• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Inconsistency: When Planes Collide [IC]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

duegxybus

Ten Thousand Club

Inconsistency
Lore!

InstantNav Links
In-Character
Out of Character
Character Sheets
Lore & Info

Vrayelle: DISTRICT 1 (Interaction Spot) - Lemodine Coffee Shop & Local Alleyways

The distinct smell of coffee store aroma flooded through the building. It wasn't the smell from real coffee. A few cups wouldn't fill the entire store with such a strong fragrance. The store wasn't above using scented candles that smelled like their coffee. The shop wasn't very populated for a cozy Saturday morning. The sun shone brightly, gracing all with its warming presence. Rays of light trickled into the coffee store, giving it an orange glow.

Saturday. Mid-June, 2018. Students were on summer vacation and ruining their lives, while cheap mothers attempted to get their hands on special "Summer Deals." Certain people, at least, the Folded, were recovering themselves from the initial shock of having their abilities doubled that took place a week ago. A "power" outage, followed by the Article's strange movement and a sharp increase in ability strength. Well, recovering would be about a third of the Folded. The other two-thirds were enjoying their newfound power, depending more on their abilities than ever before to get things done.

Most were surprisingly calm about this whole ordeal. Nobody foresaw any danger. It was almost eerie how the average citizen didn't react to a 7-thousand-meter tall being moving downward. It stemmed from guessing it wasn't alive to begin with. It didn't feel, it didn't breathe, it didn't do anything until now. But why would it move at all? Certain people were definitely curious. And with good reason too. The nearby alleyways in District 1 housed the homeless, and the homeless frequently talked amongst themselves about what was going on. Vrayelle, as a city, took days, even weeks, to process any complaints or concerns. Those without proper homes had to contend themselves with making up theories about the thing.

And nobody knows if they are right.

Vrayelle: DISTRICT 7 (Interaction Spot) - Hamfield Park
Laughing children.

They filled the park almost as soon as the sun came up. They beckoned their parents to bring them to the largest park in all of Vrayelle. Hamfield Park had three playgrounds, a large open field, and a long winding trail that took passerby through neatly planted trees. The size of the park made Vrayelle a ring. Nature in the center. Then a city around the nature. And finally, more nature outside the city.

The park was impressive, though it was far from immersive. The constant sounds of traffic in the background reminded the park-goers that they were, in fact, still in a city. Even those who got used to the sounds could always see the large buildings on all sides of the park. No matter how small they appeared, they were still there. The park did have the advantage of one of the best views of the Article. If anyone looked to the East, they would see it in all its glory. Shimmering, tiled in blue-grey-pink plates, and almost incomprehensible to those who'd be seeing it for the first time. The figure of a 7 kilometer tall human woman with no hair, eyes that sat slightly lower than they would on a real human, and none of the intricacies of muscles that would be on a human body. Yet nobody paid any mind to it, except for those who had nothing else to do but observe it.

It never made any noise, even as it moved a week ago. The only thing that mattered would be its effects on the world.

Vrayelle: DISTRICT 15 (Interaction Spot) - All of District 15

Standing farthest from the Article were all the buildings in District 15. It was far from the quietest part of the city, as people could mind their business all the same. In this part of the city, some Folded discovered their powers doubling before they saw the Article's movement on the news.

This part of the city had its own problems.

Cat burglars, vandalism, and mugging were all common in the spaces between buildings. With the population of Folded, crimes were further complicated and very messy to handle. Everyone was just looking out for themselves and looking out for those near them.

This RP is ALWAYS accepting of new members! Feel free to create your own scenarios, plots, etc; and if you ever need assistance with them, just hit me up!

Discord: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

• prakoso-small-jpg.433432

Prakoso Wiraksa
    7th District: Street ==> Hamfield Park
    Taking a call, Looking for someone
    Interaction
    :
    Mention: Lappi Lappi
    A bright day. The sun was shining and the birds were singing... in the park. When they sang over the busy street, no one could hear them, let alone took pleasure from their song. Pra jumped off a bus and started to walk slowly to his destination. His unpleasant scowl and sharp eyes made passerby averted their eyes from him. He couldn't careless. They could think of him as a barbarian or a gangster for all he care about, as long as no one put their thought into words, which would be when he give them a punch on their face.

If it was under a different circumstance, he wouldn't bother to go where he planned to. The Article changed that. The increase in power was nice and all, but somewhere deep down it made him uneasy. Nothing is without a price. And since discreet was not in the Juvenile's dictionary, he had to go out of his way and called an outside help.

He soon arrived at his destination: Hamfield Park. God, the name was almost as awful as his Juvenile's taste in name. Still scowling to drive people away from him, Pra sat on one of the benches in the park and spread his legs. A mother with two boys glared daggers at him when she saw him. As if he care. He was staring straight at the Article, the source of his problem as of then, when his phone rang. He looked at the caller's name.

Aaaditya.

He clicked his tongue in annoyance. He couldn't pick a worse time to call, couldn't he? He answered the call.

"What?"

"Uh... is this a bad time to call?" Good guess, Sherlock. What gave it away? The curt reply or the annoyed tone? He paused for a while. The other party wouldn't come until a bit later.

"You already called. make it quick."

"Right, right. Pra, the Hamfield Park is nearby, right? Can you take a photo of Article from there and send it to me? I kinda need it." Oh right. Aditya was a photographer. Honestly it was difficult for him to think of his little brother doing anything other than school work. Even when he visited him two weeks ago, first thing he ask was about his school.

"Yeah, sure. I'll send it later today."

"Thanks, Pra! Sorry for calling so suddenly. Oh, father asked about you. He wanted to-"

Pra closed the call. If the old man wanted to tell him something he better call him directly. He glanced at the clock on his phone. It was almost time. Oh right, Aditya wanted a picture of the article. He raised his phone over his head, turning on its camera function. The Article came into focus. A large blue woman that hovered in the sky. How the fuck people didn't think its creepy?

"Smile for the camera, Girlie."

IAN ROKER - DISTRICT 1

A brief shower, a change of clothes, and Ian was left feeling fresh again. With another half hour left in his shift, it would simply not do for him to walk into the dining hall covered in champagne. The half hour was surprisingly fast, even if the adrenaline had long since worn off. While the main hall of The Grand was luxurious as can be, the inside of the main office work space was much more mundane. Off-white walls, a concrete floor, and simple desks were all that Ian found necessary. After all, only a select few employees actually spent a good amount of time in the office. His eyes were narrow as he looked towards his floor-manager, one of the few employees he trusted to run the place when he was gone.

"Make sure that Amy gets a bonus for today. Nothing kills moral like getting felt up for nothing. And don't forget to keep an eye on Captain Grab-Ass out there; he might try to pull a runner when he sees the bill he's about to rack up."

"Already taken care of, Sir. Amy will find a suitable bonus in her check for the week, and the patron's card is already in our possession."

"Good work. I'm heading out, don't set the place on fire while I'm gone."

"Of course Sir," the worker said as he bowed, "have a pleasant day."

Once again, Ian found himself on the streets. Tucking his bow tie into his back pocket, he allowed the top button of his tuxedo to hang open as he finally caught his breath for the day. With a few flicks of a lighter, his cigarette began to glow red with hot embers as the nicotine-filled smoke flooded his lungs. The back entrance to The Grand lead directly into a rather unpleasant looking alleyway filled with trash and assorted fluids from various dumpsters and vagrants. However, the squalor of the alleyways was exactly what Ian needed today.

Finding his way to one of the usual spots, he glanced at whatever members of the homeless community he could find. Pulling out his wallet, he produced a neatly folded $50 bill. "Yo. $50 for the first person to tell me something useful about The Article. I don't want any pointless rumors either; either gimme something good, or go out and find it." Ever since the giant woman in the sky made her move, Ian's body has felt enriched with power. He had never been weak in the past, especially with an ability as destructive as his, but this was something more. Each breath he took felt as if the air were gaseous ambrosia of the gods. While he welcomed the heightened strength with open arms, the possibility for excitement was too much to resist. The manager of The Grand was never one to shirk away from any hint of excitement. Indeed, if curiosity killed the cat, Ian would have surely spent at least double his allotted nine lives by now.

[ D duegxybus Noivian Noivian ]

Last edited:

Nova
Status | Fine
Location | District 1 Alleyways
With | Ian
Tags | Have You Ever Tasted Sand Have You Ever Tasted Sand

(Scroll)

"You're wasting your time," came Nova's response. She leaned against a wall covered in graffiti denoting the presence of a local gang. While a few homeless did loudly blather something about the Article's supposed mate, a quick glare from the teal-haired girl shut them right up. "Half of them are on something, and the other half weren't mentally there to begin with. If you want facts, don't ask the rumor mill."

Shrugging, she turned her glare off the overly-dressed man and back to the alley entrance. "The only thing we have solid proof of is that the Article moved, supposedly on its own. And blackouts followed. I've had enough run-in's with Folded's to know that all of them had some kind of power boost happen to them on the same day." Holding out her hand nonchalantly, Nova beckoned for the fifty bucks.

"You're wasting your time," came Nova's response. She leaned against a wall covered in graffiti denoting the presence of a local gang. While a few homeless did loudly blather something about the Article's supposed mate, a quick glare from the teal-haired girl shut them right up. "Half of them are on something, and the other half weren't mentally there to begin with. If you want facts, don't ask the rumor mill."

Shrugging, she turned her glare off the overly-dressed man and back to the alley entrance. "The only thing we have solid proof of is that the Article moved, supposedly on its own. And blackouts followed. I've had enough run-in's with Folded's to know that all of them had some kind of power boost happen to them on the same day." Holding out her hand nonchalantly, Nova beckoned for the fifty bucks.

Jordan Weaver
7th District - Hamfield Park

78d7c9801a2c0b64d5b70dd87814e6f4.jpg

June. Jogging in the park. It's so hot out. Have to remember. To stop at the supermarket. Oh! Wave at the people. They don't need to know. That you're literally dying. God. I'm out of shape. Phew. Keep breathing, Jor. That's the key. Breathe. Huff, huff. Okay. Okay. That's enough. There's a fountain up ahead. Kinda gross. But it's okay, right? Just. So. Thirsty.
Jordan stops and stoops over to gulp down a few mouthfuls of cool, city water. Though apprehensive about it, the distinct lack of a metallic after-taste sets her mind a little at ease. When she drinks her fill, Jordan hobbles onto the grass to stretch out her sore and protesting muscles. Thinking back, the day had started off as normal as could be, all things considered. Mindy had ditched their run, like always. Normal. She's probably flirting with that cute barista at the coffee shop over on 5th by now. Jordan thinks she might join her there, after she washes up of course.

As she stretches, Jordan accidentally casts a fleeting glance skyward. There it is. The Article. Jordan thinks to herself that the name doesn't quite suit the massive, celestial body overhead. She wonders who was responsible for naming it. Her? Her WGS professor would probably be ashamed of her for misgendering the giant in the sky, but... She'd already passed that class and fulfilled her liberal learning requirement last semester, so who's laughing now, Dr. Nelson?

Jordan wiggles her fingers in vague patterns around her head, untying and retying her hair up in a ponytail. It's too hot to let it down. Especially after the sweat she'd worked up on that run. Speaking of which, Jordan discretely sniffs at her underarm, recoiling in mild disgust. Thinking that she is in desperate need of a shower, Jordan straightens up and starts the slow walk home, passing a man on a cell-phone on a bench in the park. Everyone is out enjoying their day!
tags: Damafaud Damafaud

5d61df6c0da01e5f90fea28c367d7e0c.jpg

Ember Gold
Amelia Lockheart
District 7

Location(s):
Apartment/Hamfield Park

The feeling of absoulte death is the one thing that finally wakes her up. Her head pounds as she sees a small pool of lava starting to melt her bed. Her eyes widened as she frantically put the hazard out. Although, this made the headache worse. She felt utterly sick. Probably because she's locked herself in her home the moment of the outage and hasn't wished to leave since. Things like this were happening too much. It would appear, she somehow threw up magma from her mouth as she slept. Which gave her a freight obviously. She hated to not be able to control the constant flow. Control is what kept her out of prison or worse for Folded. Control is what helped her in fights.

Her mind had drifted away while sulking next to the burned part of her bed. Until, her phone rang. Amelia flinched and her glazed eyes looked directly at the screen flashing the number she knew too well. Should I answer? She hasn't even tried to contact me since the outage. No calls until now. She's so fake sometimes. She thought bitterly as she grabbed the phone. She answered and slowly brought the device to her face, as if she'll burn it with just the pads of her fingers. "Hello?"

"Ember," Faraday's voice alone seemed to slow Amelia's breathing significantly. "There's a problem."

Amelia's breathing quickly went south. "What? What's the problem?"

"I can't explain on the phone. But, it's not too massive... Not yet anyways."

"Not yet?" Amelia's tone raised in pitch immediately. "What do you mean by 'not yet'?"

"Just meet me in Hamfield Park."

Amelia's stomach churned immediately and her eyes glanced at the burned stain. "Uh, no."

"No? Why no?"

"I-Well, you know about the outage right?" Faraday went silent on the other line so Amelia continued. "I have a melting problem. Magma keeps on coming without me controlling it. It's not too bad, but grass and fire never seemed to work together in my book."

Now, Faraday responded with a groan. "It's the only place we can talk. Just meet me there."

Amelia went to open her mouth, but saw Faraday had hung up before she could. She rolled her eyes and let out a sigh. "Alright. I think I can do this."

I don't think I can do this. She thought on the bus ride to the park. She awkwardly held a large gallon of water against her body as the bus bumped around on the road. She constantly checked herself to see if she was going to burn the people squished next to her or the seat or the bus itself. As if a gallon of water would help. She took small sips of it however. Which helped a little.

When the bus dropped her off she walked straight into the park and glanced around widely for Faraday. She had went around and asked if anyone saw a tattooed mess of a human being, but they shook her head to her despair. Eventually she found calling and texting wouldn't work so she stood under the tree. Her eyes staring at children and people working out. Her eyes fell on a man with a cell phone, her anxiety throwing in a possibility of him being the problem. Although, she didn't know for sure. Actually, that was an absurd thought in reality. When her eyes casted up slightly from him, she saw the Article in the sky. This made her shrink further into the shade of the tree. She hated that thing. She couldn't even take a glance at it now. Her eyes then fell to a girl who looked like she needed water.

Maybe I should offer some of— Her eyes casted down to her gallon bottle as she took in a sharp intake of breath. It was boiling. When she heard one child scream while staring at her, she looked down to her feet to see a small fire at started around her. She saw magma dripping down from her fingers and catching fire to the grass. Which more people took notice of. But, Amelia, being quick to act dumped half of her water instantly on her arm and the grass under her. Instantly putting the flames out since there wasn't too much luckily. Amelia now felt as out of breath as the other girl from that quick adrenaline rush. She wanted to run from that spot now. She hated that child's scream. She hated Faraday for bringing her out here. She hated all of this.

Nevertheless, her curiosity had won out her hate.

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Damafaud Damafaud D duegxybus

Last edited:
[class=fyuri11wrapper] max-width:400px; height:500px; margin:auto; [/class] [class=fyuri11imagebox] width:100%; height:500px; background:url('https://i.imgur.com/NEoupu5.png') no-repeat; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlayparent] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; max-width:400px; height:500px; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlay] display: flex; width:200px; height:200px; margin:auto; background-color:rgba(0,0,0, 0.8); color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11header] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; flex-flow: column nowrap; text-align:center; width:100%; font-family: 'Sigmar One', Impact; font-size:30px; color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11parent] opacity:0.0; position:relative; margin-top:-500px; width:100%; height:500px; background:#000; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=fyuri11parent state=hover] opacity:1.0; width:calc(100% - 20px); height:480px; background:rgba(218,20,69, 0.8); padding:10px; [/class] [class=fyuri11content] width:calc (100% - 20px); height:460px; background-color:#fff; overflow:auto; padding:10px; text-align:justify; color:#313131; [/class] [class=fyuri11credit] max-width:400px; margin:auto; opacity:0.3; font-size:10px; [/class]
[div class=fyuri11wrapper][div class=fyuri11imagebox][div class=fyuri11overlayparent][div class=fyuri11overlay][div class=fyuri11header]Benjamin Cromwell
-Interactions: Prakoso Wirakasa -
-Tags: D duegxybus Moonshadow Moonshadow Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Damafaud Damafaud -
[/div]

[/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11parent][div class=fyuri11content] The scene opens inside of a morgue, two pathologists walk toward a recently added submitted body to the facility. The younger one begins to explain the circumstances of the death. "The body was found in front of a burning building, the reason being an apparent attack on the local trafficking ring. We found it filled with bullet shots and with a mutilated face.". By the time he was finished with the diagnosis, they were standing in front of the body. The older one opens the bag to reveal a man with black hair, chiseled chin sporting the Shaggy stubble. The older pathologist takes out the cigarette from his mouth in order to give his observation

"Man the guy at the site must've been pissed out drunk, this guy almost looks aliv-" His speech interrupted by the carcass suddenly rising and groaning while rubbing his temples like he just woke up from a hangover. He stays like that for a few seconds and then realizes where his situation, which makes him whine in annoyance. He then gets out of the body bag, taking the cigarette from the shook and confused pathologist as he left.

That's how Benjamin found himself staring blankly at the Article smoking on a soggy, half-finished cigarette wearing a suit reminiscent of Fugo's outfit from Jojo, except not pink and bullet size holes. "Shit, now I feel bad because part 5 isn't out yet..." he thought to himself. He slowly lifts his head to see someone who seemed to be Prakoso Wirakasa, a decently popular gang boss taking a picture of the article. A devious smile appears on his face as he jolts from the bench and approaches him by tapping him on a shoulder.

"Hello Mr. Wirakasa, please ignore my appearance but would you like to talk?".

[/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11credit]code/design by Fable Fable [/div]

Damian Lee
[open for interactions]​

Damian winced as he sat down onto one of the wooden chair within the shop, rubbing his back. Ever since the blackout, followed by the sudden increase in power for all the Folded, he had been putting in extra effort towards his training. The increase in power was so unexpected, in fact, that he ended up falling several feet and landing flat on his back the other day, when he was attempting a rather complicated maneuver. Despite the soreness in his back, though, he was still unbelievably excited.

Before the blackout, he felt as if he had reached a plateau in terms of his power, being unable to progress any further. However, now, it almost seemed as if the limit for his potential was no longer there. It was as if the heavy blanket that was previously smothering him and weighing him down had suddenly been lifted, causing him to feel rather light-spirited and cheerful. Smiling and lost in his own thoughts, his unfocused gaze wandered around absently before his attention turned towards the window.

Bright rays of sunshine spilled through, basking him in warmth. Squinting slightly, he searched the sky momentarily before eyes rested upon the massive being that seemed to hang up above. The Article. Even after so long, he still revered the being. As far as he understood, it was the origin of his powers, and for that alone he was forever grateful.

Shaking his head slightly, he pulled himself away from his thoughts and back to the store. Rising up from his seat, he headed towards the counter, deciding that a cold, refreshing drink was long overdue. As he approached the counter, he noticed that the coffee shop was surprisingly empty. This particular store was somewhere Damian frequently stopped by, and usually it was bustling with people. At this point, his other senses caught on and he realized that the usual chatter and commotion with the store was absent as well, though the sharp fragrance of coffee still remained.

It was such a small thing to take into account, but it contributed nevertheless to the growing heap of suspicion Damian had towards the city. The blackout, the sudden increase in power of the Folded, and the movement of the Article... Damian wasn't sure what was going to happen, but he knew that things weren't going to remain the same.

William Hayes
Current District/Location: 1/Outside the Lemodine Coffee Shop
Task: Researching the Article
Mood: Neutral
Arthur: Summoned (6 ft. Tall)
30 minutes.

Before the Blackout, this was how long Will could keep Arthur summoned before it started to feel taxing. Back then, the golem could only be 6 feet tall. Now, Will has more control over its height, though he can't make it smaller than 6 feet. After learning this fact, he decided to test out whether the duration of his summon has also increased. He glanced at his watch again for confirmation.

30 minutes.

"It seems my theory was right, Arthur," he said. "Normally I feel exhausted by now." A good detective knows his limits, so Will was ready to exhaust himself just this once to learn about how long he could handle it, even though it typically varies slightly. There was no telling how long it would take, though, so he was using this time to try finding new information about the Article. With an encyclopedia in hand, Will set foot into the peaceful shop.

Will noticed two others already in the shop: A nervous man on a phone call and another just ordering a beverage. He passed the book to Arthur. "Set this on one of the tables for me," he said as the golem stomped off. A nice cup of coffee seemed like just the thing he needed to really focus on his research. He doubted there would be much to learn from any entries on the Article, but it never hurt to try. He'd still enjoy a drink either way.

As he waited for his turn to order, Will casually looked back to see exactly which table Arthur picked, but saw his golem about to sit down on one of the chairs. "Arthur, wai-" He said, rushing over. But he was too late. The chair instantly snapped under Arthur's heavy weight and he fell rigidly onto the floor. He stood back up, bellowing, "SORRY" as Will face-palmed. He still had to get used to Arthur having more free will but the same lack of common sense.

William Hayes
Current Location: Inside the Lemodine Coffee Shop
Mood: Embarrassed
Arthur: Summoned (6 Ft. Tall)
Referenced but not spoken to: SodaToast SodaToast , Damafaud Damafaud (Aditya)​

Last edited:
Helia Porter
Hamfield Park - Morning Small Phoenix FC.jpg
Helia woke up minutes ago, inside of her spacious apartment. Of course the felt trapped in there, ever since the incident she hasn't been allowed to perform. Though it was a new day, she immediately went to her computer in her apartment and checked her emails. Which mostly included updates on her case. So far they had nothing solid against her, which was good.

With that she needed to get out of the house, there was nothing for her to do there and if she spent one more hour training she would go insane. She got dressed in a casual attire that consisted of a black top and a appropriately sized black skirt with white hems . With some golden earning studs in both ears and red heeled shoes. a overall great outfit to wear out in public. With that she walked out the door after grabbing her apartment keys and putting them into a pocket in the dress's interior she walked out the door. Deciding while making her way out of the apartment to go to the park. After all, it was a nice day out and sometimes you have to smell the roses.

A short walk later Helia found herself in the expansive park and people always were here. Some people just watched the article, some people came to play, and most just wanted to chill in a park. It's a good park for all of those things. Helia walked into the park and looked around for a good park bench, she found most of them were claimed by strangers and she was not in the mood for strangers. Someone caused a kid to scream, which she paid little attention to. Then someone walked past her who seemed to be a runner who she didn't recognize. So she continued searching till eventually she saw a bench with one person that she recognized. A that called himself 'Pra'. She knew him for a multitude of reasons. Mostly because she had her 2 guns that she wasn't quite at the age to supposed to have but eh- better than being a victim. She approached Pra and saw him taking a picture of the article, then a figure that she did not recognize. She still felt the need to talk, so she got closer. She was maybe 15 meters away, Without a care in the world she piped up, hoping he would react well to her presence.

"Hey Pra! Nice seeing you here! Didn't know you were into photography"

She gave him a little call out before sitting next to him on the bench, crossing her legs and looking in the direction of the article. She always found it a little strange, it was just. . . there. She waited till he was done taking the pictures and continued what she was saying. She got closer and saw the man that was talking to Pra had multiple bullet holes in him. . . or in his clothes. It seemed like he was missing the blood that usually accompanied it.

"So how are you both doing? It looks like one of you had a 'interesting' day already"

She gestured to the multiple bullet holes in Ben's clothes. She waited for them patiently to respond to the first question then asked them another question.
"Anyways! What is your name?" She gestured to Ben with her body language and looked him up and down. "I know Pra here but not you"

V Interactions/Mentions VInteractions: Damafaud Damafaud
Mentions: Moonshadow Moonshadow Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Last edited:
Morgaine Pendry
Morgaine had a lot on her plate. A lot a lot. Not literally of course, most of the things were in tubes petri-dishes and sample trays. Most of those were back in the lab as there, for once, wasn't anything to do there. Plenty to do outdoors though. The Article begat observation of course she still couldn't get a whiff of its chemical composition, which she could only guess was because her power came from it. That of course had a whole slew of meta-physical ramifications she didn't like to think about. The article had to be physical in some way and dammit if she could scrape off some of them to test. Her only recourse was to just use a sensor box close to the article to catch any odd particles that fell from the article. Nothing yet but she could be patient. Well that was a lie. She could pretend to be patient as she sat in a damn park until her centrifuge finished separating her blood samples. Now she was just sitting in said damn park with an absolutely trashy sci-fi romance with its cover folded back so no one could see it. It was about some very... lurid... themes that she was in no way ashamed of. Her reading was interrupted during a very florid scene when the amount of carbon in the premises spiked.
She shut the book instantly and saw a (really pretty but that was irrelevant) tattooed woman a few meters away, with what appeared to be a cooling ring of lava around her. Instantly interested Morgaine put on her phlebtonium (Scientific term for she doesn't know) based gloves on and scuttled over, pulling out her most heat resistant sample tube out. Skidding to a halt to the side of the woman the scientest quickly scooped up the lava near burning herself to do it. No wait, there was a burn on her arm now.
"Shit...ow...damn," She swore as she wiggled the test tube happily. She couldn't determine its composition so... "Ooh, what a fascinating power she cooed, "oh uh, can I keep this?" She said remembering her manners, "Sample consent laws and all that. Feels viscous, do you know what material its based on? From the heat and motion I'd guess a more felsic material."
Moonshadow Moonshadow

District 1's Resident Gritters
District 1 - Alleyways around Lemodine Coffee Shop
[Various Slum Gang Members Homeless: "Coal-Gate", "Aleso", & "Jim-Bo"]

As the man approached them with fifty dollars, two of the homeless stood up. The hobo that couldn't stand up immediately began to talk, saying something incomprehensible. Even from the distance the man maintained, the disease and grime oozing from the sitting gritter could be felt in every hastily-spoken word. "Hshh...giv...the Article splilled some shisht the other day, SHHH!! Sh' did this shto me!"

Smack!

One of the standing men delivered a blow to the blubbering elder's head. "Ignore Jim-bo here, he's just eyein' your fifty bucks. Well, that's not to say I ain't. I could go for them." He grinned a near-toothless grin. His speech was impressive for a man without many teeth, possibly from the years of experience. He was about half a head taller than the man with the fifty dollars, yet definitely thinner. Shaggy brown hair covered his eyes, and thick dirty stubble filled up most of his face. "Aleso. Show him your shit."

The one known as "Aleso" stepped forth. Before Aleso could do anything, a teal-haired girl showed up and spoke up about the Article, then expected the fifty bucks. Aleso, the crippled Jim-bo, and the supposed leader of them gave a collective groan as the girl practically sniped the money from them. The supposed leader hobbled over to a dumpster and pulled out two cardboard signs.

"You can give that your fifty bucks, if you're lookin' to tap that. Or you can stay here and get some legit info, not stuff that e'erybody knows." The toothless man pushed one of the signs against "Aleso", and tossed the other one at Jim-bo's face. The cripple didn't do so much as recoil as the cardboard struck him in the face. Instead, Aleso flinched and grabbed the nape of his neck, hissing loudly.

"Ya see Aleso here? He's got somethin' we call Touch-Me-Not. We dun know what the fuck it does, but he flinch e'ery time someone gets hit. Stick around with us, and Aleso's the only one gettin' hurt." The nearly-toothless man lifted his hand to signal for the 50 bucks. "Ten bucks, and 'chya get Aleso for thirty mins. He's gon' tell you all about his Folded experience. How it's like to hurt. HECHACHECH." The toothless gritter let out a strange, cackling-coughing laugh. "Aleso, ya talk right?"

The Folded man nodded. Aleso had the least damaged body out of the three, save for his neck. Around the backside of his neck, creeping toward the front, was a deep purple bruise. His lanky frame could barely support his abnormally large head, which wobbled and bobbled with every movement. He couldn't seem to turn his head either left or right. Neck damage and hair loss were his most significant problems. With a peachy smile, Aleso extended his hand and lowered his head.

The toothless man spoke from behind him. "Go on. Give Aleso just ten bucks, and he'll tell ya' everything. Both of you, if y'all are together. YAO! JIM-BAO!"
"Yesh?! I'm awashke, COAL." Jim-bo sputtered, his mouth dripping with weirdly opaque saliva.
"Think Aleso can connect to 'em? He says it don't work on certain guys."
"If I knew I'dsh fucking ergblrhfp." Jim-bo's eyes rolled back into his head, and he doubled over, foam dripping from his mouth. As he fell over, a paper bag fell out from behind where he was sitting. It didn't take a genius to figure out what was in that bag.

Interaction: Have You Ever Tasted Sand Have You Ever Tasted Sand Noivian Noivian
Mentions: N/A

[I'll control these NPCs for now ^^]

Anguished-one-.jpg

/Lendo W. Pierre <Landoe Malchizedes>/
/District 15 <Unknown Warehouse>/
/Currently <Abducted>/

Black, nothingness, not a single shade of color. He could only hear echoing chatters, trying to open his eyes but it seems it's covered by a blindfold, his arms binded to what seems like a wooden chair including his legs, he opened his pale unrestrained lips.

2.jpg
"I got abducted it seems" he muttered.

Lendo didn't struggle neither did he cry for help because he didn't need one. A man forcefully removed his blindfold, wishing that he could be a bit gentle, he can finally see, blinded by the light of a single and lone lightbulb hanging from the ceiling, multiple boxes and crates, a warehouse. What a grand way to kidnap someone, the only individuals he sees is his client in front of him who doesn't seem to be happy, his client's right-hand man who removed his blindfold earlier, and lastly five gunmen behind him.

3.jpg
"This wasn't part of the deal..." Lendo unpleasantly said to his kidnapping client.

This wasn't the first time this happened to him, but it has gone too far, Lendo's prices for his firearms were very expensive but reliable and his client wasn't happy about the costs. "Spit it out! Where did you get them!?" Lendo sighed, he got the gist of it, they wanted the weapons from his dead body, the fact that they didn't know about Lendo's ability is what made him chuckle.

"I see how it is" there is not a single room for negotiation, they will kill him regardless of the choice he makes, then in a flash, one of the five gunmen behind him fell with a hole carved in his head,

1.jpg
Lendo smirked and taunt his hostile client with a confident look "Unfortunately, one of my sniper has been tracking you down" the four gunmen bites the dust sharing the same fate as the first, the goon's boss was in a state of panic and his right-hand man hide behind two crates for cover...silence, no one moved a muscle and Lendo is left unguarded, the silence broke till a silent bullet penetrates through a straight line ending the bodyguards' job and also their life. What's left is a red and black bullet rolling beside the now dead bodyguard. The boss tried to run away only to meet his finale by a red and black sword from above launched at a high-speed.

3-jpg.442307

"I honestly can't believe they really were convinced of that 'sniper' thing" he uttered in disbelief, it was a trick to turn their attention to a non-existent person which is the sniper, the warehouse has no opening or gaps except the large front door and the back door that were closed during the chaos, believing the bullets came from outside, they were launched from a small portal from above unnoticed. A small portal appeared near his hand and hurled a dagger to cut the rope and remove the rest on his own, now finally free, he stretched out his body and just stands in silence, glancing over the dead bodies. Lendo destroys the lightbulb with a bullet and exits through the backdoor, leaving the warehouse dark and black, but now stained with a shade of red from his aggressors.
-------------------

IAN ROKER
"I know better than anyone that the folded got a power boost," Ian said as his eyes darted towards the girl. "Every folded I've seen has been feeling like a million bucks since the lady made her move. I'm interested in the stuff I don't know, like why and how. Here - ten for the effort." Ian handed the girl a $10 bill before turning his attention to the three babbling homeless men. Looking each one up and down, he reasoned that they weren't much of a threat. Even if they tried something, he believed himself to be more than capable of taking down a few untrained street punks.

Everything about the pair did however strike an odd note with him. For a trio of homeless drunks, none seemed too beat up, all things considered. Sure they were dirty and missing some teeth, but they could certainly be in worse shape. Ian raised a brow at the comparison their apparent leader made between their little band and the girl on his other side. "'Tap that,' huh? I'll keep it in mind," he said with a passing glance at the girl. Possibility of poon aside, Ian did his best to keep his focus on the task at hand.

Their relatively unscathed appearance made sense when the third man seemed to take the wound of another without even trying. "Touch-Me-Not," Ian repeated to himself. Another Folded, huh? Things were beginning to look promising in terms of information, and Ian took a step forward to the man they referred to as 'Aleso.' "Alright Aleso," he said as he pressed the $50 into his hand, "talk. You might get some more if I like what you say. Yo," he called as he turned towards the teal-haired girl, "you want in? I'm buying."

[ Noivian Noivian D duegxybus ]

Jordan Weaver
7th District - Hamfield Park

78d7c9801a2c0b64d5b70dd87814e6f4.jpg

O-... Oh my god! You're on fire!
Jordan hardly has a chance to catch her breath before she is thrust into a new, potentially perilous situation. Without thinking, she runs toward the girl with the lava erupting from her person. By the time she arrives, the lava has been doused with water, and the immediate sense of danger dissipates. Even so, she feels obligated to help, still. "Hey... Are you all right?" Jordan asks, blinking in delayed surprise. "It's okay." Perhaps sensing the girl's anxiety, and possible embarrassment, at allowing her Folded ability to manifest in public like that, Jordan tries her best to comfort her. "It happens to all of us!" Especially since that day, Jordan thinks to herself, remembering the outage that had caused all of the Conduit's abilities to strengthen, and some of them to go berserk. By way of explaining her use of the word us, Jordan lifts a hand to show the other girl her own Folded ability. Red strings materialize out of nothing and drape themselves across Jordan's spread fingers. Realizing she was being rude, Jordan sheepishly stretches out her free hand to shake.

"My name's Jordan." She quietly hopes that her hands aren't too sweaty. That would be awkward.

tags: Moonshadow Moonshadow

5d61df6c0da01e5f90fea28c367d7e0c.jpg

Damian Lee
[interactions with Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17 ]​

Still in an overly cheerful and outgoing mood, Damian looked up at the electronic display for his options for a morning drink. He contemplated briefly between a cold brew or an iced coffee, but soon decided upon the latter.

"One iced coffee, please." He said towards the lady behind the counter. After a brief pause, where the lady continued to look at him, as if waiting for an answer, he shook his head slightly and grinned to himself. "I'll have that to go, thank you." While the lady was punching his order into the machine, he rested his arm atop the counter, leaning his body against it, and turned around, coming face to face with a stranger. Instinctively, Damian smirked to himself, his mischievous side suddenly becoming dominant. Messy hair, with a pebble necklace, and an...encyclopedia? Interesting. He thought as he continued to take in the stranger's appearance.

Whether it was because of the rather cheerful mood he was in or because of some other inexplicable reason, he decided to strike up a conversation with the stranger.

"You don't quite ring a bell for me, are you new around thi-," Mid-sentence, however, Damian noticed that the stranger's attention was directed elsewhere. Following the man's gaze, Damian's eyes widened as they rested upon the giant golem that had just destroyed one of the shop's chairs.

Damian turned around, curious as how the lady at the counter would react, but she was simply standing still, shocked, with his iced coffee slowly dripping out of the cup. The whole scene seemed completely comedical to Damian, like something you'd see in a comic book, and he burst out laughing. Wiping the tears from his eyes, he looked up at the man and asked casually,

"Power boost getting to you as well?"

prakoso-small-jpg.433432

Prakoso Wiraksa
7th District: Hamfield Park
Listing profanity after profanity in his mind; Conversing
Interaction
: June Verles June Verles Lappi Lappi
Mention: Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Moonshadow Moonshadow
"Hello Mr. Wiraksa, please ignore my appearance but would you like to talk?"

Pra craned his neck over his shoulder to see who tapped him. The man's face was okay, but who the fuck could ignore someone's covered in bullet hole? More importantly, who the fuck was he? He didn't remember someone as polite and as punchable as this. He shrugged and snapped another photo of the Article.

"Nah. Not interested."

Gah. He wanted to punch him so badly. But it was day. And the park was a public place. Starting violence there was a good way to catch the eye of the authority. The man was not worth it. Besides-

"Oh yea, I have somethin' to say come to think of it," he turned and face the man. He got a clear view of his hole riddled suit. The man also had a cigarette between his lips, which made him wrinkled his nose. How long ago did he smoke again? He sometimes regret ever starting, but sometimes he felt itchy to try it again. Fuck. The man just had to remind him of smoking, didn't he? Growing more and more annoyed by the man, Pra slowly started,

"Can you get the fuck away from here? I got an appointment already."

Seriously. If the man could be any more suspicious, he would like to know how. No stranger in the right of their mind would talk to him in the middle of the day wearing something that looked like had gone through a gun fight. That was like saying "Hello I'm a suspicious guy that's either a hipster, a hobo, or a hitman that had gone through a fight involving guns."

...on a second thought, he was probably a hipster. Those people were weird and-

"Hey Pra! Nice seeing you here! Didn't know you were into photography."

Fuck! She was there already.

Helia Porter sat next to him, crossing her legs as it was the natural thing to do. The man just had the worst timing, didn't he. Pra got to know Porter when she asked him for a pair of guns. Nothing he couldn't get, and it also net him a new acquaintance. He had called her here because he wanted her help to get into somewhere; His Juveniles weren't nothing if not indiscreet. Porter was also a dancer of some sort, he guess? He watched her performance once and all he got was there was a lot of fire. She was also nimble, and young. Frankly, that was why he called her.

"So how are you both doing? It looks like one of you had a 'interesting' day already," she said, gesturing toward the man's clothes.

Well no shit, Sherlock! He wanted to scream. Also, didn't anyone tell her not to speak to strangers? Especially not one that was suspicious as fuck. Best thing to do was to politely ask him away or-

"Anyways! What is your name? " She gestured to Ben with her body language and looked him up and down. "I know Pra here but not you."

His eyes twitched. Pra resisted the urge to slap Porter on her face and gave her a piece of his mind.

"Just a hipster. Come on, Porter, we better move," he moved to a stand, intending to get the hell away from there.

[class=fyuri11wrapper] max-width:400px; height:500px; margin:auto; [/class] [class=fyuri11imagebox] width:100%; height:500px; background:url('https://i.imgur.com/NEoupu5.png') no-repeat; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlayparent] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; max-width:400px; height:500px; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlay] display: flex; width:200px; height:200px; margin:auto; background-color:rgba(0,0,0, 0.8); color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11header] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; flex-flow: column nowrap; text-align:center; width:100%; font-family: 'Sigmar One', Impact; font-size:30px; color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11parent] opacity:0.0; position:relative; margin-top:-500px; width:100%; height:500px; background:#000; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=fyuri11parent state=hover] opacity:1.0; width:calc(100% - 20px); height:480px; background:rgba(218,20,69, 0.8); padding:10px; [/class] [class=fyuri11content] width:calc (100% - 20px); height:460px; background-color:#fff; overflow:auto; padding:10px; text-align:justify; color:#313131; [/class] [class=fyuri11credit] max-width:400px; margin:auto; opacity:0.3; font-size:10px; [/class]
[div class=fyuri11wrapper][div class=fyuri11imagebox][div class=fyuri11overlayparent][div class=fyuri11overlay][div class=fyuri11header]Benjamin Cromwell
-Interactions: Prakoso Wirakasa, Helia Porter -
-Tags: D duegxybus Moonshadow Moonshadow Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Damafaud Damafaud -
[/div]

[/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11parent][div class=fyuri11content] Benjamin simply stood there listening to Prakoso's attempts to make him screw off, attempts that apparently didn't even faze him as he casually continued to smoke the remaining half of the cigarette, on the other hand, it seemed to make him a lot more tired with Pra than anything.

That's when Helia, came and questioned Benjamin about his outfit, well more like why he was missing some of his outfits. Her appearance clearly surprised Ben, shown by him raising his eyebrows at the sight of her, after putting out his cigarette with a stomp he proceeded to answer her inquiries; "Wow, Madam Phoenix? Well, I certainly didn't expect this" as he realized his derailing and coughed to get back on track; "Don't worry about me, I just came out of the morgue so I didn't really have time to change for the occasion.".

He then saw Prakoso getting ansty, he sighed as he put his hands in his pockets; "Do you really think that a hipster would just approach a local gang boss... Oops. Was I meant to not say that? Sorry, I just end up spewing stuff out when people rush me, anyways I should introduce myself as to not be rude. I am Benjamin Cromwell, contract killer, hitman whatever you want to call it, your esteemed father has used my services before, maybe we have met before?" he then realized pulling on his dick won't make this kind of person more willing to co-operate as he sighed; "Anyways that doesn't matter, you want your gang to be successful? I'll get rid of every other gang in a 2-mile radius if you help me this one time? Hell if you want I'll even put a good word with your old man though he may not want to hear it from me.".

Ember Gold
Amelia Lockheart
District 7

Location(s):
Hamfield Park

Amelia closed her eyes for a moment and willed any God to present her with Faraday. Her legs felt weak and she simply didn't want to exist for that moment. That was until two intresting people had approached her. Her eyes opened to one woman. Seeming to be taken out of a comic book of a 'mad scientist'. She stood there not knowing what to say as the lady suddenly scooped up the hot liquid, burning herself in the process. "Hey, be careful!" She said immediately, still clutching the water to her chest. "It's really hot stuff..." She mumbled after. When the woman scientist didn't even heed her words and only asked questions, Amelia gave her an awkward smile.

"U-uh, yeah! That's fine I guess. What the lava is made out of? I've never taught about it..." Then, she saw another person approach her. The one who seemed tired before was willing to help. If Amelia wasn't the root cause of her own problem, she would have been very grateful for her concern. Instead, she had to explain slightly to her. Though it was a relief she understood what was going on. So much so, that she decided to comfort her. Amelia didn't think she needed comforting. It was exactly how people like her roll, Faraday certainly barreled through her problems. But, Amelia's eyes sparkled as soon as she saw this girls ability.

"Woah." Was all that came out originally, until she realized that wasn't a great response. She paused as the girl outstretched her hand to her and said her name was Jordan. Amelia hesitated for a moment before reaching out and shaking her hand. Luckily, she was cool now so the only heat was coming from normal bodily functions. "Nice to meet both of you I'm—" Amelia trailed off as she looked past the two. Faraday was in the park, but appeared to be hiding herself. Amelia wanted to immediately run towards her and demand she spoke, but she was hiding for a reason. Whoever she was referring to before, is definitely here. "Amelia." She said quickly when she realized she had trailed off before. "I'm Amelia." She needed to go along with this. She'll have to discuss with Faraday when she approaches her. This could prove useful if she was in any danger. They expect her and Faraday to be together maybe. "So, I'm not very inclined to move anywhere because you know." She tried to extent their talk. "I'm sorry I made you two come over. If you were doing something before, that would have been worse!" Please just talk. I don't even know how to carry a conversation with Faraday. She begged in her mind despite her welcoming smile.

theunderwolf theunderwolf Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Damafaud Damafaud June Verles June Verles D duegxybus Lappi Lappi

William Hayes
Current District/Location: 1/Inside the Lemodine Coffee Shop
Mood: Embarrassed
"Yes," Will replied simply to the man while pulling out $200 from his wallet. "This should cover the cost of the chair," he said to the shocked woman, placing it on the counter as he walked over to Arthur. "How about you just sit outside?" He asked, holding the door open. Arthur stomped over to the door and squeezed through it, standing stiffly right outside the shop.

Now that he wasn't focused on repairing the chaos, Will turned back to the man, exhaling a sigh of relief. Figuring an explanation was in order, he said, "He recently acquired free will after some sort of blackout. I'm still trying to adapt to his new thought process, but sometimes he surprises me." He looked over to the broken chair again before adding, "And yes, I've never been here before." The owner of the place probably hoped it would be his last visit.

Will pointed to the spilling drink before asking, "I'm assuming by your reaction you have some ability as well?" His curiosity was getting the better of him, and he also enjoyed learning about the various abilities people have. If anything, it would also help him practice devising strategies to counter certain powers if he ever had to fight.

William Hayes
Current Location: Inside the Lemodine Coffee Shop
Mood: Neutral
Spoken to: SodaToast SodaToast

Last edited:

• prakoso-small-jpg.433432

Prakoso Wiraksa
    7th District: Hamfield Park
    L
    Interaction
    : June Verles June Verles Lappi Lappi
    Mention: Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Moonshadow Moonshadow
    Pra froze midway. The man just went from bad to worse. He had no qualm of anyone knowing he was leading a gang, but mentioning it in bright daylight was just asking for trouble. He turned his head, watching the man sharply with a scowl on his face. A contract killer related to the old man? Just more reason for him to chew him out. He leaned closer to Cromwell and started in a low tone,

"Listen, man, Cromwell, whatever. I got nothing to do with the old man nor did I want to. Stay away from me and my gang and you got no trouble. Capiche?" He sat back at the bench and made a shooing motion toward him. Cromwell's remark of his old man pissed him off.

His relationship with the old man was always strained. His tendency for violence and lack of interest in inheriting the business were the main perpetrator for arguments that would ensued for hours. He couldn't stand the subtleties and and formality needed to establish anything in business. Aditya had been a godsend; Who knew where he would be if he was the sole heir.

Right. He still need to send Aditya the pictures. He held out his phone again and took another snap of the Article.

Helia Porter
Hamfield Park - Morning Small Phoenix FC.jpg Phoenix watched as the 2 went at it. They seemed to know each other in some form of shady business that she had no want to be apart of. She was just called to talk to Pra, no need to get into any form of argument or fight.
"Wow, Madam Phoenix? Well, I certainly didn't expect this"
She looked to Ben a little wielded out at being called madam, as she was far from royalty but hey- people with bullet holes in their clothes tend to be weirdos. She waved back to him from her seat.

"er, just call me Helia"
Phoenix was a stage name- she hated being refereed to by her stage name off stage. It seemed narcissistic. Not soon after the awkward moment all hell broke loose.
"Just a hipster. Come on, Porter, we better move,"

All hell broke loose after that, Ben seemed to break into a long rant. Helia just sank deeper into her seat as he continued on with a slightly annoyed poker face. Trying to filter out the noise but unfortunately still hearing it. Apparently he was some sort of hitman, the sort Helia wanted no business being around. She simply didn't want people seeing her around someone of the sort. Alas she was here with Pra so what could she do. She waited for them to sort it out.
Helia by all means wanted to tell Ben to piss off but that would just cause more drama. Instead she wanted to try to defuse it as calmly as possible. Helia noticed that Pra was frozen for a moment. While he did so she turned to Ben but found no words coming out. It was quiet awkward actually.
"um-. . ."
Apparently Ben mentioning Pra's old man pissed him off. It only seemed to make the situation all the more awkward for Helia, her face nothing but concerned for how this was going to end. She didn't want to be involved in any sort of gang fight. She had the skillset nor the want. Helia stood up and walked to Pra. Whispering to him, her voice was concerned. She knew this could turn ugly if Ben kept on pushing.
"Should we just go? This can't go anything but bad"
Helia kept a poker face, but she was worried. She didn't like this situation, 2 criminals in a argument was never good when one just won't walk away.

V Interactions/Mentions VInteractions: Damafaud Damafaud
Mentions: Moonshadow Moonshadow Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
Sorry for the short post, had to write this on the phone XD

-Interactions: Prakoso Wirakasa, Helia Porter -
[/div]

[/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11parent][div class=fyuri11content] Benjamin sighed as both Pra and Helia seemed to think of him as a weirdo and ignore any of his advances for them to help him. To be fair though, he couldn't bring himself to blame them, after all, a guy covered in bullet holes came to them and started asking for favors, not the best first impression. He sighed again at his own lack of common sense and put his hands in his pockets. The perpetually smirk faded, his polite attitude dissipated he stopped trying, revealing the heavy eye bags and his blank dead fish stare which wasn't more appealing but at least it was natural. He began rubbing the back of his head as he tried negotiating with Pra again;

"Right, Ok I did overstep my boundaries, who would've guessed you had daddy issues... mhmm, I am not helping my situation here very much am I? Look basically I lost my guns when the cops took my regenerating body to the morgue and I want them back, I thought that I could entice you with assassinating other shitty little gangs in this area but that didn't work.". He said as he yawned; "Look I don't know if you help me retrieve my guns I'll kill your dad or something, so you can finish your backstory arc." as he shrugged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back