Ilvermorny School of Withcraft and Wizardry - RP Zone

Euonia

Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Ilvermorny was founded during the early seventeenth century after 1620, 630 years after Hogwarts, and the school was originally just a rough shack containing two teachers and two students. Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is the American wizarding school,located on Mount Greylock in modern day Massachusetts. It accepts students from all over North America. Students of this school, as at Hogwarts, are sorted into four house; Horned Serpent, Wampus, Thunderbird and Pukwudgie.

It's the first year at the North American Wizarding School Ilvermorny!

When a student turns up dead in the sorting chamber only a few hours with an unknown rune carved into her chest the teachers don't know what to do. They lock-down the school and instruct all the students to be on curfew. The MACUSA start to investigate but the students can't shake the feeling that something is being kept from them and what does it all have to do with the new teacher? The students must band together to try and save their school and themselves.

(Bad at summaries I apologize)

:)   Please don't post until I say :)  

You're hands shook as you read the letter, the small cream colored parchment that had arrived on you're 11th birthday, maybe you had been expecting it or maybe it opened up a whole other world to you. Either way this letter was the start of everything, it was the start of you're time at Ilvermorny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

(First posts need to include: Sorting ceremony, wand choosing and then just ending up in the banquet. Sorry if that seems a bit rushed or fixed it's just because I think the banquet is the best place to start in respects of the plot.)

ff92c56b4587b0919e9427ec4f06f41a.jpg

The students were all crammed into the sorting room, the first years waiting anxiously behind the great oak door hidden from the view of the older students. The four stone carvings stood proudly at the edge of the room, the gordian knot in the center gleaming in the moonlight. Older students waited for the ceremony with a sense of nostalgia remembering when it was their turn to be sorted into their house, how they shook slightly hoping they would get the house they wanted, some may have feared they wouldn't even get a house, and how when the carving chose them they couldn't hide their pride whether it was the Horned Serpent, Wampus, Pukwudgie or Thunderbird that had chose them. The blue and cranberry robes billowed carelessly against the legs of the new students as they walked forward, each of them anticipating the sorting ceremony to come.

The nervous chatter of the new students suddenly stopped as the professor leading them cleared his throat and declared rather loudly, "When your name is called, you are to step forward into the middle of the room. Once you have been sorted into your respective house, you will continue into the next room to choose your wand." The professor would clear his throat again, preparing to call out the named on his list. "We will start with.."

Mae Wood

Mae sat in the room nervously tapping her feet against the stone floor, eyeing up her fellow-first years. She thought about which house she would be sorted into Pukwudgie or Wampus wouldn't be that bad... When Mae's name was called to be sorted she started shaking slightly as she took trembling steps towards the gordian knot, she looked up at the statues that represented each house and marveled at their beauty. A sudden movement caught her attention and she noticed the older students gathered on the balcony going around the edge of the room, she gave them a small nervous smile before blushing and looking down at the ground well that was stupid. Her foot tapped absently as she waited for the sorting to happen, anxiously biting her lip she frowned and waited for something to happen. They could have at least explained to us how it works... 

Her eyes moved from statue to statue hoping something would do something, what if I haven't been chosen by any house... Mae shook her head to try and rid herself of those thoughts, her mind started to go blank as she raced through the worst possible scenarios that could be happening right now, but a sudden movement behind her jerked her out of her thoughts. Without warning the Wampus statue that was situated behind her roared, signifying she had been sorted into a house How did it even do that? It's stone...well magic of course but still...it's stone... Some of the older students cheered whilst others clapped politely, she grinned and headed towards the wand room through two small oak doors where a small man was waiting for her.

He gave her a small smile before dramatically gesturing to the room they were inside. Mae was less nervously now she had been sorted into a house and looked around the room, there were wands everywhere and countless wand boxes. Mae was excited at the prospect of finally getting her own wand, the man hurried towards her and said with a bright smile "Hold out you're arm please." he flicked his wand towards a measuring tape and it burst to life and measured her arm, she watched the man with interest but he seemed to be in his own thoughts, muttering to himself. She was slightly bemused by his eccentric behavior but she tried not to laugh as she didn't really want to be rude. He turned back to face her and started to ask her questions "What are your strengths....biggest fear? How would people describe you...ah!" he spat out questions at her, but before she could answer him he started to answer them himself himself. "Yes yes, of course, let's try....this!" And with that, a long, narrow box appeared in his hands. The box was a deep red oak, with a golden buckle he smirked at gave her a mock bow as he presented her with the wand. "See how it feels!" He called out, Mae opened the box with shaking hands and took out the wand, she waved it around in the air for a second and felt a surge of energy flare up inside her. The wand quivered a bit although Mae didn't know if that was because she was shaking or the wand itself, a small jet of light burst out of the tip of the wand and the man nodded at her looking pleased with himself "I knew it! I told myself...Cedar...rougaru hair...I nearly said wampus hair but no! I knew..I told myself...This wand is powerful, well they all are but still! This is you're wand." He gave her a small smile before frowning "Off you go then? Shoo!" 

She frowned at his sudden change in attitude, she tucked the wand into her robe sleeve not knowing where to put it, and headed inside the banquet hall and took a seat there was a few older students dotted around who had chosen to miss the sorting ceremony or who had gotten bored. She headed to the Wampus table and took a seat on the bench

(Sorry that the end bit there was rubbish but considering they all would have been sorted one at a time there wasn't much I could do.)

Elijah Prewett 

Elijah awkwardly shoved past the other students to try and get a decent spot to watch the sorting ceremony, last year he had been stuck at the back and couldn't see a thing due to the fact he was a midget but he had had a growth spurt during the holidays which meant this year he could actually see. He got to the front and leaned against the small wooden railing how does this even stop us from falling he waited for the students to be sorted and hoped that Thunderbird would get some new blood this year. Last year they hadn't gotten that many people so he hoped this year would be different. 

He opened his mouth to address the person next to him when everyone went silent, their headmaster Agilbert Fontantine was addressing them and Elijah couldn't help but grimace. He didn't know why but the headmaster was one of the few teachers at Ilvermorny he disliked and he was somewhat certain the feeling was mutual. He drummed against the wooden railing with his fingers and watched the first first year took their hesitant steps towards the gordian knot. He thought about his sorting: he had been excited but nervous, he had expected to be chosen by Horned serpent or Wampus but was chosen by Thunderbird. It seemed strange to him to think about if he hadn't been sorted into Thunderbird as he loved his house now, it was his family. And it suited him perfectly, but the teachers would probably have fewer grey hairs if Elijah hadn't been sorted into Thunderbird. Shrugging he turned his attention back to the sorting and watched as the students got sorted. Whenever a Thunderbird was chosen he cheered at the top of his lungs whilst for the other houses he would clap politely. It wasn't out of rudeness he was just proud of his house.

After the ceremony he walked through the wooden doors on the sides of the balcony's and headed down the stairs which lead to the banquet hall. Grinning he took a seat towards the end of their table. The tables filled the length of the room, four of them in total so there was one for each house and the house symbol was carved into each table to signify who's it was. Whilst at the front of the banquet hall in the center facing the students there was the professors table with the headmaster's chair smack bang in the middle.

GALLERIA DANTE

Galleria Dante fiddled incessantly with the clasp of her blue and cranberry coloured robes, ensuring that the clasp sat directly in the middle and not an inch off. That, at least, was what she was telling herself. In truth, the young girl was only being so obsessive because she was nervous about the sorting ceremony. Her parents had only sent her off to Mount Greylock reluctantly and had a clear idea of the house they wished her to be chosen for: Horned Serpent, the most prestigious house and the one named by Isolt Sayre herself, rumoured descendant of the great Salazar Slytherin. Galleria's younger brother Antonius had teased her relentlessly, insisting that she would be placed in Pukwudgie, the most shameful house founded by a filthy no-maj nonetheless! Galleria winced at the thought of being placed in that house, but as she stood staring up at the stone statues, she admitted that the creature with its poison arrow did look quite majestic.

Her name was soon called. She wasn't sure if it was just imagination, but some of the students around her and on the balcony stirred at hearing her name. The look of fear some wizards got at her family name had always confused her. Never mind, that was not something to dwell on. She stepped onto the gordian knot with a mix of trepidation and excitement. What if the Pukwudgie did choose her? The shame would be too great. She closed her eyes briefly and as she opened them her heart sank to see the arrow was raised. The house she wanted least had been the only house to pick her.

Galleria's face flushed with embarrassment, and she stepped off into the wand room as quickly as she dared, looking surly and mopey as the tape measure began taking measurements. She barely took notice of anything until she received her wand (elm and phoenix feather, eleven inches). She thanked the wand maker in a sort of dignified mumble and headed off to take her seat in the banquet hall, not particualrly wanting to sit with her new house, but not having much of a choice.

Perhaps she could fool her parents into believing she was in Horned Serpent? At least until Antonius started Ilvermorny...

Professor Malus

Today Taron knew was going to be more than likely lousy. It was the Sorting Day, which meant the squeakers and students would return to the school for the first time.Usually he looked forward to this time of the year, but now he dreaded it with a passion. There was to be a professors meeting around lunch, then for the teachers to take care of their assignments, his being supervising the front gate.

After what seemed like hours in the damn meeting, Malus finally set off towards his office. Grabbing his usually worn black trench coat, he opened his desk drawer to reveal a prized possession of his, a small golden coin. The edges were bent from wear and tear, and multiple scratches on the faces, but none of that mattered to him. "Hello Mr. Taron, finally your back. I knew you wouldn't leave me dormit on such a exciting day as today!" Sighing, he pocketed the coin, he didn't reply to the voice in his head as he set off towards the front gate.

Flipping up his sleek golden pocket watch, quickly reading the time as 6:00, Taron tucked it neatly back in his vest. Crossing his arms, he saw what looked to be the students in the horizon. "You better get me one tonight Mr. Taron, or i'll have to do it myself dear."

[SIZE= 16px]Willow Raine Ecvander [/SIZE]

Sorting Day was always a nostalgic event for a particular, young Wampus brunette. Standing tall among many others, Willow Ecvander peered down below with wide verdant optics. Her hands were clenched into tiny fists as she watched each young individual step up to the center in high hopes of getting chosen by their favored house. The sight roused a sleeping memory in Willow's mind. Just two years ago, she had been in that exact position. Only back then, she was far more lost than a few, timid and confused students. Thinking back on it now, Willow was sure that her seniors thought she would fit into Pukwudgie, only to later learn that they were so wrong.

Her first day and current day in Ilvermorny contrasted greatly. Exactly two years from this date, Willow had stumbled into the center of the room, more lost than any other individual in her term. It was to her shame that she had been the only one to jolt and shout in surprise when the Wampus statue roared just as the Pukwudgie statue's arrow twitched. So great was her shock, that the young babe had actually fallen onto her bottom, blinking in surprise. She did not understand why some students exclaiming - both in cheer and disbelief. By the time she processed what had happened, she had already been pushed towards the Dining hall where the other students of House Wampus sat.

That day had been the start of a very rough first year. Now that she was in the third, Willow had more or less gotten the hang of things. She smiled warmly at the memory.

Elizabeth Darkwind and Richard West 

The eldest and youngest children of the Darkwind and West families stood amongst the crowd of students watching the sorting ceremony from above. Both children clapping along with the other students whenever a student was chosen by one of the four statues. Richard leaned against the railing, trying to get a good look at the children waiting to be sorted to see who seemed like good material for Thunderbird house and who didn't. His house had gotten very few new members last year, and all he could do was hope things changed. So far, no one had been sorted into Thunderbird, but that was probably just because only three children had been sorted. The Thunderbird boy knew he was just being paranoid, but he couldn't help it. He loved his house and wanted it to win this year's house cup, and that would be complicated without any new first years to work with, not to mention the fact their Thunderbird first years seemed to be more reckless and eager to break the rules than children from houses like Horned Serpent and Pukwudgie. Still, this didn't stop him from clapping along with the others whenever someone was sorted. He might've been disappointed, but he wasn't a sore loser. He didn't know those two children, and one never new when and where a new friend could be found. He wasn't going to let house rivalry stand in the way of meeting new students. 

Elizabeth, on the other hand, showed more enthusiasm when the other children were sorted, despite the fact Horned Serpent had yet to receive any new members. She cheered and clapped with the Wampus and Pukwudgie students when the first couple of children were sorted into their houses. She couldn't say her fellow housemates showed the same enthusiasm towards the new members of the other houses, but she couldn't blame them. After all, their house needed new members just as much as the others did and it was discouraging to see there weren't as many scholars as there used to be. Elizabeth wasn't happy about this either, but she had to be reasonable. Only two children had been sorted so far, and she knew there had to be more first years to come. At least one of them had to be a Horned Serpent. But she wouldn't be showing so much joy if it weren't for her new status as a member of the student council. She'd been chosen by the council to join after they realised a large portion of their members would be leaving because of graduation and they needed to start refilling positions, and they believed Elizabeth could be a worthy member. This was meant to be her first complete year as an official member, and she wanted the other students ( most importantly teachers and fellow council members) to see she valued the other houses just as much as she loved her house. She couldn't have others thinking she preferred Horned Serpent whenever she made an important decision.  

The sorting ceremony eventually came to an end and both siblings walked towards the banquet hall together, knowing they would have a few minutes together before their friends arrived. They liked each other, they really did, but after an entire summer of being separated from their friends they both wanted a break from each other. Their parents weren't exactly happy to see their children had friends. Not because they came from important families, but because they thought their betrayals had come from outsiders. They believed everything that had happened had been the cause of an outsider betraying their trust. Thus, they tried to stick to ones they were especially loyal to and tried to stay away from others. Their summer had been a boring haze filled with traveling, arguing and boredom. Both Elizabeth and Richard gave their friends smiles and quickly sat down next to them once they were spotted in their respective tables.

Samuel Gyed Balk

" Sammi "

Sammi hought he might throwup, or faint, or maybe even throwup then faint over the pure excitement that bubbled through his veins. His nervous energy was spent through attempting to see a little better over his peers or simply rocking on his heels, though his actions didn't really do much for his thoughts.

' Oh be still my beating heart! I hope everyone one else is excited as me, I really do. Maybe I'll find people who share my hobbies, or maybe I'll find people who'd like my Angel!... Speaking of my darling, when will we be able have letters sent to us or be able to send letters back? I'd hate to send my sweet baby across long distances and find out she can't stay... I did see a lot of good nesting trees outside maybe... 

Samuel's thoughts screeched to a halt as his name was called to enter the statues' circle, the third student to be sorted... Or at least that's what he thought... The center of the room was a lot quieter than being in the horde of fresh students... A panic-inducing silence. The silence felt so heavy, Sammi felt like he could cut it with a knife... Imagine his shock when the loud thunderous roar of the Wampus was contested with the sharp grinding of stone on stone from the Thunderbird. He thought he was seeing things, maybe the shock caused him to faint for three seconds,but Samuel could have sworn that the two statues were glaring at each other. Only about four seconds passed,but it felt like hours before the Thunderbird yielded? to the Wampus, almost like it was admitting defeat by returning to its original state. Sammi also admitting defeat by allowing himself to be directed to Wand Choosing, his face blank from just pure confusion of what just happened.

Wand Choosing was less eventful, but tricky. The man in charge of wand selection asked too many questions in Samuel's opinion, and several wands had literally dive-bombed an assistant teacher who happened to be scheduled to help if needed. Both Sammi and the assistant gave a sigh of relief when the teacher finally found the wand. It was a beautiful carved wand, its simple yet exquisite design was appealing, and the best of all was it behaved wonderful. After hearing what wood it was, Samuel gingerly held it, the wand that had chosen him was none other than 10 inch Cherry wood of a Dragon-Heartstring core. Only those with great self control and intelligence were able to weld such a powerful combination, or at least that's what the teacher said.

After tucking the wand gently into his sleeve as his parents taught him, he followed the crowd of students into the banquet hall, his eyes taking in all the architectural design of his new home before setting down on the Wampus table.

' Wonderful. Now just comes the battle of surviving the rest of today.  '

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back