. Money, the robed man has made headway on, but it's too tentative. As his pacing takes him further from the ongoing discussion, he taps the stone and mutters, "Is this thing on...?" It's still glowing faintly, so he brings it up to his lips.

"I don't know if you plan to help, or if anyone is even listening... but the other guards are out of earshot, and for gold and honor we can get inside help to escape. If anyone is going to speak up, now would be the time."

He feels silly talking to people he can't see, but it's worth a shot. If nothing comes of it, he'll try bluffing, but his blood froze when their captor drew his swords. There'd be little point bluffing their way to freedom only to fall to the bite of his blades. Still - their options are few.

Last edited:
"So that is the nature of your people's debt," she says, her voice low. Her dark eyes might not remind anyone embers now, but they can still glitter with understanding... and sharp amusement. "You need gold. And it would be quite apt to pay them with their own."

Sardis leans back against the wall, deep in thought. Planning isn't her specialty, but she can at least put clues together. Especially when it involves people and what they want.

"The fact that you're entertaining this at all means that the debt is probably large," she says. "And you need help. That's something I can provide. As you mentioned, I have a... history with the Lady and with places like these. I know how these operations work. Warehouses like these contain enough treasure to make it worth your while."

Sardis smiles. "Some of them are tiny pieces of artwork worth a thousand times their weight in gold. Other items are more valuable still. Just a gram of Dragon's Dust is enough to make a man wealthy for years... if they don't feed their pipe instead." She lifts her chin, gesturing to a crate. "If that box was filled with drag, then you could pay your debt and buy a kingdom, too."

She grasps a metal bar casually, testing its strength. "So what do you say? Shall we go hunting for treasure?"

— REACTION POST.
dae mec dae mec SoulHunter SoulHunter @sanduke

Amir stares at you, Sardis. He knows what you are, what you do - he's been sent after you, after all. You are, in his mind, an adept at liecraft, a criminal, a thief with barely any honor to speak of. Something glints in his eye, though, when you mention the treasure, the valuables, the gold, but it's not greed - instead, a sort of malicious interest.

He snorts. "Mine is not a debt that can be paid over with gold. Blood needs to be shed for what the Guild did to my people, see?" His uncovered eyes squint in a smile and he leans in slightly to meet your gaze. "You think a man of honor such as myself would be working myself like a dog for a vile bunch of snakes for gold?"

He snarls, low and quiet.

"It is so I can gain their trust and cut their throats one by one in the night to repay what they did to my kin."

His hand moves to the lock of your jail silently.

"But I must admit, taking some of their gold while I'm at it might be...ah, how do you say?

Satisfying."

And then with a huge metallic bang, Amir wretches the door open with inhuman strength, fully pulverizing the lock and chain, and pulls out his scimitars as the two guards whip their heads in your direction at the sound.

persephonelied persephonelied

Barely audible over the metallic screech of your cell door being forcefully pulled open, Perric, you hear the sending stone crackle to life, a curt, male voice cutting through the static.

"Apologies for the wait. We'll be sending units over to your location for retrieval. Stay alive until then."

What do you guys do?

Her patience is wearing thin. Not that she really had any to begin with. But the relentless back and forth without seeming to get anywhere, Amir's insistent talk of being honorable though he was working for less-than-honorable people, and his talk of wanting money yet not wanting money is really starting to grate on Kavarian. Talking is really not her strong suit. Challenging him to a duel is what she would have preferred. However, before she could bust the door open herself and start fighting, Amir finally makes his decision and the door is suddenly open before her with a loud clang.

"Are you always like this?" she asks the half-orc, unable to keep the impatience and annoyance from her voice.

Turning away, she notices his former friends' attention on them from over Amir's shoulder. Placing both hands back on the cell door Kavarian quickly jerks the it to the side and with another screech of metal, the door rests is now fully removed from the cell and in her hands. "Pardon," she mutters to Amir, brushing past him.

She stalks away from the cell directly towards the other two guards. Inside Kavarian, the constant rage that she kept boiled up like it usually did for a fight. It washed over her and settled in her muscles as she adjusted her grip on the door to be better suited for swinging. "I will give you one chance," she called out to the guards. "Surrender now, or die."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back