Advice/Help i'm new to forums and seeking help on how i should handle these types of things

lakio

Unlucky Member
the title kinda says it all but all i'm really asking is "how should i organize rp's?" and "is there any form of etiquette i should be aware of?"

Hello there!

Welcome to RPN!

We have an awesome tutorial that gives some small definition and gist of what’s forum roleplaying here:
- Info - Introduction to RpNation, Forums, and Roleplaying
They also have terms that are often used around the site that could help methinks!

If you haven’t taken a looksee yet and would like to, I linked a thread that can assist in helping members roleplay on RPN and it also includes how to organise your threads!
- How to Create a Roleplay

You’ll most likely first have to decide if you’re searching for a one-on-one roleplay, group roleplay, dice, and quest. Whichever you pick, you’ll first create an interest check and place it in their respective Recruit Here sub-forum. An interest check acts like an “on-site advertisement” for potential partners.

For one-on-one roleplays, most discussions of the roleplay will be in your conversation messages inbox and you and your partner can decide to write in threads or conversation.

For group roleplays, once there’s enough interest that you deem to be enough for the roleplay, you can create an Out of Character thread (OOC), Character Sheet (CS) thread, etc. in the Extra Pages forum in the Roleplays category.
Note: The link may have shown you that there’s seperate sections for OOC, Character, etc. but it’s changed since then and it’s all under (1) umbrella in Extra Pages.

I’m not too versed in quest and dice roleplays but I believe they generally have the same organization in terms of using either an Extra Page thread for OOC or conversation message.

If you find you need more threads for your roleplay but it doesn’t fit the spaces already in place at the top of the threads,, creating threadmarks and using them as tabs could help.
- Threadmark Tutorial [with Images]

Regarding etiquette in general, we have our recruitment rules that has some information regarding thread placements, thread hijacking, etc. that can be found here:
- Recruitment Rules

If I recall, necro-ing an old thread is something staff would prefer for us not to do since if it’s a dead recruitment thread and the thread hasn’t been active for over a year, its best to reboot the thread than bring it back. But, I’m not quite sure where it says that 100% so perhaps someone can bring that up too!

I hope this helps a bit more but if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back