Humor I'm thinking about applying to Harvard

Hall Kervean

Two Thousand Club
Don't actually want to go, mind you. I don't think I'd last a year.
But I think it'd be cool to get accepted there and some community college and then go to the community college.
Plus, it'd be funny.

A couple reasons.
1. I realize I won't actually last very long there, academically. I'm not cut out for work that is that hard.
2. It'd be funny to record me lighting a Harvard acceptance letter on fire before framing some community college acceptance letter.

Last edited:
I mean, the acceptance rate is only like 5.4% so it's highly highly statistically unlikely you'll get accepted but ey like the other dude said there's not much to lose in trying.

Exactly. I think I actually have the GPA to get in (as of right now. My Geometry EOC may change that, and so far it's doing a fantastic job of royally screwing me over).

Exactly. I think I actually have the GPA to get in (as of right now. My Geometry EOC may change that, and so far it's doing a fantastic job of royally screwing me over).
it's not even that that made me reconsider applying Ivy. Places like that, high-stress and high competition, they will not make you a better person if you are susceptible to pressure-related issues. But for me, school like Harvard contain a lot of people that consider themselves alpha male or alpha female. What happens when you throw a bunch of alphas together? Chaos.

it's not even that that made me reconsider applying Ivy. Places like that, high-stress and high competition, they will not make you a better person if you are susceptible to pressure-related issues. But for me, school like Harvard contain a lot of people that consider themselves alpha male or alpha female. What happens when you throw a bunch of alphas together? Chaos.
Never fun to be part of drama.

But often pretty funny to watch it!
Again, I probably wouldn't actually go there, but that's actually a bonus.
Introvert=don't get involved and be part of drama, but get to watch it or hear about it.

If you don't want to go it's not even worth the application fee. I applied only to reach schools that I actually liked the atmosphere of, even though I knew I wouldn't last a semester. If you're an introvert, especially a conservative introvert, you're going to have a terrible time there. Judging by the people in my class who went to Ivy league schools and my visits during high school it really seems like Ivy leagues aren't for nerdy geniuses anymore, they are for the rich, high-school-popular kids who are psychotically competitive. Seems like a lot of work writing essays and getting recommendations for a bonfire.

A few reasons.
1. As a conservative, going to what is almost the liberal center of the world is like Frodo walking through the gates into Mordor.

To be fair, it really isn't as liberal in comparison to the UCs especially Berkeley and Santa Cruz. These guys are like the definition of extreme left tbh.

If you don't want to go, don't waste the good people's time. You could take up the slot of someone who genuinely wants to go to the school
I am pretty sure however that this is just a troll.

That isnt trolling
Trolling is harmless
that could really fuck up someone's plans for their lives.
:3
And I originally planned to apply, get accepted, and then send a letter telling them I won't be attending.
Of course, if the college I actually want to go to won't accept me, then hey, I have Harvard as a backup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back