Anime & Manga in desperate need of anime D:

Oath__

Returning Member
So I've been scraping the bottom of the barrel recently when it comes to anime, either I've already seen it or I'm not interested in it, so if anyone has some decent recommendations on what to watch that'd be great! I'm also mostly looking for more underground anime, Just because I've seen MOST of the mainstream stuff so...if anyone can help, please do! <3

Not sure I know of a lot of "underground" anime, since I mostly go off of what I find on crunchyroll
but maybe I can think of something decent?
what sort of genre/s are you craving right now? =D

Leyara Leyara I honestly don't really care about the genres too much, just really anything except for Military stuff, never been a big fan of those kind of animes, Just recommend something that you personally enjoyed I suppose

Dangan Ronpa: The Animation is always good, but it's better to play the visual novel on Steam instead.

I just finished watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, which I thought were great when watched one after the other.

Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Is Dangan Ronpa on Crunchyroll or Funimation? I've also seen Haruhi Suzumiya before, although it was a LONG time ago

Funimation. You can always do something like kissanime, though.

Like I said before, though, the anime is like the Sparknotes version, and it's crammed into 13 episodes. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though, since it makes the pacing very hectic and almost never leaves anything boring happening. It's probably better to get the full experience on Steam with the visual novel whenever it goes on sale.

Leyara Leyara I honestly don't really care about the genres too much, just really anything except for Military stuff, never been a big fan of those kind of animes, Just recommend something that you personally enjoyed I suppose
Alrighty, here's a few I've enjoyed~

A lull in the sea
Beyond the Boundary
A Certain Magical Index
Yona of the Dawn (this has some "war" concepts, though not modern and it has a mix of fantasy)

Its okay if you've seen these all already, I tried not to say anything that I felt was too typical =D

Have you watched Toradora! yet? I thought that one was really fun to watch, too.

Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Yes I have, Saw that a long time ago, although I don't remember if I finished it so I could go back to it

Leyara Leyara I've only seen Beyond the Boundary and Magical Index on this list, so I'll definitely give the other ones you recommended a shot!

Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Yes I have, Saw that a long time ago, although I don't remember if I finished it so I could go back to it

Leyara Leyara I've only seen Beyond the Boundary and Magical Index on this list, so I'll definitely give the other ones you recommended a shot!

Awesome =D hope you enjoy them
one of my favorites, an older one, I do wonder if you've seen/read yet
Chrono Crusade? It was popular for a time

Mondaiji Tachi is by far one of my favorites <3
And, I know you said you didn't like military stuff, but Seraph of the End is also one of my faves. It's like a mix of AOT, soul eater, and Dance in the Vampire Bund.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia isn't that bad if you like a little creepy vibe.

Why only anime? If you're into romance manga, look up "Bitter Virgin". It's a good manga about romance.

Communist Communist Because I don't know any LEGAL manga sites, I buy all my manga and it can get expensive some times when you're buying a lot of it, even when every issue is about 10 bucks

Communist Communist Because I don't know any LEGAL manga sites, I buy all my manga and it can get expensive some times when you're buying a lot of it, even when every issue is about 10 bucks

Pretty sure most manga sites you see are LEGAL. Otherwise, they would have been taken down by now.

Try manga reader? I dunno.

Communist Communist Oh, they are? I was just normally suspicious because I found it strange how it was completely free, maybe its just the sites I found, I'll check it out then I suppose

Oath__ Oath__ Romance, hmmm let me have a look.

The ones i could find for Romance;

Toradora
My Little Monster
Blue Spring Ride
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou ( Personal favorite Romance anime, would recommend highly)

Zero no Tsukaima
Charlotte

Chivalry of a Failed Night
Absolute Duo

These might be some animes you have seen before, but I would suggest

•Elfen Lied
• Gangsta
•Death Note
•Angel Tales
• Akame Ga Kill
• Tokyo Ghoul
• Berserk
• Black Butler

Hahahahahah, legit all of the mare fighting! all apart from Berserk are amazing though!
These might be some animes you have seen before, but I would suggest

•Elfen Lied
• Gangsta
•Death Note
•Angel Tales
• Akame Ga Kill
• Tokyo Ghoul
• Berserk
• Black Butler

Have you ever watched 3-Gatsu no Lion? It's an anime about Shogi, and while that sounds awfully boring, the story/actual plot is very good. It's well thought out, and it's not one of those animes where you have to binge watch it if that makes any sense? It won't hook you right away in the same fashion that many mainstream animes do (i.e AOT, SAO, Yuri!!!On Ice), but it keeps you coming back... It's really hard to explain, but definitely check it out! It's a slice of life anime and watch past the first few episodes. The first few are a little slower, but I promise, it's worth it XD
Black Bullet is a really good action anime that came out a few years ago as well. Very interesting plot premises.

Oath__ Oath__ - If you want a legal site, you should check out MangaFox, because it has all the mangas that haven't been licensed. So, once it's been licensed, it won't be on the site anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back