• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

I'll be your warrior of care, your first warden I'll be your angel on call

ChampionOfTheMorningStar

The lunatic Fringe

You, you who has smiled when you're in pain

You who has soldiered through the profane

They were distracted and shut down

So why, why would you talk to me at all

Such words were dishonorable and in vain

Their promise as solid as a fog

And where was your watchman then

I'll be your keeper for life as your guardian

I'll be your warrior of care, your first warden

I'll be your angel on call, I'll be on demand

The greatest honor of all, as your guardian

You, you in the chaos feigning sane

You who has pushed beyond whats humane

Them as the ghostly tumbleweed

And where was your watchman then

Now no more smiling mid-crestfall

No more managing unmanageables

No more holding still in the hailstorm

Now enter your watchwoman

Alanis Morissette~ Guardian ~ Havoc and bright lights

@WildpeltTheCat

~

Spencer and his dad had gone out to the field that night. It was wends day yet their power was out. On Wednesdays they normally had a movie night. They were contented to just watch the stars for that moment. They were bundled against the cold of the oncoming winter. Things had begun to look up in the Quinn's lives lately, Spencer was taking courses in a local collage and they were leading to interest being peeked at several other university's. It was starting to look as though Spencer might be headed to Boston next year.

Noah had actually gotten a decent job, becoming a clerk at the local bank. It paid more than minimum and he was good at it. Like his son he had a bit of a head for numbers, unlike his son though he was a social creature. Within that time they were able to get the one thing that they had always wanted, a dog. The shelter had yielded a grey female mix. Whom they had named Hecate, after the Greek goddess of magic and the crossroads. She was about 7 mouths old, and around 150 lbs. She certainly was big, a lean. There was a certain amount of husky in her, her fur was soft and thick, but a deep smoky gray all around. Her face was shaped more like a German Shepard than a husky, and her eyes were a foggy yellow type. But bright with intelligence. Her paws were fairly large, but so was she, her head at about Spencer's belly button.

She lay very still at Spencer's feet, she had never needed a leash. Always she stayed near Spencer. Suddenly she lifted her head Ears standing straight she looked from side to side pushing herself from the ground she stared intently at the sky. Suddenly it was not a chilly end of Autumn morning. There was a blast of violently and yet comfortingly warm light. A star streaked across the sky growing closer and closer. Not far off it landed in the field. There was a puff of smoke like fire and then nothing. Noah stood his hand hesitantly in front of his son. Hecate ran, straight to the edge of the hole. That settled everything for Spencer and he stood, grabbing the supports he followed his dog to the edge.

The end of the support caught a rock and Spencer fell. Dizzily he slid down into the crater. Hecate jumped nimbly down, protecting her fallen master, she growled, her shoulders hunched and snout bubbled in firce instinct . Spencer winced and pushed himself up. His back hurt.

"Dad? Hecate?" He coughed into his elbow.

((Starters are normally a bit shorter than my norm....))

There are many people who try to compare falling to flying in reverse. Both involve going through the air. Both involved exhilarating stunts that would look like a death wish if preformed elsewhere. Some people even said that they would prefer to dive down and save themselves with a piece of floating cloth, rather than glide elegantly across the air waves. Some could say that flying and falling were the same thing, simply in opposite directions.

Nera was falling. Falling for her was not the same as flying. Her normally elegant armor and clothing were battered and burned. Her glorious white-blue wings were limp and shooting through the air as she plummeted. Her eyes were closed as she propelled downwards through the air, carving a stream of air as she fell. Fell hard towards the ground.

To the normal observer, she looked like a star that was flying towards the ground. The spot of light that was her grew larger as it fell. She spiralled and turned, having no direction in mind as she fell in a large spiral. Her body twisted and contorted to the air that was gripping her, keeping her trapped in its visceral and unrelenting embrace.

The ride stopped when she crashed hard into the ground. A mini tremor spread for miles out of the collision point, creating a miniature earthquake. In the epicenter was a three foot deep crater, with Nera inside it. She was sprawled out, breathing faintly, her eyes shut and her body jerking every so often. Luckily, she had survived the fall, rather miraculously by scientific standards.

After a few minutes of smoke and debris, her eyes finally opened. The brilliant orbs shone in the sky as she slowly raised herself up onto her hands and knees, coughing. She looked around, not sure what to do. She had no idea who she was. What she was doing here. In fact, all she knew was her name was Nera, and she was a pet class angel. That was all she knew about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back