• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Imperfectly Perfect ‖ Uprising of the BlOod Rose

Talon was surprised at Davice's offer and didn't really know what to do. She looked down at the white tiger beside her and shrugged, then turned to face Davice. "Sure why not? Swords arn't my forte but hey what's a friendly competition here and there." Talon takes the practice sword from him and taking a few steps back. When both were ready the tiger gave a roar as the signal and instantly Talon charged at Davice leaning down low she rushes toward him and drives her sword upward at him.

Davice started holding the sword handle high with the fake blade pointed at an angle downward. Tiger girl was making the first move. Good, Davice preferred to fight on the defensive. It gave him time to analyse the opponent, search for weaknesses and flaws in attack methods, and identify any attack patterns if present. Plus, it also helped to better get to know a stranger.

With his posture straight and his free hand at his side, Davice swept his sword upward left arch, smacking away the very tip of Talon's sword. Parrying was always wiser then blocking, especially when your adversary had note worthy physical strength as Davice had noticed earlier.

Sidestepping in the opposite direction as his own parry, Davice brought his sword to his side then thrust it forward with a slight vertical chop, targeting the space just above Talon's hands for a disarm, hopefully without busting any fingers.

Pausing her firing completely, 'Ghost' sat up glancing over at the others quietly. Her fingers mindlessly worked on reloading the sniper rifle with a sort of accuracy and confidence that could only come with years of experience. She continued to let her eyes take in their little sparing match. Eri got to her feet, pulling the heavy chunk of weapon along with her. Moving closer, she studied the way both of them stood wondering how someone could ever find such close range attacks logical. Biting the inside of her tongue she circled the two making sure to take in every amount of information that she could even if she'd be lousy at using the techniques herself. Her serious expression was ruined by taking a big bite out of a muffin from the breakfast meal. The muffin being the last item the girl had yet to consume.

"What's the point of this?"

She asked eventually, in between mouthfuls, using her gun like a leaning post.

Talon was surprised by the parry but kept her guard up watching Davice's movements as he thrust forward toward her hands. He main weapon being chain swords which were more like sharp rounded knuckles than swords Talon's skills focused more with boxing than sword fighting. She instinctively dropped the sword, as it fell she ducked down and to the right, then grabbed the sword once again before it hit the floor. With determination in her eyes Talon went for another upward slice, this time closer to Davice.

With his stance still in an offensive position, Davice had little time to parry. So instead, he leaned back, way back, into a flexible back bend. Just before the top of his head hit the floor, Davice sprung back up into a defensive stance. He know had the wooden sword pointed straight towards Talon, an effective stance for acquiring breathing room.

His eyes briefly moved to the girl with the sniper rifle then back to his sparring partner. "I'm sorry, the point in what? Sparring?" Davice thought for a moment. "Perhaps, melee tactics?" The left corner of his mouth arched upward slightly into a tiny half smile. "If it's close quarters fighting, then you should know. A sword or knife is sometimes more effective then a firearm. Of course, I have no preference over either."

It wasn't hard for Davice to see that Talon had a fighting style like a brawler. What she had said was true, a sword wasn't her thing. Davice spun his sword 180 degrees so that he was holding it underhanded, then he took a stance that almost resembled that of boxing. Since Talon was still armed, he thrust he sword handle first in a wide right hook, the fake blade taking an even wider arch behind his hand.

The swoosh of the sword missing its target confused Talon for a moment. As Davice re-positioned himself once again she steadied herself. Talon smiled at the Davice's words and gave a smile, she agreed with most of what he had to say. She figured another unarming was coming up Talon stood still holding the sword in her left hand. Talon waited for the right moment and as Davice made his move Talon smiled now it's more like a brawl. As the handle was coming toward her Talon WANTED to grab it and pull him close smacking her head against his, being of the tougher variety Davice would probably crumble to the ground, where she would finish him off. However, this was a sparing practice so she twisted her blade behind her and jumped back giving a good amount of space between them. "Ah, so your changing your tactics to make it easier for me to beat you?" Talon gave a smile, still looking straight into her opponents eyes.

"Would you prefer that I strip all of you advantages instead? I wanted to make it more fair... and fun." Davice strafed to his left at a slow walk, twirling his practice weapon a few times. "I think I'm done warming up anyways. I've decided to come at you with everything, show me how well you can adapt." Davice stepped forward, not even a slight moment in between his words and action. He looked to the girl with the rifle, "Gun girl, feel free to join in." then looked back to Talon. "Here I come."

With a single step, Davice dashed forward, first swinging his sword upward in a faint then gripped the sword with both hands and swung it downwards. A block was to be expected, overhead vertical swings were more easily blocked as the defender could use virtually every muscle in their body to repel the blow.

Talon smiled at Davice's words as she walked around him and nodded "Well lets get this over with!" As he rushes to her Talon raised up to blocked with her bare arm as it hit nothing Talon frowns "sly, but not sly enough!" With the other still holding the sword she thrusts it at him.

Taking a quick shift to his right, Davice let the sword slide by his side and wrapped his arm around it. With his right arm now locked, he took the sword into his opposite hand. Now to limit the opponent's options. Davice pulled away, yanking Talon's sword arm towards him and the same time, delivered a right to left chop from his own weapon, aimed at the base of Talon's shoulder. The way Davice saw it, this left her with two options, either give up the weapon or take the blow. It was a win win situation but just in case, he had his weight shifted to one leg on his pull, that way he could deliver a repelling kick if things didn't work out his way.

(May be unable to post again for awhile, going on vacation. If I'm absent, assume my character is staying in the training room)

Last edited by a moderator:
Talon wrestled with the situation at hand and found herself at a loss of ideas. She drops the sword and as a smile grew over Davice's lips Talon quickly raised him up and tossed him across the room. Hoping that he would hit the mats near the firing range Talon watched as he flew onward. Past the mats and right on top of the poor gunner girl. Shocked Talon rushed over to them "Are you okay I am so sorry I was aiming for the mats. Your not hurt are you?" Talon was worried.

Davice had seamlessly rolled across the floor on impact, rotating his own inertia around the sniper so that the hit wouldn't cause injury. Of course, his forward momentum would still knock her down. His roll ended with him on both feet in a low squatting position.

He looked up, looking slightly annoyed. "This is sparring for swords. That means you are learning how to use a sword, not how to brawl." Davice dropped the wooden sword as he stood up then moved to help up the other girl. Once that was done, he cracked his knuckles with a slight grin.

"I'm ready, you won't get the better of me." Davice took a ready stance with both of his palms open in a sort of Pencak Silat based fighting style. He waited to see if Talon was still raring to fight.

Talon blinked at Davice's toughness and smiled "well if you got another round in you sure why not?" Talon hopped into a fighting stance her fist's up and ready to fight. Talon was still worried about his condition, but in a real fight you should never hold back not even for a friend. This time talon waits for the first move.

(are you a flawless? I can't find the profile)

(Bloodrose survivor. Page 2 of characters sheet, My character is just underneath yours.)

"I won't be showing any restraint this time, neither should you. It'll be like an actual fight until one of us quits or is unable to continue, let's just not kill each other." He leaned back slightly, putting his weight onto his left foot.

"I almost forgot, you can call me Alinko." It was fairly typical of him to forget to introduce himself, especially given his current activity. "Come at me and don't hold back. I assure that I can take anything you throw at me."

(Kay. Sorry I seriously cant find the character page!!)

Talon smiled at this and threw a 50 kg weight at Alinko. "I'll tell you mine if you beat me." She grabs two more and tosses them at him chagrining forward fists up.

(Sorry I have to go to class I'll be back in like 5 hours sorry...) 
(okay class is boring I have some time lets to this)

Talon lunges with a few fast jabs at his chest area aiming for his ribs. She once ripped our a man's ribs with her bare hands, or so the stories go. She loved brawling and wondered why she sparring stopped with others. Being the most cheerful she took on the job of mother, not that she minded, she just takes responsibility.

Davice ducked the first weight, somewhat shocked that someone had thrown a piece of weight lifting equipment at him. There was a first for everything he supposed. He dove to his right to dodge the other two weights.

Speed has always been Davice's strong suite, that and his virtually unmatched technique. Using quick reflexes, Davice parried the first punch by swatting the wrist with the edge of his hand then followed up by pressing his palms into Talon's elbows. Direct assaults were the easiest to repel. With a brilliant show of flexibility, Davice brought his leg between the two, over his head, and kicked forward. He would then bring his foot down to heel smash Talon's face, keeping his hands at the ready for a technical grapple or escape.

Talon equally paired in reflexes, but chose strength over speed but that didn't mean she was stupid. Talon slumped down and slid between what would have been his legs if one wasn't over his head. In a swift movement she grabbed his other leg that was on the ground and pulled, hard. Still holding his leg she begins to spin him around and when she got enough momentum she let him fly.

Feeling himself go airborne, Davice went with his first instinct. Tuck and roll. He hit the matted floor somewhat hard but avoided any injuries that might hinder his capabilities. Rolling back to his feet, he decided to readjust his combat style again. Previously, he was relying on parrying and fast strikes. His sparring partner however, seemed to prefer to keep him out of effective strike range, only closing the gap for a quick, heavy assault then going at range once more. It was effective but a pattern nonetheless and patterns could be turned around.

From a low squatting position, Davice dashed in, keeping his center of mass low to the floor to make difficulty of lifting him into the air. He closed the distance in no time and dove for Talon's shins, twisting his body around at the last moment to sweep the legs out from under her. One leg was lifted a few feet higher to catch her even during a jump.

(Wish somebody else would post something, a group rp is a bit dull when only two people are posting)

Talon was surprised at this action and as she toppled and fell to the ground she twisted her body around and kicked him with a donkey kick. The recoil caused her to roll away from Davice. She darted to the right, grabbed two more weights, these about 100 kg and threw them at Davice. "Changing tactics are we? Don't think you can win with your mind alone."

(yeah it kind of is)

Davice barrel rolled out of the two incoming weights and stood up. "Adaptation is my greatest strength. The longer a battle continues, the more I'll adjust until my adversary runs out of advantages. How will you handle an opponent that can assume any style of combat?"

With one foot, Davice picked up one of the 100 kg weights, balancing it perfectly on top of his foot, then flung it towards Talon with a swift kick. Then, he immediately took to a left flank, figuring that he had a 50/50 chance of out maneuvering her if a dodge was attempted. He dove for her with full might, aiming for the solar plexus for an immediate take down. A definite take down was all he needed to steal victory.

(Uhm, please do not control my character. Davice wasn't at all using his hands for the attack so a punch to anywhere would not happen. He was going to tackle Talon to the ground by ramming the solar plexus area, the center of mass for humans and a large nerve network located just above tbe waist)

((Sorry...I've been busy with School and last time I posted my character was ignored I believe so I just kinda let you two do your thing))

(I am so done with fighting, pleas just shoot us or something.... I'm going to bed, but I will respond to you in the morning. Good night)

Erika scoffed, crossing her arms watching the two fight out whatever they chose to be doing.

She had been ignored for the past few grueling minutes and she was done with being a side note.

"Are we done doing pointless things?"

She asked gruffly bringing her sniper around her shoulder and securing the strap. Her grey eyes staring heavily at the two flawless, impression obviously no where to be seen on her features. This was a headache and for a brief moment she wondered where the rest of the crowd was. Surely there were more than the three in the training room. In fact, the blonde was sure of it. Eri's gaze traveled from the girl towards the guy. At least both of them seemed to be able to hold their own in a fight. Checking the clock the young sniper chewed on the inside of her cheek debating whether or not to hunt down the others and drag their lazy butts in for training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back