Idea Ideas for a Roleplay! Help Wanted!

Daisie

"Confused and fungal"
Roleplay Type(s)
So I'm maybe kinda sort of thinking of ideas for a plot for a RP. It's pretty much just in stage 1 right now, just a lot of cool thoughts and inspirations mashed together. The part that I have pretty well planned out is what I'll mostly be talking about, but if you all have any cool thoughts, like ideas for civilizations, or aliens, or planets, or technology or something like that, you are more than welcome to sound them. :3 Help a fellow, will ya?

It's meant to be a 1 on 1 Roleplay. And... *Le gasp* I don't actually want it to be based off of romance. While I'm not horrified by the idea of romances forming in my RPs, I'm trying to stay away from it being the centerpiece of my roleplay living room. That was a weird analogy. Anyway..

So I want to leave room for relationships to start, but in a case where nothing ever happens, or the romance ends badly, I don't want it to affect the over-all plot of the RP.

So lets dive right in, shall we?

The main character (The Roleplayers' character) finds... Some sort of way to travel through time. I don't have that really fleshed out, but hear me out. They do lots of adventures, possibly with a companion (Doctor Who type stuff), and they find a few new friends along the way. At some point during the RP, they come across someone who is sort of the 'keeper' of time, bearing an infinitely falling hourglass necklace, as well as the gift of immortality. Turns out, it's the keepers' job to eventually put an end to time, and the hero of our story works to stop that from happening. Eventually our hero does succeed, but they find that the future beyond time's end is much grimmer and darker, the universe becoming essentially a living Hell. A crack appears in the infinity hourglass that the keeper holds (Because of this change), and since the keeper has a special connection with the hourglass, she is injured, both physically and mentally. She turns mad, hellbent on killing our hero and setting time back in place.

I'm not sure exactly what happens next, but the hourglass is fixed, after a lot of confrontation and probably battling, emotions, and moral dilemmas. And even though our keeper has fixed time back to the way it was supposed to be, she is essentially 'fired' from the responsibility of keeping time intact, and banished to a mortal state, since she initially failed. With the last bit of power she has left before her banishing, she decides to remove the memories of our protagonist, not wanting them to suffer the guilt of her permanent punishment, which essentially ruined her life. So that's pretty much the very end of the story. Our character goes back to his time-mingling shenanigans, some replacement keeper looks after time, quietly but surely pushing time back into the direction it's supposed to go whenever our character messes it up unknowingly.

Well, that's a basic run-down. Feel free to chime in or try to fill in any gaps! Ideas and inspirations are much appreciated!

An extra idea is...
On our protagonist's adventures, they meet split-personality robot, coming from a land where the people have become corrupt, putting their souls in machines for more power. In this civilization, the machine AI took control of the people, and now are essentially using the souls to simply power the robots, and not personality, constricting their freedom. The ones who are resilient enough to surpass the AI's grasp are looked down upon, and are looked at things that need to be fixed. This split personality robot is one of them, but in this case, there are three souls dwelling in one machine. The two being stubborn enough to stay hidden within the machine, while the third one wasn't so strong. The third soul let the AI take over their personality, while the other two mostly stay hidden.

So hey! I'd like your input, suggestions, and whatever comments you have! :3

Thank y'all! Sorry for the paragraphs of text, lol.

That is actually a really cool idea!

You said you were unsure on how the hour glass was fixed, I figured, perhaps you could incoperate that AI/robot idea and say that this robot helps them mend the hourglass? ( I'm a little unsure how good that sounds because I can't tell if the glass would fix itself if they fix time? or is it the glass itself that needs fixing too.. )

Either way I really like the sound of this ^-^

Thank you!! :O I wasn't expecting someone to eventually find this, I'd given up on the idea, lol. Maybe I'll have another shot at planning it. :3

That'd be a good idea, too... Maybe the robot would get re-captured by their previous owner, and our character is forced to get them back, not only because they're friends, but because they're needed to fix time.

Maybe it could be like, only a body with a powerful enough soul can repair it, since it was built to be kept by time keepers, who are very powerful people. And since that robot has three of them, it's considered 'powerful' enough. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back