• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I was reincarnated into a fantasy world (Group 1)

Group 1

Arc 1
Gin and a Wrong Turn
Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Ghostiiys Ghostiiys MasterJuann MasterJuann Hippu Hippu

dead-forest.jpg

It might have been the things at stake, while they were supposed to face incoming demon hordes, Gin's group had another motive. Theo the Archmage himself had assigned Gin to investigate the rumors of the city of Ibelstan. From what Gin had heard Ibelstan was a city ruled by nobles and a great archbishop. Through the use of Portals by Theo they had been teleported to Nascent, one of the distant continents of Ark'nos.​

Gin, Aaron, Innuo, Bast, Esther and Teppo had been wandering around in the Whispering Woods, with any luck the other two groups would be doing fine for now. They had begun to feel lost and Gin having noticed that Bast and Aaron hadn't been getting along too well earlier hoped that it wasn't too long before everyone started to argue.

Gin had remembered Theo's last words to her before she had departed from Morningstar.
"It would be best to avoid telling others the severity of this but I have a feeling that a dark aura has passed over Ibelstan. The aura is dark and familiar although it is not quite powerful to be the Demon Lord Oobaru. I have a feeling that there may be more sides to this war than we had originally thought. I hope I am wrong but at the very least I would like to see if we can come to a form of alliance against Oobaru with Ibelstan."

It was like Theo to be secretive. Growing up he never felt the need to explain himself too much when teaching Gin. She couldn't think of it now but hopefully they could find somebody to speak to for directions in this forest. The forest was lined with series of dead trees which could be considered creepy in it's own right, although from what Gin had heard this was commonplace for Nascent.

At the very least it was clear they were to head to Ibelstan, the home city of Nascent.

"Perhaps we could get to know eachother more while we're on the road?" Gin said, thinking of something.
"I suppose I already know Aaron to an extent but for everyone else, I'm Gin Arturas, apprentice of the Royal Archmage Theo of the Society of Stars. I've been raised around the castle since I was a baby and have became an Archmage in the society. How about the rest of you?" She said walking around with the others in the scary forest.

They had made their way to a pond lined with stones and she picked one up skipping it across the murky water. Ahead of the pond was a old wooden sign labeled
"Millstone Village" pointing to the west. Well that's convenient. thought Gin.

Last edited:
Teppo knew little about the place the group he was assigned to was going, but it sounded quite far for somewhere they were supposed to reach in a month. It made sense though once it became apparent the Morningstar kingdom had someone who could create some portals of their own. He felt confident guessing they hadn't been dropped right at their destination though, a fact he wouldn't have minded if there were good reasons, and if it didn't mean being forced to deal with the two who had struck a nerve of his already. At least their apparent leader seemed to have a decent head on their shoulders, or so he hoped. The trees that littered the area appeared to be dead, a sight that he found more sad than creepy. The marshes back home had been rather lush and beautiful, though densely filled with mosquitoes in the right season.

The leader of their group spoke up and caught Teppo's attention in doing so, though he didn't feel particularly like repeating himself much. "I am Teppo." His statement was made plainly, and it was plenty of a reminder for now. He listened for any other responses but kept the majority of his attention on their surroundings for any signs of life. It wouldn't end well if they were caught off guard by some sort of predator that was bold enough to attack humans. But all that seemed to be around was a murky pond and a lone sign giving directions to some place called Millstone Village. Maybe it was a mistake, but he assumed at least some of them would have their mind in the same place as he did, questioning the age of the sign and whether it might have been from before this place became so barren. If that was the case, they likely wouldn't find any relief for a while since no other signs were around to point towards any other settlement that might have been close. Gin, he continued to believe, knew the way, so he continued following her lead.

As they continued on, Teppo kept his eyes peeled for mushrooms or plants of any kind that might be useful. Even if he wasn't familiar with the area, his education on such things had been extensive enough that he was confident he would be able to identify anything he saw in short order. The time for another meal may still be far off, but it was good to gather before they actually needed it, especially somewhere that might not have much to eat in the first place. If all else failed, a day or two without food wouldn't kill them. They definitely needed to secure a clean source of water before the night was over though. They could carve a stone bowl with some effort, and the dead trees should provide decent firewood, but they still needed to separate the dirt and moss from the water. Even if it was sanitary and not very salty, moss and dirt would hardly be appealing after boiling the water. They could use someone's clothes, but it would have been better if he had known what was going on and could have brought some equipment for this. He didn't know what the others were capable of yet though, so it could be a lot more simple if any of them knew relevant spells for any part of it.

The trip to the portal and through was simple enough, Aaron even had half a mind to snag that fun little spell for his own use, but thought against it. The old archmage was not one to trifle with...though that rarely stopped the young fox before. As he stepped through and the magic moved around and through him, he sighed and shiver at the feeling. Always so odd, he thought as he found himself in new surroundings. Dark, dank, and rather creepy, Aaron shrugged and waited for the rest before they continued on their walk through these 'pleasant' woods.

"Perhaps we could get to know each other more while we're on the road?" Gin had said before she took the expression of thinking, "I suppose I already know Aaron to an extent..."

As the young archmage finished her introduction, Aaron only sighed, "'To an extent'? I've been living alongside you for a little over four summers and you only know me to an extent? I must say I'm rather taken aback by that statement." As he picks up the witch's apprentice's short introduction, he smirked and shifts his appearance, mimicking that of Teppo to near perfection...aside from the rather mischievous smirk on his lips. 'Teppo' tugs at his hat and bows low, "As you might have heard back within the kingdom of Morningstar, I am Aaron Raybrandt, a scholar of magic, and apparently..." He sends back a small glance at Gin, "...apparently only acquaintanced to young Ms. Arturas. While I've my habits..." He says as he changes back, "...I make it a note to not be too much of a prankster. It shall be an interesting adventure with the rest of you, I hope." He gives them all a charming smile before waiting for the next to go, walking backwards alongside Gin.

Innuo seemed rather sullen and quiet since the groups had formed and taken through the portal. This group....was hardly his first choice.
Yet they were doing their best to clear the air of awkward tension that seemed stagnant between them.
The boy walked at the back of the pack merely looking at the scenery as the others began their introductions which he did indeed pay mind to however he had not really been allowed to meet any of them even with his visits to the castle.
“In....Innuo, a priest of the church.....I....I am here to help....but I hope...you won’t need it”
The man slowly and shakily brought forward the words in a antisocial way.
He just wasn’t the type to really do this whole saving the world but. At least not in his current state.
As of now he looked and acted more like a sniveling shy priest that wanted nothing to do with this entire venture but the churches orders were absolute.

Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Ghostiiys Ghostiiys MasterJuann MasterJuann Hippu Hippu

When the witch boy simply introduced himself as Teppo, Gin frowned. It wasn't the most descriptive answer.Not the one she was looking for. Aaron however took offense to her simply saying she knew him to an extent.
"I didn't mean it like that." Gin said softly. The third boy introduced himself as Innuo, claiming to be the priest of the church? Was there a church that worshipped the Goddess in Morningstar? Gin always forgot about religion when it came to her life.

This wasn't really the responses Gin had been looking for. "Ah forget it." She said.
"Let's just see if we can get some directions from the Village." She said walking further along west.

They began to walk down following the sign it wouldn't be too far before they had reached the entrance of what seemed to be a village. A sizable fountain with white glossy liquid was placed in the middle and a giant clocktower could be seen past it. Two buildings could also be seen from here although there seemed to be other sections that led to other parts of the village. The bigger building had a sign that labeled "Blackhorne Inn" on it and lights could be seen on from inside. A hooded figure stood outside the Inn while a ghostlike animal entity of some sort was sitting on the edge of the fountain.

"So... Spooky Fountain with ghost.. check. Weird sketchy person outside inn, check. What should we do?"

Teppo approached the priest slowly after he introduced himself. "If something is wrong, don't be quiet about it." Beyond the obvious meaning, he meant the words to be comforting somewhat in showing care for his fellows on this trip but he wasn't sure if the priest would take any from it. Aaron's mimicry of his form didn't go unnoticed either but he wouldn't waste words on him, whatever his intent. He didn't hide the frown expressing his displeasure at the act either though. Gin on the other hand seemed to be less knowledgeable and decisive than he had thought and that warranted a response. "How far is it to the next settlement? If we need to rest, something here will do I think even if it really is abandoned. But otherwise we should proceed towards our objective."

Teppo for his part tried to make out any other details about the place while staying close to the group. The surroundings made it doubtful that this place could sustain any population but maybe there was something people could live off of around here. It wasn't unlikely that all the beings that could be seen were ghosts or otherwise unliving creatures born from the remains of a people that lived here in the past rather than a current small group that was clinging onto the land stubbornly. The liquid in the fountain might be worth investigating though, so he made his way over carefully to have a look and possibly identify it.

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Last edited:
The day previously had Bast in a particularly sour mood. Even more so that one of her main provocateurs was in the same group as her. She would've chosen differently if she had known, regardless she was here now and she hated this forest. The dampness of the ground coupled with the musty air she was breathing in.

At first, the trek from Morning star kingdom was fairly normal, They had walked past a more modernized area, which was given since they were still close to the king's castle, but it still gave Bast a decent idea of areas that could be vulnerable to attack at a larger scale, depending on the infrastructure of cities or towns. Watching the normal folk it was clear to see that tensions were already high. They knew what was coming, and as much as they wanted to ignore it the time was ticking.

Maybe it was just because Bast was a demi-human, but she could hear the heartbeats of everyone, every living being, even if she wanted to deny it she was a little scared too. Her ears twitching about, forced to listen to the fear that surrounded her. It was something that helped her be akin to a predator, she knew that when things were scared they would react out of fear, and that was a perfect time to strike. Maybe that was a tactic the demon lord used, get people scared and you can rally them any way you like, easy pickings.

Her morbid albeit more than likely perspective thinking was cut short to the sound of a rather annoying voice, the red-headed witch. Maybe she was in the right place, but there really was no need to delve into our life stories. We already knew that we where reborn children, destined to save this world yada yada. Although she could sense that with the replies she was getting weren't to her satisfaction which Bast couldn't help but chortle. They answered, why was she feeling so entitled?

When they had stumbled upon the small and rather decrepit village, Upon listening to Teppo she wondered. "I don't know why there would be a village here if no one intended to live in the area. " Looking at the hooded figure. "Oi!' she yelled. Her hands cusped around her mouth to make her voice louder without getting too close. "YOU ALIVE?" she brought her hands down and cocked her. "Maybe this is just a town full of necromancers".

Hippu Hippu SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Innuo Haruta
CB2B6660-169D-4218-B89D-DCC80FDAA6EA.jpeg

The other sorceress gave some small words of encouragement that seemed to be offered from a good place but he wasn’t sure to be honest. After all he never understood women anyways.
“I....I will mhm”
was all the young man could mutter to the feminine boy that he had mistakenly assumed was a girl.
His features reddened like a tomato as she turned toward the fountain and began examining it his eyes following down hesitantly from her hair the image panning toward her nice and shapely....suddenly all thoughts ceased and Innuo’s vision went dark.
All women were seen as sacred in his eyes as that was how the nuns had raised him and their words were meant to be understood and followed especially mother superiors.
Innuo shuddered at the remembrance of punishments when his eyes would linger on one of the sisters half a second to long or if he didn’t articulate his words without sounding well... as she would put it a horny demon dog.
The priest slumped over twitching for a mere fleeting second. Then he stood upright sniffing the air as the acrid fog passed his nostrils.
Something was not right here besides the obvious creeper vibes the hooded figure was giving off.
The blondes crimson gaze fell onto the feline Demi as his face distorted in disgust.

“Can you smell that....”
He expressed in an unsatisfactory tone to her as she was one of the other Demi humans in their group.
“This places seems cursed, was this the mission or are we lost?, whatever no time to dwell on it now”
The mans demeanor flipped like a switch now able to form a coherent sentence. His tone thick with sarcasm as he strode past the others walking into the inn and placing a hand on the door his eyes shooting to the side to peer at the hooded figure as he past making a *tch* sound with his tongue he hair even seemed to have displaced becoming a little more unruly and spiked as he opened the door.
“You guys comin or what?, damn free loading push overs...”

Hippu Hippu SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM Ghostiiys Ghostiiys MasterJuann MasterJuann

Aaron listened to the conversations bouncing back and forth, the way people went about their business, and spoke their piece. He smirked at Gin's comment.

"I didn't mean it like that." She had said, though he only heard it because of his racial features.

He nudged her gently to show that he had been joking, at least somewhat. The words still stung a bit, but hey, not everyone had to like him. He placed his hands in his pockets and listened quietly as each other person spoke. He watched the feminine-looking witchling try to comfort the rather shy priest. As they arrived in the small town, all dreary and full of gloom, he watched all of his allies seem to lose their head. Bast was shouting rather loudly, making ridiculous comments about necromancy, and seeming to laugh at Gin's expense, while the once unsociable priest began insulting them. Aaron could only sigh and mimic the form of Innuo, spiked hair and all, "Freeloading pushovers? I'm sorry, dear bipolar priest, but have I missed something? Have you paid for anything on this quest? I seem to have missed it. In addition, this goes for Bast as well, I don't believe strolling right into the town that clearly has some form of miasma surrounding it, or screaming into it, is the best idea. Instead of being arrogant, overly cocky children, what say we actually talk this out with the person who knows more about the area than we do?" He points to Gin before dropping his hands, "Of course if you believe yourself to be too self-important to go into places, possibly dangerous or otherwise, without any information. Please, walk yourself right off that cliff. However keep in mind, despite our...mental strains..." Aaron eyed Innuo none too secretly, "...we are still a team. We still have to do this together. I recommend getting over yourselves."

Ghostiiys Ghostiiys VeiledPariah VeiledPariah SomebodyElse SomebodyElse MasterJuann MasterJuann Hippu Hippu

Group 1

Arc 1
Gin and a Wrong Turn

Gin responded to Teppo.
"I'm not sure. We could ask this stranger for directions." Gin said looking at the hooded figure who only seemed to stare at them or perhaps into darkness as she couldn't see his face.
Bast had her two cents and yelled at the hooded figure. A motion that Gin was sure would get them killed. The last thing you wanted was to piss off someone who you might not be able to mess with.
Gin had a feeling Bast already wasn't fond of everyone, although she wasn't sure why the Cat even had anything against anyone yet.
When Innuo spoke up more and complained as well, it was nice to see that Aaron tried to be the voice of reason.

The hooded figure continued to watch them but stopped her hands infront of the door as bast tried to walk in.

"I make it a habit of knowing everyone who enters Millstone Village. You could say it's a precaution. And try not to scare anyone with talks about necromancers or curses. There's been some... issues in the past."

He said. The voice was distinctly shadowy, but sounded like a woman's voice. It felt awkward to think this person listened to everyone's squabbles but the woman didn't mention anything about their issues, and gin had the feeling she could've cared less.

"We've had some problems lately. You could say Millstone Village is in the middle of a redecoration. Some unfriendly faces have made it so that we're not exactly welcoming to anyone who wants to cause some trouble, so I'd like to ask you all to state your business." She said keeping herself positioned infront of the door.

Gin decided it would be best to upfront.
"We're trying to get to Ibelstan. And get some rest and supplies hopefully while we stay here. May we ask who you are?

The hooded figure stood silently for a moment.
"Who am I you ask? I'm an Assassin. I'm not currently on any jobs but if you cause trouble for us, I might have to employ my own trade skills, if you may."
"I'm afraid the only person here who would know how to get to Ibelstan would be Heru. Although I'm not sure where he is at the moment, perhaps some of the others around the village might have some clues. I'm sure Lucasas over by the fountain might know some things, or perhaps some of the tavern people might. You're free to wander the village for now, but I will be keeping an eye on you.

The figure said motioning back towards the white glossy fountain where noticably a cat-like spirit was sitting on the fountain, more clearly in view this time as they had gotten closer towards the village.

"Well I suppose we could ask around. I have a feeling we might have to help this village with some problems before people trust us enough. It also sounds like this missing Heru person isn't missing without a reason." Gin said to the others.

Gin's response was concerning to say the least, but she was right to consider asking around next. If that failed, which it very well could considering the state of the place, they would have to pick up some kind of idea from the environment maybe. Teppo kept his ears open while he continued his investigation of the fountain, leaving the other matter to the rest of their band for the meantime, looking the cat-like spirit near it a look over silently for a time before returning his attention to the substance in the fountain. First he focused on getting a good look at the liquid, then he brought his hand close to feel for it's relative temperature and any other impact it was having on the air around it. Next he wafted some of the air above the liquid towards himself and took a light sniff, then he finally made his way quickly back out of the settlement to grab a dead branch and returned with it, dipping the tip cautiously into the liquid and observing for any changes.

Once he exhausted his current means of identifying the substance and had a decent idea of it's properties, he went through a pouch he had brought to look for a suitable container and dipped it carefully to take a sample of the liquid before returning to the area outside the inn where he had last seen everyone. "If we are helping around here, where should we start?" The spirit by the fountain came to mind, but if anyone had other ideas it would be worth hearing them.

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM MasterJuann MasterJuann Ghostiiys Ghostiiys VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

At the raised voice of Aaron and the outthrust arm of this assassin who would eventually introduce themselves Innuo halted his movement. The cloaked figure began speaking of the villages problems but not in depth and in a rather vague way but did offer the insight that a certain Heru could help the group continue on their way to Ibelstan, that various others could provide tid bits of information and a warning that they would be keeping an eye on them.
To which the fighter simply nodded his irritable face looking more serious as he spoke to the assassin “I don’t know what is plaguing your village but if we can help we will”
the man offered a warm smile to the hooded stranger before spinning on his heels to face the others. His eyes settling on Aaron who still seemed to be in the midst of pointing out everyone’s faults at the attempt to protect Gin and his image.
“Yo, how about you take your own advice lover boy, taking things literally can and will get you killed out here”
The males eyes fixated on him the intent that dropped from them was nothing less than malice and indeed in that moment Innuo looked devilish and like he would do harm to Aaron.
He did not know much about the other children anymore even in their past lives Innuo was not around many of them on a personal level. He was just...there always in the background and being the delinquent. Yet seeing Aaron turn his frustrations on the group and try to turn them into a lecture at Gins expense really pissed him off.

“While you are standing there asking me to walk off a cliff and bitching about how we handle things and everything else you can think of, people are dying. So if you can’t understand me trying to get us to our destination a little quicker then by all means”
Innuo help up a finger his smile glimmering through the fog. “Sit on it and rotate, or continue to be the crownless queens lapdog for all I care, a man who hardly left the castle grounds isn’t gonna tell me how to handle myself out here or comment on my attitude, when he has done nothing. Hey pussy cat imma go ask around in town about any strange sightings, you wanna handle finding Heru?, your nose is better than mine, you mages could probably look into doing something about this fog.....or you can stand there and protect sweet cheeks who has been working this entire time, again just a suggestion”
Innuo breathed the last few lines speaking in a mocking tone similar to Aaron’s as he turned back around beginning to walk into town lifting a hand to wave back at his group as he walked away from it.
“Your wrong about one thing, We are not a team...and we never will be”
The Demi human was unsure if the others had heard that last bit not that he cared as his stride took him into the main village square the fog only seeming to dissipate whenever he was within three arms lengths.
It may not be necromancers but something was up with this place.
Innuo moved into the tavern most of its patrons just turning to see who had entered the establishment before resuming their activities of feasting, drinking, and bothering the bar maid.
Innuo had been to many places like this when he and the sisters would spread the gospel to the less fortunate.
The boy leaned against the bar and the tavern keeper turned to greet him, a seemingly more jolly man compared to the last encounter asking him if he wanted anything, to which Innuo nodded.
“I am here looking for information, about Heru, and trying to sequester supplies for my group and we’ll have you noticed anything else strange about this place”
Innuo replied as he caught the stein that had been slid to him and took a drink of the ale that the barkeep had poured. This place did seem rather normal so what was the assassin talking about issues in the past?

Ghostiiys Ghostiiys

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

MasterJuann MasterJuann

Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM

Hippu Hippu

Last edited:
Yo, how about you take your own advice lover boy, taking things literally can and will get you killed out here” came the first response to Aaron's attempt to reign in the clergy's attitude. He rolled his eyes at the words and sighed, "If I hadn't intended to, I wouldn't have said them." However as Innuo glared at him with malice and bloodlust, Aaron didn't lose his composure. He looked at the demi-human with relative disdain until he listened to their next words...

While you are standing there asking me to walk off a cliff and bitching about how we handle things and everything else you can think of, people are dying. So if you can’t understand me trying to get us to our destination a little quicker then by all means.” Innuo held up a finger his smile glimmering through the fog. “Sit on it and rotate, or continue to be the crownless queen's lapdog for all I care, a man who hardly left the castle grounds isn’t gonna tell me how to handle myself out here or comment on my attitude when he has done nothing. Hey, pussy cat imma go ask around in town about any strange sightings, you wanna handle finding Heru? Your nose is better than mine, you mages could probably look into doing something about this fog.....or you can stand there and protect sweet cheeks who has been working this entire time, again just a suggestion

Aaron's anger was silent as his look of disdain became a glare. A habit only Gin, and possibly Bast, would know, Aaron's illusion that masked his fox-like features faded. Even the way he spoke changed, going from a formal, kind tone to more standoffish and crude. His eyes were down and his tail was still as he crossed his arms, "As if some church-fed, tit-sucking, mentally-ill peasant could ever understand what's gone on in my life. Demi-humans don't get to start in a castle, especially none like me, however, this isn't about me. If yer in such a twist to do yer own shit, shove off and walk that cliff. As if anyone gotta tell me how dangerous this world is." He twitched nearly unnoticeably at Innuo's comment towards Bast, "You'd think a pleb like you woulda learned respect from the church. She's got a name, ya poor excuse fora child. Learn it."

He turned around angrily and took a few paces to try and calm down. At Innuo's final comment, the one that spoke against the team that they had to be, his ears twitched softly. He spoke calmly, yet the rage just underneath could easily be heard, "If you aren't going to work together with us, why don't you screw off on your own. At least that way, you might be useful."

@ SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Hippu Hippu @ MasterJuann MasterJuann @ Ghostiiys Ghostiiys @ VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Bast placed her clawed hand over her mouth, in an attempt to muffle her snickering. She could of never have thought that things would escalate so quickly, but the drama was welcomed, at least for now.

"As much as I revel in the hostility of two testosterone-filled boys, maybe we should just focus on the task at hand hm?" She ran her fingers through her hair her long ears twitching instinctively from her touch.

"If we end up being set back because you two want to scrap it's going to set us back a lot '' she sighed before looking at the blonded hair man.

She had a few choice words to give him but honestly Bast though it was too much trouble, she was already in a place that was not familiar to her, and perhaps this dysfunctional display would play to someone's advantage. This village made her uncomfortable, the smells, the wet ground, the humidity on her fur. It was stimulation overload. She cracked her knuckles and fixed her top, in an almost self-soothing gesture before she looked at Aaron. '' It seems we are all going to get along splendidly ! " in a sarcastic tone.

She patted Aaron on the back. ''Guess I'll take a look at this fountain cat" She said. "Maybe since we are both cats, it'll trust me?" She sounded like she was doubting herself, but she couldn't think of anything else.

mentions : Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Hippu Hippu SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Last edited:

"PFFFT-"

For the first time during their trip, Esther finally involved herself in the group's banter by laughing uncontrollably into the palm of her hand, glancing away from Aaron and Innuo's bickering. It was done simultaneously with Bast's, although she hadn't gotten over it nearly as quickly.

Sure, the teen had spoken here and there, but it was always just polite and in passing. Maybe she picked up and returned something one of her teammates dropped, or maybe it was a quick compliment, but that was the most she had given. It wasn't as if she was anti-social, though; the girl certainly had an air of hospitality and youthfulness, a typical lighthearted expression always present on her face. She was quick to smile, too, as if she hadn't a care in the world.

Esther had actually planned on introducing herself as Gin suggested, but waited for the others to go first. However, their painfully bland responses prompted Gin to dismiss the idea, so Esther wasn't going to argue. There was no real need for them to get to know her, anyway. This would be the only mission she'd spend with them, and therefore, probably the only instance in which they'd interact with one another.

The King was the one who privately asked her to participate in the mission after her refusal to live up to the prophecy. The deal was that she would try it out just this once, and afterwards, if she really didn't want to be part of it, he'd let her go. Of course, he wouldn't dismiss the conversation without reminding her about the importance of their all involvement, that every single one of them plays a part, that no one could be replaced in the prophecy, yada yada yada--basically, he implied that she'd be abandoning them all and assisting the Demon Sleeping Beautytm. He didn't say it outright, but that seemed to be what he was pointing to when he lectured her as if she didn't know about it already.

Well, okay, she didn't know that she couldn't be replaced, but that didn't change anything. Probably.

So, essentially, this "try out" wasn't really for her to see if she would end up mysteriously enjoying her time and suddenly want to be part of the prophecy. It's not like this it was a product of some sort; no sane person could get hooked like they were on some 7-day trial for a streaming service. After his monologue, it seemed like he really just expected her to take this time to contemplate whether she was really alright with abandoning their world. He wanted her to re-make her decision while being aware of the dire circumstances after being asked from the almighty King himself.

Still, Esther was still not changing her mind, which is why she was convinced this was a one-time thing, which is why she was also convinced that introductions weren't worth much attention. No second death for her, no life-risking, no leaving Papa on his own, and unfortunately, no new friends who also had memories from their past lives to bond over the unfortunate lack of french fries with.

...but, damn, were they funny!

Esther sighed as her laughter died down, her amused smile refusing to dwindle. Still, it didn't seem to hold any malice and lacked the slight condescending edge that Bast's had.

She had absolutely no idea what was up with these guys, and couldn't tell what was funnier: Innuo's sudden and random transition to a completely opposite personality, Aaron's hilariously harsh insults, or the fact that Bast was laughing at them when she had been in the exact same dramatic, anger-induced position at the castle not too long ago.

Finally, she settled down as the demi-human suggested speaking with Lucasas at the fountain.

"Maybe we could also split up into pairs?" Esther proposed, bouncing off of Bast's words. "In groups of three, I'm sure we could cover more ground if we're just talking to villagers."

The tavern keeper poured Innuo some ale before responding to his question. It was quite strange to see visitors. Millstone Village was so far away from any other part of civilization that usually the only people who came here were those looking for trouble.
"Strange? Welcome to Nascent. As for Millstone in particular, we're simply abit uneasy due to some recent events. One of our own, Heru as you mentioned has gone missing. He used to live in the clocktower but since then that place has been locked up and anyone who enters doesn't ever leaves. Some people think it was the work of some necromancers but that was a couple months ago and we covered that problem. If you're looking for supplies, I'd be willing to let you look at my wares. I don't have too much in the way of good gear but food and supplies I can sell. I might have some basic steel weaponry somewhere I suppose."

The Shopkeeper continued to clean over the bar with a rag as he spoke on.
"If I were you, I'd try to solve this mystery, the sooner you can find Heru, the sooner you'll be able to find wherever you're trying to go. There are a couple people in here that may have more clues. Varte is an old samurai that has been here for awhile, Lucasas might know some things.
VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

It sorta felt like both the boys were arguing about her but also more so that the group just didn't have good chemistry from the start. How were they expected to save the world if they kept arguing with eachother like this?
At the very least the quiet girl had finally spoken up more suggesting everyone go in pairs. That would be fine if Innuo hadn't already gone off by himself.
"Well Innuo seems to have gone in the inn by himself so I suppose that leaves me, Aaron, Esther, Bast, and Teppo. So that means groups of 2 and 3. I suppose it'd make sense if Bast did go talk to Lucasas. If anyone wants to accompany her, just say so. I'd be willing to if nobody does.

Also I think some of us should probably go after Innuo before he does something that ruins our chances here."
Gin said quite exasperated. Things weren't going great. Seems like everyone in the group basically acted like a exploding cannonball. It was weird to think that minutes before Aaron was being the voice of reason and Innuo had been well-behaved. Also Bast had been acting quite more violently earlier.

"Let's all try to get along for now. I really didn't expect this turn of events but we're not exactly welcome here. So let's not get ourselves killed by our Asssassin friend for being stupid."
Hippu Hippu Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM Ghostiiys Ghostiiys MasterJuann MasterJuann VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Innuo nodded his thanks and fished out some coin for both the drink and information. It was indeed nice that in this world a 16 year old could drink at a tavern. Although this stuff tasted nothing like the booze he swiped from his fridge at home. So the Samurai, and this Lucasas. That was the third time Lucasas he been brought up. Which seemed like the person or well cat thing to speak to however. The boy thought as he mulled over a swig of ale.
“There is no way I am going back out there after that scene”
So he chose the former to speak to.
It didn’t take long for Innuo to locate Varte, I mean how many other samurai could there be in here.
Taking his drink he slide into the seat in front of him.
“I am looking for Heru, any information you got would be appreciated”
Well....at least that is what he had wanted to say but his haughty self had outlived its time here so by the time the priest made it to the table he was practically shaking the entire tavern from awkward nervousness.
“I...I heard....you...can help...mme...mmee. Find Heru...sir”
The boys bravado had slipped back into the recesses of his mind and once more a former shell was left in its place.
Hippu Hippu Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM Ghostiiys Ghostiiys MasterJuann MasterJuann SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

"I'm sure one of us can catch up to Innuo since we already know we went to the Inn," Esther replied, glancing in the direction their teammate had walked off in. "For safety reasons, I think it's a bad idea to let people be alone. We should at least be in pairs."

Plus, she had a feeling he wouldn't be able to find out much on his own if he suddenly forgets how to talk again. The guy might've talked big with Aaron a few minutes ago, but for the majority of the trip, he could hardly get a coherent sentence out without short circuiting. That couldn't be good thing if he was left alone, no matter how you look at it.

So, the teen looked to the rest of the group expectantly. "Who wants to go?"

It seemed everyone else was being proactive, so it was best that he find something he could do to help, and that is how he ended up trailing off to the outskirts trying to remember what he knew of tracking animals and looking for some kind of mark to start him off. Ultimately what he found he wasn't even sure was a disturbance in the dirt rather than a naturally occurring unevenness amplified by what rainfall this place gets but he had to start somewhere, so he made his way along what he thought might be something's trail and marked the dead wood along the way so he could retrace his steps later.

As he went along, his thoughts drifted to the group he had been slotted into, how they didn't seem to mesh well and were quite a rowdy bunch so far, but maybe they'd get used to each other and learn how to work together somewhat better before the demon hordes washed over them. He wouldn't mind giving that insensitive one a kick in the pants before that though. On the other hand, if they managed to get somewhere in defending against this demon king, maybe he could get some answers. Maybe he could even figure out a way to open up a passage of his own to another world. "Hän on demoni. Vittu saatana. Epäilen, että hän vain kertoo minulle jos sanon 'kiitos' " he commented to himself with a sigh and continued along the trail.

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Ghostiiys Ghostiiys MasterJuann MasterJuann

It was around midday and Luna was walking around in some place called the Whispering Woods? She wasn't sure. All she knew was that she was in Nascent and had to find where the rest of her group was at. As she walked through the unsettling woods she couldn't help but frown a bit. Did she wander away and miss the departure time for all the groups? Yes, she did. But that didn't mean they had to send her to find the group by herself! She let out a little sigh as she slipped out her ocarina and began to play a quiet melody to herself as she walked. Fortunately, for her, she didn't run into any aggressive animals or enemies on her walk and soon found herself at the entrance of a village. She wasn't exactly sure what village it was but she was just glad to see something other than fog and trees. With a small yet pleased smile, she stepped into the village and let her eyes wander from place to place. Her group didn't leave too much before her so they had to be here? Or at least somewhere around here. Through her quick scan, her eyes were first attracted to an Inn. An inn called Blackhorne to be more specific. Deciding that an inn would be the best place to pick up some info she set off for it. Stepping into the fog and making her way to the inn.

Once inside Luna gently placed the Ocarina back in her bag and looked around the interior. It wasn't as full as she expected it to be but she was able to recognize one person within the tiny crowd of people. Who she did notice was a blond kid with blue eyes. The same blond kid with blue eyes she recalled seeing back in the palace. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to catch his name and wasn't sure how she was supposed to call him out. Wouldn't 'kid' or 'blondie' be a bit rude? Now not even sure how she should approach the other she hesitantly took a seat at one of the empty tables and just simply watched as him and the innkeeper talk it out all while not trying to seem like a stalker or some creepy person. Seeing the other move Luna hopped up ready to follow, thinking that he was leaving, but he was simply heading over to another table to talk to yet another person. Luna wasn't too sure what they were all supposed to do, as she missed a lot of what she was told, but she got the fact that they were looking for someone. Was that samurai guy the one they were talking about?

Luna stood in her awkward position wondering if now would be a good time to approach. Maybe ask where everyone else is...or help with whatever he was up to. She didn't know! She just needed to do something right now. So she approached the table the samurai and the blond kid. She didn't sit but stood at the edge as she glanced between the two. Quickly she could tell that the blond guy was just as nervous as she was right now. But why? Did something happen or is this whole situation just awkward for everyone? Now that she thought about it...why was he by himself? Did he get lost and that's why he looked so nervous? That would make sense but how did he lose them? Realizing she was getting too deep into her thoughts she finally managed to speak rather than just awkwardly watch and stare at the duo. "Um....! Really sorry if I am intruding on a private matter." She started hesitantly before clearing her throat and looking at the blondie. "But I'm apart of your group...or team. Do you remember me? My name's Luna. From the palace." She spoke in hopes that he did remember seeing her and she didn't look like a total weirdo right now. "Sorry...I don't know what's going on." She said shrinking back on herself awkwardly. She wasn't sure how to explain herself and had interrupted their conversation for basically no reason! She wouldn't be surprised if she got shooed off.

Interactions: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM Ghostiiys Ghostiiys MasterJuann MasterJuann Hippu Hippu

D4267153-C28B-448D-867D-CB1E4D701B22.jpeg

Innuo Haruta
As Innuo mumbled over his words trying desperately to get the point his half worded interrogation was halted by a girls voice. His gaze turned to look at the girl who stood between himself and the samurai seated across from him. His eyes falling upon her....her...his view was filed by her chest and lets be honest here barely a millisecond passed before the trails of blood squirted upward as his head shot backward the chair tipping in response to his body reacting to the change. The blue eyes the girl had observed from across the room were now blood red and his hair going from well groomed to a ragged and rough visage as he returned to his normal seated position.
“This fool is about to tell me where Heru is or else, glad your here though. Luna was it? You can sit by me”
The man responded even as his nose bled the smile he offered looking more sinister than caring as he slid out a chair for her to sit beside him leaving his free arm arched over the back of the chair.
“Your good cop, I am bad cop got it?”
He expressed before turning his sights back to the samurai who seemed the least amused towards the pair.
Innuo was truly grateful the girl had made available her assets for the transition to his other state of mind. Otherwise this conversation was goi go to be painful, now he just had to watch that he didn’t piss off this guy before what was meant to be a pleasant jnsight for information turned into a full on bar fight.
Interactions: Bloody_Death Bloody_Death

Last edited:
When she caught the boy's attention she shuffled a bit uncomfortably under his gaze. She waited for a few moments, wondering if he was going to say anything, before opening her mouth to apologize once again for interrupting them. However, she stopped when the other jolted up and back in his seat. "W-Woah..! Are you okay?" She frantically asked reaching over to make sure that the boy's chair didn't tip all the way over to where he would fall out. Letting out a sigh of relief that no heads were cracked on the floor she moved back to her original position at the edge of the table. She quickly noticed the boy's physical appearance change ever-so-lightly. Red eyes and messier hair. And it all changed without him even having to touch it. When the other finally spoke she gave a quick nod and a slight smile. Happy that she didn't leave too bad of a first expression but kinda on edge with the other's almost complete flip from the person who was practically shaking just mere moments ago.

Nevertheless, she happily took the seat beside the boy that was offered to her, moving her bag so that it was sitting in her lap, before glancing over at the other and noticing his bloody nose. "Er- your nose is bleeding. Do you need a napkin or something...?" She asked as she glanced from place to place for a napkin. Seeing a little rack of them on her side of the table she plucked one from the pile and held it out for the other. Onto the topic at hand now, it appears they were searching for someone named Heru. She had no idea who that was but it obviously wasn't the man sitting across from the both of them. "Huh? Oh. RIght. I can do that." She said not expecting the good cop bad cop roles to be placed upon them. Were they interrogating this stranger? Strange but she was just going to nod along and hopefully prevent the two from yelling at each other.

Interactions: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah
(Don't wanna ping the others since this doesn't really relate to the others and I don't wanna seem like I'm spam pinging for no reason lol :neutralteeth: )

Varte sat at a table simply polishing his Katana. Varte had heard the footsteps of Innuo approaching him. The boy had taken a seat by the blind samurai. He didn't pay too much mind to the boy until he had brought up his curiosity in finding Heru. The Samurai was going to speak up however the footsteps of another person approaching were brought to his ears. This time it was accompanied by the voice of a female. They appeared to know eachother. And Varte knew all too well who they were. They were the children of the prophecy.

"No need for Hostility stranger. I know who you both are. You're children of the prophecy. I have seen your arrival in visions." He said continuing to polish his Katana.
He didn't bother to look up to meet his strangers. Not much it would do anyways considering he was blind.

"I suppose I have some time to explain the situation of Millstone. You see about a month ago we had a necromancer problem arrive. Heru, our mayor had taken care of the problem, or so we thought but he went missing. We're not sure where he is but I have a mind to investigate his last known whereabouts in the clocktower. But that place has been locked up recently. We had to bury some necromancers in the woods too, so I apologize if our Asssassin friend was too rough with you all. We've been abit wary of newcomers since we had to deal with the necromancers." Varte spoke. His mind trailing to the the events of the past month.

He finished polishing his sword, wiping it one final time with a rag before looking up to the pair of teens revealing he was blindfolded. He wore armor made of bronzed metal and his Katana was silver and shined with the brilliance of a star in the night sky.
"Unfortunately you won't be able to get into the clocktower currently, we've tried everything, the doors were made a long time ago to prevent many powerful people from entering without permission. I'm willing to help you all look for clues around the village and forest however." He said facing the children before sheathing his sword.

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Bloody_Death Bloody_Death

Users who are viewing this thread

Back