• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Imperium! - CARPE ROMA

Oh for our Houses forces, can we like pick colors and names to go with the Legion(s)? Like, the soldiers have standard red in their uniforms, but if say my house had the color blue in its heraldry, could our soldiers be a red and blue mix in regards to uniform? 

And can we come up with a name, or choose to use one from actual history...(I want to use Ferrata...)

Oh for our Houses forces, can we like pick colors and names to go with the Legion(s)? Like, the soldiers have standard red in their uniforms, but if say my house had the color blue in its heraldry, could our soldiers be a red and blue mix in regards to uniform? 

Uniforms, standards, and insignia color is all up to you. As the Senate, Im designating tunic, cape, and shield to be red. Centurion and officer feathers to be purple. 

And can we come up with a name, or choose to use one from actual history...(I want to use Ferrata...)

Idc. Whatever you like more

So here's what I need to do:

-Make the Hosted Project

-Define the map (although the RTW II map seems to be fine for now)

-Establish a building tech tree

-Establish a list of military units (although custom-designed units will be okay)

-Establish a criteria for Combat Moderations

-Establish a criteria for Economic Moderations

I'll get on the HP. Go ahead and post your CS here, tag me in it. I'll put it in the first Interest Check post and then like your reply to let you know I did it.

The HP will be up Friday.

@NeoError @ArisenMoon @General Deth Glitch

I'm putting the final touches on the CS. 

Would you rather have a building tech tree modeled off of Rome II, Rome I, or no tree at all? 

Also, here is what I currently have:

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Sign Up:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]House Name:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]House Leader:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]House Family: // May have one wife, one sibling, and three children max[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Geographical Starting Location: (Limited) (Pick One Only)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]-North West: [Open Slot] [Reference: Velathri][/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]-North East: @ArisenMoon [Reference: Ariminum][/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]-South East: @General Deth Glitch [Reference: Brundisium][/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]-South West: [Open Slot] [Reference: Cosentia][/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]*You may pick the name of your city. Please also designate the population of your region[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Starting Army: (20 units max)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]// Armies are pre-Marian reforms. Units may be referred to as “Maniples”. Basic melee infantry will include Hastati, Principe, and Triarii. Skirmishers: Velites. Cavalry: Equites. Any unit present in the pre-Marian Rome Total War series is accepted.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]*Maniples are to be considered 120 men[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Starting Socci Unit: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]*Each province may only hold [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]one[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] socci/ auxiliary unit (professional mercenaries like Socci Hoplites, archers, peltasts, chariots, etc) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Starting Navy: (20 units max)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]*Current available ship is the [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Bireme[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]. 60 men per ship[/SIZE]

House Name: House Auxentius

House Leader: Titus Munius Auxentius-M, Age 39

House Family: Two children, twins, one boy and one girl, both seventeen years of age. Wife died during childbirth. All other family relations either dead in conflict, natural causes, or Titus just killed them himself. That is only taking direct relations into account. There are still cousins and other connections, but the main family is just Titus and his children.

Starting Location: Arminum

Starting Army: Due to their proximity to the border of savage territories, House Auxentius has maintained a standing army at most times of the year, to help deal with any potential raids. These forces wear the traditional red designated by the Senate in all forms required, but wear blue and yellow uniforms underneath, the colors of House Auxentius. The army is made up of:

1. Six Maniples of Hastati, Three Maniples of Principe, Three Maniples of Triarii.

2. Four Maniples of Velites.

3. Four Maniples of Equites.

4. One Maniple of Archers drawn from the hunting people scattered around the land near Arminum.(Socci)

Starting Navy: House Auxentius has a pitifully small navy, despite being somewhat near the coast. Titus sees very little need of ships, and as such rents and pays for any he needs at the time. Still, House Auxentius maintains a small fleet made up of:

1. Four Bireme

WIP?

@Shepard

Last edited by a moderator:
House Name: House Auxentius

House Leader: Titus Munius Auxentius-M, Age 39

House Family: Two children, twins, one boy and one girl, both seventeen years of age. Wife died during childbirth. All other family relations either dead in conflict, natural causes, or Titus just killed them himself. That is only taking direct relations into account. There are still cousins and other connections, but the main family is just Titus and his children.

Starting Location: Arminum

Starting Army: Due to their proximity to the border of savage territories, House Auxentius has maintained a standing army at most times of the year, to help deal with any potential raids. These forces wear the traditional red designated by the Senate in all forms required, but wear blue and yellow uniforms underneath, the colors of House Auxentius. The army is made up of:

1. Six Maniples of Hastati, Three Maniples of Principe, Three Maniples of Triarii.

2. Four Maniples of Velites.

3. Four Maniples of Equites.

4. One Maniple of Archers drawn from the hunting people scattered around the land near Arminum.(Socci)

Starting Navy: House Auxentius has a pitifully small navy, despite being somewhat near the coast. Titus sees very little need of ships, and as such rents and pays for any he needs at the time. Still, House Auxentius maintains a small fleet made up of:

1. Four Bireme

House of Auxentius

Governor Titus Munius Auxentius (39)

[One son*] (heir*), [one daughter]

[North East] Arminum

Population: 

Army:

6x Hastati

3x Principe

3x Triarii

4x Velites

4x Equites

1x Socii Archers (aka Socii Sagittariis)

Socii Unit: Socii Archers/Sagittariis

Navy:

4x Bireme

Please confirm this as well as filling in any text in red

Can I reserve a spot? Tis hard trying to decide if I want to fight the Phoenician mutts or the northern mongrols. 

Mhm. Just make a placehold post and tell me what region (assuming it hasnt been reserved yet). I will expect a CS in a timely manner though. I dont want to screw over someone eles

I wasn't entirely sure what to put for the population part. Population of Arminum? Or population of those who serve my House? Everything else is fine.

@Shepard

I wasn't entirely sure what to put for the population part. Population of Arminum? Or population of those who serve my House?

@Shepard

Everyone in your region so the city + farming estates + geographically and historically insignificant towns. Idc how in depth you go. I just need a way of knowing your appropriate military size.

Everyone in your region so the city + farming estates + geographically and historically insignificant towns. Idc how in depth you go. I just need a way of knowing your appropriate military size.

Alright...let me crack out my calculator...

House of Auxentius

Governor Titus Munius Auxentius (39)

[One son*] (heir*), [one daughter]

[North East] Arminum

Population: 

Army:

6x Hastati

3x Principe

3x Triarii

4x Velites

4x Equites

1x Socii Archers (aka Socii Sagittariis)

Socii Unit: Socii Archers/Sagittariis

Navy:

4x Bireme

Please confirm this as well as filling in any text in red

Population: The City of Arminum itself has a standing population of around 2-3 Million(depending on the time period, will revise if needed) In the nearby towns and villages tied directly to the city, another thirty thousand residents can be added to the tallies. A final wider region expansion on numbers draws in farmers and the few remaining tribes in the territory, adding a final twenty thousand to the numbers.

In all, Arminum has a population of around 3 Million, roughly.

@Shepard

Population: The City of Arminum itself has a standing population of around 2-3 Million(depending on the time period, will revise if needed) In the nearby towns and villages tied directly to the city, another thirty thousand residents can be added to the tallies. A final wider region expansion on numbers draws in farmers and the few remaining tribes in the territory, adding a final twenty thousand to the numbers.

In all, Arminum has a population of around 3.5 Million.

@Shepard

Thats right...i didnt really give a perspective on it...let me do some research since 3 million would make 1% of the world population in one region.

Not saying it will stay that high, but it is Rome. They tensed to have a much higher population than the rest of the world. And it was fairly near Roma, so it could Possibly be that large.

Otherwise I am lowering it to around 300,500.

@Shepard

Not saying it will stay that high, but it is Rome. They tensed to have a much higher population than the rest of the world. And it was fairly near Roma, so it could Possibly be that large.

Otherwise I am lowering it to around 300,500.

@Shepard

That number sounds alright for now. 

House Name: Spatha

House Leader: Lucius Acutus Spatha - M - 31

House Family: Has a wife, two sons and a daughter.

Geographical Starting Location:

-South East: Urbe Lanceam

Not sure on Pop

Starting Army: (20 units max)

2x Equites

4x Triarii

3x Principe

7x Hastati

4x Velites

1x Socii Hoplites

Starting Navy: (20 units max)

[SIZE= 14.6667px]16 x Bireme[/SIZE]

WIP 

[SIZE=14.6667px]House Name: Attolis[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]House Leader: Gaius Junius Attolis[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]House Family: One sister[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Geographical Starting Location: (Limited) (Pick One Only)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]-South West: Attolia[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Population:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Starting Army: (20 units max)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]// Armies are pre-Marian reforms. Units may be referred to as “Maniples”. Basic melee infantry will include Hastati, Principe, and Triarii. Skirmishers: Velites. Cavalry: Equites. Any unit present in the pre-Marian [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]3x Velites[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]5x Hastati[/SIZE]

5x Principes

3x Triarii

2x Equites

1x Auxiliary Tarantine Cavalry

[SIZE=14.6667px]Starting Navy: (20 units max)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px](If I remember correctly, Magna Graecia was well known for their use of triremes and the Roman republic adopted the trireme after the conquest of Campania... which were then humiliated during the conquest of the tarentines since Rome didn't have much of a naval history by that point). Would triremes not be an option? Especially since the south west was originally consisted mostly of Greek Colonies?)[/SIZE]

Description of house as well as colors:

WIP 

[SIZE=14.6667px]House Name: Attolis[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]House Leader: Gaius Junius Attolis[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]House Family: One sister[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Geographical Starting Location: (Limited) (Pick One Only)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]-South West: Attolia[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Population:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Starting Army: (20 units max)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]// Armies are pre-Marian reforms. Units may be referred to as “Maniples”. Basic melee infantry will include Hastati, Principe, and Triarii. Skirmishers: Velites. Cavalry: Equites. Any unit present in the pre-Marian [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]3x Velites[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]5x Hastati[/SIZE]

5x Principes

3x Triarii

2x Equites

1x Auxiliary Tarantine Cavalry

[SIZE=14.6667px]Starting Navy: (20 units max)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px](If I remember correctly, Magna Graecia was well known for their use of triremes and the Roman republic adopted the trireme after the conquest of Campania... which were then humiliated during the conquest of the tarentines since Rome didn't have much of a naval history by that point). Would triremes not be an option? Especially since the south west was originally consisted mostly of Greek Colonies?)[/SIZE]

Description of house as well as colors:

// Because Roman ships were limited to -reme style ships, I'm just starting everyone at "Bireme". You can continue the line of historical Roman ships or make your own designs. 

Thank you for your CS. I'm working on the CS rn

Updates:

-No building tech tree. Cities will go through basic management as deemed by the player of the town. We will follow Shepard's Rule in that anything goes so long as it's logical and fair 

-The only military unit tree will contain units that are currently in play. After a TBD number of turns, custom units will be allowed as "Roman" forces. Until then, custom units will considered socii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back