• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ice to Meet You

Parrot Parfait

A dude eclectus parrot
Roleplay Type(s)
1614317350480.pngappearance.png

Due to real world circumstance, I unfortunately couldn't make any food for my upcoming guest. However, I do have a drink prepared, which is very good considering everything else. When the room is all put back into order, and clap my hands twice, causing a brief spatial distortion in the room before everything returns to normal. I am now ready for my next guest.

Screenshot_20210315-231912.png

((Please accept my Gatcha Life Reference Pics for now, I am unable to draw my characters myself currently, so the best I can do currently is give a Gatcha Ref. Tried to get a close background asI could. Is still off but eh))

This next guest looked to be fairly normal in nature. Human at a glance, but his pointed ears made it clear that he was an elf of some kind. A mage as well, judging by his coat. Now why had this stranger wandered in?
Koko honestly didn't know why. The elf was never very sociable. Despite being a very talented magic user, the elf wasa bit of a recluse in all honesty. Most of the time he would be holed up in his hut in the forest of his homeland. It has varied over time, depending on whatever setting his teleportation shinanigans put him in. Looks like his attempts at successfully bending time and space had resulted in him ending up in another realm again. Or was this all a dream? It felt too real to be a dream, yet it didn't quite seem 100% real either. Either way, Koko felt...drawn to the residence before him and soon found himself standing in the doorway. Suspicion and anxiety about what possibly layed in wait for him made him hold onto a staff at his side, although it wasn't in sight of his host. At least...not yet. He gave a light knock on the door, ready for anything, be it good or bad. Right now he really wasn't sure what to expect one way or the other out of this mysterious encounter.​

"I'll be with you in a moment," I yell out as I stand up from the the couch and move to the door. When I crack open the door, and upon seeing my guest, I open it wider while I give a warm smile and an introduction.

"Hello!" I chirp, "You must be the new guest." Before I chatter any further, I glance at the wary manner in which the elf holds his staff, prompting me to add. "and you must be a wizard, and probably the first normal one I've met so far!" I pause for a moment before realizing I had omitted something in my introduction. "Oh, where are my manners? My name is Jin-Ho. What's yours?"

"....Normal one?" Koko inquired, intrigued by his host's mention of that. Just where was he anyway? He kept his staff close as he crossed his arms, something he tended to do when he was deep in thought. "As it were, yes, you are right to say I'm a wizard of sorts. My name is Koko." he introduced, still sounding skeptical.
Nonetheless, he did step into the odd abode. There wasn't really much choice. The area outside seemed quite cold, dark and eerie to him. It would do him well to hang out here for awhile. For a few hours, tops. Then he needed to figure out how he would get home.

As the elf walks into the bright apartment, I stick out my head into the darkness and sweep eyes across the void. Huh, he didn't come in through the usual way. I give a shrug before closing the door and moving to the kitchenette.

"Make yourself at home," I say warmly as take procure a small red kettle from the cupboard. After I pouring in water and switching on the heat, I turn around and ask, "So, where are you from?" I lean against the beam while seeing the full view of a city behind the wide window.

((This did not alert me properly, I'm sorry.))

Koko kept his same expression, ready to turn on an instant's notice. He's learned to be like this around new people. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy company. However, he has had many bad expiriences - too many to just trust someone the first try.
"I have been many places. To be honest, my original homeland's a blur to me." he said cautiously. He was hesitiant to sit, just standing for the moment. "Where I live now? A nice friendly hut in a forest. I'm quite at home with nature. Honestly, a home like this is a bit new to me. I'm used to at least some plantlife!"

"Hmm, hmm," I nod as he tells me his thoughts, "It's not hard to imagine that an environment like this might be a bit jarring for a nature goer like yourself. If you'd like, I can transfer us to a scenery more familiar to you. Would you like that?"

Icee Icee

Last edited:
At the mention of transporting, Koko grew a bit confused. Shifting his position a bit he looked away. He didn't feel like putting the stranger out. That and he was honestly tired. He was starting to doze off slightly although he would never admit it.
"I think I can make do. Afterall, this is only temporary. In the morning I'll keep searching for my way home." he said as he rubbed his eyes a bit. He won't admit it but the real reason he came here was because he honestly felt ready to pass oit in exhaustion.

I give a nod before snapping my fingers. Customary to how spatial shenanigans usually work, there's at least a bit of distortion when the moving. The furniture and appliances (minus the kettle and stove) began to appear a bit fuzzier than usual. As for the window overlooking the city scape, that immediately went dark before brightening up to a blinding white. Only a second further passed before the room snapped back into clarity, but the light beyond the window hadn't died down yet. However, gradually, the light dimmed, revealing a quaint beach.

Huntington Beach State Park Vacations 2017: Package & Save up to $603 | Expedia

From Hunnington Beach (picture found online)

When the light had normalized completely, the windows opened like a sliding door to welcome in the fresh, ocean breeze.

"Ah, also," I exclaim after remembering his previous statement, "you did mention that you needed to get home after this. I can drop you off directly at your house if you want. It shouldn't be too difficult even though you didn't come through the usual channels." At that moment, the kettle began whistling, prompting me to grab an elongated measuring cup and some milk tea packets from the top cupboard and preparing the "iced-tea" version of the drink. I listen to Koko's response as I'm preparing the tea.

(No spatial jet-lag or other types of magical motion sickness should be experienced. The guest has been protected against such things)

Koko blinked as his surroundings suddenly morphed right before his eyes. He felt nothing other than seeing the visual effects of course. However, the sage could not help but feel a twinge of intrigue and perhaps even a little jelousy at how easily his host could change their location.
"How did you do that?" he questioned, blinking in astonishment before looking out the window at the scenery. "I live in a forest, but the air here is quite nice. It gives a bit more of an open feel than where we were before."
However, his suspicion flared up again when he heard that his host knew where he lived somehow.
"Excuse me? How would you even know where I live?" he asked as he turned to face them now, clutching his staff. "I don't recall ever telling you exactly where. So how woukd you know where my house is hm?"

"I actually don't quiate know where you live exactly, but using the signatures coming off of you, I can probably create path directly to your home." That was somewhat of a lie as my system doesn't actually have any real mechanisms given the true nature of this room, but it's better than saying, erm, that. "That being said," I continue as I stir the tea, "I should probably explain who I am exactly. I'm a inter-dimensional traveler of some sorts who has conversations with characters across the multiverse. In most cases, my door should pick a random universe and appear inside that universe, but somehow, you've managed to arrive in a completely different way. My guess as to what happened earlier is that you've stumbled into a void between the worlds and that as my door was wandering across dimensions, it chose you as my next guest." When the tea has properly steeped, I take out and drain the tea bags, grab some a cup of ice and a little bowl covered in plastic wrap from the fridge, and dump the ice into the hot tea while stirring. "Also," I add while doing all of this, "I usually serve some sort of beverage and sweets to my guests, but due to some deadlines in my real home, I wasn't able to prepare ingredients for sweets, or at least, the good kind."
Icee Icee

Last edited:
"Ah, it looks like our time is up." Faster than a blink of an eye, Koko is safely at the front of his house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back