Other "I'm new to the site but I've been RPing for..."

I first started rping on youtube gameplays where me and a bunch of other people would make our own extended universe, I found out that I enjoyed it a lot so I started looking for sites. At the time I wasn't looking for huge groups and looked at small sites, but those got boring so I decided to look for bigger sites and I ended up here

When I was much younger, I discovered RP on a virtual pet site. Also had a few who did it over Notes on DeviantArt. Then I joined this huge ass wolf roleplay where of you didn't post a certain amount a day you were killed off and your account was removed. Getting involved in that one was difficult.

Heya! I've mostly roleplayed on skype and discord, though my very first roleplay was on minecraft. I started at age 13 or 14, and I've enjoyed roleplay as a pastime ever since! I'm hoping this site will be great to roleplay on, I was told about it by a friend.

oh boy, time to list all the places I’ve rped in...

Kik, discord, instagram, tumblr, Omegle (don’t judge me i was bored), Skype, emails, MMOs, and a mountainload of sites. Currently active in another site besides this one to boot, but it’s the only site that I know of (beyond this place ofc) that is still alive and thriving.

Gaia Online, MMOs, Discord RPs. Gaia is lame, MMOs are boring, and Discord's RP userbase seemingly both died and blew up in the past month and I don't know how to explain it...quality isn't there, response time isn't there, but everyone is joining something.

:|

+1 for Gaia Online. I only participated in 2 guilds exactly out of the thousands there, as they were the only ones worth my time, and actually active. I was in a 1x1 for months until admin came along and deleted the guild for no reason. Killed my vibe since, bc we lost pages of RP, lol. At least the previous management ditched, and now the original staff and dev came and took over again (i.e Lanzer).

Yikes, confession time. I was part of an online education/homeschool group that had a very active forum. One of those forums was for creative writing. A lot of people posted books, screenplays, poetry, etc...then one day it turned into Rping. Those were some of the most dedicated writers and players I have ever met. The stories were engaging, original, unique, and an absolute treat to read and participate in. Only you graduated out of the forum at a certain age...

Evryone held on to everyone else's emails and we carried on via AOL messenger or email. People gradually fell out of contact, but most of us became REALLY good friends. My current partner is left over and survived AOL, flip phone text responses, yahoo messenger, skype and more. Now, 15+ years later we are on Discord :)

I am on one other forum. Its great.

Most heartwarming thing I read today. <3

I started off doing a lot of fandom rp on Facebook (made some character accounts before Facebook needed identity confirmation) as well the odd spur of the moment thing on Omegle (nothing dirty, just typed in fandoms and the like in “common interests” and tried my luck). Most of it was short things that spanned at most a week though, which was a little sad.

Most heartwarming thing I read today. <3

Its difficult not to get nostalgic about it! Some of the stories on there were epic. Sometimes we would have 5 writers or more, all co-operating to make a seamless, well written and thought out story. You could really tell this group of teens cared about the quality of their writing! I can't remember most of the stories, but one JUST finished up 15 years later. We're keeping it alive to 'fluff' with our beloved characters. After putting them through hell we figured they deserve to deal with the monotony of every day life xD
"Well we saved the multiverse..."
"Shit...now what?"

As for the forum, sadly the next generation came in and they were much less invested. They were kind of the first wave of trolls. They would shit post, deliberately interrupt, spam, try to derail the story. Since it was a homeschool group and since they had the resources, the moderators actually made a separate 'writers' forum for us to fix the problem. It was invite only and you had to have a phone interview with the moderator.

Me personally i started on Miiverse of all places, then moved to A warrior cats place, not sure if it's the ame one, but it died out. I moved to it's sister site but... never could get anything off the ground and now i'm here. It's been 4 years since i started and i regret this not being my first. I probably would have actually learned how to write from others instead of poorly self-teaching.

*Flashes back to dozens of RP groupchats stored on a flip phone*

Yeah, where would anyone like... even... ooh boy

I started RolePlaying on a site called Quotev back when I was 12. Quotev is a writing site like Wattpad (I refer to it as hipster Wattpad :P), but where you find writers you usually also find RolePlayers, especially since the site has an interesting forum section, which it calls groups. I've also RolePlayed through email and Skype a few times, but most of my RolePlays have occurred on Quotev.

used to roleplay on chickensmoothie but the mods are really strict on me and it pissed me off so i moved over here. also the whole 'no cursing' rule thing was easily forgotten for me haha, i just kind of grew out of it but the roleplay boards were nice a while ago, dunno about now. i used to do tumblr rps in private message but its arguably harder to find rp partners on there :- / i also used to go on quotev a lot but as of late i just keep forgetting it exists which is why i haven't gone back.

Came from old sites like BBA and what not, but since then have bounced around to damn there about everything over the past ten years. Mainly on forums~

IRC channels and some dying MUDs... but the sites where I felt at home were good old DsiPaint, SocialNeko, and Flipnote Hatena.
Oh! And there was a small forum created for a Flipnote Hatena series that had some good RP.

I've been in a nice RP semi-recently in fanfiction.net PMs.

+1 for Gaia Online. I only participated in 2 guilds exactly out of the thousands there, as they were the only ones worth my time, and actually active. I was in a 1x1 for months until admin came along and deleted the guild for no reason. Killed my vibe since, bc we lost pages of RP, lol. At least the previous management ditched, and now the original staff and dev came and took over again (i.e Lanzer).
I'll jump on the +1 for Gaia Online. Little 14 year old me was a big fan.

Haha, I still visit the site, even now. Many of the current users, in fact, are people who grew up on the platform.
Some times I get nostalgic and poke my head in but I have a rough time finding a satisfying RP so it's normally a short lived trip down memory lane. Although I always go and do the jigsaw puzzle game. It's so weirdly satisfying.

I can't be the only transplant from RPGChat.com? That shit was lit back in the day. I guess they just recently went under as it was a ghost town in recent years and now the URL goes nowhere :'(. RIP

Some times I get nostalgic and poke my head in but I have a rough time finding a satisfying RP so it's normally a short lived trip down memory lane. Although I always go and do the jigsaw puzzle game. It's so weirdly satisfying.

Ever since zOMG went back up, and Lanzer--along with the original managment--returned, updates have been seen, and people are starting to come back one by one. I don't plan on wasting time finding an RP on Gaia until they update the entire forum system, which has been raised in priority, as of currently.

Roleplayer Guild and Iwaku are the most popular next to RPN.

I started RPing when I was 9, on YouTube. Back before google bought YouTube, you could customize your channel page and add fancy backgrounds of your characters and bios in the About Me section.

After Google bought YouTube and messed up the channel look, I moved to FeralHeart, which is a game. Kind of just a big chat room. Yes, I started of roleplaying animals (not furries, I started with wolves and Warrior Cats).

After my FeralHeart friends left, I found RP Guild and then Iwaku, and through Iwaku I found RPN.

I’ve spent more time on the other two but RPN seems more of my type now. Iwaku is nice but RPG has so much drama, not to mention a lot of people require E-RP (and they REQUIRE it or they won’t even consider RPing with you). I’m old enough for ERP but I don’t like it. That’s why I’m on RPN now, because it’s not allowed.

Not to mention I noticed more people know about Warrior Cats here than anywhere else. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back