Looking for Ideas for Writing

Shireling

A Servant of King and Country
Hi all. So my college is one of several in the Southeast participating in a literary festival and we have been asked to submit writings to my English and Modern Foreign Language Department by December for them to be considered for inclusion in a collection published by the festival organizers. I am allowed to write and submit two entries. The ones I am considering are a poem/poem sequence of 100 lines or less, or a short story of 5000 words or less.

What I would like is some general ideas to help me write. This could be ideas for a plot, a setting, a character, a theme, or maybe just imagery that I could incorporate.

I won't be citing you as a collaborator in the work, although I would offer to share a cash prize if there was one. I don't expect to win, but I thought you guys might be a good place to start for ideas. So shoot me what you think either in this thread or in private.

They riot and scream
They get their way and they are set free
They can't survive on their own, and they learn that what they thought they were being oppressed about...
Was necessary for them to survive an outside threat.
Also beach episode

They riot and scream
They get their way and they are set free
They can't survive on their own, and they learn that what they thought they were being oppressed about...
Was necessary for them to survive an outside threat.
Also beach episode
Thank you.

Or
An entirely new race has to integrate with humans
They have the same rights and those rights are enforced
But
A good chunk of people hate them, and a lot are even willing to take racial violence out against them.
But it's illegal and actually enforced.

So like a reshuffling of the 60's.

Or
An entirely new race has to integrate with humans
They have the same rights and those rights are enforced
But
A good chunk of people hate them, and a lot are even willing to take racial violence out against them.
But it's illegal and actually enforced.

So like a reshuffling of the 60's.
I feel like saying implying that anything has changed since the 60's,but things have changed. What changed is people forgetting to judge a person by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. The white apologists and black supremacy group, blm are a testament to this fact.

If king knew what happened after his movement, he'd be rolling in his grave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back