• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Indisposition [Modern~Fantasy][Always accepting]

SidTheSkid

♠ I am the one who posts. ♠
Roleplay Type(s)
Indisposition
Yus.jpg

Interest Check:
No matter what government lies were fed to them, the people who witnessed 'The Incident', a bomb that had not only managed to nearly wipe out an entire continent but affect the others as well, did not consider this act of evil 'necessary'. No matter what the government tried to hide, everyone could see the slow darkness that was wrapping around the whole nation of 'Terra' as they knew it. And no matter what the government tried to destroy, more evidence would come. There was no denying that their nation was crumbling before their very eyes. The Government was becoming no help despite their strict laws, and the one person with the power to help them all was even more suspicious and corrupt than the system they controlled. If One person couldn't even properly manage this nation, then it was impossible for one person to save it... That's why there's one group of people who might be the key to saving the nation from the inevitable, or at the very least, delay it.

[Theme: Modern Fantasy, Sandbox, Powers, Monsters, etc]
[Tagged: Solemn Jester Solemn Jester , Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs , TheHufflepuffRabbit TheHufflepuffRabbit , FTR FTR , Kisaki Kisaki , Mitchs98 Mitchs98 , Barbas Barbas , Other people that could be interested. ] [Dear God I hope this works.]
[v Tabs such as Vocabulary, Five Nations, and so forth will be updated as the RP goes on v]

• Summary:
    [Note this takes place in Modern day, firearms and other technological advances are present.]

Monsters! Rebellion, Corruption! Oh my, my! Indisposition involves a fantastical modern-day story of Empress Amai, a cruel ruthless empress of the five notable nations of Terra coming into power after the death of the former ruler, her mother after childbirth. Once reaching adult-hood she discovered her own lust for power and conquest, wishing to invade other nations she decided that creating a radioactive bomb would be the best solution to improve the arsenal of Terra’s vast military. However this resulted in a dire result which scorched a few sections of land uninhabitable and made radiation poisoning a common occurrence, turning an everyday man or woman into an absolute beast known as “The Blight” with others being less infected both of which gained powers from the incident! But because of fear and panic, Empress Amai used “The Unsound” as a scapegoat, blaming them for the accident and creating “Headsmen” a task force designed to capture and kill them to hopefully control the panic, but this end result created the Resistance now known as “The Unsound”.

The Beginning:
    Scriptures registering back from centuries long ago convey a time of harmony, where neighborly folk would relish in the present day next to their loved ones and where conciliation between each of the five nations flourished eventually uniting them all into a solitary administrative kingdom that worked towards advancement for the betterment of the everyday citizen! But alas like how the colorful leaves sprout from the many trees, the color would soon fade to a bleak once the frigid winter blew over. On a day cold as ice, a sky darkened with a crimson-hue as if Hell itself had froze over the many nations, a feminine figure seemingly arose from out of nowhere titled by the name of Amai whom was birthed from the former empress and on that very day legends have told that she had given life to not a beautiful baby girl but an absolute monster, a monster that would rip these lands from each other piece by piece and ravel in the idea of overwhelming power once given the title of the new Empress. Though this appellation did enact rather hastily once the former Matriarch had ultimately birthed the child, sadly dying in the process and leaving an orphaned baby alone to the new world ahead of her, slowly growing a corrupted seed as the days wisped away, at-last a new empress had risen to the throne. Empress Amai was seen to have limitless potential by the council, she truly was a woman of many talents! Beautiful, well-spoken, and most of all very determined! But something foul lurked in this determination. She became power-hungry, these five-nations?! They weren’t enough! It was never enough! She needed more but of course these other separate sovereign states wouldn’t just let her waltz in, no. She had to take what was ‘truly’ hers by force! Demanding those underneath her to construct a weapon of war, a destructive instrument that was remembered throughout that very decade, thus the experimental ‘dirty bomb’ was created. Countless testing and endless research and it was finally complete and readied to be tested in the uncharted territory of Lustrum a swampy marsh devoid of life aside from a few meaningless creatures, nothing but acceptable losses to the Empress, a blinding flash erupted, tearing the skies above and creating an ground-rumbling shockwave that trembled the footing of many. Success! Or at least that’s what the council believed until the radioactive fallout spread, consuming the nation of Lustrum in radioactive spots, soon spreading out of control to populated areas in different nations such as the windy tropics of Boreas and resulting in the beginning of The Blight incident, people from all origins infected by the radiation begun succumbing to the aftermath and a few others facing a fate far worse than death, transforming into… Monsters.

Which were known as “The Blighted” these awful creatures were stricken with insanity and looked deformed, combinations of animals but mutated beyond belief, not only this but they had horrifying powers, humans were once top of the food chain but now they had became the hunted. Unbeknownst to most, not all had become Blights there were those that had gained immunities, strengths from this radiation.. Even abilities that were thought to be imaginary! That of fairy tales! Children and the elderly were often not fortunate enough to have this, as they were usually the ones who died first during the incident.

The Rebellion / Extermination:
    As days passed, Blight attacks became frequent throughout the five nations becoming an epidemic with others trying to combat these foul creatures and the others fearing for their lives. Government officials were powerless to do anything but survey under Empress Amai’s rule, producing propaganda as well as pretending to help except all of this was a ruse.. Eventually it came to the point where the populace became suspicious of the help they so desperately required, coming up with a plan, The Empress pointed a finger at those she had plagued and falsely accusing these innocents of creating this disastrous event with Amai using retaliation as a means to combat them, forming what was known as “The Headsmen” an elite group of militants specifically directed to eliminate or capture “The Blighted”. However those that were meagerly infected with radiation also became a target which gave them no choice but to bound together, forming a resistance known as “The Unsound” who to this very day fight against “The Headsmen” hoping to regain freedom and take down the corrupt Empress, hopefully putting an end to her cruel reign of terror.

Indisposition [Modern~Fantasy][Always accepting] [Roleplay][In-character]
Indisposition [Character Sheets]
Indisposition [OOC Chat]
Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers [RP Discord invite]

Last edited:
heya! im interested.
Yay :3 I'll probably get like 4 or so people to get the ball rolling here! I know for a fact that 2-3 people are guaranteed to join.
I'll create an IC, OOC, Character sheet page once we're ready to roll!

So these headsmen will have special powers correct?
Headsmen can have special powers, there have been people who have been infected by the radiation but deliberately give themselves to the government.
Sometimes out of fear, Empress utilizes them as weapons to attack the resistance. Although they could've been captured and been brain-washed to do so
or were formerly normal Headsmen and outed themselves for experimentation, giving them powers later on. {Many, many examples}

Yes they can have powers but they don't need to have powers.
It's up to you :p

Is there a character sheet?
Ah, yes I removed it for right now until we get enough people, i'm planning on adding the character sheet once we get enough people.
:)
Kisaki Kisaki I MISSED YOU! THANK YA

Hrm, four people including three people that should be joining!
Perfect still accepting of course but i'll add the character sheet thread, IC, and OOC and link it!

Ah yes, are we stuck with strictly modern technology, or will there be access to more advanced technology? Or will the Headsmen have more advanced technologies while the resistance is stuck with modern technology?

Ah yes, are we stuck with strictly modern technology, or will there be access to more advanced technology? Or will the Headsmen have more advanced technologies while the resistance is stuck with modern technology?

Well I mean, concerning that this is a fantasy concept there wouldn't be an issue with having advanced technology, I mentioned it being modern due it being set in the modern-day era.
There is no issues with having there be someone with advanced technology however you'd have to explain where it came from considering the fact that it makes the other equipment look predated.
Nothing to ridiculous though like a Black-hole generator or something crazy like that.

Well I mean, concerning that this is a fantasy concept there wouldn't be an issue with having advanced technology, I mentioned it being modern due it being set in the modern-day era.
There is no issues with having there be someone with advanced technology however you'd have to explain where it came from considering the fact that it makes the other equipment look predated.
Nothing to ridiculous though like a Black-hole generator or something crazy like that.
Awesome, thanks for the clarification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back