IC Posting Section

After their talk, Valkyrie left Era to her devices which meant it was time for Era to train with Fae, as promised. Valkyrie, in the meantime, returned to her room to rest and meditate on her power as per Era's instruction and advice gained during their chat.

Era met Fae in the gravity room and cranked the gravity until Fae said her body had a hard time adjusting, which came at around 46-48x gravity. Once there, Era and Fae began their training with Era powered down to a level more equivalent to Fae's own though slightly stronger to give herself enough of an advantage to push her properly. Their training lasted for approximately 6 hours straight before Fae finally collapsed and the two of them walked out together to give the next users their turn.

After a few words, Era returned to her room to shower.

As she let the warm and soothing water pour over her body, she suddenly recalled something she'd been meaning to ask Elprede. Something important for her and him as well. He likely wouldn't enjoy her question, though she was certain he'd play it off as normal or something he was expecting. He had a real hard time showing his emotions and, worse still, admitting to them. Still, it had to be done.

When her shower was over, she dressed herself and went to Elprede's room. However, on the trip over, something told her to come back at another time. She turned around and instead ventured to Valkyrie's room where she sensed a strange new energy which she'd never felt before beginning to coalesce. She knocked on the door and found it to be open, and thus she walked inside uninvited and saw Valkyrie seated cross-legged on the floor with her ands in her lap and her eyes closed from intense concentration.

Era sat down on the edge of the bed and watched Valkyrie, feeling out her energy and trying to familiarize herself with it as she sensed it shift. However this change brought a smile as a new thought arose in her mind about what was going on. She sat back lazily and let Valkyrie continue to concentrate on her task at hand, as she was clearly making progress and Era didn't want to disturb her.

The next morning, Era woke to the light of the nearest star peeking through the window of her room. Last night in Valkyrie's room there was something of a revelation concerning Val's power and it brought a boost of confidence to both of them. As Era straightened out and stood up to look outside, she wondered just what was going on back on Metahnn. Faero wouldn't have reached it yet, but what of the new "king?" Just what was he doing to her home and her people?

@KingHink @ChazGhost @Deathrattle BB

Early in the morning Pyro was teaching his "elite" students. Pyro was in his first form and keeping his power level low as his student tried to hit him. Pyro dodged their attacks and countered them easily. "Come on you three, I'm not even using seventy five percent of my first forms power. " Pyro said before his three students charged at him all at once. Pyro sighed and spined around and slammed his tail into his students. They were launched into the wall and fell down into a pile. "Sense you three were unable to touch me I'll have you three do laps around the ship... a thousand laps." Pyro said pointing at the door. The three looked at the door and sighed before running out. "I'll know if you slack off and if you do I'll add another five hundred laps!" Pyro yelled as they ran out.

Soon after his student left Pyro activated the chamber to hire levels of gravity and began his training. At 50x gravity and in low power levels of his first form Pyro began doing his own laps. Half way through his laps he had holographic target pop up randomly. He fired ki blast as he continued the laps. He hit the targets with small explosion each time. After laps and target practice he began his weight lifting...

Meanwhile Pyro's "elite" students were now relaxing in the mess hall knowing Pyro couldn't track there laps. "It been hell man." Disco said taking a sip of a funky looking bottle of beer.

"I know but its the best way to get strong is to do his training. I don't want to be taking down as easy as I was against that fox ever again!" Jaws said slamming his fist into the table, destroying it.

"I just want to make Pyro proud and maybe just show up those sayains up the process." Alice said picking up her soda of the table before Jaws destroyed the table...

At the Communications panel the officer in charge noticed a weak incoming signal.

"Hey! Focus on that signal there." He ordered.

"Yes sir!" Another officer said back.

The signal was garbled and broken at first and it took several minutes to fine tune the antennae to pick it up properly. But when it finally came through it was in a language which none of the crew could understand or recognize.

"Get master Pyro on the line, now!" The head officer yelled.

"Yessir!""

*Beep*

*Beep*

*Beep*

Pyro's new Scouter, made by Elprede, began beeping to get his attention as the Communications officers tried to reach him.

When he next picked up the Scouter and patched the line through, this was their message:

"Master Pyro! A communication message has come through in a language we do not recognize. But it's weak and was very difficult to decipher. Perhaps you, the Saiyans, or the Nephelem would know who it's coming from?"

@ChazGhost

The door closed behind Faeora as she entered her room, leaving her standing in relative darkness. Faeora was quite fatigued, as should be expected after going six hours in intense training. Yet as tired as she was, she made no hurry to head to her bed. Instead, she stripped down and headed for the shower. Her body was understandably sore, but thankfully the hot water helped to sooth the aches of hard work. 

Underneath the water, she stood still. Letting it falling her as she contemplated things. Among them, words exchanged at Era's meeting. Fae could not imagine any amount of Era's encouragement that would remove those feelings from her. To be honest, Fae could not help but feel that her position in the formation came from condescending pity. No. No, that was not fair. Era wasn't like that. Or if it was, she didn't realize she was doing it. Irregardless, Fae could not help but view her position there as anything more than a weak link. And there she fell into her normal trap of self loathing. Why should she be there if she could not compete with Era in a fight where they needed to be serious? Why there instead of with the rest of Pyro's crew who could not keep up with the powerful ones? How could such a move not be one made from pity? 

She played through scenarios within her mind. And the ones that Faeora felt she fit into were the ones where they could afford to "play" with the enemy. With lives on the line... every one of them would fight circles around her. To rely on her as a fighter was, as Fae believed, a strategic liability. And Fae did not think Era so dimwitted as to leave such a liability in place. Undoubtedly that was likely why she was fighting in the same branch as Era. So she could watch over Fae and throw weaker and more insignificant enemies at Fae.

Fae could not bring herself to be mad over this, even though she did not like the thought. It only made sense that Fae would not be relied on as a combatant. If she was intellectually honest, Fae would not be able to justify any place of importance. If she was in Era's shoes, Fae would not have been able to bring herself to allow that said strategic liability either.

So then... what could be done... even now, Fae knew she was growing in leaps and bounds. Already stronger than what she ever thought she would be capable of. Yet, how could it be enough? Even if she did reach a comparable base power... most all of them could multiply their powers to dwarf hers. Even more, each of them wielded abilities that put them even further ahead. Pyro and Valkyrie with their transformations. Era and prodigal genius or martial arts with numerous advanced techniques. And Elprede, with supposed ki nullification techniques, and the sort of speed that rendered most things irrelevant, topped with his own transformations. All were well equipped to handle the sort of incredible powers they planned to face off against. But Fae, in comparison... had nothing. She thought herself tough... but those powers could break her. Her own techniques, even, paled in comparison to theirs. And what good was she if she could not compare? At best, a cheerleader. At worst, a bystander that got in the way. And what good was it... when hard work had never gotten her very far...

So caught up she was in her pessimistic ponderings, that she didn't notice the shower had automatically turned off minutes ago. Leaving her to just stand their dripping. It wasn't until a draft from a vent sent a chill up her wet body that she looked up and shook herself out of her thoughts. She stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel and began to dry herself off.

Depressing though her thoughts had been, giving up was not even considered. If hard work was all she had, then hard work would be the tool she used. Self pity was about as worthless as she sometimes believed herself to be. She tossed her towel aside and sat on her bed. She needed to reevaluate the situation.

Right now, her training was aimless. To raise her strength to meet theirs. But even should she reach that level, it would be for nothing. Sure she might match those of an equal power level, but it was folly to expect the enemy to be as strong as or weaker than her. It was folly to believe that just rising in power cold make her comparable to them. She needed to contribute more than just power level. She needed a direction to her training. But she also needed to not let her training be a burden to the others, when they could be spending time training and growing stronger as well. As it was now, training Fae was hardly a worthwhile investment. 

She paused, recalling similar words from that thing from that place. She quickly ignored the wayward thought less she dwell on what happened there. Anyway, becoming a Super Saiyan was a worthy a goal. If it was even possible. Era would undoubtedly unravel it's mystery well sooner than her. But that brought into question if it was even possible for Fae to transform with borrowed genes. It was something she would put her money on yet.

So then... how far COULD Fae push her body? How could she use what she had to create something for her advantage? A thought drifted by. A fleeting spark of inspiration that vanished well before it grew any sort of defined nature. Fae knew she was talented in manipulating her inner ki. With the anchoring and the pooling of ki and it's channeling... to what extreme could she take that... in ways that her body would not rip itself to shreds.What sort of power could she coax from herself...

It was worth further contemplation. She layer down on her bed and curled up underneath the covers. She learned things about herself back then, on that planet... as much she did not want to think back to it, maybe an answer was there...

With a few random thoughts after that, she drifted off to sleep. With which, in early morning hours of the following day, Faeora had not yet awoken. Having been in a deep sleep from the strains of the training. But she was well disciplined to wake up easily enough. Yet as of right now, sleeping in was earned.

@ChoShadow @Deathrattle BB @ChazGhost

Pyro was was in the middle of weight lifting when the message came to his scouter. "I'll up there now." Pyro said messaging back before trowing the weights off him and turned the high gravity off. In a few minutes Pyro entered the main bridge. "Okay what is this message you called about." Pyro said walking over to the communication panel.

"We got this signal captain, it's in a unknown language and its very weak. We can't decode it currently. Do you know what it says?" the communicate officer said.

"I have no idea... Kinda sound like a bug or something... Maybe the fox's computer can help us.." Pyro said downloading the message from the signal and sending it off the Elprede. He added his own message with saying "Can you or the your AI counter part figure out what they are saying?".

@Deathrattle BB @ChoShadow @KingHink

Elprede was snoozing quite peacefully in his bed, the first truly good sleep he had gotten in some time. Most of the time it was plagued with others coming to wake him up for something. Unfortunately, that was the case this time as well. The insufferable beeping of a message ringing in his head was probably the worst sound he will ever hear; not because it was actually that bad, but because of how absolutely, utterly, positively annoying it was. There was just no equal in this world or the next that could quite compare to Jasmine dinging from a message sent to her.

Jasmine, as well, was quite annoyed by this as well. She was especially infuriated when it had woken Elprede up. As per protocol, however, she did answer it. "What is it?" She asked venomously. Elprede yawned and sat up in the bed, rubbing his eyes.

Don't be so harsh, dear.He chided sleepily. It isn't their fault that they woke us up.

Jasmine only sighed. That doesn't change how annoying it is.

Regardless... no point in getting angry about it anymore. He retorted. He got up and opened his door, exiting and speeding over to the room that Pyro would likely be in to have called for him. He was stretching his arms over his head -- Pyro would probably have barely gotten a single word in response to Jasmine before he was there. "What is it, Pyro?" He asked with a small groan as a joint in his arm popped. He yawned again. "I was sleeping."

@ChazGhost @ChoShadow @KingHink

"Well we just got this" Pyro said signaling his man at the desk to play the signal. It was in a strange language that sounded like something no normal humanoid species could make. "It's in some kind of strange language that sounds a little buggy. Then the signal it self isn't completely clear which adds to the confuse. So I need you or well I need your computer, Jasmine, to decode this and figure out what the hell they are saying." Pyro said as the signal kept playing behind him.

Meanwhile in the mess hall...

Jaws was trying to put the table he broke back together with a bottle of glue and tape. "Pyro is going kill me...." Jaws said worried. Disco and Alice just sat in their chairs and watched Jaws try to put the table back together.

"You do know Jaws dog that you ain't putting that back together with just children's glue and tape?" Disco asked looking down at jaws as he was drinking his beer.

"What do you mean? I saw it done before on tv..." Jaw said surprised looking up

"That was a cartoon" Alice said with a deep sigh

Elprede only deftly listened to what Pyro was saying after the message had started playing. To be fair, he had heard it technically from all the way in his room; his hearing was simply that sensitive. It had to be when you were as fragile a creature as he was. "It's C'thillian," he stated in the middle of Pyro talking. He didn't need Jasmine for this one.

He let it play once over again, particularly listening to what the message entailed this time around. He knew the language quite well; he had gone there for some time to actually learn some of their engineering techniques, something he had never quite shared with the Nephelem. He had made an oath to them that he would never share their secrets unless he was explicitly given permission to. After a few moments, he frowned deeply.

"It's a distress signal, I'm afraid. This isn't good." He said, looking up towards the ceiling. "Jasmine."

Recording now, sir. Shall I send it to Era, Valkyrie, and Fae?

Yes. He answered mentally, then spoke aloud. "Era, Valkyrie, Fae, I request that come to the meeting room of the ship immediately. It seems a problem has come across, one that isn't really advisable we ignore." He turned around, waving for Pyro to come with him. "Come on, you'll need to be there, too."

@ChazGhost @ChoShadow @KingHink

Last edited by a moderator:
Era and Valkyrie were both resting in their rooms when the message from Elprede reached their Scouters. They rose and made their way to the meeting room and sat down at the table to hear what all the fuss was about.

And not long after Elprede and Pyro arrived the message was relayed and the origin of it being from the C'thilians was brought to their attention.

"You're certain of this origin?" Era asked.

One of Pyro's crewmen simply nodded.

"If this is truly C'thilian, then we must make haste! We cannot let them fall prey to whatever it is that's attacking them. They are a faithful and important ally to the Saiyan Race, and I won't let them be conquered or killed!" Valkyrie said forcefully as she looked at Pyro.

"If we're not yet on our way to the signal's source, then get us moving!" She demanded.

@Deathrattle BB @ChazGhost @KingHink

@Deathrattle BB @KingHink @ChoShadow

Pyro listened to what Elprede said and was wondering one thing, who the hell was the C'thillian. "Wait who are..." Pyro said with a sigh as Elprede already left for the meeting room. He entered the room right after Elprede. Then he listened to Era and Valkyrie talk. "We were already heading in that direction but before we get moving any faster in that direction I want to know a few things, Who the hell are they and what will I... I mean we have to gain from going there? I have a crew to pay and I like to know what we'll gain from this." Pyro said crossing his arms.

Back to the mess hall...

Alice and Disco was now watching from a distance as Jaws made his mess even bigger. The broken table was now a glob of glue, tap, and table pieces. Then around it there was several bottles of glue and empty tape containers. "How mad do you think Pyro is going to be?" Alice asked Disco.

"Who know chicky, but I'm more wondering were Jaws got all this glue and tape?" Disco said looking at the pile of glue bottles. 

Valkyrie rolled her eyes and gave Pyro a "really?" kind of stare.

"The C'thilians are, to put it simply, the most technologically advanced race in the known universe. They are insectoids, but despite all appearances their knowledge and mastery of every aspect of technology in all of its various and imaginable forms is without equal." She said.

Era nodded.

"Indeed. If the C'thilians are taken over or wiped out, then the universe as a whole will suffer for it. If you want proof, Pyro, then take this to heart: Without the C'thilians, there would be no such thing as a Scouter. They're the original creators of all the kinds of technology which can scan beings and measures their various elements including their Ki."

After explaining what had just happened and when Valkyrie and Era explained who the C'thilians were, Elprede nodded.

"The only things that were made before the C'thilians could was warp travel - made by us, obviously - and Jasmine. I'm still not sure if they have figured out how we had done it yet, as far as I know, nobody has figured out yet how we had created Jasmine. However, they were the first to know of her existence..." He rubbed his chin. "Regardless, without them, we all suffer significantly for it. I even had gone to their home world to learn their ways of making technology and how they come up with their amazing stuff. That's how I made your Scouters in the span of 4 days with only little bits of spare parts."

Elprede looked proud for a momrnt, however, it disappeared quickly. "The C'thilians are a very close ally of the Nephelem. I will be flying there immediately if you decide we aren't going, or forcing this ship there myself. We have to help them."

@ChoShadow @ChazGhost @KingHink

I wonder why I never heard of them if they invented the scouters... Either way if there super advance like they are saying than if I save them I could get some nice upgrades to the skip... Pyro thought to himself after being told what the C'thilians were. "Don't worry, the ship is already going in that direction as I said before. And I'll have the pilot head straight to that planet." Pyro said looking at one of his crew member who followed him to the meeting room. The crew member then headed off to tell the pilot to go to the C'thilians planet. "Now was there any details to signal we should be aware of fox? Like what trouble they are having and maybe who or whats is causing the trouble. " Pyro asked.

Elprede tipped his head back, letting the memory run through his head once more. Jasmine offered to simply replay it for him since she had picked it up as well, but it wasn't needed. It wasn't as if his memory was bad; he'd need good memory to know over 30 different languages off the top of his head, and many more that he couldn't remember until he heard it. C'thilian just happened to be one of those he used constantly for several years, it was second nature now.

"Roughly..." He started, trailing off, and then started once more. "Something along the lines of an unknown threat and they needed immediate aid. Which, in my book-" he looked pointed at Pyro. "Means you should fire up the warp drives if they haven't already been and get there as fast as possible. Jasmine has already sent you the exact coordinates now."

After that, he turned around. "I'll send them a forwarded message telling them that we're coming. And for the love of any god or goddess, gods or goddesses you all believe in, PLEASE don't do anything you think might be considered offensive, and just let Jasmine and I translate."

@ChoShadow

@ChazGhost

Pyro sighed and said "So they literal told us nothing of whats attacking them... I'll have the ship go warp speed but not all the way there. I want to be able to see what attacking them before risking my crew's live and my ship.". Then Pyro started getting up. "As long as you two translate word for word what I say to them then we have no problems... Through I can't promise my crew will do the same. We are pirates after all." Pyro said heading to the door.

@ChoShadow @Deathrattle BB

Meanwhile in the mess hall...

"How did he do this?" Alice asked watching Jaws get stuck in a giant ball of glue, tape, and multiply broken tables.

"It's his own groove babe. And it's one strange groove" Disco said with a sigh before walking over to the glue ball. "So any ideas to get the chum bait out?"...

Era and Valkyrie nodded as Elprede mentioned that they should be moving as fast as possible, and as Pyro confirmed that he ship would be heading there with all due haste they both took their leave from the meeting room.

They then made their way to the main door of the ship to wait for the moment that they arrived on the planet where the source of the signal was coming from.

The C'thilians almost never operated from their home planet when it came to business, which was the only reason they ever left it. So wherever they were going was likely just a backwater planet with which they were using to conduct business with another allied/client race.

But who would attack them?

The Darkhoods had no interest in the affairs of such beings. They had all the tech they needed to do what they wanted. So who then?... Who?

"Any thoughts at all Era about who we're about to deal with?" Valkyrie asked.

"Not a one. I can't think of anyone who'd be willing to attack the C'thilians like this. The dangers of killing them and losing the potential to produce such advanced technology as that which the universe had never seen before doesn't strike me as a wise plan of attack for anyone. If subjugation is their goal, that's one thing... But listening to that message and the urgency in the sender's voice has me thinking that whoever is there means to destroy them."

"You can tell from a voice?"

"Yes. Didn't you hear the strain in the sender's voice? The fear? Such physical strain just to speak and the inherent fear don't come from a creature about to be subjugated. They come from a being who just fought for its life and is on its last legs. The sooner this blasted vessel gets us to the planet, the better."

"Agreed. Whoever is responsible is going to pay for this, and pay dearly..."

Valkyrie brought up her right hand and a miniature version of the aura of a Super Saiyan appeared on her palm.

"I'll make sure of it." She growled.

Shortly after Pyro left the meeting room he traveled to the main deck. After giving the directions to planet the signal came from the ship warp drive activated and the began traveling at high speeds in that directions. "Make sure to stop a good distance away from the planet. I want to know what we are deal with here before rushing into it." Pyro ordered the pilot who nodded back...

Soon they made it to there destination. They were several thousand miles away from the planet currently. "Scan the planet for power levels and find were the C'thilians are currently. If you find any higher then usual power levels on the planet mark it down." Pyro order the ship slowed down. The ship was moving slowly to the planet as the crew on the main deck started trying to get a layout of the planet and what they maybe deal with.

@ChoShadow @Deathrattle BB @KingHink

Tenzo

Currently in a ship moving at light speed, a saiyan male was listening to a distress call. This had been his eleventh time listening to it. He sighed slowly before getting out of the drivers seat of his ship. Pressing a button that read auto pilot he did a quick sweep of the room he was currently in. It was a big room for a cockpit. Mostly black and white with some gold and red here and there. There were 12 seats in the cockpit each situated in front of certain controls. The cockpit was actually large enough to be considered a large living space. As the man was doing a quick sweep of the cockpit his eyes would land on a 5 feet long sword that was leaning against the wall.

"Ahh there's my baby, did you miss daddy? Of course you did."He would say in voice that was usually reserved for children and babies.

Grabbing the sword he walked out of the cockpit while whisteling a jolly tune. Walking down a spacious corridor he would pass many doors before enetering the newest room on the ship, the training room. Well not necessarily the newest but the most recently updated one. Beaming in pride he walked into the training room he staggered a little as he was hit with 5 times gravity. Balancing himself he turned to look at another person who was currently in here, his sister Adria was currently fighting a namekian hologram.

He watched her train for a bit

"Just finished updating the training room and you're already back in it. Why am I not surprised?" He said lightly as he watched her continued to fight the namekian hologram.

"You're not surprised because you know me too well." His sister smashed the head of the namekian in before turning to her brother sweat dripping down her face.

She was currently only wearing an undershirt and some lose pants. Walking to the back wall she operated a screen on it which had a number five on it turning into a zero.

"Why are you here brother? Come to train with me?" She asked.

He shook his head.

"Nah, I'm just here to ask if you heard the distress message."

"Yeah I heard the message. Sebastian translated it for me. Thanks Sebastian."

"You're welcome." A robotic voice responded sounding pleased through the intercom.

Adria nodded slightly then resumed talking to her brother.

"Isn't that were we are currently heading."

"Yeah that’s were we are currently heading. We should be there soon. However that’s not the only  reason I came here. I came to train with my cute little sister as well as to tell you that there another ship heading towards them. Sebastian was able to sense them on his radar. They should already be over there."

Adria nodded as she powered up and turned the gravity back up to 5.

"Sebastian, my weapons please."

Out of the wall a shield and a sword were both pulled out by some mechanical arms. Grabbing her things she went into her battle position, shield in front while body poised low with her blade low as well.

"We should be there in another 30 minutes, enough time for a short round" She said, eyes focused on her brother.

She gave her brother a little nod stating that she was ready. He sighed as he grabbed his sword out of its sheath and immeditely dashed at her commencing the training session.

Era and Valkyrie felt the ship enter warp space, and as it exited a few minutes later they felt the ship stop. However as they looked out the window they saw that the planet was still visible a good distance away.

Valkyrie growled and made her way to the bridge where she glared at one of the crewmen.

"Is there any good reason we're still in orbit?!" She asked with suppressed rage building in her voice.

"The Captain wants to know what we're dealing with before we head to the surface." The crewman replied.

Valkyrie made a "tch" sound.

It was then that another crewman at a monitor called out to Pyro.

"Sir, scans have come in. It looks like there's one being down there with a power level of roughly 90 million sir. The rest are at or below around 800,000." He said.

Valkyrie looked to Pyro.

"You have your answer, Pyro. Now get us down there!" She barked as she turned and left to wait by the ship's main door again with Era at her heels.

Whether for Valkyrie's order or his own, the ship began descending to the planet. The moment they cleared the atmosphere Valkyrie opened the main doors and flew out with Era in hot pursuit.

Powering up, the two women raced ahead to where they could sense a massive battle taking place. But before they got too far Era raced ahead and stopped in front of Valkyrie.

"Era? What are you doing?"

"Making sure you remember something important, Val." She said calmly.

"We agreed that I would be in charge of battles from now on, and I intend to serve that role. I want you to remain at the rear, as per my Prime battle positions plan. Leave the front lines to me, Fae, and the others. Pyro and his crew will take the Fault Line, and Elprede will eliminate hostiles at his discretion to make the rest of our lives easier and to protect our allies whom we cannot make it to fast enough. But we need your power in reserve. Leave that enemy to Pyro. I know Pyro isn't as powerful, but I have faith that he can win if given space to maneuver."

"You want me to hand the strongest enemy on the field to Pyro?"

"Yes."

There was a long silence before Valkyrie finally broke it.

"Era, you know I love you and respect you... But I cannot just let an enemy that powerful run free when I know I have the power to eliminate the threat outright and in far less time than Pyro could. As well Pyro runs the risk of death fighting an enemy this much stronger than him. I do not, as I'm more than four times stronger than that thing in my Super Saiyan state."

"Please Val. Just trust me. There's something not quite right about that enemy's Ki. Something... Different. If you rush it, I'm worried about what will happen."

"... Fine. But if Pyro starts losing I will take over. Do you understand me?"

"Yes Val. Thank you."

With that sorted out, the two resumed their flight to the battlefield as Era contacted everyone on their new Scouters.

"El, I presume you're already at work, but let me remind you that your primary objective is to eliminate hostiles attacking the C'thilians. Once they are safe and we have the enemy's attention, shift focus to scanning this world and its terrain. We aren't familiar with this planet, so we need whatever info we can get our hands on. Pyro, the center of the battlefield is yours. I will entrust you with taking on the enemy with a power of 90 million. Fae, I need you at the front lines with me as soon as possible. Let's get to work!" She called.

@Deathrattle BB @ChazGhost @KingHink @Shi no toki 2

Elprede had left the briefing room and headed directly towards the main exits of the ship. He needed to be in place and ready when the ship exited warp space and had come close to the planet.

Luckily, it didn't take long, only a few minutes at most. But a few minutes felt like hours to him, the difference in visible time and real time was massive when compared from him to the Saiyans and others on the ship. He left the ship and they would have been able to see a sudden shimmering invisible wave launch towards the planet, turning into a blue streak of light when entering the atmosphere. That was obvious enough to anybody Elprede taking off - what else could be moving that quickly and have his colors while also being invisible? There wasn't even any sound to hear.

"Speak for yourself!" He said, slowing down so that he was simply moving just under the speed of sound so they could actually hear him. "I was here for like ten years learning before I came back to Zaero when I was around twenty!"

He came to a stop at where he felt the power levels momentarily. He could already see the destruction being rained down on the C'thilian's ornate architecture. Jasmine, you know what to do. He thought, then blasting off. It was barely a second before he had slammed his foot into one of the attackers. He didn't bother seeing what it was at the moment, focused on simply halting the assault.

I'm way ahead of you, sir.

Already, the virtual reality of Era's, Pyro's, and Valkyrie's Scouters came alive. Their HUDs - however sparse or cluttered they made it, were filled with a 3D model of the planet at first. It was so realistic that they probably would have been looking at the real thing were it not for the many little red spots cluttered in a central space on the south side of the planet. Shortly, it zoomed in quickly and became much more detailed and cybernetic; a massive area of the area was covered in red, which stood for 'enemies'. There were a few colored in orange, standing out as higher level opponents, most of which Elprede could take out himself fairly easily. Each dot was outlined in black. Soon, one was highlighted as a black dot. The kill target. This was outlined in white.

Afterward, the terrain was virtually built, becoming transparent and transforming into a space made up of many grid lines instead of a realistic look. A gradient from red, dangerous, and to blue, non-dangerous, colored everything to mark environmental hazards. Several areas were immediately highlighted with brightly colored, wavy outlines, marking the areas with the most clumped enemies that required immediate attention. They could see Elprede's blue dot flying through their newly acquired maps at nearly sickening speeds, even on the maps. It was most difficult to keep track of him even there.

Elprede was currently in the process of using a blade to chop through the opposition for the moment, one he had randomly picked up for the moment. He could also see the map, though his was much more detailed and cluttered. It was much easier for him to pick out things than it probably was for them, being more used to his setup and having it like that his entire life.

"I have picked out and highlighted current areas of interest, and marked your kill target in black, Pyro. Elprede will be giving you the necessary cover to go uninterrupted into your fight." Jasmine said to them, her voice slightly fuzzy simply due to the constantly moving signal. "Era, Fae, it is suggested that you follow behind Elprede's general path so as to not be overwhelmed yourselves by sheer numbers. Also, don't enjoy yourselves so much that you forget what we're here for." She added that last part as a joke.

Before their eyes, the horde of enemies was thinning by the second as Elprede carved a swathe of death through them. They would need to get down there quickly before Elprede accidentally broke the main assault force.

@ChoShadow

@ChazGhost

@KingHink

It was a long sleep. Not too long, thankfully, as she awoke at a call from one of the crew. Who was thankfully kind enough to patch through video and audio of the bridge so that she could be briefed on what was going on. She got herself ready, putting on her armor and would meet the rest of them by the main doors. 

She was not so confident as they were that this would go smoothly. For herself anyway. She would warn herself up and made sure to get a few stretches to loosen herself up. Everyone else had a cake walk ahead of them. Save for that one at a night unbelievable ninety million. Fae, on the other hand, was likely going to have fierce competition if those she expected were in the upper half of the hundred thousand range. 

She ran some numbers in her own head as she prepped. She expected an hour. Two at most. For now she would pace herself as such. For her it was a breakneck pace, but she considered in the others. Given the enemy strength and numbers, Elprede, Val, and Era would likely be able to take out the greater portion of the enemy. Assuming the enemy was of competant skill, Fae anticipated three or four encounters for herself within said hour. This also meant being choosey on encounters that she would not get overwhelmed by numbers. Hmmm... she would have to see. Plans could very well change. And this estimate was just that.

She knew this wasn't a race, or a competition. This was just her picking off whatever scraps they generously through her way while she waited for them to secure victory... what a bitter thought... No. This was just a battle like any other. Victory was more important than her feelings. 

As she adjusted her acouter, the main doors opened and Val and Era blasted off immediately.  It was time see if she actually had any use in Era's little formation, or if her skepticism on her placement in it was well founded. 

With that thought, she powered to full and leapt from the ship, flying off at as much speed as she could muster, leaving a green streak in her wake as she tried to catch up.

It was soon after that Era's voice rang in her ear through the scouter. She turned down the volume a smidgen and responded. "I'm going as fast as I can, Era." She said.  "I'm right behind you." Era's little chat with Val gave her some time to catch up. She could see and feel Era up ahead, and tried to squeeze out a bit more speed to catch up.

Jasmine's voice came in immediately after. The bitter thought returned for a fleeting instant. A pondering of what scraps were left by Eldrede, and what too would be left after Era.  She dodnt lile this feeling... the craving for battle combined with the thought it wouldnt make any difference without her. It turned this into nothing more than a training session, or just a petty attempt to grab at meaningless glory. Again, she countered her own thought. Victory first. Nothing else really mattered if that wasn't achieved. She would pick herself up with a positive thought... at least she would get to see now how much she has grown. And she did have a purpose here, she reminded herself. There was no room to let feelings of inferiority meddle with her spirit now. "We shall see what happens, Jasmine." She spoke into the scouter, apparently not amused by the humor. 

Assuming that Fae was also given a layout, and not just forgotten about, she too would survey they image. The front lines was undoubtedly the red. "Could you also add the locations of any Ch'ithilians that are in the most danger? If there are any civilians in the area, we can't afford to cause any more collateral damage than necessary."

@ChoShadow @ChazGhost @Deathrattle BB

Fae was not forgotten about, Jasmine's writer simply forgot about them because he wrote that when he was super tired. Regardless, Jasmine made no move to update her interface. She may have been given the ability to control it if she needed to so she could help them, that was something she was not about to do. Their own augmented reality maps had the green dots of the C'thilians, it was simply buried underneath all of the red.

"Apologies, you will have to remove all of the enemy points yourself through your own interface. My processing power may be great, however, I cannot micromanage each of your systems for you." Jasmine said. As she said that, she did however add an enemy counter for them all to examine. It counted the estimated total hostiles in the field.

Elprede decided to speak up in that moment as well. "Just a quick flick of your eyes downward will do the trick, Fae."

At that moment, she would have felt extreme heat fly by her, followed by a ding of the 'danger' meter flying up suddenly, and a concussive blast of wind from Elprede flying by. "Woops, sorry!" He yelled.

He flew down to a group of C'thilians battling the creatures that were attacking them. He landed in front of one of them, redirecting the blade of an alien and sending it into his comrades. It managed to puncture another through the chest, sealing that one's doom. He pressed the advantage, snapping the shocked hostile's neck and then punching the others into oblivion quickly.

Because he had been being the most destructive force on the battlefield at the moment, he soon encountered the one that had a power level of ninety million. That encounter was Elprede barely managing to duck under a kick, followed by vaulting over the guy's other leg and flipping himself over its arm. He was lucky he was so small.

The C'thilians fled while Elprede seemed to be having a small bit of difficulty extracting himself from this powerful creature's reach. It just kept volleying him with attacks. Considering he wasn't supposed to fight this guy, he was not about to needlessly waste his energy on it by truly fighting back unless it attacked the other C'thilians. He needed to save that for really breaking the siege.

"Pyro! A little help here, I pissed off your mark!" He yelled, which was all that was needed for the other. He delivered a straight punch into Elprede's gut. It all happened in a flash - Elprede coughed up blood and was launched he'd across the field, tumbling across the ground and laying there.

He shakily got to his hands and knees, vision fuzzy and his breathing unsteady. Era would have felt the pain of his broken ribs from that attack on Elprede alone. He glanced up at the horde of enemies racing at him now. He got to his feet, feeling nauseous. This wasn't going to end well.

@ChoShadow

@ChazGhost

@KingHink

Soon after Valkyrie yelled about only being in orbit of the planet and the scans finished Pyro gave the order to land. "Once me, the fox, and the monkeys get off border, raise the shields and prepare the on ship guns encase so of the enemy come near the ship. Fire at your own disposal." Pyro said heading out of the ridge. As he walked through the ship his power built up and he transformed into his final form. Once he made it to exit he was already near his max power level so he could go out right at the start against the enemy with 90 million.

Pyro flew out of the ships, soon passing Valkyrie and Era as they were talking. When his scouter started booting up with the map of the world and dots of the friends and foes. Pyro heard that his target was in black on the map and nodded. Then soon after Elprede yelled about making his target mad. Pyro sighed as he saw the horde. "You need to learn you place, Fox. You should take on more then..." Pyro said charging his ki readying to fire when he quickly got punched across the face and launched into the ground. When Pyro looked up at the one he punched he saw the enemy with the power level of 90 million.

438f0a3cb1a0a68e98f3d91fcbb20e84.jpg

The alien is the one on the left.

"So your the big bad leader of these guy huh?" Pyro said rubbing his face as he started floating back up. The alien was silent and only got into a fighting stance. "The silent type I see. Well I can..." Pyro said before the aliens horns turned to point at Pyro and fired ki blasts. Pyro dodge the blast barley. Pyro then growled to himself before charging at the alien and unleashed a fury of high speed punches. The alien just began to dodge each punch easily...

Valkyrie took her place towards the rear of the battlefield, out of the way of the main chunk of the action. She hated being here and just watching, but Era had a point. If her power was needed then she would be ready to use it. If she got too involved she could end up tiring herself out and she may not be able to complete the transformation. Her grip on it was still shaky as it was and she didn't need it getting more difficult.

However that didn't stop some enemies from engaging her in battle, and they were swiftly dealt with.

Theses enemies, whoever they were, suddenly stopped engaging Era and the others and all started falling back behind a line where the enemy with a 90 million power level was engaging Pyro and finally broke away to separate themselves.

The enemy with a 90 million power level put a hand in the air and the rest of his men formed up behind him.

He then looked at Pyro and the others.

"That's quite enough of that." He said at last.

"The lot of you don't stand a chance, and I won't risk anymore of my men just so a few of you can play hero." He said.

"So here's what I propose: I will face your strongest warrior in a one on one fight, and when I win you will all depart and leave us to our business. If, by some miracle, you win, then my men will depart this world and return home. Nobody else has to die in vain." He said.

Valkyrie picked all of this up by listening in with her Scouter's directional microphone, and she cracked her neck with a smile as she flew right past Pyro and in front of the enemy.

"You want our strongest warrior? Well here I am." She said.

He smiled in return.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance, though I was expecting the one behind you to step forward... But it matters not. There's no need for any exchange of names or senseless violence beyond our personal battle. We are an organization, and we are family. We look after our own, as I'm sure you do yours. So let us do this the proper way and commence with your death." He said.

Valkyrie's smile widened and she bared her teeth.

"I wouldn't count on it." She said.

She pulled her arms in and the air around her exploded with light energy, bathing her in Ki and power like a new sun being born. The world around her began to overheat causing the air to simmer and sizzle with a heatwave-like shimmer as well as causing hundreds of sparks of bio-electricity in the surrounding area.

Valkyrie's power began climbing like wildfire, and Era's head came up from her position on the ground.

When Elprede had taken the hit to the stomach, Era felt everything. Though her own body hadn't actually suffered any damage, she felt like it had. The feeling of the bones snapping. The feeling of the frayed bone scratching and slicing surrounding muscle sinew and flesh. All of it. She had fallen to the ground out of breath and her power took a hit as well. But now it didn't seem to matter...

Valkyrie was transforming.

The skies came alive with bolts of golden lightning and light surrounding Valkyrie as her power continued to skyrocket. This did indeed catch everyone's attention, including the creature's who was now staring with his mouth partly agape in wonder at the surge of power and the changes taking over Valkyrie. Her muscles began to bulge slightly and her hair began to gather in groups of elongated spikes hanging down and behind her with a single bang remaining over her left eye. A few more flashes of light later and her body was engulfed in golden light with her hair changing color to follow suit with her Ki. Her power took one final spike and an explosive burst of concussive energy shot out causing everyone around her to be shoved backwards several dozen feet.

It was the first time Era had actually seen this transformation, and she was spellbound.

"Valkyrie..." She whispered.

Valkyrie floated tall and proud in the air engulfed in her softly shimmering aura.

"You're beautiful." She said with a smile.

Valkyrie floated in front of the creature with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"So then... shall we commence?" She asked.

The creature was awestruck, but then shook it off and smiled at her.

"... Well... Done..." He said, somewhat shakily.

"I never expected a being like this to exist. Just what am I looking at?" He asked.

Valkyrie chuckled.

"You're looking at a Super Saiyan." She said simply.

His smile widened.

"... Amazing." He whispered.

"Nonetheless, your death commences now." He said as he took his stance.

"I hope you're ready." 

Valkyrie turned her body sideways slightly, arms still crossed.

"Do your worst." She dared him.

He chuckled, and disappeared in a blur before reappearing behind her and punching towards the back of her neck. However his hand was suddenly stopped by something. Valkyrie's hand. She had reached behind her head and caught his attack without turning around, and then pulled on him to throw him forward causing him to spin end over end before coming to a stop.

"If that was your idea of an attack, I see no reason to drag this out." She said.

He braced himself, but there was nothing he could do. Valkyrie appeared in front of him and lashed out with a punch to his stomach. He tried to block, but it was no use as her fist pushed right past his defense and into his stomach knocking the wind from him and sending him flying back into the horizon. He became so small she couldn't even see him anymore from how far away she'd knocked him. However he came back a few seconds later, still smiling.

"A glutton for punishment?" She asked.

He chuckled, wiping a bit of blood from the corner of his mouth.

"Perhaps, but most of the best warriors are... Shall we continue with your death?" He asked.

Valkyrie rolled her eyes and dropped her arms to her side, waiting for his next move.

"Now brace yourself... I doubt you've ever experienced a technique like this before." He said.

He began to build his power, and Valkyrie smiled.

Finally, she thought.

The air around him sizzled similarly to how it did with Valkyrie, but it was odd. She wasn't sensing an increase in his power, yet it felt like he was becoming more powerful for some reason.

From where she lay Era's face began to drain of color as she suddenly recognized what she was sensing from him.

But before she could yell out it was too late. The creature raced forward towards Valkyrie. And before Valkyrie could respond to him or launch an attack, his body began to glow and he let out a massive burst of power.

Time seemed almost to stop in that moment, though it flowed painfully onward at a snail's pace.

As the blast emerged and flew out towards Valkyrie, it first encountered her aura. The golden flowing aura around her body was instantly dispelled on contact, and the crackling air surrounding her was returned to its normal state. The blast traveled further towards her and encountered her hands next as they were up in a defensive posture. As it touched her flesh there were a few small sparks of bio-electricity, a result of the negative consequences of her own Ki suddenly being cancelled out. It reached out further reaching all the way up her arms causing them to instantly go numb, and then it struck her body in its entirety.

Time seemed to return to normal at that moment, and Valkyrie let out a blood-curlding shriek of agony as her body erupted with massive discharges of bio-electricity flying out in all directions which destroyed trees, buildings, and struck the ground singing it as if it were a real lightning bolt. All of her Ki as a Super Saiyan was disappearing even more rapidly than it had appeared, and before long Valkyrie's power hit zero entirely. Her eyes and face were entirely blank and her body ceased all motion before she fell gracelessly to the ground with a loud *THUD*.

Her eyes were completely white, having rolled into the back of her head as she lost consciousness. Her mouth was also hanging open, her face frozen in an expression of pain and shock. Her body had returned to its normal state as well, though a small pool of blood was gathering beneath her head and neck from where she'd struck the ground.

Era gazed on in complete disbelief as she looked at Valkyrie's fallen form.

"How?" She whispered.

... She had to warn them. All of them.

"Everyone..." She said into the Scouter.

"That was a Bio-Electrick Ki Disruption technique. A biological EMP... If he's allowed to do that again..." She said, trailing off at the end.

She didn't need to finish. The end result spoke for itself. If he was able to take down Valkyrie, who's max power as a Super Saiyan was now 390 million (7.8 million * 50), he could easily finish the rest of them off as well.

However it seemed they were offered a brief reprieve as the creature spoke up with an open admission about the technique itself.

"You're lucky I can only use that technique once every five minutes, so if any of you in particular..." He said as he turned and looked at Pyro.

"... If any of you in particular would like to finish what she started before I can use that technique again, you're welcome to try." He said confidently.

@ChazGhost @Deathrattle BB @KingHink @Shi no toki 2 @VMGrey

Elprede shook his head, trying to remove the stars dancing in his vision. That single blow alone had floored him, it had probably caused the creature some amusement as well. In fact, he heard it laugh a bit before it had gone to engage Pyro.

Anger boiled within Elprede. How dare that thing decide to make a mockery of him? He was not particularly one for his own pride, it tended to get in his way, but this was a direct blow to him as a credible threat - just tossing him aside like that was an insult he was not about to go down with. Perhaps it was time he stopped holding back at the moment and showed what he really was capable of.

He turned his head just as Valkyrie began to transform. Oh, well, she would take care of this instead, then. He just looked down at his chest, hissing lightly and rubbing the sore point where he had been hit. It felt like it was burning and itching still from how damaging it was to him, not to mention the internal damage alone it had caused to him. He felt a little bad for taking the hit like that, at becoming distracted. Era was probably feeling what he was right now as well. How tolerant were Saiyans of pain?

Regardless, he watched the effortlessness that Valkyrie exhibited as she dealt with the unknown foe. He even watched that technique, and his own eyes widened as well. He saw the minuscule sparks that had come from him while he was charging. Even if he had warned Valkyrie, the fact that she had decided to stand there and guard the Ki blast instead of just outright dodging it - like she should have, stupid Saiyan pride, along with her overconfidence - led to her being struck down.

He just sighed and shook his head, flying up and facing the creature was well, and putting his hand out to Pyro in a halting gesture. "Look, instead of just risking everybody at getting hit with that BEKD attack, just let me handle this." He said to the frost demon, his voice like a razor of ice. "I've got a plan." He began to speak through to everybody else's Scouters. "Objective was stopping the siege against the C'thilians, right? Well, objective just got updated."

He felt that insatiable urge to protect them now. Watching Valkyrie be struck down, and seeing Era on the ground... it was like Death all over again. The memories had come back to his mind and it set within himself a deep, burning fire. A struggle to release his pent-up rage and aggression against anything at the moment. It was hidden expertly underneath his disciplined mind and body, but could be felt clearly still by Era. It was all overshadowed by his sudden feeling of protecting them, it was warm, cradling, and yet like a harsh and cruel bonfire as well.

These two conflicting feelings formed what Elprede felt at the moment. He was not about to let the same events happen twice in a row... not if he could help it.

He turned to the creature, entering his Primal Form in its usual blinding flash of light. His power level jumped eight times, his body becoming a look similar to that of flowing energy that appeared to splash and froth like water, in the strict shape of his body. His cyan eyes were a piercing glow through the black and white. "You and me. This ends now."

Jasmine was oddly quiet at the moment. It seemed she reflected him perfectly right now.

@ChoShadow @KingHink @ChazGhost @Shi no toki 2 @VMGrey

Users who are viewing this thread