IC RP

Inir nodded towards Varren when he saw the strange woman coming out from it's hiding spot aiming a crossbow at him. Rather than stay still, he step forward between Varren and the weapon as he spoke, "Do not shoot! I am a soldier of Vorch, they have sent me to seek aid in the war that is to come." he spoke as he started to investigate the woman, it's clothes and armor, the weapon itself. She wasn't just a peasant or a soldier lost in the way or guarding the spot. Though Inir couldn't trust Varren with such information and neither he wanted to fail to recognize her.

"You are from Erisdar, aren't you?" he asks as he makes a slowly step forward, "I'm not your enemy. I only need information on the state of your kingdom." he replies as he slowly glance over his shoulder to make eye contact with Varren, hoping he won't do something inappropriate. Meanwhile he would also make a plan of escape as he catches his horse on his way to look back to the mysterious woman.

Inir started to ponder if he was right on his assumption. If it is true... then the worst idea he could have thought just become true.

Varren was about to rush but Inir blocking the shot was a clear signal for Varren to not engage the woman. And Varren was getting the feeling Inir didn't trust him. Oh well that was the reason Varren made the request to have Inir be the leader of him. Eventually Varren may be trusted by Inir.

@ShadowBroker @Maevrys

Falor

location;  ???

The cat neko yawned,  his ear flickered slightly slightly to the side as he glanced into fire burning in front of him. Although he rather much wanted to stay, Falor knew it was time to for him to move on. He walked towards the lake he was breaking near,  scooping up some water into a wooden bowl he craved and dumped it on the camp fire. "I still haven't ran into these seven people...I wondered if the elder miscalculated something in that vision of his." Falor grabbed his bags and started to venture further into forest.  Hopefully he'll run into..whoever he was looking for

/monthly_2016_11/pf.png.6141ad1f8262aeadc4e622b7d917a9fb.pngI R I S    D R A ' E R    O F    E R I S D A R

She brought her crossbow closer to her when the one in armor moved, ready to strike if he made one wrong move. It surprised her when he moved in front of the other male, and then she was on her guard even more. They were working together. Friend or foe, it was two versus one. Physically she was outnumbered should a fight start, but she knew these forests very well and wasn't sure if the same could be said of them. When he told her not to shoot, her eyes stopped darting back and forth between them, centering in on only her armored target. Vorch? That was so far from here, how did he get into Gothia so quickly?

Moreover, he knew where she was from! What gave it away? Having fled the castle quickly, she hid a mark of her emblem under the leather armor she wore. Only someone of high status who had met with their people knew about the scales melded into armor, and while he looked high class, she couldn't tell what level that was. Revealing herself as the princess was dangerous, and it would be better they not know her identity. It wasn't cowardice that prevented her from telling him. No, it was wit. Only a fool stuck up in his pride would stand up and state his true identity.

He wanted information on her home and its affairs. Did they attack Vorch too? The thought went through her mind, sending horror into her very soul. Watching her loved ones die and be killed replayed over and over and over again in her mind. Focus. She couldn't be distracted. Had he been part of the attack, he would only be trying to victimize himself and lower her guard. His step forward towards her caused her to re-center her crossbow in warning. "Headed for Erisdar, you say? I don't know anything about its affairs," she bit out the lie, ignoring the flashes of terror telling her just how much of a lie it really was. "What brings on your curiosity for the affairs of a kingdom in the mountains?"

Her heart beat hard in her chest, and she took a silent, slow breath to try and calm herself. Focus. Focus... Focus.

Last edited by a moderator:

723d916d97da0db59faa066e35c93857.jpg
Azalea 

Azalea sat in the tall grass for ages it seemed. Azalea attempted to get her horse to budge, but he simply wouldn't. The horse had rested and eaten, but hadn't dranken, Azalea herself realized she was also thirsty. Begrudgingly, Azalea led her horse back to the delta between Arlan and Zael nearing some trees. She guided the white horse towards the water and it began to happily drink. Azalea turned around to check her surrounding and froze. About 50 feet away, a sleeping man layed against the tree and Azalea reached for her now slowly and carefully, not wanting to wake the man. She pulled an arrow from her quiver and loaded it into her hunting bow. Watching the man cautiously in case he moved. 

@Lorkhan

She kept the guard up, 'typical' his father would said. Jorah described the Dragons as wit people yet their cleverness also made them doubt their every move, making them cynical. Attributes good for liars and spies but not for times like this, not for chaos when people need each other. A wrong word or a wrong move and she would shoot, he may survive the shot having enough time to reach for the shield resting on the horse but killing an innocent woman isn't the way... not when they need the numbers more than ever.

"I heard they are very clever folks, they might know more about what happened..." flattering ideas with a silver tongue may smooth the situation rather than a sharpen sword, "I remember people from Erisdar and how interested they were on studying the agriculture of our farms. Interesting people... always distant." he slowly lowers his hand from his head as he wanted to seem confident but not entirely as he takes out his belt taking out his weapons and dropping it to a side, he makes a grin though his eyes still seemed haunted, "I will leave this here. I believe the both of us can talk better without pointing our weapons at each other, don't you think?" requesting she lowers her crossbow too.

Inir wanted to keep his identity anonymous, not because of the danger it might come to be... but the fact he never cared for high-born, he never saw a difference between the farms or the Lord on their castles. Everyone deserve the same amount of respect.

Arlan

Wiglaf had traveled some time when he came upon a woman leading a horse on a lead. She was dressed richly, and seemed much out of place in the marshy delta land. This intrigued Wiglaf. He decided to hide and follow the woman. He did so until she finally came to a rest by the waters of the delta, where she led her horse to drink. Wiglaf hid in the bushes and watched as she took note of another man, who he had not noticed before, sleeping under a tree. Shockingly, the woman drew an arrow in her bow as if she would shoot the man.

The time to act was upon him. This man might be in danger. He unslung his crossbow and leveled it at the woman, bursting through the bushes.

"Hark! Lay down your arms, lady." He ordered.

@DarknessSpirit@Lorkhan

/monthly_2016_11/pf.png.6141ad1f8262aeadc4e622b7d917a9fb.pngI R I S    D R A ' E R    O F    E R I S D A R

His knowledge of her people calmed her a bit, and her grip on her crossbow loosened. She lowered it down so it faced the ground, but wasn't ready to put it back in its sling. Even if his intent was true and he was no threat, she couldn't be sure of the other man next to him or anyone who might come by. Iris told herself it wasn't paranoia that caused this, it was wisdom.

"You seem to know quite a bit about the people of Erisdar," she murmured. "And quite a bit about Vorch as well."

"I am a hunter from Fetyr," her words came out softly as the sorrow of the events crashed through her mind once more. "A black storm surrounded the mountain and killed everything in sight. I watched my king, queen, and her children slaughtered and having been unable to do anything, I fled the scene." Iris looked straight into the eyes of the soldier. "Did this happen to your people too? Is this why you are headed for Erisdar?"

Iris turned her eyes to the man beside the soldier. "What of you? Do you hail from another kingdom? Are you a survivor of Gothia?"

"Now that you know the fate of Erisdar, what is your plan, soldier?" She held herself up limply, as though she could collapse at any moment. She wasn't weak, but the horror of the previous night waved heavy on her mind. Iris didn't know what she should do. If all the kingdoms had suffered this blow, where did they go from here? What would happen to them if they couldn't recover? Were their kingdoms destined for failure?

Varren sighed he was asked the same question before but now that he knew full well that the world outside of the forest was going to hell he was at first lost for words. "I hail from Vorch as well. But I left it 6 long years ago to fight some of the strongest people the country had to offer. And I have lived here in the forest for a year now with the occasional visitor who taught me how to live with nature. My names Varren. I know you must be scared but if you did the same thing to the wrong people the outcome would've been different so please think some before wildly pointing that Crossbow at people. And if you are both hungry I have a camp a minute or so back."

@Maevrys @ShadowBroker

"Damn it!" he said clear enough as he turned around, his hand reaching for his face holding the fear as he continues speaking, "The world is tearing apart and..." he takes a moment just to think about Castle Bear, how it was before leaving as he thought, "I should have stayed. I should have fought back instead of... this."

Inir looked back towards the woman as his hand lowers from his face and reaches for his belt where his sword and dagger lays, "I was expecting a sign of hope, honestly." He answered as he stared at the ground, shaking his head. His body turned back to the both as he prepared his belt, "What you saw on your Kingdom... It was ten times worse. I could heard people screaming in the streets below me. I was at Castle Bear when the first sign of darkness arrived, everyone panic when the flames raised from no where, everyone trying to defend itself." he makes a pause as he continues to express what happened with details, trying to show he is not lying, "Friends, family... parents and children. It wasn't their fight, but they bough us time with their lives." but this last sentence wasn't for any of them, it was for him. He seemed tormented not being capable to fulfill his duty.

When Varren spoke up, he would get distracted as he finally see to reason; he will need to eat any time soon, gather supplies, more water. Yet one thing at the time, "You should come with us, Hunter. We need to see for ourselves what is left of the rest of the Kingdoms."

Azalea 

Azalea watched the sleeping man, glancing between her drinking horse and the man. If he awoke, she'd shoot him. That's what she decided. She'd never killed a man before. The thought scared her. She startled as a voice sounded from behind her. Azalea spun around and aimed her bow at the man, alarmed. Beneath her mask of determination and and narrowed eyes, she looked tired, weary and frightened. Her stance was perfect. In close quarters, she'd be no match, but she'd  never missed a shot. Azalea shook her head, her eyes flicking between the crossbow aimed at her and the mans face. "You first." Azalea said fiercely, but her voice shook slightly. She waited, tense. 

@Shireling @Lorkhan

She listened to him echo the tragedy she saw in her own kingdom, the lives lost but said nothing to argue whose was worse. The bottom line was that both their kingdoms were being hunted, and very possibly the others were too. She hoped that other royal families had survived, that there could be someone who knew the weight of her pain. The soldier and the man named Varren may have suffered, but only a fellow royal could understand the weight of what it meant to be her, the last living royal in her family. It meant that when everything was through, she would take the throne. It wouldn't be her brother, and she wouldn't have the assistance of her family.

Iris wasn't even sure she would have the assistance of any of their elders, not knowing what had become of them. Both of these men were from Vorch and both seemed loyal to their country alone. The likelihood, in her mind, of getting their help was minimal. After a moment of mulling it over in her mind, Iris made slow movements to put her crossbow back in its sling so the other two understood she wasn't going to attack. Even though Varren mentioned hunger, Iris couldn't even begin to think of food. Logic was swept away with sorrow.

The female nodded her head solemnly and waited for them to lead the way. Her eyes wandered to the country behind her beyond this forest, wondering and hoping that someone had survived, that they would find her and help her extract vengeance on those who meant her harm. She wondered if they would come across anyone from Gothia, and every part of her being hoped that they would find more than rubble and corpses left behind. I'm all alone now. Brother, I miss you so.

|| Falor||

Location; Gothia foreset ? 

Falor proceed ahead, his tail dragging behind him on the ground ,some dust begin to get tangled  I'm it, nothing to bad. the neko's ear twitch at the sound of voices so he followed them and picked up his pace."is it those royal children ? about time! " little did Falor know, it wasn't the children he was looking for, instead it was a group of humans. Falor climbed the tree to get a safer look." Come on you stupid cats freaks . .is this the best you can do?! I thought you guys where suppose to be better then this!"a tall man threw the bronze cup at the cat's head

"S-sorry..we aren't like the canines . ...we are best at hunting."

"Tch, I don't care what your good at .  being usless isn't going to get us rich! Get back to work stupid monster ! "

Falor's ears shot up in alert...some of his missing people where here . .kept as slaves to." that old man was wrong after all..I'm going to help them without those seven." he growled .  could his family members be here to?

Inir moved his hand towards the horse's ropes as he thought of a way to make her reconsider of their situation, "Then mount my horse, we shall move to Arlan." He spoke needing someone to lead the horse. He search on a small bag from it, his telescope comes out as he shakes his hand, rubbing with his finger the lens, "Varren you will need to pick up the camp with the food and all. Arlan had plans and weapons against this foe; they may know how to fight them." he makes a pause as he thinks on the possibility it remained still without great loses, possibly the Arlan's army is intact and the darkness didn't dare to attack.

He lastly gave the telescope to Varren as he thought he may need it to scout the area before reaching the camp. They will need to know what is further away before continue advancing at any direction, "You might need this." he express as the object lays on Varren's hand, "If I told you to meet us at the other side of the forest, where the river grows wider, at the entrance of Arlan's forest; would you know where this is?" he asked just to ensure that if anything happened, everyone knew where to go if they separate.

Wiglaf Svinsen

Wiglaf tightened his grip on the lever. A flick of the wrist could kill her, but that wouldn't do. He frowned. "I am a forester of the King of Arlan. Would you dare assault a servant of the crown?"

It was another lie. Wiglaf was starting to think he was becoming a pathological liar. His heart dropped when he realized the family crest of the Svinsen was emblazoned on the right breast of his chestplate. He used his arm to quickly and strategically cover it. He hoped that would work.

Damon Salderris
Near the Arlan-Zael border
sun-vector_t.jpg

"Estimate a body count, Corwin." Damon ordered his second in command, both of them standing on a golden hilltop, overlooking the blackened battlefield. Damon looked the part of a soldier again, with his hair matted and just beginning to grey. His surcoat had been torn in battle and singed from spellfire. Corwin looked just as battered, his once pristine plate armor dulled and nicked from battles past. Before them, bodies stretched on as far as the eye could see, dead Inquisitors and mages, their blood staining the field a sickening black. Swords, spears and arrows stuck out from the earth. "Shall I have medics scour the battlefield for survivors as well?" Corwin asked, fanning smoke from his face. "Yes, but not unguarded." Damon replied. "And make it quick. We'll need to regroup as soon as we can before we can attack the next stronghold. If you need me for anything else, Lieutenant, I'll be in my tent."

"Yes, sir." Corwin said, saluting, before running off to bark orders at the men behind him.

"Hark! Lay down your arms, lady!"

Damon's eyes snapped open, and before he realized it, he had his sword drawn, ready to leap at the next thing that moved. He frowned tightly as he found a young girl in tattered silks facing him, no older than a teenager with an arrow nocked in her bow. Aimed at him, he realized. Are noble girls resorting to banditry already?  Damon thought bitterly. Just then, her aim shifted as a rustling sound came from the bushes, followed by young man barreling out. That was the one who had just shouted him awake, Damon presumed. He was as richly dressed as the girl, which also troubled him a great deal, but he was pointing a loaded crossbow at her.

"Who are you two?" Damon hissed with no small amount of venom in his voice. "If you intend to rob me, then come and take what you want from me if you can."

"Out of the two of us who here has lived in this forest for a year? Besides I would be more worried about you and the lady getting out. But if you feel I should get the camp packed up fine. Just be aware that means we can't eat until we find a place to stop. Because I don't want any we're hungry or when's lunch out of either of you." Varren picked up speed wondering what these cloud creatures that the soldier mentioned were. "Maybe if one of the other kingdoms are standing we could learn about these cloud creatures." 

@Maevrys @ShadowBroker

|| Falor||

Location; Gothia foreset ? 

Falor drew his daggers from the pockets on his belt ,  leaping down at the humans who kept his people. he manged to swipe one across the eye and readied his self for the next attack." I'll warn you once ,  let them all go or else. "  The man with the now one eye had grabbed a crossbow and shot it at Falor. the arrow manged to perice Falor in the chest. it missed any important  organs ,  but it was still pretty bad." Get him! the more the better ! " the leader shouted .  ok..maybe this  wasn't a good idea. Falor needed to flee..so he did .  the humans where  hot on his tail .  Soon enough Falor had found his self surrounded .  the only way he could save his self was by tossing his self in a rushing stream, so he did .  Falor was sweeped by the current ,  his vision was getting blurry and his mind going blank. soon enough his eyes where shut while being punished by the harsh waves. could one little mistake be the end of him

Chaos. Chaos and he's thinking about food. He acted as though he was the only one with knowledge of how to find food. He might have lived in this forest for a year, but she had studied it far longer. Still, she decided to stay quiet. They didn't know who she was and wanted to give them no reason to be suspicious. As a rule, very few left the country. Their blood was ancient and mixing it with other people was dangerous. Not that people had any reason to desire living elsewhere. The people of her kingdom were very happy with its rulers.

Even the weak ones who were low in status understood why life was difficult for them. The ignorant ones who chose to be ignorant either accepted the ways of Erisdar or left for a different place, in hopes they would be more understanding.

Iris tilted her head when the soldier offered her his horse. Did he suspect something from her? Or did he offer it because she was a woman? It was really a lose-lose situation for him, because in her current mood she would either be suspicious of what he knew or offended that he thought she needed a horse because she was a woman. "I prefer travelling on foot," the female commented. "In case we run into an attack, I won't need to worry about a dead animal falling on top of me. And if they aim my way, I won't have to regret the animal dying for my sake. Best you be the one to ride your steed. It's likely the beast would rather die for you."

Arlan, huh? The soldier had good ideas. She remembered learning about the country, how it coveted the most knowledge on the old tales. Those things that attacked her people were magic wielders. Arlan would best know how to deal with the forbidden art of magic. Perhaps there was a way to kill those things that appeared as gas forms of darkness. She was sure a sword would not work against them, and certainly not an arrow. If only they had magic to combat the monsters, they might stand a chance in their current states.

Azalea 

Azalea was as smart a whip, as raised so, she always had her head dived in a book. She listened to his explanation of "who" he was, but her eyes flicked to the family crest on his chest plate, and her aim faltered for a moment. Hope rising in her chest. He was alive, she didn't stop aiming at him, but she slightly lowered her bow. "Liar." It came out a soft whisper/half-accusing. 

Just then, the sleeping man awoke, who answered with as much coldness Azalea had ever heard from a man. Azalea stepped back, so she could glance at both of them without turning around. She stood in the middle, her bow lowered but loaded and  ready to shoot the next one that moved. "I'm not here to rob you, you great idiot." Azalea replied sharply to the newly awaken man. 

@Lorkhan @Shireling

Arkady ran a hand through his hair, his eyes wide, as he pressed his back against a tree and caught his breath. He swore he could still feel the heat on his skin, and hear the screams in his ears. His heart was racing faster than a fish from a hawk, each best pounding on his chest, his heart aching to burst. He could hear his heart beating in his ears... Thump thump... Thump thump... Thump thump... The more he focused on it, the faster it got... Thump thump, thump thump, thump thump, thump thump. He was panicking, breaking down. He collapsed, his legs giving out, blood splattering on the grass from his violent coughing fit. His heartbeat filled his ears, he could feel it in his head... It was going to drive him insane. He fell onto his side, finally catching his breath.

"Hark! Lay down your arms, lady!"

The words echoed through the forest, followed by the flapping wings of startled birds. He sighed, and wiped the blood from his lips, getting to his feet and pressing his back against the tree half-heartedly, to stay hidden. He peeked around, his eyes tightening, scanning the foliage for movement. Luckily, he didn't have to scan for long. The source of the voice was but a few trees over, crossbow aimed at a woman treating her horse. Within a few seconds, it was a triangle, a sleeping man having awoken to join the conflict. Being the smart man he was, Arkady stuck to the tree, staying hidden until the time was opportune.

Wiglaf

Wiglaf slowly lowered his crossbow and looked towards the man, then the redheaded woman. 

"Who are you? Who are you both?" He asked in a measured tone indicative of a public official. His oily hair was ruffled with debris strewn about it and his woodsman's garb was dirty from days of travelling. The only thing that dodnt seem disheveled about him were his keen, intelligent eyes. 

Damon Salderris
Near the Arlan-Zael border
sun-vector_t.jpg

"I am a forester of the King of Arlan. Would you dare assault a servant of the crown?" 

Damon seriously doubted that statement. For one thing, Arlanian foresters did not usually dress like that. In any case, whoever this lordling boy was, he was not a common bandit. But why would he save a complete stranger? More importantly, why was this woman out to kill him, if not to steal his valuables? "Who are you? Who are you both?" asked the boy, hesitantly lowering his crossbow. "Well, at least one of us is willing to be reasonable here." said Damon gruffly. "Damon Salderris. High Commander of the Inquisition." 

Inir would nod towards Varren in hopes he would know the way on the forest, giving him the order to travel to his camp and gather what he has to the next checkpoint, then he whispers, "You know your ways on the forest and beyond, you alone might faster than the three of us together. We will reach or you will have to continue on your own. Whatever the end, we must find a way to stop the darkness, Varren. The lives of not only Vorch, but entire Sarthenfall depends on it."

He would step away as he retakes the ropes of his horse and gently rubs the horse's head as he begins to pull, "Have it your way." he replies towards the woman but then he would ensure the both knew his name; knowing his name wouldn't be in the mouth of anyone since Inir passed his years almost outside Vorch, working on the farms, haunting bandits, bringing law and order to the lands as a Knight of Vorch. No one refer to him as a royal family nor he would being to call himself that, "My name is Inir..." he said almost careless, "I believe it would be better we call each other by our names rather than call out our professions." a name without surname, almost perfect. He was safe from both of them... though anyone on Gothia may be able to recognize him. Good that he isn't going to travel there.

His gaze moves towards the right direction as he begins pulling the horse with the bags resting on the sides, nodding once more towards Varren. Inir starts walking through the deep forest, towards Arlan...

Arkady smiled a little bit to see resolve, relaxing his shoulders a bit. He smiled with relief, and felt his heart calming in his chest, like a dog worn out after play. He closed his eyes and calmed his racing mind, rethinking his plan. Goddamn, that would've been stupid... He thought, realizing one of his many habits. I never think ahead, do I..? He thought, as he opened his eyes. He still didn't want to interrupt... Night was falling soon, he'd assumed. If these people got together and made camp tonight, he'd have more time to think about possible course of action. Time to inspect them, assess a threat... And more importantly, take some loot.

The thought sent chills up his spine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back