• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help I'm so frustrated with this right now...

RageOfInfinity

Improbability is a bad reason to disbelieve
How do you alter the code of a single tab without blocking out the code of the other tabs? I'll edit one tab and it'll look fantastic but when I move to the next tab, it just won't show its content, no matter what I do.

edit: Here's what I have so far. Clicking on the other tabs reveal nothing.

[class=tabs] background-color: #509cf7; border-radius: 2px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #000088; box-sizing: border-box; color: #e4eeff; font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1; margin: 0 auto; min-width: 300px; text-align: center; width: 100%; [/class] [class=tab] box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; padding: 5px 0; width: 20%; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] background-color: #2b7abb; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} Information) (show tabsContentInformation) if (eq ${currentTab} Rules) (show tabsContentRules) if (eq ${currentTab} Applications) (show tabsContentApplications) if (eq ${currentTab} Characters) (show tabsContentCharacters) if (eq ${currentTab} Lore) (show tabsContentLore) [/script] [div class=tabs][div class=tab style="border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px;"]Information[/div][div class=tab]Rules[/div][div class=tab]Applications[/div][div class=tab]Characters[/div][div class=tab style="border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px;"]Lore[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentInformation"]
Hello
[div class="tabsContent tabsContentRules" style="display: none;"]A few rules you should follow in this roleplay.
[div class="tabsContent tabsContentApplications" style="display: none;"]Character Application[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentCharacters" style="display:none;"]A list of Characters[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentLore" style="display:none;"]Lore[/div][/div] [/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentInformation"][/div]

RageOfInfinity RageOfInfinity I informed you of this issue you had before, you're not closing your DIV tags properly.

Can you be direct? Instead of telling me "You're doing this wrong" can you say where it's wrong? I've been messing with this code all day, and honestly, I just threw the last iteration of it in this because I'm too frustrated to make it look as pretty as possible.

Look closely.
[div class="tabsContent tabsContentInformation"]
[div=background: url('https://media.giphy.com/media/O0QCryNMAqiVW/giphy.gif'); background-size: cover;]
[div=background-color: rgba(131, 3, 3,.5); width: 50%; border: 1 px solid #1F0C5A; margin: 0 auto;]
[div=margin: 0 auto; border-bottom: 1px solid #1F0C5A;][h]Hello[/h][/div]
[/div]

Count the div compared to the /divs

Rather than just correcting it for you this time I'm trying to encourage you to re-look at the code.

I try using the correct amount of closing tags, but then for some reason, they show up in the output. It's not that I didn't put them there to begin with, it's that once it's all in the code, the site acts like it's redundant. Keep in mind, I program regular HTML and CSS, as well, and I've made customizable tumblr themes. I have no clue why I have so much trouble with BBC. I'm not just barely learning to code. It's this site. I don't even mean that in a bad way. I like to learn, and I like a challenge. But when I waste a whole day on a few lines of code that simply won't work, it frustrates me.

Its because you put the closing divs at the end of your code.

Make sure you keep RTE off when you're coding.

I try using the correct amount of closing tags, but then for some reason, they show up in the output. It's not that I didn't put them there to begin with, it's that once it's all in the code, the site acts like it's redundant. Keep in mind, I program regular HTML and CSS, as well, and I've made customizable tumblr themes. I have no clue why I have so much trouble with BBC. I'm not just barely learning to code. It's this site. I don't even mean that in a bad way. I like to learn, and I like a challenge. But when I waste a whole day on a few lines of code that simply won't work, it frustrates me.
The DIV tag works exactly like a div style. [div=background-color:#fff;color:#fff;]text[/div] is the exact same as <div style="background-color:#fff;color:#fff;">text</div>
So just treat is as such because it functions the exact same way if you are familiar with CSS/HTML.

The question of vanishing/redundant tags can come from a variety of things. If your RTE is set to be on (the little cog wheel) it will try to automatically fix any open tags by closing them at the very end resulting in a horrible coding mess that isn't worth cleaning up half the time.

Or you are missing closing the divs somewhere and went to click to hard save it to the post over preview, the divs that aren't properly closed will close at the end on its own that way.

The section I told you to count the divs for shows that you are missing 2 closing div tags. That is literally what is causing the entire problem because leaving them open the code thinks everything else goes inside as well.

[class=tabs] background-color: #509cf7; border-radius: 2px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #000088; box-sizing: border-box; color: #e4eeff; font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1; margin: 0 auto; min-width: 300px; text-align: center; width: 100%; [/class] [class=tab] box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; padding: 5px 0; width: 20%; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] background-color: #2b7abb; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} Information) (show tabsContentInformation) if (eq ${currentTab} Rules) (show tabsContentRules) if (eq ${currentTab} Applications) (show tabsContentApplications) if (eq ${currentTab} Characters) (show tabsContentCharacters) if (eq ${currentTab} Lore) (show tabsContentLore) [/script] [div class=tabs][div class=tab style="border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px;"]Information[/div][div class=tab]Rules[/div][div class=tab]Applications[/div][div class=tab]Characters[/div][div class=tab style="border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px;"]Lore[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentInformation"]
Hello
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentRules" style="display: none;"]A few rules you should follow in this roleplay.[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentApplications" style="display: none;"]Character Application[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentCharacters" style="display:none;"]A list of Characters[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentLore" style="display:none;"]Lore[/div]

So here is the correction.

Thank you for the comment. I didn't know the RTE did that. no wonder it was frustrating me so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back