Chitchat "I was told I could be anything..."

Dr.Nekoshu

Confuse. Improvise. Overcome.
I just thought I'd do this for some reason, cuz the quote popped into my head.
So! The main reason is for us to just say who we are or what we want to become, we can talk about it, discuss it. But no extremely rude comments or similar please~

So, I was never told the quote myself but I heard it. And I wanted to be many things, so became myself and I'm still doing so.

Author
Then the dankest President of the United States ever.

Edit: I was being completely serious when I wrote this.

Last edited:
I'm Holly. I'm 26, and I'm a nurse. I never thought I would go into the medical field. I went to college after high school and dropped out, and worked at a store in the local mall where I got maybe 5-10 hours a week, give or take a few. I was happy with that. Then I met a guy in 2013 who changed my life. He died that year, shortly after we got engaged, and in his last letter to me said I should become a nurse because of my passion for helping people. He died September 11, 2013, and I was enrolled in nursing school that following November. It was a scary ride, but I graduated and have now been a nurse going on two years, and I couldn't be happier. I currently work at a methadone clinic, and I love it.

I was actually told that I would be a worthless, stupid little street rat because I have a different learning style than some people.

Then I met possibly the kindest boy I ever came across. He told me that I can do anything if I'm willing to work hard enough. I am now a nursing student.

I want to get my CNA certification and eventually go on to work as an RN in pediatrics.

I've heard the quote in different forms but it all boiled down to this. But for me, I'm still on the journey of finding out what I want to do! I really actually have no clue. I'm graduating university soon with a commerce major and i do like it but lately I've been feeling I'm more drawn towards trying to help people. I'm just not sure how to do that with a business background, though, so I'm starting to try to focus on that.

My other problem is, I want to make a lot of money but that doesn't seem compatible with being in a typical helping people field, unless you're like a doctor or something, and I'm not a science person. I guess "helping people" is a little more abstract of a goal than "financial advisor" or "nurse" or "engineer", though...

I was told I could be anything as well. I wanted to be a yoshi when I was 5 and it didn't happen. That dream didn't last long lol. Right now I'm just aspiring to be someone who can get their bachelor's degree. But I'm starting to think becoming a disposable dinosaur is an easier goal. :3

I wanted to be everything: lawyer, doctor, basically any high-paying job lol. Right now I just want a decent career I enjoy and I'm still trying to find my purpose in life and I'm 21. :closedeyescryingfrown:

I've heard the quote in different forms but it all boiled down to this. But for me, I'm still on the journey of finding out what I want to do! I really actually have no clue. I'm graduating university soon with a commerce major and i do like it but lately I've been feeling I'm more drawn towards trying to help people. I'm just not sure how to do that with a business background, though, so I'm starting to try to focus on that.

My other problem is, I want to make a lot of money but that doesn't seem compatible with being in a typical helping people field, unless you're like a doctor or something, and I'm not a science person. I guess "helping people" is a little more abstract of a goal than "financial advisor" or "nurse" or "engineer", though...

Well, in my honest opinion, helping people can tend to be a daily thing and not just a job. I personally have been wanting to help people for a long time now, and that set me on the path to become a social worker. But because of this, I also volunteer at a Soup kitchen, I try my best to be there for people whether I know them or not when they need someone, or simply try to put a smile on someone's face.
So simply, helping people, you could make a lot of money then donate to a good cause and still get both of those wishes.

I was told I could be anything as well. I wanted to be a yoshi when I was 5 and it didn't happen. That dream didn't last long lol. Right now I'm just aspiring to be someone who can get their bachelor's degree. But I'm starting to think becoming a disposable dinosaur is an easier goal. :3

I can not really make too many comments on this, as I have yet to reach college, though one more year and that option is finally open. But hey, don't be a disposable dinosaur, those plumbers will just use you. :P

I wanted to be everything: lawyer, doctor, basically any high-paying job lol. Right now I just want a decent career I enjoy and I'm still trying to find my purpose in life and I'm 21. :closedeyescryingfrown:

That's not a bad thing, wanting a high-paying job to start out with just means you got big dreams or big plans once you figure them out.
But simply wanting a decent career you enjoy is just as good as anything else. Do something you love, and you'll surely become great at it and be paid well whether you started out with a low income or any other. And don't worry, finding your purpose can take time, some people it takes a long time, others know from the moment they're born, but don't cry or fret, just continue living, and you'll find it in time if you simply look.

Alive I guess?? (A lot of the time not even that) I really have no idea what to do with my life. Nothing seems appealing to me

I had such big dreams as a kid. Police woman or Vet, it wasn't until my angsty years I grew to love writing and reading non stop. I still hold my dreams to write and voice act. But sadly life has other plans and my dreams may need to be put on the back burner until I can get my life together. Such is reality I suppose.

When are we as humanity going to realize, that what we call "reality," is a word made by man. When is humanity going to realize that we are only limiting ourselves to "reality." When are we going to push the envelope of reality, when are we going to push through our current reality, and make a whole new one. When are we going to realize that reality, is and always will be the word that keeps us from soaring, and making new discoveries. When are we going to realize what we call "reality" is really the chains pinning us to the ground, keeping us from flying. When are we going to realize that reality, is made up! That reality is the opposite of its definition! That those chains holding us down, are breakable! I challenge humanity, to break the chain we call "reality."

I had such big dreams as a kid. Police woman or Vet, it wasn't until my angsty years I grew to love writing and reading non stop. I still hold my dreams to write and voice act. But sadly life has other plans and my dreams may need to be put on the back burner until I can get my life together. Such is reality I suppose.

If you can think of RP's and keep up with them, you have some promise as a writer. If you can read stories (especially if you have the capacity to do voices for multiple characters), you have some promise as a voice actor. Never, ever give up on your dreams. You can achieve anything you work hard enough for.

I want to be a music person.

No I don’t know what a music person does but my guess is that it has something to do with music so that is good enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back