IC Posting Section

@ChoShadow

@ChazGhost

Jasmine gave a small sigh and shrug, returning to taking care of Elprede. There was a lot of pain a light in her eyes to see him like this.

"I don't know why he would feel like this... it might be because of a lot of things. Stress and mental fatigue can do terrible things to you mentally." She said slowly, focusing mostly on caring for his dream self. It may or may not help him in the real world, who could tell by this point. "I imagine it's because he got himself captured and then watching you die because he couldn't protect himself... try imagining yourself in his position, I suppose."

She stopped speaking for a while, allowing herself a moment of peace. She was slow and methodical, grooming over him with practiced ease. This must have been something she did quite often, caring for him like a mother when he was hurt in the dream world, powerless to do anything to help him in the real one. It made her feel better somewhat, just imagining being able to be there for him like this. She stayed silent for a while, finishing up with cleaning Elprede before standing up and turning to Era once more.

"Valkyrie turned into a Super Saiyan and defeated Death," Jasmine said. "And then she helped bring you back to life. Elprede almost didn't because he believed you to be completely dead already. I suppose the part of betrayal comes from Valkyrie attacking him because he didn't understand that she had caused him a great amount of pain to rouse him from his own death-like coma, but I guess myself as well because I didn't support him as I should have."

She sighed and looked down. "Lady Niir'lana... don't tell anybody this, but... if you're ever trying to kill a Nephelem, you go for the tail. A Nephelem without a tail is a bird without wings. They need it to move at the speeds they do, to control their movements... without it..." she held her palm out, flattening her hand out. She balled her other one up, moving it slowly to her palm and then flattening that one out as well, her palms touching together. "They'll try to move that fast, and then... splat. I suppose that's why he was freaking out so much, there is no Nephelem in recorded history that has ever lived more than a few days without their tail."

Era listened to Jasmine explain about what was going on, or what she thought was going on with Elprede. Guilt about being the one who caused the need for them to find him, then encountering Death who proceeded to kill Era. She supposed she could understand that.

And then the news of Valkyrie...

"Valkyrie's a-..." She cut herself off at the end in complete shock.

"I didn't think... I didn't think either of us would ever reach that legendary power. I thought we'd just keep getting stronger incrementally through our battles and that would eventually lead us to salvation. I didn't think either of us would actually reach it." She whispered to herself.

She then listened to Jasmine explain about Elprede's tail being the key to his speed and that without it he was as good as dead. That was a shock. But then again, a Saiyan without the use of their tail was both weaker and couldn't transform into a Great Ape on the night of a full moon. But a Saiyan could live without their tail. A Nephelem not living for more than a few days without it?...

"I promise I'll keep that to myself." She said quietly.

She then stood up and sighed.

"I think I'm starting to understand now... I'd like to go back, if it's all the same with you. You should keep tending to Elprede and make sure that when he gets up he knows I want to see him. I'm not sure when I'll actually wake up to do that, but I will sometime soon... I hope." She said.

@Deathrattle BB @ChazGhost

@ChoShadow

@ChazGhost

Jasmine nodded, giving her a small smile. "I'm fairly sure he cares a lot more about you than he ought to, whether or not he decides to give me the silent treatment for the next month is still up in the air for doing this," she admitted with a small laugh.

She stooped down to Elprede once more, sighing. "Before you go, could you... try saying something to him? He won't respond to me, he might respond to you." She looked up pleadingly at Era. "Please. I don't know what else I can do for him. If not, I'll let you return to your own head."

Era looked to Jasmine as she spoke and nodded quietly. But when she asked if Era could say something to Elprede, she was at a loss.

"I... I don't really know what I can say that would do any good in this situation. I'm not really a good motivational speaker." She admitted, shyly turning her head away.

Still, she owed Elprede a great deal for all he'd done for her. Mistakes and all, Elprede was the reason she was alive now to experience this rather awkward situation. The least she could do was return that awkwardness in kind.

She knelt down next to Elprede and put a hand on his shoulder, leaning down so her mouth was close to his ear.

"Time to wake up big boy. Your wife is waiting for you." She whispered, kissing his cheek.

She then stood up and started laughing almost uncontrollably. Even if this was a dream, her ribs hurt from how much she was laughing now at what she had just said.

Era enjoyed the thought of being his unintentional wife a little too much, even now in this dream with the stakes being quite serious. There was no romantic attraction to Elprede whatsoever in her heart, though she did love him as a friend and cared for him as such like she did all of her friends back home. He was extended family. Simple as that. To Era, he was family, whether he liked it or not. And families stuck together through all things, good and bad. She had a feeling she'd have to remind him of that when she awoke.

Nevertheless, even in his dreams he wasn't safe from her teasing.

@Deathrattle BB

@ChoShadow

@ChazGhost

Jasmine moved aside so that Era could better gain access to Elprede. "Just... well, say anything to him. I'm sure it will help anyways."

She sat by and watched quietly, starting to hum a tune to herself. It sounded strangely like a lullaby with her soft tones and mentioning of Elprede's name, however, it was not in a language Era would recognize. She was singing in their native language, Nephelem, or as they call it, 'Gospodovazik.' Lord's language.

She kept the constant melody until Era finished laughing, giving a soft giggle in return and standing up. "Alright, you can go now."

She tried to return Era's consciousness back to her own body, however... nothing happened.

Alarm flashed in her eyes. "What the...? I can't bring you back to--"

"I'm sorry, that would be my fault." A masculine voice said from behind her.

Jasmine whipped around in surprise, coming face to face with another being there. A silver glow surrounded him, flaring and moving like a living flame around him. It heated the air, creating a comfortable and warm atmosphere for anyone nearby. His fur shined a bright white, tiger markings covering his body, flashing a soft blue in time with his heartbeat. He was the exact same stature and build of Elprede. Ancient eyes shined, the irises changing colors constantly and endlessly.

The First God.

He smiled at Jasmine and nodded. "Apologies for my absence, dear. There was something I had to see and... well, I can't be expected to sit around in Elprede's consciousness all day." He chuckled and moved past Jasmine.

"But the main reason I am here now is because I had to meet the one that has been having a profound impact on Elprede, both good and bad." He extended his hand out to Era, smirking. "He has yet to make up his mind on how to feel about you, you know? Family, friend, acquaintance, or something else entirely. I'm sure you'll be the first of us to know when he finally chooses."

After getting bandged up Pyro called, using his scouter, his "elite" troops aka Alice, Jaws, and Disco. A few minutes later they made it to the gravity chammber. The three "elites" walked in nervous about what today would brinng rembering the last training senshin. "Today we are go to be working on ki blasts and close up ki techniques. To start off we will dp some simple target pratice." Pyro said standing firm as holografic targets appaered.

Seconds after appearing the targets started moving around the room at high speed. Pyro simple watched as his students try. To hit the targets, to no avail. After a half an hour they only manged to his one target. Pyro just sighed as he then shot several shots that eqch hit a target. "It seems you three have a lot to work on if you want to hit the enemy at range. So lets try this again" Pyro said not giving them a second to rest before new targets appeared and moved ag high speeds.

A few hours later after doing this several times the three, now very low on ki, manged to hit all the targets. "Good now we can move on to..." Pyro said as the his students passed out.  "... Is that really all you three can do" Pyro said with a sigh before began to drag them out of the chamber...

@ChoShadow @Deathrattle BB

Last edited by a moderator:
Era finally settled down and stopped laughing shortly before the First God made his appearance.

It was rather interesting for her to see him like this. Elprede was a piece of the First God, so to speak, so obviously they weren't exactly the same person or being, but to see both of them in the same plane of existence was still rather odd. But again it was also very interesting. The First God himself had an overwhelming presence, and try as she might Era couldn't quite settle down as he approached. That presence made the warrior inside of her a bit nervous, but also excited at the same time.

Did she want to fight this thing again?

When he extended his hand to Era, she took it and gave it a good shake.

"I see." She remarked, looking at Elprede.

"I consider him an extended member of my family, so if he feels the same, or if he feels anything less than that, then I don't think we'll have any problems." She said with a chuckle as she looked back to the First God.

"But if it turns out he feels anything more than that then I'm afraid we'll be in a rather awkward situation. As much as I care about him as a member of my extended family, I find nothing romantically attractive about him, nor could I ever bring myself to love him in such a way. I just hope he discovers that he feels a strong friendship or something because the last thing I want to do is break his heart. He already has the princess back home on Nephelem who's crazy about him, though he didn't seem to care much for her when I saw them interact." She remarked, giving another chuckle.

She then backed away a few paces.

"I do hope you don't think me rude, First God, but I would really like to go back to my own consciousness now. I'm not sure how long it will take me to wake, but when I do I want to hear about everything which happened while I was dead from Valkyrie. Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that there's something she needs to say to me, and I don't want to keep her waiting any longer than I have to." She said with a smile.

@ChoShadow

@ChazGhost

The First God gave her a short nod, gripping her hand tightly in return and shaking it. He pulled back, bringing it around and letting it hang behind his back.

"I understand, it would be unwise to keep you here too much longer anyways. " He smirked mischievously and looked down at Elprede. He was beginning to stir. "Our guest of honor is waking up."

The First God stepped forward and floated up, touching one of his fingers to her forehead. Energy crackled against her skin for a moment before the world started fading away as she was banished from Elprede's consciousness, returning back to the blank abyss that it was before. Or, perhaps, simply changing into Era's own dreamscape.

"Good luck, and try not to think too bad of little Elprede when you wake up and Valkyrie relays everything to you. That's assuming she speaks to you about what happened between her and him." He said solemnly. "Confusion and stress will do that to the mind. Also, do come back some time, I would like to speak with you again."

It was at that moment that Elprede opened his eyes and shot up in his bed, blinking and groaning. He let off a loud yawn, using his left hand to rub his eyes free of their sleep and his right hand to press the switch in his ear to turn Jasmine back on. She booted back up quickly, even if she wasn't actually offline still.

"Sir?" She asked hesitantly.

A small smile came across his face and he looked down, sighing. "Hey, JJ... sorry about earlier..."

If Jasmine could hug Elprede right now, she probably would have. She probably would be a blubbering mess, too. "Apology accepted, sir. Don't you ever go and do that again, though."

He nodded and chuckled. "Of course not."

He looked up in the direction of Era, using the Spirit Link as his guide. Hopefully she would wake up soon, too.

Era nodded in thanks to the First God as he sent her back to her own consciousness. It felt strange that it was so easy for him to manipulate her like that. Almost unsettling. But he didn't present any kind of malice or ill intention from what she could sense. In fact he did seem the more curious type which made her more curious in turn about him and what he remembered from the who knows how many lives his fragments have led and what his original life was before he was fragmented following his battle with the Super Saiyan.

... Could even a Super Saiyan battle with a God and fragment them like that from the sheer ferocity of the battle?

Era had a feeling there was more to that story than the First God let on. She'd be sure to ask next time she had the chance.

For now, she found herself back in her own consciousness, and she knew this because she was waking up. Her eyes slid open very slowly which alerted the nurses who were keeping watch on her. They fetched the doctor who rushed back in to see her, and she discovered from listening to him try to speak calmly to her that it had been just over 3 days since she was brought back, and she still had a long way to go to recover, even in the Rejuvenation Chamber.

"Where's Valkyrie?"

"Lady Valkyrie is in her room right now. Would you like me to fetch her?" A nurse asked.

"Please." She said.

The nurse left the room and the doctor and other nurse soon after once they'd checked all her vitals and determined she was strong enough for a conversation. Valkyrie appeared soon after and walked right up to the Chamber putting her hand on the glass and smiling at Era, which was a first.

"Good morning, Era." Valkyrie said gently.

"Is it morning?" Era asked.

Valkyrie nodded.

"It is. The third morning since you came back to us. How do you feel?" 

"A bit strange... I don't recall you ever being this soft spoken before." She said with a giggle.

Valkyrie chuckled with her.

"Forgive the sudden change but... it's hard to fight back how emotional I am right now." 

Era nodded.

"'Fighting your emotions.' Now that's Valkyrie behavior." Era said with a laugh, but quickly coughed and doubled forward from pain.

Valkyrie leaned in closer and put her other hand on the glass, trying not to push too hard and crack it out of concern.

"Are you all right?!" She asked frantically.

Era straightened out a bit.

"... Yes... *cough*.... I'm okay. I laughed too hard is all." 

"Well you did have a punctured lung which nearly went unnoticed by the doctors until Elprede gave you his own checkup and found it. It's only just healing. You should try to keep from laughing for another few hours."

Era nodded.

"Valkyrie... What happened after I-"

"Don't... say anything. I know what you're curious to hear about." She said, cutting Era off so she wouldn't say "died."

"You want to know how Death was defeated, right?"

"You became a Super Saiyan." Era replied.

"Yes, but... how did you know that?"

"The First God, via the Spirit Link, had a conversation with me about what happened. He told me."

"The First God or Elprede?"

"The First God himself. Elprede's consciousness was out like a broken light."

"... I see."

"He seemed to imply that you and Elprede weren't on the best of terms... Did something happen?"

"..."

"Valkyrie?"

"I-... I lost my temper with him. He had gone into a comatose state due to the Spirit Link's effect when you... Anyway, I woke him up by biting his tail and he seemed like he had lost his mind with rage. I had to knock him down and threaten his life to make him finally shut up and focus on the fact that we had an opportunity to bring you back to life. In his rage, he was wasting the little time we had to do that and I was done with his behavior."

Era closed her eyes.

"I see... Well it's understandable. Would you like it if someone bit your tail, even if it was to wake up from a coma?"

"No, but that's not the point. The point is that in his rage he didn't even acknowledge that we had a chance to save you. He was so focused on his tail that it was like the rest of the world ceased to matter, and what happened to you aside that behavior upset me more than anything else that's happened since we found out the Darkhoods existed."

"I understand, Val. You don't need to continue explaining." She said as she opened her eyes.

"Anyway, Val, it's good to see you... Well, kind of. I can't see too well just yet, but hopefully soon that will change. I'd like to see you as a Super Saiyan when I've recovered."

"I would be happy to show you, but... I can't control the transformation just yet."

"Hmm?"

"I can't control it consciously. The first time it happened was when you... Well, the second time I transformed I was reliving those moments in my mind. It's as if I can only transform when I lose control of my emotions. Like it's triggered by a combination of deep anger and despair. I can't force those feelings very easily. The only thing that worked was thinking about what Death did to you, and even then I felt like it was just barely enough to the second time around... I'm concerned that if I don't master the transformation it will become useless to us on the battlefield in the future."

Era closed her eyes again to rest them, as they were getting heavy.

"You'll be fine, Valkyrie. I know you will."

"I'm not so sure..."

"You will. Please, trust me when I say this Valkyrie: you are the strongest woman I've ever known, and I am proud to call you my sister."

All the emotions Valkyrie had been fighting up until this point began to win the battle against her mental fortitude, and she started welling up as she looked away to one side.

"I love you, Valkyrie. My dear sister. I know you're probably sickened to hear me say that, but-"

"I'm NOT!" She suddenly said through a gasp.

Era's eyes opened in surprise.

"I'm not sickened to hear you say that... Not anymore." Valkyrie whimpered as her tears began falling.

"When you died, you reached out to me and smiled. Even in death you refused to look at me in despair or sorrow. You refused to let pain show. All you wanted to do was look at me, smile, and reach for me..."

Valkyrie fought to speak through her sobs and gasps.

"You made me so proud in those last moments, despite what was happening. You refused to acknowledge death even as it overtook you, and that is more proud Saiyan behavior than I've ever seen from anyone in my entire life." She whimpered.

She put both her hands on the glass again and tried to smile for Era, but was having a tough time through all of her tears and the sobbing and gasping for breath. But she managed at last after a few more seconds.

"I am... proud... to call you my sister as well, Era. Don't ever forget it, or make me say it again. Do you understand me?" She ordered.

Inside the chamber it was impossible to tell that Era was crying tears of joy, but she was. The only indication was the shape of her eyebrows above her eyes in the surprised but overjoyed arch they presented. She closed her eyes and Valkyrie heard Era's sobs and gasps through the rebreather, a sign that the Saiyan sister were crying together. Era forced her eyes open and put her hands on the glass opposite Valkyrie's and she smiled behind her rebreather.

"I won't forget Valkyrie. Ever. But I will make you say it again, because I love hearing it."

Valkyrie began to chuckle through her sobs, and Era chuckled with her.

"Fine... I suppose I can live with that."

"Good."

The two shared a long time of silence with both of their forehead pressed to the glass. For what was arguably the first time, the two were truly united as family. Not just as sisters of the battlefield, but true blood siblings sharing in their joy of connection. But all things must pass, and after a few minutes Valkyrie decided it was best for her to leave so Era could speak to whomever else wanted to see her, and so Valkyrie returned to her room to wait for Era's full recovery.

@ChoShadow

@ChazGhost

Elprede felt like a massive weight was lifted off his shoulders in the moment that Jasmine said his apology was accepted. He grinned, sharp teeth flashing. She gave him a gentle giggle at his antics and he bounced up from his bed, yelping slightly at the pain in his tail. Oh, right, Valkyrie had nearly bitten it off. He really did hope that it would recover properly, he kinda needed that for... you know... living and doing Nephelem things. Like going fast.

He felt unusually giddy, much more so than he thought he should have been. Unknown to himself, due to the strengthening of the Spirit Link, his emotions were somewhat connected to Era's now. Her own happiness was bleeding into his own mood. Jasmine couldn't say it was totally a bad thing, either, Elprede typically wasn't happy enough as it was. Having a positive state of mind was good for him, she would inform him later of her actions.

The random tears in his eyes didn't help very much with his eyesight, though. Was Era crying again? Jeez...

He darted down the hallways, obviously keeping his speed very much under control, barely even breaking the sound barrier. Couldn't afford to move too quickly with his tail all messed up. He slid to a stop in front of the infirmary, entering it a minute after Valkyrie had left.

He paused when he saw Era was awake, waving jubilantly at her. "Hey-o, Era. How's recovery going?" He asked, stretching his arms out above his head with a small sigh. "I had a really good nap, how was your extended nap?"

(I'm up WAY too late for this, but whatever! Lol)

Era was silent as Valkyrie left, and after about a minute or so she heard Elprede's voice and he sounded... happy.

That was new.

Elprede wasn't usually a barrel of sunshine. He was usually much more mellow and reserved. To hear him sounding this upbeat was unusual, but oddly comforting in a strange sort of way. Era's eyes opened slowly and she saw Elprede's blurry outline near the door and she waved weakly to him.

"I can't say dying was any fun, but here I am all the same." She said softly.

She let her arm drop and closed her eyes again as she let her head droop a bit to rest, but remained focused on Elprede as she felt and heard him enter the room further.

"You sound oddly chipper this morning." She noted.

"Still, it's good to hear you in high spirits given all that's happened." She said.

@Deathrattle BB

@ChoShadow

@ChazGhost

Elprede smirked. "Yeah, it didn't feel very nice on my end either. I've got the memories of my other counterparts dying, too--you know, the original vessels of the First God." He said.

He sidled up to the Rejuvenation Pod, looking through the bunch of different statistics and what-not on the screens to the right of it and below. All of her vitals seemed alright, though, he was certainly no expert. However, he was an expert in how these things were built; and based on that knowledge...

Being a dead woman, she was doing fan-freaking-tastic!

"Though, I sort of pseudo-died when you did. At least, my body thought I did." He shrugged. "I just happened to wake up on the right side of the bed for once."

He looked at her suspiciously. "Were you crying again? I went all teary-eyed again when I was coming. Strange coincidence that it has happened twice in a row now, huh?"

Era listened to him talk about how he woke up on the right side of the bed, and she chuckled softly.

"For a Nephelem who almost had his tail bitten in half, you seem very happy." She joked.

She then opened her eyes a little.

"And yes... I was crying." She admitted.

"But I was crying because I was happy. Valkyrie finally accepted me as her sister and said she was proud of me for facing Death despite my not having any chance to defeat him. I don't think anything in my life will mean more to me than my sister's love and respect. That's why I was crying." She said quietly.

She closed her eyes again.

"Anyway El, I have a question for you. Did you actually see Valkyrie transform before you went into your comatose state? I would like to know what it looked like, but Valkyrie said she couldn't control the transformation yet to show me." She asked.

@Deathrattle BB

@ChoShadow

Elprede's eyebrow twitched at the mention of her being happy. He was never this happy before, and if she was...

He suddenly had a very narrow and pristine look on why his mood was so drastically strange now. His Spirit Link had been tampered with, but by which one who also inhabited his body? Jasmine or the First God would have to be the only others one to do it. Unless Era somehow figured out how to manipulate it herself beside just basically feeling his position and direction with it.

However, all things considered, he didn't feel like chewing anybody out for it now. So, he just decided to nod his head to her question.

"Yes, I did see her transform. It... well, her hair and any fur on her body turned gold and she had a very powerful positive aura." He paused. "Don't ask me how I know it's positive, that's specifically a Nephelem trait for sensing the inherent nature of Ki like that as far as I know, but then it can't be hard to tell anyways, can it? It was gold colored like her, and personally, extremely hard to look at for me. My eyesight is too good sometimes. Then I passed out."

Era nodded in the chamber.

"I see..." She whispered.

"It must be quite the sight to behold." She thought.

A positive aura.

She had a vague idea of what he was talking about, but it may also have been her own interpretation of what he was telling her as well. To her, a positive aura was one which didn't carry the kind of negative weight or pressure which one that was evil did. Death, for example, had a heavy and pressuring aura and Ki signature. She was only faintly aware of it, but it was one of the reasons she feared him during their short battle. That pressure.

Valkyrie must have been letting off exorbitant amounts of energy during the fight after her transformation, yet despite that her aura and Ki signature must have been light and easy to sense without that feeling of repression. If that was true, it said a lot about both the Super Saiyan state and Valkyrie herself. If the transformation was triggered by rage, then Valkyrie, even while driven by anger, still had a pure heart which Era always knew she tried to hide.

Valkyrie's pride as a warrior wouldn't let her show anyone that she was a very vulnerable and insecure woman who yearned to be seen as a woman. Valkyrie was beautiful, had a fabulous figure rivaling Era's own, and had a wonderfully smooth and creamy voice which could melt any man's heart if she would only speak more softly and seductively. She could have any man she wanted, but her pride and stern nature from her father's training didn't allow her to behave in a feminine way. Thus her feminine charms were hidden from the rest of her fellow Saiyans.

On top of that, Valkyrie tried to hide many other things about herself from the world. For instance, and not unlike Era, she loved to sing. Valkyrie often would hum to herself, very quietly out of embarrassment should someone hear her, little melodies she made up or which she'd heard from back home or throughout the rest of the galaxy. For example her favorite tune from Earth is a song she'd heard written for a video game, of all things. She quickly memorized the lyrics and melody and would sing this song regularly to herself before going to bed. However she was careful to ensure nobody heard her. Despite her beautiful voice, she didn't like being judged for or even given praise for it. It went against her warrior's nature.

Valkyrie was a wonderful and beautiful woman in every respect. Just a bit hot headed. But as a Saiyan, could anyone really expect differently?

Era smiled at the thought.

"Hopefully I'll be out of here soon. I'll talk to you then El. I think I'm going to sleep for a while." She said, before rapidly drifting off to sleep.

@Deathrattle BB @ChazGhost @KingHink

An emergency signal would be picked up by the computers. The message was as follows...

The picture came in fuzzy and distorted, yet a females voice could be heard as the audio kicked recording kicked in. "--it working?" [Unintelligible response followed by banging] The video feed cleared, and though it was of poor quality, it was not hard to make out what was shown. It seemed to be a makeshift medical room, and not a pretty one. In the corner was a rejuvenation chamber that looked like it was ripped straight from a Saiyan shuttle. In it was a rather beat up saiyan floating unconscious within. A male, missing an arm too. A human and a namekian were nearby, doing what little they could to fix the injuries of another Saiyan laying on a makeshift cot. 

It was clear that this setup was very hastily put together. A female moved to stand in front of the camera. A saiyan, judging from her armor... or what little was left of it. She had short hair, messed and matted, there smattering of blood on her face and one of her eyes was swollen mostly shut. Despite the pain she seemed to be in... she was definitely in better condition than her comrades that were in view. "This is Faeora Faerari of the Hokay Defense team." She said urgently. "This is an SOS to any allied groups this message can reach. We have lost over half our force, and we that remain can not hold out for much longer. Toke's forces hav-" The lights in the building flickered out for a brief moment, followed by a brief skip in the audio before the power returned. "-the humans. Please send assistance. We can't-" the interruption this time came from the girl looking away and scowling as a quake shook the place. She looked back at the camera,"Coordinates are attached. Anybody who receives this. Please-"

The transmission cut out for good this time. Audio and video. The transmission would then loop. The coordinates were indeed attached, and it was not far. Relatively speaking... A planet called Hokay. One recently colonized by humans. The transmission was not very strong... so it was unlikely that they would get as much help as they hoped.

@Deathrattle BB @ChazGhost @ChoShadow

@ChoShadow

@ChazGhost

@KingHink

Elprede gave Era a short nod. Of course she needed her rest right now more than ever.

"Rest well, Era." He wished, turning around and leaving the room after.

It was in that time that Jasmine picked up the distress signal, although, it was quite weak. "Sir... there's something you might want to see. I'm putting it over the interface now and playing it."

Elprede paused in the middle of the hallway, stepping off to the side so that he was not blocking any traffic coming through. Just as Jasmine said, the signal came in and he heard the audio. He could already tell from the get-go that this was a very rushed message, not to mention the constant flickering, video artifacts, and terrible audio quality. He scanned the background of the place they were in, being greeted with something that definitely was not a pretty sight to him. It wasn't exactly something he'd never seen before, but still...

He finished watching it before dismissing it with a flick of his eyeballs. He glanced down at himself, flexing his arms, twitching and rotating his ears, stretching his arms and legs out, and finally flicking his tail back and forth. His whiskers waved slightly.

Looks like we got a job to do. My tail should be able to make the distance just fine, going by those coordinates... somewhere in Z-543-H3?

Jasmine was not entirely pleased with her master's plan of action. "Sir, while I commend your heroism, you could seriously harm yourself by going alone. The damage dealt to your tail is already bad..."

He shook his head, making his way down the hallway and blinking his augmented reality away. Doesn't matter. There's people out over there dying, we've gotta help them. I'm the fastest one here, so it falls to me to get there while there are people still alive.

Jasmine sighed. "... As you say, sir..."

He smile comfortingly. Don't worry, JJ, I'm not going anywhere yet. This is something I've gotta do sometimes.

He found the exit of the ship quickly and made his way out into space, Pyro's spacecraft flying by rapidly as he floated in the void for a moment. He collected his thoughts and pulled up the flight path, turning and blasting off in the direction. He flew by Pyro's ship at speeds technology could only dream of achieving currently. Whether or not the ship had warp technology, it would probably only get there right as Elprede did still, or even lag behind a bit due to the start-up required to create a wormhole large enough and strong enough to transport a craft that large.

He hurtled through space, dodging the usual celestial objects that he encountered as he normally would. His tail would twinge in pain every now and then, promptly being largely ignored by the silver nephelem. It wasn't long before he had arrived on the planet that had sent the SOS, slowing down immensely on entry with the planet's atmosphere. He flew about it for a moment, landing in a place that looked like it had been wrecked by some attack. Coordinates said here.

"HELLO?" He yelled. "IS ANYBODY HERE?"

This commotion only earned to alert some nearby people--of which were Darkhoods. He swiftly punted their behinds out into space and went walking around once more, trying to find the source of the SOS. He imagined he being there would draw a lot of attention, he was already famous for being one of the, if not THE fastest creature in the universe, not to mention probably a bazillion warrants out for his head.

Valkyrie had meandered to the bridge after her conversation with Era, and they picked up the distress signal not long after Elprede did. Jasmine's range and ability to process incoming information was stronger than this ship's by a fair margin, meaning that by the time they received the message almost ten minutes had passed since Elprede's departure from the ship. Valkyrie had the crew bring the video up on screen and observed as a rather familiar face came onto the screen requesting aid and looking rather the worse for wear.

"I know her. You there!" She barked to one of the crew at the ship's controls.

"Y-yes ma'am!?"

"It feels like Pyro is training in the gravity room. Since he's not here, I'm in charge. Set the ship's warp drive to those coordinates. We're helping that Saiyan and her team. Do you understand?" She demanded.

"But, Pyro's orders were-"

Valkyrie began powering up sending a pressure wave through the room to frighten the crew. She then powered back down, and frowned at them.

"Do not make me tell you again! I know who that Saiyan is, and we are going to help her and her team. Now get the ship's Warp Drive up and running and set it to those coordinates. Now!" She yelled.

"Y-ye... Yes ma'am." He replied.

The ship's Warp Drive was booted up, but the blasted thing took almost six minutes just to fire up to optimum capacity. Once it was ready, they had to set the coordinates and the first time through the crew screwed up forcing them to reset them wasting nearly five more minutes of time. Valkyrie was growing highly impatient and aggravated. If they didn't make it in time to help, she promised the crew she'd have all of their heads and make Pyro hire replacements.

That got them moving at a rather rapid clip.

Once the coordinates were set and the Warp Drive officially activated, it took a further two minutes before the worm hole was opened and the ship allowed to pass through. Once inside the ship took about five minutes longer to enter and float through to the other side where they exited into space just outside the planet's atmosphere.

This trip had taken them almost half an hour to accomplish, which to Valkyrie was unacceptable when it came to the fact that there was a fellow Saiyan in need who's life, not to mention the lives of her crew, were on the line.

"Get us down there now!" She demanded.

"Yes ma'am!" They called.

They brought the ship down through the atmosphere at a healthy clip causing heavy turbulence and shaking the vessel somewhat. Luckily it only lasted a few seconds, but still it was a scary venture for those few seconds for a lot of the crew who hadn't been prepared for it. Once the vessel was clear and inside the atmosphere, Valkyrie rushed to the exit and threw the door open before flying up and out into the sky as the ship began its final landing sequence.

She didn't have time for that thing to land.

She closed her eyes and used her senses to detect where the nearest energy signatures were coming from, and one of them was Elprede's. She turned and began flying off in their direction at full speed. Based on what she was sensing she could handle this alone, but it was better that Elprede was here. Some backup was always better than going it alone.

@Deathrattle BB @ChazGhost @KingHink

"Come on I know you three can keep it up." Pyro yelled at his three trainees who breathing heavily and were very tired. Then the ship started going through turbulence. "We should be just be moving through space. Why is the ship shaking... You three take five, I'm going to see whats going." Pyro said before exiting the gravity chamber. A few moments later he entered the main deck were he was unhappy to see they landed onto a planet. "Where and why are we on this planet?" Pyro asked the crew annoyed.

"... Lady Valkyrie order us to..." the first mate said nervously.

"What do you mean order you!? Your the one in charge when I'm gone! She not even part of the crew!... Where the hell is she?" Pyro asked annoyed and angry.

"...She left quickly in that direction" The fitst mate said bringing up video footage of Valkryie flying off.

"I going to skin that monkey. How dare she order my men around like this" Pyro said before charging out of the deck and even quicker out of the ship. He then started flying quickly in the direction Valkryie went in... Not even having a clue there was distress signal that came from the planet.

@ChoShadow @Deathrattle BB @KingHink

It was actually quite the lovely planet. A big red ball in the blackness of space. It's topography consisting mostly of sprawling plains anD rolling hills. Interrupted by the occasional mountain range and lakes so big they could be seen from space. There was not many trees on the surface, and as far as the eye could see, the ground was covered in knee high bulbous grass.  However... much of the terrain now was ruined by craters and trenches. The kind caused by many intense fights. Small cities could be seen scattered about. However, they were mostly in states of ruin. 

The coordinates lead to the twisted wreckage of a transmission tower. While there was no one there... the only dead body in sight was that of a frost demon. It's corpse quite the worse for wear, having a large hole gaping on its back. The occupants must have moved... and judging from flashes in the distance... they hadn't gone far.

___ 

Things had gone from bad to worse. The transmission had attracted the enemy... and they had wasted no time in showing up. While it had looked hopeful, the enemy was sending a serious push to get rid of them. 

The skiff had taken damage and could no longer fly. In the back was a number worried humans... as well as the one armed saiyan whom the namekian was now trying to give his full attention. Faero... her brother... with him having fallen, Faeora did not know what she would be able to do to stop them. It had been as much as she could do to have kept them at bay for as long as she had. 

The bodies of their enemies were strewn about the ground. As well as that of the remaining of her team. Jacui... Farken... both dead now...At least Sheun was safe, the last she heard of him. Hopefully his efforts in evacuations was going more smoothly than this. This entire operation had become a battle of attrition. And her brothers team was finally beginning to crack.

As for Fae... she is in the air, going blow for blow with a scar faced namekian before helmeted saiyan took her from above. Slamming her to a ground with hefty kick.

Quickly returning to her feet, she took her stance again as the two warriors split up. Likingly going to take this chance to try and finish her off. With a yell, she powered up, injecting her ki into the ground. Anchoring herself solidly. Not as much as she hoped... but enough. She was tired. Pushed to her limit. She would be lying to herself if she said she wasnt afraid for her life. So she lied to herself.

The namekian charged her from the front. Flying forward, his fist ready to drive into her face. He had enough to momentum to send her flying clean through the cliff behind her. Yet as she caught his fist, she did not budge. Instead the ground trembled and the air around them blasted away. She was anchored fast. And she would not let herself be broken by them! 

With a quarter turn of her torso, she redirected his punch towards his other arm, giving her the opening she needed to counter with a vicious chop to his throat. She could hear his windpipe and vertebrae snap at the force of it. He fell to the ground. That left the other. The saiyan. She could feel his energy approaching rapidly from above. She looked up, and raised her arms to stop him

Caught him by his hands, and he had clasped hers, holding them tightly. The force of his collision created a large crater around them. Pushing wide area of anchored land deep into the ground. The cushion of the soil being the only thing that kept her legs from breaking. Fae looked up at him with a scowl. She could see into the visor of his helmet. She could see his smug face. He knew something she didn't.

She found out real quick. With no warning she felt an incredible blow to her body. One that shook her vision and threatened to black her out. She exhaled violently through her teeth, releasing a mist of red that sprayed against the Saiyans visor.  

She could hear cries of pain. Faeora had remained solid... the arm of the nephlem did not. After delivering a blow that would have pierced straight through anyone else on her team, against Fae all it served was to shatter it's arm...

With violent roar, she released what ki she had stored in her anchor, blasting into the arms of the surprised face of the saying. He screamed as her ki ripped through his arms. Ruining them beyond all use. Fae swung him downwards. Slamming him against the nephelem and the namekian. With what she had left... a glowing ball green ki formed in her hands and then she blasted them into oblivion... she had seen enough of their faces over the past week...

With a grimace, she left from the crater, landing with a pained exclamation and fell to hers knees. She couldn't keep this up much longer. She could feel more coming her way... and... 

Faeora's face went pale... she could sense such monstrous levels of ki heading towards her. And they were very close. She did not recognize them, the ines she should have. Her mouth went dry as she stood up on week legs. Ignoring the concerned words of the humans in her charge. How on earth was she going to be able to handle herself against them? Didn't matter... she wasn't broken yet. With a deep ragged breath she took the moment to steady herself. Steeling herself for whatever may come.

@ChoShadow @Deathrattle BB @ChazGhost

Valkyrie split through the air as fast as she could. She felt Pyro behind her, and he was rapidly catching up but she didn't care. She was here on a mission and even Pyro at his strongest would not be able to stop her. If he tried, he would die. Simple as that. And his crew would become hers with no resistance.

Finally Valkyrie could see the battleground in her field of view, and she could sense Fae's energy toward the outskirts of the battleground. As she got even closer she could see Fae, wounded and beaten down, but far from out as was typical of a Saiyan like her. Valkyrie almost smiled, but didn't for she couldn't see much of Fae's team. She had to assume the worst for at least some of them, which was a cause for sorrow.

However, that was neither here nor there right now. Fae was the important matter. Valkyrie descended and landed in front of Fae.

"Faeora!" She said as she ran over to her comrade.

The two of them were not friends, but Valkyrie knew well the reputation of the Faerari family as well as having been familiar with Fae herself. She and Era had worked with Fae and her team more than once in the past, and though Valkyrie never spent much time getting to know the group, Era did. In fact, Era and Fae were quite close... Well, as close as Fae would let them be anyway.

"Leave the rest of these mongrels to me. I'll have them cleared out before the turn of the hour." She said with a salute.

Val then turned her attention to a massive group of enemies which were rapidly descending upon the two Saiyan women, and Valkyrie's anger began to surge knowing what they were doing here and what they had likely done to Fae's team. Valkyrie's red aura flared about her causing her power to skyrocket straight to its maximum level of 4.8 million, and she fired a single massive Ki blast out of her right hand which caught all the onrushing enemies within its light and vaporized them from existence. Not even dust remained to be seen floating to the ground when the light of her attack faded and she lowered her hand.

Not being much for conversation in the heat of battle, Valkyrie rose into the air without any further words to Fae and began to fly towards the center of the battleground, but she sensed Pyro rapidly getting closer. If he was here and rushing towards her, he was likely here out of wounded pride for her taking over his ship while he was in the Gravity Room.

"Not today Pyro... I'm not in the mood!" She growled as she stopped in the air and turned to face where he was coming from.

@ChazGhost @Deathrattle BB @KingHink

@ChoShadow

@ChazGhost

@KingHink

Elprede could hear the screaming and fighting from almost, quite literally, a mile away. Loud battles with blasts of Ki flying everywhere and exploding.,.. yeah, that would definitely be good enough for his annoyingly sharp ears to pick up. He decided to run there on foot instead of flying, he didn't want anybody to pick up on his location and probably everybody was expecting him to fly.

Regardless, he met a fair bit of resistance on his way there, having to battle through a multitude of Darkhoods. Some of them were in a range of power to actually be anything of a threat to him... in his base form. They were still nowhere close to being an actual threat to him, Valkyrie, or Era currently due to his own transformation and Valkyrie's, and even Era is far too strong for most of the infantry. He dealt with them easily enough, his attacks being too quick for them to even properly react. He found it amusing when one of them actually left a bloody imprint in the dirt from face planting so hard.

He might have gotten stuck there for a minute laughing. Jasmine was horrified by his sense of humor being so uncannily psychotic and disgusting and... may have cracked a giggle herself.

He picked up the pace and went much faster than he normally would with injuries to make up for the lost time. He got there within the span of a few seconds--these planets were tiny in comparison to Zaero. Right when he got there himself, he saw a female Saiyan down in the dirt with Valkyrie right there as well. Seeing that she was well accounted for now, even if he wouldn't trust Valkyrie as far as he could throw her, she cared far more for other Saiyans than anybody else. The other one would probably be fine.

He rushed to the battleground and immediately went to full strength for a moment, including entering his Primal Form. Mazunokari hit fifteen times, his aura blasting out and knocking down the Darkhoods. It was an extremely controlled blast, hitting the others that were fighting the Darkhoods with minimal effect.

He disappeared for a moment, using his Negative Ki to appear invisible and be rendered near undetectable by all others. He dished out paralytic nerve strikes to all the Darkhoods in the vicinity, dropping them either dead to the ground or unable to move within the span of a second. He appeared beside Valkyrie, his Mazunokari disappearing while he remained in his Primal Form. His aura appeared different now... it was still a blue color, however slightly lighter in shade and appearing like that of flames around him instead of just a usual glow or being spiky.

"Yo, you should tend to your friend down there," he pointed to Faeora, "let me handle the rest of these idiots that come. You're probably better off being the one to help her anyways, not sure how trusting they would be of a Nephelem considering the few that were Darkhoods here. They fled as soon as they sensed I arrived."

Valkyrie cast a glance to Elprede.

"If it were only that easy. Pyro is coming, and I doubt he's happy that I hijacked his ship while he was training... I have to deal with him first. You make sure nobody gets to Faeora." She said, returning her gaze to where Pyro was coming at her from.

She could almost sense his anger from here, but it paled in comparison to her own for what the Darkhoods and other pirates who were mixed in had done to this planet and to Faeora and her group. If Pyro wasn't careful, he'd trigger her to transform into a Super Saiyan, not that she cared much. She wanted that power right now.

Go ahead Pyro. Give me a reason to transform... I dare you. She thought as she sensed him getting closer.

@ChazGhost @Deathrattle BB @KingHink

How pathetic it must have looked. The wide eyed vacant stare of the short saiyan. Mouth slightly open in disbelief. There really wasn't much she could do but stare... and take a step back. That was Val... but the power... was not something she could comprehend. Val had always been stronger than her... but never by this high of a margin. Fae had made explosive leaps in her own strength but this... this... the only image that came to mind was Fae being a simple campfire being compared to a small star. Not to mention a blast from Val that had eliminated more the enemies finest warriors than her team had in the past month. Incinerated in a flash.

Then came the other one. A

nephelem that she at first assumed was enemy. Yet as the warriors began dropping... of which she could not even see what had happened. And his words with Val... he was with her. She hoped. It was all she could do to nod at the two of them. 

A pained groan broke her from her stupor, one of her team member moved. The others... were not so lucky. She hurried to him, picking him up gently and taking him to the downed skiff. The human medic hurried over to help while the namekian stayed by her brothers side. 

She approached him, and knelt beside his cot. Not the wisest of moves given that her body was giving every sign that she would not be able to get back up so easily. "Dr... How is he?"

The namekian looked down at Faero, "I believe he has stabalized. The bleeding has stopped anyway. It's hard to tell with what we have to work with. However... as I said before... These are not the sort of injuries you just treat and that's that. Even for a saiyan. He'll be lucky if he can walk." He said in a grim tone. No news a saiyan ever wants to hear.

She looked down at him, and to think... he was the strongest here. Faero's eyes fluttered open, he looked at his missing arm then back up to Faeora."The others..." He said, his voice barely rising above a whisper.

"They are gone... It is only me, you, and Jorn. If the doctor can help him. But help is here." Fae told him.

Faero turned his head, ignoring the pain and effort that it took. He opened his eyes again. His eyes focusing on the saiyan woman floating above the battlefield. Valkyrie Urzen. Who would have thought... his eyes closed and he passed out. If he had been able, he might have tried to chuckle.

Fae rested a hand on her brothers chest and looked up at the battle again...

@Deathrattle BB @ChazGhost @ChoShadow

Three of enemies were beganing to run when Pyro flew into them, knocking them all away. Pyro paused for a second to look and see if Valkyrie was here. Look like a big battle is going on... Or happend... Is that fox?!... Wait then that little dirty monkey is... Right there!... Pyro thought before spoting valkyrie and flying to be straight infront of her. "What the hell gave you the right to order my ship around?! We were moving in space slow so some of men who were doing a final check on the darkhood wreckage could catch up! And they could be left behind in some random part of the galaxy... Again Dirty little monkey what gives you the right?! Your just a passanger on the ship and there a order of command on the ship with me on top and you close to the bottom! I don't care what rank you have in sayain society or if you can become a yellow super monkey becuase you are not apart of the crew or even know how its run!" Pyro yelled straight at Valkyrie face. Then he took a few momments to catch his breath from the yelling.

@ChoShadow @Deathrattle BB @KingHink

Users who are viewing this thread

Back