Journal In need of friends/rant

awh' well thank you....

Despite my confusion at first I completely understand the rest of your messages using the indescribable variables. Generally speaking if it's a criticism full of information I don't take personal offense to it. If it just serves to tell me I'm wrong without any sort of reason as to why, or is obviously made to offend me then that's when I get upset.
Here's what I do with regard to them. Maybe it'll help you out some.
If it's the first one, personally, I just laugh and ask them to bring evidence before the council so that we may passeth down a verdict. If they have some, I want to see it. If they have none, they just kind of humiliated themselves.
If it's the second, then I personally just slosh through the garbage, find whatever they actually brought to the table, and respond to that. Maybe add a little footnote saying "Civility is a virtue of modern society."

While I'll admit that friendships can start out with both people instantly being attached to the other, that's the exception, not the rule. Especially when it comes to online. While at first you might just be talking to someone, you might come to find you have a lot in common. Saying you don't want to talk to someone just because you don't want a 'surface level's friendship is silly. I also refuse to believe this is your only way of making friends anymore.
I never said it was my only way, but it's how I'm choosing to do it now. So that everything is out in the open and people know what to expect before they've even talked to me. These problems I have aren't for the faint of heart. Almost every person I talk to on here I have more than just a surface level relation with because it's what I need, I'm not here just to have fun all the time. I like spending my time developing relations. The journal serves as a descriptive open door to anyone who is interested in becoming my friend, because a lot of people are here to just have fun. I come here for fun and for support. The support is equally as important to me and I don't intend on just letting anyone into my life.

Here's what I do with regard to them. Maybe it'll help you out some.
If it's the first one, personally, I just laugh and ask them to bring evidence before the council so that we may passeth down a verdict. If they have some, I want to see it. If they have none, they just kind of humiliated themselves.
If it's the second, then I personally just slosh through the garbage, find whatever they actually brought to the table, and respond to that. Maybe add a little footnote saying "Civility is a virtue of modern society."
sometimes it's all slosh, generally speaking I hold honesty above all else, and open communication. If someone acts passive aggressively towards me its upsetting because they aren't just telling me whats wrong. They're bottling it up so they can explode on me later. But yes I've done both of those as well. I don't get offended usually if it's not serious.

sometimes it's all slosh, generally speaking I hold honesty above all else, and open communication. If someone acts passive aggressively towards me its upsetting because they aren't just telling me whats wrong. They're bottling it up so they can explode on me later. But yes I've done both of those as well. I don't get offended usually if it's not serious.
Sounds like you've definitely got a good handle on it, then.
Being passive-aggressive is something I know most people do from time to do. Of course, I, on the OTHER hand... nah I'm just as bad if not worse. Mostly if I have to explain something more than twice, since they're simply not understanding/listening and caring.
But anywhozzenheisen, I'd say that if they're being passive-aggressive in a discussion, there's about a 25% chance (this is me throwing out a statistic based on myself and no one else. Small sample size is best sample size) they'll bring it back onto you. Those odds increase if they're doing nothing but talking to you, i.e. they have *sniff* no friends and don't go out or something. The odds lower if you change the discussion topic.
Again, this is my personal, unfounded thoughts on it, so if you go by them and they don't work, then remember that my sample size was me, and I'm a special individual :grinningteeth: in more ways than just the positive ones...

Sounds like you've definitely got a good handle on it, then.
Being passive-aggressive is something I know most people do from time to do. Of course, I, on the OTHER hand... nah I'm just as bad if not worse. Mostly if I have to explain something more than twice, since they're simply not understanding/listening and caring.
But anywhozzenheisen, I'd say that if they're being passive-aggressive in a discussion, there's about a 25% chance (this is me throwing out a statistic based on myself and no one else. Small sample size is best sample size) they'll bring it back onto you. Those odds increase if they're doing nothing but talking to you, i.e. they have *sniff* no friends and don't go out or something. The odds lower if you change the discussion topic.
Again, this is my personal, unfounded thoughts on it, so if you go by them and they don't work, then remember that my sample size was me, and I'm a special individual :grinningteeth: in more ways than just the positive ones...
you are definitely unique, to say the least.

Or if you needed one.
Which, by my amateur and completely unprofessional opinion that no one should really go by, you don't.
Of course, that is my amateur and completely unprofessional opinion that no one should really go by.

Or if you needed one.
Which, by my amateur and completely unprofessional opinion that no one should really go by, you don't.
Of course, that is my amateur and completely unprofessional opinion that no one should really go by.
I've had them before so I've got a good understanding of when someone is deemed "psychologically unstable". I don't anymore because I bluffed their 100 fill-in-the-dot quiz because I didn't want to take their medication anymore.

I've had them before so I've got a good understanding of when someone is deemed "psychologically unstable". I don't anymore because I bluffed their 100 fill-in-the-dot quiz because I didn't want to take their medication anymore.
Same with depression quizzes. It's so demoralizing to realize that you might be depressed.

But sometimes they just forget to take other factors into account.
"Did you get much sleep in the last week?"
I JUST WENT CAMPING SO NO NOT REALLY

Same with depression quizzes. It's so demoralizing to realize that you might be depressed.

But sometimes they just forget to take other factors into account.
"Did you get much sleep in the last week?"
I JUST WENT CAMPING SO NO NOT REALLY
hahahahaha it was a little longer than a weekend. It was over the course of 4 years of manic break downs when I was a lot younger before we finally figured what was going on with me

hahahahaha it was a little longer than a weekend. It was over the course of 4 years of manic break downs when I was a lot younger before we finally figured what was going on with me
Well, at least ye found out. If there's anything life-threatening going on with me, I still don't know it.
But I would certainly send a digital high-five to that. Let's hear it for not normal, just better.

Well, at least ye found out. If there's anything life-threatening going on with me, I still don't know it.
But I would certainly send a digital high-five to that. Let's hear it for not normal, just better.
what doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back