I'm saving up for a PS3, any place I can get one for a decent price?

Komaeda

I'm a Nintendo, but all the good anime games are on the PS3. So I decided to save up for one. The cheapest price I could find is for $300. Since I have issues saving money I was wondering if there was a place I could get one cheaper. Preferably not used unless it comes from a good place, because used electronics are iffy.

I was also wondering if anyone knew where I could get Idolmaster and Project Diva for decent price too. I don't care if they're not translated or not.

Thanks for your help in advance :3

You can get one for much cheaper over on amazon.com. Granted they're probably used, but if you want cheap that's the only way to go...

Actually I went to GameStop and the person in charge said that the 250 GB was their best offer at $120. That's my best offer so far because buying used consoles can be iffy.

Well, as I said, if you want the cheapest, you'll have to get used.

On the GameStop thing, did you ask in it was used or new? As New is, more often, more expensive then used.

I didn't ask whether it was used or new but she said "our ps3s" so probably not used but idk

The thing is, when they say stuff like that it can be either/or. I bought a DS from them a while ago, and they said "our" then as well, turns out it was a used one that lasted around 2 weeks. If you want new, then you have to specify that you want new, as they sometimes push the used stuff first, so they have inventory space for new stuff.

Yeah, at $120, I'm betting it's used. I sold my PS3 recently to a local store for $75, and I saw it on the shelf when I stopped by a few weeks later for $115. I wouldn't go through GameStop for anything, frankly. Sometimes I preorder games there, 'cause it's a quick bus ride away from my dorm when I'm at college, or I pick stuff up new if it's cheap enough. Really, I'd say your best bet would be a small game store. Do you know of any local place that does trade-ins or that sells games? They tend to be cheaper, have a better selection, and will also offer you some reasonable in-store credit if you have any Nintendo games you'd be willing to trade-in to cushion your wallet a bit.

Amazon might also be cheap, but then you need to worry about shipping costs. Plus, depending on the seller, it might be packaged poorly. Sadly, it's not an easy thing to just be able to point you in the right direction, but I do hope you can do a search for a local store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back