• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ice Casters of Albey [PRIVATE]

"Well, I haven't had much free time as I am always training so all I can say is I like fighting. I mean, fighting for what I think what's right. I was told to do that. I also like beetles for some odd reason." He paused and grinned towards Ash. "I've come quit of you as well. I haven't ever lost to anyone except Anu and yourself. You are very.. interesting."

----

"Marduk. I wouldn't be surprised if he attended the tournament. I would watch your apprentice closely, her Second Gear specifically. I don't know if you realize but as Darkness is a rare magic so is Light. I have a feeling Aislinn has something to do with them. If this is true she may be one of the last people with a connection to Light Magic. If Marduk is able to attain her power, we're dead. It also doesn't help that Marduk destroyed Jeremy's reason for the same reason when he was a nobleman. Aislinn has some great talent even though she may not realize it."

((This might turn into a 1x1. Not sure if ChiQ and Dub are gonna post, lol))

I posted Second Gear by the way

(( Oops xD Would you like to put this on pause to wait and see if they're gonna post? I'm going to head off to bed now. Merry Christmas and goodnight! ^^ ))

Ash pulled a face at the mention of beetles. "Well," she said, shrugging good-naturedly, "At least they're better than cockroaches." She flushed with pride as Jeremy told her of his winning streak, hardly able to shake the grin that cracked across her face.

"If by 'interesting' you mean 'badass', then yes, I'm hella interesting." Aislinn laughed and brushed blue-black hair out of her eyes, smiling openly. "To be fair though, you're pretty good too. It's not often I get injured like this." She held up her bandaged arms.

"Just out of curiosity, what other cool things can you do as a Fire Caster? I mean, I've been told by Master Jo that I might be able to float, glide or even fly short distances when I unlock my Second Gear."
Sapphire blue eyes lit up at the thought. "How cool would that be?" Ash dropped her gaze and pouted. "As of right now though, well, you've pretty much seen the extent of my abilities."

--------

Jo's eyes widened in disbelief as she listened to Anu talk. His theory seemed so inexplicable and random that, for a moment, she simply couldn't absorb it. She'd travelled with Aislinn long and far and never suspected anything. After all, unlike Anu, Jo was an experienced teacher. She'd taken plenty of apprentices upon herself in her lifetime. None of them had particularly stood out - Aislinn included.

Frowning, she turned back to Anu.
"What you're saying... doesn't make any sense, Anu." She paused, trying to phrase her thoughts correctly. "I have travelled long and far and taken a great many apprentices - as you well know. Aislinn doesn't seem to differ in any way. She's a talented Air Caster - prideful and foolish like most her age. What makes you think she's got anything to do with Light Magic? No Caster of Light has been seen since the Great War of Southern Gale." The elderly woman frowned some more before adding, "And you're telling me Jeremy's parents were killed because they were Light Casters? Does this mean Jeremy is also..?" She trailed off, letting the implications of her words hang in the air as they continued down the rocky path.

@Endymion

Jeremy frowned. "I'm not really sure. Fire Caster's are really.. unpredictable. Master Anu has a Fire Caster friend that can turn himself into flames. It's pretty cool, but I haven't heard anything else about Second Gear." He stroked his hair back, not satisfied. "Most people call us barbaric and savage since the majority of us killed the Ice Caster's in the Great War- but I don't see myself that way. I just want a chance to prove that I'm different. It wouldn't hurt if I made the Council of Three either."

----

Anu chuckled. "Dear no! Jeremy's parents in Rathnos.. were not really his parents. He was left as soon as he was born. I fear not to tell him that he.." Master Au paused to clear his throat as his face hardened. "I fear not to tell him that his father is Sir Marduk. I do not know what to expect of his Second Gear. Aislinn, I don't really know, I just sensed some Light presence. I'm sure of it." He patted the horse's head pondering on his thoughts.

@Zylvia

Last edited by a moderator:
Aislinn pondered on Jeremy's words, weighing them in her mind. The whole notion of Second Gear was shrouded in mystery. People far and wide had unlocked it, but it was still rare compared to the sheer number of Casters that existed around Albey. Surely there was more to it than just an amplification of their powers. She quirked her lips into a curious smile, blue eyes narrowed in deep thought. "I don't think that's all there is to Second Gear. I mean, for something that's so difficult to achieve, there's gotta be more than just floating around or turning into flames, y'know?"

At the mention of the Great War, Ash scoffed and turned away, scowling. "I don't understand our society at all. People complain and tremble at the sight of an Ice Caster, thinking they're fearsome and deadly. But then they turn around and shriek at Fire Casters for being an Ice Caster's natural opponent. It just seems stupid and childish." She shrugged. "If anything, I'd be scared of Dark Casters - like Marduk."

Gazing out the window, Aislinn added fiercely, "All I want is revenge. I want my questions answered. My parents were good people. Innocent. Kind. They didn't deserve to be killed. I want to know why." She turned back to Jeremy with eyes flashing. "I'll die for answers if I have to."

-------------

Jo could hardly believe her ears. Long had rumours spread of the great Marduk having an heir, but the child had been like a ghost and the talk soon died. Who'd have thought it was actually true? She shook her head in disbelief. "I can't believe this is all happening, Anu. Marduk's son? Why do you think taking him in is a good idea?" She winced as she said the words, knowing that she was being unfair. Jeremy was just a boy; what did he know? His father wasn't his choice. "His Second Gear could be wild and dangerous. With Dark Magic flowing through his veins, God only knows what the manifestation of his desires and will will be. Fire and Shadow... It is a dangerous combination."

She sighed and turned her thoughts back to her own apprentice. "If what you say is true, then Aislinn must be protected at all costs. I figure his best shot at acquiring her abilities will be during the tournament. Plenty of Casters die without anyone batting an eye. Aislinn being paired up with someone far beyond her would only be seen as bad luck. We must act, Anu. What say you?"

Jeremy nodded understandably. "I understand how you feel. The men who destroyed my village.. they killed my father right in front of me. Huh, if Master Anu wasn't there.. I would've been next." He turned towards Aislinn so he could look directly into her blue eyes. "Whoever killed your parents, I'll help you- I'll help

-----

Anu growled. "You don't understand do you?" he spat. His face reddened in anger. "I took him in so he WOULDN'T be like his father! You can't just treat him like a monster." He calmed himself. "He is a very loving kid, I assure you he wouldn't dare to hurt Aislinn.. it won't matter though; he'll find out sooner or later at the academy. Your apprentice will be fine. I hope."

Aislinn gave Jeremy a small smile, grateful for his support. "Thank you," she said, holding his gaze. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry about your parents. I'll help you find your answers too. Maybe one day, we'll both be able to sleep at night with our minds at peace." She placed a sympathetic hand on his shoulder and the duo shared a quiet moment.

--------------

Jo watched Anu's emotions fluctuate with her cool intact. When he'd calmed, she said simply, "I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions, Anu. You're right. Jeremy is just a child. He was raised away from Marduk and mentored by you. His future will be bright - if the light is not extinguished too soon by war." She turned to Anu with grave eyes and added, "Be warned, Anu. You know me. If he truly hurts Aislinn - irreparably so - I will exact revenge." She turned away and stroke Cora's mane. The edge of the forest was near. Soon, they'd be in Rhyson Village, in a comfortable bed and hot food. She looked forward to the thoughts.

Jeremy nodded in agreement. His eyes flickered after a moment. "Do you hear that?" The carriage skidded to an immediate stop which sent dust everywhere. Two men in swathed black robes stood in front of the carriage, they're hands and lips dry and their clothes, dirty.

((Gotta pack))

Crystal sat still inside the carriage, her grandfather right next to her studying the girl's expression. She seemed rather lonely, not a bit of excitement were seen in her eyes unlike those other kids who would go to Caster Academy. Crystal let's out a heavy sigh as she looked outside the window right next to her, she leaned against the pane and rested her head on top of her hands. She loved the sun, the warm rays hitting her soft skin, soothing them somehow. Whoever said ice casters hated the sun? Those stupid people making up random stories for nothing.

Gently she reached out her closed hands till it was halfway out of the window, then slowly she opened her fingers and tiny million little snowflakes came out leaving tracks behind as the carriage went on. Boredom, usually the reason why she uses magic. Crystal always loved that she was born as an ice caster. But she just couldn't help but wonder...Would it all be different if she wasn't?

"Now-Now Crystal, if you keep that up till Albey you'll exhaust yourself." Her grandfather, Master Gaspar suddenly spoke. In return Crystal didn't take a glance at him, instead she pulled her arms back in stopping the trail of snowflakes. "Ofcourse"

Hands clasped tightly together as he rested his chin against his thumbs, Lennox narrowed his teary eyes in order to subside the acute burning sensation that seemed to trail down to his jaw. "C'mon, Navi! You two have been at it for an eternity. Just give up, you know he's as stubborn as a mule." Vanna, his youngest sister, chimed as she sat between the two and flailed her arms wildly in order to throw them off. But she was right, they had been staring at each other for an awfully long time and neither seemed to be ready to let up. Especially not Lennox. It all started off as a peaceful family lunch, one thing led to another, now they were all observing the two idiots hashing out their nonphysical and nonverbal battle.

"Over my dead body. He started this, I'm going to finish it." Naveer narrowed his eyes in turn, all the while clenching his fists in an attempt to distract himself from the pain. Suffice to say, this was a usual occurrence in the Meijoris house so everyone was more or less used to the competitiveness. But they were no longer in the Meijoris estate. They were in Seraphina's house and she wasn't having it. Rolling her eyes as she returned to the table to collect the dishes, Fina swiftly smacked Navi upside the head, instantaneously causing him to blink and therefore ending their needlessly drawn out stare-off. "Ouch! You're quite the killjoy when pregnant." Rubbing the back of his head as he looked up to meet the irritated glare of his sister, Navi recoiled and opted on helping her with the dishes to avoid further rebuking. "I mean, so wise a-and beautiful. My, look at that glow." Nice save.

"Nice save. Now get to work. Unlike the rest of you ingrates, Lennox willingly helped out with the housework this morning." Seraphina hissed jokingly as she wiped down the surface of the dining table, tossing Vanna a rag in the process. The rest of the room immediately shot sharp glares and obscenities at Lennox, only making him laugh in turn. It felt nice being the favorite for the first time ever. Kissing ass has its perks. "He's only being a kiss up because he knows you'll give him something in return. Even I know that." Dion, the second eldest son, scoffed as he began setting the leftovers into the oven and icebox. Lennox sprung up from his seat as he placed his right hand over his heart and let out a theatrical gasp. "I refute that." He furrowed his brows in a defensive yet playful front before turning on his heel and switching his transitioned 'puppy-dog' gaze to Seraphina.

"But, come to think of it, I do want to head into town for a bit. Gods know how long I'll be stuck beyond those walls. So, what do ya say, Fina?" She took a moment to think on it, obviously not completely thrilled with her brother's crafty manipulation, but he did work hard for it. Finally coming to a decision, she snapped her fingers at Dion and pointed to the small, black velvet coin purse hidden at the top of one of the cabinets in the kitchen. "Fine. You'll use no more than a pinch. And I expect a full payment by the end of the semester. No brother of mine is going to swindle me out of money and get away with it." She muttered the last part before rummaging through her bag and handing him a few coins. "Don't come back drunk and expect to step foot in this house." At that comment, Lennox let out another overdramatized gasp. "Me? How dare you!" With a deadpan Seraphina simply waved her hand to dismiss him, and with that, Lennox took his leave for the markets.

(( @Rub\-a\-Dub\-Dubstep @Endymion 's character and mine are currently travelling towards the Academy together. They're about to be raided by bandits and spend the night in the forest. How are you guys planning on interacting? Should our characters meet in the Academy? ))

Aislinn felt herself being thrust forward as the carriage skidded to an unexpected stop. "Are we there already?" she asked nobody in particular, poking her head outside the window to get a better look. Outside, the sky was already dark. The grey clouds were pregnant with the promise of rain. Standing in front of the carriage were two men swathed in black. Below Master Anu, Fundamental bristled, ears flattened against her head.

Ash turned back to Jeremy with wide blue eyes. "Bandits," she hissed, sapphire eyes narrowed. She pressed her lips together into a thin, white line and stole another glance outside. Tension was building. It looked like Master Jo was talking to the duo, apparently trying to either negotiate or threaten. "We should ready ourselves for a brawl," she muttered quietly to her companion. "Just in case we're being ambushed by more than just these two."

----------

Jo brought Cora to a halt and stuck out a hand to stop Fundamental though it wasn't necessary. The horse seemed to have a mind as intelligent as any. She narrowed her eyes suspiciously and gave voice to her thoughts, "What do you want?" The Water Caster kept her voice as hard as possible, hoping those two simple bandits weren't stupid enough to try and engage two Master Casters in a fight.

At their silence, she continued, "Do you recognise this man here? He is of the Council of Three! Back off, and you won't get hurt."

@Endymion

After only 2 hours of traveling inside the carriage did Master Gaspar realized that they have forgotten to pack their stock of food for the journey. "Goodness." He said before letting out a deep sigh causing Crystal to glance at her grandfather. Oh how she hated the sound of people sighing, it something that makes her think of utter despair and hopelessness. "What is it?" Crystal asked in a soft delicate voice as she leaned closer to peak at Gaspar who was now searching through the blue colored velvet pack where in they placed all their supplies.

"It appears I forgot to place in our food stock." He said sounding clearly embarrassed. "Oh." was all Crystal answered before she leaned back to seat comfortably. She always wondered how her grandfather can be a very skilled ice caster yet his memory always to fail him most of the time. She was just thankful that he can still remember all the magic techniques he taught her before he forgot about them. "We need to stop by the nearest town then." She added before pondering which town that would be.

By now Crystal thought they had to be somewhere near the border of West of Albey. Either way she wasn't sure, but if there's anything she wanted, it was not to starve on their journey towards Emerisia "Right. Of course." Said Gaspar before peeking through the window and ordered the coachman to stop to the nearest town to restock their food supply. Their conversation was barely audible for Crystal for she wasn't really paying attention, her mind just wondered elsewhere... Home perhaps?

After nearly half an hour they finally arrived on the local town the coachman knew nearest to where they were. Crystal didn't know where this was, nor did she bother to ask. Gaspar asked her to stay near lukah, the coachman till he comes back from buying everything they needed. Crystal nodded but came out of the carriage herself to look around, after all its not everyday did she get a chance to leave her kingdom. The town's market was alive, with so many people selling their objects, chatting, some even using their magic for display and tips. Crystal couldn't help herself but smile as she saw the fire caster who was breathing fire as he danced along to the beat of the drums his company were playing.

The people here, Crystal have heard about the 'primal scales of races' or 'the barbaric ones' as some like to call it. They had to be in Old Country Region surely. Crystal slowly walked towards the performer who used his fire magic to entertain a small crowd, especially little children clearly hoping and waiting till their magic starts to kick in and be able to do all this tricks he's doing. Bending over to the small box containing a few coins, Crystal dropped a rather generous amount causing the drummer's eyes (the only one near enough to see the coin box) to fly open

And Crystal came back to watching the fire caster in amazement. But what she didn't know were people around her also stopped to watch 'her'. The oddly dressed girl in fancy dress and robes, the hood, her blue hair, everyone clearly picked up that she's an ice caster. Some even knowing she's the princess of Arabella, thus catching the attention of a few thieves near the pub who now started brewing a plan in their dirty minds...

(@Rub\-a\-Dub\-Dubstep's character are meeting sooner, as for yours and @Endymion, four of us are bound to meet in the academy :> )

Walking out into the crowded streets, Lennox felt a little unsettled by the strange ambiance this town gave off. It was almost as if the constructors of these buildings were trying too hard to imitate the much older and culture-rooted houses back in the Aeres'Andes. The look of it all was nearly satirical in a way, but it didn't seem to faze the townspeople. He only assumed the majority of them were tourists anyway, so he figured it was best not to make a big deal out of it. Either way, he still wondered why Seraphina opted on staying here. He understood the schooling was good and Soren could find decent work in these parts, but if she moved back home she would've been treated like a princess. Knowing her strong-witted bearings, he realized that was probably why she chose the contrary.

Pocketing his hands as he aimlessly sauntered around the many booths and merchant stands set up around the marketplace, Lennox found himself drifting in and out of memories of home. He hadn't been gone that long and he definitely wasn't feeling homesick, but it was good to remember every once in a while that he wasn't from around these parts. Getting too attached probably wasn't going to be a problem, but nostalgia was an even grounder either way. Striding absentmindedly toward the food booths, Lennox soon found himself at a sweetbread stand. He loved the taste of sweetbread since he could remember. At the age of 7, Cyprus had taken him to his first ever Xhepti Festival where he gorged himself on all types of pastries, but fell in love with the powdered brown-sugar sweetbread at first bite.

I probably shouldn't. But it looks so good. Frowning at his own indecisiveness, Lennox mentally groaned when he remembered that he had a scheduled work-out in the morning and couldn't have one even if he wanted to. This was probably the last time he could taste one in a long while and he wasted the opportunity on the meal before. Deadpanning at the large assortment of sweetbreads, Lennox sucked in a deep breath before continuing on his way only to find his route obstructed by a large group crowding some street performers. What the hell? These people act like they've never seen a Fire Caster before.

@RoleplayChiQ

"Wow." Crystal whispered in awe at the Fire Caster, the way he moves are very different from casting Ice Magic. He was more strong, fierce, invincible looking, while casting Ice Magic was more of being calm, steady and at peace. Crystal found herself watching in a trance, the heat of the flame he's casting soothing her. Why don't they do this back in Arabella? Street performers who would do this in the streets for a few coins isn't such a bad idea. She wondered for a while why she never saw one but figured quickly that it was probably due to the kingdom's richness. Not a family there needed to do this for coins, not a single household starving. She took a quick step back as the caster took a step closer to the crowd, a big burst of flame came out of his palms and everyone started giving him applause.

Crystal was too a indulged with the performance that she failed to listen to her surroundings for the threat of danger that was now brewing in and focused on her. The thugs knew who she was and figured that she ought to have quite the amount of gold and coins in her pouch wrapped around her waist. Slowly three men, all part of the same thug group joined the crowd sneaking closer and closer till they stood next to her. Two of them on both her sides, and the last one standing behind her.

As the performance came to an end, everyone in the crowd threw coins at the box, some still cheering and applauding the performer. Crystal herself joined the cheers and applause but she quickly came to a halt when she felt something sharp pointed on her side.

"Don't move princess or you die right now." A man in a deep scary voice spoke. Crystal's heart started beating wildly on her chest as she realized what was happening. Her eyes shot to the left, then slowly peeked behind her realizing she was surrounded by at least three men. She gave them a nod and felt her pouch moving in her waist. Before he even got a chance to pull it free Crystal jumped and spun around before pointing her palm to the one behind her and casted frost freezing the man leaving two more after her. She landed swiftly on her feet and glared at the two who were armed with long machete's, their eyes locked on her.

The crowd on the other hand all acted differently, some running away, while the others stayed and watched loving a good street brawl. Crystal readies herself for an attack hoping she can take this two down, with their machete's she figured they were non casters... But then one of them stepped froward and quickly raised his muscled arm palm open and sends a fire ball straight to her direction...

(@Rub\-a\-Dub\-Dubstep)

Jeremy shrugged. "Let's just kill them either way. Not like bandits are going to negotiate." He popped the door to the carriage open and walked out to the flailing dust and pebbles. His eyes got watery from the dust, so he walked forward hoping to get a better view of the situation. Jo was approaching them but something didn't look right. The sun was slowly lowering as the evening began to creep up on them. Jeremt felt like he was being watched, maybe Aislinn was right about there beibg more bandits? He rushed over to Jo to see what was happening.

After observing the man for a bit, Lennox had to give it to him; it was very much entertaining and he had quite a bit of skill. Something most street performers lacked. But from the looks of it, it almost seemed like he had some kind of training in the arts. However, this wasn't the time to be getting distracted. Considering the curfew his sister had set up for them, time was limited for his outing. Curfew? How old does she think I am? Scoffing distantly at the thought, Lennox was a little relieved to find the crowd dispersing as the performer's act came to an end. Pushing past the swarm of people, he tried his best to keep his footing steady but Lennox found no such luck. Of course, traffic was much worse back home and he was used to the rough passing and shoving, but bearing in mind that the streets were more spread out in these parts he only assumed that they'd have better govern over this.

Then, everything came to an immediate stop. Pained groans; women gasping; people pushing back the crowd. It almost seemed like a brawl had broken out. Seeing as though this was a district known for street fights, Lennox concluded that this was normal. Fuck it. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Continuing his route through the crowd, he found his way to the front only to find a group of thugs fighting some girl. Lennox's eyes flickered over toward the frozen frame of one of the men and quickly put together who this was. The regal garments; the pale blue hair; the snowflake charm around her neck. This girl was an Ice Caster, and not just any Ice Caster... she was likely a noble from Arabella. Even so, what is an Ice Caster from Arabella doing in this town? Wha--

Before Lennox could finish his thought, he spotted a flicker of light sparking from the corner of his eye and instantly rose his hand, swiftly pushing an icy wind forth and cutting off the fireball. She seemed to be handling herself well with the thugs, but that was a close one and -as usual- Lennox acted before he could think. Either way, he didn't think it was a fair fight considering there were three of them and one of her. As the fight dimmed, he heard a cacophony of murmurs and gasps spurring from behind him. It wasn't a surprise to find the crowd had shifted away from them, each of their faces expressing fear and disgust in turn. Ice Casters weren't all that rare, so it was kind of annoying to get these types of reactions time and time again.

@RoleplayChiQ

Crystal sighed in relief as the casted fireball failed its way towards her, although she thinks she can probably evade the attack or counter it, it was better that it never got closer to her like it should've. But why? Her eyes shot to the left and saw the caster, it was a boy fit and quite dashing from an eye of a girl, but hell why is she thinking this stuff at a time like this? His attire, the tattoo, surely he's a local isn't he? But the way he looks doesn't seem to be the right fit for an Ice Caster, and he seemed familiar somehow to Crystal, either way she was sure to thank him afterwards.

"Well, Well... Ice casters watching each others back eh?" One of the thugs said with a smirk, this one had a long beard that reaches till his chest, he didn't have any top on as well. His built was heavy, buff that it almost looked scary to look at. 'Barbaric' indeed, but Crystal wasn't judging unlike what she noticed of the crowd around them that made a big circle just to watch the fight. Most of the crowd started whispering, giving them looks of disgust, some snickering. Crystal clenched her jaw in annoyance fighting the urge to freeze the entire crowd. She took a slow deep breath, closed her eyes and tilted her head up. Suddenly the wind started blowing wild, at first it was warm...Then it got chilly...Then freezing to the point where snowflakes appeared out of the breezing air.

"Y-You take the boy! He want in? Let's give it to them." The long bearded one commanded the thinner one. "And be careful, the boy is Cyprus' son...He ought to have been trained by his ways" The thinner thug nodded and ran towards the boy's direction, a fire ball burning in his hands.

The crowd started scattering away at the magic Crystal is doing, the strong wind started whistling and the chill of it can now bite through skin, any Ice Casters near would get its magic strengthened or doubled even more as long as Crystal kept up her casting, and so far its only him. "Get them..." Crystal whispered knowing surely the boy felt the surge of power in him with the magic she's doing, now the only thing she's hoping for is that he will help her...

Knitting his brows in a deep furrow as the men took a turn on him, Lennox muttered a curse under his breath as they seemed to regroup and take position. Of course something like this would happen, what was he thinking? But for the time being, there were only two of them making the fight evenly matched. They could take them on... right? He knew he was good on his end, but he felt a little uncertain about the girl. She'd managed to freeze the other man, but that's a starter attack. Most Ice Casters learn to freeze at the very beginning of training. Thinking nothing of it, he figured they'd soon find out how good she was and reluctantly joined her at the center of the brawl. Watching the two remaining thugs intently as they quickly separated and circled them, shouting points and instructions at one another, he involuntarily fastened his hands into fists, his knuckles flushing of color. This wasn't the first time he'd gotten into a fight -and with Fire Casters no less- but it was his first time being aided by another Ice Caster.

Having lived with antipodes his whole life, he found there to be a distinct difference between this fight now and what he was used to. He felt stronger; more energized; regenerated, if you will. The cold gust that she'd spiraled up seemed to be obstructing the other men, but it clearly wasn't enough to send them running. Ignoring the larger one's recognition of his status, Lennox plastered his gaze on the smaller man while he conjured up a fireball in the palm of his hand. Slowly taking a step back as they drew near, Lennox almost bumped into the girl. Stopping before he could push her over, he just barely caught on to her whisper of a signal and shuffled his feet firmly on the ground, pushing his arms out in front of him in an defensive stance."That's right. Come and get me, beanpole." As if he'd lost all sense of control at the chime of his words, the man's eyes darkened in anger as he lunged forth and shot a powerful blow at him. Reacting as fast as he could, Lennox pressed his arms up into a cross in front of himself and out rose a thick wall of ice, blocking the fireball and consuming it until there was nothing left but smoke. Releasing his hold, Lennox let the wall fall into a puddle of water on the ground.

The puddle was almost immediately absorbed by the soil, but quickly sprouted back up underneath the man, freezing into a thick patch of ice as it slithered up his body and found its way down his throat and up his nostrils. He wasn't aiming to kill the man, he just wanted to suffocate him briefly. Long enough to scare off his much larger friend. As the smaller one dropped to his knees and struggled to catch his breath, Lennox darted his minatory, gray gaze at the other thug and flicked his wrist sending a cluster of sharp icicles out of his fingertips and right for the man. Fortunately for him, only two of the icicles hit their marks. One piercing each of his hands to a pair of trees behind him. The others just barely grazed him. He tried desperately to escape, but the more he struggled, the thicker the icicles grew."Uh-uh. I wouldn't try that if I were you." By this point the crowd had grew silent and a few constables had joined the group along with an elderly man shouting for a "Crystal". "Huh...?" Lennox shifted his eyes over his shoulder to find an old man, wearing similar garments the girl had on, waving his hands as he tried to push through the crowd. Distracted and confused, Lennox almost forgot about the thugs but quickly released them from their icy confinements as the constables rushed over to assist them.

@RoleplayChiQ

With a deep breath Crystal slowly drops her arms back to her side, along with her movement the strong wind and the snowflakes that started appearing out of nowhere vanished like it was never even there. From the cold chilly air came back the warm sunlight when Crystal came to a halt with her casting, the voice of her grandfather yelling her name snapped her back to consciousness. She gave the boy who saved her a quick glance knowing for sure she saw him somewhere once now that he was up close. From what one of those thugs earlier said he was the son of 'Cyprus'. The name was oddly familiar to her, surely she has heard of it somewhere. "Crystal!" Gaspar marched his way in front of her quickly grabbing both her shoulders as he studied her, scanning her for any injuries. "Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?" He turned her around and looked her from head to toe yet again. "N-No. Grandfather I am fine." Crystal said in a calm tone as she broke free from his grip and turned around to face him again. "I heard everything from the beginning but didn't realize it was you in the brawl till you used the Ice magic booster technique I taught you."

Of course, there are certain Magic Techniques that Gaspar created himself and shared among the few ice casters in Arabella, it was the magic Crystal conjured earlier. It was a magic boost for any ally an ice caster have within his or her vicinity. But it is not that simple, in return for the strength given to allies all the extra magic they take will be taken away from the caster. Luckily for Crystal the boy was well trained, strong and focused on his offensive and defensive fighting which means he didn't take up much of the magic Crystal shared. Being a princess of Arabella Crystal was never trained to be a fighter, yes she does know a few offensive attacks to defend herself but all her life most of the magic that was taught to her were the most powerful healing and assisting powers an Ice caster could learn. She could heal the most critical of wounds, stop imminent death from a deeply wounded caster, lend her powers to a fellow ice caster like she's done, all of those and more.

"Thank you..." She glanced at the boy and said softly to him as she reached for her coin pouch taking a few sum of coins an quickly stretched her arms in front of her. "Please take them." She said kindly not knowing if he'll take it or not, either way she wanted to repay him for saving her. "You..." Gaspar's voice cuts them off as he pointed a wrinkly finger at the young boy. "Chieftain's son... Am I correct?" The old master said with a smile as he studied the boy's features. Surely enough it is him, a lot of Ice Caster has heard of this young boy and a few years back when he was still a little toddler Gaspar got the chance to see him for himself. "The ice caster raised by the Meijoris household..." Crystal whispered to herself finally realizing who he is. She quickly dropped her hand that was holding the coins and placed them back to her pouch knowing for sure he wouldn't take it now that she's realized his true identity. Why would a chieftain's son take a few coins after all...

"Thank you for assisting my granddaughter." Gaspar said with gratitude as he placed a hand on Crystal's shoulder. "This is my granddaughter, Crystal, princess of Arabella. Crystal this is-"

"I know who he is grandfather..."

@Rub\-a\-Dub\-Dubstep

Aislinn hastily followed Jeremy out of the carriage, frowning at the ease with which he dwelled on violent thoughts like murder. "We don't have to kill them, so much as disarm them," she argued quietly. Discomfort permeated her veins as they stood in the dusk, facing off with several rugged men clothed in black. Despite Master Jo's warnings, the bandits stayed silent, seeming content to simply block their path for the moment. Ash frowned. The whole situation was strange; something didn't quite add up. If they were true bandits, they would have acted by now, taken advantage of this to negotiate a deal perhaps. Surely, they're not foolish enough to try and confront someone like Master Anu?

Caught up in her own thoughts, Aislinn was knocked off her feet as one of the black-swathed men struck, fast as lightning. She gave a yelp of surprise that was violently cut short as she collided with the rough trunk of a tree. Her head spun and black spots danced before her eyes. Out of breath and dizzy, Ash had barely regained her bearings before she felt someone's fists barrage her stomach. Blood rose up in the back of her throat. Out of the corner of her eye, she could just make out the struggling figures of Master Jo and Jeremy. Despite the skill level of Master Anu and Master Jo, it appeared as though they, too, were struggling with mere 'bandits.'

Pained and barely conscious, Aislinn felt her world go dark.

------

Jo watched the bandits advance with far too much grace and skill to be mere robbers. They moved with trained precision and she suspected that they were no less skilled then herself or even Anu. What the bloody hell? She pulled her wrinkled face into a forbidding frown and kicked Cora into the midst of the action. Ropes of water flung from her hands, wrapping themselves tightly around throats and throttling viciously. Some even flung their attackers into the air. Jo watched them smash into the ground with a mad glint in her eyes. She might not be on the Council of Three, but there was a reason people knew her as the 'Mad Horseman' on the battlefield.

The Water Caster watched Aislinn fall and doubled her efforts. "Who the hell are you?" she growled into one bandit's purpling face, lips curled in a deadly snarl. "Who the hell do you work for?" But only silence and a spit in the face met her. She flung the man away with a rough growl.

@Endymion

Jeremy whipped his head around at the sound of Aislinn dropping to the ground. He clenched his fists in fustration as anger streamed into him. "You bastards! Can't you see she's already hurt?!" Violent flames erupted from his fists and he threw a powerful punch at the first 'bandit' he set his eyes on. With great surprise, metal spikes flew out from the ground, crossing over like a barrier. Before Jeremy could with withdraw his lunch, the metal puncutred his left hand with small holes from the hard material. He took a step back, prossesing the pain going through his hand. Red blood trickled from out of several holes and they made their way down to his knuckles, and finally dripped onto the ground. Jeremy clenched his teeth in anger. "I'm going to ki-"

----

Master Anu walked in front of Jeremy with an expression that could only be read as terrifying. "I don't like when people hurt apprentices for no valid reason" he said as they continued to keep quiet. Master Anu nodded noticeably and stepped back. The ground around the cloaked man swallowed him up like a mouth. It was all so quick, he didn't have time to scream. Within seconds, two more bandits fell victim to swallowing mud.

At the corner of his eye, he noticed another bandit running toward him. The cloaked person had a slimmer body and seemed faster. Metal spikes emerged from his fingertips like claws. The bandit jumped up and swiped their

hand through the dusty air as One swiftly dodged the attack. The person's hood came off and Anu raised his eyebrow. It was a woman, possible in her late twenties or early thirties. Her hair was a plain brown and she had hard grey eyes that could kill. She nervously looked up at the Earth Caster, gritting her teeth. Master Anu's face hardened in dismay. "Kat?"

Once the scene had calmed down and the bandits were dealt with, Lennox turned to find the girl speaking with the elder man that was pushing through the crowd seconds prior. He's probably someone she knows or whatever. And with that in mind, he turned on his heel to conceal himself with the resumed street traffic before the constables could find him and ask questions. However, without getting very far, Lennox veered himself to a halt at the sound of the girl's voice and turned back around only to find her holding out what seemed to be coins in her hand. Tilting his head just slightly as his eyes narrowed to a slit of confusion, Lennox crossed his arms. Do I look like I need money? Looking himself over, he realized that he wasn't exactly the best dressed in the area. Okay, maybe I do. But he made no such move to take the offer. It was bad enough that he was involved in a senseless fight, no need to add beggar to his list of feigned occupations. "No thank yo-" And before he could finish, he was quickly cut off as the man interjected out of recognition.

Shifting his gaze over to the old man as he poked his finger in his direction, he set his arms down by his sides as a different type of confusion blindly struck him. He bit back his lip as he intently flickered his eyes over him. How in the world did he know who he was? Not that there was anything strange about recognizing a Meijoris, but the fact that he picked up on him was a little strange. Surely his name was something of a familiar spectrum, but he'd never actually been known as the face of the Meijoris name. Very few knew of his existence, actually. But that was something given by default. "Correct. But... have we met?" He huffed quietly in return as he looked between the two. And just as the elder man had introduced him to his granddaughter, a very familiar name sprang into the conversation. An embarrassingly familiar name. Snapping his gaze over toward the girl, Lennox tried his best not to seem so... so.... so knowing about who she was. After all, she was one of the names that came to mind about who'd be the next Ice Caster up for council once the elders have abdicated their places. The last thing he needed was for them to think of him as some lowly fanatic.

Offering a less hostile glare, Lennox brought his right fist to his chest and gave a quick bow. Seraphina is not going to believe me when I get back. "And I, you." Once he'd straightened himself out, he turned his attention over toward her grandfather and reciprocated his grin as he pocketed his hands and shrugged. It honestly wasn't much of a problem for him. Besides, if he hadn't stepped in, who knows what could've happened? "I only did what was right." Lennox kindly dismissed his gratitude then turned toward Crystal. "Even so, you handled yourself really well. I've never fought with a booster before, where'd you learn how to do that?" Truly amazed, Lennox leaned back against one of the street poles as his eyes darted between the two Ice Casters before him.

@RoleplayChiQ

"Him..." Crystal gave a quick glance at the old man right beside her before returning her gaze at the chieftain's son. "He is my grandfather, but my master as well." She said proudly to him as she studied the boy. He did look like someone who can handle himself, his physique, attitude, even his looks surely had girls crawling over his trail. Back in Arabella there weren't much to look at with boys her age except for Lukah, a boy born in an Ice Caster household, one of the wealthiest in Arabella that Crystal grew up with. All the kids of any caster households anywhere are eager till the day their powers would start showing which usually happens before they get to their teen years. As Crystal's abilities started appearing, Lukah on the other hand never did. This is one of the early heartbreaks a child could go through, once they realized that they will not be a caster due to inheritance of the ability from their parents. For Lukah, his mother was an Ice Caster but his father was not thus resulting in him not becoming one as well. So despite the boy's good looks and luxurious family background, Lukah never found true happiness due to his 'incapability'.

She gave his choice of clothing a look, surely a chieftain's son would have something better in his wardrobe right? But then again he is a man, and most men Crystal have met never really cared about what they wear, unlike most women she knows including herself. She heaved a heavy sigh and gave herself a slap mentally, she hated this part of herself where she easily judge others solely based on how they appear. That was something she got from her mother, the queen of Arabella that is the exact opposite of her father the king. He was simple, down to earth and kind. Her mother on the other hand breaks the semi-evil queen cliche. No she does not want to bring the kingdom down, kill her husband to take over the crown and hand over to another lover whatsoever. Instead she is pure conceit, always wanting everything to be perfect, always expecting the best from her daughter who will soon take over the kingdom and maybe even be the ice caster up for the council soon. Crystal hated that about her mother, but she isn't pure evil Crystal knew she only wanted what's best for her own daughter even though it can be quite...Selfish at times. She then wondered about this boy. Was his family anything like hers? Surely it's different. But the fact that he is an Ice Caster raised and trained by a Fire Caster household had to have caused him trouble somehow...

"Hey! Old man you're items, pay them!" A clerk from a food shop yelled calling for Gaspar. The old man flinched and scratched the back of his head before giving the two a humiliated smile yet again. "Oh me and my memory. I'll be back in a few, stay here....." He turned around and started walking away, but before he even got far he turned again to face them and called out. "And stay out of trouble!". Crystal sighed knowing that was for her more than the boy. She lifted her head up again to meet his eyes. "I know of you and your family, but I do not know your name...Would you mind if I ask?" She said with a small smile as she waited for the boy's response.

(@Rub\-a\-Dub\-Dubstep)

Noting the doting tone of her voice as she addressed her grandfather, Lennox knitted his brows together just slightly as his smile broadened in turn. Suffice to say, he envied her even more, but in a respectable sense. What a lucky girl she was to have her grandfather train her. Of course, Lennox wasn't at all dissatisfied with how his Casting control turned out, but he did wonder what it would be like if he was taught by other Ice Casters. He might've been able to do much more with his ability. Well... more than just offensive moves, certainly. Either way, he was sure to pick up a few things at the academy, so there was no use in sulking. If that's what you'd call it. Before he could ask any additional questions, one of the clerks from the food booths chimed in with his harsh, guttural complaint for Crystal's grandfather to pay for something. He must've forgotten about it while searching for the princess. Stepping aside as the old man shuffled toward the booth, Lennox cocked a brow at his heed for them to stay out of trouble. The way he said it seemed like it was directed almost entirely at Crystal. Ah, seems like I've got a troublemaker on my hands.

As amused as he was, he really couldn't stay long to chat. His family would be expecting him and he barely even got to explore the markets. In spite of all of that, he couldn't just leave her be, especially after her run-in with those asshats no too long ago. With her dressed the way she was, she was pretty much asking to get mugged... or worse. And aside from that, he felt a strange urge to interrogate her about Arabella. Maybe interrogate isn't the right word, but it sure as hell would feel like an interrogation on her end. The thing is, he'd never met another Ice Caster before -at least, none he could remember- and Lennox was the type of person to pry. He could talk your ears off for hours on end when necessary, and unfortunately, diplomacy never was his strong suit. Hopefully she'd comply. But it seems like she's already beating me to it. Managing a smile to match hers, He averted his eyes to avoid gawking for too long. "Not at all. Name's Lennox... Lennox Saeverine." He replied, a deep breath following suit. "So, what brings you to the Emerisian Aeres'Andes district, princess?" He asked, briefly looking her over once... and then twice. Don't be a creep. Though, anyone with properly functioning vision could see that she was a sight for sore eyes. Prejudice aside. You couldn't blame him.

@RoleplayChiQ

Crystal could literally feel her cheeks flush as he smiled back at her. 'Lennox' "What a unique name..." And a beautiful smile she wanted to add but decided not to considering it would probably creep him out. But then again surely some other girl already told him that, anyone with eyes can see how attractive this boy really is. She cleared her throat the same time she stopped her thoughts about how this boy's physical appearance affected her, acting this way was what her mother would call 'Unprincess Like' if that's even a word. "We've been traveling for quite awhile now, on our way to Caster Academy till my grandfather figured we didn't 'have enough' supplies to last us and decided to drop by the nearest town before making our way again. I told him not to since were not that far ahead after all..." She spoke in a soft voice, moving her gaze away from him every now and then to not make it seem like she's not gawking at his wonderfully sculpted features.

"And you...Lenox-" She called his name like it was something foreign and magical. "Are you not going there? It seems like were in the same age. Surely you are going as well." She added and talked in her regal ways like how she was raised by her parents, she wondered for a while if she'll ever to learn to speak the way others would. Formal, like they are all acquaintances of one another, common friends... She bit the inside of her cheeks hoping he would say that he too would be going to the Caster Academy here in Emirisia. It won't start in a few days after all, she and her grandfather were planning on staying at local Inn somewhere in town before the Academy starts.

"We will be staying at a local inn. Perhaps this district or somewhere closer to the Academy." She added before giving the nearby surroundings a unnecessary look for an Inn that was anywhere near. Sadly for Crystal, no luck. Surely Lennox lived somewhere close in this Emirisian Aeres'Andes district. Perhaps he knows a place where they could spend a day or two. Crystal mentally argued with herself whether she really wanted to stay in this town since its probably closer to where Lennox lived, the chances of them running into each other within the next days would be higher than if they stayed somewhere else, or if it is because of the towns local inhabitants and attractions. It was like a part of the real Old Country thrown in Emerisia.

@Rub\-a\-Dub\-Dubstep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back